register gallery

Go Back   Mazdaspeed Forums >
MAZDASPEED SECTION
>
Mazdaspeed 3 MZR Gen2 Forums (2010-2013)
> 2010 MS3 - Turbo Induction

Welcome to Mazdaspeed Forums .

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

*When you join MSF as a registered user, there will be No Ads.

*Registered Members get access to the Off Topic Area of the Forum

*Registered Members have an opportunity to upgrade their accounts to VIP, which brings a host of goddies for supporting MSF such as Raffles, Additional Forum Access, More PM Storage, The ability to upload more Images and many other enhancements.

*Registered members also get access to the live chat box!
Like Tree13Likes

Bookmark and Share LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
 Old 09-23-2011, 11:29 AM   #81

Gwynne is the leader of the worldGwynne is the leader of the worldGwynne is the leader of the worldGwynne is the leader of the worldGwynne is the leader of the worldGwynne is the leader of the worldGwynne is the leader of the worldGwynne is the leader of the worldGwynne is the leader of the worldGwynne is the leader of the worldGwynne is the leader of the world
Groans: 0
Groaned at 5 Times in 4 Posts
Not Ranked  0 score     

Originally Posted by adlpb View Post
Permanently removes crashbar. Unless you make your own.

It's a very good price for the core size, but personally I wouldn't want a car without a crash bar. Not only is it unsafe, but also loses rigidity.

Not bashing on CS, just stating my own facts. The price is very competitive though.
That is why we are offering two options. One that requires no modification and one for those that want the larger core.
Gwynne is offline   Reply With Quote
 Old 09-23-2011, 11:34 AM   #82

adlpb is the leader of the worldadlpb is the leader of the worldadlpb is the leader of the worldadlpb is the leader of the worldadlpb is the leader of the worldadlpb is the leader of the worldadlpb is the leader of the worldadlpb is the leader of the worldadlpb is the leader of the worldadlpb is the leader of the worldadlpb is the leader of the world
Thanked 11,952 Times in 4,235 Posts
Groans: 669
Groaned at 34 Times in 32 Posts
(Thread Starter)
Not Ranked  0 score     

Originally Posted by Gwynne[MENTION=130
CorkSport;1056768]That is why we are offering two options. One that requires no modification and one for those that want the larger core.
I'm aware of the options. Just answering his question.

Fast cars are for straight lines. Corners are for fast drivers.

2006 Corvette Z06 - AKA "El Zorro"

Sold: 2012 Evolution X GSR - 394awhp / 378awtq

Sold: 2011 MS3 Hypnotic Tuned @ 322whp/370tq
adlpb is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to adlpb For This Useful Post:
Gwynne (09-23-2011)
 Old 09-30-2011, 11:25 AM   #83

Gwynne is the leader of the worldGwynne is the leader of the worldGwynne is the leader of the worldGwynne is the leader of the worldGwynne is the leader of the worldGwynne is the leader of the worldGwynne is the leader of the worldGwynne is the leader of the worldGwynne is the leader of the worldGwynne is the leader of the worldGwynne is the leader of the world
Not Ranked  0 score     

Originally Posted by JS + MS3 View Post
What's the difference between RAM AIR version and this SRI version?
We just published air flow testing results between the two set-ups on our blog at CorkSport Mazda Performance – Blog » Flow Test Results
 Old 09-30-2011, 02:55 PM   #84

warlord is the leader of the worldwarlord is the leader of the worldwarlord is the leader of the worldwarlord is the leader of the worldwarlord is the leader of the worldwarlord is the leader of the worldwarlord is the leader of the worldwarlord is the leader of the worldwarlord is the leader of the worldwarlord is the leader of the worldwarlord is the leader of the world
Groans: 6
Groaned at 60 Times in 18 Posts
Not Ranked  0 score     

CorkSport;1056768]That is why we are offering two options. One that requires no modification and one for those that want the larger core.
Haha, I was interested for about two seconds in the larger core version till I read that your not offerering any replacement for the oem bar that has to be removed. Please tell there is nobody stupid enough to do this. The fact that you have a disclaimer shows that your worried about the outcome shold someone get in a frotal crash. Please tell me i read this all wrong. Customer service means nothing if you customer is dead. I try not to slam your products but this is a total marketing fail if this is true. Poeple on this forum are sketchy about modifing their crashbar let alone removing it completly and not replacing it with something as worthy.
TexasSpeed3 likes this.
TexasSpeed3 (09-30-2011)
 Old 09-30-2011, 02:57 PM   #85

zatara is the leader of the worldzatara is the leader of the worldzatara is the leader of the worldzatara is the leader of the worldzatara is the leader of the worldzatara is the leader of the worldzatara is the leader of the worldzatara is the leader of the worldzatara is the leader of the worldzatara is the leader of the worldzatara is the leader of the world
Thanked 2,283 Times in 817 Posts
Groans: 1
Groaned at 5 Times in 5 Posts
Not Ranked  0 score     

