register gallery

Go Back   Mazdaspeed Forums >
MAZDASPEED SECTION
> Members Rides Gallery

Members Rides Gallery General Area For Posting Pictures, Thread Themes, Etc for your car

Welcome to Mazdaspeed Forums .

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

*When you join MSF as a registered user, there will be No Ads.

*Registered Members get access to the Off Topic Area of the Forum

*Registered Members have an opportunity to upgrade their accounts to VIP, which brings a host of goddies for supporting MSF such as Raffles, Additional Forum Access, More PM Storage, The ability to upload more Images and many other enhancements.

*Registered members also get access to the live chat box!

Bookmark and Share LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
 Old 02-28-2010, 10:01 AM   #1
Banned

The Great NY is the leader of the worldThe Great NY is the leader of the worldThe Great NY is the leader of the worldThe Great NY is the leader of the worldThe Great NY is the leader of the worldThe Great NY is the leader of the worldThe Great NY is the leader of the worldThe Great NY is the leader of the worldThe Great NY is the leader of the worldThe Great NY is the leader of the worldThe Great NY is the leader of the world
Groans: 8
Groaned at 26 Times in 15 Posts
(Thread Starter)
Not Ranked  0 score     
Default The Great NY's - 2004 Mazda 6s - Punisher 6 - Twin Turbo

i know i dont have a speed, but a couple people asked for pics of the build and etc. so i'm posting what i have. the build pics were taken with a camera phone because thru all the madness of getting the car up and running i lost my real camera, lol

MODIFICATIONS:

Engine/Drivetrain:

-Custom Twin Turbo Setup
-2 Turbonetics T3 Super 60s A/R .36
-Custom 3" Turbo Inlets
-Custom mounted Spearco Intercooler
-Raptor BOV - vta
-Custom SS 321 Piping
-Custom 3" Stainless Steel Exhaust
-Megan Racing M-GT Carbon Fiber Turbo Mufflers
-Vibrant Perfomance 3" Metal Cat & 3" Resonator
-Bosch Copper Plugs gapped @ .025
-Labonte Stage 2 Water/Meth Injection System/AEM Water Meth Injection System
-AEM Methanol Injection Monitoring System
-PowerMod Advanced Engine Management System
-Mustang Cobra 4v Ignition Coils
-EMI Suppressors added Throughout the electrical system
-Throttle Body Coolant Bypass with T-fitting delete
-Fidanza 9 lbs. Lightweight Aluminum Flywheel
-Clutchmasters FX300 Kevlar clutch
-MFactory Prototype Forged Helical LSD
-ARP Ring Gear to Differential Mounting Hardware
-Modified/Optimized EGR system modification
-AWR Lower Rear Bone Mount (95 Durometer Stiffness)
-AWR Upper Transmission Mount (88 Durometer Stiffness)
-AWR Passenger Side Head Mount (88 Durometer Stiffness)
-N2MB WOT Box with 2-step and No-lift Shift Feature
-TWM Short Throw shifter w/ hold-down modification
- 75mm optimized 3.7L retrofited TB
-Custom Lightweight Aluminum Alternator Pulley(limited run item)
-Fluidampr 10% Under-driven Crank Pulley
-Custom Oil Catch Can
-NRG Engine Grounding Kit
-NRG Chrome Hood Dampers(modified by me)
-custom under hood mirror inserts by www.underthehoodinc.com
-Rear hood weather stripping removal(for heat expelling)
-Ported Lower intake Manifold Runners
-O2simulator
-Battery Relocation to Trunk
-ETC Electronic Throttle Controller

Brakes and Suspension:

-Tein S-Tech Lowering Springs
-R1 Concepts slotted and drilled rotors (front and rear)
-Axxis High Performance Ceramic Brake Pads
-Racing Beat Front Sway Bar
-Racing Beat Rear Sway Bar
-AWR Adjustable Sway bar Endlinks
-AWR High Performance Adjustable Sway Bar Endlinks
-GT Spec 6-point ladder brace
-GT Spec Rear Trailing Arms
-Autoexe rear trunk brace
-Motul RBF 600 Racing Brake Fluid (Dry Boiling Point 593 degrees F)
-Tanabe Front Strut Brace
-Techni-Fit Blue Stainless Steel Brake Line Kit
-Techni-Fit Blue Stainless Steel Clutch Line

Exterior:

-Autoexe GG-02 Front Bumper, 2-toned w/ black accenting(not sold in the states)
-Cyber Full Rear Bumper (2-toned w/ black accenting)
-Cyber Side Skirts
-Car-LED Black Housing LED conversion tail lights(one of the first imported sets)
-four way Brake-light Modification
-Speed 6 Black Housing Headlights
-Black headlight eyelids
-Custom Flying “M” Emblems
-Debadged
-Door Guard deletion
-Custom Stainless Polished Engine Cover and Fuse Box Insert
-Blue LED headlight marker lights
-Chrysler Pacifica Stereo Antenna
-Aftermarket Sunroof w/ wind deflector
-Hyperwhite Headlight turn signals
-Fenders Rolled
-Custom Powdercoated and Airbrushed RX-8 wheels w/ Nitto NT-05 235 40 18 TIres
-Powdercoated White Lugnuts - Inverted Style

Interior:

-Full Custom Interior, Embroidering and Upholstery Done by Gillin Custom Design - www.gillincustomdesign.com
-Custom Steering Wheel Airbag
-Blue LED dome lights
-Sony CDX-M9900 cd/dvd/mp3 player head unit
-Sony CDX-757mx ten disk cd changer
-Kicker Solobaric L7 – 10” Subwoofer in custom ported box
-Kicker KX600.1 mono class D amplifier
-Blue LED door sill lights
-Alfa Otto Racing Reverse Glow White Gauge faces
-Stainless Steel Weighted Shift Knob (2 lbs) (Member Front1ine)
-Custom White Accenting throughout the interior
-Custom Center arm-rest with Flying “M”
-Lotek Tri-gauge dash pod
-Glowshift Triple Gauge A-Pillar Pod
-AEM uego wideband O2 gauge and controller
-Prosport Performance Gauges (oil press, oil temp, coolant temp, fuel press, boost/vac)
-Greddy Full Auto Black Turbo Timer
-Greddy Profec B Spec-2 Electronic Boost Controller

Future Mods :

-Clutchmasters Stage 4 Clutch
-Forged Pistons/Rods
-Ported/Polished Heads
-Blueprinted Engine
-Custom Sheet metal Intake manifold
-Direct Port Nitrous System
-Cryo Treated Transmission
-Custom Driveaxles
-Custom Traction Bars

PHOTOS:

