register gallery

Go Back   Mazdaspeed Forums >
MAZDASPEED SECTION
>
Mazdaspeed 3 MZR Gen2 Forums (2010-2013)
> 2010 MS3 - Turbo Induction

Welcome to Mazdaspeed Forums .

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

*When you join MSF as a registered user, there will be No Ads.

*Registered Members get access to the Off Topic Area of the Forum

*Registered Members have an opportunity to upgrade their accounts to VIP, which brings a host of goddies for supporting MSF such as Raffles, Additional Forum Access, More PM Storage, The ability to upload more Images and many other enhancements.

*Registered members also get access to the live chat box!
Like Tree2Likes
  • 2 Post By shamie

Bookmark and Share LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
 Old 05-10-2019, 04:36 AM   #1

eliwwjd has a reputation beyond reputeeliwwjd has a reputation beyond reputeeliwwjd has a reputation beyond reputeeliwwjd has a reputation beyond reputeeliwwjd has a reputation beyond reputeeliwwjd has a reputation beyond reputeeliwwjd has a reputation beyond reputeeliwwjd has a reputation beyond reputeeliwwjd has a reputation beyond reputeeliwwjd has a reputation beyond reputeeliwwjd has a reputation beyond repute
Groans: 3
Groaned at 61 Times in 34 Posts
(Thread Starter)
Not Ranked  0 score     
Default Decision to make on turbo upgrade

Ive been planning on upgrading my turbo but its been hard for me to make up my mind.
At first i wanted a ball bearing turbo but ive seen that all 4 models that ive considered al journal bearing. My goal is 400hp stock block limit, but at the same time have the closest spool of oem K04 turbo. I will also be doing corksport cams and big 3.5 intake from htp.
The turbos that have been on my decision list are:

1) CS Turbo
2) BNR S3
3) GTX2867
4) GTX2871

I know i need some auxiliary fueling to achieve 400hp.What is your turbo recommendation to achieve 400hp with the least spool time?
Forge BPV V2//COBB AP V3// COBB DP //ETS TMIC//AUTOTECH HPFP//JBR SRI//JBR TIP//JBR COOLANT BYPASS KIT//JBR DISI HOSES//JBR BYPASS HOSE//JBR THROTTLE BODY THERMAL GASKETS//JBR SHIFTER BUSHINGS// //RACING BEAT CBE//DAMOND MOTORSPORTS OCC//COBB RMM//CS LED KIT//CS LED FOGS//CBI OSRAM HID BULBS//CONTI EXTREME CONTACT 225/40 R18//RACESENG SHIFT KNOB//FREEKTUNED ON 93 PUMP GAS

eliwwjd is offline   Reply With Quote
 Old 05-10-2019, 10:02 AM   #2

Oshiguru is a glorious beacon of lightOshiguru is a glorious beacon of lightOshiguru is a glorious beacon of lightOshiguru is a glorious beacon of lightOshiguru is a glorious beacon of lightOshiguru is a glorious beacon of light
Groans: 0
Groaned at 0 Times in 0 Posts
Neutral  +1 score     

According to Stratified's page and dynos i've seen on this forum. Your best bet for the numbers are the latter two, and for closest spool the first two. I personally wanted the same spool time as the K04 to replace my turbo and I was set on getting the CS turbo. Opted against a turbo upgrade as I didn't realize it would require me to upgrade my DP, buy a 3 port, possibly injector seals with ++ power, and more.

MazdaSpeed 3/6 Garrett ATP Big Turbo + Custom Tune Package [MZSPD_ATP_Package] - $1,750.00USD : Stratified Automotive Controls scroll down
Oshiguru is offline   Reply With Quote
 Old 05-18-2019, 06:05 PM   #3

eliwwjd has a reputation beyond reputeeliwwjd has a reputation beyond reputeeliwwjd has a reputation beyond reputeeliwwjd has a reputation beyond reputeeliwwjd has a reputation beyond reputeeliwwjd has a reputation beyond reputeeliwwjd has a reputation beyond reputeeliwwjd has a reputation beyond reputeeliwwjd has a reputation beyond reputeeliwwjd has a reputation beyond reputeeliwwjd has a reputation beyond repute
(Thread Starter)
Not Ranked  0 score     

