register gallery

Go Back   Mazdaspeed Forums >
MAZDASPEED SECTION
>
Mazdaspeed 3 MZR Gen2 Forums (2010-2013)
> 2010 MS3 - Suspension & Brakes

Welcome to Mazdaspeed Forums .

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

*When you join MSF as a registered user, there will be No Ads.

*Registered Members get access to the Off Topic Area of the Forum

*Registered Members have an opportunity to upgrade their accounts to VIP, which brings a host of goddies for supporting MSF such as Raffles, Additional Forum Access, More PM Storage, The ability to upload more Images and many other enhancements.

*Registered members also get access to the live chat box!
Like Tree10Likes

Bookmark and Share LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
 Old 07-29-2014, 07:08 PM   #1

1LapMS3 is a name known to all1LapMS3 is a name known to all1LapMS3 is a name known to all1LapMS3 is a name known to all1LapMS3 is a name known to all1LapMS3 is a name known to all
Groans: 0
Groaned at 1 Time in 1 Post
(Thread Starter)
Not Ranked  0 score     
Default New Wilwood 6 Piston kit

Hey all,

Just received email from Wilwood about the launch of their 6 piston BBK for our cars. Here is a link to their page: Wilwood BBK

I also talked to Todd at TCE Performance Products (google it) and he is making upgrades for those kits up to 14"!! Very reasonably priced. I will be getting a kit from him with the upgraded FNSL6 Caliper and 13.10" rotors.

Will post pics and feedback once I get the kit, probably next month or so. I track my car so this will be a nice upgrade from stock!

Later,

Enrique
The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to 1LapMS3 For This Useful Post:
Alpha (11-30-2014), duffman04 (07-30-2014), hideyuki_s (07-30-2014), kbz0129 (10-25-2014), phate (07-29-2014), taf0422 (07-29-2014), Yousuf (08-12-2014)
 Old 09-03-2014, 08:38 PM   #2

ouchmonkey is the leader of the worldouchmonkey is the leader of the worldouchmonkey is the leader of the worldouchmonkey is the leader of the worldouchmonkey is the leader of the worldouchmonkey is the leader of the worldouchmonkey is the leader of the worldouchmonkey is the leader of the worldouchmonkey is the leader of the worldouchmonkey is the leader of the worldouchmonkey is the leader of the world
Groans: 1
Groaned at 0 Times in 0 Posts
Not Ranked  0 score     

Update? Im looking into the 14" FNSL6 kit.
Corksport:CAB//SS+Bushings//Frnt Adj SB w/Adj End Lnks//RMM//HPFP//Skd Plate//Int LED kit//Poly Trans MntCobb:Shft knb//APv3//Cattd DP//BOVTires:Street - Dunlop Zll 235/40/18//Track - NT01sTein:SS CO w/EDFC ActivePro+GPS ModuleTri-Point Engineering:Rear Adj Race SB w/Adj End Links//Performance Spec Alignmnt//Cstm CAB CvrETS:TMICHTP:3" Intake//Small Battery BoxWilwood TCE:FNSL 14" rotor 6 piston kit & SS brd lines with Stoptech 600 fluidDamond MS:OCCStratified:Shift Extr//TuneOther:Rolld Frnt and Rear Fendrs//Ichiba V.2 15mm Spacers//Mazda 5 Rear Rtrs w/StopTech Pads&SS brd lines//NGk 1stp colder
ouchmonkey is offline   Reply With Quote
 Old 09-03-2014, 08:57 PM   #3

1LapMS3 is a name known to all1LapMS3 is a name known to all1LapMS3 is a name known to all1LapMS3 is a name known to all1LapMS3 is a name known to all1LapMS3 is a name known to all
(Thread Starter)
Not Ranked  0 score     

Sorry, I am having to hold off due to some unexpected expenses and job change. Hopefully everything comes together by end of year. Planning on building up car over winter for next year's season.
 Old 09-03-2014, 10:37 PM   #4

ouchmonkey is the leader of the worldouchmonkey is the leader of the worldouchmonkey is the leader of the worldouchmonkey is the leader of the worldouchmonkey is the leader of the worldouchmonkey is the leader of the worldouchmonkey is the leader of the worldouchmonkey is the leader of the worldouchmonkey is the leader of the worldouchmonkey is the leader of the worldouchmonkey is the leader of the world
Not Ranked  0 score     