TIMELINE AND UPDATES:

july 19th -
well, as some of you may know. i have my tranny out of my car so i can get our LSD group buy finished up. I have the Prototype and it will be installed shortly.
Anyway i started thinking. I have the subframe and and a bunch of other stuff out of the way, so why not just install the turbo kit now while i have massive amounts of room to work?
Today i started removing my MSDS headers from my car. I pulled my tranny friday evening and sent it to the shop. i was gonna install the diff myself. but i dont have the gauges needed to calculate the preload for the new diff bearings. so im letting a shop do it. the only shop in the area i trust with anything with my car.
So in the meantime. im throwing on the manifolds and turbos and y-pipe. i will do the intercooler piping and stuff once the tranny is back in because i'll need the room to put the tranny in.
Anyway as of right now......
1. ypipe is out
2. midpipe is out
3. all o2 sensors are disconnected
4. egr is disconnected
going back out to remove the rear manifold and possibly the front if i have the energy today. the front bank header is the most difficult due to space.
anyway, the time has come. time to turn a new page in Punisher 6 history. stay tuned. i will try to update with pics and shit.

teaser vid:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t9cYur6dcbY[/url]

July 20th
Ok, looks like the way the front manifold is designed i'll be having to take out the raditator and shit, so i can get access to the head and not cut myself to death or have a kink in my hand for the next two years. for one of the bolt holes for the rear manifold, i need a shorter bolt to swing it in, unless i use the old stocker studs, which i dont want to. so i'll be looking thru the nutz/boltz bin at my job tommorrow.
pre-lubed the rear turbo tonite. will be cutting my front bumper support tommorrow as well. i have to get some containers to drain my coolant into so i can get to the front manifold.
FWIW.........i cant even see how i got those damn headers on the motor without taking the radiator out. what im gonna try is see how difficult it is to pull the fans and fan shoud. if i can just pull those without it being too much of a hassle, i will have plenty of room to work the header out and manifold in.
progress......not too much was made tonight, but i did figure out, that to get the front bumper support off, almost the entire rad support and some other things come with it, if you dont disconnect a bunch of other shit, jesus, mazda couldve made this shit a lil easier, lol

July 22nd
lil update.........
tested the wastegates as i always do before installing them. and one is seized up and doesnt function properly. so i just ordered two new ones. and will have to modify the shaft and shorten them when i get them so they fit.
i just got my AWR front sway endlinks today. i should be getting my RB front sway in the next day or two, i hope. so i can mount that on the subframe while its out.
The transmission should be back to me tommorrow or friday, so while i wait on the wastegates to come, i will pop the tranny back in. and just leave the subfram out until i put the turbos in because i i have more room to work with.
tommorrow, i will be swapping out my injectors and buying my one step colder plugs. once i turn up the boost i'll go 2 step colder. i have the part numbers and etc from NGK, iirc, dave(quick performance and concepts) will more than likely be stocking these for those who go insane all motor or boost. i will also be trimming up the bumper support to make it a lil smoother and get rid of the sharp edges and mount the Intercooler.
i ran by the junkyard today and put a deposit down on the entire passenger side front hub and spindle and steering knuckle from that junkyard 6 since my wheel bearing is shot, and for some strange reaason mazda decided to stop selling the hub assemblied with the bearings(just another way to make money)
i also had a bad throwout bearing for the longest since i used the TO bearing that came with the clutch kit instead of the mazda one. so i ordered one from sheldon, and that should be here before the weekend as well.
As u can see this project is basically nickel and diming me, but for those who have built motors and done builds on your car and other peoples cars. you know thats just the nature of the beast. and i almost always plan to spend 2-300 bucks over the intitial budget, lol
i have to adjust my oil plate for the oil filter reloc kit thats on the stock place for the oil filter, becaue i test fitted the turbo and mani on the front and it hit the hot side. so it has to be turned back counterclockwise alomost a half turn. so i will remove it and spin out the thread sleeve a lil bit that goes into the block. while im there i will be swapping the oil pan for the tapped oil pan. my oil pan has never been off, so i should be good with just reusing it. if not.....ultra copper FTMFW!!!
but for now thats all i have. keep in mind i need to have all this done by no later than thursday of next week to give me a day or two to throw a base tune on it. so i can make my show on saturday August 1st, lol
its crunch time now, due to the lil issues. but i will pull overtime this weekend, luckily all i have going on this weekend is my club meet to dicuss our upcoming show!! Phew!!!! im tired, lol

July 23rd
fit tested the bumper with the Intercooler in place. have to do some minor adjustments and raise the IC about a 1/4" for it to be centered vertically. horizontally i have it dead on.
i just got my front Racing beat Sway Bar and my throwout bearing today, so the sway will get installed on the subframe tommorrow.
my tranny is due back from getting the LSD put in tommorrow as well. so in goes the TO bearing tommorrow, and i will probably put the tranny back in tommorrow as well.
im waiting on my new wastegates to show up, should be here tommorrow or saturday. once i get those, in goes the turbos.

July 25th

well intercooler is mounted. Front sway bar is installed on the subframe. didnt get the tranny in tonite like i wanted. my boy stood me up, NO HOMO.

so i'll get crackin at it tommorrow. some progress is good progress i suppose, lol

tommorrow i'll deal with the wastegates, i'll probably have to go out and get a die just for this, lol, but it has to be done.

July 27th
anyway got some small updates and a few pics. today i modified my wastegate brackets to fit more to my likeing. i totally didnt like that way it was setup. so the wqay i did it will control boost way better. i swapped out my oil pans. i have a tapped one on there now thats tapped on both sides. i used an 03 oil pan, it is the style that wasnt using the rope style oil pan seal like the newer (04-newer) mazda 6. so i used my favortie "ultra copper" this stuff has yet to fail me. i got the rear turbo and manifold fully mounted, only thing left is to hook up the down pipe and intake. i got both axles back in as well.

i still have to rotate my oil filter reloc plate to make room for the front turbo, i think i'll work on that tommorrow. i have all the tranny plugs and stuff wired back in. still have to bolt up the clutch slave, which i'll do tommorrow.

the 03 pan bottom bolt hols which attach it to the trans bell housing is a lil off. it sits about an 1/8" higher than the threads that the bolt goes thru. so im gonna oblong the holes a lil bit to reinstall those two bottom most bolts. it took me about two fucking hours to modify the wastegate rod after i did the bracket. but im happy with it. because it will control boost better than how it was setup initially.

anyway here are a couple pics:

OIL PAN:

BOTTOM OF THE MOTOR(windage tray and oil pick up):

REAR MANIFOLD AND TURBO:

sorry if the pictures arent superb, but again, i lost my real camera, so im stuck using my G1 and a droplight for the time being.

July 28th
i picked up my one step colder NGK plugs today on my lunch break, i got them delivered to a parts place near my job. im gonna be running one step colder initially to see how the car reacts. if i need to go two step colder then so be it.
well, on my way out to attempt to get this front mani and turbo in.

