register gallery

Go Back   Mazdaspeed Forums > Mazdaspeed Forums Approved Vendors >
Mazda Performance Parts & Modifications Vendor Area
> Cobb Tuning >
Cobb ATR Support

Welcome to Mazdaspeed Forums .

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

*When you join MSF as a registered user, there will be No Ads.

*Registered Members get access to the Off Topic Area of the Forum

*Registered Members have an opportunity to upgrade their accounts to VIP, which brings a host of goddies for supporting MSF such as Raffles, Additional Forum Access, More PM Storage, The ability to upload more Images and many other enhancements.

*Registered members also get access to the live chat box!
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By dougefresh_

Bookmark and Share LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
 Old 04-13-2011, 04:29 AM   #1

mazdaspeed joel has a reputation beyond reputemazdaspeed joel has a reputation beyond reputemazdaspeed joel has a reputation beyond reputemazdaspeed joel has a reputation beyond reputemazdaspeed joel has a reputation beyond reputemazdaspeed joel has a reputation beyond reputemazdaspeed joel has a reputation beyond reputemazdaspeed joel has a reputation beyond reputemazdaspeed joel has a reputation beyond reputemazdaspeed joel has a reputation beyond reputemazdaspeed joel has a reputation beyond repute
Groans: 2
Groaned at 1 Time in 1 Post
(Thread Starter)
Not Ranked  0 score     
Default Datalogs after MAF Cal

Just finished up doing a maf cal, just seeing if everything is running fine. Logs were taking in 3rd-4th gear.
Attached Files
File Type: csv datalog1.csv (2.3 KB, 41 views)
File Type: csv datalog2.csv (2.5 KB, 14 views)
mazdaspeed joel is offline   Reply With Quote
 Old 04-13-2011, 07:04 AM   #2

rfinkle2 is the leader of the worldrfinkle2 is the leader of the worldrfinkle2 is the leader of the worldrfinkle2 is the leader of the worldrfinkle2 is the leader of the worldrfinkle2 is the leader of the worldrfinkle2 is the leader of the worldrfinkle2 is the leader of the worldrfinkle2 is the leader of the worldrfinkle2 is the leader of the worldrfinkle2 is the leader of the world
Thanked 33,219 Times in 10,050 Posts
Groans: 298
Groaned at 292 Times in 196 Posts
Not Ranked  0 score     

Your AFR's are @ least a point high as far as what is considered safe for under boost wot operation.

What AFR's are you commanding @ WOT?

You may need to adjust the higher maf v portion of your maf curve this way:

From the atr helpfile:
This comparison only relates if you have an intake system that is other than stock; if your dictated A/F is 11.0 and you measure 12.0 in the exhaust stream, then you will want to add (+) grams/sec for the MAF voltage that corresponds for that RPM and load point. The specific adjustment for the above situation should be multiplying the corresponding MAF flow grams/sec by 1.0909 = 12/11. You should be measuring very close to the same Lambda (A/F Ratio) in your exhaust stream that you have dictated in your Fuel OL/WOT Commanded EQ (No Knock) table. Your trim values will always adjust back and forth (+/-); let them, that is what they are supposed to do. You should not have to modify the MAF Calibration table if you have a stock vehicle. We highly suggest you do not spend excessive time tuning your MAF Calibration table just so the A/F output matches exactly what is dictated in the Primary Fuel table. You will chase your tail getting it spot on&#8230then you will fill up at a different gas station that will have a different quality fuel and the targets may be slightly
off.

Have you had an opportunity to read this thread?
http://www.mazdaspeedforums.org/foru...tml#post804590

Last edited by rfinkle2; 04-13-2011 at 08:11 AM.
rfinkle2 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to rfinkle2 For This Useful Post:
dougefresh_ (04-20-2011), skeeter149 (05-29-2011)
 Old 04-13-2011, 08:13 AM   #3

AZSPEED3 is the leader of the worldAZSPEED3 is the leader of the worldAZSPEED3 is the leader of the worldAZSPEED3 is the leader of the worldAZSPEED3 is the leader of the worldAZSPEED3 is the leader of the worldAZSPEED3 is the leader of the worldAZSPEED3 is the leader of the worldAZSPEED3 is the leader of the worldAZSPEED3 is the leader of the worldAZSPEED3 is the leader of the world
Thanked 1,006 Times in 656 Posts
Groans: 65
Not Ranked  0 score     

