register gallery

Go Back   Mazdaspeed Forums >
MAZDASPEED SECTION
> Members Rides Gallery

Members Rides Gallery General Area For Posting Pictures, Thread Themes, Etc for your car

Welcome to Mazdaspeed Forums .

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

*When you join MSF as a registered user, there will be No Ads.

*Registered Members get access to the Off Topic Area of the Forum

*Registered Members have an opportunity to upgrade their accounts to VIP, which brings a host of goddies for supporting MSF such as Raffles, Additional Forum Access, More PM Storage, The ability to upload more Images and many other enhancements.

*Registered members also get access to the live chat box!
Like Tree174Likes

Bookmark and Share LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
 Old 07-02-2012, 01:49 PM   #41

dale_gribble is the leader of the worlddale_gribble is the leader of the worlddale_gribble is the leader of the worlddale_gribble is the leader of the worlddale_gribble is the leader of the worlddale_gribble is the leader of the worlddale_gribble is the leader of the worlddale_gribble is the leader of the worlddale_gribble is the leader of the worlddale_gribble is the leader of the worlddale_gribble is the leader of the world
Thanked 10,522 Times in 2,900 Posts
Groans: 12
Groaned at 24 Times in 21 Posts
(Thread Starter)
Not Ranked  0 score     

Wheels are off to powdercoating...

Autotech internals have been ordered from Edgeautosport. Alex @ Stratified convinced me to get the CDFP upgrade before going through with their tune.

Then, upgraded engine, shift, diff mounts and then done for a little while.
dale_gribble is offline   Reply With Quote
 Old 07-02-2012, 02:54 PM   #42

TiGraySpeed6 is the leader of the worldTiGraySpeed6 is the leader of the worldTiGraySpeed6 is the leader of the worldTiGraySpeed6 is the leader of the worldTiGraySpeed6 is the leader of the worldTiGraySpeed6 is the leader of the worldTiGraySpeed6 is the leader of the worldTiGraySpeed6 is the leader of the worldTiGraySpeed6 is the leader of the worldTiGraySpeed6 is the leader of the worldTiGraySpeed6 is the leader of the world
Thanked 5,748 Times in 2,277 Posts
Groans: 2
Groaned at 3 Times in 3 Posts
Not Ranked  0 score     

Alex will treat you right, Enjoy!

FWIW, I'd offer a +1 on upgrading the fuel pump, it's just a sensible safe thing to do, and will let ya'll really get your tune in a good place.

Enjoy!
Was a Mazdaspeed6 GT #3476 TiGray slicktop
Now in a BMW 135i - double the turbos, double the fun!
E82.N54 2009 / BSM / A/T / Drop-in / PR CP / Berk Street / MHD / xHP
340hp / 371tq
TiGraySpeed6 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to TiGraySpeed6 For This Useful Post:
dale_gribble (07-02-2012)
 Old 07-05-2012, 10:17 AM   #43

dale_gribble is the leader of the worlddale_gribble is the leader of the worlddale_gribble is the leader of the worlddale_gribble is the leader of the worlddale_gribble is the leader of the worlddale_gribble is the leader of the worlddale_gribble is the leader of the worlddale_gribble is the leader of the worlddale_gribble is the leader of the worlddale_gribble is the leader of the worlddale_gribble is the leader of the world
(Thread Starter)
Not Ranked  0 score     

Thanks!

Got the SURE Juggernaut rear diff mount on order. I don't think I am going to install that myself when it arrives; it looks like a total pain in the ass without a lift. I also got some SURE aluminum shifter mounts and the AWR engine mount kit (side mount, rmm & trans mount) in 70 duro. I will install those myself. That should hold everything in place in preparation for the increased power and strain on everything.

After the dust settles on all of this (rims, internals, tune, diff & engine mounts), its time for a break.
The Following User Says Thank You to dale_gribble For This Useful Post:
jmhinkle (02-05-2013)
 Old 07-05-2012, 04:58 PM   #44

(Thread Starter)
Not Ranked  0 score     

Couple pics with the RX8s I got with the car. They are powdercoated like a very, very dark bronze. I just slapped these on until my P-Coated wheels arrive. I called the shop, it sounds like they won't be done until Monday. These will be for sale soon if someone is interested. The dark looks good, but these are too dark for me. I am out of my black wheel phase. plus I ran RX8s for YEARS so I am kind of over them.

