register gallery

Go Back   Mazdaspeed Forums >
MAZDASPEED SECTION
>
Mazdaspeed 3 MZR Gen2 Forums (2010-2013)
> 2010 MS3 - Suspension & Brakes

Notices

Welcome to Mazdaspeed Forums .

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

*When you join MSF as a registered user, there will be No Ads.

*Registered Members get access to the Off Topic Area of the Forum

*Registered Members have an opportunity to upgrade their accounts to VIP, which brings a host of goddies for supporting MSF such as Raffles, Additional Forum Access, More PM Storage, The ability to upload more Images and many other enhancements.

*Registered members also get access to the live chat box!
Like Tree10Likes

Bookmark and Share LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
 Old 08-16-2012, 08:14 PM   #41

texasboy21 is the leader of the worldtexasboy21 is the leader of the worldtexasboy21 is the leader of the worldtexasboy21 is the leader of the worldtexasboy21 is the leader of the worldtexasboy21 is the leader of the worldtexasboy21 is the leader of the worldtexasboy21 is the leader of the worldtexasboy21 is the leader of the worldtexasboy21 is the leader of the worldtexasboy21 is the leader of the world
Groans: 2
Groaned at 12 Times in 8 Posts
Not Ranked  0 score     

Better, low dust pads and clean your wheels with a degreaser like Simple Green. Just hosing off the wheels will remove most of the dust.

2003 A4 1.8TQ - Stage 2+
texasboy21 is offline   Reply With Quote
 Old 08-16-2012, 08:19 PM   #42

crtguns is the leader of the worldcrtguns is the leader of the worldcrtguns is the leader of the worldcrtguns is the leader of the worldcrtguns is the leader of the worldcrtguns is the leader of the worldcrtguns is the leader of the worldcrtguns is the leader of the worldcrtguns is the leader of the worldcrtguns is the leader of the worldcrtguns is the leader of the world
Groans: 1
Groaned at 340 Times in 107 Posts
Not Ranked  0 score     

Originally Posted by Alejo_NIN View Post
this isn't my racecar, it is my DD.
the on in my sig is the racecar.
dude... switch those around.
crtguns is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to crtguns For This Useful Post:
Alejo_NIN (08-17-2012)
 Old 08-16-2012, 09:44 PM   #43

Mizzle is the leader of the worldMizzle is the leader of the worldMizzle is the leader of the worldMizzle is the leader of the worldMizzle is the leader of the worldMizzle is the leader of the worldMizzle is the leader of the worldMizzle is the leader of the worldMizzle is the leader of the worldMizzle is the leader of the worldMizzle is the leader of the world
Thanked 4,171 Times in 1,396 Posts
Groans: 317
Groaned at 188 Times in 104 Posts
Not Ranked  0 score     

Originally Posted by Mizzle View Post
Akebono.
Bringing it to pg. 2 to reinforce.
Mizzle is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Mizzle For This Useful Post:
rfinkle2 (08-17-2012)
 Old 08-17-2012, 11:37 AM   #44

specvspeedfreak is the leader of the worldspecvspeedfreak is the leader of the worldspecvspeedfreak is the leader of the worldspecvspeedfreak is the leader of the worldspecvspeedfreak is the leader of the worldspecvspeedfreak is the leader of the worldspecvspeedfreak is the leader of the worldspecvspeedfreak is the leader of the worldspecvspeedfreak is the leader of the worldspecvspeedfreak is the leader of the worldspecvspeedfreak is the leader of the world
Thanked 1,364 Times in 706 Posts
Groans: 8
Groaned at 54 Times in 27 Posts
Not Ranked  0 score     