After gathering opinions i've decided to go with CS turbo being the one with the quickest spool time close to k04 and capable of 400+ hp over the other 3 turbo options.
Now i want to hear experiences from members who have installed the CS turbo C4 updated.
How has the turbo turn out in service and performance? Any bad experiences?
Forge BPV V2//COBB AP V3// COBB DP //ETS TMIC//AUTOTECH HPFP//JBR SRI//JBR TIP//JBR COOLANT BYPASS KIT//JBR DISI HOSES//JBR BYPASS HOSE//JBR THROTTLE BODY THERMAL GASKETS//JBR SHIFTER BUSHINGS// //RACING BEAT CBE//DAMOND MOTORSPORTS OCC//COBB RMM//CS LED KIT//CS LED FOGS//CBI OSRAM HID BULBS//CONTI EXTREME CONTACT 225/40 R18//RACESENG SHIFT KNOB//FREEKTUNED ON 93 PUMP GAS

Old 06-07-2019, 03:56 AM   #4

(Thread Starter)
Not Ranked  0 score     

Can any member here with the CS turbo share how has been the experience with the upgrade?

Old 06-07-2019, 05:23 AM   #5

shamie is the leader of the worldshamie is the leader of the worldshamie is the leader of the worldshamie is the leader of the worldshamie is the leader of the worldshamie is the leader of the worldshamie is the leader of the worldshamie is the leader of the worldshamie is the leader of the worldshamie is the leader of the worldshamie is the leader of the world
Groans: 2
Groaned at 4 Times in 4 Posts
Not Ranked  0 score     

Nope. No member has written anything on this forum about the CS turbo. What is this CS Turbo you speak of?

Search and you will find...
Db09ms3 and danb like this.
2009 MGM MS3 - / HTP 3"/ COBB AP, FMIC, RMM, & DP / AT Internals / Manley Rods & Pistons / ARP studs & bolts / Koyorad radiator / DM OCCs / ACT Clutch / Bilstein B16 / CS Camber Plates, Camber Arms, & Seals / JBR .125 RSB, 51R Battery Box & Raider's AD / StopTech Brakes
shamie is offline   Reply With Quote
 Old 06-07-2019, 10:29 AM   #6

Fstrnyou is the leader of the worldFstrnyou is the leader of the worldFstrnyou is the leader of the worldFstrnyou is the leader of the worldFstrnyou is the leader of the worldFstrnyou is the leader of the worldFstrnyou is the leader of the worldFstrnyou is the leader of the worldFstrnyou is the leader of the worldFstrnyou is the leader of the worldFstrnyou is the leader of the world
Groans: 21
Groaned at 6 Times in 5 Posts
Not Ranked  0 score     

Burn...

I haven't had any "major" issues with my CS turbo. I supposedly got one from the updated 2nd batch, but before they changed the name to CST4.

Considering the stock fueling (with HPFP upgrade) will take you to 360whp, adding aux fueling to get 40 more HP seems silly expensive for what you get back.

And that's coming from someone who is spending silly amounts of money for smaller gains.
Versatuner, 3-bar MAP, ITV22, CP-e TMIC
CS Turbo/DP/RP/HPFP/BPV/R-DiffMount
White Widow F-DiffMount, Whiteline RSB
Rear Russian Bushings, Poly FSB Bushings
Magnaflow CBE, ACT 6-puck/Streetlite
JBR Tru-3.5/3-port EBCS/EGR-D
Damond RMM/PMM/OCC/PCV Plate
Other rides:
2014 F-150 XLT SuperCrew Ecoboost
2002 Tacoma ExtCab 2.4L 5spd 2WD
2004 Olds Alero ECOtec 2.2 - Broken
History:
2008 GSX-R 1000 - Stolen
1988 RX-7 TII - Sold (13.467 @ 105.44)
1985 Camaro - Sold (est. 265bhp 5.7 swap, Edelbrock intake & Hooker headers)
http://www.mazdaspeedforums.org/forum/redirect-to/?redirect=http%3A%2F%2Fcse.google.com%2Fcse%3Fcx%3 D007197676933930921148%3Apwlh1e31oxu%23gsc.tab%3D0
Fstrnyou is offline   Reply With Quote
 Old 06-11-2019, 08:40 PM   #7

180mph is an unknown quantity at this point
Not Ranked  0 score     

I'm in a similar boat. I have a smoking k04 and have been lurking the forums for the past month trying to decide on my goals for the car. I have all of the "bolt ons" so the turbo is the next logical progression.

