register gallery

Go Back   Mazdaspeed Forums >
MAZDASPEED SECTION
>
Mazdaspeed 3 MZR Gen2 Forums (2010-2013)
> 2010 MS3 - ECU Computer Tuning

Welcome to Mazdaspeed Forums .

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

*When you join MSF as a registered user, there will be No Ads.

*Registered Members get access to the Off Topic Area of the Forum

*Registered Members have an opportunity to upgrade their accounts to VIP, which brings a host of goddies for supporting MSF such as Raffles, Additional Forum Access, More PM Storage, The ability to upload more Images and many other enhancements.

*Registered members also get access to the live chat box!
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By atvfreek

Bookmark and Share LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
 Old 03-17-2013, 08:23 PM   #1

derek13p is the leader of the worldderek13p is the leader of the worldderek13p is the leader of the worldderek13p is the leader of the worldderek13p is the leader of the worldderek13p is the leader of the worldderek13p is the leader of the worldderek13p is the leader of the worldderek13p is the leader of the worldderek13p is the leader of the worldderek13p is the leader of the world
Thanked 1,155 Times in 368 Posts
Groans: 38
Groaned at 16 Times in 13 Posts
(Thread Starter)
Not Ranked  0 score     
Default Fuel pressure drop

So I was driving from Houston to San Antonio today and after more than an hour of driving I went WOT in 5th gear and around 5-6k rpm I felt my engine stutter and loose power so I let off and slowed down, downshifted and tried it in 4th, same thing around same rpms...
I did one more time and logged it to see what was happening and when I look it shows my fuel pressure drop like crazy then a second later boost gets cut. It also shows my accelerator pedal pos change but I had it to the floor until the boost got cut. (log 20)

I've also attached two other WOT logs wot1 and wot2 which I did yesterday and sent in for an e-tune with stratified. I didn't experience anything bad during these logs at all.

Someone told me it may be bad gas because this happened right after I filled up in a place ive never filled up at before.
I've also been told maybe the spark plugs need to be changed or my fuel pump is bad..

As far as power mods, my car has Autotech fp internals which have been on for ~8k miles, cobb sri/tip, cp-e fmic and catless dp. The fmic and dp are brand new, just put on last sunday.

Ill include the map I'm using as well.
Any opinions would be great. I don't want to go zzb right as I'm getting into my tune :/
Attached Files
File Type: ptm 4Stage2+SF+TIH+IC 93 v210.ptm (17.0 KB, 8 views)
File Type: csv wot1.csv (28.0 KB, 26 views)
File Type: csv wot2.csv (28.1 KB, 17 views)
File Type: csv datalog20.csv (22.4 KB, 40 views)
Daily driven
derek13p is offline   Reply With Quote
 Old 03-17-2013, 08:37 PM   #2

Payne Racing 67 is the leader of the worldPayne Racing 67 is the leader of the worldPayne Racing 67 is the leader of the worldPayne Racing 67 is the leader of the worldPayne Racing 67 is the leader of the worldPayne Racing 67 is the leader of the worldPayne Racing 67 is the leader of the worldPayne Racing 67 is the leader of the worldPayne Racing 67 is the leader of the worldPayne Racing 67 is the leader of the worldPayne Racing 67 is the leader of the world
Thanked 5,172 Times in 2,034 Posts
Groans: 101
Groaned at 64 Times in 49 Posts
Not Ranked  0 score     

Aside from being rich, fuel pressure is strong across the board, no major knock. I'd say you just need to get a real tune. 10.9-11.1 is realllllyyyyyy rich. You want to be 11.5-12.1 tops. Any wheel spin/ Was DSC off? @rfinkle2; @ms3blackmica; @atvfreek; can give you more input.
Badsnake 2003 Cobra: Ported Eaton, 2.93 upper, 4lb lower, Steeda intake, fuel system, LF Heat Excg, MGW Shifter, MM Coilovers, Billet Flow IRS Brace, Magnaflow O/R X Pipe/CBE, Fiore Clutch Quadrant/Adjuster, MT ET Street Radials 515rwhp/525rwtq.