Your FP drops very low on both logs, you will need a FP pump/internals.
AZSPEED3 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to AZSPEED3 For This Useful Post:
dougefresh_ (04-20-2011), rfinkle2 (04-13-2011)
 Old 04-13-2011, 11:11 AM   #4

mazdaspeed joel has a reputation beyond reputemazdaspeed joel has a reputation beyond reputemazdaspeed joel has a reputation beyond reputemazdaspeed joel has a reputation beyond reputemazdaspeed joel has a reputation beyond reputemazdaspeed joel has a reputation beyond reputemazdaspeed joel has a reputation beyond reputemazdaspeed joel has a reputation beyond reputemazdaspeed joel has a reputation beyond reputemazdaspeed joel has a reputation beyond reputemazdaspeed joel has a reputation beyond repute
(Thread Starter)
Not Ranked  0 score     

I'm new to all of this, so I'll read some more, I'll be ordering kmd internals soon as well.
The Following User Says Thank You to mazdaspeed joel For This Useful Post:
rfinkle2 (04-14-2011)
 Old 04-13-2011, 11:29 AM   #5

rfinkle2 is the leader of the worldrfinkle2 is the leader of the worldrfinkle2 is the leader of the worldrfinkle2 is the leader of the worldrfinkle2 is the leader of the worldrfinkle2 is the leader of the worldrfinkle2 is the leader of the worldrfinkle2 is the leader of the worldrfinkle2 is the leader of the worldrfinkle2 is the leader of the worldrfinkle2 is the leader of the world
Not Ranked  0 score     

Originally Posted by mazdaspeed joel View Post
I'm new to all of this, so I'll read some more, I'll be ordering kmd internals soon as well.
That is OK Joel (being new).

That being said, most people consider high 11's (e.g. 11.6-11.8) safe under high boost wot conditions and your afr is around 13 in those same conditions.

It could be that your target afr's are a bit high in your wot maps, or that your maf calibration is a bit off in the higher g/s range.
 Old 04-13-2011, 09:41 PM   #6

(Thread Starter)
Not Ranked  0 score     

I just changed my intake and inlet, I'm going to try another maf cal after 50 miles.

If post the log of the maf cal, can someone help me out?
 Old 04-14-2011, 06:57 AM   #7

Not Ranked  0 score     

I just changed my intake and inlet, I'm going to try another maf cal after 50 miles.

If post the log of the maf cal, can someone help me out?
Hell yeah.

Subbed.

Don't mind helping, but THE definitive maf calc thread courtesy of @dougefresh_

HOW TO CALIBRATE YOUR MAF! With An Example
The Following User Says Thank You to rfinkle2 For This Useful Post:
dougefresh_ (04-20-2011)
 Old 04-14-2011, 11:38 PM   #8

(Thread Starter)
Not Ranked  0 score     

I tried doing the one myself the first time and I failed, lol.

Took 6 data logs this time.
Attached Files
File Type: csv datalog3.csv (3.2 KB, 9 views)
File Type: csv datalog4.csv (2.9 KB, 2 views)
File Type: csv datalog5.csv (3.3 KB, 3 views)
File Type: csv datalog6.csv (2.8 KB, 0 views)
File Type: csv datalog7.csv (2.9 KB, 1 views)
File Type: csv datalog8.csv (2.6 KB, 0 views)
 Old 04-15-2011, 07:20 AM   #9

Not Ranked  0 score     

@mazdaspeed joel ...

I think you can make some adjustments, and get really close to where you want to be.

If you multiply your maf g/s from 18-30 by .97, your maf g/s from 30-77 by .96, that will be a great start.

I hate to say it, but after making those changes, you may want to get some additional data by cutting your logged values down to maf volts, maf g/s, and LTFT. That will give you more data points to work with.

Next time, maybe after gradually accelerating up to around 100 g/s, let your car come down to idle for about 5 seconds, and then step on the pedal up to about 30 g/s and stop the log.

After that, we can tweak it to its final state.
The Following User Says Thank You to rfinkle2 For This Useful Post:
dougefresh_ (04-20-2011)
 Old 04-15-2011, 05:24 PM   #10

Not Ranked  0 score     

How did you make out @mazdaspeed joel ?
 Old 04-15-2011, 10:47 PM   #11

(Thread Starter)
Not Ranked  0 score     

still never made the map, just got out of work
 Old 04-19-2011, 09:02 PM   #12

(Thread Starter)
Not Ranked  0 score     

Here's the new datalog, from 4th-5th gear
Attached Files
File Type: csv datalog1.csv (3.5 KB, 9 views)
rfinkle2 (04-20-2011)
 Old 04-20-2011, 07:03 AM   #13

Not Ranked  0 score     

Your trims look better. What afr are you targeting?

Also , your pump is a little weak in places.

