register gallery

Go Back   Mazdaspeed Forums >
MAZDASPEED SECTION
> Members Rides Gallery

Members Rides Gallery General Area For Posting Pictures, Thread Themes, Etc for your car

Welcome to Mazdaspeed Forums .

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

*When you join MSF as a registered user, there will be No Ads.

*Registered Members get access to the Off Topic Area of the Forum

*Registered Members have an opportunity to upgrade their accounts to VIP, which brings a host of goddies for supporting MSF such as Raffles, Additional Forum Access, More PM Storage, The ability to upload more Images and many other enhancements.

*Registered members also get access to the live chat box!
Like Tree174Likes

Bookmark and Share LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
 Old 05-29-2012, 10:08 PM   #1

dale_gribble is the leader of the worlddale_gribble is the leader of the worlddale_gribble is the leader of the worlddale_gribble is the leader of the worlddale_gribble is the leader of the worlddale_gribble is the leader of the worlddale_gribble is the leader of the worlddale_gribble is the leader of the worlddale_gribble is the leader of the worlddale_gribble is the leader of the worlddale_gribble is the leader of the world
Thanked 10,522 Times in 2,900 Posts
Groans: 12
Groaned at 24 Times in 21 Posts
(Thread Starter)
Not Ranked  0 score     
Default Dale Gribble's MS6 : Autoexe springs on post 23

I have been rolling an NA Mazda 6S (v6 + 5spd) for 4 years and decided to go with the Speed. Actually, a buddy of mine bought a Gen 2 MS3 and I honestly had no idea they were that much faster then my NA 6S. I literally started shopping for a Speed6 almost immediately after my first ride in the Speed3.

Took me a few months. I finally almost gave up hope after 1 month casual searching and 1 month hardcore searching yielded only MS6 junk. Fast forward, I literally almost bought an 04 STi; I had the price negotiated, the bank note in progress and then the day that I went to get the check for the STi an MS6 popped up nearby. It was an 06 Sport WWP 1-owner bone stock with 32k miles. I bought it the next day.

This is my old 6 and the MS6 together.

This is the 6 as received.

So far, I have bolted up an AEM CAI, a CPE TMIC, Cobb TIH and Cobb AP. I am running a Stage 1 OTS map but I intend to start getting into tuning with ATR as I learn more and more. I really don't intend to go beyond these mods besides maybe a catback exhaust at some point.

I picked up some Gen 2 MS3 rims from somebody on this forum (their name escapes me ATM). I have AutoEXE low down springs being delivered tomorrow and I am installing this weekend. I swapped on my CAR LED tails from my old 6 before selling it and this is where I am now.

Last edited by dale_gribble; 07-22-2015 at 05:59 PM. Reason: MSF Database - Automerged Doublepost
dale_gribble is offline   Reply With Quote
 Old 05-29-2012, 10:26 PM   #2

TriO is the leader of the worldTriO is the leader of the worldTriO is the leader of the worldTriO is the leader of the worldTriO is the leader of the worldTriO is the leader of the worldTriO is the leader of the worldTriO is the leader of the worldTriO is the leader of the worldTriO is the leader of the worldTriO is the leader of the world
Groans: 1
Groaned at 6 Times in 5 Posts
Not Ranked  0 score     

nice man. looks clean and low mileage...

what happened to the rims off the old 6?? you didn't you stick them on the speed? they look badass...
TriO is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to TriO For This Useful Post:
BigjohnB20 (05-30-2012), dale_gribble (01-02-2013), ScarMS3 (05-30-2012)
 Old 05-29-2012, 10:27 PM   #3

ms6forthewin is the leader of the worldms6forthewin is the leader of the worldms6forthewin is the leader of the worldms6forthewin is the leader of the worldms6forthewin is the leader of the worldms6forthewin is the leader of the worldms6forthewin is the leader of the worldms6forthewin is the leader of the worldms6forthewin is the leader of the worldms6forthewin is the leader of the worldms6forthewin is the leader of the world
Groaned at 5 Times in 5 Posts
Not Ranked  0 score     

nice ride, but dont like the genpoo rims on our car.

if i were you i would consider upgrading your hpfp internals, catback = uselss. if you wanna keep it near stock, get a test pipe and run stage 2 and start calibrating. you should be rolling, go search abilors tuning guide for noobs in the ecu section. well get your ap first lol.

btw where in socal do you live?

