register gallery

Go Back   Mazdaspeed Forums >
MAZDASPEED SECTION
>
Mazdaspeed 3 MZR Gen2 Forums (2010-2013)
> 2010 MS3 - Suspension & Brakes

Welcome to Mazdaspeed Forums .

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

*When you join MSF as a registered user, there will be No Ads.

*Registered Members get access to the Off Topic Area of the Forum

*Registered Members have an opportunity to upgrade their accounts to VIP, which brings a host of goddies for supporting MSF such as Raffles, Additional Forum Access, More PM Storage, The ability to upload more Images and many other enhancements.

*Registered members also get access to the live chat box!
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By spl

Bookmark and Share LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
 Old 10-12-2015, 03:39 PM   #1
spl

spl is the leader of the worldspl is the leader of the worldspl is the leader of the worldspl is the leader of the worldspl is the leader of the worldspl is the leader of the worldspl is the leader of the worldspl is the leader of the worldspl is the leader of the worldspl is the leader of the worldspl is the leader of the world
Groans: 1
Groaned at 1 Time in 1 Post
(Thread Starter)
Not Ranked  0 score     
Default Easy OEM Front Sway Bar Bushing Replacement

There's a few threads on doing this on a Gen1 but I didn't see anything specific to the Gen2.
This takes around an hour. I chose to use OEM bushings because they are cheap, plug and play and easy to source. If you have a front end clunk this is where I would start.
You will need:
OEM PN: B37F-34-156B (x2), these are about $14/ea (I paid in CAD)
1 jack,
2 jack stands,
Torque wrench and breaker bar,
17mm socket,
14 or 15mm wrench+ratchet (depending on your end links),
Wheel removal tools,
Some penetrating lube,
Grease.

Jack up the car, place on stands and remove the wheel.

Use penetrating oil as required:

Remove your endlink from the strut.

Remove the (2) 17mm bolts that secure the rear lower control arm bushing to the subframe and the oem bushing bracket.

Lift the end link up and let it rest on the spring like this:

Now you can pull the oem bushing out of the bracket/dust cover.

This was my old bushing. Didn't look too bad

Grease up the new bushing and stuff it back in underneath the bracket and make sure you aligned it properly.

Take the endlink off the spring and let the bracket rest above the LCA.

Take a jack and jack up on the bushing like this until you can feed the 17mm bolts through the holes and the bracket and tighten it back up. I torqued mine to 110ftlb.

Put the endlink back in the strut and you're ready for the other side.
Awal likes this.
Awal (10-14-2015), ksto3 (04-01-2018), mazdaspeedmyk (10-20-2015), ruthless013 (04-22-2018), speedfreak44 (10-12-2015), Ziggyboy (10-12-2015)
 Old 10-12-2015, 06:20 PM   #2

Ziggyboy is the leader of the worldZiggyboy is the leader of the worldZiggyboy is the leader of the worldZiggyboy is the leader of the worldZiggyboy is the leader of the worldZiggyboy is the leader of the worldZiggyboy is the leader of the worldZiggyboy is the leader of the worldZiggyboy is the leader of the worldZiggyboy is the leader of the worldZiggyboy is the leader of the world
Groaned at 2 Times in 1 Post
Not Ranked  0 score     

Always good to have another walk through. Thanks!
 Old 10-14-2015, 03:25 PM   #3

Awal is the leader of the worldAwal is the leader of the worldAwal is the leader of the worldAwal is the leader of the worldAwal is the leader of the worldAwal is the leader of the worldAwal is the leader of the worldAwal is the leader of the worldAwal is the leader of the worldAwal is the leader of the worldAwal is the leader of the world
Groaned at 3 Times in 3 Posts
Not Ranked  0 score     

Nice write up spl, short and sweet. so glad this cured yer front end clunk, clunks from the front or rear are hella annoying..

2013 LSM W/ Tech
CORKSPORTFull Race RMM CORKSPORTPMM CORKSPORTTMM CORKSPORTTMIC(temporarily uninstalled for Warranty BS) CORKSPORTECU RELOCATION BATTERY BOX(temporarily uninstalled for Warranty BS) CORKSPORTSSP CORKSPORTSHIFTER BUSHINGS CORKSPORT3.5" POWER SERIES SRI/TIP(temporarily uninstalled for Warranty BS) CORKSPORTBPV(temporarily uninstalled for Warranty BS) CORKSPORTRSB @ Full Stiff CORKSPORTMid Chassis Brace CORKSPORTHood Struts + decals for 20whp CORKSPORTLicense Plate Frames
COBBAP v3 w/ Window Mount
AUTOTECHHPFP INTERNALS

ToBeInstalled:
CORKSPORTFull Catless TBE, Rear Trunk Brace, Adjustable FELs, Cold Air Box (modified for 3.5")
dbaDBA42962S Front and Rear Rotors
StopTechRear Braided SS brake lines
JBROCC & VTA OCC kit, EGR BO, Boost Tubes
Cooling MistWMI kit
StratifiedCustom Tune (as soon as TBE is on)

On Deck
wilwoodFastbrakes DP4front Caliper kit (w/ bp-10 pads and braided SS fr lines)
Hawk PerformanceHB478F.605 or HB478Z.605 rear pads
BilsteinB16s
Awal is offline   Reply With Quote
 Old 10-19-2015, 10:12 PM   #4

Fusion_MS3 is a glorious beacon of lightFusion_MS3 is a glorious beacon of lightFusion_MS3 is a glorious beacon of lightFusion_MS3 is a glorious beacon of lightFusion_MS3 is a glorious beacon of light
Groans: 0
Groaned at 1 Time in 1 Post
Not Ranked  0 score     

Nice write up.
Fusion_MS3 is offline   Reply With Quote
 Old 11-16-2017, 03:31 PM   #5

Benny71 will become famous soon enoughBenny71 will become famous soon enough
Groans: 0
Groaned at 0 Times in 0 Posts
Not Ranked  0 score     
Default My GenOne Experience

For anyone with a GenOne,I just did this on my 2008 and went at it the same way SPL did except with a slight twist. I disconnected all three bolts front and back of the lower control arm and pushed it away from the subframe and just let it hang, leaving the ball joint connected. This gave me much better access, it's still a a small space to work in.

