register gallery

Go Back   Mazdaspeed Forums >
MAZDASPEED SECTION
>
Mazdaspeed 3 MZR Gen2 Forums (2010-2013)
> 2010 MS3 - ECU Computer Tuning

Welcome to Mazdaspeed Forums .

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

*When you join MSF as a registered user, there will be No Ads.

*Registered Members get access to the Off Topic Area of the Forum

*Registered Members have an opportunity to upgrade their accounts to VIP, which brings a host of goddies for supporting MSF such as Raffles, Additional Forum Access, More PM Storage, The ability to upload more Images and many other enhancements.

*Registered members also get access to the live chat box!
Like Tree2Likes
  • 1 Post By Vansquish
  • 1 Post By Fstrnyou

Bookmark and Share LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
 Old 07-12-2018, 07:44 AM   #1

achulz has a spectacular aura aboutachulz has a spectacular aura aboutachulz has a spectacular aura about
Groans: 0
Groaned at 1 Time in 1 Post
(Thread Starter)
Not Ranked  0 score     
Default OTS Tune to Limp on CS Turbo

My CS turbo, 3.5 bar MAP and 3-port CS BCS are on the way courtesy of $240 overnight shipping. I am replacing my blown K04 (hot side oil seals). I haven’t driven the car for two weeks now and I need to get it back to driving since it is my daily.

While I wait for my custom tune from PD Tuning I want to at least drive the car so I can still get to places. By no means do I aim to be WOT or at high boost, I just need the car to get me from point A to point B.

The way I see it this is how I should get it working for the time being:

1. Disconnect BCS from harness to force wastegate spring pressure.
2. Flash Safe Mode tune from Cobb’s selection of OTS tunes.
3. Reinput MAP scalars for 3.5 bar sensor in said OTS map.
4. Reinput MAF calibration for my specific intake.

Would I be safe to drive the car like that for a while (a week at most)? I don’t believe there is anything else I need to change in the map but I’m open to suggestions.

Plus, I’m not sure where to get the MAP scalars, in Corksport’s installation guide it says “see MAP”, so I’m assuming it will have A, B, and offset on the sensor itself or something?
achulz is offline   Reply With Quote
 Old 07-12-2018, 09:38 AM   #2

5doorsoffury is the leader of the world5doorsoffury is the leader of the world5doorsoffury is the leader of the world5doorsoffury is the leader of the world5doorsoffury is the leader of the world5doorsoffury is the leader of the world5doorsoffury is the leader of the world5doorsoffury is the leader of the world5doorsoffury is the leader of the world5doorsoffury is the leader of the world5doorsoffury is the leader of the world
Groans: 72
Groaned at 7 Times in 6 Posts
Not Ranked  0 score     

Why not just ask pd for a a base map while you wait.
I am assuming you cant make your own map due to cobbs bs or can you? If you can then do a maf cal and zero out the wgdc tables. Just use the oem map sensor and 2 port mode so the ecu can have control over the turbo.

Shit just get a manual boost controller and set it to 10 psi......
PTE 5858 Vband .82ar // Tial EWG // CPE Mani // 3" Turboback // JBR Under route hot pipe // MD ST mani+spacer with PI // Siemens 60lb Injectors // Splitsecond inj controller // JBR 88 duro RMM/TMM // MD PMM // TWM Full replacement shifter // JBR CC // Autotech FP Internals // SP63 SB/Manley rods SP63 pro pistons // Treadstone FMIC TR824 // FoMoCo Tranny Jizz // South Bend Clutch Stage 3 enduro// GFB Respons // FJ 4" intake // WMI 100% VPM1 // Air Lift 1000 in rear // N2MB WOT BOX
Rfinkle tune in progress

The Brooklyn beater: 2005 1.8 Auto Sentra

5doorsoffury is offline   Reply With Quote
 Old 07-12-2018, 10:00 AM   #3

achulz has a spectacular aura aboutachulz has a spectacular aura aboutachulz has a spectacular aura about
(Thread Starter)
Not Ranked  0 score     

Originally Posted by 5doorsoffury View Post
Why not just ask pd for a a base map while you wait.
I am assuming you cant make your own map due to cobbs bs or can you? If you can then do a maf cal and zero out the wgdc tables. Just use the oem map sensor and 2 port mode so the ecu can have control over the turbo.

Shit just get a manual boost controller and set it to 10 psi......
Yes you can adjust OTS maps for whatever you want. But the reason why I canít do that is because I havenít bought the tune yet. I just spent all this money on the turbo and supporting mods, I have to wait until next week to be able to buy the custom tune. But I still need a car, hence just getting it driving even if itís not making power.
 Old 07-12-2018, 03:41 PM   #4

Fstrnyou is the leader of the worldFstrnyou is the leader of the worldFstrnyou is the leader of the worldFstrnyou is the leader of the worldFstrnyou is the leader of the worldFstrnyou is the leader of the worldFstrnyou is the leader of the worldFstrnyou is the leader of the worldFstrnyou is the leader of the worldFstrnyou is the leader of the worldFstrnyou is the leader of the world
Groans: 16
Groaned at 5 Times in 4 Posts
Not Ranked  0 score     

Your "safe tune" is your stock tune with WGDC set to zero across the board, setting MAP values, and copy/paste MAF tables.

