register gallery

Go Back   Mazdaspeed Forums >
MAZDASPEED SECTION
>
Mazdaspeed 3 MZR Gen2 Forums (2010-2013)
> 2010 MS3 - ECU Computer Tuning

Welcome to Mazdaspeed Forums .

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

*When you join MSF as a registered user, there will be No Ads.

*Registered Members get access to the Off Topic Area of the Forum

*Registered Members have an opportunity to upgrade their accounts to VIP, which brings a host of goddies for supporting MSF such as Raffles, Additional Forum Access, More PM Storage, The ability to upload more Images and many other enhancements.

*Registered members also get access to the live chat box!
Like Tree4Likes
  • 1 Post By mrmonk7663
  • 1 Post By spoof3r
  • 1 Post By Pedal-Force
  • 1 Post By captain slow

Bookmark and Share LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
 Old 09-29-2011, 06:12 PM   #1

spoof3r is the leader of the worldspoof3r is the leader of the worldspoof3r is the leader of the worldspoof3r is the leader of the worldspoof3r is the leader of the worldspoof3r is the leader of the worldspoof3r is the leader of the worldspoof3r is the leader of the worldspoof3r is the leader of the worldspoof3r is the leader of the worldspoof3r is the leader of the world
Groans: 2
Groaned at 2 Times in 2 Posts
(Thread Starter)
Not Ranked  0 score     
Default LC Rev Limit value through AP

Enabled launch control and FFS through AccessTUNER. Now I'm trying to dial it in, but for some reason I can only make changes through AcccessTUNER. My buddy can do it right through his handheld AP device in the car. The option to change the rev limiter isn't an option on mine.

Seriously? It's only possible to change this directly through AccessTUNER?

What are your LC settings set to? How have they worked for you? Feedback please ;-)
2010 Mazdaspeed3 - Garrett GT3076R Turbo, SteedSpeed Manifold, Tial 38mm External Wastegate w/ Dump Tube, ATP Big MAF Housing, ATP 3" TIP/Intake, HKS SSQV BOV, Ultimate Racing FMIC, Ultimate Racing Catless DP, CS Test pipe, CS Catback Exhaust, Autotech HPFP Internals, Hallman Pro Boost Controller, Cobb AccessPORT, BC Coilovers, DDM 8000k HID's, Red Brake Calipers w/ Decals, Custom Smoked Headlights, Smoked Taillights, 18% Window Tint.

2011 Mazda2 Sport - OEM Fog Lights, OEM Touring Rear Spoiler, Sport Edition F2 Silver Wheels, Green Brake Calipers, 18% Window Tint,

Social Engineering - Because there is no patch for human stupidity.
spoof3r is offline   Reply With Quote
 Old 09-29-2011, 06:14 PM   #2

helmetface is the leader of the worldhelmetface is the leader of the worldhelmetface is the leader of the worldhelmetface is the leader of the worldhelmetface is the leader of the worldhelmetface is the leader of the worldhelmetface is the leader of the worldhelmetface is the leader of the worldhelmetface is the leader of the worldhelmetface is the leader of the worldhelmetface is the leader of the world
Thanked 8,524 Times in 3,186 Posts
Groans: 219
Groaned at 70 Times in 52 Posts
Not Ranked  0 score     

To my knowledge, these changes can only be made at a computer, through ATR. Unless your "buddy" is referring to changing maps on the fly.