#HAR Hidden Agendas Racing
Payne Racing 67 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Payne Racing 67 For This Useful Post:
atvfreek (03-18-2013), derek13p (03-17-2013), rfinkle2 (03-18-2013)
 Old 03-17-2013, 08:42 PM   #3

derek13p is the leader of the worldderek13p is the leader of the worldderek13p is the leader of the worldderek13p is the leader of the worldderek13p is the leader of the worldderek13p is the leader of the worldderek13p is the leader of the worldderek13p is the leader of the worldderek13p is the leader of the worldderek13p is the leader of the worldderek13p is the leader of the world
(Thread Starter)
Not Ranked  0 score     

Originally Posted by Payne Racing 67 View Post
Aside from being rich as fawk, fuel pressure is strong across the board, no major knock. I'd say you just need to get a real tune. 10.1-11.1 is realllllyyyyyy rich. you want to be 11.5-12.1 tops.
Yeah I literally just purchased a tune from stratified 2 nights ago and sent them those 2 wot logs and 2 maf logs so I should be getting into a good tune soon.

As far as the pressure drop in log 20 though. Should I be concerned? it did that in 3rd 4th and 5th gear when I was on the road and went wot. But after I got to a friends house to show him it didn't do it again and by that time I was pretty much done with that tank of gas. Just filled up at my normal place and put some b12 injector cleaner in it to be safe.

Any wheel spin/ Was DSC off? @rfinkle2; @ms3blackmica; @atvfreek; can give you more input.
No wheel spin and DSC was on. I was in the middle of fucking with an srt4 caliber when it first started haha
Daily driven

Last edited by derek13p; 03-17-2013 at 08:46 PM. Reason: Ninja edits
The Following User Says Thank You to derek13p For This Useful Post:
Payne Racing 67 (03-17-2013)
 Old 03-17-2013, 08:46 PM   #4

Payne Racing 67 is the leader of the worldPayne Racing 67 is the leader of the worldPayne Racing 67 is the leader of the worldPayne Racing 67 is the leader of the worldPayne Racing 67 is the leader of the worldPayne Racing 67 is the leader of the worldPayne Racing 67 is the leader of the worldPayne Racing 67 is the leader of the worldPayne Racing 67 is the leader of the worldPayne Racing 67 is the leader of the worldPayne Racing 67 is the leader of the world
Not Ranked  0 score     

Originally Posted by derek13p View Post
Yeah I literally just purchased a tune from stratified 2 nights ago and sent them those 2 wot logs and 2 maf logs so I should be getting into a good tune soon.

As far as the pressure drop in log 20 though. Should I be concerned? it did that in 3rd 4th and 5th gear when I was on the road and went wot. But after I got to a friends house to show him it didn't do it again and by that time I was pretty much done with that tank of gas. Just filled up at my normal place and put some b12 injector cleaner in it to be safe.
Ohhhh woah, wait....I missed that until you pointed it out. Possibly bad gas but keep on eye on it man...seems like the internals could possibly be fuckin up. Your FP definitely should not be dropping THAT low
Badsnake 2003 Cobra: Ported Eaton, 2.93 upper, 4lb lower, Steeda intake, fuel system, LF Heat Excg, MGW Shifter, MM Coilovers, Billet Flow IRS Brace, Magnaflow O/R X Pipe/CBE, Fiore Clutch Quadrant/Adjuster, MT ET Street Radials 515rwhp/525rwtq.

Old 03-17-2013, 08:54 PM   #5

btstarcher is the leader of the worldbtstarcher is the leader of the worldbtstarcher is the leader of the worldbtstarcher is the leader of the worldbtstarcher is the leader of the worldbtstarcher is the leader of the worldbtstarcher is the leader of the worldbtstarcher is the leader of the worldbtstarcher is the leader of the worldbtstarcher is the leader of the worldbtstarcher is the leader of the world
Thanked 3,514 Times in 1,757 Posts
Groans: 110
Groaned at 38 Times in 22 Posts
Not Ranked  0 score     

Fuel cut/throttle close?
JBR 3.5" whale penis intake, HTP polished battery tray, PnP stock intake manifold w/VCTS delete (by Kmac), Corksport TMIC, Forge V2 BPV, JBR TIG's, Kozmic EGR delete, Cobb AP, PTP HPFP internals, stock TBE w/gutted cats, JBR RMM, SU PMM and TMM, Koni Yellow Sport struts, Swift springs, Tri Point Engineering RSB, Whiteline Anti Lift Kit, PTP Injector Seals, GenPu transmission, Fidanza flywheel, 3 BAR MAP sensor, Posifab 10.5:1 CR 88mm sexy pistons, Molnar rods, sleeved block, PTP BSD

