register gallery

Go Back   Mazdaspeed Forums >
MAZDASPEED SECTION
>
Mazdaspeed Forums Reviews/Articles
> Mazdaspeed Forums User Reviews

Mazdaspeed Forums User Reviews These are reviews done by our community members.

Welcome to Mazdaspeed Forums .

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

*When you join MSF as a registered user, there will be No Ads.

*Registered Members get access to the Off Topic Area of the Forum

*Registered Members have an opportunity to upgrade their accounts to VIP, which brings a host of goddies for supporting MSF such as Raffles, Additional Forum Access, More PM Storage, The ability to upload more Images and many other enhancements.

*Registered members also get access to the live chat box!

Bookmark and Share LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
 Old 02-05-2011, 01:12 AM   #1
2zz mr-s

dooderek is the leader of the worlddooderek is the leader of the worlddooderek is the leader of the worlddooderek is the leader of the worlddooderek is the leader of the worlddooderek is the leader of the worlddooderek is the leader of the worlddooderek is the leader of the worlddooderek is the leader of the worlddooderek is the leader of the worlddooderek is the leader of the world
Thanked 6,647 Times in 1,903 Posts
Groans: 239
Groaned at 352 Times in 214 Posts
(Thread Starter)
Not Ranked  0 score     
Default ralco ss review

Ralco RZ Short Throw Shifter MazdaSpeed 6 2006-2007 - eBay (item 310173251573 end time Mar-01-11 07:48:47 PST)
so this is the ralco ss. ive bought a ralco ss before for my is300 and it was a great product. so i went ahead and pulled the trigger on the ralco ss for the ms6. first things first, the only way i found to purchase this product is from ultrarev on ebay. ive bought things from this guy before and hes a great seller. i purchased a fidanaza flywheel @ $340 after negotiating where as part stores were selling them as high as $500. Here are pictures of the product

side to side comparison with the stock shifter

anyway you may notice that this is the EXACT copy of the twm shifter. to the T, infact the manual is the EXACT same as the twm guide minus the pictures.

The quality of the ss is top notce. everything installed smoothly absoulty no complaints.

now i offered him $100 and he immediatly accepted. which means he wouldve went lower. if you are interested try low balling him at 50 and see where you go.

i highly recommend this over a shift plate for 2 main reasons
1) you get 40% reduced shift WITH a shorter shifter for a sportier look/feel
2) you recieve a COMPLETE stage 2 twm short shift WITH solid shifter bushings for roughly 1/2 of the twm shifter and about the same price as the shift plate depending on how low he will go

also i noticed that the shifter shaft material/design absorbs a bit of the tranny sound, so the ride is significantly quiter
the only downfall is the install time which is a bit longer than the plate, and involves the use of a power drill.

and here are the pics of my twm counter weighted knob with the ss. hope this review helps

neutrel

first gear
dooderek is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to dooderek For This Useful Post:
p057 (03-25-2013), phillyb (02-05-2011), rodrigo (02-05-2011), Worbit (03-15-2011)
 Old 02-05-2011, 03:45 AM   #2
Fuck sushi rolls

rodrigo is the leader of the worldrodrigo is the leader of the worldrodrigo is the leader of the worldrodrigo is the leader of the worldrodrigo is the leader of the worldrodrigo is the leader of the worldrodrigo is the leader of the worldrodrigo is the leader of the worldrodrigo is the leader of the worldrodrigo is the leader of the worldrodrigo is the leader of the world
Thanked 24,881 Times in 7,894 Posts
Groans: 356
Groaned at 509 Times in 380 Posts
Not Ranked  0 score     

bout timez u do sum ping productive

2007 Ms3 3071r fully bolted , retired and sold after 110k miles of abuse

2014 Black Track Pack premium , NA 4lyfe ...AED dyno tuned on E85 466.6whp / 406.8 TQ SAE

rodrigo is offline   Reply With Quote
 Old 02-23-2011, 06:02 AM   #3

jo.jacques has a brilliant futurejo.jacques has a brilliant futurejo.jacques has a brilliant futurejo.jacques has a brilliant futurejo.jacques has a brilliant futurejo.jacques has a brilliant futurejo.jacques has a brilliant futurejo.jacques has a brilliant futurejo.jacques has a brilliant futurejo.jacques has a brilliant futurejo.jacques has a brilliant future
Groans: 3
Groaned at 2 Times in 2 Posts
Not Ranked  0 score     