Play around with the LC/FFS settings. Its not difficult.
 Old 09-29-2011, 06:15 PM   #3

Boost Addict is the leader of the worldBoost Addict is the leader of the worldBoost Addict is the leader of the worldBoost Addict is the leader of the worldBoost Addict is the leader of the worldBoost Addict is the leader of the worldBoost Addict is the leader of the worldBoost Addict is the leader of the worldBoost Addict is the leader of the worldBoost Addict is the leader of the worldBoost Addict is the leader of the world
Thanked 1,591 Times in 505 Posts
Groans: 41
Groaned at 50 Times in 21 Posts
Not Ranked  0 score     

Pretty sure you cant do it through the AP directly with our cars, only through ATR. I have my LC set to 3600 and it works great, ease off the clutch and it just hooks.
2008.5 BM MS3 // Cobb AP V3// JBR 3.5" WP Full Intake // CXRacing Piping/Godspeed Core // CNT 3" Catted Downpipe // Custom 3" CBE // KMD v2.1 Fuel Pump Internals // Turbosmart Dual Port BOV // Airlift Suspension // Corksport Skid Plate // JBR 88Duro Dogbone RMM // JBR SSP // SURE AGS Knob // Denso ITV22 // STACK Boost Gauge // DDM 6k Low HID's // CP-e Towplate // 15% Tint // 18x10 Blitz Type 03

FREEKTUNE
Boost Addict is offline   Reply With Quote
 Old 09-29-2011, 06:30 PM   #4

spoof3r is the leader of the worldspoof3r is the leader of the worldspoof3r is the leader of the worldspoof3r is the leader of the worldspoof3r is the leader of the worldspoof3r is the leader of the worldspoof3r is the leader of the worldspoof3r is the leader of the worldspoof3r is the leader of the worldspoof3r is the leader of the worldspoof3r is the leader of the world
(Thread Starter)
Not Ranked  0 score     

I'll be honest right now. I have never even touched ATR until about 5 minutes ago. I just had a tune done last night, but the tuner set it to 4500rpms; way to high. I don't know anything about ECU tuning, but I really want to change this. I'm just really scared if I start playing with the tuner's map I have on my car I'll jack something up. It took us 5 hours to get it where it is now because we kept having issues.

Can someone confirm what I think needs to happen? I got the map my tuner created last night off of the AP. Saved it to the PC. I opened ATR and loaded the map. I'm in the Limited Tables folder. I see FSS Rev Limiter, LC Rev Limiter, Rev Limiter, Speed Limiter, Speed Limiter Hysteresis, and Vehicle Speed Threshold for LC/FFS.

Current values:
FSS Rev Limiter: 6000 (Rev Limit RPM)
LC Rev Limiter: 4500
Rev Limiter: 6700
Speed Limiter: 250
Speed Limiter Hysteresis: 5.64
Vehicle Speed Threshold for LC/FFS: 5 (MPH)

Thanks guys. This is awesome. Hope this solves my 60' issue ;-)
2010 Mazdaspeed3 - Garrett GT3076R Turbo, SteedSpeed Manifold, Tial 38mm External Wastegate w/ Dump Tube, ATP Big MAF Housing, ATP 3" TIP/Intake, HKS SSQV BOV, Ultimate Racing FMIC, Ultimate Racing Catless DP, CS Test pipe, CS Catback Exhaust, Autotech HPFP Internals, Hallman Pro Boost Controller, Cobb AccessPORT, BC Coilovers, DDM 8000k HID's, Red Brake Calipers w/ Decals, Custom Smoked Headlights, Smoked Taillights, 18% Window Tint.

2011 Mazda2 Sport - OEM Fog Lights, OEM Touring Rear Spoiler, Sport Edition F2 Silver Wheels, Green Brake Calipers, 18% Window Tint,

Old 09-29-2011, 06:38 PM   #5

Boost Addict is the leader of the worldBoost Addict is the leader of the worldBoost Addict is the leader of the worldBoost Addict is the leader of the worldBoost Addict is the leader of the worldBoost Addict is the leader of the worldBoost Addict is the leader of the worldBoost Addict is the leader of the worldBoost Addict is the leader of the worldBoost Addict is the leader of the worldBoost Addict is the leader of the world
Not Ranked  0 score     