maybe @Nliiitend1 can tell us his experience with the stoptech pads since he's had them on for longer now.. I still haven't installed mine.
*COBB: AP, shifter weight *BITWISE: Harness, 3bar BNR: S3v2 *CP-e: Stage 2 RMM ,TMIC *JBR: RSB, EGR delete, WP *GRIMMSPEED: EBCS *TWM: Full Shifter *KDM: HPFP internals *DENSO:ITV22 *FORD: syn trans fluid *OBX: TBE *BILSTEIN: B8 Sport *SWIFT: Spec-R springs *GTSPEC: 4point ladder brace, rear subframe brace *NITTO: NT-05 * Whiteline: BSK *MOOG: F/R endlinks* SPC: Adj. camber arms *MORIMOTO: 5K HID elite
specvspeedfreak is offline   Reply With Quote
 Old 08-17-2012, 11:50 AM   #45

zkrick is the leader of the worldzkrick is the leader of the worldzkrick is the leader of the worldzkrick is the leader of the worldzkrick is the leader of the worldzkrick is the leader of the worldzkrick is the leader of the worldzkrick is the leader of the worldzkrick is the leader of the worldzkrick is the leader of the worldzkrick is the leader of the world
Groans: 25
Groaned at 48 Times in 7 Posts
Not Ranked  0 score     

Just plasti dip your rims.... it will blend in.

2012 Black Mica MazdaSpeed 3 Tech
. H & R Springs . . Sure Counter weight . . Sure anchors . . Sure Shortcut . . Sure RMM . . Injen CAI . . Cobb TIP . . Cobb Tuning XLE BPV . . JBR Knob .

You mad bro?

Originally Posted by Mazdaspeed_3 View Post
I ain't donating shit.....

YOU AND YOUR PUNK ASS HOMMIES CAN

Kick

Fucking

ROCKS!
zkrick is offline   Reply With Quote
 Old 08-17-2012, 11:51 AM   #46
Eatin' Your Tuna

Haltech is the leader of the worldHaltech is the leader of the worldHaltech is the leader of the worldHaltech is the leader of the worldHaltech is the leader of the worldHaltech is the leader of the worldHaltech is the leader of the worldHaltech is the leader of the worldHaltech is the leader of the worldHaltech is the leader of the worldHaltech is the leader of the world
Thanked 41,483 Times in 8,085 Posts
Groans: 244
Groaned at 320 Times in 235 Posts

Carbotech AX6....

Originally Posted by Mazda3Revolution
An intro thread on MSF is like your first day at a State Corrections facility. "Your gonna get tested".
MSF -The HARDCORE Of Mazda High Performance Tech!
Flex Limited Ecoboost - Not Stock

Gen1 MS3 - COBB FMIC V2.0 | COBB SRI | COBB AP Stage 2 W/MSF_V1.08y | COBB 3" Downpipe | COBB CBE | Devil's Own Stage 2 Meth Injection | AST 4300 Coilovers | Haltech Fuel Pump Internals | Rota Torque 18x8 w/ 235/40/18 | ACT 6 PUCK Sprung/Streetlite
Haltech is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Haltech For This Useful Post:
Alejo_NIN (08-17-2012), rfinkle2 (08-17-2012)
 Old 08-17-2012, 12:25 PM   #47

Alejo_NIN is the leader of the worldAlejo_NIN is the leader of the worldAlejo_NIN is the leader of the worldAlejo_NIN is the leader of the worldAlejo_NIN is the leader of the worldAlejo_NIN is the leader of the worldAlejo_NIN is the leader of the worldAlejo_NIN is the leader of the worldAlejo_NIN is the leader of the worldAlejo_NIN is the leader of the worldAlejo_NIN is the leader of the world
Thanked 1,196 Times in 516 Posts
Groans: 87
Groaned at 186 Times in 83 Posts
(Thread Starter)
Not Ranked  0 score     

i'm glad we have so many freaking choices on break pads, perhaps we should change the tittle of this thread and tag it.

