register gallery

Go Back   Mazdaspeed Forums >
MAZDASPEED SECTION
>
Mazdaspeed 3 MZR Gen2 Forums (2010-2013)
> 2010 MS3 - Turbo Induction

Welcome to Mazdaspeed Forums .

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

*When you join MSF as a registered user, there will be No Ads.

*Registered Members get access to the Off Topic Area of the Forum

*Registered Members have an opportunity to upgrade their accounts to VIP, which brings a host of goddies for supporting MSF such as Raffles, Additional Forum Access, More PM Storage, The ability to upload more Images and many other enhancements.

*Registered members also get access to the live chat box!

Bookmark and Share LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
 Old 05-03-2010, 07:14 AM   #1

RacerX78 is the leader of the worldRacerX78 is the leader of the worldRacerX78 is the leader of the worldRacerX78 is the leader of the worldRacerX78 is the leader of the worldRacerX78 is the leader of the worldRacerX78 is the leader of the worldRacerX78 is the leader of the worldRacerX78 is the leader of the worldRacerX78 is the leader of the worldRacerX78 is the leader of the world
Groans: 5
Groaned at 6 Times in 4 Posts
(Thread Starter)
Not Ranked  0 score     
Default Trying to validate getting a new TMIC

Ok I'm trying do most of my modding to my speed right now. I have Motor mount, Test pipe, and CBE. I want to know if its worth getting a TMIC if i plan on not getting tuned and staying with stock boost? If there is a signifigant benefit what is the best one to go with that offers good value, quality & fitment with the Gen2 Speed.
RacerX78 is offline   Reply With Quote
 Old 05-03-2010, 07:19 AM   #2

gsrtype1 is the leader of the worldgsrtype1 is the leader of the worldgsrtype1 is the leader of the worldgsrtype1 is the leader of the worldgsrtype1 is the leader of the worldgsrtype1 is the leader of the worldgsrtype1 is the leader of the worldgsrtype1 is the leader of the worldgsrtype1 is the leader of the worldgsrtype1 is the leader of the worldgsrtype1 is the leader of the world
Thanked 2,676 Times in 710 Posts
Groans: 102
Groaned at 232 Times in 155 Posts
Not Ranked  0 score     

defiantly a good mod even at stock boost. with my ets I get lower boost temps, gained about 1.5-2psi boost and the boost hits quicker too.
 Old 05-03-2010, 07:19 AM   #3
THE NJ NATOR CAUCASIAN

pharoh is the leader of the worldpharoh is the leader of the worldpharoh is the leader of the worldpharoh is the leader of the worldpharoh is the leader of the worldpharoh is the leader of the worldpharoh is the leader of the worldpharoh is the leader of the worldpharoh is the leader of the worldpharoh is the leader of the worldpharoh is the leader of the world
Thanked 29,079 Times in 1,591 Posts
Groans: 50
Groaned at 14 Times in 13 Posts
Not Ranked  0 score     

Don't go TMIC, you will not see THAT much gains untuned and you will still heatsoak in the summer if you're sitting in traffic. If you don't have an intake, I would suggest an SRI and inlet first. If you do, then get a downpipe. It makes a world of difference!
pharoh is offline   Reply With Quote
 Old 05-03-2010, 07:21 AM   #4
KR....i haz it

Blackspeed is the leader of the worldBlackspeed is the leader of the worldBlackspeed is the leader of the worldBlackspeed is the leader of the worldBlackspeed is the leader of the worldBlackspeed is the leader of the worldBlackspeed is the leader of the worldBlackspeed is the leader of the worldBlackspeed is the leader of the worldBlackspeed is the leader of the worldBlackspeed is the leader of the world
Thanked 2,446 Times in 1,055 Posts
Groans: 166
Groaned at 56 Times in 41 Posts
Not Ranked  0 score     

Originally Posted by pharoh View Post
Don't go TMIC, you will not see THAT much gains untuned and you will still heatsoak in the summer if you're sitting in traffic. If you don't have an intake, I would suggest an SRI and inlet first. If you do, then get a downpipe. It makes a world of difference!

you have no clue. true, you dont get much in PEAK gains, but the area under the curve is vastly improved, even untuned. I have no idea whcih ones fit the 2nd gen though. its worth it.