July 29th
UPDATE:

ok, its 12:40am........ i just go in the house from working on my car about 15-20 minutes ago, yea late night.

anyway, today wasnt all that productive, but then again it was. i spent 2 or more hours running around trying to find some fittings so i could T off of my stock oil pressure sender to feed the turbos. unfortunatly thru those 2 some odd hours, i could not locate a fitting that would fit the stock sender and the other peices as well.

what this means is that i will now be feeding my turbos from the port on my head. no worries this is safe if you were wondering. evo guys do it, and its normal, more common to use the stock oil pressure sender port, but thi is the other way to do it.

anyway, i wound up having to remove my ENTIRE front end today in order to mount the front manifold and turbo. i tried everything to get it bolted up without removing more shit. i had to remove the ac compressor, un bolt the front bumper support and undo the radiator to be able to move it forward and give me more room to work on the bolts.

anyway, i got the front mani and turbo in, so now i'll be able to do the downpipes and y-pipe tommorrow, along with some intercooler piping and shit. like i said i think the hardest part of this install was gonna be the front turbo and mani but thats done now, so it should be smooth sailing.

one thing im kinda sketchy about is my oil adatper plate, i had to turn it back to keep it from hitting the exhaust housing of the front turbo. i think its tight enough but not as tight as i like. i added some ultra copper to it, to kinda try and help it from leaking or turning back. we'll see what happens when i start the car.

anyway, heres a few pics of the front manifold and turbo:

and one more of the rear setup

its past my bedtime, lmao!!!

July 30th
well, today i put back in the subframe. i had a friend of mine come thru and take a look at my exhaust. i have a 4" gap between the turbo collectors and the rest of the exhaust. so he is gonna see what he can do about that tommorrow.

i have the lower intercooler piping on. but looks like i will be replacing the first outlet hose on the rear turbo, it gets sliding off everytime i get the clamp tight. it has some oil residue on it, so im just gonna replace it for now with whatever i can find if i cant find reinforced coupler.

both turbo intakes are on and connected, starter is back in. trans. linkage is attached. steering gear is in place. whats fucked up is the last bolt on the steering gear stopped about a 1/4" from being fully tight. i dont think i cross threaded it, but its tight as hell and i cant turn it anymore. im gonna double check it tommorrow. if its messed up, i will try to fix it while the subframe is still in the car with a tap and die. if i cant fix it that way, it will have to wait till after the show.

still have to swap steering knuckles(some may know it as the spindle or hub) i just havent gotten around to that. i think that will take about 10-15 minutes or so anyway(i hope, lol)

i have to extend the wires of the rear bank upstream o2 sensor, the bung for that one is too far for it to reach. i'll tackle that at my job tommorrow.

i finished up my oil t block in the head and made it a lil prettier today, lol.

all thats really left is fixing my exhaust and hooking back up the ball joints and sway endlinks and run the rest of the IC piping. i just hope nuthin leaks when i start the car. i have checked, double checked, and checked again the connections to everything and used teflon tape on all brass fittings.

here some pics:

TWIN FILTERS BABY:

LOWER CHARGE PIPING:

OIL FEED BLOCK:

its probably gonna be a no sleep friday tommorrow

AUG 1st
Punisher 6 is now Twin Turbo. On Her Way to a car show, just in the nick of time she is done.
new improved punisher 6 Twin'd Up and LSD'd out!!!

Aug. 3rd, 2009
swapped my stock 24lbs injectors for my new Seimens Deka 60lbs injectors - car would not idle....got it on the road, and the motor flooded with 90% fuel taken away.
reinstalled my stock injectors to make it back home.

Aug. 4th-5th, 2009
while i have my Stock injectors in, i figured why not tune with them, so we know our limits. running the stock injectors to 7-7.5psi, the car begins to go dangerously lean at 5500rpms
they flow enough for 5500rpms maxed out on their duty cycle at 7psi or so.

Aug. 6th, 2009
contact the manufacturer to send back the 60lbs injectors for the next size down which wound up being 42lbs injectors, but at our rail pressure they are more like 50's

Aug. 11th, 2009
My new 42lbs injectors arrive, so i install them to see how the car like them. and what do you know?

[youtube]7C1J3SCGaDA[/youtube]

fine tuning starts tommorrow.

Aug. 12th 2009

UPDATE:

had a brief day with the car as it started to rain shortly after i started tuning. but i will say that the injectors are working just fine in the car. it didnt stall not once. althought i do get a nice sick sounding backfire decelerating and and pulling it out of gear, lol

anyway, i got the chance to lean out the AFR a lil bit, from rich off the scale to a range of 10.4-10.7afr so yea, still rich, but managable with out breaking up in high load low speed.

on a side note i have some good news about the tuner. the MAF sensor voltage clamp works flawlessly. the first pull i did without it on, to see where our MAF finally pegged at about 4.71v so i set the clamp at 4.50v to give a lil reaction space and it works flawlessly, no freak out of the car like the first time without the MAF clamped. lol

anyway i took a short video, please bear with me as its not the best. i was alone so i did my best to stay on the boost gauge and wideband. lost grip briefly in 2nd and popped it into 3rd. all the way to redline. the boost seems to be sitting at 5psi on the gauge but the tuner map sensor is reading 6.8-7.2psi. so i may be investing in a more accurrate boost gauge sometime in the near future.

i still have to install my turbo timer and boost controller. both greddy units.(the escort lives on, lol) and install my meth and IC sprayer. i think i will set boost at about 8-9psi and leave it there till i build a block.

HERES THE VID:

[youtube]gPWOFmhBE20[/youtube]

EDIT: the power is smooth more like supercharged....the boost kicks in pretty low and seems as if its linear. feels great. these nittos hold pretty good.

I WILL KEEP THIS UPDATED AS I PROGRESS!!!!

the 2nd post was just a copy and paste from my build thread on 6 crew. some of the stuff i had to mod werent included, lik ethe y-pipe having to be cut and reworked cause it was hitting my steering rack. a bunch of other stuff, im going thru my build thread to just copy and paste the stuff since i dont feel like typing it all over, lol

the lower charge piping was modded as well, it no longer looks like the picture above

Last edited by The Great NY; 03-25-2011 at 06:43 AM. Reason: MSF Database - Automerged Doublepost
The Great NY is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to The Great NY For This Useful Post:
BoostedFC (06-20-2011), gsrtype1 (03-23-2010), Juyoung (01-05-2013), Poohster (03-27-2011), SpeedSixxx (03-27-2011), Superstretch18 (03-23-2010), TheHitman (04-17-2011)
 Old 02-28-2010, 10:06 AM   #2
Must Have Teh 10's!