Damn i tried 75$ on ebay and he counteroffered 130$
Originally Posted by ms307nm View Post
i use my TIP to penetrate womens buttholes
jo.jacques is offline   Reply With Quote
 Old 02-23-2011, 01:13 PM   #4
2zz mr-s

dooderek is the leader of the worlddooderek is the leader of the worlddooderek is the leader of the worlddooderek is the leader of the worlddooderek is the leader of the worlddooderek is the leader of the worlddooderek is the leader of the worlddooderek is the leader of the worlddooderek is the leader of the worlddooderek is the leader of the worlddooderek is the leader of the world
(Thread Starter)
Not Ranked  0 score     

Originally Posted by jo.jacques View Post
Damn i tried 75$ on ebay and he counteroffered 130$
keep countering, he will give eventually
 Old 02-23-2011, 01:16 PM   #5

PunjabiPlaya is the leader of the worldPunjabiPlaya is the leader of the worldPunjabiPlaya is the leader of the worldPunjabiPlaya is the leader of the worldPunjabiPlaya is the leader of the worldPunjabiPlaya is the leader of the worldPunjabiPlaya is the leader of the worldPunjabiPlaya is the leader of the worldPunjabiPlaya is the leader of the worldPunjabiPlaya is the leader of the worldPunjabiPlaya is the leader of the world
Thanked 30,201 Times in 2,793 Posts
Groans: 131
Groaned at 45 Times in 17 Posts
Not Ranked  0 score     

lol, that boot and knob look like a fat girl on an exercise ball
broke ass college student
PunjabiPlaya is offline   Reply With Quote
 Old 02-23-2011, 02:04 PM   #6

banditscout is the leader of the worldbanditscout is the leader of the worldbanditscout is the leader of the worldbanditscout is the leader of the worldbanditscout is the leader of the worldbanditscout is the leader of the worldbanditscout is the leader of the worldbanditscout is the leader of the worldbanditscout is the leader of the worldbanditscout is the leader of the worldbanditscout is the leader of the world
Groans: 50
Groaned at 3 Times in 2 Posts
Not Ranked  0 score     

Haha, it does look pretty funny... You need a shorter shift boot OP!
banditscout is offline   Reply With Quote
 Old 03-15-2011, 12:23 PM   #7

Worbit is the leader of the worldWorbit is the leader of the worldWorbit is the leader of the worldWorbit is the leader of the worldWorbit is the leader of the worldWorbit is the leader of the worldWorbit is the leader of the worldWorbit is the leader of the worldWorbit is the leader of the worldWorbit is the leader of the worldWorbit is the leader of the world
Thanked 4,119 Times in 1,101 Posts
Groans: 142
Groaned at 58 Times in 37 Posts
Not Ranked  0 score     

sweet, he's selling one for the mazdaspeed3 too Looks like I know what I will be buying next....

Ralco RZ Short Throw Shifter MazdaSpeed 3 Mazda3 MPS - eBay (item 310167039607 end time Mar-31-11 17:26:18 PDT)

Zoom-Zoom-Coons on 05/10/16
2011 Mazdaspeed3 Celestial Blue Mica
BUILT BY CORKSPORT
CP-e Catted Downpipe || CP-e HPFP || Corksport Turbo || Corksport 3-bar Map Sensor || Corksport EBCS|| Corksport SRI || Corksport TIP || Corksport CBE || Corksport Boost Cut Killer || Corksport FMIC || Corksport SSP || Corksport MM Inserts || Corksport Blue Shift Knob || Corksport Injector Seals || DM Full EGR Delete Kit || Corksport License Plate Relocation Kit || Snyapse Engineering Synchronic BOV || Cobb V3 Accessport (PD Tune in progress)
Worbit is offline   Reply With Quote
 Old 03-15-2011, 01:45 PM   #8
2zz mr-s

