register gallery

Go Back   Mazdaspeed Forums >
MAZDASPEED SECTION
>
Mazdaspeed 3 MZR Gen2 Forums (2010-2013)
> 2010 MS3 - Suspension & Brakes

Notices

Welcome to Mazdaspeed Forums .

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

*When you join MSF as a registered user, there will be No Ads.

*Registered Members get access to the Off Topic Area of the Forum

*Registered Members have an opportunity to upgrade their accounts to VIP, which brings a host of goddies for supporting MSF such as Raffles, Additional Forum Access, More PM Storage, The ability to upload more Images and many other enhancements.

*Registered members also get access to the live chat box!
Like Tree4Likes
  • 2 Post By nextgenerationx1
  • 2 Post By nextgenerationx1

Bookmark and Share LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
 Old 11-14-2011, 07:56 PM   #1

nextgenerationx1 is the leader of the worldnextgenerationx1 is the leader of the worldnextgenerationx1 is the leader of the worldnextgenerationx1 is the leader of the worldnextgenerationx1 is the leader of the worldnextgenerationx1 is the leader of the worldnextgenerationx1 is the leader of the worldnextgenerationx1 is the leader of the worldnextgenerationx1 is the leader of the worldnextgenerationx1 is the leader of the worldnextgenerationx1 is the leader of the world
Groans: 6
Groaned at 27 Times in 13 Posts
(Thread Starter)
Not Ranked  0 score     
Default eibach spring review

when i searched eibach or h&r springs, i always see ride height comparison. as advertised, the eibach is the less aggressive drop of the 2. and comparing pictures it all depends since the advertised drop is an average drop so u will see eibach just as low as h&r or tad bit higher.

well i went and got eibachs from tire rack and got to install with with the nator ny crew! the drop is nice, it was what i was looking for, not to low but lower than stock since it looks like a cx-7. well no more! i would like the drop of the h&r but ny roads suck! so my first impression of the ride was hmmm not bad. the stock suspension already handled great. so would getting lowering springs make our cars handle any better? yes n no, obv it didn't blow my struts yet since i only have 200 miles on em, the ride is a little harsher than stock when hitting hard bumps. but otherwise it just rides like stock on normal conditions. BUT, i feel its a lil bouncy at times. nothing crazy. so i feel thats the compromise you get with these springs on stock struts. hard cornering? i haven't gotten crazy just yet, but took some on/off ramps and the car feels nice around the coner, it feels tighter for sure. so how do you weight it? thats all what your willing to accept and give up for a lowering springs on stock struts. thats my feedback from the springs thats been on for a couple of days. but so far my impression is pretty nice. if there is such a thing with "settling" i'll post in about a week any updates. i feel i have more to say but can't it thru my finger tips on to the comp. i'm tired but felt like i needed to post this, ha i'll update some more.
KMD internals, CPE safe seals, GFB turbo fuse, Turbosmart 50/50

JBR tranny mount, AWR dogbone, Turbine Tech front/rear diff mount, Whiteline Rsb,
AWR rear adjustable endlinks, BC coils (suckie), OZ Ultraleggeras,

waiting to install Devils own meth kit,

ATVFREEK tuned!

PS: Forever BT slow
nextgenerationx1 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to nextgenerationx1 For This Useful Post:
Boatcop1 (04-10-2012), Nliiitend1 (12-26-2011), sadak (07-02-2013)
 Old 11-14-2011, 08:00 PM   #2

nextgenerationx1 is the leader of the worldnextgenerationx1 is the leader of the worldnextgenerationx1 is the leader of the worldnextgenerationx1 is the leader of the worldnextgenerationx1 is the leader of the worldnextgenerationx1 is the leader of the worldnextgenerationx1 is the leader of the worldnextgenerationx1 is the leader of the worldnextgenerationx1 is the leader of the worldnextgenerationx1 is the leader of the worldnextgenerationx1 is the leader of the world
(Thread Starter)
Not Ranked  0 score     

Couple pics
edit: couple more here, post 640 (page16)
http://www.mazdaspeedforums.org/foru...9/index16.html

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Attached Images
File Type: jpg ImageUploadedByTapatalk1321329515.158930.jpg (179.7 KB, 520 views)
File Type: jpg ImageUploadedByTapatalk1321329572.953052.jpg (186.9 KB, 416 views)

JBR tranny mount, AWR dogbone, Turbine Tech front/rear diff mount, Whiteline Rsb,

ATVFREEK tuned!