superskaterxes is the leader of the worldsuperskaterxes is the leader of the worldsuperskaterxes is the leader of the worldsuperskaterxes is the leader of the worldsuperskaterxes is the leader of the worldsuperskaterxes is the leader of the worldsuperskaterxes is the leader of the worldsuperskaterxes is the leader of the worldsuperskaterxes is the leader of the worldsuperskaterxes is the leader of the worldsuperskaterxes is the leader of the world
Thanked 21,013 Times in 5,264 Posts
Groans: 101
Groaned at 138 Times in 95 Posts
Not Ranked  0 score     

guh, jealous of limitless power haha

errrrrrr cpe haha
2006 Mazdaspeed 6 GT Black Mica #4126
KILLAH Built/SPEED PERF6RMANC3 (SP) 10.6:1 Pistons ~ SP 11mm H11 Head Studs ~ K1 rods ~ SP CNC Head Work ~ Crower 65lb Valve Springs ~ Fully Keyed/Pinned Motor ~ GTX35R w/Tial .82AR Hotside ~ JMF IM w/1000cc PI Injectors ~ SP 75mm TB ~ SP In-Tank FP w/Dual DW300's ~ AEM FPR ~ SP Custom PI Fuel kit ~ CPE 4" MAF ~ CPE SAFEseals ~ TR1035 FMIC ~ CPE Atmosphere DP/Ex Manifold/Oil/Water Lines ~ Tial MV-R EWG VTA'd ~ Denso ITV-24's ~ CPE Dual CBE ~ CPE BT TIP ~ CPE RMM ~ JBR TMM ~ JBR PMM ~ TTFMM ~ CPE RDM ~ Sonic Tuning CO's ~ LED Tails ~ Sonic Tuning HID's ~ Whiteline RSB ~ ACT 6 Puck w/unicorn dust
First K04 in the 12's
First MS6 in the 11's
Certified RichTune E-Tuner
superskaterxes is offline   Reply With Quote
 Old 02-28-2010, 10:12 AM   #3
Banned

The Great NY is the leader of the worldThe Great NY is the leader of the worldThe Great NY is the leader of the worldThe Great NY is the leader of the worldThe Great NY is the leader of the worldThe Great NY is the leader of the worldThe Great NY is the leader of the worldThe Great NY is the leader of the worldThe Great NY is the leader of the worldThe Great NY is the leader of the worldThe Great NY is the leader of the world
(Thread Starter)
Not Ranked  0 score     

Originally Posted by superskaterxes View Post
guh, jealous of limitless power haha

errrrrrr cpe haha

haha, Ant, trust me im limited until i get my motor built, if i try and go past 400whp, its a crap shoot of whether the pistons will hold up. hopefully sometime this year if my cash flow promotes it. this house and renovations are my main priority right now.

yo, you coming to the All-Mazda meet in june bro?

i can wait to see ur car in person. you owe me a ride BT SPeed!!!
 Old 02-28-2010, 10:19 AM   #4
Must Have Teh 10's!

superskaterxes is the leader of the worldsuperskaterxes is the leader of the worldsuperskaterxes is the leader of the worldsuperskaterxes is the leader of the worldsuperskaterxes is the leader of the worldsuperskaterxes is the leader of the worldsuperskaterxes is the leader of the worldsuperskaterxes is the leader of the worldsuperskaterxes is the leader of the worldsuperskaterxes is the leader of the worldsuperskaterxes is the leader of the world
Not Ranked  0 score     

Originally Posted by The Great NY View Post
haha, Ant, trust me im limited until i get my motor built, if i try and go past 400whp, its a crap shoot of whether the pistons will hold up. hopefully sometime this year if my cash flow promotes it. this house and renovations are my main priority right now.

yo, you coming to the All-Mazda meet in june bro?

i can wait to see ur car in person. you owe me a ride BT SPeed!!!

lol why wouldent u do pistons and rods? i dunno if im gona make it cause im driving to CO for 6 weeks.

lmk next time u come my way and we can meet up
KILLAH Built/SPEED PERF6RMANC3 (SP) 10.6:1 Pistons ~ SP 11mm H11 Head Studs ~ K1 rods ~ SP CNC Head Work ~ Crower 65lb Valve Springs ~ Fully Keyed/Pinned Motor ~ GTX35R w/Tial .82AR Hotside ~ JMF IM w/1000cc PI Injectors ~ SP 75mm TB ~ SP In-Tank FP w/Dual DW300's ~ AEM FPR ~ SP Custom PI Fuel kit ~ CPE 4" MAF ~ CPE SAFEseals ~ TR1035 FMIC ~ CPE Atmosphere DP/Ex Manifold/Oil/Water Lines ~ Tial MV-R EWG VTA'd ~ Denso ITV-24's ~ CPE Dual CBE ~ CPE BT TIP ~ CPE RMM ~ JBR TMM ~ JBR PMM ~ TTFMM ~ CPE RDM ~ Sonic Tuning CO's ~ LED Tails ~ Sonic Tuning HID's ~ Whiteline RSB ~ ACT 6 Puck w/unicorn dust
First K04 in the 12's
First MS6 in the 11's
 Old 02-28-2010, 10:20 AM   #5
18psiWhiteMS3
Lurkers

holy shit nice, what u spend like 40 k in mods for 300 hp tho?
The Following User Says Thank You to For This Useful Post:
sellers (04-15-2010)
 Old 02-28-2010, 10:36 AM   #6
IM A SCAMMER

2010 MS3 has a brilliant future2010 MS3 has a brilliant future2010 MS3 has a brilliant future2010 MS3 has a brilliant future2010 MS3 has a brilliant future2010 MS3 has a brilliant future2010 MS3 has a brilliant future2010 MS3 has a brilliant future2010 MS3 has a brilliant future2010 MS3 has a brilliant future2010 MS3 has a brilliant future
Groans: 4
Groaned at 2 Times in 2 Posts
Not Ranked  0 score     

niice ride ...... but i agree with 18psiwhitems3
 Old 02-28-2010, 10:56 AM   #7
Must Have Teh 10's!

Not Ranked  0 score     

regardless of money, hes the only TT 6S in the WORLD. money cant buy that shit haha
First K04 in the 12's
First MS6 in the 11's
The Following User Says Thank You to superskaterxes For This Useful Post:
Juyoung (03-17-2013)
 Old 02-28-2010, 11:03 AM   #8
Banned

(Thread Starter)
Not Ranked  0 score     

Ant, I am doing the whole kit an kaboodle. Pistons rods, coating full head work and etc. The pistons I was just noting as questionable for the stock parts past 400whp.

As for how much I spent on my car for 300whp+....I don't think I'm at 40k yet...maybe hi 20's to low 30s....on everything from performance to cosmetic suspension and etc total.

As for 300whp....this is on a stock block at 6.5psi at least the dyno shown above... I haven't dynod at 10 psi....and the 6.5psi tune was with a good amount of timing pulled. So the 305whp is not the most that can be made on 6.5psi.

You are forgetting that I haven't even come close to the capability of this setup yet as I'm still on a stock bottom end. I don't have a speed so I wasn't blessed with forged internals out the box. You are forgetting that with just boost itself the setup is capable of 600+bhp with just the hard parts and the turbos are efficient to 22-25psi alone....that's not including the meth that I haven't sprayed yet and the nitrous I'll be running when I get tired of just boost.

Money for power comparison on this car is a lil bit premature considering I haven't put in my built motor yet. And the power is on a conservative tune.

I spent money on looks and speed so when you think of it...20-30k on a car with the potential of making 600-700hp when the motor is built is very good to me adding the fact that its looks aren't stock by any means. I think I'm ahead of the game minus the built motor

Hope that makes sense. You guys weren't looking at the bigger picture of what this car is capable of, only what u see in front of u at the moment, u know?