(Thread Starter)
Not Ranked  0 score     

haha yeah it just the stage 2 twm replica, exact minus the logo. 500 + miles and it is sweet
 Old 03-15-2011, 07:56 PM   #9

turbo test is the leader of the worldturbo test is the leader of the worldturbo test is the leader of the worldturbo test is the leader of the worldturbo test is the leader of the worldturbo test is the leader of the worldturbo test is the leader of the worldturbo test is the leader of the worldturbo test is the leader of the worldturbo test is the leader of the worldturbo test is the leader of the world
Groans: 16
Groaned at 9 Times in 5 Posts
Not Ranked  0 score     

more info?, reviews on the ms3?
2010 Velocity Red MS3-Eibach PRO-KIT-EVO X Rims-SU RMM-SU solid shifter bushings-CP-e HPFP-CP-e tip-CP-e cai-CP-e hks ssqv bov kit-ddm slim hid kit 35w-5000k-JBR Heavy Shift Knob-JBR RSB-AQ Motorsports catted downpipe-Magnaflow full 3in CBE- SPC camber arms (Stratified tuning) 91/e85 tuned
turbo test is offline   Reply With Quote
 Old 03-27-2011, 06:08 PM   #10

Amazon is the leader of the worldAmazon is the leader of the worldAmazon is the leader of the worldAmazon is the leader of the worldAmazon is the leader of the worldAmazon is the leader of the worldAmazon is the leader of the worldAmazon is the leader of the worldAmazon is the leader of the worldAmazon is the leader of the worldAmazon is the leader of the world
Thanked 2,174 Times in 931 Posts
Groans: 214
Groaned at 114 Times in 83 Posts
Not Ranked  0 score     

Any love for gen2?

Amazon is offline   Reply With Quote
 Old 04-06-2011, 07:52 AM   #11

versyejr has a spectacular aura aboutversyejr has a spectacular aura about
Groans: 0
Groaned at 0 Times in 0 Posts
Not Ranked  0 score     

It looks too low now, how about adding an inch maybe 1 1/2". Can you get one that isn't that low, from this guy?

Thanx
versyejr is offline   Reply With Quote
 Old 04-06-2011, 02:33 PM   #12
2zz mr-s

(Thread Starter)
Not Ranked  0 score     

no these arent custom made per order. you can always go to a shop and have em weld shit. personally i like the low
[07:25 PM] Pu Manchu: the second rule is "don't tell anyone"
[07:25 PM] Pu Manchu: the first rule of tranny fucking is "don't do it"
 Old 11-22-2012, 09:32 AM   #13

Jh8909 is the leader of the worldJh8909 is the leader of the worldJh8909 is the leader of the worldJh8909 is the leader of the worldJh8909 is the leader of the worldJh8909 is the leader of the worldJh8909 is the leader of the worldJh8909 is the leader of the worldJh8909 is the leader of the worldJh8909 is the leader of the worldJh8909 is the leader of the world
Groans: 130
Groaned at 8 Times in 7 Posts
Not Ranked  0 score     

reviving this thread because I tried offering $75 first and that didn't work, tried $85 next that also didn't work. Then I realized he probably set it to not accept anything under $100. so I offered $99 and that still didn't work.

however if you want it cheap I found it here, also there is a 10% discount code

Ralco RZ Short Shifter MAZDA 6 MAZDASPEED 2006 - 2007 2.3 914949

ralco | 10% off all Ralco Short shifters, pulleys, clutches, flywheels and more!

so with the code you can get it for just under $115.

