register gallery

Go Back   Mazdaspeed Forums >
MAZDASPEED SECTION
>
Mazdaspeed 3/6 MZR Gen1 Forums (2006-2009)
> MazdaSpeed 3/6 - Wheels & Tires > Wheels & Tires - COSMIC BLUE

Wheels & Tires - COSMIC BLUE Wheels & Tires on cosmic blue cars.

Welcome to Mazdaspeed Forums .

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

*When you join MSF as a registered user, there will be No Ads.

*Registered Members get access to the Off Topic Area of the Forum

*Registered Members have an opportunity to upgrade their accounts to VIP, which brings a host of goddies for supporting MSF such as Raffles, Additional Forum Access, More PM Storage, The ability to upload more Images and many other enhancements.

*Registered members also get access to the live chat box!

Bookmark and Share LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
 Old 05-27-2011, 08:03 PM   #1

Eric28243 is the leader of the worldEric28243 is the leader of the worldEric28243 is the leader of the worldEric28243 is the leader of the worldEric28243 is the leader of the worldEric28243 is the leader of the worldEric28243 is the leader of the worldEric28243 is the leader of the worldEric28243 is the leader of the worldEric28243 is the leader of the worldEric28243 is the leader of the world
Groans: 19
Groaned at 6 Times in 6 Posts
(Thread Starter)
Not Ranked  0 score     
Default liquidmetal static

This is my first post. I'd like to thank everybody that's unknowingly helped me with many installs on my car. There are some smart folks on this forum. I plan on donating when I get time.

I have had my cosmic blue '08 since I bought it new but haven't needed to ask questions yet.

Here is the wheel in question:

It's size is 18x8.5 @ 45mm. Yee olde tire calculator states a change of 6mm (1/4 in) inside diameter increase and 20mm (3/4) outside diameter increase over the stock kicks.

I'm still at stock ride height/suspension. Should I put these on my car or would I be asking for trouble? They have a 18x7.5 @ 45 version, but it would pain me to spend all that dough strictly for looks. I'd like to have some sort of performance reason for the investment.

Anybody have any thoughts? The size increase seems miniscule, but once you add all the moving around, it's gotta have a pretty good amount of play.

If everybody thinks it's a good idea, I'll be snagging them and posting pics ASAP.
Eric28243 is offline   Reply With Quote
 Old 05-28-2011, 06:47 AM   #2

eliminator is the leader of the worldeliminator is the leader of the worldeliminator is the leader of the worldeliminator is the leader of the worldeliminator is the leader of the worldeliminator is the leader of the worldeliminator is the leader of the worldeliminator is the leader of the worldeliminator is the leader of the worldeliminator is the leader of the worldeliminator is the leader of the world
Groans: 12
Groaned at 2 Times in 2 Posts
Not Ranked  0 score     

meh, nothing special with those wheels. Personally, I'd prob go with the 7.5 version, but others on this forum would push the 8.5s.

Any idea how much they weigh? Spend a few bucks more and get some nicer wheels.
 Old 05-28-2011, 07:57 AM   #3

Eric28243 is the leader of the worldEric28243 is the leader of the worldEric28243 is the leader of the worldEric28243 is the leader of the worldEric28243 is the leader of the worldEric28243 is the leader of the worldEric28243 is the leader of the worldEric28243 is the leader of the worldEric28243 is the leader of the worldEric28243 is the leader of the worldEric28243 is the leader of the world
(Thread Starter)
Not Ranked  0 score     