-2007 MAZDASPEED 6 (SOLD)
BNR S3// ALL-SUPPORTING MODS
ms6forthewin is offline   Reply With Quote
 Old 05-29-2012, 10:37 PM   #4

dale_gribble is the leader of the worlddale_gribble is the leader of the worlddale_gribble is the leader of the worlddale_gribble is the leader of the worlddale_gribble is the leader of the worlddale_gribble is the leader of the worlddale_gribble is the leader of the worlddale_gribble is the leader of the worlddale_gribble is the leader of the worlddale_gribble is the leader of the worlddale_gribble is the leader of the world
(Thread Starter)
Not Ranked  0 score     

Originally Posted by TriO View Post
nice man. looks clean and low mileage...

what happened to the rims off the old 6?? you didn't you stick them on the speed? they look badass...
Lol. They were a really aggressive fitment and looked like crap on my 4x4 stance Speed6. There was a gap between selling my 6 and lowering this speed, and I wanted it to look nice until then so I didn't hold onto that set. This is what I am talking about. Those wheels need to be basically tucked to look good.

Last edited by dale_gribble; 02-26-2015 at 05:34 PM.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to dale_gribble For This Useful Post:
AZSPEED3 (06-02-2012), BigjohnB20 (05-30-2012), ButtholeRedMS3 (09-20-2015)
 Old 05-29-2012, 10:44 PM   #5

(Thread Starter)
Not Ranked  0 score     

Originally Posted by ms6forthewin View Post
nice ride, but dont like the genpoo rims on our car.

if i were you i would consider upgrading your hpfp internals, catback = uselss. if you wanna keep it near stock, get a test pipe and run stage 2 and start calibrating. you should be rolling, go search abilors tuning guide for noobs in the ecu section. well get your ap first lol.

btw where in socal do you live?
I hear you on the internals and also the exhaust. The catback is more for an aesthetic. I wouldn't mind a little more rumble from the back end. I am going to start researching the internals.

I live in Temecula to be exact.

I also wouldn't say I am a HUGE fan of the Genpoo rims on our cars, but it is going to look 10,000,000x better when I get the springs on. Here's an example from 6Y MAZDA's MS6 (from 6crew, not sure if he is on here) + Genpoo + moar low. I think it looks good, it just really needs the stance to look really good.:

These rims will tide me over for a year or so.
1WICKED6 likes this.
 Old 05-29-2012, 10:48 PM   #6

ms6forthewin is the leader of the worldms6forthewin is the leader of the worldms6forthewin is the leader of the worldms6forthewin is the leader of the worldms6forthewin is the leader of the worldms6forthewin is the leader of the worldms6forthewin is the leader of the worldms6forthewin is the leader of the worldms6forthewin is the leader of the worldms6forthewin is the leader of the worldms6forthewin is the leader of the world
Groaned at 5 Times in 5 Posts
Not Ranked  0 score     

Originally Posted by dale_gribble View Post
I hear you on the internals and also the exhaust. The catback is more for an aesthetic. I wouldn't mind a little more rumble from the back end. I am going to start researching the internals.

I live in Temecula to be exact.

I also wouldn't say I am a HUGE fan of the Genpoo rims on our cars, but it is going to look 10,000,000x better when I get the springs on. Here's an example from 6Y MAZDA's MS6 (from 6crew, not sure if he is on here) + Genpoo + moar low. I think it looks good, it just really needs the stance to look really good.:

These rims will tide me over for a year or so.
Start reading, lmk if you need any help. Our platform is sometimes complicated, but pretty damn fun to learn.