Werd. Good luck man. I may get it done first and update you!
Corksport:CAB//SS+Bushings//Frnt Adj SB w/Adj End Lnks//RMM//HPFP//Skd Plate//Int LED kit//Poly Trans MntCobb:Shft knb//APv3//Cattd DP//BOVTires:Street - Dunlop Zll 235/40/18//Track - NT01sTein:SS CO w/EDFC ActivePro+GPS ModuleTri-Point Engineering:Rear Adj Race SB w/Adj End Links//Performance Spec Alignmnt//Cstm CAB CvrETS:TMICHTP:3" Intake//Small Battery BoxWilwood TCE:FNSL 14" rotor 6 piston kit & SS brd lines with Stoptech 600 fluidDamond MS:OCCStratified:Shift Extr//TuneOther:Rolld Frnt and Rear Fendrs//Ichiba V.2 15mm Spacers//Mazda 5 Rear Rtrs w/StopTech Pads&SS brd lines//NGk 1stp colder
 Old 09-04-2014, 04:23 AM   #5

(Thread Starter)
Not Ranked  0 score     

Sounds good. I can tell you from past experience that the Wilwood kits are high quality stuff. Have had them on a couple of other cars.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 4
ouchmonkey likes this.
 Old 09-08-2014, 04:57 AM   #6

Yousuf is the leader of the worldYousuf is the leader of the worldYousuf is the leader of the worldYousuf is the leader of the worldYousuf is the leader of the worldYousuf is the leader of the worldYousuf is the leader of the worldYousuf is the leader of the worldYousuf is the leader of the worldYousuf is the leader of the worldYousuf is the leader of the world
Groans: 128
Groaned at 5 Times in 4 Posts
Not Ranked  0 score     

Willwood brakes all around are the next big thing I want

Mod-bug's back...
Yousuf is offline   Reply With Quote
 Old 09-08-2014, 02:30 PM   #7

Not Ranked  0 score     

Originally Posted by Yousuf View Post
Willwood brakes all around are the next big thing I want
Yeah, Im hoping to have mine installed before the next event on 10/24/14.

I spoke with Todd at TCE (via email) and he said for what I do (lots of track driving) that the standard DP6 Wilwood kit is too light weight. - Mind you this is after Wilwood directed me to him after I tried to get Wilwood to build me a custom kit at Mazdafest.

TCE recommends their big boy FNSL6 kit on 14" rotors. So Ill let you all know how goes it.

Oh and far as "all the way around" this is what Miguel at Wilwood said, "....for the rear of the Mazda 3, we have never made a kit direct and do not plan on it due to the OEM parking brake."

TCE makes a rear rotor kit but the caliper is gonna remain stock. I guess I'll paint it to match.

Last edited by ouchmonkey; 09-08-2014 at 04:18 PM. Reason: new info
The Following User Says Thank You to ouchmonkey For This Useful Post:
blam1 (09-29-2014)
 Old 09-08-2014, 04:23 PM   #8

Yousuf is the leader of the worldYousuf is the leader of the worldYousuf is the leader of the worldYousuf is the leader of the worldYousuf is the leader of the worldYousuf is the leader of the worldYousuf is the leader of the worldYousuf is the leader of the worldYousuf is the leader of the worldYousuf is the leader of the worldYousuf is the leader of the world
Not Ranked  0 score     

Originally Posted by ouchmonkey View Post
Yeah, Im hoping to have mine installed before the next event on 10/24/14.

I spoke with Todd at TCE (via email) and he said for what I do (lots of track driving) that the standard DP6 Wilwood kit is too light weight. - Mind you this is after Wilwood directed me to him after I tried to get Wilwood to build me a custom kit at Mazdafest.

TCE recommends their big boy FNSL6 kit on 14" rotors. So Ill let you all know how goes it.