Yup, thats right. Go to the LC rev limiter table and click the box and press the E key and enter the desired RPM you want. Save the map, reload to AP, and re-flash it to the car.
2008.5 BM MS3 // Cobb AP V3// JBR 3.5" WP Full Intake // CXRacing Piping/Godspeed Core // CNT 3" Catted Downpipe // Custom 3" CBE // KMD v2.1 Fuel Pump Internals // Turbosmart Dual Port BOV // Airlift Suspension // Corksport Skid Plate // JBR 88Duro Dogbone RMM // JBR SSP // SURE AGS Knob // Denso ITV22 // STACK Boost Gauge // DDM 6k Low HID's // CP-e Towplate // 15% Tint // 18x10 Blitz Type 03

FREEKTUNE
 Old 09-29-2011, 06:41 PM   #6

(Thread Starter)
Not Ranked  0 score     

Awesome thanks.

I've been reading other posts, and it seems there may be some MPH value I need to alter somewhere? I've read the Help document on the Mazdaspeed3 Gen2 ATR, but that didn't really give me any info. Some of the posts I read didn't come to any real conclusions that made much sense as to what needs to be altered.

It sounds like after a certain speed the LC turns off? The one table I do see right now is set to 5mph...I sure hope that isn't the one since that makes LC sound pretty pointless.

Old 09-29-2011, 06:45 PM   #7

Not Ranked  0 score     

Originally Posted by spoof3r View Post
Awesome thanks.

I've been reading other posts, and it seems there may be some MPH value I need to alter somewhere? I've read the Help document on the Mazdaspeed3 Gen2 ATR, but that didn't really give me any info. Some of the posts I read didn't come to any real conclusions that made much sense as to what needs to be altered.

It sounds like after a certain speed the LC turns off? The one table I do see right now is set to 5mph...I sure hope that isn't the one since that makes LC sound pretty pointless.
IIRC, that table is the speed for when over that MPH LC is disabled.

FREEKTUNE
The Following User Says Thank You to Boost Addict For This Useful Post:
spoof3r (09-29-2011)
 Old 09-29-2011, 06:46 PM   #8

2011speed is the leader of the world2011speed is the leader of the world2011speed is the leader of the world2011speed is the leader of the world2011speed is the leader of the world2011speed is the leader of the world2011speed is the leader of the world2011speed is the leader of the world2011speed is the leader of the world2011speed is the leader of the world2011speed is the leader of the world
Thanked 1,261 Times in 533 Posts
Groans: 16
Groaned at 31 Times in 21 Posts
Not Ranked  0 score     

Originally Posted by bbode0 View Post
IIRC, that table is the speed for when over that MPH LC is disabled.
Ur buddy is adjusting the shift light.

2011 Velocity red Mazdaspeed 3-SOLD.

FreeKtuned
fitty fitty
2011speed is offline   Reply With Quote
 Old 09-29-2011, 09:05 PM   #9

(Thread Starter)
Not Ranked  0 score     

What are good target speeds before disabling LC? I've gotta figure something out. This thing is way to hard to launch. It either bogs or spins non stop. I'm at 5800ft elevation, but my 60' on my current setup was 2.5! Yet I still trapped 108.

I got my MK4 GTI 1.8T without a big turbo to pull of a 2.1 60' on a K03...

Old 09-29-2011, 09:21 PM   #10

mrmonk7663 is the leader of the worldmrmonk7663 is the leader of the worldmrmonk7663 is the leader of the worldmrmonk7663 is the leader of the worldmrmonk7663 is the leader of the worldmrmonk7663 is the leader of the worldmrmonk7663 is the leader of the worldmrmonk7663 is the leader of the worldmrmonk7663 is the leader of the worldmrmonk7663 is the leader of the worldmrmonk7663 is the leader of the world
Thanked 2,449 Times in 1,248 Posts
Groans: 14
Groaned at 17 Times in 9 Posts
Not Ranked  0 score     