-2007 MAZDASPEED 6 (SOLD)
BNR S3// ALL-SUPPORTING MODS
ms6forthewin is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to ms6forthewin For This Useful Post:
dale_gribble (05-30-2012)
 Old 05-30-2012, 01:26 AM   #7

m4tic is the leader of the worldm4tic is the leader of the worldm4tic is the leader of the worldm4tic is the leader of the worldm4tic is the leader of the worldm4tic is the leader of the worldm4tic is the leader of the worldm4tic is the leader of the worldm4tic is the leader of the worldm4tic is the leader of the worldm4tic is the leader of the world
Thanked 5,013 Times in 1,767 Posts
Groaned at 24 Times in 22 Posts
Not Ranked  0 score     

You had no idea N/A 6's were slow as fuck? Lol

//2014 Mustang GT// Brembos - Bob's Can - SCT X4 - MGW - GT500 Quad-tip Axle back - Vorshlag Street Pro - Ford K Springs - BMR PHB

2007 MS6 w/ Cheez

// COBB V3 // SURE ID300 MAF // COBB TIP // CXRacing FMIC // PTP BSD // PTP Windage Tray // PTP TIG // KMD V2.1 CDFP Internals // HD Coil Packs //
Corksport DP // TurboXS RP // CP-e 3" Single Cat-back // Bilstein Shocks & H&R Springs // DSS Axle // TSW Interlagos 19x8 +35 // 235/35 Rubber
// Defi Red Racer // Block8head Defrost Pod // DDM 3k Fogs & 6k Lowbeams // Custom iPod Integration Hackjob //
m4tic is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to m4tic For This Useful Post:
Alpha (07-02-2012), dale_gribble (01-02-2013), Hammology (08-26-2013), jman46 (05-30-2012), Micha (03-17-2014), silvapain (06-17-2012)
 Old 05-30-2012, 05:29 AM   #8

dubunderpar is the leader of the worlddubunderpar is the leader of the worlddubunderpar is the leader of the worlddubunderpar is the leader of the worlddubunderpar is the leader of the worlddubunderpar is the leader of the worlddubunderpar is the leader of the worlddubunderpar is the leader of the worlddubunderpar is the leader of the worlddubunderpar is the leader of the worlddubunderpar is the leader of the world
Groaned at 3 Times in 3 Posts
Not Ranked  0 score     

I saw the post on 6crew that said you bought the sti lol. I just took a kid for a ride that said his v6 would hang with me.... He no longer says that.
 Old 05-30-2012, 05:39 AM   #9

TiGraySpeed6 is the leader of the worldTiGraySpeed6 is the leader of the worldTiGraySpeed6 is the leader of the worldTiGraySpeed6 is the leader of the worldTiGraySpeed6 is the leader of the worldTiGraySpeed6 is the leader of the worldTiGraySpeed6 is the leader of the worldTiGraySpeed6 is the leader of the worldTiGraySpeed6 is the leader of the worldTiGraySpeed6 is the leader of the worldTiGraySpeed6 is the leader of the world
Thanked 5,748 Times in 2,277 Posts
Groans: 2
Not Ranked  0 score     

Yeah.....
I suspect this is gonna be a fun build to watch!

Glad to see you did get the AP- I wasn't sure from the other post yesterday if you were just working with a logger of some sort or an AP.

Do keep an eye on your fuel pressure- if you see it dropping below 1600 during WOT runs, it's on the path to failure. Internals are a fairly quick, easy install.

Enjoy the new play toy!
Was a Mazdaspeed6 GT #3476 TiGray slicktop
Now in a BMW 135i - double the turbos, double the fun!
E82.N54 2009 / BSM / A/T / Drop-in / PR CP / Berk Street / MHD / xHP
340hp / 371tq
TiGraySpeed6 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to TiGraySpeed6 For This Useful Post:
dale_gribble (01-02-2013)
 Old 05-30-2012, 06:55 AM   #10

tddvrrn is the leader of the worldtddvrrn is the leader of the worldtddvrrn is the leader of the worldtddvrrn is the leader of the worldtddvrrn is the leader of the worldtddvrrn is the leader of the worldtddvrrn is the leader of the worldtddvrrn is the leader of the worldtddvrrn is the leader of the worldtddvrrn is the leader of the worldtddvrrn is the leader of the world
Thanked 3,097 Times in 1,183 Posts
Groans: 103
Groaned at 86 Times in 55 Posts
Not Ranked  0 score     

if i was yew, i'd be buying up some hpfp internals asap. it sounds like you are heading in a direction that will require them..