Originally Posted by warlord View Post
Haha, I was interested for about two seconds in the larger core version till I read that your not offerering any replacement for the oem bar that has to be removed. Please tell there is nobody stupid enough to do this. The fact that you have a disclaimer shows that your worried about the outcome shold someone get in a frotal crash. Please tell me i read this all wrong. Customer service means nothing if you customer is dead. I try not to slam your products but this is a total marketing fail if this is true. Poeple on this forum are sketchy about modifing their crashbar let alone removing it completly and not replacing it with something as worthy.
There's a reason that "It is not recommended for street use." Is in the description for the larger core.
zatara is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to zatara For This Useful Post:
ridenfish39 (10-03-2011)
 Old 09-30-2011, 03:02 PM   #86

warlord is the leader of the worldwarlord is the leader of the worldwarlord is the leader of the worldwarlord is the leader of the worldwarlord is the leader of the worldwarlord is the leader of the worldwarlord is the leader of the worldwarlord is the leader of the worldwarlord is the leader of the worldwarlord is the leader of the worldwarlord is the leader of the world
Not Ranked  0 score     

Ok so that makes it alright? Whether you crash on the track or the street you still have no protection. I guess price trumps safety for some people. Not me.

Last edited by warlord; 09-30-2011 at 04:41 PM.
warlord is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to warlord For This Useful Post:
TexasSpeed3 (09-30-2011)
 Old 09-30-2011, 03:07 PM   #87

rghispanic88 is the leader of the worldrghispanic88 is the leader of the worldrghispanic88 is the leader of the worldrghispanic88 is the leader of the worldrghispanic88 is the leader of the worldrghispanic88 is the leader of the worldrghispanic88 is the leader of the worldrghispanic88 is the leader of the worldrghispanic88 is the leader of the worldrghispanic88 is the leader of the worldrghispanic88 is the leader of the world
Thanked 4,162 Times in 1,330 Posts
Groans: 263
Groaned at 73 Times in 43 Posts
Not Ranked  0 score     

Ok so that makes it alright? Whether you crash on the track or the street you still have no protaction.
some people dont use the MS3 as a DD. some people just want to mod the shit out of it and go fast. which is done in the track BTW.

CorkSport;1066461]We just published air flow testing results between the two set-ups on our blog at CorkSport Mazda Performance – Blog » Flow Test Results
I asked this before, but does the CS SRI FMIC work with COBB or other SRI?

The reason i ask is because there are many members who have other SRI as part of their set ups. From what i can see, it looks compatible but would like to make sure. I would definitely be interested in buying the FMIC and i know that the market would expand if it is confirmed.

2004 EVO 8 Green Monster The "7up"

Last edited by rghispanic88; 09-30-2011 at 03:07 PM. Reason: MSF Database - Automerged Doublepost
rghispanic88 is offline   Reply With Quote
 Old 09-30-2011, 03:15 PM   #88
Approved MSF Vendor

CorkSport is the leader of the worldCorkSport is the leader of the worldCorkSport is the leader of the worldCorkSport is the leader of the worldCorkSport is the leader of the worldCorkSport is the leader of the worldCorkSport is the leader of the worldCorkSport is the leader of the worldCorkSport is the leader of the worldCorkSport is the leader of the worldCorkSport is the leader of the world
Thanked 5,232 Times in 1,404 Posts
Groans: 2
Groaned at 28 Times in 16 Posts
Not Ranked  0 score     

We put up the option for a larger core for people who want it. It is not for everyone and we understand and give the warnings about removing the crash bar.

rghispanic88,

We have not had a car come through with a COBB SRI or any other brands so I dont have an answer on that for you.

-Derrick

CorkSport is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to CorkSport For This Useful Post:
rghispanic88 (09-30-2011)
 Old 09-30-2011, 03:38 PM   #89

rghispanic88 is the leader of the worldrghispanic88 is the leader of the worldrghispanic88 is the leader of the worldrghispanic88 is the leader of the worldrghispanic88 is the leader of the worldrghispanic88 is the leader of the worldrghispanic88 is the leader of the worldrghispanic88 is the leader of the worldrghispanic88 is the leader of the worldrghispanic88 is the leader of the worldrghispanic88 is the leader of the world
Not Ranked  0 score     

Originally Posted by CorkSport View Post
We put up the option for a larger core for people who want it. It is not for everyone and we understand and give the warnings about removing the crash bar.

rghispanic88,

We have not had a car come through with a COBB SRI or any other brands so I dont have an answer on that for you.