The Following User Says Thank You to nextgenerationx1 For This Useful Post:
Boatcop1 (04-10-2012)
 Old 11-21-2011, 12:57 PM   #3

Slipped has a spectacular aura aboutSlipped has a spectacular aura about
Groans: 0
Groaned at 0 Times in 0 Posts
Not Ranked  0 score     

Looks good. Is that Velocity Red Mica? It looks more orange in these pictures.
Slipped is offline   Reply With Quote
 Old 11-21-2011, 01:01 PM   #4

BigJimMs3 is the leader of the worldBigJimMs3 is the leader of the worldBigJimMs3 is the leader of the worldBigJimMs3 is the leader of the worldBigJimMs3 is the leader of the worldBigJimMs3 is the leader of the worldBigJimMs3 is the leader of the worldBigJimMs3 is the leader of the worldBigJimMs3 is the leader of the worldBigJimMs3 is the leader of the worldBigJimMs3 is the leader of the world
Thanked 6,328 Times in 2,441 Posts
Groans: 75
Groaned at 22 Times in 20 Posts
Not Ranked  0 score     

Originally Posted by nextgenerationx1 View Post
Couple pics

Alittle off topic. but how much did it run you for the black on the back bumper? Im considering doing this i like how it would match the front...

BigJimMs3 is offline   Reply With Quote
 Old 11-21-2011, 01:16 PM   #5

(Thread Starter)
Not Ranked  0 score     

Originally Posted by Slipped View Post
Looks good. Is that Velocity Red Mica? It looks more orange in these pictures.
yes its velocity red.

Originally Posted by BigJimMs3 View Post
Alittle off topic. but how much did it run you for the black on the back bumper? Im considering doing this i like how it would match the front...
5-7 bucks? i used a rattle can of plasti-dip, tape the area off.
came out really good, lines r nice and straight looks like a pro did it haha
melbaro and ms3j like this.

ATVFREEK tuned!

Old 11-21-2011, 06:04 PM   #6

genrec is a glorious beacon of lightgenrec is a glorious beacon of lightgenrec is a glorious beacon of lightgenrec is a glorious beacon of lightgenrec is a glorious beacon of lightgenrec is a glorious beacon of light
Groaned at 5 Times in 3 Posts
Not Ranked  0 score     

Do you have some up close pics of the drop....

Last edited by genrec; 11-21-2011 at 06:32 PM.
genrec is offline   Reply With Quote
 Old 11-21-2011, 06:05 PM   #7

xx5PEEDxx is the leader of the worldxx5PEEDxx is the leader of the worldxx5PEEDxx is the leader of the worldxx5PEEDxx is the leader of the worldxx5PEEDxx is the leader of the worldxx5PEEDxx is the leader of the worldxx5PEEDxx is the leader of the worldxx5PEEDxx is the leader of the worldxx5PEEDxx is the leader of the worldxx5PEEDxx is the leader of the worldxx5PEEDxx is the leader of the world
Groans: 5
Groaned at 3 Times in 3 Posts
Not Ranked  0 score     

Looks Pretty Good! Im considering buying eibach springs. Im just on the fence. I don't want me going the cheaper route (compared to coilovers) to affect ms3's known oustanding handling. On the flipside I dont know if I can justify spending so much money on coilovers. How much did you pay out the door for your springs if you don't mind me asking??? (keep us updated =)
xx5PEEDxx is offline   Reply With Quote
 Old 11-21-2011, 08:43 PM   #8

(Thread Starter)
Not Ranked  0 score     

Originally Posted by xx5PEEDxx View Post
Looks Pretty Good! Im considering buying eibach springs. Im just on the fence. I don't want me going the cheaper route (compared to coilovers) to affect ms3's known oustanding handling. On the flipside I dont know if I can justify spending so much money on coilovers. How much did you pay out the door for your springs if you don't mind me asking??? (keep us updated =)
i paid like 220? from tire rack. it was like 206 and a few bucks for shipping. the drop isn't aggressive so its not so bad with the stock struts.

update! the car rides really really good. the outstanding handling the ms3 is know for is still there will a firmer ride around the corners. a week later and a couple hundred miles on it, i love it. the bunchiness i was talking about when i first installed is non existent and its great. get it!

Originally Posted by genrec View Post
i'll take some pics tomorrow!

ATVFREEK tuned!

Last edited by nextgenerationx1; 11-21-2011 at 08:43 PM. Reason: MSF Database - Automerged Doublepost
 Old 11-22-2011, 08:37 AM   #9

(Thread Starter)
Not Ranked  0 score     

Originally Posted by genrec View Post
Heres how it sits now same as before but a couple close up shots

arkangel and []V[]addog like this.

ATVFREEK tuned!