fueling issues can lead to BOOM!

good luck dood. looks nice.
2008 ms3 mit: hypertech tune, pg sri, corksport tip, jbr(80 tmm, 88 rmm, 80 pmm), jbarone bushings + heavy shift knob, diy sts, sure ssp, sensen shocks, jbr rsb, ford transfluid, aura 5 channel amp, jbl gt speakers, 6" bazooka sub, diy mudflaps, DDM 3000k HID fog kit, 6000k lows
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
tddvrrn is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to tddvrrn For This Useful Post:
 Old 05-30-2012, 03:28 PM   #11

(Thread Starter)
Not Ranked  0 score     

Originally Posted by tddvrrn View Post
if i was yew, i'd be buying up some hpfp internals asap. it sounds like you are heading in a direction that will require them..

fueling issues can lead to BOOM!

good luck dood. looks nice.
Thanks. I am seeing fuel pressures around 1700psi at WOT, so I think if I stay where I am then I am good. I really don't think I am going to take the car past Stage 1.
Emew likes this.
 Old 05-30-2012, 03:39 PM   #12

TiGraySpeed6 is the leader of the worldTiGraySpeed6 is the leader of the worldTiGraySpeed6 is the leader of the worldTiGraySpeed6 is the leader of the worldTiGraySpeed6 is the leader of the worldTiGraySpeed6 is the leader of the worldTiGraySpeed6 is the leader of the worldTiGraySpeed6 is the leader of the worldTiGraySpeed6 is the leader of the worldTiGraySpeed6 is the leader of the worldTiGraySpeed6 is the leader of the world
Not Ranked  0 score     

The speed6 HPFP tends to be /slightly/ more reliable than the speed3, gawd knows why. Mine was a freaking animal, right up till it wasn't.

Generically, the pump is pretty much maxed out for stock use, adding either a DP or upgraded IC will flow more air, and potentially take the HPFP beyond it's ability to keep up.

Start to budget for a set of internals, ~$350, and watch your pressure under WOT.

Failures will look like these examples-

340hp / 371tq
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to TiGraySpeed6 For This Useful Post:
dale_gribble (02-26-2015), johnredding (07-10-2012)
 Old 05-30-2012, 03:57 PM   #13

lilred is the leader of the worldlilred is the leader of the worldlilred is the leader of the worldlilred is the leader of the worldlilred is the leader of the worldlilred is the leader of the worldlilred is the leader of the worldlilred is the leader of the worldlilred is the leader of the worldlilred is the leader of the worldlilred is the leader of the world
Thanked 8,690 Times in 3,186 Posts
Groans: 10
Groaned at 17 Times in 14 Posts
Not Ranked  0 score     

Nice purchase, keep an eye on nator socal section we meet in murrieta
JBR SSP/bushings
JBR RMM
JBR tigs/ egr delete/ coolant bypass
JBR stage 2 OCC
CS test pipe
Turbosmart BPV (stocker currently on)
SS lines/super blue/stoptech pads

Originally Posted by silvapain View Post
I've heard that modding MAZDASPEEDs is an STD...
lilred is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to lilred For This Useful Post:
 Old 05-30-2012, 04:02 PM   #14

jman46 is the leader of the worldjman46 is the leader of the worldjman46 is the leader of the worldjman46 is the leader of the worldjman46 is the leader of the worldjman46 is the leader of the worldjman46 is the leader of the worldjman46 is the leader of the worldjman46 is the leader of the worldjman46 is the leader of the worldjman46 is the leader of the world
Thanked 5,603 Times in 1,666 Posts
Groans: 49
Groaned at 26 Times in 20 Posts
Not Ranked  0 score     

Grats on the purchase, you won't regret it. He'll be fine with the mods he has on the stock internals now...I was fully bolted minus my meth and I was still seeing 1600-1700 until I swapped them out when they started to go south in the colder weather.