-Derrick
Thanks for the honest and quick response

Now someone to volunteer to have the FMIC tested with a COBB SRI.

Last edited by rghispanic88; 09-30-2011 at 03:58 PM.
 Old 09-30-2011, 04:06 PM   #90

Not Ranked  0 score     

Originally Posted by rghispanic88 View Post
some people dont use the MS3 as a DD. some people just want to mod the shit out of it and go fast. which is done in the track BTW.
BTW bro. FYI People that track their cars seriously are more safety conscious than daily drivers will ever be. They don't just mod their cars and go fast with out taking safety under serious consideration. The track officials feel the same way. That's the reason helmets and safety inspections are mandatory before you can put your car on the track. Anyway I''ll leave you to continue with this thread. I stated my thoughts and I'm out.

Last edited by warlord; 09-30-2011 at 04:41 PM.
 Old 09-30-2011, 04:56 PM   #91

adlpb is the leader of the worldadlpb is the leader of the worldadlpb is the leader of the worldadlpb is the leader of the worldadlpb is the leader of the worldadlpb is the leader of the worldadlpb is the leader of the worldadlpb is the leader of the worldadlpb is the leader of the worldadlpb is the leader of the worldadlpb is the leader of the world
(Thread Starter)
Not Ranked  0 score     

BTW bro. FYI People that track their cars seriously are more safety conscious than daily drivers will ever be. They don't just mod their cars and go fast with out taking safety under serious consideration. The track officials feel the same way. That's the reason helmets and safety inspections are mandatory before you can put your car on the track. Anyway I''ll leave you to continue with this thread. I stated my thoughts and I'm out.
Chill out man. CS is not the first company to release a FMIC with no crash bar. The driver should be fully conscious of his decision of removing the bar.

Old 09-30-2011, 05:02 PM   #92

stang9779 is the leader of the worldstang9779 is the leader of the worldstang9779 is the leader of the worldstang9779 is the leader of the worldstang9779 is the leader of the worldstang9779 is the leader of the worldstang9779 is the leader of the worldstang9779 is the leader of the worldstang9779 is the leader of the worldstang9779 is the leader of the worldstang9779 is the leader of the world
Groans: 3
Groaned at 15 Times in 4 Posts
Not Ranked  0 score     

Chill out man. CS is not the first company to release a FMIC with no crash bar. The driver should be fully conscious of his decision of removing the bar.
Can't you just purchase the UR crash bar for $150 and the big CS fmic for $750? If that combo works its only $900.

Sent from my SCH-I510 using Tapatalk
GTX3071r - Cobb AP - CP-e Big TIP, XcelXL - Hallman PRO RX MBC - Steedspeed exhaust manifold - CS TMIC, CBE, Air Box, Interior LED kit, Mud Flaps - JBR EGR Block off, 88D RMM, 80D PMM, 88D TMM, HSK, RSB, SSP - KMD V2.1 internals - CNT DP - Forge BPV V2 - MD OCC - TWM FSS - NGK LTR7IX-11 - Konig Kilograms 18x8 +45 on 245/40zr18 Hankook V12's - H&R sport springs - SPC RC kit - Aeroforces Dual gauges - DDM tunning HID 35w 6000k - 20% black window tint, clear bra
Future Mods DO stage 2 WMI, Intake manifold of some type.
stang9779 is offline   Reply With Quote
 Old 09-30-2011, 05:24 PM   #93

(Thread Starter)
Not Ranked  0 score     

Originally Posted by stang9779 View Post
Can't you just purchase the UR crash bar for $150 and the big CS fmic for $750? If that combo works its only $900.

No, the CS core is taller. You'd have to make your own crash bar.

Old 09-30-2011, 05:25 PM   #94

mrmonk7663 is the leader of the worldmrmonk7663 is the leader of the worldmrmonk7663 is the leader of the worldmrmonk7663 is the leader of the worldmrmonk7663 is the leader of the worldmrmonk7663 is the leader of the worldmrmonk7663 is the leader of the worldmrmonk7663 is the leader of the worldmrmonk7663 is the leader of the worldmrmonk7663 is the leader of the worldmrmonk7663 is the leader of the world
Thanked 2,449 Times in 1,248 Posts
Groans: 14
Groaned at 17 Times in 9 Posts
Not Ranked  0 score     

Yes you can just purchase a UR crashbar, don't know if it fits the CS or not though...I bought one the other day. It was like $194 shipped to Texas.