Oh and far as "all the way around" this is what Miguel at Wilwood said, "....for the rear of the Mazda 3, we have never made a kit direct and do not plan on it due to the OEM parking brake."

TCE makes a rear rotor kit but the caliper is gonna remain stock. I guess I'll paint it to match.
Is there anything for the rear or is this just front brakes only. I'm confused of all the willwood variants because I've seen so many

Mod-bug's back...
 Old 09-08-2014, 04:45 PM   #9
Approved MSF Vendor

Todd@TCE has a reputation beyond reputeTodd@TCE has a reputation beyond reputeTodd@TCE has a reputation beyond reputeTodd@TCE has a reputation beyond reputeTodd@TCE has a reputation beyond reputeTodd@TCE has a reputation beyond reputeTodd@TCE has a reputation beyond reputeTodd@TCE has a reputation beyond reputeTodd@TCE has a reputation beyond reputeTodd@TCE has a reputation beyond reputeTodd@TCE has a reputation beyond repute
Groaned at 3 Times in 3 Posts
Not Ranked  0 score     

I'll help, if you'll oblige.

There is only ONE Wilwood factory kit for your car: the 13" DP6 kit. No matter what you read, who says it or what it's called this is the first and only kit Wilwood produces for your car.

There are however other kits produced using Wilwood product in part. Me being one of those with the FNSL6 option discussed above. Yes it can be confusing. You'll seldom see any kit produced by my company that is not rightly labeled TCE/Wilwood. Anyone else selling similar kits should be doing the same as it's a mis representation of Wilwood not doing so. I covered that in greater detail in my own intro post.

There are NO Wilwood rear kits for your car as Miguel stated- And pretty much what I knew would be your answer to that. Anyone making a rear kit, including my proposed "rotor kit" would also not be a Wilwood kit. That being said, there is the opportunity to produce a Wilwood caliper shod kit. This however would be a single piston sliding caliper arrangement exactly as you have now. Nice part. Looks great. Works the same. And costs $1300 to do. Not really what I see as a huge seller. For that very reason we produced the 12" rear rotor kit years ago and will look at doing so again.

And for the more street enthusiast minded driver who would seldom see any "beat the crap out of it 30min open track sessions" the DP6 kit would be a fine choice. Even with proper pads it's durable enough for moderate track use.

Vehicle Applications
Driving Environment Vehicle Sub-Types Application Duty
Street Rods Heavy Duty
Street Performance Domestic Heavy Duty
Street Performance Import Heavy Duty
Rally Medium Duty
Road Race Medium Duty

Late Model Dirt STARS, UMP, IMCA, etc... Heavy Duty
Drag Racing Heavy Duty
Northeast Modified Dirt or Pavement Medium Duty
Open Wheel Sprint, Midget, etc… Dirt or Pavement Medium Duty
Off Road Medium Duty
Industrial Medium Duty

There are a number of options as a buyer. Be honest with yourself and your budget. Ask the right question from the right people. Compare info and make an informed decision is all that's needed.
VRM_MS3, Yousuf and ouchmonkey like this.

* Corvette * Lightning * Impala SS * Focus ST * Marauder * 350/370Z * MINI * Challenger * WRX *Super Duty * SHO * Mustang *...and more!
Todd@TCE is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Todd@TCE For This Useful Post:
Easter Bunny (10-16-2014), ouchmonkey (09-08-2014), Yousuf (09-08-2014)
 Old 09-08-2014, 04:47 PM   #10

Not Ranked  0 score     

Thank you for this! I'm gonna re read it in detail when I get home

Mod-bug's back...
 Old 09-16-2014, 02:25 PM   #11

Neutral  +1 score     

Just got off the phone with Todd. I'm about to drop my deposit and will let you all know how these bad boys perform after my next track event on 10/24.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to ouchmonkey For This Useful Post:
1LapMS3 (09-16-2014), maisonvi (09-16-2014)
 Old 09-16-2014, 02:28 PM   #12

Not Ranked  0 score     

Just got off the phone with Todd. I'm about to drop my deposit and will let you all know how these bad boys perform after my next track event on 10/24.
Can't wait to see this

Mod-bug's back...
 Old 09-16-2014, 02:35 PM   #13

(Thread Starter)
Not Ranked  0 score     

Definitely keep us posted. Pics would be great too!! THANK YOU!
 Old 09-29-2014, 04:06 PM   #14

Not Ranked  0 score     

Update from TCE:

...Just to update you; Bill is machining the 14" brackets and I hope to have them completed in a day or two. We'll need to get them anodized as well. Can't give you a firm date yet but much of it is moving along, albeit slowly, and methodically to completion....