On another note, you can see that I painted my emblems.

Last edited by dale_gribble; 02-26-2015 at 05:40 PM.
 Old 07-09-2012, 10:40 PM   #45

(Thread Starter)
Not Ranked  0 score     

Autotech internals are in. I took my time and reviewed all directions I could find. It was a piece of cake. Car started right up afterwards and HPFP got up to 1800psi on a smooth acceleration; ~400psi at idle. Car seems to be running smoother and feels very strong.

Bring on Stratified tune after internal break in period!

Oh, and I will just leave this here. More tomorrow...

Last edited by dale_gribble; 02-26-2015 at 05:41 PM.
 Old 07-10-2012, 10:21 AM   #46

(Thread Starter)
Not Ranked  0 score     

Out of direct sunlight

TiGraySpeed6 and slikr like this.

Last edited by dale_gribble; 02-26-2015 at 05:45 PM.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to dale_gribble For This Useful Post:
Lex (07-11-2012), redmnsterut (09-13-2012)
 Old 07-10-2012, 10:25 AM   #47

UnknownSuperhero is the leader of the worldUnknownSuperhero is the leader of the worldUnknownSuperhero is the leader of the worldUnknownSuperhero is the leader of the worldUnknownSuperhero is the leader of the worldUnknownSuperhero is the leader of the worldUnknownSuperhero is the leader of the worldUnknownSuperhero is the leader of the worldUnknownSuperhero is the leader of the worldUnknownSuperhero is the leader of the worldUnknownSuperhero is the leader of the world
Thanked 5,181 Times in 1,272 Posts
Groans: 26
Groaned at 24 Times in 19 Posts
Not Ranked  0 score     

I got a buddy lookin for the RX8's Let me know how much you would like for em and I can pass it on.

@DickFitzwell even though you are on a boat in the middle of the ocean with no dependable interwebs.
UnknownSuperhero is offline   Reply With Quote
 Old 07-10-2012, 10:29 AM   #48

lilred is the leader of the worldlilred is the leader of the worldlilred is the leader of the worldlilred is the leader of the worldlilred is the leader of the worldlilred is the leader of the worldlilred is the leader of the worldlilred is the leader of the worldlilred is the leader of the worldlilred is the leader of the worldlilred is the leader of the world
Thanked 8,690 Times in 3,186 Posts
Groans: 10
Groaned at 17 Times in 14 Posts
Not Ranked  0 score     

Looking good man
JBR SSP/bushings
JBR RMM
JBR tigs/ egr delete/ coolant bypass
JBR stage 2 OCC
CS test pipe
Turbosmart BPV (stocker currently on)
SS lines/super blue/stoptech pads

Originally Posted by silvapain View Post
I've heard that modding MAZDASPEEDs is an STD...
lilred is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to lilred For This Useful Post:
dale_gribble (07-10-2012)
 Old 07-10-2012, 10:47 AM   #49

TiGraySpeed6 is the leader of the worldTiGraySpeed6 is the leader of the worldTiGraySpeed6 is the leader of the worldTiGraySpeed6 is the leader of the worldTiGraySpeed6 is the leader of the worldTiGraySpeed6 is the leader of the worldTiGraySpeed6 is the leader of the worldTiGraySpeed6 is the leader of the worldTiGraySpeed6 is the leader of the worldTiGraySpeed6 is the leader of the worldTiGraySpeed6 is the leader of the world
Thanked 5,748 Times in 2,277 Posts
Groaned at 3 Times in 3 Posts
Not Ranked  0 score     