"There is a war going on for your mind. If you are thinking, you are winning. Resistance is victory. Defeat is impossible. Your weapons are already in hand. Reach within you and find the means by which to gain your freedom. Fight with tools. Your fate,and that of everyone you know, depends on it."

TEAM LBN BEERS -- FYCN
TEAM MUMFORD -- FYCN
mrmonk7663 is offline   Reply With Quote
 Old 09-30-2011, 05:39 PM   #95

stang9779 is the leader of the worldstang9779 is the leader of the worldstang9779 is the leader of the worldstang9779 is the leader of the worldstang9779 is the leader of the worldstang9779 is the leader of the worldstang9779 is the leader of the worldstang9779 is the leader of the worldstang9779 is the leader of the worldstang9779 is the leader of the worldstang9779 is the leader of the world
Not Ranked  0 score     

No, the CS core is taller. You'd have to make your own crash bar.
I was hooping it would work. Oh well

GTX3071r - Cobb AP - CP-e Big TIP, XcelXL - Hallman PRO RX MBC - Steedspeed exhaust manifold - CS TMIC, CBE, Air Box, Interior LED kit, Mud Flaps - JBR EGR Block off, 88D RMM, 80D PMM, 88D TMM, HSK, RSB, SSP - KMD V2.1 internals - CNT DP - Forge BPV V2 - MD OCC - TWM FSS - NGK LTR7IX-11 - Konig Kilograms 18x8 +45 on 245/40zr18 Hankook V12's - H&R sport springs - SPC RC kit - Aeroforces Dual gauges - DDM tunning HID 35w 6000k - 20% black window tint, clear bra
 Old 09-30-2011, 05:49 PM   #96

(Thread Starter)
Not Ranked  0 score     

Originally Posted by mrmonk7663 View Post
Yes you can just purchase a UR crashbar, don't know if it fits the CS or not though...I bought one the other day. It was like $194 shipped to Texas.
The CS core is 11 inches while the UR is around 8 I believe. It most likely would hit it

Old 09-30-2011, 05:55 PM   #97

Not Ranked  0 score     

LOL. Fully chilled like my 12 pk of MGD. Your right, it's on the customer not CS. A disclaimer for not passing emissions is one thing but a disclaimer for safety just rubbed me the wrong way at the time of my rant.

Last edited by warlord; 09-30-2011 at 05:59 PM. Reason: MSF Database - Automerged Doublepost
 Old 09-30-2011, 05:59 PM   #98

Not Ranked  0 score     

whatever tickles your pickle.

different folks different strokes

Don't like it dont buy it. very simple

Old 09-30-2011, 06:06 PM   #99

Not Ranked  0 score     

The CS core is 11 inches while the UR is around 8 I believe. It most likely would hit it
just cut a fucking whole under the plastic tray LOL.

But seriously, thats a BIG motherfucking core. 700 HP!! we haven even reached 600.

I think they should make another core as an option so that way they'll have a small, medium and large. size 24X7.5X3.25 or 24X8X3.5 some where around those lines

Old 09-30-2011, 06:13 PM   #100

Not Ranked  0 score     

After thinking about it the whole for the hangers may not be in the right place either

Last edited by stang9779; 10-01-2011 at 08:11 AM.
 Old 09-30-2011, 06:28 PM   #101

Not Ranked  0 score     

Originally Posted by stang9779 View Post
After thinking about it the whole for the tubing may not be in the right place either

hole? what hole?

Old 09-30-2011, 07:03 PM   #102
Ur moms boyfriend

forcedinduktion is the leader of the worldforcedinduktion is the leader of the worldforcedinduktion is the leader of the worldforcedinduktion is the leader of the worldforcedinduktion is the leader of the worldforcedinduktion is the leader of the worldforcedinduktion is the leader of the worldforcedinduktion is the leader of the worldforcedinduktion is the leader of the worldforcedinduktion is the leader of the worldforcedinduktion is the leader of the world
Thanked 2,265 Times in 763 Posts
Groans: 70
Groaned at 99 Times in 70 Posts
Not Ranked  0 score     

I 2nd a happy medium. Large enough to suppose BT without having to compromise safety or handling
forcedinduktion is offline   Reply With Quote
 Old 09-30-2011, 07:19 PM   #103

Not Ranked  0 score     

hole? what hole?
For the hangers. Look at the ur. Its made to hang the ur fmic. You could fab I guess.