06 Black Cherry Mica MS6 GT: Speed Perf6rmanc3 built motor, GT3076r EWG, ACT 6 puck Clutch kit, HTP 3.5" full intake, M2 downpipe, XS Power Exhaust Manifold, CP-E austenite 3" exhaust, Whiteline 24mm rear sway bar, Injector RX Cleaned injectors, JBR trilogy motor mounts, JBR EGR Block off plate, Ported and ceramic coated intake manifold, 3 bar MAP, 3 port EBCS, Cobb AP, CX racing piping with Treadstone TR8, CP-E SAFEseals, MD OCC, Step Colder spark plugs, Turbo XS RFL BOV, AT fp internals, CP-E rear diff mount, Turbine Tech Front rear diff mount, DSS 500hp rear drivers side axle, Wilwood 4 Pot Calipers, Team Dynamics 18"x8" Pro Race 1.2s +38, SPC front ball joints, H&R springs, Morimoto clear projector retrofits.
Jh8909 is offline   Reply With Quote
 Old 11-23-2012, 08:18 PM   #14
2zz mr-s

(Thread Starter)
Not Ranked  0 score     

sweet
 Old 03-25-2013, 11:10 AM   #15

sockol is an unknown quantity at this point
Not Ranked  0 score     

Reviving the thread once again)

I've seen a number of online stores that offer it for like 112-118$, but they either don't ship to Russia at all, or set some funny shipping quotes.

Tried to offer that guy 121$ instead of 139 starting price, but it was automatically declined. Who has bought from him recently? What kind of offers does he accept?
sockol is offline   Reply With Quote
 Old 03-25-2013, 11:17 AM   #16

NICKELL666 is the leader of the worldNICKELL666 is the leader of the worldNICKELL666 is the leader of the worldNICKELL666 is the leader of the worldNICKELL666 is the leader of the worldNICKELL666 is the leader of the worldNICKELL666 is the leader of the worldNICKELL666 is the leader of the worldNICKELL666 is the leader of the worldNICKELL666 is the leader of the worldNICKELL666 is the leader of the world
Groans: 2
Groaned at 15 Times in 10 Posts
Not Ranked  0 score     

I bought one from him a couple months ago. He didn't budge much on the price at all. Think I paid 125 or 130. Can't remember. I'm happy with the shifter though.
09 MS3: Cobb AP; Autotech HPFP; HTP 3" Intake; CP-E TMIC; GFB Respons; NGK Iridium IX; M2 Catless DP; TurboXS cbe; JBR 88a; JBR SSP; Ralco RZ STS; Aeroforce Interceptor; Defi Red Racer; Racelands v2(until I have issues); SPC camber arms; 18x8.75 +35; 215/40/18; Freek Tune; 50/50 Corn
NICKELL666 is offline   Reply With Quote
 Old 06-03-2013, 10:48 AM   #17

buckeyepost has a reputation beyond reputebuckeyepost has a reputation beyond reputebuckeyepost has a reputation beyond reputebuckeyepost has a reputation beyond reputebuckeyepost has a reputation beyond reputebuckeyepost has a reputation beyond reputebuckeyepost has a reputation beyond reputebuckeyepost has a reputation beyond reputebuckeyepost has a reputation beyond reputebuckeyepost has a reputation beyond reputebuckeyepost has a reputation beyond repute
Groans: 1
Groaned at 5 Times in 5 Posts
Not Ranked  0 score     

So, how much shorter is this than stock? I don't want to be bustin my knuckles on beer cans in my cup holder...

Is this it??? http://thmotorsports.com/ralco_rz/ra.../i-308369.aspx
07 MS3 GT {DD} \\ 295whp 328wtq (pre E mix) \\ Cobb AP {Stage 2} \\ MS CAI & CBE \\ ATP DP/MP {catless} \\ Corksport TMIC \\ SURE TIH \\ TurboSmart Kompact BPV \\ AutoTech FP internals \\ Denso ITV22's \\ SU RMM \\ Ralco STS\\ Hawk HPS pads \\ StopTech rotors \\ Sensen dampers \\ Moog swaybar links \\ DashHawk \\ 225/45 Kuhmo Ecsta XS's on 18x7.5 Momo S-five's \\ 205/60-16 Dunlop Winter Sport 3D's on steelies

1:3 E85 mix Dizzy tuned by Boost_creep
...... sold :-(
buckeyepost is offline   Reply With Quote
 Old 06-03-2013, 04:33 PM   #18