I like em- it's a good look on the WWP
Was a Mazdaspeed6 GT #3476 TiGray slicktop
Now in a BMW 135i - double the turbos, double the fun!
E82.N54 2009 / BSM / A/T / Drop-in / PR CP / Berk Street / MHD / xHP
340hp / 371tq
TiGraySpeed6 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to TiGraySpeed6 For This Useful Post:
dale_gribble (07-10-2012)
 Old 07-10-2012, 10:55 AM   #50

lilred is the leader of the worldlilred is the leader of the worldlilred is the leader of the worldlilred is the leader of the worldlilred is the leader of the worldlilred is the leader of the worldlilred is the leader of the worldlilred is the leader of the worldlilred is the leader of the worldlilred is the leader of the worldlilred is the leader of the world
Not Ranked  0 score     

Originally Posted by UnknownSuperhero View Post
I got a buddy lookin for the RX8's Let me know how much you would like for em and I can pass it on
Finally got the mouse moving faster than you lol he posted pics on Mocc
JBR SSP/bushings
JBR RMM
JBR stage 2 OCC
CS test pipe

Old 07-10-2012, 11:02 AM   #51

UnknownSuperhero is the leader of the worldUnknownSuperhero is the leader of the worldUnknownSuperhero is the leader of the worldUnknownSuperhero is the leader of the worldUnknownSuperhero is the leader of the worldUnknownSuperhero is the leader of the worldUnknownSuperhero is the leader of the worldUnknownSuperhero is the leader of the worldUnknownSuperhero is the leader of the worldUnknownSuperhero is the leader of the worldUnknownSuperhero is the leader of the world
Thanked 5,181 Times in 1,272 Posts
Groans: 26
Groaned at 24 Times in 19 Posts
Not Ranked  0 score     

So you goin to buy em?
If they were for me, you know I would have beat you to it.

I no mocc.
UnknownSuperhero is offline   Reply With Quote
 Old 07-10-2012, 11:06 AM   #52

(Thread Starter)
Not Ranked  0 score     

Originally Posted by TiGraySpeed6 View Post
I like em- it's a good look on the WWP
Thanks. The color isn't really coming through the camera that well. They have a lot more metallic look in person that is lost on the camera shots.

I warmed up to the color; I wasn't immediately excited. I knew black would have been safer but these are looking better to me as I stare at them from my office more.
 Old 07-10-2012, 05:18 PM   #53

(Thread Starter)
Not Ranked  0 score     

You guys think my ride will pick up some nvh after I install these?

Last edited by dale_gribble; 02-26-2015 at 05:45 PM.
Jh8909 (07-13-2012)
 Old 07-10-2012, 10:37 PM   #54

johnredding is the leader of the worldjohnredding is the leader of the worldjohnredding is the leader of the worldjohnredding is the leader of the worldjohnredding is the leader of the worldjohnredding is the leader of the worldjohnredding is the leader of the worldjohnredding is the leader of the worldjohnredding is the leader of the worldjohnredding is the leader of the worldjohnredding is the leader of the world
Groans: 8
Groaned at 1 Time in 1 Post
Not Ranked  0 score     

those rx8 rims are so nice. how much you lookin to get??
johnredding is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to johnredding For This Useful Post:
El_Diablo (11-16-2012)
 Old 07-12-2012, 09:16 PM   #55

(Thread Starter)
Not Ranked  0 score     

Originally Posted by johnredding View Post
those rx8 rims are so nice. how much you lookin to get??
PM me about details.

I got my first pass of the Stratified tune today officially kicking off my e-tune session with Alex. I have to say, my car hit all of his prescribed targets so far with flying colors: boost target hit, HPFP target hit, no KR, AFR targets hit. I felt a huge kick in the pants around 4500+. It was undeniable. Where the car used to begin trailing off, the thing pulled harder then it ever has up to redline. The car feels stronger all around but really shines in the higher rpms. I can't wait to keep going, this is only day 1!
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to dale_gribble For This Useful Post:
Jh8909 (07-13-2012), johnredding (07-13-2012), lilred (07-12-2012)
 Old 07-13-2012, 10:20 PM   #56

Jh8909 is the leader of the worldJh8909 is the leader of the worldJh8909 is the leader of the worldJh8909 is the leader of the worldJh8909 is the leader of the worldJh8909 is the leader of the worldJh8909 is the leader of the worldJh8909 is the leader of the worldJh8909 is the leader of the worldJh8909 is the leader of the worldJh8909 is the leader of the world
Groans: 130
Groaned at 8 Times in 7 Posts
Not Ranked  0 score     

Originally Posted by dale_gribble View Post
PM me about details.