1. FSS Limiter...this is the rpm limit that the ECU will allow you to successfully FFS. If you shift consistently at 6000rpms, that is fine. If you shift higher, raise it up a bit.
2. LC Limiter...this is the rpm that the ecu will hold when you are staged and have the pedal mashed down.
3. Rev Limiter...this is the rpm that the ecu will allow the engine to rev to...6700 should be fine. This limit, if higher, is independent of the FFS Limiter. So if you are not FFS you can rev your car out to 6700...not necessary to rev that high though. FWIW my rev limiter is at 6700 also.
4. Speed Limiter...this is the top speed limit of vehicle...250 is basically disabling the speed limiter...you will never come close to that.
5. SPeed Limiter Hysteresis...this is how many mph your vehicle must decelerate if you hit the speed limiter before allowing you to have throttle control again.
6. Vehicle SPeed threshold...this is the maximum MPH That the LC rev limiter will remain active. When you go over this MPH the LC rev limiter becomes inactive.

Hope this helps. If I screwed up anything above then my apologies, but Im pretty sure its correct. The values that you currently need to edit are the LC Rev Limiter. This will be a trial and error based on your tune, power, tires, weather, elevation etc. Start out at around 3k and go from there as you see fit.
Originally Posted by spoof3r View Post

Current values:
FSS Rev Limiter: 6000 (Rev Limit RPM)
LC Rev Limiter: 4500
Rev Limiter: 6700
Speed Limiter: 250
Speed Limiter Hysteresis: 5.64
Vehicle Speed Threshold for LC/FFS: 5 (MPH)

Thanks guys. This is awesome. Hope this solves my 60' issue ;-)
spoof3r likes this.

"There is a war going on for your mind. If you are thinking, you are winning. Resistance is victory. Defeat is impossible. Your weapons are already in hand. Reach within you and find the means by which to gain your freedom. Fight with tools. Your fate,and that of everyone you know, depends on it."

TEAM LBN BEERS -- FYCN
TEAM MUMFORD -- FYCN

Last edited by mrmonk7663; 09-29-2011 at 10:07 PM.
mrmonk7663 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to mrmonk7663 For This Useful Post:
crazyp (10-04-2011), dohc (01-19-2014), SLOWHATCH (12-03-2011), spoof3r (09-29-2011), wolly6973 (10-04-2011), xTRELLx (07-04-2014)
 Old 09-29-2011, 09:36 PM   #11

(Thread Starter)
Not Ranked  0 score     

@mrmonk7663 Thanks for that info. I guess I'll be messing around with this stuff here tomorrow and test it out. It's really too bad we don't have direct access to those settings through the AP device itself. Whatever, ATR is fine I guess.

Isn't the whole point of launch control supposed to be that it keeps you at the target RPM range until you get to the specified speed? It only makes sense to me since the whole point is to not be high in those RPM's when you launch.

Old 09-29-2011, 09:40 PM   #12

mrmonk7663 is the leader of the worldmrmonk7663 is the leader of the worldmrmonk7663 is the leader of the worldmrmonk7663 is the leader of the worldmrmonk7663 is the leader of the worldmrmonk7663 is the leader of the worldmrmonk7663 is the leader of the worldmrmonk7663 is the leader of the worldmrmonk7663 is the leader of the worldmrmonk7663 is the leader of the worldmrmonk7663 is the leader of the world
Thanked 2,449 Times in 1,248 Posts
Groans: 14
Groaned at 17 Times in 9 Posts
Not Ranked  0 score     

Many vehicles can be equipped with aftermarket devices that allow you to stage at a commanded rpm for a launch, like at the drag strip. The reason for this is because with drive by wire throttle, it is sometimes difficult to maintain a constant rpm while staging...LC allows you to hold an rpm without worrying about keeping the throttle pedal in the perfect position. Most devices I know of do only this. Once launched the car revs up as normal...With the Cobb tables it appears that they take this a step further by allowing you to keep the commanded launch rpm up to a certain MPH. Again, I have not confirmed this but i'm sure many others have.