I'm not 100% sure about gen1 specs, but I know the recommended min fp for gen2 is 1400.00.
 Old 04-20-2011, 10:22 AM   #14

(Thread Starter)
Not Ranked  0 score     

Afrs are in the low 11's, I tried ordering kmd internals but I have to wait till early may because theyre on back order
 Old 04-20-2011, 10:25 AM   #15

Not Ranked  0 score     

Afrs are in the low 11's, I tried ordering kmd internals but I have to wait till early may because theyre on back order

If you are OK with the tune's power (until you get your fuel pump), and you take another maf batch, we can make sure that your maf calc is dead on in closed loop. It is up to you.
 Old 04-20-2011, 10:43 AM   #16

dougefresh_ is the leader of the worlddougefresh_ is the leader of the worlddougefresh_ is the leader of the worlddougefresh_ is the leader of the worlddougefresh_ is the leader of the worlddougefresh_ is the leader of the worlddougefresh_ is the leader of the worlddougefresh_ is the leader of the worlddougefresh_ is the leader of the worlddougefresh_ is the leader of the worlddougefresh_ is the leader of the world
Thanked 6,364 Times in 2,335 Posts
Groans: 25
Groaned at 23 Times in 22 Posts
Not Ranked  0 score     

These guys got your covered well. Those first two logs were a bit scary... I'm glad you didn't have any KR. It looks like you had accidentally leaned out the upper portion of your maf, as this log:

had much better afrs. Good work! However, I don't like your fp esp in the first logs... I'd lay off the wot logs until you get internals. I think you MS3 guys have Cobb maps that are down-tuned for people without an upgraded hpfp? I'd say look into that to be safe. I know nothing about it though. I assume it's just detuned, but better safe than sorry.

Originally Posted by rfinkle2 View Post
If you are OK with the tune's power (until you get your fuel pump), and you take another maf batch, we can make sure that your maf calc is dead on in closed loop. It is up to you.
When you upgraded your hpfp, your trims change some, and you need to re-calibrate it. Thanks for helping this guy out, and I'm glad the 'how to' helped. As soon as that shit sinks in, you're through the learning curve imo. It's pretty steep tho

N55 Dinan Stage 1 w/ Intake. Tech package w/ Bluetooth audio/streaming, SAT Radio, & 12.5G HD, Navi Sys Pro w/ Back-up Cam/sensors & Park Distant Control; Auto-Trunk, TPC, LED lighting interior (doors) and exterior (door handles), & tint.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
dougefresh_ is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to dougefresh_ For This Useful Post:
mazdaspeed joel (04-20-2011), rfinkle2 (04-20-2011)
 Old 04-20-2011, 10:54 AM   #17

Not Ranked  0 score     

Originally Posted by dougefresh_ View Post
These guys got your covered well. Those first two logs were a bit scary... I'm glad you didn't have any KR. It looks like you had accidentally leaned out the upper portion of your maf, as this log:

had much better afrs. Good work! However, I don't like your fp esp in the first logs... I'd lay off the wot logs until you get internals. I think you MS3 guys have Cobb maps that are down-tuned for people without an upgraded hpfp? I'd say look into that to be safe. I know nothing about it though. I assume it's just detuned, but better safe than sorry.

When you upgraded your hpfp, your trims change some, and you need to re-calibrate it. Thanks for helping this guy out, and I'm glad the 'how to' helped. As soon as that shit sinks in, you're through the learning curve imo. It's pretty steep tho
If it wasn't for your how-to, I wouldn't have been able to help.

It is a good way for me to give back to the forum (and you in a way) to help who I can with the info. I've gotten from your thread.

Win - Win situation.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to rfinkle2 For This Useful Post:
dougefresh_ (04-20-2011), mazdaspeed joel (04-20-2011)
 Old 04-20-2011, 11:13 AM   #18

dougefresh_ is the leader of the worlddougefresh_ is the leader of the worlddougefresh_ is the leader of the worlddougefresh_ is the leader of the worlddougefresh_ is the leader of the worlddougefresh_ is the leader of the worlddougefresh_ is the leader of the worlddougefresh_ is the leader of the worlddougefresh_ is the leader of the worlddougefresh_ is the leader of the worlddougefresh_ is the leader of the world
Not Ranked  0 score     

Originally Posted by rfinkle2 View Post
If it wasn't for your how-to, I wouldn't have been able to help.

It is a good way for me to give back to the forum (and you in a way) to help who I can with the info. I've gotten from your thread.

Win - Win situation.
Much appreciated & agreed... I don't usually even look after the how to anymore, lol. I saw this thread under new posts, and thought I'd pop in. I have BT stuff to deal with, and then I have to get myself back up to par w/ ATR. I haven't really done any tuning since Nov :/ I'm gonna have DJ help me, but I want to learn everything I've missed. I'm at the point where I don't trust pro-tunes from most shops... there's one that seems okay in CT, but they've only tuned two 3076s, and I don't know if they dealt w/ interrupt mode, wgdc, meth, or what. I called one place awhile back, and dude was being sketchy, so I said F that place. If the tuner isn't willing to discuss the tune, then I'm not interested.