I got my first pass of the Stratified tune today officially kicking off my e-tune session with Alex. I have to say, my car hit all of his prescribed targets so far with flying colors: boost target hit, HPFP target hit, no KR, AFR targets hit. I felt a huge kick in the pants around 4500+. It was undeniable. Where the car used to begin trailing off, the thing pulled harder then it ever has up to redline. The car feels stronger all around but really shines in the higher rpms. I can't wait to keep going, this is only day 1!
you'll be BT in no time lol

06 Black Cherry Mica MS6 GT: Speed Perf6rmanc3 built motor, GT3076r EWG, ACT 6 puck Clutch kit, HTP 3.5" full intake, M2 downpipe, XS Power Exhaust Manifold, CP-E austenite 3" exhaust, Whiteline 24mm rear sway bar, Injector RX Cleaned injectors, JBR trilogy motor mounts, JBR EGR Block off plate, Ported and ceramic coated intake manifold, 3 bar MAP, 3 port EBCS, Cobb AP, CX racing piping with Treadstone TR8, CP-E SAFEseals, MD OCC, Step Colder spark plugs, Turbo XS RFL BOV, AT fp internals, CP-E rear diff mount, Turbine Tech Front rear diff mount, DSS 500hp rear drivers side axle, Wilwood 4 Pot Calipers, Team Dynamics 18"x8" Pro Race 1.2s +38, SPC front ball joints, H&R springs, Morimoto clear projector retrofits.
Jh8909 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Jh8909 For This Useful Post:
dale_gribble (07-15-2012)
 Old 07-15-2012, 04:51 PM   #57

(Thread Starter)
Not Ranked  0 score     

Here is a 3rd gear WOT pull and a 4th gear WOT pull, both runs in succession. This is my first pass tune. Some KR between 5200-6000 and AFR is pretty rich. Car pulls GREAT. I can't wait to see what's in store now that he is learning more about my car.

I found a perfect frontage road that runs alongside the 15 south of Temecula that you can do 4th gear WOT pulls all day long on.
Attached Files
File Type: csv Stratified_V1_3rdgear_WOT_pull1.csv (22.8 KB, 24 views)
File Type: csv Stratified_V1_4thgear_WOT_pull1.csv (27.8 KB, 8 views)
 Old 07-18-2012, 10:11 AM   #58

(Thread Starter)
Not Ranked  0 score     

I had FMIC fail install yesterday. I will preface this by saying that I am a decent mechanic. I am usually careful and I have done some involved projects over the 19 years I have been wrenching on cars. I knew that I wasn't really up to doing something as involved as installing a FMIC last night. I was kind of tired and just wanted to take it easy. Instead, I forced myself to start the install (which I usually would otherwise enjoy). Everything was going smooth until I started cutting the radiator shroud on the driver side to clear the FMIC cold side tube. I was drilling a few holes so I could get my saw in there, and I was lazily drilling and not staying focused enough.

So, I drilled right through the shroud and into the radiator's lower plastic tank where I was greeted with green coolant gushing onto the ground. Radiator repairs are 50/50 at best and I am not playing that game, so I need to install a new radiator tonight... So, instead of new rim shots, you get this instead. FYI, getting our radiator out is a PITA!

I collected myself now, I will go at it tonight with the same attention to detail that I always otherwise do.

Last edited by dale_gribble; 02-26-2015 at 05:46 PM.
 Old 07-18-2012, 05:11 PM   #59

Block8head is the leader of the worldBlock8head is the leader of the worldBlock8head is the leader of the worldBlock8head is the leader of the worldBlock8head is the leader of the worldBlock8head is the leader of the worldBlock8head is the leader of the worldBlock8head is the leader of the worldBlock8head is the leader of the worldBlock8head is the leader of the worldBlock8head is the leader of the world
Thanked 4,526 Times in 1,354 Posts
Groans: 206
Groaned at 19 Times in 11 Posts
Not Ranked  0 score     

Looking good broski.