EDIT...I just verified with ATR Helpfile....as long as vehicle is below the LC vehicle speed threshold the LC Rev limiter will remain active...so if you set it at 5mph...it will not rev higher than what you command until 5mph or more.

"There is a war going on for your mind. If you are thinking, you are winning. Resistance is victory. Defeat is impossible. Your weapons are already in hand. Reach within you and find the means by which to gain your freedom. Fight with tools. Your fate,and that of everyone you know, depends on it."

TEAM LBN BEERS -- FYCN
TEAM MUMFORD -- FYCN

Last edited by mrmonk7663; 09-29-2011 at 10:06 PM.
mrmonk7663 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to mrmonk7663 For This Useful Post:
spoof3r (09-30-2011)
 Old 10-04-2011, 02:26 PM   #13

andreMS3 will become famous soon enoughandreMS3 will become famous soon enough
Groans: 0
Groaned at 7 Times in 2 Posts
Not Ranked  0 score     

So I am running safe mode for now can i get LC and FFS for safe more?
andreMS3 is offline   Reply With Quote
 Old 10-04-2011, 02:28 PM   #14

2011speed is the leader of the world2011speed is the leader of the world2011speed is the leader of the world2011speed is the leader of the world2011speed is the leader of the world2011speed is the leader of the world2011speed is the leader of the world2011speed is the leader of the world2011speed is the leader of the world2011speed is the leader of the world2011speed is the leader of the world
Not Ranked  0 score     

Originally Posted by andreMS3 View Post
So I am running safe mode for now can i get LC and FFS for safe more?

FreeKtuned
fitty fitty
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to 2011speed For This Useful Post:
emag remrofni (10-04-2011), nuprin503 (12-06-2011)
 Old 10-04-2011, 02:30 PM   #15

Not Ranked  0 score     

what does that supposed to mean? lol
 Old 10-04-2011, 02:40 PM   #16

(Thread Starter)
Not Ranked  0 score     

The ironic thing is I was just thinking of this today as I was driving home. I thought "Hmm, I wonder if anyone has enabled LC or FFS on a stock vehicle" or what it sounds like on a stock exhaust.

Old 10-04-2011, 02:45 PM   #17

Not Ranked  0 score     

I have UR TP and UR CBE but waiting on my internals so i am running safe mode but i dont know if it is possible to run safe mode nd have LS and FFS?
 Old 10-04-2011, 02:52 PM   #18

silvapain is the leader of the worldsilvapain is the leader of the worldsilvapain is the leader of the worldsilvapain is the leader of the worldsilvapain is the leader of the worldsilvapain is the leader of the worldsilvapain is the leader of the worldsilvapain is the leader of the worldsilvapain is the leader of the worldsilvapain is the leader of the worldsilvapain is the leader of the world
Thanked 19,657 Times in 5,043 Posts
Groans: 136
Groaned at 47 Times in 41 Posts
Not Ranked  0 score     

Originally Posted by mrmonk7663 View Post
1. FSS Limiter...this is the rpm limit that the ECU will allow you to successfully FFS. If you shift consistently at 6000rpms, that is fine. If you shift higher, raise it up a bit.
The FFS rev limiter is the rev limit when the clutch is pressed in at WOT. It should be set lower than the RPM you shift at, so that the PCM drops the revs for you when you shift.

For example, I shift around 6300-6500 and my FFS rev limiter is set at 5400.

Tapadatass
2011speed (10-04-2011)
 Old 10-04-2011, 03:02 PM   #19

(Thread Starter)
Not Ranked  0 score     

I have UR TP and UR CBE but waiting on my internals so i am running safe mode but i dont know if it is possible to run safe mode nd have LS and FFS?
I don't see why not. The "safe mode" just targets safe boost levels (among other configuration settings) that are "safe" for the car when running on stock internals. With that said, I see no reason you can't go in and enable LC and FFS and configure those settings yourself.