Originally Posted by Say Chi Sin Lo View Post
While the other forum is GREAT for technical/mechanical information and how to, that place is filled with single-minded (if you aren't driving fast, you're doing it wrong), arrogant, and professional douchebags.
Blackspeed is offline   Reply With Quote
 Old 05-03-2010, 07:39 AM   #5
THE NJ NATOR CAUCASIAN

pharoh is the leader of the worldpharoh is the leader of the worldpharoh is the leader of the worldpharoh is the leader of the worldpharoh is the leader of the worldpharoh is the leader of the worldpharoh is the leader of the worldpharoh is the leader of the worldpharoh is the leader of the worldpharoh is the leader of the worldpharoh is the leader of the world
Not Ranked  0 score     

Originally Posted by Blackspeed View Post
you have no clue. true, you dont get much in PEAK gains, but the area under the curve is vastly improved, even untuned. I have no idea whcih ones fit the 2nd gen though. its worth it.
I don't have a clue? LOL! Please stop taking only half of what I say and twisting it around.
I would never replace my stock TMIC for yet another TMIC if all I had was a CBE and Test Pipe. Your gains would be minimal compared to an intake and inlet. And I said you will heat soak when sitting in traffic. I didn't say he wouldn't see any gains.
 Old 05-03-2010, 07:42 AM   #6

RacerX78 is the leader of the worldRacerX78 is the leader of the worldRacerX78 is the leader of the worldRacerX78 is the leader of the worldRacerX78 is the leader of the worldRacerX78 is the leader of the worldRacerX78 is the leader of the worldRacerX78 is the leader of the worldRacerX78 is the leader of the worldRacerX78 is the leader of the worldRacerX78 is the leader of the world
(Thread Starter)
Not Ranked  0 score     

I also forgot to mention i already have a SRI. I don't have to worry about traffic to much in my city. I want to improve the overall powerband, and keep the IAT cooler. My concern is fitment. I've heard some people talk about broken tabs, and some people with Gen2 not able to use the shroud with the ETS kit.
 Old 05-03-2010, 08:18 AM   #7
THE NJ NATOR CAUCASIAN

Not Ranked  0 score     

Several ppl here are running the ETS 3.25" core with no issues except for having to remove the shroud around the IC. If you're keeping the car mild w/o tuning it, you may get some gains and keep your BATs cooler in non-traffic conditions.

Personally I am waiting for CP-E's FMIC because their crashbar is going to be alot beefier than UR's. But it's also going to cost A LOT more than any TMIC.

I still say get a DP before a TMIC, but that's just me. At that point, you will have a full on TBE.
 Old 05-03-2010, 08:30 AM   #8
KR....i haz it

Blackspeed is the leader of the worldBlackspeed is the leader of the worldBlackspeed is the leader of the worldBlackspeed is the leader of the worldBlackspeed is the leader of the worldBlackspeed is the leader of the worldBlackspeed is the leader of the worldBlackspeed is the leader of the worldBlackspeed is the leader of the worldBlackspeed is the leader of the worldBlackspeed is the leader of the world
Not Ranked  0 score     

Originally Posted by pharoh View Post
I don't have a clue? LOL! Please stop taking only half of what I say and twisting it around.
I would never replace my stock TMIC for yet another TMIC if all I had was a CBE and Test Pipe. Your gains would be minimal compared to an intake and inlet. And I said you will heat soak when sitting in traffic. I didn't say he wouldn't see any gains.
Im not twisting anything. I quoted what you said entirely, which included "you will only see minimal gains" and "dont get a tmic". Have you ever had a TMIC? what you said was incorrect and I actually have proof. do you?

While the other forum is GREAT for technical/mechanical information and how to, that place is filled with single-minded (if you aren't driving fast, you're doing it wrong), arrogant, and professional douchebags.
 Old 05-03-2010, 08:32 AM   #9

(Thread Starter)
Not Ranked  0 score     

Thats good to know. Later on when i go BT and new internals and fully tuned i'll be doing a FMIC to. For now i'm trying to stay warranty friendly. I know the DP will make more power but the TMIC is should keep the engine safer and keep knock at bay. Now i just need to decide which one to get.
 Old 05-03-2010, 08:34 AM   #10

mike8748 is the leader of the worldmike8748 is the leader of the worldmike8748 is the leader of the worldmike8748 is the leader of the worldmike8748 is the leader of the worldmike8748 is the leader of the worldmike8748 is the leader of the worldmike8748 is the leader of the worldmike8748 is the leader of the worldmike8748 is the leader of the worldmike8748 is the leader of the world
Groaned at 4 Times in 3 Posts
Not Ranked  0 score     