'07 MS3 - 313hp/323tq - sold - the FIRST EVER FREEKPerm.
'06 F150 SCrew 4x4 5.4l - sold
'03 Marauder - Vortech on only 8psi 485whp/435wtq - sold
'95 Mustang GT - sold
'95 SHO MTX - sold
jman46 is offline   Reply With Quote
 Old 05-30-2012, 04:05 PM   #15

(Thread Starter)
Not Ranked  0 score     

Originally Posted by lilred View Post
Nice purchase, keep an eye on nator socal section we meet in murrieta
Will do, thanks.
 Old 05-30-2012, 04:10 PM   #16

manila is the leader of the worldmanila is the leader of the worldmanila is the leader of the worldmanila is the leader of the worldmanila is the leader of the worldmanila is the leader of the worldmanila is the leader of the worldmanila is the leader of the worldmanila is the leader of the worldmanila is the leader of the worldmanila is the leader of the world
Thanked 1,190 Times in 611 Posts
Groans: 13
Groaned at 30 Times in 17 Posts
Not Ranked  0 score     

Nice looking 6. How much did you end up paying for it? The white is hella clean my friend!

COBB AP V3 >> AUTOTECH HPFP >> HTP 3.5" >> ATP DP (catless) >> AXLEBACK (no mufflers) >> COBB PIPING/TR6 CORE >>

JBR RMM >> SSP/BUSHINGS >> RSB >> STG. 2 OCC >>

HYPNOTIC TUNED: tehmadscientist & senor finkle

manila is offline   Reply With Quote
 Old 05-30-2012, 04:17 PM   #17

(Thread Starter)
Not Ranked  0 score     

Paid 15k for it bone stock. I was more then happy to pay that for it. It was worth it.
 Old 05-30-2012, 06:57 PM   #18

dubunderpar is the leader of the worlddubunderpar is the leader of the worlddubunderpar is the leader of the worlddubunderpar is the leader of the worlddubunderpar is the leader of the worlddubunderpar is the leader of the worlddubunderpar is the leader of the worlddubunderpar is the leader of the worlddubunderpar is the leader of the worlddubunderpar is the leader of the worlddubunderpar is the leader of the world
Not Ranked  0 score     

Originally Posted by dale_gribble View Post
Thanks. I am seeing fuel pressures around 1700psi at WOT, so I think if I stay where I am then I am good. I really don't think I am going to take the car past Stage 1.
Sure you don't.........
dale_gribble (01-03-2013)
 Old 05-30-2012, 07:35 PM   #19

Regulator is the leader of the worldRegulator is the leader of the worldRegulator is the leader of the worldRegulator is the leader of the worldRegulator is the leader of the worldRegulator is the leader of the worldRegulator is the leader of the worldRegulator is the leader of the worldRegulator is the leader of the worldRegulator is the leader of the worldRegulator is the leader of the world
Groans: 5
Groaned at 9 Times in 4 Posts
Not Ranked  0 score     

I had a v6 before my MS6. I thought my v6 was quick too lol. I had cp-e intake, mazdaspeed exhaust, and revised throttle body on my old car.

Now I have those car-led tails and the TSW wheels on the MS6, lots more under the hood.

Edit: Yea I said I would leave my MS6 stock too, you will not survive.
 Old 05-30-2012, 08:56 PM   #20

(Thread Starter)
Not Ranked  0 score     

Originally Posted by Regulator View Post
I had a v6 before my MS6. I thought my v6 was quick too lol. I had cp-e intake, mazdaspeed exhaust, and revised throttle body on my old car.

Now I have those car-led tails and the TSW wheels on the MS6, lots more under the hood.

Edit: Yea I said I would leave my MS6 stock too, you will not survive.
Haha. My v6 6S had the CPE CAI, TWM STS, Injen catback, ETC throttle controller, optimized throttle body and a few more goods. It isn't a slow car, but it sure isn't a SPEED.