However, I don't think I would be getting on the car that hard in the first place without internals. Isn't this why you're in safe mode to begin with? ;-)

Old 10-04-2011, 03:05 PM   #20
COOL STORY BRO

Hamilton69 is the leader of the worldHamilton69 is the leader of the worldHamilton69 is the leader of the worldHamilton69 is the leader of the worldHamilton69 is the leader of the worldHamilton69 is the leader of the worldHamilton69 is the leader of the worldHamilton69 is the leader of the worldHamilton69 is the leader of the worldHamilton69 is the leader of the worldHamilton69 is the leader of the world
Thanked 4,207 Times in 1,171 Posts
Groans: 179
Groaned at 179 Times in 30 Posts
Not Ranked  0 score     

So would you guys suggest I let the lc speed up more to around 15mph or keep it at 5mph...

JBR 3.5" WHALE PENIS-su tmic- sure track urethane rmm- corksport catless 3" downpipe- ultimate racing tp-OBX 3" cat back -rally armor urethane flaps-Cobb Accessport FINKLE TUNED-sure shift anchors-autotech hpfp internals-HKS BOV VTA -jbr heavy shift knob- 245-40-r18 Falken 329's-paint matched uber smiley
ZOOM ZOOM BOOM
Hamilton69 is offline   Reply With Quote
 Old 10-04-2011, 03:18 PM   #21

(Thread Starter)
Not Ranked  0 score     

Originally Posted by Hamilton69 View Post
So would you guys suggest I let the lc speed up more to around 15mph or keep it at 5mph...
That's what I've been wondering. It seems like 5mph wouldn't do much, so it would probably be best to set it higher. The only question is how high? It only makes sense that this is more than likely based on power/tires/whether/speed. Once you're able to get traction you wouldn't want to hold the RPM's at a constant number. Furthermore, if you set your LC RPM setting to be somewhat low, eventually you'll have to break out of that to go beyond the speed you've set it to (i.e. you can't go past XXmph at XXrpm's in 1st gear)

I've read of a few people trying between 10 and 15mph.
bertrand_CX_7 likes this.

Old 10-04-2011, 03:52 PM   #22

Pedal-Force is the leader of the worldPedal-Force is the leader of the worldPedal-Force is the leader of the worldPedal-Force is the leader of the worldPedal-Force is the leader of the worldPedal-Force is the leader of the worldPedal-Force is the leader of the worldPedal-Force is the leader of the worldPedal-Force is the leader of the worldPedal-Force is the leader of the worldPedal-Force is the leader of the world
Groans: 17
Groaned at 0 Times in 0 Posts
Not Ranked  0 score     

The only reason to have lc
Mph at anything higher is if you're spinning. If you spin, the ecu thinks you're going faster than you actually are, and will allow rpm to climb, making it worse.

Set it too high and you hit the lc rpm limit before hitting the mph limit, with no spin, then you can't accelerate at all, unless you shift.

This is all right there in the afr help file btw. I suggest you read it, it's quite useful.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk
JMRodriguez likes this.
2010 MS3 - Liquid Silver - tech package, Nav, Bose - Cobb AP - HPFP from HPFPUpgrades - JBR Cro-Mo Dogbone RMM - JBR SSP and solid bushings - tinted windows - Ultragauge - CS SRI/TIP - Super duper tranny fluid - Denso ITV22 plugs.

wish list - Catted DP, EGR block off, intake and throttle thermal gaskets, OCC, throttle coolant bypass

maybe list - BSD, top or front IC, cat back exhaust

2010 CX-7 Grand Touring - Silver - Fiance's car (owned by me though).
Pedal-Force is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Pedal-Force For This Useful Post:
spoof3r (10-04-2011)
 Old 10-04-2011, 06:21 PM   #23

Not Ranked  0 score     

@spoof3r i know i am not stepping on it at all i just wanted to have it you know what i mean?
 Old 10-04-2011, 07:10 PM   #24