SnailTune in progress
btstarcher is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to btstarcher For This Useful Post:
DingoDave (03-18-2013)
 Old 03-17-2013, 08:55 PM   #6

(Thread Starter)
Not Ranked  0 score     

Ohhhh woah, wait....I missed that until you pointed it out. Possibly bad gas but keep on eye on it man...seems like the internals could possibly be fuckin up. Your FP definitely should not be dropping THAT low
So should I be looking into purchasing new fp internals or a whole pump or what?
Daily driven
 Old 03-17-2013, 09:01 PM   #7

(Thread Starter)
Not Ranked  0 score     

Originally Posted by btstarcher View Post
Fuel cut/throttle close?
Yeah I saw that too. I had it floored until the boost started getting cut so i'm not sure why the throttle pos was decreasing..
Daily driven
 Old 03-17-2013, 09:03 PM   #8

btstarcher is the leader of the worldbtstarcher is the leader of the worldbtstarcher is the leader of the worldbtstarcher is the leader of the worldbtstarcher is the leader of the worldbtstarcher is the leader of the worldbtstarcher is the leader of the worldbtstarcher is the leader of the worldbtstarcher is the leader of the worldbtstarcher is the leader of the worldbtstarcher is the leader of the world
Not Ranked  0 score     

After looking at the log, I don't think it's fuel cut, but not sure.
JBR 3.5" whale penis intake, HTP polished battery tray, PnP stock intake manifold w/VCTS delete (by Kmac), Corksport TMIC, Forge V2 BPV, JBR TIG's, Kozmic EGR delete, Cobb AP, PTP HPFP internals, stock TBE w/gutted cats, JBR RMM, SU PMM and TMM, Koni Yellow Sport struts, Swift springs, Tri Point Engineering RSB, Whiteline Anti Lift Kit, PTP Injector Seals, GenPu transmission, Fidanza flywheel, 3 BAR MAP sensor, Posifab 10.5:1 CR 88mm sexy pistons, Molnar rods, sleeved block, PTP BSD

SnailTune in progress
 Old 03-17-2013, 09:11 PM   #9

(Thread Starter)
Not Ranked  0 score     

Originally Posted by btstarcher View Post
After looking at the log, I don't think it's fuel cut, but not sure.
Any ideas on what I should do?
Daily driven
 Old 03-18-2013, 12:04 AM   #10

Not Ranked  0 score     

@Boost_creep;

SnailTune in progress
 Old 03-18-2013, 12:41 AM   #11

turboKart is the leader of the worldturboKart is the leader of the worldturboKart is the leader of the worldturboKart is the leader of the worldturboKart is the leader of the worldturboKart is the leader of the worldturboKart is the leader of the worldturboKart is the leader of the worldturboKart is the leader of the worldturboKart is the leader of the worldturboKart is the leader of the world
Groans: 2
Groaned at 8 Times in 4 Posts
Not Ranked  0 score     
Default my opinion, for free, and worth it!

Do you have an AP? Turn on other parameters, like [Accel. Pedal Pos.], [Fuel Inj. Amt], [HPFP Des. Press.], [HPFP Sens. Volt.], [Inj. Duty Cycle and Pulse Width]. It could be the spill valve - if you look at voltage and demanded psi, you should see something. There are threads on cleaning the pump worth a look as well. I think the Relief Valve can cause that too, but I'm not sure how to troubleshoot it.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg guttor.jpg (23.8 KB, 45 views)

Last edited by turboKart; 03-18-2013 at 12:51 AM.
turboKart is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to turboKart For This Useful Post:
derek13p (03-18-2013)
 Old 03-18-2013, 04:39 AM   #12

atvfreek is the leader of the worldatvfreek is the leader of the worldatvfreek is the leader of the worldatvfreek is the leader of the worldatvfreek is the leader of the worldatvfreek is the leader of the worldatvfreek is the leader of the worldatvfreek is the leader of the worldatvfreek is the leader of the worldatvfreek is the leader of the worldatvfreek is the leader of the world
Thanked 22,996 Times in 6,141 Posts
Groans: 37
Groaned at 20 Times in 17 Posts
Not Ranked  0 score     