NICKELL666 is the leader of the worldNICKELL666 is the leader of the worldNICKELL666 is the leader of the worldNICKELL666 is the leader of the worldNICKELL666 is the leader of the worldNICKELL666 is the leader of the worldNICKELL666 is the leader of the worldNICKELL666 is the leader of the worldNICKELL666 is the leader of the worldNICKELL666 is the leader of the worldNICKELL666 is the leader of the world
Not Ranked  0 score     

I think that's it. I didn't get a knob with mine though. It's pretty short. Beer cans are fine but bottles are a little irritating. My wrists sit on top of them.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 2
09 MS3: Cobb AP; Autotech HPFP; HTP 3" Intake; CP-E TMIC; GFB Respons; NGK Iridium IX; M2 Catless DP; TurboXS cbe; JBR 88a; JBR SSP; Ralco RZ STS; Aeroforce Interceptor; Defi Red Racer; Racelands v2(until I have issues); SPC camber arms; 18x8.75 +35; 215/40/18; Freek Tune; 50/50 Corn
 Old 06-03-2013, 06:43 PM   #19

Worbit is the leader of the worldWorbit is the leader of the worldWorbit is the leader of the worldWorbit is the leader of the worldWorbit is the leader of the worldWorbit is the leader of the worldWorbit is the leader of the worldWorbit is the leader of the worldWorbit is the leader of the worldWorbit is the leader of the worldWorbit is the leader of the world
Thanked 4,119 Times in 1,101 Posts
Groans: 142
Groaned at 58 Times in 37 Posts
Not Ranked  0 score     

Originally Posted by NICKELL666 View Post
I think that's it. I didn't get a knob with mine though. It's pretty short. Beer cans are fine but bottles are a little irritating. My wrists sit on top of them.

Can you snap a photo when you get a chance?

Zoom-Zoom-Coons on 05/10/16
2011 Mazdaspeed3 Celestial Blue Mica
BUILT BY CORKSPORT
CP-e Catted Downpipe || CP-e HPFP || Corksport Turbo || Corksport 3-bar Map Sensor || Corksport EBCS|| Corksport SRI || Corksport TIP || Corksport CBE || Corksport Boost Cut Killer || Corksport FMIC || Corksport SSP || Corksport MM Inserts || Corksport Blue Shift Knob || Corksport Injector Seals || DM Full EGR Delete Kit || Corksport License Plate Relocation Kit || Snyapse Engineering Synchronic BOV || Cobb V3 Accessport (PD Tune in progress)
Worbit is offline   Reply With Quote
 Old 06-04-2013, 08:30 AM   #20

Not Ranked  0 score     

Yeah ill get a pic later when I pick my car up.

Old 06-04-2013, 06:51 PM   #21

Not Ranked  0 score     

Forgot to upload the pic. Here ya go

Attached Images
File Type: jpg uploadfromtaptalk1370397066676.jpg (77.9 KB, 73 views)
 Old 06-10-2013, 04:31 AM   #22

buckeyepost has a reputation beyond reputebuckeyepost has a reputation beyond reputebuckeyepost has a reputation beyond reputebuckeyepost has a reputation beyond reputebuckeyepost has a reputation beyond reputebuckeyepost has a reputation beyond reputebuckeyepost has a reputation beyond reputebuckeyepost has a reputation beyond reputebuckeyepost has a reputation beyond reputebuckeyepost has a reputation beyond reputebuckeyepost has a reputation beyond repute
Groaned at 5 Times in 5 Posts
Not Ranked  0 score     

+1 for the MS3 Ralco SS. Only had it on for a couple days but it's a nice piece, especially for $115.
07 MS3 GT {DD} \\ 295whp 328wtq (pre E mix) \\ Cobb AP {Stage 2} \\ MS CAI & CBE \\ ATP DP/MP {catless} \\ Corksport TMIC \\ SURE TIH \\ TurboSmart Kompact BPV \\ AutoTech FP internals \\ Denso ITV22's \\ SU RMM \\ Ralco STS\\ Hawk HPS pads \\ StopTech rotors \\ Sensen dampers \\ Moog swaybar links \\ DashHawk \\ 225/45 Kuhmo Ecsta XS's on 18x7.5 Momo S-five's \\ 205/60-16 Dunlop Winter Sport 3D's on steelies