(Thread Starter)
Not Ranked  0 score     

@spoof3r i know i am not stepping on it at all i just wanted to have it you know what i mean?
Yeah man, I don't see why not. Get accessTUNER and check it out. That way you'll know for sure either way

Old 10-04-2011, 10:40 PM   #25
COOL STORY BRO

Hamilton69 is the leader of the worldHamilton69 is the leader of the worldHamilton69 is the leader of the worldHamilton69 is the leader of the worldHamilton69 is the leader of the worldHamilton69 is the leader of the worldHamilton69 is the leader of the worldHamilton69 is the leader of the worldHamilton69 is the leader of the worldHamilton69 is the leader of the worldHamilton69 is the leader of the world
Thanked 4,207 Times in 1,171 Posts
Groans: 179
Groaned at 179 Times in 30 Posts
Not Ranked  0 score     

I'm set at 15mph threshold and 3,500rpm, dsc off and ease clutch out... WIN!

JBR 3.5" WHALE PENIS-su tmic- sure track urethane rmm- corksport catless 3" downpipe- ultimate racing tp-OBX 3" cat back -rally armor urethane flaps-Cobb Accessport FINKLE TUNED-sure shift anchors-autotech hpfp internals-HKS BOV VTA -jbr heavy shift knob- 245-40-r18 Falken 329's-paint matched uber smiley
ZOOM ZOOM BOOM
Hamilton69 is offline   Reply With Quote
 Old 10-04-2011, 11:23 PM   #26

captain slow is the leader of the worldcaptain slow is the leader of the worldcaptain slow is the leader of the worldcaptain slow is the leader of the worldcaptain slow is the leader of the worldcaptain slow is the leader of the worldcaptain slow is the leader of the worldcaptain slow is the leader of the worldcaptain slow is the leader of the worldcaptain slow is the leader of the worldcaptain slow is the leader of the world
Thanked 3,930 Times in 1,987 Posts
Groans: 398
Groaned at 50 Times in 34 Posts
Not Ranked  0 score     

I need to play with all these launch control settings. I feel so left out. I don't launch much but when I do ...I fail.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk
spoof3r likes this.

2014 5.0 Gotta Have It Green w/Track Pack
captain slow is offline   Reply With Quote
 Old 10-05-2011, 06:54 AM   #27

robry is the leader of the worldrobry is the leader of the worldrobry is the leader of the worldrobry is the leader of the worldrobry is the leader of the worldrobry is the leader of the worldrobry is the leader of the worldrobry is the leader of the worldrobry is the leader of the worldrobry is the leader of the worldrobry is the leader of the world
Groans: 27
Groaned at 9 Times in 7 Posts
Not Ranked  0 score     

I've got my currently set a 2850rpm/10mph.

I'm headed to the drag strip on Sunday and planning on taking my laptop, to tweak if necessary. I've already planned on riding the clutch/pedaling the throttle to get the car off the line reasonable. I'll report back what I found the best settings to be, however I really think it's very depending on several variables that only you will be able to determine when you're trying to set it up. Get your copy of ATR on your laptop and give it a shot!
2014 Mustang GT Premium 6MT - GT Track Pack/Leather Recaros/Glass roof in Sterling Grey Metallic | Barton SS/2 Post | J&M LCA | Steeda Street UCA | JBA 3" O/R X | GT500 ABs | JLT plastic CAI | SCT xcal with AED HP custom tune
SOLD2011 Mazdaspeed3 Celestial Blue Mica
robry is offline   Reply With Quote
 Old 10-05-2011, 10:58 AM   #28

Not Ranked  0 score     

What are the best RPM for FFS? anyone?
 Old 10-05-2011, 11:01 AM   #29

robry is the leader of the worldrobry is the leader of the worldrobry is the leader of the worldrobry is the leader of the worldrobry is the leader of the worldrobry is the leader of the worldrobry is the leader of the worldrobry is the leader of the worldrobry is the leader of the worldrobry is the leader of the worldrobry is the leader of the world
Groans: 27
Groaned at 9 Times in 7 Posts
Not Ranked  0 score     