radonelement.com
Alejo_NIN is offline   Reply With Quote
 Old 08-17-2012, 12:37 PM   #48

silvapain is the leader of the worldsilvapain is the leader of the worldsilvapain is the leader of the worldsilvapain is the leader of the worldsilvapain is the leader of the worldsilvapain is the leader of the worldsilvapain is the leader of the worldsilvapain is the leader of the worldsilvapain is the leader of the worldsilvapain is the leader of the worldsilvapain is the leader of the world
Thanked 19,050 Times in 4,894 Posts
Groans: 135
Groaned at 40 Times in 36 Posts
Not Ranked  0 score     

Originally Posted by Alejo_NIN View Post
i'm glad we have so many freaking choices on break pads, perhaps we should change the tittle of this thread and tag it.
*fucking
*brake
*title

Tapadatass
Alejo_NIN (08-17-2012), Nliiitend1 (08-17-2012), SLOWHATCH (08-17-2012)
 Old 08-17-2012, 03:17 PM   #49

Nliiitend1 is the leader of the worldNliiitend1 is the leader of the worldNliiitend1 is the leader of the worldNliiitend1 is the leader of the worldNliiitend1 is the leader of the worldNliiitend1 is the leader of the worldNliiitend1 is the leader of the worldNliiitend1 is the leader of the worldNliiitend1 is the leader of the worldNliiitend1 is the leader of the worldNliiitend1 is the leader of the world
Thanked 6,171 Times in 2,572 Posts
Groans: 61
Groaned at 13 Times in 12 Posts
Not Ranked  0 score     

I'm liking the Stoptech Street Performance Pads for street use. They even did a pretty good job at the track, and are more than likely adequate for most drivers on street tires in an MS3.

They do dust more than the Hawk HPS, but IMO it's not unmanageable, and so far mine have been pretty silent.

Nliiitend1 is online now   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Nliiitend1 For This Useful Post:
silvapain (08-17-2012)
 Old 08-17-2012, 03:40 PM   #50

Alejo_NIN is the leader of the worldAlejo_NIN is the leader of the worldAlejo_NIN is the leader of the worldAlejo_NIN is the leader of the worldAlejo_NIN is the leader of the worldAlejo_NIN is the leader of the worldAlejo_NIN is the leader of the worldAlejo_NIN is the leader of the worldAlejo_NIN is the leader of the worldAlejo_NIN is the leader of the worldAlejo_NIN is the leader of the world
(Thread Starter)
Not Ranked  0 score     

so, the fact that most poeple say OEM is the best is worthless as we can see, a lot of you guys are praising other pads besides the OEM.

fucking internet lies to me!

radonelement.com
 Old 08-17-2012, 03:41 PM   #51

silvapain is the leader of the worldsilvapain is the leader of the worldsilvapain is the leader of the worldsilvapain is the leader of the worldsilvapain is the leader of the worldsilvapain is the leader of the worldsilvapain is the leader of the worldsilvapain is the leader of the worldsilvapain is the leader of the worldsilvapain is the leader of the worldsilvapain is the leader of the world
Thanked 19,050 Times in 4,894 Posts
Groans: 135
Groaned at 40 Times in 36 Posts
Not Ranked  0 score     

Originally Posted by Nliiitend1 View Post
I'm liking the Stoptech Street Performance Pads for street use. They even did a pretty good job at the track, and are more than likely adequate for most drivers on street tires in an MS3.

They do dust more than the Hawk HPS, but IMO it's not unmanageable, and so far mine have been pretty silent.
I'm either going with the StopTechs or EBC Yellows for my next street pads.