EDIT:

did some calculating, im in the mid to high 20's as far as how much i spent total on my car to date

Last edited by The Great NY; 02-28-2010 at 11:27 AM. Reason: MSF Database - Automerged Doublepost
The Following User Says Thank You to The Great NY For This Useful Post:
SpeedSixxx (03-27-2011)
 Old 02-28-2010, 12:35 PM   #9

tbot is the leader of the worldtbot is the leader of the worldtbot is the leader of the worldtbot is the leader of the worldtbot is the leader of the worldtbot is the leader of the worldtbot is the leader of the worldtbot is the leader of the worldtbot is the leader of the worldtbot is the leader of the worldtbot is the leader of the world
Thanked 6,578 Times in 1,054 Posts
Groans: 40
Groaned at 7 Times in 7 Posts
Not Ranked  0 score     

lol why wouldent u do pistons and rods? i dunno if im gona make it cause im driving to CO for 6 weeks.
Shit man, if your gunna be out here for a bit, let us know, I'm sure in that time we'll be doing something, you can meet up with us.

To the OP, holy shit!!! Bad ass! I think us speed are a little jealous of the possibility of rather easily breaking 400whp with a built motor. Regardless of the money spent, having the ONLY TT 6s in the world would completely make up for it imho. Congrats. Now i'm interested what you can do w/ a built block
| Steedspeed Top Mount Mani | Precision BB 5857 | Perm Tuning 3.5" Intake | Perm Tuning 2 Piece DP | Perm Tuning PCV Plate and Vented Catch Can | Mishimoto Catch Can | Weisco Pistons | Pauter Rods | AWR Tranny Mount | CP-e RMM | Turbinetech FMM | Turbinetech FDM | CP-e RDM | CX Racing FMIC | TWR Short Shifter | JBR SSP | AP w/ Base Map | BLOWN MOTOR |

| 1974 Nova | SBC 350 | TH350 | Weiand Team G | Edelbrock 1406 | Aluminum 4 Core Radiator | Pro Comp HEI Distributor |
tbot is offline   Reply With Quote
 Old 02-28-2010, 12:41 PM   #10
Banned

(Thread Starter)
Not Ranked  0 score     

Originally Posted by tbot View Post
Shit man, if your gunna be out here for a bit, let us know, I'm sure in that time we'll be doing something, you can meet up with us.

To the OP, holy shit!!! Bad ass! I think us speed are a little jealous of the possibility of rather easily breaking 400whp with a built motor. Regardless of the money spent, having the ONLY TT 6s in the world would completely make up for it imho. Congrats. Now i'm interested what you can do w/ a built block
thanks a bunch man. i too cant wait till im able to do my motor. i will definitely update things as progress is made
 Old 02-28-2010, 12:59 PM   #11

atenza_freak is the leader of the worldatenza_freak is the leader of the worldatenza_freak is the leader of the worldatenza_freak is the leader of the worldatenza_freak is the leader of the worldatenza_freak is the leader of the worldatenza_freak is the leader of the worldatenza_freak is the leader of the worldatenza_freak is the leader of the worldatenza_freak is the leader of the worldatenza_freak is the leader of the world
Groaned at 23 Times in 12 Posts
Not Ranked  0 score     

ughhh amazing
 Old 02-28-2010, 04:13 PM   #12
Banned

(Thread Starter)
Not Ranked  0 score     

Originally Posted by atenza_freak View Post
ughhh amazing
thanks man
 Old 03-06-2010, 05:00 PM   #13
Banned

(Thread Starter)
Not Ranked  0 score     

FUCKING 55 DEGREES........damn its nice out, snapped a couple new pics, nuthin crazy

i need to get some professional shots of my car taken with some nice backdrops and etc. im not that good a picture taker. point and shoot, lol
gsrtype1 (03-23-2010)
 Old 03-18-2010, 06:24 AM   #14
Banned

(Thread Starter)
Not Ranked  0 score     

did a lil mini photoshoot last week.figured i'd post up the pics

also,

UPDATE:

was getting a bit of flutter from the BOV the last couple weeks on slight blip acceleration and a lil whistling on decel using the the engine for braking. first thing i thought was BOV, so i pulled my bumper off today and adjusted my BOV tension and made sure that both mounting bolts were tight. all good. whistling and flutter in now gone.

also, while i was looking thru some spare parts today i had sitting at my moms house, i came across some remains of my turbo escort. i've been slowly tidying up my engine bay for the new season, and i have a lot, i mean a lot of vacuum lines running all about the engine bay. i hid them as good as possible of course, but upon my find today, i think i have a better route by way of my escorts blessing

what you see above are 2 vacuum blocks that i took off my escort after i wrecked it. didnt even remember keeping it. but glad i did. basically what im gonna do is make a nice mounting bracket and condense all my vac/boost lines to these blocks. this will make the routing neater and have them all in one junctioned location intead of all over.

Escort lives on, lol
gsrtype1 (03-23-2010)
 Old 03-23-2010, 08:11 AM   #15

rey_06 is a splendid one to beholdrey_06 is a splendid one to beholdrey_06 is a splendid one to beholdrey_06 is a splendid one to beholdrey_06 is a splendid one to beholdrey_06 is a splendid one to behold
Groans: 0
Groaned at 0 Times in 0 Posts
Not Ranked  0 score     

but can it fly?... is truly nasty tho
rey_06 is offline   Reply With Quote
 Old 03-23-2010, 08:28 AM   #16

gsrtype1 is the leader of the worldgsrtype1 is the leader of the worldgsrtype1 is the leader of the worldgsrtype1 is the leader of the worldgsrtype1 is the leader of the worldgsrtype1 is the leader of the worldgsrtype1 is the leader of the worldgsrtype1 is the leader of the worldgsrtype1 is the leader of the worldgsrtype1 is the leader of the worldgsrtype1 is the leader of the world
Thanked 2,678 Times in 712 Posts
Groans: 102
Groaned at 232 Times in 155 Posts
Not Ranked  0 score     

Very nice dude! The only thing im not diggen is the glossy dash.
 Old 03-23-2010, 10:31 AM   #17
Banned

(Thread Starter)
Not Ranked  0 score     

Originally Posted by rey_06 View Post
but can it fly?... is truly nasty tho

thanks man, greatly appreciated. as for it flying. shit if it did, id be at every mazda meet across the globe. but it doesnt, so i typically stay within 13hours drive, lol

Originally Posted by gsrtype1 View Post
Very nice dude! The only thing im not diggen is the glossy dash.

thanks man. yea the dash is hit or miss, love it or hate it type of thing. i like the gloss personally. look sick at shows. with my blues lights and the sun shining off of it. its hot in person. but your opinion is 100% appreciated.

some people said i shouldve gone a matte black, but im not sure i wouldve liked that.
 Old 03-23-2010, 12:24 PM   #18

tbot is the leader of the worldtbot is the leader of the worldtbot is the leader of the worldtbot is the leader of the worldtbot is the leader of the worldtbot is the leader of the worldtbot is the leader of the worldtbot is the leader of the worldtbot is the leader of the worldtbot is the leader of the worldtbot is the leader of the world
Thanked 6,578 Times in 1,054 Posts
Groans: 40
Groaned at 7 Times in 7 Posts
Not Ranked  0 score     

