register gallery

Go Back   Mazdaspeed Forums >
MAZDASPEED SECTION
>
Mazdaspeed 3 MZR Gen2 Forums (2010-2013)
> 2010 MS3 - Turbo Induction

Welcome to Mazdaspeed Forums .

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

*When you join MSF as a registered user, there will be No Ads.

*Registered Members get access to the Off Topic Area of the Forum

*Registered Members have an opportunity to upgrade their accounts to VIP, which brings a host of goddies for supporting MSF such as Raffles, Additional Forum Access, More PM Storage, The ability to upload more Images and many other enhancements.

*Registered members also get access to the live chat box!

Bookmark and Share LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
 Old 02-11-2012, 08:28 PM   #1

USAFDentist is a splendid one to beholdUSAFDentist is a splendid one to beholdUSAFDentist is a splendid one to beholdUSAFDentist is a splendid one to beholdUSAFDentist is a splendid one to beholdUSAFDentist is a splendid one to beholdUSAFDentist is a splendid one to behold
Groans: 0
Groaned at 0 Times in 0 Posts
(Thread Starter)
Not Ranked  0 score     
Default Blitz Air Filter

I ordered the Cobb SRI with Blitz SS filter. I searched the forum, and only found a couple of mentions about this filter. Further, I was sent an ultrashort version of it.

I'm impressed by the appearance, seems high quality. Just a little apprehensive since I haven't come across much conversation about this piece.

Any comments, experiences?
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_8772.JPG (348.2 KB, 53 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_8776.JPG (3.17 MB, 58 views)
USAFDentist is offline   Reply With Quote
 Old 02-11-2012, 08:53 PM   #2
MoparGo
Lurkers

Thumbs up That...

Originally Posted by USAFDentist View Post
I ordered the Cobb SRI with Blitz SS filter. I searched the forum, and only found a couple of mentions about this filter. Further, I was sent an ultrashort version of it. I'm impressed by the appearance, seems high quality. Just a little apprehensive since I haven't come across much conversation about this piece. Any comments, experiences?
...looks great, but my personal preference is the AFE Dry-S filter. No oil to foul MAF, looks great and flows even better.

The AFE catalogue is extensive. I am almost certain you can find one that fits (once you need to replace the Blitz SS).

Last edited by MoparGo; 02-11-2012 at 09:24 PM.
 Old 02-11-2012, 09:18 PM   #3

dereeek is the leader of the worlddereeek is the leader of the worlddereeek is the leader of the worlddereeek is the leader of the worlddereeek is the leader of the worlddereeek is the leader of the worlddereeek is the leader of the worlddereeek is the leader of the worlddereeek is the leader of the worlddereeek is the leader of the worlddereeek is the leader of the world
Thanked 3,385 Times in 1,052 Posts
Groans: 386
Groaned at 16 Times in 15 Posts
Not Ranked  0 score     

don't use it. i have it, and am having to clean my MAF monthly. thankfully i just bought a amsoil filter.

I lost track of the mods in my car.
dereeek is offline   Reply With Quote
 Old 02-11-2012, 09:18 PM   #4

TulsaVR93FD is the leader of the worldTulsaVR93FD is the leader of the worldTulsaVR93FD is the leader of the worldTulsaVR93FD is the leader of the worldTulsaVR93FD is the leader of the worldTulsaVR93FD is the leader of the worldTulsaVR93FD is the leader of the worldTulsaVR93FD is the leader of the worldTulsaVR93FD is the leader of the worldTulsaVR93FD is the leader of the worldTulsaVR93FD is the leader of the world
Groans: 19
Groaned at 60 Times in 32 Posts
Not Ranked  0 score     

Blitz as a company is all really high quality. I have no doubt the product won't disappoint. Now is a chance for you to help the msf community by doing a good write up, since there's nothing on the forums for it.
 Old 02-13-2012, 10:07 AM   #5

PureDrive has a reputation beyond reputePureDrive has a reputation beyond reputePureDrive has a reputation beyond reputePureDrive has a reputation beyond reputePureDrive has a reputation beyond reputePureDrive has a reputation beyond reputePureDrive has a reputation beyond reputePureDrive has a reputation beyond reputePureDrive has a reputation beyond reputePureDrive has a reputation beyond reputePureDrive has a reputation beyond repute
Groaned at 25 Times in 11 Posts
Not Ranked  0 score     

I had heard and read bad things about the filtration of the Blitz SS when I was looking at it years ago for a different car. I remember it ranking dead last in comparison test in terms of how much dirt and garbage it let pass into the engine. Sorry I don't have concrete figures for you as it was several years ago, but I remember the general outcome very clearly.........I would never run this filter on a car I had.
PureDrive is offline   Reply With Quote
 Old 02-14-2012, 05:47 PM   #6

dereeek is the leader of the worlddereeek is the leader of the worlddereeek is the leader of the worlddereeek is the leader of the worlddereeek is the leader of the worlddereeek is the leader of the worlddereeek is the leader of the worlddereeek is the leader of the worlddereeek is the leader of the worlddereeek is the leader of the worlddereeek is the leader of the world
Thanked 3,385 Times in 1,052 Posts
Groans: 386
Groaned at 16 Times in 15 Posts
Not Ranked  0 score     

http://www.mkiv.com/techarticles/filters_test/2/

I lost track of the mods in my car.
dereeek is offline   Reply With Quote
 Old 02-16-2012, 01:05 PM   #7

PureDrive has a reputation beyond reputePureDrive has a reputation beyond reputePureDrive has a reputation beyond reputePureDrive has a reputation beyond reputePureDrive has a reputation beyond reputePureDrive has a reputation beyond reputePureDrive has a reputation beyond reputePureDrive has a reputation beyond reputePureDrive has a reputation beyond reputePureDrive has a reputation beyond reputePureDrive has a reputation beyond repute
Groaned at 25 Times in 11 Posts
Not Ranked  0 score     

^Well done. That was one of the tests I had looked at years ago.
PureDrive is offline   Reply With Quote