Get the new CX-racing FMIC for the MS3, its only $550.00

07'MazdaSpeed3 Stage2+SF 93 FMIC Custom Map
Current Mods: COBB AP, COBB SRI, COBB Inlet, COBB Cold Air Box, COBB Shift Weight, COBB STS, COBB PCV Catch Can, COBB Rear Sway Bar, M3M FMIC, TWM Shifter Bushings, FORGE BPV, Nator Rear MM, TurboXS DP, TurboXS RP, TB BYPASS MOD, MSD Dash Hawk, Denso 2-Step Colder plugs, Eibach Springs, BSD, KMD ver2 internals, EGR delete, PTP intake cooler kit, CNT Racing CBE, PG Exhaust Manifold
mike8748 is offline   Reply With Quote
 Old 05-03-2010, 08:37 AM   #11
KR....i haz it

Not Ranked  0 score     

I did the TMIC for warranty purposes also. Its an easy 15 min swap for dealer visits.

Old 05-03-2010, 08:56 AM   #12

(Thread Starter)
Not Ranked  0 score     

Yea thats what i'm looking for a quick swap out if i need to. Are you using the shroud with yours? How do you like the quality of the unit?
 Old 05-03-2010, 09:10 AM   #13
THE NJ NATOR CAUCASIAN

Not Ranked  0 score     

Im not twisting anything. I quoted what you said entirely, which included "you will only see minimal gains" and "dont get a tmic". Have you ever had a TMIC? what you said was incorrect and I actually have proof. do you?
Just because you quoted everything I said doesn't mean you've addressed it. What I said was not incorrect, what you inferred was incorrect. At first he did not state he had the intake so I suggested he do that instead. What I said was:

Originally Posted by Pharoh View Post
you will not see THAT much gains untuned and you will still heatsoak in the summer if you're sitting in traffic.
I didn't say he wouldn't see any gains, but there are other mods he could do that would give better performance for the money.I still stand by my suggestion NOT to go with a TMIC and get the downpipe instead.

Originally Posted by RacerX78 View Post
Thats good to know. Later on when i go BT and new internals and fully tuned i'll be doing a FMIC to. For now i'm trying to stay warranty friendly. I know the DP will make more power but the TMIC is should keep the engine safer and keep knock at bay. Now i just need to decide which one to get.

Sounds like you are decided on getting an upgraded IC. If you are concerned about warranty and want to stock out easily, this is a different beast entirely. I'm at the point now where it would take hours to stock out, so what's the difference if it takes me an extra 2 hrs for an FMIC uninstall. LOL!

I've been to the dealer and I'm pretty sure they've noticed the host of mods I had on there already. Then again, my dealership is pretty good about stuff like this.
 Old 05-03-2010, 12:30 PM   #14

(Thread Starter)
Not Ranked  0 score     

Yea thats while i'm only mildly modding right now. I'm thinking of swaping my SRI for a branded Mazdaspeed CAI so i can be more warranty friendly. I know that no matter which one i pick a TMIC will heat soak when sitting in traffic, i just want something that will take longer to heatsoak and have better cooling properties than stock to help protect the engine. I'm not worried about performance with this car i have a Stage 1 CSRT4 that is a beast. I got the Speed so have something that is fast but can handle at the same time, so stock power is good with me......for now
 Old 05-03-2010, 01:31 PM   #15
THE NJ NATOR CAUCASIAN

Not Ranked  0 score     

Yea thats while i'm only mildly modding right now. I'm thinking of swaping my SRI for a branded Mazdaspeed CAI so i can be more warranty friendly. I know that no matter which one i pick a TMIC will heat soak when sitting in traffic, i just want something that will take longer to heatsoak and have better cooling properties than stock to help protect the engine. I'm not worried about performance with this car i have a Stage 1 CSRT4 that is a beast. I got the Speed so have something that is fast but can handle at the same time, so stock power is good with me......for now
I would say don't even bother with swapping the SRI for a "Mazdaspeed" CAI if its only for warranty purposes. I've heard stories that some dealers would give you flack because they didn't install it even tho it's "Mazdaspeed". They don't even make a true Mazdaspeed CAI for the 2010's, people are just running the Gen 1 Mazdaspeed CAI in an SRI configuration because the piping is somewhat different (there's a thread about that somewhere on the 2nd gen forums with someone who did just that).

Funny, there is another person I know on this board w/ a Gen2 and an SRT4 as well. He says the same thing you do about using the SRT4 as his go-fast car because its cheaper and faster.
 Old 05-05-2010, 05:27 AM   #16
KR....i haz it

Not Ranked  0 score     

Dont worry about taking off the intake, unless you blow the motor. If the dealer hounds you about an intake, you should not be taking your car there.