Old 09-30-2011, 09:18 PM   #104

Not Ranked  0 score     

oh yeah, i guess

Old 10-03-2011, 09:43 AM   #105

Not Ranked  0 score     

Now also available for the 2007-2009 Mazdaspeed 3 - CORKSPORT 2007-2009 Mazdaspeed 3 FMIC kit for Short Ram Intake
 Old 03-05-2012, 03:01 PM   #106

Not Ranked  0 score     

I asked this before, but does the CS SRI FMIC work with COBB or other SRI?

The reason i ask is because there are many members who have other SRI as part of their set ups. From what i can see, it looks compatible but would like to make sure. I would definitely be interested in buying the FMIC and i know that the market would expand if it is confirmed.
We have confirmed fitment on the FMIC for SRI with the COBB Short Ram.

The Following User Says Thank You to Gwynne For This Useful Post:
rghispanic88 (03-05-2012)
 Old 03-05-2012, 03:42 PM   #107

Not Ranked  0 score     

Nice, but too late for me. i already have just about the everything from you guys.

good to know

Old 03-08-2012, 03:04 PM   #108

Paul is the leader of the worldPaul is the leader of the worldPaul is the leader of the worldPaul is the leader of the worldPaul is the leader of the worldPaul is the leader of the worldPaul is the leader of the worldPaul is the leader of the worldPaul is the leader of the worldPaul is the leader of the worldPaul is the leader of the world
Groaned at 20 Times in 5 Posts
Not Ranked  0 score     

@GwynneCorkSport this FMIC for the SRI won't work with the CS airbox will it?
|| AT Internals || COBB APV3 || CNT DP || Koni Yellows || H&R Springs ||
|| JBR Shift Knob || JBR Stage 2 SSP || JBR SSBushings ||
|| JBR 88 RMM || JBR 80 TMM || JBR 80 PMM || JBR RSB || JBR RCAs || JBR EGR Block/Delete - OCC - Small Battery box ||
\\|// AJ 91 & E85/91 Mix Tunes by A.J \\|//
|| Window Tints, Lamine-x Headlights/Fogs, Tinted Tails, JDM Rain Guards ||

Paul is offline   Reply With Quote
 Old 03-10-2012, 09:35 AM   #109
Approved MSF Vendor

CorkSport is the leader of the worldCorkSport is the leader of the worldCorkSport is the leader of the worldCorkSport is the leader of the worldCorkSport is the leader of the worldCorkSport is the leader of the worldCorkSport is the leader of the worldCorkSport is the leader of the worldCorkSport is the leader of the worldCorkSport is the leader of the worldCorkSport is the leader of the world
Thanked 5,232 Times in 1,404 Posts
Groaned at 28 Times in 16 Posts
Not Ranked  0 score     

It will not work with the airbox.

CorkSport is offline   Reply With Quote
 Old 03-11-2012, 12:57 AM   #110

Seaton is the leader of the worldSeaton is the leader of the worldSeaton is the leader of the worldSeaton is the leader of the worldSeaton is the leader of the worldSeaton is the leader of the worldSeaton is the leader of the worldSeaton is the leader of the worldSeaton is the leader of the worldSeaton is the leader of the worldSeaton is the leader of the world
Groans: 1
Groaned at 0 Times in 0 Posts
Not Ranked  0 score     

Gotta say, it's a shame you limited yourselves with this FMIC kit. If it would have worked with my CP-e SRI I would have bought it. Gone down another path now...
Seaton is offline   Reply With Quote
 Old 03-13-2012, 05:00 PM   #111

Not Ranked  0 score     

Originally Posted by seaton View Post
Gotta say, it's a shame you limited yourselves with this FMIC kit. If it would have worked with my CP-e SRI I would have bought it. Gone down another path now...
We have not confirmed fitment with the cp-e SRI. It may work if you do not use their mounting brackets, but without actually having one here to install and test fit, we cannot say with complete certainty.

LinkBacks (?)
LinkBack to this Thread: http://www.mazdaspeedforums.org/forum/f424/corksport-announces-their-sri-front-mount-intercooler-89688/
Posted By For Type Date
CorkSport Mazda Performance – Blog » 500hp MS3, Flames, Friends and Mazda Fanatics! MazdasNW End of Summer Bash This thread Refback 10-14-2011 05:42 PM
CorkSport Mazda Performance – Blog » Flow Test Results ? Mazdaspeed 3 FMIC for SRI vs Ram Air This thread Refback 10-12-2011 12:03 PM