Tapadatass
breakfstincluded (08-17-2012)
 Old 08-17-2012, 03:45 PM   #52

(Thread Starter)
Not Ranked  0 score     

aren't EBC shitty for this car?

radonelement.com
 Old 08-17-2012, 03:49 PM   #53

breakfstincluded is the leader of the worldbreakfstincluded is the leader of the worldbreakfstincluded is the leader of the worldbreakfstincluded is the leader of the worldbreakfstincluded is the leader of the worldbreakfstincluded is the leader of the worldbreakfstincluded is the leader of the worldbreakfstincluded is the leader of the worldbreakfstincluded is the leader of the worldbreakfstincluded is the leader of the worldbreakfstincluded is the leader of the world
Thanked 4,113 Times in 1,440 Posts
Groans: 259
Groaned at 19 Times in 19 Posts
Not Ranked  0 score     

HPS has been awesome for me, they're a bit more linear than OEM, I think that's a turn off for many people though.

breakfstincluded is offline   Reply With Quote
 Old 08-17-2012, 05:46 PM   #54

texasboy21 is the leader of the worldtexasboy21 is the leader of the worldtexasboy21 is the leader of the worldtexasboy21 is the leader of the worldtexasboy21 is the leader of the worldtexasboy21 is the leader of the worldtexasboy21 is the leader of the worldtexasboy21 is the leader of the worldtexasboy21 is the leader of the worldtexasboy21 is the leader of the worldtexasboy21 is the leader of the world
Groaned at 12 Times in 8 Posts
Not Ranked  0 score     

FWIW I run PBR pads on my Audi, and they are damn sticky.

2003 A4 1.8TQ - Stage 2+
texasboy21 is offline   Reply With Quote
 Old 08-18-2012, 01:40 AM   #55

greatdane68 is the leader of the worldgreatdane68 is the leader of the worldgreatdane68 is the leader of the worldgreatdane68 is the leader of the worldgreatdane68 is the leader of the worldgreatdane68 is the leader of the worldgreatdane68 is the leader of the worldgreatdane68 is the leader of the worldgreatdane68 is the leader of the worldgreatdane68 is the leader of the worldgreatdane68 is the leader of the world
Groans: 5
Groaned at 45 Times in 22 Posts
Not Ranked  0 score     

I just put a set of Akebono's on my Speed with some R1 cross drilled and slotted rotors. Couldn't be more happy about the lack of brake dust now.

Autotech HPFP internals, Cobb AP V3, Corksport Springs, Skid Plate, TIP, TMIC, SRI, JBR 88 duro dogbone, RSB, Shifter bushings, Shift knob, 80 Duro TMM and PMM, OCC, Silicone Bypass Hose and Boost Tubes, Ulimate Racing axle back, Catless RP, Catted DP,
Forge Motorsports V2 BOV, 6000k DDM low beams and fogs, iRotors cross drilled and slotted rotors, Akebono Ceramic pads, Tanabe Front Strut Tower Bar, Ebay 15mm Wheel Spacers,
FREEKTUNED!

1995 Honda Prelude
2003 Chevy S-10
greatdane68 is offline   Reply With Quote
 Old 08-18-2012, 11:03 AM   #56

Constantin is the leader of the worldConstantin is the leader of the worldConstantin is the leader of the worldConstantin is the leader of the worldConstantin is the leader of the worldConstantin is the leader of the worldConstantin is the leader of the worldConstantin is the leader of the worldConstantin is the leader of the worldConstantin is the leader of the worldConstantin is the leader of the world
Thanked 4,956 Times in 1,879 Posts
Groaned at 17 Times in 15 Posts
Not Ranked  0 score     

Originally Posted by England15j View Post
I used the ArmorAll Wheel Protectant. I could go 2x the time between washes but $7 per can was too much for the amount you have to use for it to work correctly.
@Alejo_NIN I have used this on my last wash and the wheels have VERY little dust on them. Its been ~500 since on OEM pads. So, it works very well, but not so cheap. I think one bottle should last for two washes.