Those TSWs look hot on your car. I really liked the TSWs on my old 6, I just didn't want to go that aggressive on this one (+45mm 18x8.5 with 235/40s). They required a full roll and still rubbed lightly.
 Old 05-30-2012, 08:58 PM   #21

m4tic is the leader of the worldm4tic is the leader of the worldm4tic is the leader of the worldm4tic is the leader of the worldm4tic is the leader of the worldm4tic is the leader of the worldm4tic is the leader of the worldm4tic is the leader of the worldm4tic is the leader of the worldm4tic is the leader of the worldm4tic is the leader of the world
Thanked 5,013 Times in 1,767 Posts
Groaned at 24 Times in 22 Posts
Not Ranked  0 score     

It is a slow car... The throttle controller was just a placebo

//2014 Mustang GT// Brembos - Bob's Can - SCT X4 - MGW - GT500 Quad-tip Axle back - Vorshlag Street Pro - Ford K Springs - BMR PHB

2007 MS6 w/ Cheez

// COBB V3 // SURE ID300 MAF // COBB TIP // CXRacing FMIC // PTP BSD // PTP Windage Tray // PTP TIG // KMD V2.1 CDFP Internals // HD Coil Packs //
Corksport DP // TurboXS RP // CP-e 3" Single Cat-back // Bilstein Shocks & H&R Springs // DSS Axle // TSW Interlagos 19x8 +35 // 235/35 Rubber
// Defi Red Racer // Block8head Defrost Pod // DDM 3k Fogs & 6k Lowbeams // Custom iPod Integration Hackjob //
m4tic is offline   Reply With Quote
 Old 05-30-2012, 08:58 PM   #22

(Thread Starter)
Not Ranked  0 score     

^^^ Agreed... Totally different ball game with the Speed6.
 Old 06-02-2012, 04:02 PM   #23

(Thread Starter)
Not Ranked  0 score     

Autoexe's are on. I am ecstatic with how they turned out. I am certain they will settle a bit, but this is exactly what I wanted. Less wheel gap but not too low. This is definitely how it should have looked from the factory. Also, I had a clunk since I had the car. I found a loose front sway bar link, so I am now clunkless too.

The care feels 1,000,000x better now. It feels tuned and not squishy at all. Again, this is how it should have come from the factory.

1WICKED6 likes this.

Last edited by dale_gribble; 02-26-2015 at 05:37 PM.
The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to dale_gribble For This Useful Post:
AZSPEED3 (06-17-2012), ButtholeRedMS3 (09-20-2015), eliminator (08-15-2012), jmhinkle (02-05-2013), johnredding (07-10-2012), Micha (03-17-2014), Poohster (06-03-2012)
 Old 06-02-2012, 04:28 PM   #24

Black Metal is the leader of the worldBlack Metal is the leader of the worldBlack Metal is the leader of the worldBlack Metal is the leader of the worldBlack Metal is the leader of the worldBlack Metal is the leader of the worldBlack Metal is the leader of the worldBlack Metal is the leader of the worldBlack Metal is the leader of the worldBlack Metal is the leader of the worldBlack Metal is the leader of the world
Thanked 1,307 Times in 422 Posts
Groans: 78
Groaned at 6 Times in 6 Posts
Not Ranked  0 score     

I like it clean and simple. Where did you get the autoexe's from?
- GS EBCS - H&R Springs - Sure TIG's - PNP'D Intake Manifold - EGR Delete -

12.89 @ 104.9 1.82 60' 4500' ASL on K04 20 PSI E30
12.01 @ 113.9 1.80 60' 4500' ASL on 3071 22 PSI E20

- 2004 Silver Sunlight Metallic RX-8 -
- 6MT - Stock -
Black Metal is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Black Metal For This Useful Post:
dale_gribble (06-02-2012)
 Old 06-02-2012, 04:32 PM   #25

(Thread Starter)
Not Ranked  0 score     

Street Unit ordered them in from Japan for me. It only took a few weeks and their price was the best. The springs are pricey but I 1) wanted springs designed for the MS6 and 2) I didn't want to go any lower then 1". I was shooting for the 2 finger fender clearance (as opposed to stock fisting clearance). I think when these settle I will be around there somewhere.