The Following User Says Thank You to Blackspeed For This Useful Post:
CCC (05-07-2010)
 Old 05-06-2010, 09:17 PM   #17

Aetherfury is the leader of the worldAetherfury is the leader of the worldAetherfury is the leader of the worldAetherfury is the leader of the worldAetherfury is the leader of the worldAetherfury is the leader of the worldAetherfury is the leader of the worldAetherfury is the leader of the worldAetherfury is the leader of the worldAetherfury is the leader of the worldAetherfury is the leader of the world
Thanked 1,084 Times in 362 Posts
Groaned at 6 Times in 5 Posts
Not Ranked  0 score     

I'm also considering the ETS TMIC as my last mod for a while. With the new baby here I don't think I'm going to do downpipe + standback + HPFP until things settle down (and my wife goes back to work haha)

I would rather have a FMIC overall but I would rather have a quick install with some decent gains, and I'm not touching my crash bar until I see one that looks like stock.

Plus seems like good horsepower for ~$550-$600
 Old 05-06-2010, 09:24 PM   #18

snailD is the leader of the worldsnailD is the leader of the worldsnailD is the leader of the worldsnailD is the leader of the worldsnailD is the leader of the worldsnailD is the leader of the worldsnailD is the leader of the worldsnailD is the leader of the worldsnailD is the leader of the worldsnailD is the leader of the worldsnailD is the leader of the world
Thanked 3,275 Times in 1,282 Posts
Groans: 20
Groaned at 25 Times in 18 Posts
Not Ranked  0 score     

Originally Posted by Aetherfury View Post
I'm not touching my crash bar until I see one that looks like stock.
word. it's one thing if it's just you in the car. but with other people and the family riding in the car that would be something you want to know is solid.
[443/409]SAE CORRECTED -------------245 DZ102 / 245 NT01
snailD is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to snailD For This Useful Post:
Aetherfury (05-07-2010)
 Old 05-07-2010, 02:06 AM   #19

(Thread Starter)
Not Ranked  0 score     

I went ahead and order the ETS TMIC, but they are on back order so it will be about 3 wks before they come in. This and the they RSB i order will be my last mod for a while i don't want to do to much while i'm untuned. This is my DD i want to be able to drive it and not have to worry about going BOOM! Its fast enough for what i want to do with it.
 Old 05-07-2010, 04:05 AM   #20

Aetherfury is the leader of the worldAetherfury is the leader of the worldAetherfury is the leader of the worldAetherfury is the leader of the worldAetherfury is the leader of the worldAetherfury is the leader of the worldAetherfury is the leader of the worldAetherfury is the leader of the worldAetherfury is the leader of the worldAetherfury is the leader of the worldAetherfury is the leader of the world
Thanked 1,084 Times in 362 Posts
Groaned at 6 Times in 5 Posts
Not Ranked  0 score     

RacerX, I will be waiting for your writeup on the TMIC =)
 Old 05-07-2010, 06:11 AM   #21

DreamReaver is a splendid one to beholdDreamReaver is a splendid one to beholdDreamReaver is a splendid one to beholdDreamReaver is a splendid one to beholdDreamReaver is a splendid one to beholdDreamReaver is a splendid one to beholdDreamReaver is a splendid one to behold
Groans: 0
Groaned at 0 Times in 0 Posts
Not Ranked  0 score     

I'll be ordering my ETS TMIC soon from SU, and will do a write-up on it. I'm also calling them and asking them to fit the shroud for the Gen 2 so I can actually use it for what it's intended for rather than leaving it off and hoping the gap is sealed properly and heat soak isn't going amuck.
With each book in the Planeswalkers series, B.T. Robertson writes with greater power and ease. With this installment, he proves to be a master of his craft, on par with the best fantasy writers of the day. - David Farland, NYT Best-Selling Author of the Runelords
DreamReaver is offline   Reply With Quote
 Old 05-07-2010, 07:31 AM   #22

(Thread Starter)
Not Ranked  0 score     

Originally Posted by Aetherfury View Post
RacerX, I will be waiting for your writeup on the TMIC =)
I'm doing it as a pre-caution to keep the intake temps down & knock away. I'm not really trying to add any power to the car. I 'd like to get some type of way of monitoring knock and IAT.