/threadjack

EDIT: OP you should put your mods in your sig as it's much easier to diagnose things and help w/ tuning questions if people know what you have and don't have

N55 Dinan Stage 1 w/ Intake. Tech package w/ Bluetooth audio/streaming, SAT Radio, & 12.5G HD, Navi Sys Pro w/ Back-up Cam/sensors & Park Distant Control; Auto-Trunk, TPC, LED lighting interior (doors) and exterior (door handles), & tint.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to dougefresh_ For This Useful Post:
mazdaspeed joel (04-20-2011), rfinkle2 (04-20-2011)
 Old 05-03-2011, 11:14 PM   #19

(Thread Starter)
Not Ranked  0 score     

Did another maf cal after the KMD internals were put in, car runs so much better. Datalogs are attached, let me know what you think. 1st one is in 3rd gear, 2nd one is in 4th gear.
Attached Files
File Type: csv datalog1.csv (1.7 KB, 4 views)
File Type: csv datalog2.csv (2.2 KB, 4 views)
dougefresh_ (05-04-2011)
 Old 05-04-2011, 12:41 AM   #20

Not Ranked  0 score     

Did another maf cal after the KMD internals were put in, car runs so much better. Datalogs are attached, let me know what you think. 1st one is in 3rd gear, 2nd one is in 4th gear.
What are your mods, and how are you tuning? (boost or load based?)

Logs look pretty good, but calc load is kinda low (or boost, unless this is a stage 1 ots map... then maybe right, I dunno). Hard to tell... not sure about mods, map, stage 1 vs 2. Please put mods in sig . Fuel pressure is solid and afrs are pretty good. Maybe a bit rich, but only in mid rpms. Not sure what you're ol/wot targets are, so look at your map and compare that to your actual afrs vs rpms and you'll know best.

Also, that was a strange layout... I'm used to seeing time, APP, rpms, etc... Oh, get rid of coolant temp and vehicle speed as this will add some resolution. I'd also swap out throttle pos for accel pedal pos. Give some more info and I'll take another peek. A 4th gear log would be ideal. Good work.

Isn't the maf cal a joke after it sinks in? lol
rfinkle2 likes this.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
The Following User Says Thank You to dougefresh_ For This Useful Post:
rfinkle2 (05-04-2011)
 Old 05-04-2011, 10:25 AM   #21

(Thread Starter)
Not Ranked  0 score     

Originally Posted by dougefresh_ View Post
What are your mods, and how are you tuning? (boost or load based?)

Logs look pretty good, but calc load is kinda low (or boost, unless this is a stage 1 ots map... then maybe right, I dunno). Hard to tell... not sure about mods, map, stage 1 vs 2. Please put mods in sig . Fuel pressure is solid and afrs are pretty good. Maybe a bit rich, but only in mid rpms. Not sure what you're ol/wot targets are, so look at your map and compare that to your actual afrs vs rpms and you'll know best.

Also, that was a strange layout... I'm used to seeing time, APP, rpms, etc... Oh, get rid of coolant temp and vehicle speed as this will add some resolution. I'd also swap out throttle pos for accel pedal pos. Give some more info and I'll take another peek. A 4th gear log would be ideal. Good work.

Isn't the maf cal a joke after it sinks in? lol
Stage 2 + SF FMIC, so COBB DP, CPE FMIC, CPE SRI, CPE TIP, and KMD internals. And not sure about the ol/wot targets are, no clue how to do that, lol. MAF cals are super easy now, starting to help my friends with speed6's and speed3's, thanks man.
dougefresh_ (05-04-2011)
 Old 05-04-2011, 12:04 PM   #22

Not Ranked  0 score     

Stage 2 + SF FMIC, so COBB DP, CPE FMIC, CPE SRI, CPE TIP, and KMD internals. And not sure about the ol/wot targets are, no clue how to do that, lol. MAF cals are super easy now, starting to help my friends with speed6's and speed3's, thanks man.
Put that shit in your sig so people don't have to ask everytime you have an issue/question. Putting them in OP is a hassle, because then you gotta go looking back up for reference. You'll get more feedback that way (go to "User CP" then "edit Signature" and put that stuff in ). Glad you got the maf cal down np. In ATR go to 'fuel tables' then "Fuel OL/WOT Command EQ, no knock A & B"... those are your WOT afr targets vs rpms. Take your time and read through the entire Helpfile. You have steps 1, 2, 3 down. Next is "Establishing Safe fuel curves" or something... has to do w/ calibirating the upper portion of your maf to correct wot afrs. Yours look ok, but I have no clue what your map looks like. If you have an MS3, I can't open the file either. Good to hear you're helping folks out, and you're more than welcome.

PS. Don't forget to read the Helpfile

PPS. Read the Helpfile

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]