Well, I like them. You'be surprsed how hard it is to find a 5-spoke with beefy spokes, one bolt pattern (not goin for the obviously ricey wheels look), compatible offset, without any of that also ricey fake-rivet look around the inside rim all for under 175 bucks a wheel. I love the superturismo's and know they look fantastic on my car, but I don't start the cushy gov't job till after the background check and they are proud of their wheels. Any lookalikes? Seems like I've been shopping for wheels for damn near a month.
BorgWarner EFR 6758 + IWG Mani, forge v2 BPV, Energy Full Suspension Bushings, GMPP 3-Bars, Vibrant Racing Catted HiFlow Downpipe, WERKS Boost Tubes, Intake, Power-Steering Relocation Kit, Radiator Hoses, and Race FMIC, Koni Yellows + Eibach Pro-Kit's, RPi GT CBE, HP Tuner SquishyTooned on E40, RK Sport Rotors/Pads, DDMWorks 2-gauge Pillarpod and Armrest, Prosport HALO Electronic Wideband and Boost Gauges, Spec Stage 2+ Clutch + Fidanza Single-Mass FryWhee, XTUNERS Gauge Cluster, GM Roadster.com HID/LED Full Exterior and Interior Light Conversion
Dyno: Uhh... fast as hell?

'08.0 Cosmic Blue MS3 - "The Daily" STOCKED OUT (almost)
COBB SRI/TIP - COBB AP SquishyTooned on E40 - COBB XLE BPV - HKS Hi-Power CBE - ITV22s - Corksport RMM Inserts - JBR Shifter Bushings and SSP - PTP Fuel Pump - PG + Treadstone - 35% Tint - ebaY Double-Penetrator - MS3 Vent Kit Install
Dyno: 319 / 331

CWP_MS3 is my mackdaddy
 Old 05-28-2011, 09:39 AM   #4

eliminator is the leader of the worldeliminator is the leader of the worldeliminator is the leader of the worldeliminator is the leader of the worldeliminator is the leader of the worldeliminator is the leader of the worldeliminator is the leader of the worldeliminator is the leader of the worldeliminator is the leader of the worldeliminator is the leader of the worldeliminator is the leader of the world
Not Ranked  0 score     

What about RX-8 oems? 18X8, 21ish lbs, fit perfect, cheap
 Old 05-28-2011, 11:32 AM   #5

(Thread Starter)
Not Ranked  0 score     

I found a website I can get the RX-8 rims for about 615 bucks after shipping. Know any cheaper? It just seems like everybody else has them. To be honest, I'll probably end up with 'em, I was just trying to be unique in some way, but I'd much rather be functionally sound, increase the performance a little, and do something I know works. Thanks for the suggestions!
BorgWarner EFR 6758 + IWG Mani, forge v2 BPV, Energy Full Suspension Bushings, GMPP 3-Bars, Vibrant Racing Catted HiFlow Downpipe, WERKS Boost Tubes, Intake, Power-Steering Relocation Kit, Radiator Hoses, and Race FMIC, Koni Yellows + Eibach Pro-Kit's, RPi GT CBE, HP Tuner SquishyTooned on E40, RK Sport Rotors/Pads, DDMWorks 2-gauge Pillarpod and Armrest, Prosport HALO Electronic Wideband and Boost Gauges, Spec Stage 2+ Clutch + Fidanza Single-Mass FryWhee, XTUNERS Gauge Cluster, GM Roadster.com HID/LED Full Exterior and Interior Light Conversion
Dyno: Uhh... fast as hell?

'08.0 Cosmic Blue MS3 - "The Daily" STOCKED OUT (almost)
COBB SRI/TIP - COBB AP SquishyTooned on E40 - COBB XLE BPV - HKS Hi-Power CBE - ITV22s - Corksport RMM Inserts - JBR Shifter Bushings and SSP - PTP Fuel Pump - PG + Treadstone - 35% Tint - ebaY Double-Penetrator - MS3 Vent Kit Install
Dyno: 319 / 331

CWP_MS3 is my mackdaddy
 Old 05-28-2011, 06:44 PM   #6

Not Ranked  0 score     

You should be able to find RX8 wheels local for $400-500 in good shape. Just keep an eye out.
Eric28243 (05-29-2011)
 Old 01-05-2012, 08:35 PM   #7

stogi1knobi will become famous soon enoughstogi1knobi will become famous soon enough
Groans: 0
Groaned at 0 Times in 0 Posts
Not Ranked  0 score     

Try rx8club.com I sold a set of rx8 wheels on there for cheap. And they are posted quite often.
stogi1knobi is offline   Reply With Quote