Cobb AP, SRI, TIH, DP, BPV | Autotech FP Internals | Treadstone TR8L + PG Pipe Kit | Grimmspeed EBCS | JBR TIGs, RSB, SSP & Bushings, EGR Delete, RMM (88dm), TMM (88dm), PMM (80dm) | MD OCC | KW V2 | SPC Camber Arms | GTSPEC Trunk Cage | Goodridge Break Lines + StopTech PowerSlot Rotors + Hawk HP+ | Whiteline End Links (front) | MOOG End Links (rear) | DDM 55w 5k Head Lights and Fog Lights | Speedline Mirrors
Constantin is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Constantin For This Useful Post:
England15j (09-23-2012)
 Old 08-19-2012, 03:23 PM   #57

Bosox is the leader of the worldBosox is the leader of the worldBosox is the leader of the worldBosox is the leader of the worldBosox is the leader of the worldBosox is the leader of the worldBosox is the leader of the worldBosox is the leader of the worldBosox is the leader of the worldBosox is the leader of the worldBosox is the leader of the world
Groans: 3
Groaned at 33 Times in 13 Posts
Not Ranked  0 score     

Originally Posted by greatdane68 View Post
I just put a set of Akebono's on my Speed with some R1 cross drilled and slotted rotors. Couldn't be more happy about the lack of brake dust now.
Pictures?

Wife's Car: 2013 CX5 AWD Grand Touring (It's slow but handles nice)
OBAMA SUCKS

Stratified Tune by Lex
Bosox is offline   Reply With Quote
 Old 08-20-2012, 08:05 AM   #58

greatdane68 is the leader of the worldgreatdane68 is the leader of the worldgreatdane68 is the leader of the worldgreatdane68 is the leader of the worldgreatdane68 is the leader of the worldgreatdane68 is the leader of the worldgreatdane68 is the leader of the worldgreatdane68 is the leader of the worldgreatdane68 is the leader of the worldgreatdane68 is the leader of the worldgreatdane68 is the leader of the world
Not Ranked  0 score     

I'll post some up.

Autotech HPFP internals, Cobb AP V3, Corksport Springs, Skid Plate, TIP, TMIC, SRI, JBR 88 duro dogbone, RSB, Shifter bushings, Shift knob, 80 Duro TMM and PMM, OCC, Silicone Bypass Hose and Boost Tubes, Ulimate Racing axle back, Catless RP, Catted DP,
Forge Motorsports V2 BOV, 6000k DDM low beams and fogs, iRotors cross drilled and slotted rotors, Akebono Ceramic pads, Tanabe Front Strut Tower Bar, Ebay 15mm Wheel Spacers,
FREEKTUNED!

1995 Honda Prelude
2003 Chevy S-10
 Old 08-21-2012, 01:51 PM   #59

Design is the leader of the worldDesign is the leader of the worldDesign is the leader of the worldDesign is the leader of the worldDesign is the leader of the worldDesign is the leader of the worldDesign is the leader of the worldDesign is the leader of the worldDesign is the leader of the worldDesign is the leader of the worldDesign is the leader of the world
Groans: 10
Groaned at 9 Times in 5 Posts
Not Ranked  0 score     

Originally Posted by rfinkle2 View Post
If you decide to track the car, just swap the oem pads back in.
Most won't recommend using different pads on the same rotor. I know Hawk and others recommend light sanding to the rotors to remove the previous pad material. But that can often lead to an inconsistent surface area and premature wear.
rfinkle2 likes this.

Ownership & Build Thread
Design is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Design For This Useful Post:
Alejo_NIN (08-21-2012), rfinkle2 (08-21-2012)
 Old 08-21-2012, 02:29 PM   #60

(Thread Starter)
Not Ranked  0 score     

Originally Posted by Design View Post
Most won't recommend using different pads on the same rotor. I know Hawk and others recommend light sanding to the rotors to remove the previous pad material. But that can often lead to an inconsistent surface area and premature wear.
i would agree with this if you are using some pretty heavy grit sand paper and some kind of machanical tool...
but hand sanding the rotor with a light grit and one pass only i highly doubt you'll be removing any metal at all

radonelement.com
The Following User Says Thank You to Alejo_NIN For This Useful Post:
rfinkle2 (08-21-2012)
 Old 08-21-2012, 04:36 PM   #61