No wheel spin and DSC was on. I was in the middle of fucking with an srt4 caliber when it first started haha
Is that the only log that fuel pressure has dropped that low?
11.321@129.93
atvfreek is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to atvfreek For This Useful Post:
rfinkle2 (03-18-2013)
 Old 03-18-2013, 06:05 AM   #13

Not Ranked  0 score     

Originally Posted by atvfreek View Post
Yeah Justin the 2 that he took before it were fine. Thats why Im not sure what to gather from the last one. Why is the pressure dropping so dangerously low other than the fp acting up

Sent from the Smurfmobile

Old 03-18-2013, 06:11 AM   #14

(Thread Starter)
Not Ranked  0 score     

Originally Posted by turboKart View Post
Do you have an AP? Turn on other parameters, like [Accel. Pedal Pos.], [Fuel Inj. Amt], [HPFP Des. Press.], [HPFP Sens. Volt.], [Inj. Duty Cycle and Pulse Width]. It could be the spill valve - if you look at voltage and demanded psi, you should see something. There are threads on cleaning the pump worth a look as well. I think the Relief Valve can cause that too, but I'm not sure how to troubleshoot it.
I can turn those all on and try and duplicate the issue again if you think its safe to do so.
That's the only time I logged the issue. I was able to duplicate it 5-6 times within a few minutes in different gears, all around the same rpm, before I took out the AP and did it one last time to log it and then just took it easy for the rest of the drive.
I know for sure that each time whatever happened happened it was getting boost cut in the higher rpms and that's what made the vehicle start to stutter and loose power. I am not sure if it was dropping fuel pressure the other times, though I would only assume that was why it was cutting the boost since fuel pressure was cut/dropped first?
Daily driven
 Old 03-18-2013, 06:12 AM   #15

rfinkle2 is the leader of the worldrfinkle2 is the leader of the worldrfinkle2 is the leader of the worldrfinkle2 is the leader of the worldrfinkle2 is the leader of the worldrfinkle2 is the leader of the worldrfinkle2 is the leader of the worldrfinkle2 is the leader of the worldrfinkle2 is the leader of the worldrfinkle2 is the leader of the worldrfinkle2 is the leader of the world
Thanked 33,217 Times in 10,050 Posts
Groans: 298
Groaned at 292 Times in 196 Posts
Not Ranked  0 score     

What intake are you running?
rfinkle2 is offline   Reply With Quote
 Old 03-18-2013, 06:14 AM   #16

atvfreek is the leader of the worldatvfreek is the leader of the worldatvfreek is the leader of the worldatvfreek is the leader of the worldatvfreek is the leader of the worldatvfreek is the leader of the worldatvfreek is the leader of the worldatvfreek is the leader of the worldatvfreek is the leader of the worldatvfreek is the leader of the worldatvfreek is the leader of the world
Thanked 22,996 Times in 6,141 Posts
Groans: 37
Groaned at 20 Times in 17 Posts
Not Ranked  0 score     

Yeah Justin the 2 that he took before it were fine. Thats why Im not sure what to gather from the last one. Why is the pressure dropping so dangerously low other than the fp acting up

Sent from the Smurfmobile
I can turn those all on and try and duplicate the issue again if you think its safe to do so.

That's the only time I logged the issue. I was able to duplicate it 5-6 times within a few minutes in different gears, all around the same rpm, before I took out the AP and did it one last time to log it and then just took it easy for the rest of the drive.
I know for sure that each time whatever happened happened it was getting boost cut in the higher rpms and that's what made the vehicle start to stutter and loose power. I am not sure if it was dropping fuel pressure the other times, though I would only assume that was why it was cutting the boost since fuel pressure was cut/dropped first?