I am well versed in changing 6 shocks/springs, so it took me a total of 4 hours to swap them in by myself.
 Old 06-02-2012, 04:39 PM   #26

(Thread Starter)
Not Ranked  0 score     

I love the sleeper look of the car. It really looks pretty much like a clean 6. I really don't think anyone but very few out there know that this is a Speed; it is debadged too. I love the surprised looks on peoples faces when I get on it.
 Old 06-17-2012, 10:58 AM   #27

(Thread Starter)
Not Ranked  0 score     

What do you guys think? I am contemplating going with a bronze p-coat on genpus.

The Following User Says Thank You to dale_gribble For This Useful Post:
Tenchix (06-17-2012)
 Old 06-17-2012, 11:06 AM   #28

TTB yeee has a reputation beyond reputeTTB yeee has a reputation beyond reputeTTB yeee has a reputation beyond reputeTTB yeee has a reputation beyond reputeTTB yeee has a reputation beyond reputeTTB yeee has a reputation beyond reputeTTB yeee has a reputation beyond reputeTTB yeee has a reputation beyond reputeTTB yeee has a reputation beyond reputeTTB yeee has a reputation beyond reputeTTB yeee has a reputation beyond repute
Groans: 9
Groaned at 1 Time in 1 Post
Not Ranked  0 score     

I was going to say exactly that, powdercoating your wheels will make it look much better.

A dark gunmetal, bronze, or gold would all be good choices. White plus the light silver alloy color don't mix IMO.
dale_gribble (06-17-2012)
 Old 06-17-2012, 11:13 AM   #29

(Thread Starter)
Not Ranked  0 score     

I am also going to budget a catted DP and upgraded internals within the next 5-6 months. I guess as soon as you get to a point and get used to it, you just want more.
 Old 06-17-2012, 11:28 AM   #30
Lex
Engineered Tuning

Lex is the leader of the worldLex is the leader of the worldLex is the leader of the worldLex is the leader of the worldLex is the leader of the worldLex is the leader of the worldLex is the leader of the worldLex is the leader of the worldLex is the leader of the worldLex is the leader of the worldLex is the leader of the world
Thanked 23,352 Times in 6,956 Posts
Groans: 13
Groaned at 44 Times in 38 Posts
Not Ranked  0 score     

The MS6 looks great! Congrats on a very clean car. Get those FP internals in there before any other engine mods and consider a custom tune to get the most out of the K04. Keep up the good work on the car.

We Engineer, and that's better than just tuning!

www.stratifiedauto.com
COBB AP and VersaTuner Custom Tuning. Guardian Angel Protection and Boost Control.
Lex is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Lex For This Useful Post:
 Old 06-17-2012, 01:36 PM   #31

redmnsterut is the leader of the worldredmnsterut is the leader of the worldredmnsterut is the leader of the worldredmnsterut is the leader of the worldredmnsterut is the leader of the worldredmnsterut is the leader of the worldredmnsterut is the leader of the worldredmnsterut is the leader of the worldredmnsterut is the leader of the worldredmnsterut is the leader of the worldredmnsterut is the leader of the world
Groaned at 4 Times in 4 Posts
Not Ranked  0 score     

car looks sick man, way jealous of the white

SURE RMM | SURE Shift Weight | SURE SSP | CP-E CAI | CP-E DP | CP-E TIP | COBB AP |SnailD Tunned| TEIN Springs | SU Turbosmart BPV | Autotech HPFP Internals | Autolite XP step colder plugs | JBR Heavy Shift Knob | CXracing FMIC | Block8 Single Gauge Pod | MSD DashHawk

Waiting to be installed: SURE Dreadnaught | JBR Shifter Bushings | SU Boost Tubes | P&P Intake Manifold