BOSTON STRONG
Block8head is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Block8head For This Useful Post:
dale_gribble (07-19-2012)
 Old 07-19-2012, 03:02 PM   #60

(Thread Starter)
Not Ranked  0 score     

I got the car back together. I will say that this CX Racing FMIC is not just a bolt on. It takes quite a bit of work to get fitted. Just don't do what I did and hit the radiator when you are cutting the shroud on the driver side. Also, the hood's ducting for the stock TMIC cannot stay on; it won't clear the hot side tubing down to the front of the car. The tubing barely clears the headlight; I actually had to massage everything for a good while (when I say massage I mean dremel) to get the RH headlight to fit well again. You have to pretty much decimate the lower bumper air diverter panel.

I broke the damn front bumper guide on the RH side- the little white plastic piece.

I didn't see any loss of boost, I am still around 21psi at wot, so I am not even sure I lost any boost at all. My BATs looked cooler and it seemed like the car cooled down a lot faster after idling at a stop light. I am going to run some logs and see where that takes me.

No way I was going to cut the crash bar like some people do to move the FMIC square in the lower grille opening. When I saw how flimsy that crash bar is to protect the people in a frontal impact, I didn't want to go near it.

Last edited by dale_gribble; 02-26-2015 at 05:46 PM.
 Old 07-19-2012, 03:32 PM   #61

(Thread Starter)
Not Ranked  0 score     

I ran a quick log with the FMIC for comparison to the TMIC. My new FMIC WOT BATs averaged 117F through a run with an average IAT of 89.6F.

On a previous run with the CPE TMIC, my TMIC BATs averaged 132.73F through a WOT run with an average IAT of 86F.

My delta between the BATs and IATs dropped 19 degrees F with the FMIC!

New wheel powdercoat pics.

Last edited by dale_gribble; 02-26-2015 at 05:47 PM. Reason: MSF Database - Automerged Doublepost
 Old 07-26-2012, 11:10 AM   #62

(Thread Starter)
Not Ranked  0 score     

Ran some logs against the virtual dyno. Looks like we are getting progress with the tune at Stratified!

I also ordered the resonated test pipe from corksport. I really want to hit the 300hp mark if I can.

Last edited by dale_gribble; 02-26-2015 at 05:48 PM.
Lex (07-27-2012)
 Old 07-26-2012, 12:54 PM   #63

slikr is the leader of the worldslikr is the leader of the worldslikr is the leader of the worldslikr is the leader of the worldslikr is the leader of the worldslikr is the leader of the worldslikr is the leader of the worldslikr is the leader of the worldslikr is the leader of the worldslikr is the leader of the worldslikr is the leader of the world
Groans: 5
Groaned at 1 Time in 1 Post
Not Ranked  0 score     

im jelly, i hope when i get a wife she has a white speed 6 already

----------------------------------------------------------

slikr is offline   Reply With Quote
 Old 07-27-2012, 06:10 PM   #64

(Thread Starter)
Not Ranked  0 score     

Look what a difference a 20 degree in IAT reduction means! 30HP and near 30 LB/FT TORQUE.

Last edited by dale_gribble; 02-26-2015 at 05:49 PM.
Lex (07-27-2012)
 Old 07-27-2012, 06:44 PM   #65

Not Ranked  0 score     

Originally Posted by dale_gribble View Post
Look what a difference a 20 degree in IAT reduction means! 30HP and near 30 LB/FT TORQUE.