I let him know my next event is 10/24 and need to have these in and road tested by then...... Ill keep ya'll in the loop. *I am very excited*

I think I will paint my rear calipers black to match and get SS lines as well as upgraded pads.
 Old 09-29-2014, 04:47 PM   #15
Approved MSF Vendor

Todd@TCE has a reputation beyond reputeTodd@TCE has a reputation beyond reputeTodd@TCE has a reputation beyond reputeTodd@TCE has a reputation beyond reputeTodd@TCE has a reputation beyond reputeTodd@TCE has a reputation beyond reputeTodd@TCE has a reputation beyond reputeTodd@TCE has a reputation beyond reputeTodd@TCE has a reputation beyond reputeTodd@TCE has a reputation beyond reputeTodd@TCE has a reputation beyond repute
Not Ranked  0 score     

I'll toss in a set of 'old' rear hoses. From when I first did Mazda kits. Won't have a cover on them, just good old ss like the old days.
ouchmonkey likes this.

* Corvette * Lightning * Impala SS * Focus ST * Marauder * 350/370Z * MINI * Challenger * WRX *Super Duty * SHO * Mustang *...and more!
 Old 09-29-2014, 05:20 PM   #16

Not Ranked  0 score     

Originally Posted by Todd@TCE View Post
I'll toss in a set of 'old' rear hoses. From when I first did Mazda kits. Won't have a cover on them, just good old ss like the old days.
....and that, ladies and gentlemen, is unparalleled customer service!!!!

Thank you Todd, you are world class.
 Old 09-29-2014, 05:26 PM   #17
Approved MSF Vendor

Not Ranked  0 score     

LOL....yeah...no..not really.

I just have about three sets of the old non jackets hose kits here I couldn't bear to just throw out! Someone may as well put them to good use.

(but thanks anyhow!)

Old 10-09-2014, 04:26 PM   #18

Neutral  +1 score     

All my goodies arrived yesterday!!! I will snap some pics of before/during/after install. This is a beefy set! Well done TCE/Wilwood.
1LapMS3 likes this.
 Old 10-09-2014, 07:47 PM   #19

Not Ranked  0 score     

All my goodies arrived yesterday!!! I will snap some pics of before/during/after install. This is a beefy set! Well done TCE/Wilwood.
Eagerly awaiting these pics mane

Mod-bug's back...
 Old 10-16-2014, 01:45 PM   #20

Not Ranked  0 score     

Hopefully will post pics tonight. I am having Tri-Point Engineering do the install and they are documenting the whole process for me to post. Just waiting on pics...
 Old 10-16-2014, 01:47 PM   #21

Not Ranked  0 score     

Hopefully will post pics tonight. I am having Tri-Point Engineering do the install and they are documenting the whole process for me to post. Just waiting on pics...
From what little I've heard, tri point seems to know their shit

Mod-bug's back...
 Old 10-16-2014, 02:47 PM   #22

Not Ranked  0 score     

Originally Posted by Yousuf View Post
From what little I've heard, tri point seems to know their shit
They do. Ive been going to them for everything I dont have the time or know-how to do.
 Old 10-17-2014, 02:46 PM   #23

Not Ranked  0 score     

We all know how to find TCE's description of the kit and what is included, so I will skip that. TCE Performance Products

What wasn't in the description but was thrown in for no good reason other than he's a cool character, Todd gave me - free of charge, a set of SS braided lines for the rear.

The kit is in. I have yet to test (still at TriPoint). Here are some pics. The install process was as planned and went smoothy, aside from a minor fitment issue that was quickly resolved between TCE and TriPoint (and will not be a future issue as TCE made a slight change in milling the of the bracket). I am now running Stoptech 600 brake fluid as well.