To me it seems like the options are really between the cs turbo and bnrs3. Don't quote me here but I think the CS turbo is more of a direct bolt on where as the others require other tweaks.

If you do get the cs turbo post back on what you plan to do for tuning. I'm very interested.
180mph is offline   Reply With Quote
 Old 06-11-2019, 09:06 PM   #8

Fstrnyou is the leader of the worldFstrnyou is the leader of the worldFstrnyou is the leader of the worldFstrnyou is the leader of the worldFstrnyou is the leader of the worldFstrnyou is the leader of the worldFstrnyou is the leader of the worldFstrnyou is the leader of the worldFstrnyou is the leader of the worldFstrnyou is the leader of the worldFstrnyou is the leader of the world
Groans: 21
Groaned at 6 Times in 5 Posts
Not Ranked  0 score     

The CS turbo is direct-direct. Can still use stock intake pipe.
I'm fairly certain the S3 requires an upsized inlet pipe.
Versatuner, 3-bar MAP, ITV22, CP-e TMIC
CS Turbo/DP/RP/HPFP/BPV/R-DiffMount
White Widow F-DiffMount, Whiteline RSB
Rear Russian Bushings, Poly FSB Bushings
Magnaflow CBE, ACT 6-puck/Streetlite
JBR Tru-3.5/3-port EBCS/EGR-D
Damond RMM/PMM/OCC/PCV Plate
Other rides:
2014 F-150 XLT SuperCrew Ecoboost
2002 Tacoma ExtCab 2.4L 5spd 2WD
2004 Olds Alero ECOtec 2.2 - Broken
History:
2008 GSX-R 1000 - Stolen
1988 RX-7 TII - Sold (13.467 @ 105.44)
1985 Camaro - Sold (est. 265bhp 5.7 swap, Edelbrock intake & Hooker headers)
http://www.mazdaspeedforums.org/forum/redirect-to/?redirect=http%3A%2F%2Fcse.google.com%2Fcse%3Fcx%3 D007197676933930921148%3Apwlh1e31oxu%23gsc.tab%3D0
Fstrnyou is offline   Reply With Quote
 Old 06-11-2019, 11:12 PM   #9

180mph is an unknown quantity at this point
Not Ranked  0 score     

Agreed, iirc the cs uses a 2.5 inch intake and the bnrs3 uses a 3 inch. It's also a consideration that when installing the bnrs3, you relocate the ECU or do the battery box mod. The ECU harness will rub on the bigger intake (plus the turbo pushing it out slightly) and could cause wire faults down the line.

Edit: grammar
180mph is offline   Reply With Quote
 Old 06-12-2019, 07:19 AM   #10

Jeff23spl is the leader of the worldJeff23spl is the leader of the worldJeff23spl is the leader of the worldJeff23spl is the leader of the worldJeff23spl is the leader of the worldJeff23spl is the leader of the worldJeff23spl is the leader of the worldJeff23spl is the leader of the worldJeff23spl is the leader of the worldJeff23spl is the leader of the worldJeff23spl is the leader of the world
Groans: 2
Groaned at 2 Times in 2 Posts
Not Ranked  0 score     

on a first gen3 You can run 3'' silicone TIH just by removing the ecu splash guard and keep same size battery and rack.
You can even squeeze it there without removing the guard but it will rub against the TB cooling hose and make it leak over time.

For 360 it may not come into play much but larger intake is never a bad thing.
Any restriction before turbo is reported after it, by 2-3 times the lost value. (It affect BAT too)

2007 rusted Speed6... in progress...
1993 Ford Probe KLZE 143dB
2012 Mazda3 Gs-sky 6.5l/100 when transporting speed parts
1989 GM 6.2 diesel pickup
Wife drive 2010 CX7

2007 speed3 burned (i'm proud to ran 12.7s with it)

...Because French Canadian...
Jeff23spl is offline   Reply With Quote