Design is the leader of the worldDesign is the leader of the worldDesign is the leader of the worldDesign is the leader of the worldDesign is the leader of the worldDesign is the leader of the worldDesign is the leader of the worldDesign is the leader of the worldDesign is the leader of the worldDesign is the leader of the worldDesign is the leader of the world
Groans: 10
Groaned at 9 Times in 5 Posts
Not Ranked  0 score     

That's very true - but sometimes light sanding isn't enough when trying to bed a new pad compound (let alone remove the old one). Seems to be a hot topic on several forums with various recommendations. But most agree that new rotors are best if you can get them cheap.

Ownership & Build Thread
Design is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Design For This Useful Post:
Alejo_NIN (08-22-2012)
 Old 08-22-2012, 12:41 PM   #62

(Thread Starter)
Not Ranked  0 score     

Originally Posted by Design View Post
That's very true - but sometimes light sanding isn't enough when trying to bed a new pad compound (let alone remove the old one). Seems to be a hot topic on several forums with various recommendations. But most agree that new rotors are best if you can get them cheap.
never quoted them before, but are they expensive?

radonelement.com
 Old 08-28-2012, 01:22 PM   #63

Not Ranked  0 score     

I just got my laptop back up. Gonna try to retrieve the pics I've got on the harddrive, and then take some more of what my wheels look like now. Be patient with me.

FREEKTUNED!

1995 Honda Prelude
2003 Chevy S-10
 Old 08-28-2012, 06:48 PM   #64

Adog35 is the leader of the worldAdog35 is the leader of the worldAdog35 is the leader of the worldAdog35 is the leader of the worldAdog35 is the leader of the worldAdog35 is the leader of the worldAdog35 is the leader of the worldAdog35 is the leader of the worldAdog35 is the leader of the worldAdog35 is the leader of the worldAdog35 is the leader of the world
Groans: 0
Groaned at 5 Times in 5 Posts
Not Ranked  0 score     

Stoptech 309's all the way. They are dusty but, have great stoping performance throughout the temperature range. My only real complaint would be that they have gotten noisy in the past month. The stoptechs have been on the car for around 10k miles.
RMM
CS TIP/SRI
Dizzy Tuned
Autotech Internals
Swift Springs
JBR Rear Sway
Stoptech 309's
First Turbo Car and I love it!
Adog35 is offline   Reply With Quote
 Old 09-07-2012, 07:17 PM   #65

dannybot is an unknown quantity at this point
Groaned at 0 Times in 0 Posts
Not Ranked  0 score     

I put HPS's on my last car ('95 Miata-- yawn), they were OK, but were slow to warm up, especially on cold mornings.
dannybot is offline   Reply With Quote
 Old 09-23-2012, 10:29 AM   #66

MS3BPS2286 has disabled reputation
Groans: 3
Groaned at 11 Times in 7 Posts
Not Ranked  0 score     

Lol i have had my MS3 going on 2 weeks now and I have already cleaned the wheels a good 5 times. Luckily we have a steam power washer at work.....Either get used to cleaning them or do what i plan on doing and that's painting my stockers a matte Black or gunmetal. Other then that buy a civic or something......YUK
MS3BPS2286 is offline   Reply With Quote
 Old 09-23-2012, 10:51 AM   #67
Fear The Banhammer!

Raider is the leader of the worldRaider is the leader of the worldRaider is the leader of the worldRaider is the leader of the worldRaider is the leader of the worldRaider is the leader of the worldRaider is the leader of the worldRaider is the leader of the worldRaider is the leader of the worldRaider is the leader of the worldRaider is the leader of the world
Thanked 45,852 Times in 11,644 Posts
Groans: 727
Groaned at 151 Times in 127 Posts
Not Ranked  0 score     

Wheel wax, good cleaner, etc.