Repost lol
JBR SSP/bushings
JBR RMM
JBR stage 2 OCC
CS test pipe

Old 07-27-2012, 07:59 PM   #66

(Thread Starter)
Not Ranked  0 score     

How is that repost? Different logs mang!
BILSTEIN - H&R SPRINGS - 18x8.5 +48 ROTA SVN - 265/35R18 HTR ZIII
MINI H1 6.0 - CAR LED TAILS

SEE MORE USING !SHOUTTAG.COM - ENTER: !6SPEED6
 Old 07-27-2012, 08:25 PM   #67
Lex
Engineered Tuning

Lex is the leader of the worldLex is the leader of the worldLex is the leader of the worldLex is the leader of the worldLex is the leader of the worldLex is the leader of the worldLex is the leader of the worldLex is the leader of the worldLex is the leader of the worldLex is the leader of the worldLex is the leader of the world
Thanked 23,352 Times in 6,956 Posts
Groans: 13
Groaned at 44 Times in 38 Posts
Not Ranked  0 score     

I used your log on an iat effect article I wrote :-)

We Engineer, and that's better than just tuning!

www.stratifiedauto.com
COBB AP and VersaTuner Custom Tuning. Guardian Angel Protection and Boost Control.

Last edited by Lex; 07-29-2012 at 12:00 PM.
Lex is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Lex For This Useful Post:
dale_gribble (07-27-2012), lilred (07-27-2012)
 Old 07-27-2012, 09:05 PM   #68

(Thread Starter)
Not Ranked  0 score     

Ah that makes sense! Great article!

Old 07-27-2012, 09:20 PM   #69

Not Ranked  0 score     

Yeah sorry could have been a little more clear
JBR SSP/bushings
JBR RMM
JBR stage 2 OCC
CS test pipe

Old 07-30-2012, 04:26 PM   #70

(Thread Starter)
Not Ranked  0 score     

I found out something very interesting today on account of Lex's astute observations. He noted that he thought my MAF airflow was a little low; he was seeing max g/s ~230-240 on my WOT pull logs; he said that he typically expects to see max g/s ~ 270-280 for my car given its operating environment. He suspected that my air filter was dirty but I just checked it and it was spotless.

I checked the PN on my MAF sensor this AM. It was a reman'd Denso unit with PN 22680AA310. I checked, and rechecked and cross referenced this PN and it was not made for my car! It was actually made for Subarus. I went to pick up an A-1 Cardone reman'd unit made for my car and installed it.

Bam. My g/s went from max 230-240 to 278 g/s max. The max MAF voltage went from ~4.25v to ~4.5v.

I am not sure how this impacts my ongoing tune; I am sure Lex will explain it to me but its probably good news.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to dale_gribble For This Useful Post:
DiGi Faggot (08-02-2012), lilred (07-30-2012), turbo test (11-25-2013)
 Old 07-30-2012, 07:35 PM   #71

(Thread Starter)
Not Ranked  0 score     

Man, the car's behavior has totally changed... I think its for the better. I think my car will be much easier to tune now.
DiGi Faggot (08-02-2012)
 Old 08-08-2012, 10:20 AM   #72

(Thread Starter)
Not Ranked  0 score     

I ordered my new plates today. I like the double-entendre.

Can be read as a 6-speed 6 or 06 Speed 6. I saw this somewhere on line from another state. If its your idea, thanks in advance.

Last edited by dale_gribble; 02-26-2015 at 05:49 PM.
xI Leveler Ix (08-08-2012)
 Old 08-15-2012, 04:08 PM   #73

(Thread Starter)
Not Ranked  0 score     

Bunch o updates to keep it in one place. Pretty close to fully bolted now - downpipe.

New catback exhaust; also got corksport resonated race pipe on.

(STOCK)

(NEW)

Sound clip of said exhaust. It's pimp.

Last edited by dale_gribble; 09-21-2015 at 03:07 PM.
eliminator (08-15-2012)
 Old 08-15-2012, 05:43 PM   #74

krazycoble is the leader of the worldkrazycoble is the leader of the worldkrazycoble is the leader of the worldkrazycoble is the leader of the worldkrazycoble is the leader of the worldkrazycoble is the leader of the worldkrazycoble is the leader of the worldkrazycoble is the leader of the worldkrazycoble is the leader of the worldkrazycoble is the leader of the worldkrazycoble is the leader of the world
Groans: 7
Groaned at 5 Times in 5 Posts
Not Ranked  0 score     

Nice wheels
 Old 08-15-2012, 08:24 PM   #75

(Thread Starter)
Not Ranked  0 score     

Originally Posted by krazycoble View Post
Nice wheels
Thanks for the hookup all those months ago. Want them back for your tenzos now?