If you are able to duplicate it, then you need to address that before lex can tune you. I doubt the autotechs have failed, but you never know. The autotechs do over run the relief valve frequently, so it may be the relief valve that has taken the hit. Really the only way to find out is to swap components with a known good component.
rfinkle2 likes this.
11.321@129.93
atvfreek is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to atvfreek For This Useful Post:
alex_speed13 (05-21-2013), derek13p (03-18-2013), Payne Racing 67 (03-18-2013), rfinkle2 (03-18-2013), timjs (05-14-2013)
 Old 03-18-2013, 07:17 AM   #17

(Thread Starter)
Not Ranked  0 score     

If you are able to duplicate it, then you need to address that before lex can tune you. I doubt the autotechs have failed, but you never know. The autotechs do over run the relief valve frequently, so it may be the relief valve that has taken the hit. Really the only way to find out is to swap components with a known good component.
Well once I got to san Antonio and got to another members house to show him we tried a few pulls in 3rd and couldn't duplicate it again. He recommended me change my plugs, said it might be bad gas, and told me to run some b12 injector cleaner. So when the tank was on E I filled up with some 93 that I knew was always good and put the b12 in there.

I can have those other parameters checked and go do a wot or two on a good stretch of road here in a few hours and post up what happens?...

Originally Posted by rfinkle2 View Post
What intake are you running?
I've got the cobb sri/tip combo.
Daily driven

Last edited by derek13p; 03-18-2013 at 07:36 AM.
 Old 03-18-2013, 07:39 AM   #18

Not Ranked  0 score     

Well once I got to san Antonio and got to another members house to show him we tried a few pulls in 3rd and couldn't duplicate it again. He recommended me change my plugs, said it might be bad gas, and told me to run some b12 injector cleaner. So when the tank was on E I filled up with some 93 that I knew was always good and put the b12 in there.

I can have those other parameters checked and go do a wot or two on a good stretch of road here in a few hours and post up what happens?...

I've got the cobb sri/tip combo.
I would go and do it anyways man. Just so that we can look at the logs and either determine what is wrong, or possibly be able to say it was in fact just bad gas.

The Following User Says Thank You to Payne Racing 67 For This Useful Post:
derek13p (03-18-2013)
 Old 03-18-2013, 07:42 AM   #19

rfinkle2 is the leader of the worldrfinkle2 is the leader of the worldrfinkle2 is the leader of the worldrfinkle2 is the leader of the worldrfinkle2 is the leader of the worldrfinkle2 is the leader of the worldrfinkle2 is the leader of the worldrfinkle2 is the leader of the worldrfinkle2 is the leader of the worldrfinkle2 is the leader of the worldrfinkle2 is the leader of the world
Thanked 33,217 Times in 10,050 Posts
Groans: 298
Groaned at 292 Times in 196 Posts
Not Ranked  0 score     

atvfreek and Joey both give excellent advice here. I tend to agree that your rail valve may be starting to go bad.

Have you had any strange idle issues?
rfinkle2 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to rfinkle2 For This Useful Post:
atvfreek (03-18-2013), derek13p (03-18-2013), Payne Racing 67 (03-18-2013)
 Old 03-18-2013, 08:12 AM   #20

(Thread Starter)
Not Ranked  0 score     

I would go and do it anyways man. Just so that we can look at the logs and either determine what is wrong, or possibly be able to say it was in fact just bad gas.
for sure, I'll do that here in an hour or so then

Originally Posted by rfinkle2 View Post
atvfreek and Joey both give excellent advice here. I tend to agree that your rail valve may be starting to go bad.

Have you had any strange idle issues?
hmm, I had noticed while idling a few days ago a slight thump/knock that I felt through the peddles. Happened randomly and was real slight then went away.
Daily driven
 Old 03-18-2013, 09:51 AM   #21

(Thread Starter)
Not Ranked  0 score     

So I went out and did 5 logs, watched fuel pressure the whole time and it never dipped, boost never cut either.

Differences between now and when it happed:
Different gas
B12 injector cleaner
Traction control off
Wasn't running car for over an hour

Logs are attached
Attached Files
File Type: csv 1st log 3-4th gear pull.csv (18.7 KB, 1 views)
File Type: csv 2nd log 4th gear pull.csv (12.5 KB, 1 views)
File Type: csv 3rd log 4th gear pull.csv (12.8 KB, 1 views)
File Type: csv 4th log 3-4-5 pull.csv (29.7 KB, 3 views)
File Type: csv last 3-4 pull.csv (26.7 KB, 6 views)
Daily driven
 Old 03-18-2013, 11:45 AM   #22

turboKart is the leader of the worldturboKart is the leader of the worldturboKart is the leader of the worldturboKart is the leader of the worldturboKart is the leader of the worldturboKart is the leader of the worldturboKart is the leader of the worldturboKart is the leader of the worldturboKart is the leader of the worldturboKart is the leader of the worldturboKart is the leader of the world
Not Ranked  0 score     
Default careful, mi amigo

The last log you posted looks ok - AFR is =<11, and your pump is not dropping pressure. Your IDC is 75%, which is within the [60-80?] I've heard as ok, especially since you are running rich.