1:3 E85 mix Dizzy tuned by Boost_creep
...... sold :-(
buckeyepost is offline   Reply With Quote
 Old 06-13-2013, 10:32 AM   #23
lulz @Raider

burn813 is the leader of the worldburn813 is the leader of the worldburn813 is the leader of the worldburn813 is the leader of the worldburn813 is the leader of the worldburn813 is the leader of the worldburn813 is the leader of the worldburn813 is the leader of the worldburn813 is the leader of the worldburn813 is the leader of the worldburn813 is the leader of the world
Thanked 7,184 Times in 1,903 Posts
Groans: 18
Groaned at 21 Times in 18 Posts
Not Ranked  0 score     

I have had mine on the ms3 for over 2 yrs and I have 0 compaints, I even compared it to a buddy of mine's twm. essentially the same damn thing even the welds and "weak points" are addressed in the same way.

HKS CBE/ Koni Yellows and H&R springs/ HTP Whale Penis Intake/ PTP Fuel internals/SteedSpeed Mani/CP-E SafeSeals/E85 Hypnotic Tuned
burn813 is offline   Reply With Quote
 Old 06-16-2013, 03:38 PM   #24

Not Ranked  0 score     

Here's a pic of mine with twm phantom knob. Little lower than what it was with the jbr

Attached Images
File Type: jpg uploadfromtaptalk1371422344727.jpg (75.5 KB, 52 views)
 Old 06-24-2013, 10:12 AM   #25

momovllj is infamous around these parts
Groaned at 15 Times in 7 Posts
Not Ranked  0 score     

Does any one know if you could use this with the corksport shifter weight?
momovllj is offline   Reply With Quote
 Old 06-24-2013, 07:15 PM   #26
lulz @Raider

burn813 is the leader of the worldburn813 is the leader of the worldburn813 is the leader of the worldburn813 is the leader of the worldburn813 is the leader of the worldburn813 is the leader of the worldburn813 is the leader of the worldburn813 is the leader of the worldburn813 is the leader of the worldburn813 is the leader of the worldburn813 is the leader of the world
Thanked 7,184 Times in 1,903 Posts
Groans: 18
Groaned at 21 Times in 18 Posts
Not Ranked  0 score     

I am using the Jbr weight on mine

HKS CBE/ Koni Yellows and H&R springs/ HTP Whale Penis Intake/ PTP Fuel internals/SteedSpeed Mani/CP-E SafeSeals/E85 Hypnotic Tuned
burn813 is offline   Reply With Quote
 Old 07-14-2013, 09:00 PM   #27

Ackerman is an unknown quantity at this point
Not Ranked  0 score     

want to see the comparison diagram
Ackerman is offline   Reply With Quote
 Old 11-21-2013, 06:17 AM   #28

almcbs has a reputation beyond reputealmcbs has a reputation beyond reputealmcbs has a reputation beyond reputealmcbs has a reputation beyond reputealmcbs has a reputation beyond reputealmcbs has a reputation beyond reputealmcbs has a reputation beyond reputealmcbs has a reputation beyond reputealmcbs has a reputation beyond reputealmcbs has a reputation beyond reputealmcbs has a reputation beyond repute
Groaned at 2 Times in 1 Post
Not Ranked  0 score     

I have had mine for almost 2 years now and still feels just as good as the day i put it on.

ETS TMIC | HTP 3" Intake | Turboxs Hybrid BOV | JBR RMM | Ralco RZ STS | CP-E Triple Dash Pod | Prosport Gauges | Bilstein HD Shocks | H&R Springs | SPC Adjustable Ball Joints | Corksport Strut Bar | CP-E Diff Mount | Whiteline RSB | Autotech HPFP | Cobb AP V3 | M2 DP | PU Rims | Unicorn Jizz | Rotella T6 Blood

Next to come : ???????????
almcbs is offline   Reply With Quote