Old 09-07-2012, 09:00 AM   #76

(Thread Starter)
Not Ranked  0 score     

I am about 99% sure my thermostat is bad. My ECTs are ~205-215 cruising down the highway and in stop and go on the highway, my temps got upwards of 230 and when I got going again the ECTs didn't go down for a long while.

This might explain why my car is always running so damn hot...
 Old 09-07-2012, 09:05 AM   #77

2.3speed06 is the leader of the world2.3speed06 is the leader of the world2.3speed06 is the leader of the world2.3speed06 is the leader of the world2.3speed06 is the leader of the world2.3speed06 is the leader of the world2.3speed06 is the leader of the world2.3speed06 is the leader of the world2.3speed06 is the leader of the world2.3speed06 is the leader of the world2.3speed06 is the leader of the world
Groaned at 4 Times in 3 Posts
Not Ranked  0 score     

Problems with the FMIC blocking the radiator now?
Cobb AP 50/50 FREEKTune/Cobb 3port EBCS/C-PE Nano Intake/C-PE TIP/C-PE TMIC/HKS SQ3 BOV/Auto Tech HPFP/M2 DP/Custom CB/Denso ITV 22's/JBR RMM/Sure SSP/Sure Shifter Bushings/Custom EGR Kit/TB&IM TIG/MD Stage2 OCC/Koni Yellow S&S/H&R LS/Stoptech Blanks/EBC Red/Techna-Fit SS Brake Lines/
2.3speed06 is offline   Reply With Quote
 Old 09-07-2012, 09:16 AM   #78

(Thread Starter)
Not Ranked  0 score     

Possibly... though its hard for me too think that the fmic leads to a 20-30 deg rise by itself... If that's the case, I might go back to top mount.

What good are reduced bats at wot if my whole engine, ambient temp and iats are 20 degrees higher? That makes it a wash...

Old 09-07-2012, 10:14 AM   #79

greg08 has a reputation beyond reputegreg08 has a reputation beyond reputegreg08 has a reputation beyond reputegreg08 has a reputation beyond reputegreg08 has a reputation beyond reputegreg08 has a reputation beyond reputegreg08 has a reputation beyond reputegreg08 has a reputation beyond reputegreg08 has a reputation beyond reputegreg08 has a reputation beyond reputegreg08 has a reputation beyond repute
Groans: 3
Groaned at 22 Times in 15 Posts
Not Ranked  0 score     

my coolant temp stays 210-220 once warmed up, its fine
greg08 is offline   Reply With Quote
 Old 09-07-2012, 10:21 AM   #80

I<3Groceries is the leader of the worldI<3Groceries is the leader of the worldI<3Groceries is the leader of the worldI<3Groceries is the leader of the worldI<3Groceries is the leader of the worldI<3Groceries is the leader of the worldI<3Groceries is the leader of the worldI<3Groceries is the leader of the worldI<3Groceries is the leader of the worldI<3Groceries is the leader of the worldI<3Groceries is the leader of the world
Thanked 1,281 Times in 633 Posts
Groans: 6
Groaned at 26 Times in 21 Posts
Not Ranked  0 score     

Mazda's revised tstat bumps operating temp to 190. I have one in my car. Before FMIC I would see up to 200 in traffic. Now, after FMIC I see up to 220 in traffic with lots of idle. Granted, this is with 100 degree plus ambient temps. I'm running 100% distilled water plus a bottle of Water Wetter.

Assuming you aren't moving much and its hot ass balls outside wherever you live, I'd say you're in the normal range for FMIC. Your coolant in decent condition?

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

Meet a giant fish. Fuck his brains out.
I<3Groceries is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to I<3Groceries For This Useful Post:
statesm (08-07-2013)