1) Looking to Buy a used Mazdaspeed? Read this!
2) New member? Read this before posting (UPDATED 10/2012!!) as well as the welcome PM and email. Details are here.
3) Wanna buy and sell here? DONATE for VIP
4) For Sale Section Rules UPDATED 9-17-2014! Please read before posting, especially if you have less than 150 posts!
5) Help MSF grow with FAQ threads!?
Raider is offline   Reply With Quote
 Old 02-27-2013, 07:11 PM   #68

XuDynasty is the leader of the worldXuDynasty is the leader of the worldXuDynasty is the leader of the worldXuDynasty is the leader of the worldXuDynasty is the leader of the worldXuDynasty is the leader of the worldXuDynasty is the leader of the worldXuDynasty is the leader of the worldXuDynasty is the leader of the worldXuDynasty is the leader of the worldXuDynasty is the leader of the world
Groaned at 1 Time in 1 Post
Not Ranked  0 score     

Alright i'm not sure if this is a stupid question or not, but I'm looking up Hawk Performance Ceramics and I can't find any for 2012, can someone help me? I'm a noob
XuDynasty is offline   Reply With Quote
 Old 02-27-2013, 10:13 PM   #69
Approved MSF Vendor

CorkSport is the leader of the worldCorkSport is the leader of the worldCorkSport is the leader of the worldCorkSport is the leader of the worldCorkSport is the leader of the worldCorkSport is the leader of the worldCorkSport is the leader of the worldCorkSport is the leader of the worldCorkSport is the leader of the worldCorkSport is the leader of the worldCorkSport is the leader of the world
Thanked 4,274 Times in 1,127 Posts
Groaned at 27 Times in 15 Posts
Not Ranked  0 score     

Originally Posted by XuDynasty View Post
Alright i'm not sure if this is a stupid question or not, but I'm looking up Hawk Performance Ceramics and I can't find any for 2012, can someone help me? I'm a noob
All years of Speed 3 use the same pad set.

-Derrick

CorkSport is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to CorkSport For This Useful Post:
phate (02-28-2013)
 Old 02-28-2013, 12:03 AM   #70
Banned

Redline143 is the leader of the worldRedline143 is the leader of the worldRedline143 is the leader of the worldRedline143 is the leader of the worldRedline143 is the leader of the worldRedline143 is the leader of the worldRedline143 is the leader of the worldRedline143 is the leader of the worldRedline143 is the leader of the worldRedline143 is the leader of the worldRedline143 is the leader of the world
Not Ranked  0 score     

I've seen a couple people mention EBCs. I was thinking of going EBC yellows because my logging spot causes me to brake hard from ~115 or so lots of times. Seems like the stock pads have glazed due to this because they're squeaking around stop lights/signs *all the time* which they never used to do.
Redline143 is offline   Reply With Quote
 Old 03-10-2013, 11:55 PM   #71

90210 is the leader of the world90210 is the leader of the world90210 is the leader of the world90210 is the leader of the world90210 is the leader of the world90210 is the leader of the world90210 is the leader of the world90210 is the leader of the world90210 is the leader of the world90210 is the leader of the world90210 is the leader of the world
Groaned at 4 Times in 4 Posts
Not Ranked  0 score     

Man, I'm going with either some Akebono's or EBC Reds. I've used ceramic pads before, and have never had a problem with diminished braking performance.
I need front pads. Car is mainly highway driven. Dust is not an issue for me but I don't want pads squeeling like they do on my track cars.

I would like to stick with at least OEM performance.

Online OEM pads are $195. Ebc red which my friend recommended is 90$ and hawk is 67$

Thoughts , since you went akobono?
90210 is offline   Reply With Quote
 Old 03-11-2013, 06:48 AM   #72

Not Ranked  0 score     

I love my Akebono pads. Plenty of bite when I need it.
After running the Dragon, plenty of spirited driving, and just playing around, I can honestly recommend these pads. I'm VERY happy with them.

FREEKTUNED!