Old 11-22-2011, 05:03 PM   #10

genrec is a glorious beacon of lightgenrec is a glorious beacon of lightgenrec is a glorious beacon of lightgenrec is a glorious beacon of lightgenrec is a glorious beacon of lightgenrec is a glorious beacon of light
Groaned at 5 Times in 3 Posts
Not Ranked  0 score     

Awesome..thanks..not to low. Perfect
genrec is offline   Reply With Quote
 Old 11-22-2011, 05:14 PM   #11

Broxer is the leader of the worldBroxer is the leader of the worldBroxer is the leader of the worldBroxer is the leader of the worldBroxer is the leader of the worldBroxer is the leader of the worldBroxer is the leader of the worldBroxer is the leader of the worldBroxer is the leader of the worldBroxer is the leader of the worldBroxer is the leader of the world
Thanked 1,003 Times in 388 Posts
Groans: 90
Groaned at 13 Times in 10 Posts
Not Ranked  0 score     

Looks good man. I went the H&R route but yours looks just as low as mine. I hear ya on the bounciness. I will be getting some Koni yellows this spring which I hope will help with it. Truthfully I hardly notice it now, funny how you get used to things. I've got about 7k miles on my springs and no blown struts/shocks yet.

SOLD -- 2010 Velocity Mica Red MS3
ATP GTX3071r - Cobb AP(Freek Permed) - CNT Catted DP - UR CBE - DO Stage 2 WMI(80/20) - cp-e TMIC - cp-e xcelXL - cp-e invicid inlet - Grimmspeed MBC - KMD v2.2 hpfp internals - Bosch 3bar MAP - H&R Springs - DDM 6k Raptor Kit - ITV22's - Forge v2 BPV - 225/40/18 Nitto Neogens - SURE RMM
Broxer is offline   Reply With Quote
 Old 11-22-2011, 08:49 PM   #12

xx5PEEDxx is the leader of the worldxx5PEEDxx is the leader of the worldxx5PEEDxx is the leader of the worldxx5PEEDxx is the leader of the worldxx5PEEDxx is the leader of the worldxx5PEEDxx is the leader of the worldxx5PEEDxx is the leader of the worldxx5PEEDxx is the leader of the worldxx5PEEDxx is the leader of the worldxx5PEEDxx is the leader of the worldxx5PEEDxx is the leader of the world
Groaned at 3 Times in 3 Posts
Not Ranked  0 score     

Thanks for the update! Drop looks great!!!!
xx5PEEDxx is offline   Reply With Quote
 Old 12-25-2011, 09:48 PM   #13

Remspeed3 has much to be proud ofRemspeed3 has much to be proud ofRemspeed3 has much to be proud ofRemspeed3 has much to be proud ofRemspeed3 has much to be proud ofRemspeed3 has much to be proud ofRemspeed3 has much to be proud ofRemspeed3 has much to be proud of
Groans: 4
Groaned at 2 Times in 2 Posts
Not Ranked  0 score     

Car looks good with the Eibach's, I like the rear to front rake..my gen one looked lower in the back with the pro-kit.

2011 MS3-LSM w/tech pkg.
MODS:
[CS RMM Inserts]-[CS Trans Insert]-[CS SRI]-[CS L.E.D interior/fog light kit]-[CS springs]-[Hypertech Tune]-[ASA GT-5 wheels]-[20% LLumar Ceramic Tint]

09 MS3 GT-CWP~ SOLD
Remspeed3 is offline   Reply With Quote
 Old 02-18-2012, 04:21 PM   #14

chasgrady will become famous soon enough
Groaned at 1 Time in 1 Post
Not Ranked  0 score     

Did you do camber arms or just leave it as is?
chasgrady is offline   Reply With Quote
 Old 02-18-2012, 04:25 PM   #15

helmetface is the leader of the worldhelmetface is the leader of the worldhelmetface is the leader of the worldhelmetface is the leader of the worldhelmetface is the leader of the worldhelmetface is the leader of the worldhelmetface is the leader of the worldhelmetface is the leader of the worldhelmetface is the leader of the worldhelmetface is the leader of the worldhelmetface is the leader of the world
Thanked 8,241 Times in 3,080 Posts
Groans: 213
Groaned at 68 Times in 50 Posts
Not Ranked  0 score     

In for blown struts/shocks
 Old 03-06-2012, 08:56 AM   #16

andreMS3 will become famous soon enoughandreMS3 will become famous soon enough
Groaned at 7 Times in 2 Posts
Not Ranked  0 score     

I know I am kinda off topic but i would like to know what kind of rims are those?
andreMS3 is offline   Reply With Quote
 Old 03-06-2012, 08:28 PM   #17

(Thread Starter)
Not Ranked  0 score     

Originally Posted by chasgrady View Post
Did you do camber arms or just leave it as is?
as is.