Originally Posted by DreamReaver View Post
I'll be ordering my ETS TMIC soon from SU, and will do a write-up on it. I'm also calling them and asking them to fit the shroud for the Gen 2 so I can actually use it for what it's intended for rather than leaving it off and hoping the gap is sealed properly and heat soak isn't going amuck.
I emailed them today to make sure that mine is setup for a my speed3.
 Old 05-07-2010, 07:40 AM   #23

mzdaspeed3 has a reputation beyond reputemzdaspeed3 has a reputation beyond reputemzdaspeed3 has a reputation beyond reputemzdaspeed3 has a reputation beyond reputemzdaspeed3 has a reputation beyond reputemzdaspeed3 has a reputation beyond reputemzdaspeed3 has a reputation beyond reputemzdaspeed3 has a reputation beyond reputemzdaspeed3 has a reputation beyond reputemzdaspeed3 has a reputation beyond reputemzdaspeed3 has a reputation beyond repute
Groans: 2
Groaned at 1 Time in 1 Post
Not Ranked  0 score     

I have a tmic from SU on my gen2 fits great Very very min heat soak i live in san antonio tx after driving home in traffic tmic cool to the touch.
mzdaspeed3 is offline   Reply With Quote
 Old 05-07-2010, 07:44 AM   #24

TRex is the leader of the worldTRex is the leader of the worldTRex is the leader of the worldTRex is the leader of the worldTRex is the leader of the worldTRex is the leader of the worldTRex is the leader of the worldTRex is the leader of the worldTRex is the leader of the worldTRex is the leader of the worldTRex is the leader of the world
Thanked 3,629 Times in 1,381 Posts
Groaned at 106 Times in 69 Posts
Not Ranked  0 score     

this may be a little off topic but do any of you guys have a dashhawk? i was curious how the BATs compare between gen1 and gen2 with you guys have the hoodscoop....

anyway i will be getting a ets in the near future...same reasons...want to be able to easy swap back to the dealer as i have just under 13k on it....looking forward to freeing up 1 or 2 psi with this thing

reason i didnt go the downpipe route is because it really requires a tune...i feel you can get away with a tmic/intake/testpipe without a tune (but monitor just to be sure obviously)....i really consider a dp a stage3+ mod where tmic/intake/testpipe will keep you pegged in stage 1-2
TRex is offline   Reply With Quote
 Old 05-07-2010, 07:57 AM   #25

DreamReaver is a splendid one to beholdDreamReaver is a splendid one to beholdDreamReaver is a splendid one to beholdDreamReaver is a splendid one to beholdDreamReaver is a splendid one to beholdDreamReaver is a splendid one to beholdDreamReaver is a splendid one to behold
Not Ranked  0 score     

Originally Posted by TRex View Post
this may be a little off topic but do any of you guys have a dashhawk? i was curious how the BATs compare between gen1 and gen2 with you guys have the hoodscoop....

anyway i will be getting a ets in the near future...same reasons...want to be able to easy swap back to the dealer as i have just under 13k on it....looking forward to freeing up 1 or 2 psi with this thing

reason i didnt go the downpipe route is because it really requires a tune...i feel you can get away with a tmic/intake/testpipe without a tune (but monitor just to be sure obviously)....i really consider a dp a stage3+ mod where tmic/intake/testpipe will keep you pegged in stage 1-2
I'm in the same boat you are. I'm going the TMIC/Intake route (no test pipe because I'm in PA and emissions standards are a literal bitch) and leaving the rest alone because of this tune business. I'm reading a lot, but it's still a foreign language to me. Still, seeing how the BATs change when the TMIC upgrade goes in would be a cool comparison. I'm sure it drops the temps by 15-20+ degrees, but without proof we don't know.
With each book in the Planeswalkers series, B.T. Robertson writes with greater power and ease. With this installment, he proves to be a master of his craft, on par with the best fantasy writers of the day. - David Farland, NYT Best-Selling Author of the Runelords
 Old 05-07-2010, 08:16 AM   #26

(Thread Starter)
Not Ranked  0 score     

Originally Posted by TRex View Post

The DH doesn't support the 2010 Speed. Now if that means that if connected it wont display any data or just some things won't be displayed. I want to monitor whats going on to but i'm not sure what i use. I know the scangauge works but i don't think it monitors as much. I want to be able to monitor IAT, BAT, Knock, boost & Timing.
 Old 05-07-2010, 08:24 AM   #27
KR....i haz it

Not Ranked  0 score     

Originally Posted by DreamReaver View Post
I'm in the same boat you are. I'm going the TMIC/Intake route (no test pipe because I'm in PA and emissions standards are a literal bitch) and leaving the rest alone because of this tune business. I'm reading a lot, but it's still a foreign language to me. Still, seeing how the BATs change when the TMIC upgrade goes in would be a cool comparison. I'm sure it drops the temps by 15-20+ degrees, but without proof we don't know.
It doesnt matter that your in PA. Removing any part of the emissions system is a federal violation. The only reason you will fail is if they do a visual inspection. You can get around this by gutting the stock cat.