But - I am not offering to analyze yer log - I just want to push the fact that everything you need, other than the tools and will to get under the hood, is right here, based on my experience.

That, and the fact I would not drive that car without AT LEAST ALWAYS logging and watching your hpfp psi until you fix this - what you have logged is a condition that I believe kills these engines...and whatever the problem was may have just flushed elsewhere, or just be waiting to do it again. There are some great threads on how to work/maintain the HPFP components here.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg guttor.jpg (23.8 KB, 17 views)
File Type: jpg beer_change_sm1.jpg (76.5 KB, 14 views)
derek13p (03-18-2013)
 Old 03-18-2013, 12:59 PM   #23

(Thread Starter)
Not Ranked  0 score     

That, and the fact I would not drive that car without AT LEAST ALWAYS logging and watching your hpfp psi until you fix this - what you have logged is a condition that I believe kills these engines...and whatever the problem was may have just flushed elsewhere, or just be waiting to do it again. There are some great threads on how to work/maintain the HPFP components here.
Definitely, that's why I got straight on here for help. I was so scared to go zzb.
I'm going to use more injector cleaner and change my plugs and check the internals and clean them next chance I get.
that and I hope getting this new tune will help out
Daily driven
 Old 03-18-2013, 09:44 PM   #24

Not Ranked  0 score     
Default the beard will guide you

Here is a great link on taking off the spill valve and cleaning it out.
It comes off easy with a 32mm wrench.
http://www.mazdaspeedforums.org/foru...le-hpfp-96970/
Attached Images
File Type: jpg PeaceOWT.jpg (17.3 KB, 20 views)
derek13p (03-19-2013)
 Old 03-19-2013, 10:56 AM   #25

(Thread Starter)
Not Ranked  0 score     

Here is a great link on taking off the spill valve and cleaning it out.
It comes off easy with a 32mm wrench.
http://www.mazdaspeedforums.org/foru...le-hpfp-96970/
hell yeah, thanks man, I'll be doing that for sure!
Daily driven
 Old 05-14-2013, 08:51 AM   #26

mazdaspeed916 has a reputation beyond reputemazdaspeed916 has a reputation beyond reputemazdaspeed916 has a reputation beyond reputemazdaspeed916 has a reputation beyond reputemazdaspeed916 has a reputation beyond reputemazdaspeed916 has a reputation beyond reputemazdaspeed916 has a reputation beyond reputemazdaspeed916 has a reputation beyond reputemazdaspeed916 has a reputation beyond reputemazdaspeed916 has a reputation beyond reputemazdaspeed916 has a reputation beyond repute
Groans: 0
Groaned at 2 Times in 2 Posts
Not Ranked  0 score     

@derek13p I am running the same OTS map (minus the changed commanded AFR to 11.6) you are right now and I had the same hiccup last night. Was in 3rd WOT and i want to say around 4500 RPM car just lost power but I haven't been able to replicate it like you did. I'd like to see what you find out.
SOLD AS OF 6/20/13 Velocity Red 2010 Genpu -Drag Wheels DR-31 18X8 5-100/114 48FBR -Cobb DP -Cobb SRI/TIP -Cobb AP Selftune -Cobb Shift Weight -CP-E TMIC-CP-E RMM CP-E HPFP -DENSO Sparkplugs -Ksport Coilovers -SPC Camber Arms - Whiteline Front Endlinks -Forge BPV v.2 -CorkSport Front License Plate -UR Catback
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

New Ride:
Snowflake White Pearl 2014 Mazda 6 Grand Touring
mazdaspeed916 is offline   Reply With Quote
 Old 05-14-2013, 04:01 PM   #27