Originally Posted by helmetfail View Post
In for blown struts/shocks
theres so many people who run on stock struts/shocks with more aggressive drop from CS and H&R with no issues, but i will be going koni since tire rack has a sale on em. thanks tho!

Originally Posted by andreMS3 View Post
I know I am kinda off topic but i would like to know what kind of rims are those?
kong zero

ATVFREEK tuned!

Old 03-07-2012, 05:39 AM   #18

IHIERBal has a reputation beyond reputeIHIERBal has a reputation beyond reputeIHIERBal has a reputation beyond reputeIHIERBal has a reputation beyond reputeIHIERBal has a reputation beyond reputeIHIERBal has a reputation beyond reputeIHIERBal has a reputation beyond reputeIHIERBal has a reputation beyond reputeIHIERBal has a reputation beyond reputeIHIERBal has a reputation beyond reputeIHIERBal has a reputation beyond repute
Groaned at 1 Time in 1 Post
Not Ranked  0 score     

Car looks good. Thanks for the review, going to be going with those springs soon.
2010 MS3 purchased 02/11/12 (11,9xx miles) II Headlight Armor yellow fogs II CS RMM insert II CS SRI/TIP II DDM HID Kit low beams 4300k II Plasti-dipped rear valence II Eibach prokit II OEM Rear bumper guard II OEM roof rack II Thule 44" fairing II Privat Akzent 18x8.5+40 II 235/40 Falken Ziex II UltraGauge II Cobb AccessPort II OBX test pipe II AT Fuel Pump Internals II HKS bov VTA II CP-E TMIC II ATP Long Downpipe II CS Shift Plate II Koni Yellows II

Re-tune in progress!

Engine oil : Rotella T6
Oil filter : Motorcraft
IHIERBal is offline   Reply With Quote
 Old 03-12-2012, 07:13 PM   #19

ink28 is the leader of the worldink28 is the leader of the worldink28 is the leader of the worldink28 is the leader of the worldink28 is the leader of the worldink28 is the leader of the worldink28 is the leader of the worldink28 is the leader of the worldink28 is the leader of the worldink28 is the leader of the worldink28 is the leader of the world
Groans: 3
Not Ranked  0 score     

looks even better in person
ink28 is offline   Reply With Quote
 Old 03-12-2012, 07:50 PM   #20

darth_speeder is the leader of the worlddarth_speeder is the leader of the worlddarth_speeder is the leader of the worlddarth_speeder is the leader of the worlddarth_speeder is the leader of the worlddarth_speeder is the leader of the worlddarth_speeder is the leader of the worlddarth_speeder is the leader of the worlddarth_speeder is the leader of the worlddarth_speeder is the leader of the worlddarth_speeder is the leader of the world
Groaned at 9 Times in 8 Posts
Not Ranked  0 score     

I want the h&r's but im scared of my strout fuking up

And im too cheap for konis
 Old 03-13-2012, 05:29 AM   #21
Big Titty Sucker

BLK_MS3 is the leader of the worldBLK_MS3 is the leader of the worldBLK_MS3 is the leader of the worldBLK_MS3 is the leader of the worldBLK_MS3 is the leader of the worldBLK_MS3 is the leader of the worldBLK_MS3 is the leader of the worldBLK_MS3 is the leader of the worldBLK_MS3 is the leader of the worldBLK_MS3 is the leader of the worldBLK_MS3 is the leader of the world
Thanked 1,211 Times in 485 Posts
Groans: 140
Groaned at 20 Times in 19 Posts
Not Ranked  0 score     

Originally Posted by darth_speeder View Post
I want the h&r's but im scared of my strout fuking up

And im too cheap for konis
There are tons of members running a mild drop with OEM shocks/struts with no issues. The Gen 2 has better stuff from the factory then the Gen 1's as well.
BLK_MS3 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to BLK_MS3 For This Useful Post:
Bubba Ho-Tep (03-16-2012)
 Old 04-10-2012, 06:53 PM   #22

Boatcop1 is the leader of the worldBoatcop1 is the leader of the worldBoatcop1 is the leader of the worldBoatcop1 is the leader of the worldBoatcop1 is the leader of the worldBoatcop1 is the leader of the worldBoatcop1 is the leader of the worldBoatcop1 is the leader of the worldBoatcop1 is the leader of the worldBoatcop1 is the leader of the worldBoatcop1 is the leader of the world
Groans: 15
Not Ranked  0 score     

Originally Posted by nextgenerationx1 View Post
Couple pics

Looks great, Thats what I just got. Cannot wait to install em.
Boatcop1 is offline   Reply With Quote