I have mine set to 5200rpm, because I shift at 6300-6500 on the tach (which reads high in the upper rpms)
2014 Mustang GT Premium 6MT - GT Track Pack/Leather Recaros/Glass roof in Sterling Grey Metallic | Barton SS/2 Post | J&M LCA | Steeda Street UCA | JBA 3" O/R X | GT500 ABs | JLT plastic CAI | SCT xcal with AED HP custom tune
SOLD2011 Mazdaspeed3 Celestial Blue Mica
robry is offline   Reply With Quote
 Old 12-02-2011, 10:37 PM   #30

bertrand_CX_7 is the leader of the worldbertrand_CX_7 is the leader of the worldbertrand_CX_7 is the leader of the worldbertrand_CX_7 is the leader of the worldbertrand_CX_7 is the leader of the worldbertrand_CX_7 is the leader of the worldbertrand_CX_7 is the leader of the worldbertrand_CX_7 is the leader of the worldbertrand_CX_7 is the leader of the worldbertrand_CX_7 is the leader of the worldbertrand_CX_7 is the leader of the world
Groans: 52
Groaned at 145 Times in 38 Posts
Not Ranked  0 score     

Wow, this is a nice thread. Got all the info I was looking at to setup LC to use during auto-x.

Will play around with it

Thanks guys for sharing your experience. It'll be helpful for other looking into LC/FFS the first time.
2010 MazdaSpeed3 Velocity Red: Forge BPV V2, CP-e [HPFP, TMIC, Driver + passenger Mount, 75-A], CorkSport [RSB, Coilover, camber plate], SPC rear camber arm, JBR SSP stg2 + heavy knob, Cobb [ SRI, AP ], HTP 3.5" TIP, - STG2 PERM tuned by DJ, Ultimate Racing TBE (Metal core DP). Aeroforce dual guages, Hankook R-S3 on stock wheels, Sparco Evo2 race seat. ARP long wheel studs -- 17x9 ET 45+ Kosei K1 TS on 255/40/17 on Dunlop Direzza ZII.

Pending install: JB EGR block plate

Next mod:CorkSport[ Front + Rear swaybar endlinks ], OCC, brake upgrade (CorkSport or BBK), 6 point Harness.

2007 CX-7 GT AWD: CPE CAI, ETS 3" TMIC, JB EGR block plate ,Matt's OCC, AutoExec Strut tower bar, AutoExec lower arm bar, Nittos 420 tires, 12" JBL subwoofer with Bose system.
bertrand_CX_7 is offline   Reply With Quote
 Old 12-02-2011, 11:04 PM   #31

Not Ranked  0 score     

just as reference i had the best results launching with feathering the clutch at about 2k rpms , and as soon as i built boost i let out the clutch fully and feathered the throttle. Then as soon as you hit 2nd gear you go WOT and your good to go lol.

FreeKtuned
fitty fitty
 Old 12-03-2011, 07:33 AM   #32

SLOWHATCH is the leader of the worldSLOWHATCH is the leader of the worldSLOWHATCH is the leader of the worldSLOWHATCH is the leader of the worldSLOWHATCH is the leader of the worldSLOWHATCH is the leader of the worldSLOWHATCH is the leader of the worldSLOWHATCH is the leader of the worldSLOWHATCH is the leader of the worldSLOWHATCH is the leader of the worldSLOWHATCH is the leader of the world
Thanked 1,838 Times in 1,013 Posts
Groans: 274
Groaned at 103 Times in 23 Posts
Not Ranked  0 score     

How are you guys going burnouts with lc on? Guessing you aren't? Lc did not seem to help me much at the track for that reason. Going back today with no lc and see if I can get better results.
SLOWHATCH is offline   Reply With Quote