I spoke to Todd at TCE about whether or not to post the full install process including the hiccup and he said that he had no problem with me letting you all know how this first set for our cars went.

Here is what Todd said:

"I had done all the mock ups and test fit parts here using only TCE components. All of that before Wilwood came out with the DP6 kits. When they did that I opted to do their hats (and larger 14" rotors) rather than the TCE parts.

The hats used on the factory kit are about .050" different in offset making the centering different that what we programmed for here on the initial plan.

On me. I didn't follow up on the milling program to make the necessary change. And the original pics and fit etc were all right on the money. Until we made the aluminum hat change. Should be a quick fix on his end and I'll square up with him on that directly."

And he is sending me a new set of brackets (although the milled set now fit like a glove) as a finished product that is fully anodized and without evidence of mill work (even though the milling was done on the mounting side and is not visible anyway).

So as you can see this was a trickle down math error that has been resolved and the product fitment should now be seamless for all future kits as there was no other issue other than that.

I had no problem being the guinea pig on this first set and as an over all experience this went very well. This is a quality product (even TriPoint was impressed). Todd will get my business again - sooner than later, he just finished a rear rotor set.

I hope this helps you in your BBK decision making. I will post again after the track event on 10/24/14 and let you all know about performance.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMAG1324.jpg (102.5 KB, 56 views)
File Type: jpg IMAG1325.jpg (155.1 KB, 55 views)
File Type: jpg IMAG1329.jpg (78.7 KB, 59 views)
File Type: jpg IMAG1333.jpg (78.4 KB, 67 views)
VRM_MS3 likes this.
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to ouchmonkey For This Useful Post:
BPASPEED (10-25-2014), Code Monkey (10-18-2014), duffman04 (10-18-2014), MBalik (10-18-2014)
 Old 10-18-2014, 09:49 AM   #24

duffman04 has much to be proud ofduffman04 has much to be proud ofduffman04 has much to be proud ofduffman04 has much to be proud ofduffman04 has much to be proud ofduffman04 has much to be proud ofduffman04 has much to be proud ofduffman04 has much to be proud ofduffman04 has much to be proud ofduffman04 has much to be proud of
Not Ranked  0 score     

Looks awesome! Fills out the 18" wheels too. Do you track the car a fair amount? My old gen1 speed 3's stock brakes were no where near track ready even with motul 600 flushed through. Interested to hear if you think the 2 piece rotors changed the feel much too, thats huge weight savings alone.
1981 Corvette: Slowly became a restomod.
duffman04 is offline   Reply With Quote
 Old 10-18-2014, 11:55 AM   #25

Not Ranked  0 score     

I Track as much as I can. That's why I had this kit installed. The stock brakes were my fail point last track day. I want to be the weakest link in my car. I want everything else solid! I will keep you all updated.
 Old 10-20-2014, 07:24 PM   #26
Approved MSF Vendor

Not Ranked  0 score     

Updated some info for you on the rear rotor kit as well.

Old 10-20-2014, 07:29 PM   #27

Not Ranked  0 score     

Originally Posted by Todd@TCE View Post
Updated some info for you on the rear rotor kit as well.
We will talk soon. I have many more pics to post as soon as I get them from John.
 Old 10-25-2014, 12:51 AM   #28

Not Ranked  0 score     

Ok. So I don't LOL or BFF or TGIF..... but OMFG!!! It took a ffew hours to figure out how to drive with these things and the ABS fuse eventually had to be pulled but I have never experienced braking like this. Absolutely incredible. I rode the Wilwood Polymetric H pads for the day and they bit down and stayed consistent all day (in combination with Nitto NT01'S). I am supremely pleased and although the first half of the day was learning how to not engage the ABS or catapult my eyeballs out of their sockets I learned to use them and had a blast. I was so much deeper in each turn before engaging, my passengers let out sqeals - and only one of them was a woman.

Thanks again Todd.

Pics to come.