Who needs eco-boost when you got this
| Steedspeed Top Mount Mani | Precision BB 5857 | Perm Tuning 3.5" Intake | Perm Tuning 2 Piece DP | Perm Tuning PCV Plate and Vented Catch Can | Mishimoto Catch Can | Weisco Pistons | Pauter Rods | AWR Tranny Mount | CP-e RMM | Turbinetech FMM | Turbinetech FDM | CP-e RDM | CX Racing FMIC | TWR Short Shifter | JBR SSP | AP w/ Base Map | BLOWN MOTOR |

| 1974 Nova | SBC 350 | TH350 | Weiand Team G | Edelbrock 1406 | Aluminum 4 Core Radiator | Pro Comp HEI Distributor |
tbot is offline   Reply With Quote
 Old 03-23-2010, 12:29 PM   #19

gsrtype1 is the leader of the worldgsrtype1 is the leader of the worldgsrtype1 is the leader of the worldgsrtype1 is the leader of the worldgsrtype1 is the leader of the worldgsrtype1 is the leader of the worldgsrtype1 is the leader of the worldgsrtype1 is the leader of the worldgsrtype1 is the leader of the worldgsrtype1 is the leader of the worldgsrtype1 is the leader of the world
Not Ranked  0 score     

Originally Posted by The Great NY View Post
thanks man. yea the dash is hit or miss, love it or hate it type of thing. i like the gloss personally. look sick at shows. with my blues lights and the sun shining off of it. its hot in person. but your opinion is 100% appreciated.

some people said i shouldve gone a matte black, but im not sure i wouldve liked that.
True in person the gloss dash may look better and at a car shows with the lights.
 Old 03-23-2010, 01:06 PM   #20
Banned

(Thread Starter)
Not Ranked  0 score     

haha, that SHO is still looking mighty tempting as a daily, that or the 2011 stang
 Old 03-23-2010, 07:59 PM   #21

Not Ranked  0 score     

regardless of money, hes the only TT 6S in the WORLD. money cant buy that shit haha
NO shit! man this guy is on 300wp stock internals and is the most original 6 in the world. I got to thinken he should be receiving mad love form us... people pay BIG for originality and we have among us a gem! I love the punisher moive theme as well! anything Charles bronson or vigilante is da shit!
 Old 03-23-2010, 08:15 PM   #22
Banned

(Thread Starter)
Not Ranked  0 score     

Originally Posted by gsrtype1 View Post
NO shit! man this guy is on 300wp stock internals and is the most original 6 in the world. I got to thinken he should be receiving mad love form us... people pay BIG for originality and we have among us a gem! I love the punisher moive theme as well! anything Charles bronson or vigilante is da shit!

thanks man, your post is greatly appreciated. although i dont expect everyone to show luv just cause its different. however i do appreciate any at all. and i mean that.
 Old 03-24-2010, 09:42 PM   #23

Funkster777 is the leader of the worldFunkster777 is the leader of the worldFunkster777 is the leader of the worldFunkster777 is the leader of the worldFunkster777 is the leader of the worldFunkster777 is the leader of the worldFunkster777 is the leader of the worldFunkster777 is the leader of the worldFunkster777 is the leader of the worldFunkster777 is the leader of the worldFunkster777 is the leader of the world
Groans: 3
Groaned at 3 Times in 3 Posts
Not Ranked  0 score     

Great set up. The tone looks really nice. I like the interior.

2006 Black Mica Mazdaspeed6 Sport

Originally fixed by IL NATOR. Rear Diff, TC, & PS cooler replaced due to MI NATOR. Rebuilding a MS6 one part at a time.

Performance: GTX3076r~Molnar rods~Wiseco pistons~Grimm EBCS~3-bar MAP~Autotech Internals~HTP 3.5" intake~GFB BPV~TR8 intercooler w/2.5" piping~Cobb AP v3~Freak Tune in progress (need to quit breaking things)~eBay catless DP~CS CBE~JBR RMM~ACT HD 6 puck sprung w/prolite~JBR SSP & weight~TWM Stage 2 SS w/BB & boot~Maisonvi Shift Knob~AE Tower Strut Bar~Rear Interior Brace~CP-e Rear Diff mount~Replacement Rear Diff & TC, MD PS cooler, CS Front & Rear Sway Bar~H&R Springs~Bilstein HD shocks~SS brake lines~FI Grounding Kit~EBC Yellows~Potenza RE970AS
Exterior: 6000k HIDs low beams~8000k HIDs fog lights~Luminics Ultra White Bulb high beams~HD lip~Speedline Emblemless Grill~Blacked out rear emblems~Smoked Rear & Side Markers with LEDs~15% back & windshield top tint~35% front~Sharkfin Antenna~Tower II LEDs for parking lights~CAR-LED tails
Interior: UV & purple LEDs~Blackvue DR400G-HD~Escort Redline up high w/mute~NeoPro Link iPod Connection~ProSport Premium Boost Gauge w/Vent Dual gauge pod
Waiting to Install/ Buy: SS clutch, oil pressure gauge, CP-e EWG setup/ Wheels (likely)?, Summer tires?, EVO Brembos?, Meth setup-5/6th port?

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Funkster777 is offline   Reply With Quote
 Old 04-15-2010, 06:09 AM   #24
Banned

(Thread Starter)
Not Ranked  0 score     

thanks man, much appreciated
BUNGEEZZ (04-15-2010)
 Old 04-15-2010, 07:00 AM   #25

BUNGEEZZ is the leader of the worldBUNGEEZZ is the leader of the worldBUNGEEZZ is the leader of the worldBUNGEEZZ is the leader of the worldBUNGEEZZ is the leader of the worldBUNGEEZZ is the leader of the worldBUNGEEZZ is the leader of the worldBUNGEEZZ is the leader of the worldBUNGEEZZ is the leader of the worldBUNGEEZZ is the leader of the worldBUNGEEZZ is the leader of the world
Groans: 7
Groaned at 49 Times in 36 Posts
Not Ranked  0 score     

TUFFF!!!!!!
Gt3076, 19psi. CPE dp (catless), Dnp Mani 38-EWG, CorkSport Dual CB, CPE BIG MAF SRI, Big Turbo Inlet, CPE Fuel Pump, HKS SSQ Black out edition, Ported stock intake Mani, Intake mani spacer (PT), 2 step colder plugs, FMIC Custom 3.5 inch core, Meth (PT), OCC, BSD, TTFMM, CPE Rear Diff, CPE engine Mount, H&R Springs, Whiteline Rear Sway Bar, Stage 1 short shifter kit Base+bushings, Rotora Break Rotors All 4 (Slotted), Techna fit Brake Lines, Ebc red Stuff pads All 4, Enkei PF01 18's Wrapped in 245/40/18 Falkanzzzz ... Stock clutch until i get some funds.