1995 Honda Prelude
2003 Chevy S-10
 Old 03-11-2013, 10:14 AM   #73

90210 is the leader of the world90210 is the leader of the world90210 is the leader of the world90210 is the leader of the world90210 is the leader of the world90210 is the leader of the world90210 is the leader of the world90210 is the leader of the world90210 is the leader of the world90210 is the leader of the world90210 is the leader of the world
Not Ranked  0 score     

I love my Akebono pads. Plenty of bite when I need it.
After running the Dragon, plenty of spirited driving, and just playing around, I can honestly recommend these pads. I'm VERY happy with them.

You sould say at least the same as OEM? Best place to purchase them? THank you kindly.
 Old 03-11-2013, 11:24 AM   #74

fredricktsang is the leader of the worldfredricktsang is the leader of the worldfredricktsang is the leader of the worldfredricktsang is the leader of the worldfredricktsang is the leader of the worldfredricktsang is the leader of the worldfredricktsang is the leader of the worldfredricktsang is the leader of the worldfredricktsang is the leader of the worldfredricktsang is the leader of the worldfredricktsang is the leader of the world
Not Ranked  0 score     

Originally Posted by 90210 View Post
You sould say at least the same as OEM? Best place to purchase them? THank you kindly.
They are 68.79+shipping (Front pair) and 60.79+shipping (Rear pair) from rockauto. I'm thinking of ordering from there. If anyone knows where else they have for cheaper please chime in.
fredricktsang is offline   Reply With Quote
 Old 03-11-2013, 12:48 PM   #75

Not Ranked  0 score     

I got mine from RockAuto.com too.

FREEKTUNED!

1995 Honda Prelude
2003 Chevy S-10
 Old 03-11-2013, 01:33 PM   #76

Not Ranked  0 score     

Originally Posted by fredricktsang View Post
They are 68.79+shipping (Front pair) and 60.79+shipping (Rear pair) from rockauto. I'm thinking of ordering from there. If anyone knows where else they have for cheaper please chime in.
Here is the Rock Auto number
AKEBONO Part # EUR915A Euro Ultra Premium Ceramic Pad
OE Pad Material is Ceramic; Front; Mazdaspeed

Seems like 9$ to ship. If you buy a pair its only 10$ to ship. So since you are close, if you want to grab it together let me know (I will send you a PM).

AKEBONO 78$ delivered

Hawk HPS $84 delivered
The Following User Says Thank You to 90210 For This Useful Post:
Alejo_NIN (03-13-2013)
 Old 05-13-2013, 10:17 AM   #77

(Thread Starter)
Not Ranked  0 score     

i'm ready to buy my first set of front brake pads...
akebono seem to be having good reviews, and they are cheaper than OEM

radonelement.com
 Old 05-13-2013, 10:43 AM   #78

Not Ranked  0 score     

I love my Akebono's.

FREEKTUNED!

1995 Honda Prelude
2003 Chevy S-10
 Old 05-13-2013, 12:14 PM   #79

Ace Protege is the leader of the worldAce Protege is the leader of the worldAce Protege is the leader of the worldAce Protege is the leader of the worldAce Protege is the leader of the worldAce Protege is the leader of the worldAce Protege is the leader of the worldAce Protege is the leader of the worldAce Protege is the leader of the worldAce Protege is the leader of the worldAce Protege is the leader of the world
Groans: 12
Groaned at 5 Times in 4 Posts
Not Ranked  0 score     

for DD it doesn't fucking matter as long as you don't get cheap shit bottom of the barrel. any ceramic is going to dust less than other options.

'94 Mazda Protege -SOLD
1.8 BPT Vf10
263whp 258wtq
13.1 @ 107 mph

'05 ZX-6RR - Two Brothers slip on, GPR dampener V1, More to come

Ace Protege is offline   Reply With Quote
 Old 05-13-2013, 06:48 PM   #80

Not Ranked  0 score     

I love my Akebono's.
Same here.

Miss the initial OEM bite, tho