Using a 14 mm closed end wrench and a 4 lb. hand sledge I was able to break the bolts loose. Then I used a 14 mm swivel head ratchet wrench to get the bolts the rest of the way out, this is a must if you don't want be doing this all day.

Hope this motivates anybody putting this off like I did because I knew that access was going to be a bitch. Thanks to SPL for the insight in the write up, it wasn't that much of a pain in the ass. Only took me about 2.5 hrs.
Benny71 is offline   Reply With Quote
 Old 12-30-2017, 05:56 PM   #6

eliwwjd has a reputation beyond reputeeliwwjd has a reputation beyond reputeeliwwjd has a reputation beyond reputeeliwwjd has a reputation beyond reputeeliwwjd has a reputation beyond reputeeliwwjd has a reputation beyond reputeeliwwjd has a reputation beyond reputeeliwwjd has a reputation beyond reputeeliwwjd has a reputation beyond reputeeliwwjd has a reputation beyond reputeeliwwjd has a reputation beyond repute
Groans: 3
Groaned at 61 Times in 34 Posts
Not Ranked  0 score     

Does anybody happen to know any remarkable difference between the oem bushings vs. jbr?
I bought oem ones but then was second thinking that maybe I should of bought the jbr ones but don't know if its all the same thing performance wise
Forge BPV V2//COBB AP V3// COBB DP //ETS TMIC//AUTOTECH HPFP//JBR SRI//JBR TIP//JBR COOLANT BYPASS KIT//JBR DISI HOSES//JBR BYPASS HOSE//JBR THROTTLE BODY THERMAL GASKETS//JBR SHIFTER BUSHINGS// //RACING BEAT CBE//DAMOND MOTORSPORTS OCC//CS RMM//CS LED KIT//CS LED FOGS//CBI OSRAM HID BULBS//CONTI EXTREME CONTACT 225/40 R18//RACESENG SHIFT KNOB//FREEKTUNED ON 93 PUMP GAS

eliwwjd is offline   Reply With Quote
 Old 12-30-2017, 06:32 PM   #7

5doorsoffury is the leader of the world5doorsoffury is the leader of the world5doorsoffury is the leader of the world5doorsoffury is the leader of the world5doorsoffury is the leader of the world5doorsoffury is the leader of the world5doorsoffury is the leader of the world5doorsoffury is the leader of the world5doorsoffury is the leader of the world5doorsoffury is the leader of the world5doorsoffury is the leader of the world
Groans: 72
Groaned at 7 Times in 6 Posts
Not Ranked  0 score     

Originally Posted by eliwwjd View Post
Does anybody happen to know any remarkable difference between the oem bushings vs. jbr?
I bought oem ones but then was second thinking that maybe I should of bought the jbr ones but don't know if its all the same thing performance wise
Hey good to know your still alive after the hurricane.
PTE 5858 Vband .82ar // Tial EWG // CPE Mani // 3" Turboback // JBR Under route hot pipe // MD ST mani+spacer with PI // Siemens 60lb Injectors // Splitsecond inj controller // JBR 88 duro RMM/TMM // MD PMM // TWM Full replacement shifter // JBR CC // Autotech FP Internals // SP63 SB/Manley rods SP63 pro pistons // Treadstone FMIC TR824 // FoMoCo Tranny Jizz // South Bend Clutch Stage 3 enduro// GFB Respons // FJ 4" intake // WMI 100% VPM1 // Air Lift 1000 in rear // N2MB WOT BOX
Rfinkle tune in progress

The Brooklyn beater: 2005 1.8 Auto Sentra

5doorsoffury is offline   Reply With Quote
 Old 12-30-2017, 06:42 PM   #8

eliwwjd has a reputation beyond reputeeliwwjd has a reputation beyond reputeeliwwjd has a reputation beyond reputeeliwwjd has a reputation beyond reputeeliwwjd has a reputation beyond reputeeliwwjd has a reputation beyond reputeeliwwjd has a reputation beyond reputeeliwwjd has a reputation beyond reputeeliwwjd has a reputation beyond reputeeliwwjd has a reputation beyond reputeeliwwjd has a reputation beyond repute
Groans: 3
Groaned at 61 Times in 34 Posts
Not Ranked  0 score     

Originally Posted by 5doorsoffury View Post
Hey good to know your still alive after the hurricane.
Thanks guy! we are still recovering from that dam hurricane Maria, that thing was a monster!
to be honest i do not want to ever in my entire life want to go through that again, Jesus that shit was scary as hell
Forge BPV V2//COBB AP V3// COBB DP //ETS TMIC//AUTOTECH HPFP//JBR SRI//JBR TIP//JBR COOLANT BYPASS KIT//JBR DISI HOSES//JBR BYPASS HOSE//JBR THROTTLE BODY THERMAL GASKETS//JBR SHIFTER BUSHINGS// //RACING BEAT CBE//DAMOND MOTORSPORTS OCC//CS RMM//CS LED KIT//CS LED FOGS//CBI OSRAM HID BULBS//CONTI EXTREME CONTACT 225/40 R18//RACESENG SHIFT KNOB//FREEKTUNED ON 93 PUMP GAS

eliwwjd is offline   Reply With Quote