Last edited by ouchmonkey; 10-25-2014 at 01:41 PM.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to ouchmonkey For This Useful Post:
BPASPEED (10-25-2014), Code Monkey (10-25-2014), Pointless (11-30-2014)
 Old 10-25-2014, 12:53 AM   #29

Not Ranked  0 score     

Damn that sounds amazing
ouchmonkey likes this.

Mod-bug's back...
 Old 10-25-2014, 05:22 AM   #30

BPASPEED is the leader of the worldBPASPEED is the leader of the worldBPASPEED is the leader of the worldBPASPEED is the leader of the worldBPASPEED is the leader of the worldBPASPEED is the leader of the worldBPASPEED is the leader of the worldBPASPEED is the leader of the worldBPASPEED is the leader of the worldBPASPEED is the leader of the worldBPASPEED is the leader of the world
Thanked 2,089 Times in 920 Posts
Groans: 60
Groaned at 11 Times in 11 Posts
Not Ranked  0 score     

May I add that they looked sexy as hell, the brakes, not the passengers lol
ouchmonkey likes this.
2011 MS3. Cobb AP V3, GTX3071, CPE LTR mani, Tial 44mm EWG, 3 bar MAP sensor and PnP harness, JBR WP intake, HTP battery tray with a 51 Optima Yellow battery, ITV22s, GFB BOV, Autotech internals, CPE injector seals and studs, VTCS delete, COBB FMIC, UR DP and TP, CNT CBE, JBR TIGs and Coolant bypass, JBR EGR delete, JBR RMM, PMM, and TMM, JBR OCC, PERM Plate, JBR RSB, JBR Rear Camber arms, 17X8 RPF1, TWM full replacement shifter with a PERM buttplug shift knob.

Waiting to install:Built block, NJspeed PNP IM, Prosport boost and water temp gauges, coilovers and shit.
BPASPEED is offline   Reply With Quote
 Old 10-25-2014, 08:11 AM   #31
Approved MSF Vendor

Not Ranked  0 score     

I think we should have stayed with my first plan and run the Poly B pads. Less bite and easier to modulate perhaps. But in time you'll be doing fine with the H as well.

Next up: rear rotor kit.

Thanks for the report!
ouchmonkey likes this.

The Following User Says Thank You to Todd@TCE For This Useful Post:
maisonvi (10-31-2014)
 Old 10-30-2014, 06:50 PM   #32
Approved MSF Vendor

Not Ranked  0 score     

If this 14" model is a bit steep for your budget or needs....consider the factory 13" Wilwood kit!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg insignia 26-10-2014-33.jpg (965.6 KB, 53 views)

Old 10-30-2014, 11:59 PM   #33

Not Ranked  0 score     

Not if you can swing it gents. Ends justify the means. Worth every penny.
 Old 11-30-2014, 09:39 AM   #34

trackweapon is an unknown quantity at this point
Not Ranked  0 score     

I've been looking into the DP6 kit for my car as well at the 4 piston Corksport kit. In doing the math the prices are pretty similar considering the wilwood kit includes rotors and the corksport kit doesn't. Any opinions on which would work better for a car a is primarily a daily driver?
trackweapon is offline   Reply With Quote
 Old 11-30-2014, 11:57 AM   #35

Code Monkey is the leader of the worldCode Monkey is the leader of the worldCode Monkey is the leader of the worldCode Monkey is the leader of the worldCode Monkey is the leader of the worldCode Monkey is the leader of the worldCode Monkey is the leader of the worldCode Monkey is the leader of the worldCode Monkey is the leader of the worldCode Monkey is the leader of the worldCode Monkey is the leader of the world
Thanked 9,780 Times in 3,855 Posts
Groans: 17
Groaned at 32 Times in 22 Posts
Not Ranked  0 score     

^ No reason to upgrade for a DD.