I HAZ THE FASTEZ CAR ALIVE!!!!!!!!!!!! REDBULL FTW
BUNGEEZZ is offline   Reply With Quote
 Old 04-15-2010, 07:17 AM   #26

johnnyspeed6 is the leader of the worldjohnnyspeed6 is the leader of the worldjohnnyspeed6 is the leader of the worldjohnnyspeed6 is the leader of the worldjohnnyspeed6 is the leader of the worldjohnnyspeed6 is the leader of the worldjohnnyspeed6 is the leader of the worldjohnnyspeed6 is the leader of the worldjohnnyspeed6 is the leader of the worldjohnnyspeed6 is the leader of the worldjohnnyspeed6 is the leader of the world
Groans: 11
Groaned at 16 Times in 14 Posts
Not Ranked  0 score     

sweet car .. take off the body kit and that car would be extra sweet ..
 Old 04-15-2010, 10:17 AM   #27
Banned

(Thread Starter)
Not Ranked  0 score     

Originally Posted by BUNGEEZZ View Post
TUFFF!!!!!!
Originally Posted by johnnyspeed6 View Post
sweet car .. take off the body kit and that car would be extra sweet ..

thanks guys
 Old 04-26-2010, 11:28 AM   #28
Banned

(Thread Starter)
Not Ranked  0 score     

Well a week or so ago, i got a PM on another car forum i am on from a local SRT-4 owner. anyway he said he just did a motor on a 6 and that the motor he pulled ran, but the cats were clogged and thus the it had a lot of blow by. i instantly though, must be the rings. but if it was running its a usable rebuild motor.

the guy said the motor didnt have a core so he just wanted to get rid of it and said i was the only person he knew of that could get some use out of it. so i asked how much he want for it.

We agreed on $200..........full motor, clutch, flywheel, upper and lower intake mani, injectors, coils, and whole harness, throttle body and etc.

so my motor build can officially get under way. here's some pics:

i will be tearing down this entire motor down to nuthin, and i will make a FULL how-to on each component as i go if a can remember to take pics, and write down bolt sizes and etc, lol

BIG BOOST HERE IS COME!!!!!!!!!!

a lil background of some of the stuff i have planned

it will be forged everything, fully worked heads, probably a Cryo treated Block, midblock, and heads. cyro'd crank (although the crank has be tested to 1200hp(already forged), knife-edged, clevite77 bearings, ALL ARP fasteners, metal head gasket again. new oil pump, water pump and other new parts, compression will be 9:1 just like i ran on my escort. im gonna try to bore it out to a 3.2L maybe more if there is enough material on the cylinders to not compromise strength(not sure yet on how much i can go),
the 3.2L is wishful thinking. That why was like I'm gonna try to go that far. I won't know until I at least get the heads off and take a look at the primary thickness of the sleeves. Then I'm gonna do some back door research on the actual sleeves.

I'm in contact with a couple noble guys that built their motors(noble m400 supercar use a forged version of our V6) and we have been brainstorming back and forth for a while now. There are guys with the noble putting down well over 800hp with the duratec so the motor is very capable if built right.

That list is what I really 100% want done to my motor. Once I tear it down and look at everything and plain site and do some measuring with my micrometer. Shit some of the stuff may not even be possible.

I may be "overbuilding" the motor, but its for good reason, my ultimate goal is 600-700bhp so I want the motor to be able to handle it. And have the least amount of restrictions in making power. 9:1 compression is 100% what I am going with for compression. I don't wanna lose too much off boost power and I 9:1 is a good comp ratio for the the level of boost ill be running. 20-25psi. Over that I would have dropped to 8 something.

I'm getting every hard part cryotreated. I have been really facinated with cryo technoology as of late and its so cheap to do. Its worth a try. Increased strength and decreased friction. I don't really see a con to the process.

And I aslo will be getting in touch with swain tech in NY for some coating advice and do that too. I want this motor to be able to take whatever I throw at and like it, lol. I've accepted the fact that'l ill be replacing a ouple trannies while I'm at it. But that's a given. Lol.

My axles will be cryo treated as well...stock axles...I am impressed with the axles mazda gave me from the factory. Well over a year of running bootles and even boosted the axles are holding up just fine. The passenger side axle just started making noise a few weeks ago.

But we shall see
SpeedSixxx (03-27-2011)
 Old 06-28-2010, 01:46 PM   #29
Banned

(Thread Starter)
Not Ranked  0 score     

new pics:

now sponsored by Prosport

some may know from my FB that i made readers rides in Performance Auto and Sound magazine for june. im really wanting a full feature someday in a big mag. but im starting to think the only cars made by mazda that are good enough to be in a mag is an rx7. bah, whatever. not taking nuthin from the RX7 its an outstanding car, but i havent found a copy of the actual mag yet in my area. Mike(mazdamulisha) is holding his for me if i cant get one. but i took screenshots of the online version and put the two together so its one image.

still gonna keep working at a feature. maybe the raised boost will help. lol. maybe possibly be the photos as all i have is a point and shoot so im gonna look at possibly getting some professional shots done of the 6
 Old 07-01-2010, 03:57 PM   #30

thejackel16 has much to be proud ofthejackel16 has much to be proud ofthejackel16 has much to be proud ofthejackel16 has much to be proud ofthejackel16 has much to be proud ofthejackel16 has much to be proud ofthejackel16 has much to be proud ofthejackel16 has much to be proud ofthejackel16 has much to be proud ofthejackel16 has much to be proud of
Groans: 1
Not Ranked  0 score     

wicked cool man!
look forward to following the rest of the build.
thejackel16 is offline   Reply With Quote
 Old 07-03-2010, 09:34 PM   #31
Banned

(Thread Starter)
Not Ranked  0 score     

thanks man greatly appreciated.
 Old 07-04-2010, 06:56 AM   #32

MS6_Auburn_Fan is the leader of the worldMS6_Auburn_Fan is the leader of the worldMS6_Auburn_Fan is the leader of the worldMS6_Auburn_Fan is the leader of the worldMS6_Auburn_Fan is the leader of the worldMS6_Auburn_Fan is the leader of the worldMS6_Auburn_Fan is the leader of the worldMS6_Auburn_Fan is the leader of the worldMS6_Auburn_Fan is the leader of the worldMS6_Auburn_Fan is the leader of the worldMS6_Auburn_Fan is the leader of the world
Groans: 16
Not Ranked  0 score     

Do you have anything planned to replace that plastic intake manifold? That thing looks like a headache waiting to happen.
MS6_Auburn_Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
 Old 07-04-2010, 07:31 AM   #33

Stealth01 is the leader of the worldStealth01 is the leader of the worldStealth01 is the leader of the worldStealth01 is the leader of the worldStealth01 is the leader of the worldStealth01 is the leader of the worldStealth01 is the leader of the worldStealth01 is the leader of the worldStealth01 is the leader of the worldStealth01 is the leader of the worldStealth01 is the leader of the world
Thanked 10,066 Times in 3,206 Posts
Groans: 201
Groaned at 164 Times in 103 Posts
Not Ranked  0 score     

Man, I remember back in the 6club days when this build first came up. I never thought you would make it this far. Truly an amazing car, dude. If I ever get back to upstate NY (family there), I'll try to swing by and see it.

So many naysayers, and you proved them wrong. WIsh I could throw $20k at the MS6. Hell, I wish I could throw $5k at it. It would have just about everything I need.