(Thread Starter)
Not Ranked  0 score     

Originally Posted by mazdaspeed916 View Post
@derek13p I am running the same OTS map (minus the changed commanded AFR to 11.6) you are right now and I had the same hiccup last night. Was in 3rd WOT and i want to say around 4500 RPM car just lost power but I haven't been able to replicate it like you did. I'd like to see what you find out.
Bad gas is what I had. I put some fuel system cleaner in and took it easy till next fill up(drained tank) and then filled up where I knew the gas was good and I haven't had it since.
Daily driven
 Old 05-14-2013, 04:35 PM   #28

mazdaspeed916 has a reputation beyond reputemazdaspeed916 has a reputation beyond reputemazdaspeed916 has a reputation beyond reputemazdaspeed916 has a reputation beyond reputemazdaspeed916 has a reputation beyond reputemazdaspeed916 has a reputation beyond reputemazdaspeed916 has a reputation beyond reputemazdaspeed916 has a reputation beyond reputemazdaspeed916 has a reputation beyond reputemazdaspeed916 has a reputation beyond reputemazdaspeed916 has a reputation beyond repute
Not Ranked  0 score     

Bad gas is what I had. I put some fuel system cleaner in and took it easy till next fill up(drained tank) and then filled up where I knew the gas was good and I haven't had it since.
Now that I think about it I did goto a different gas station from usual.
SOLD AS OF 6/20/13 Velocity Red 2010 Genpu -Drag Wheels DR-31 18X8 5-100/114 48FBR -Cobb DP -Cobb SRI/TIP -Cobb AP Selftune -Cobb Shift Weight -CP-E TMIC-CP-E RMM CP-E HPFP -DENSO Sparkplugs -Ksport Coilovers -SPC Camber Arms - Whiteline Front Endlinks -Forge BPV v.2 -CorkSport Front License Plate -UR Catback
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

New Ride:
 Old 05-14-2013, 04:57 PM   #29

(Thread Starter)
Not Ranked  0 score     

Now that I think about it I did goto a different gas station from usual.
yeah, just fill up where you normally do or in nice parts of town where you know people buy premium.
hope that's all that it was for you.
were the symptoms exactly the same?
Daily driven
 Old 05-15-2013, 08:40 AM   #30

Not Ranked  0 score     

yeah, just fill up where you normally do or in nice parts of town where you know people buy premium.
hope that's all that it was for you.
were the symptoms exactly the same?
Pretty much identical, did you have a different idle also until you got rid of the bad gas?
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

New Ride:
 Old 05-15-2013, 10:44 AM   #31

(Thread Starter)
Not Ranked  0 score     

Pretty much identical, did you have a different idle also until you got rid of the bad gas?
hmm, idk, I drove across Texas so the gas was gone pretty fast hahs
Daily driven
 Old 05-27-2013, 08:38 PM   #32

Texas Speed Demon Fag has a reputation beyond reputeTexas Speed Demon Fag has a reputation beyond reputeTexas Speed Demon Fag has a reputation beyond reputeTexas Speed Demon Fag has a reputation beyond reputeTexas Speed Demon Fag has a reputation beyond reputeTexas Speed Demon Fag has a reputation beyond reputeTexas Speed Demon Fag has a reputation beyond reputeTexas Speed Demon Fag has a reputation beyond reputeTexas Speed Demon Fag has a reputation beyond reputeTexas Speed Demon Fag has a reputation beyond reputeTexas Speed Demon Fag has a reputation beyond repute
Groans: 5
Groaned at 22 Times in 19 Posts
Not Ranked  0 score     

#Richtune any ideas?
Texas Speed Demon Fag is offline   Reply With Quote
 Old 05-27-2013, 09:24 PM   #33
MSF's Punishing Member

Pu Manchu is the leader of the worldPu Manchu is the leader of the worldPu Manchu is the leader of the worldPu Manchu is the leader of the worldPu Manchu is the leader of the worldPu Manchu is the leader of the worldPu Manchu is the leader of the worldPu Manchu is the leader of the worldPu Manchu is the leader of the worldPu Manchu is the leader of the worldPu Manchu is the leader of the world
Thanked 5,056 Times in 1,707 Posts
Groans: 510
Groaned at 169 Times in 106 Posts
Not Ranked  0 score     

#inspectorgadget #swaglife #derekdoo #realtalk #badgas #oldthread #problemsolved #nce @pzr2874;