Soon to come:SURE Intake/TB TIG | SURE Juggernaught | RSB |

286awhp / 346lbs tq @4500 ft ASL
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
redmnsterut is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to redmnsterut For This Useful Post:
 Old 06-17-2012, 01:48 PM   #32

celery952 is the leader of the worldcelery952 is the leader of the worldcelery952 is the leader of the worldcelery952 is the leader of the worldcelery952 is the leader of the worldcelery952 is the leader of the worldcelery952 is the leader of the worldcelery952 is the leader of the worldcelery952 is the leader of the worldcelery952 is the leader of the worldcelery952 is the leader of the world
Groans: 0
Groaned at 3 Times in 2 Posts
Not Ranked  0 score     

me wants white in a bad way
 Old 06-17-2012, 02:48 PM   #33

Tenchix is the leader of the worldTenchix is the leader of the worldTenchix is the leader of the worldTenchix is the leader of the worldTenchix is the leader of the worldTenchix is the leader of the worldTenchix is the leader of the worldTenchix is the leader of the worldTenchix is the leader of the worldTenchix is the leader of the worldTenchix is the leader of the world
Groans: 4
Groaned at 4 Times in 4 Posts
Not Ranked  0 score     

I want those wheels and in that bronze color.
Tenchix is offline   Reply With Quote
 Old 06-17-2012, 09:16 PM   #34

(Thread Starter)
Not Ranked  0 score     

This is exactly the color I want... Gold Bronze.... I am going to try and get the finish somewhere between this and my bronze TSW Nurburgrings.

Old 06-17-2012, 09:26 PM   #35

silvapain is the leader of the worldsilvapain is the leader of the worldsilvapain is the leader of the worldsilvapain is the leader of the worldsilvapain is the leader of the worldsilvapain is the leader of the worldsilvapain is the leader of the worldsilvapain is the leader of the worldsilvapain is the leader of the worldsilvapain is the leader of the worldsilvapain is the leader of the world
Thanked 19,663 Times in 5,045 Posts
Groans: 136
Groaned at 47 Times in 41 Posts
Not Ranked  0 score     

White is right.

I'm surprised at how much I like the GenPu wheels on the MS6. Definitely keep them the stock color, though.

Stop spending money on wheels and get HPFP internals. Otherwise, the car will look really pretty sitting on the side of the road with a vented block.
jmhinkle (02-05-2013), Micha (03-17-2014), Speed_j23 (02-23-2013)
 Old 06-17-2012, 09:38 PM   #36

(Thread Starter)
Not Ranked  0 score     

My HPFP is high 1600s- low 1700s at WOT which from what I have heard is decent margin so long as I don't bolt anything else on. Now, I plan to go stage 2 which includes internals and DP but you are saying that I need to do internals before anything else including bro ho magnet rim bronze p-coat?

I'll not hear of this nonsense. P-coat, then side of the road breakdown on highway, then regret and humiliation, and then internals with complete rebuild. How is my logic flawed?
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to dale_gribble For This Useful Post:
lilred (06-18-2012), Speed_j23 (02-23-2013)
 Old 06-18-2012, 11:54 AM   #37

Deliverance will become famous soon enoughDeliverance will become famous soon enough
Groans: 0
Groaned at 0 Times in 0 Posts
Not Ranked  0 score     

Clean car. i like the wheels a lot!

Not so sure about the bronze though...
Deliverance is offline   Reply With Quote
 Old 06-29-2012, 01:08 PM   #38

(Thread Starter)
Not Ranked  0 score     

This is the powder color I settled on. Should be on next week.

I also ordered a Stratified e-tune, rear diff brace, front engine mount, rear engine mount and aluminum shift housing mounts.

Last edited by dale_gribble; 02-26-2015 at 05:39 PM.
 Old 06-29-2012, 02:21 PM   #39

(Thread Starter)
Not Ranked  0 score     

As soon as I make up my mind, I change it. I am 50/50 between bronze and gunmetal.

Old 06-29-2012, 02:57 PM   #40

Not Ranked  0 score     

On white, I'm liking the bronze.
For some reason the gunmetal just looks dirty, but the bronze stands out..
340hp / 371tq
The Following User Says Thank You to TiGraySpeed6 For This Useful Post:
dale_gribble (06-29-2012)