SUPERB!

SURE Full3 Aeros ID300 | SURE Shortcut | SURE Countershift | SURE Anchors | SURE AGS Atom Shift Knob | SURE Torque R6 RMM | SURE Ventus in Hybrid Mode | SURE Dreadnaught | SURE Juggernaught | SURE Flow M6 TP | SURE Charge Tubes | SURE Return | SURE S6 Side Motor Mounts | SURE Breather Line | Hawk HPS F/R Brake Pads | StopTech F/R Rotors | Technafit SS BL | Technafit SS Clutch Line | Primewell PZ900 Tires (blech) | Red LED Dome & Door Lights | O-series Stubby Antenna | Cobb AP | ACT 6 Puck Clutch w/Prolite FW | Autolite XP Plugs (One Step Colder) | Whistler Pro-78SE Hard-wired | STRATIFIED Tuned by Lex | COMING SOON: Autotechs | SURE TIG

Read my stories: https://www.smashwords.com/books/view/55318
Stealth01 is offline   Reply With Quote
 Old 07-04-2010, 07:44 PM   #34
Banned

(Thread Starter)
Not Ranked  0 score     

Originally Posted by MS6_Auburn_Fan View Post
Do you have anything planned to replace that plastic intake manifold? That thing looks like a headache waiting to happen.

i have a couple different ideas for a custom manifold i'll be working on. but i have to decide which route i wanna go. im leaning towards doing a full custom Twin throttle body intake mani setup. but not 100% sure if i will do it that way or just do a sick single tb setup.

im actually about to do some testing with the V6 throttle body drivers to see if it can indeed control two throttle bodies without throwing any CEL's or overloading the circuit. we shall see.

but a lil side info.....

im in touch with a few heavy hitter noble guys and they are and have run their plastic intake manifolds (almost identical to mine) past 18-20psi and havent had any issues. but we'll see what happens. once im done building my motor i will test the "ultimate" limits of the V6 stock block. many had believed that the V6 couldnt take much more than 5-6psi. looks like i shattered that myth since im running a very strong 12psi on two decently sized turbos.

i will keep everyone whos interested updated on where i take this.

Originally Posted by Stealth01 View Post
Man, I remember back in the 6club days when this build first came up. I never thought you would make it this far. Truly an amazing car, dude. If I ever get back to upstate NY (family there), I'll try to swing by and see it.

So many naysayers, and you proved them wrong. WIsh I could throw $20k at the MS6. Hell, I wish I could throw $5k at it. It would have just about everything I need.

SUPERB!

yea man, been a bit of a long road. still not anywhere near its max potential, but there were a lot of non believers, and still a lot of haters. but in the end im gonna keep pushing the envelope. thanks for the kind words and interest in my build. its greatly appreciated.

if your ever back up this way , shoot me a pm or something so we can link up. always look forward to meeting other members.
 Old 03-09-2011, 05:13 AM   #35
Banned

(Thread Starter)
Not Ranked  0 score     

For those following my build and are interested. My built motor transplant is right around the corner.

More to come. Thanks for watching

Sent from my HTC Vision using Tapatalk
 Old 03-20-2011, 05:44 PM   #36
Banned

(Thread Starter)
Not Ranked  0 score     

The First V6 Mazda 6 Ported Intake Manifold (dont mind the ashyness of the plastic, lol. thats what happens when you sand plastic, haha) got a lil more sanding to do, but here it is

MAIN INLET:

The mani inlet is the hardest part. our manifold has cavities built into it for resonance and some other stuff. so it was a pain getting in there and making it look decent. here is one od the channels im talking about....

INDIVIDUAL RUNNERS:

The Measurements are as follows.

STOCK MANIFOLD:
Main Inlet(largest diameter portion) - 65mm
Main Inlet(smallest diameter portion) - approximately 63mm
Individual Runners - 58.8mm x 28.4mm (+/- .2mm)

MY PORTED MANIFOLD:
Main Inlet(largest diameter portion) - 70.2mm
Main Inlet(smallest diameter portion) - approximately 66mm
Individual Runners - 62.4mm x 30mm (+/- .2mm)

as you can see from the numbers, i opened this bay boy up quite a bit. i havent installed it on the 6 yet, but will over the next month once i start throwing on mods i have had lying around, lol. it should give the 6 some crazy flow increase. cant wait till i finish up my piping reroute.

what you guys think? its not perfect by anymeans as its all done by hand and eye with a dremel, but i think it looks pretty good.

EDIT: oh for comparison here is what the manifold looks like stock....

Old 03-21-2011, 10:27 AM   #37

Speed13 is the leader of the worldSpeed13 is the leader of the worldSpeed13 is the leader of the worldSpeed13 is the leader of the worldSpeed13 is the leader of the worldSpeed13 is the leader of the worldSpeed13 is the leader of the worldSpeed13 is the leader of the worldSpeed13 is the leader of the worldSpeed13 is the leader of the worldSpeed13 is the leader of the world
Groans: 4
Groaned at 5 Times in 4 Posts
Not Ranked  0 score     

Truly a work of art. Thing looks very good and probably one of the most unique 6's out there

2008 Mazdaspeed3 Black Mica GT~55k miles

NATOR PA IS NUMERO UNO
Speed13 is offline   Reply With Quote
 Old 03-21-2011, 11:09 AM   #38
Banned

(Thread Starter)
Not Ranked  0 score     

Originally Posted by Speed13 View Post
Truly a work of art. Thing looks very good and probably one of the most unique 6's out there
Thanks man. Much appreciated.

Old 03-21-2011, 12:21 PM   #39

SIXual Panda is the leader of the worldSIXual Panda is the leader of the worldSIXual Panda is the leader of the worldSIXual Panda is the leader of the worldSIXual Panda is the leader of the worldSIXual Panda is the leader of the worldSIXual Panda is the leader of the worldSIXual Panda is the leader of the worldSIXual Panda is the leader of the worldSIXual Panda is the leader of the worldSIXual Panda is the leader of the world
Thanked 1,950 Times in 867 Posts
Groans: 56
Groaned at 13 Times in 11 Posts
Not Ranked  0 score     

dang. i have seen this thing lurking around on forums, ive seen some pictures of it and everything, but this is the first "build thread" that i have seen for it. shit is sick man. that is beyond a hobby dude.. that is heart. keep it up!
Fully built, Ported everything, GTX3582r, Port Injection, Twin disk clutch, 2-piece Driveshaft.... still slow.

The Daily Bitch: 2003 Mazda Protege5 with infinity miles on it

SIXual Panda is offline   Reply With Quote
 Old 03-21-2011, 12:33 PM   #40
Banned

(Thread Starter)
Not Ranked  0 score     

Originally Posted by SIXual Panda View Post
dang. i have seen this thing lurking around on forums, ive seen some pictures of it and everything, but this is the first "build thread" that i have seen for it. shit is sick man. that is beyond a hobby dude.. that is heart. keep it up!
Thanks man...appreciate you taking an interest in the build. I love what I do so its easy for me to keep going with it. Again thanks.