2017 Subaru BRZ
MCS TT1 coilovers|Brembo BBK|6UL 17x9|Trofeo R|ACE 350|flex fuel|Delicious tuned
Code Monkey is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Code Monkey For This Useful Post:
littleloogy (11-30-2014), phate (11-30-2014), Vansquish (12-01-2014)
 Old 11-30-2014, 12:28 PM   #36

maisonvi is the leader of the worldmaisonvi is the leader of the worldmaisonvi is the leader of the worldmaisonvi is the leader of the worldmaisonvi is the leader of the worldmaisonvi is the leader of the worldmaisonvi is the leader of the worldmaisonvi is the leader of the worldmaisonvi is the leader of the worldmaisonvi is the leader of the worldmaisonvi is the leader of the world
Thanked 4,968 Times in 1,844 Posts
Groans: 75
Groaned at 10 Times in 10 Posts
Not Ranked  0 score     

Originally Posted by trackweapon View Post
I've been looking into the DP6 kit for my car as well at the 4 piston Corksport kit. In doing the math the prices are pretty similar considering the wilwood kit includes rotors and the corksport kit doesn't. Any opinions on which would work better for a car a is primarily a daily driver?
Stock is better for a DD
maisonvi is offline   Reply With Quote
 Old 11-30-2014, 12:55 PM   #37

trackweapon is an unknown quantity at this point
Not Ranked  0 score     

In the summer months I do 4 or 5 track days or autocross events a month and its causes some brutal uneven wear on any of the pads I've tried.
trackweapon is offline   Reply With Quote
 Old 11-30-2014, 03:00 PM   #38

Code Monkey is the leader of the worldCode Monkey is the leader of the worldCode Monkey is the leader of the worldCode Monkey is the leader of the worldCode Monkey is the leader of the worldCode Monkey is the leader of the worldCode Monkey is the leader of the worldCode Monkey is the leader of the worldCode Monkey is the leader of the worldCode Monkey is the leader of the worldCode Monkey is the leader of the world
Thanked 9,780 Times in 3,855 Posts
Groans: 17
Groaned at 32 Times in 22 Posts
Not Ranked  0 score     

Relube your slider pins.

2017 Subaru BRZ
MCS TT1 coilovers|Brembo BBK|6UL 17x9|Trofeo R|ACE 350|flex fuel|Delicious tuned
Code Monkey is offline   Reply With Quote
 Old 11-30-2014, 05:32 PM   #39

Not Ranked  0 score     

Definitely pay mind to those guide rods (slide pins (. If you burn that off it'll feel like your master cylinder is gone (no more power brakes) and it makes a sound that'll make you cringe.

I went BBK on a car that I drive to work everyday. I didn't fool with piecing a kit together, trying new pads, ss lines or 600 fluid. I did some research. Spoke with some drivers. Spoke with some engineers and decided that fir the amount that I track the car and hit the canyons a BBK was in order if I had the money. The kit is well worth it if you drive the twistys often enough. But if the canyons are a once a month thing or the track is a few times a year, then there are probably other options.

As I've said a few times before... my brakes became the weakest link in my car, so they had to go. I want to be the mod that needs work. I want my car to do what ever my ability dictates. And now I'm one step closer to that.

I went wilwood/tce because Wilwood sent me to Todd. They said that for what I want the stock Dp6 kit may be a bit too light weight. I threw my business at them and they deferred.

More to come. Baby is crying...
 Old 11-30-2014, 06:41 PM   #40
Approved MSF Vendor

Not Ranked  0 score     

Originally Posted by trackweapon View Post

if your budget doesn't allow for the added costs of the 2ph hats and rotors don't overlook a simple caliper kit for improved response and feel.

That being said a larger and wider disc will afford you increases in brake torque, greater resistance to fade, improved cooling (given the oe parts are not a directional casting and the 2pc are) as well as modest weight savings in both the rotor and caliper area.

The calipers will allow you relatively quick pad changes and ample compounds for your needs. The 2pc hats and rotors will be part of a kit when purchased as such so do compare apples to apples if you need to buy new 'rings' for the use of the caliper kits. And of course be certain you factor any ss flex hose needs if not included as the oe caliper hose type will not work with the Wilwood calipers.

The base 13" DP6 kit is a great street to moderate track use kit. And a helluva bargain at $1100. However as was mentioned; if you truly do more open track use I'd consider a move to the more robust FNSL6 and it's respective, larger pad.