Old 05-07-2010, 08:28 AM   #28

prspect will become famous soon enoughprspect will become famous soon enough
Not Ranked  0 score     

I love my ETS. Best mod so far!!
prspect is offline   Reply With Quote
 Old 05-07-2010, 08:33 AM   #29

Not Ranked  0 score     

It doesnt matter that your in PA. Removing any part of the emissions system is a federal violation. The only reason you will fail is if they do a visual inspection. You can get around this by gutting the stock cat.
Well yes, true.
 Old 05-07-2010, 10:25 AM   #30

TRex is the leader of the worldTRex is the leader of the worldTRex is the leader of the worldTRex is the leader of the worldTRex is the leader of the worldTRex is the leader of the worldTRex is the leader of the worldTRex is the leader of the worldTRex is the leader of the worldTRex is the leader of the worldTRex is the leader of the world
Not Ranked  0 score     

The DH doesn't support the 2010 Speed. Now if that means that if connected it wont display any data or just some things won't be displayed. I want to monitor whats going on to but i'm not sure what i use. I know the scangauge works but i don't think it monitors as much. I want to be able to monitor IAT, BAT, Knock, boost & Timing.
DH will work on gen2 but not all of the same sensors will be displayed...not sure which one...we had a discussion about this on the other forum and i dont remember which settings couldnt be used but i know more than half still can be
 Old 05-07-2010, 10:31 AM   #31

Not Ranked  0 score     

ok found....all of the sensors work except for the MAZDA specific ones

these

Mazda Specific Parameters
Air
Boost Air Temperature – temperature of the intake air after the intercooler in turbocharged applications
Fuel
Commanded Air Fuel Ratio – Air Fuel Ratio (AFR) being commanded by the PCM
Air Fuel Ratio from Sensor – O2 sensor (wide band) feedback reading of the AFR
Fuel Injection Amt – average fuel amount in milligrams per cylinder for the injection event
Spark
Spark Knock Retard - knock retard in degrees being subtracted from the Spark Advance
Sensors
Actual Pedal Position - position of the accelerator pedal ( in %)
MAF Volts – voltage being reported by the PCM from the Mass Air Flow meter.
Actuators
Fan Duty Cycle % - commanded duty cycle for the electric fan ( in %)
Actual Intake Valve Timing – timing (in degrees) of the intake valve portion of the Variable Valve Timing
system
WasteGate Solenoid DC % - duty cycle of the wastegate solenoid (in %) for turbocharged applications
Desired RPM – Idle RPM commanded by the PCM
Differential Intake Valve Timing – differential in degrees of the intake valve timing
Valve Timing Solenoid DC % - Duty Cycle in % of the solenoid controlling the Variable Valve Timing System

but some of these are covered in the standard dashhawk settings

i attached the manual if you want to give it a look over to see if the standard PIDs will supplement the mazda specific PIDs or if you can just live without them
Attached Files
File Type: pdf DashHawk_Gen_II_User_Guide.pdf (5.33 MB, 3 views)

Last edited by TRex; 05-07-2010 at 12:00 PM.
The Following User Says Thank You to TRex For This Useful Post:
Blackspeed (05-07-2010)
 Old 05-07-2010, 12:50 PM   #32

(Thread Starter)
Not Ranked  0 score     

So are you saying that for 10' the DH does display Knock, MAP, BAT/IAT, AFR?
 Old 05-07-2010, 01:12 PM   #33
KR....i haz it

Not Ranked  0 score     

the ones he listed are NOT displayed by the DH.

Old 05-07-2010, 01:37 PM   #34

(Thread Starter)
Not Ranked  0 score     

I'm trying to find the section in the manual that shows the standard PID's.
 Old 05-07-2010, 01:45 PM   #35

Not Ranked  0 score     

standard PIDs are displayed on pages A-1 to A-8 not including GM PIDs

i am unsure if there is a standard knock PID for our vehicle or if the Mazda only one is the only one available...i will test this on my way home