Spring pressure on the CS turbo is 10-12 psi.
You shouldn't hit load cut in your Texas summer heat.
White Widow F-DiffMount, Whiteline RSB
Russian Bushings in Back, Magnaflow CBE
JBR Tru-3.5/3-port EBCS/EGR-D
Damond RMM/PMM/Stage 2 OCC
Puppy Power tuning temporarily suspended.
Forged build ongoing. Manley H-Tuff & 2618, King Bearings

Other rides:
2002 Tacoma ExtCab 2.4L 5spd 2WD - 355k mile Parts Getter
2004 Olds Alero ECOtec 2.2 - Broken (since Christmas 2015)
History:
2008 GSX-R 1000 - Stolen (With several runs past 180, I'd probably be dead by now if it wasn't stolen. So, in a way, I'm thankful.)
1988 RX-7 TII - Sold (Megasquirt, streetport, filter-on-turbo SRI, custom TBE, 20psi boost creep on OE turbo, OE TMIC on ice, 13.467 @ 105.44) apex seals said buh bye!
1985 Camaro - Sold (est. 265bhp 5.7 swap, Edelbrock intake & Hooker headers)
Fstrnyou is offline   Reply With Quote
 Old 07-12-2018, 06:55 PM   #5
Police - Grammarhead

Vansquish is the leader of the worldVansquish is the leader of the worldVansquish is the leader of the worldVansquish is the leader of the worldVansquish is the leader of the worldVansquish is the leader of the worldVansquish is the leader of the worldVansquish is the leader of the worldVansquish is the leader of the worldVansquish is the leader of the worldVansquish is the leader of the world
Thanked 6,835 Times in 2,673 Posts
Groans: 1,803
Groaned at 45 Times in 26 Posts

I feel like we've discussed this in another thread already. You need a custom tune for your increased MAF housing diameter and your increased MAP capabilities. You cannot safely run the stock or any other OTS map with a 3.5" intake and a 3.5Bar MAP sensor. However, modifying an OTS map to include the appropriate 3.5Bar MAP scalars and scaling the MAF tables for a 3.5" intake should at least allow the car to run moderately safely. That said . . . you really do need a custom tune.

Edit: I was right.

Tune with WG Spring Pressure

BNR S4v2 Base Map

You keep bringing up the same issue in each thread in which you comment lately, @achulz;. TAKE. THE. HINT.

1. You CANNOT run an OTS map safely.

2. You CANNOT run a tune made by someone else on the forum because ATR is VIN/AP-serial number locked. That means maps that I make in ATR are NOT useable in your car. You WILL NOT be able to load them to your ECU.
Jeff23spl likes this.

Last edited by Vansquish; 07-13-2018 at 06:47 AM.
Vansquish is offline   Reply With Quote
 Old 07-13-2018, 12:28 AM   #6

mituc is the leader of the worldmituc is the leader of the worldmituc is the leader of the worldmituc is the leader of the worldmituc is the leader of the worldmituc is the leader of the worldmituc is the leader of the worldmituc is the leader of the worldmituc is the leader of the worldmituc is the leader of the worldmituc is the leader of the world
Thanked 2,089 Times in 1,206 Posts
Groans: 108
Groaned at 17 Times in 14 Posts
Not Ranked  0 score     

Originally Posted by achulz View Post
Would I be safe to drive the car like that for a while (a week at most)? I donít believe there is anything else I need to change in the map but Iím open to suggestions.
If the intake remains the same you have now then you can use your previous tune to limp around.
However the risks are pretty big if you enter boost because your current tune has WGDC tables way too aggressive for the new turbo and EBCS setup.
Also, the factory MAP sensor calibration will read lower manifold pressure on aftermarket MAP sensors, which means you will only have load limit protection, not boost limit protection. And the load limits are usually set pretty high.

So it takes only one push of the accel pedal once to hurt your engine.

I think a safer temporary approach would be to connect your boost source hose directly to the wastegate and cap the corresponding port on the EBCS. this was you will run on spring pressure and 14-15PSI across the board is perfectly ok (tested) on an OTS tune (not on the factory tune though).
Bilstein B12 + CS Camber plates + Eibach camber arms, SSR Type-F, Michelin PS4 225/40/R18, Cobb RMM, StopTech Street Pads + Stoptech Slotted disks, SouthBend Enduro Stage3 clutch, genpu TMM + CS Insert, TheSpeedLine 2X Rear Cross Floor and Rear Middle Lower Strut bars, Tanabe 4 Point Under Brace, Whiteline Bumpsteeer corection kit
JBR Tru-3" + CS CAI Box, SU TMIC, Cobb XLE, NGK LTR7IX, UR v3 catted DP and res&catted TP, Cobb CatBack, GS EBCS, Autotech internals, GTX3071, CS 3.5BAR, Guardian Angel, CoolingMist WMI, VCTS Delete, stock ported IM
SP63 87.5mm 4032 9.5:1 pistons, Manley rods, CA625+ head studs, Clevite AL main bearings, King rod bearings, CP-e safe seals, DCR VVT, Koyorad radiator.
StratiVersaTuned FTW to 28PSI, self-tuned to 32PSI

2008 Icy Blue Mazda CX7 6 Speed Manual
SU TMIC, Autotech HPFP internals, GTX2867R gen2, stock cats and stock exhaust FTW
Versatuned
mituc is offline   Reply With Quote
 Old 07-13-2018, 06:45 AM   #7
Police - Grammarhead

Vansquish is the leader of the worldVansquish is the leader of the worldVansquish is the leader of the worldVansquish is the leader of the worldVansquish is the leader of the worldVansquish is the leader of the worldVansquish is the leader of the worldVansquish is the leader of the worldVansquish is the leader of the worldVansquish is the leader of the worldVansquish is the leader of the world

Originally Posted by mituc View Post
If the intake remains the same you have now then you can use your previous tune to limp around.
However the risks are pretty big if you enter boost because your current tune has WGDC tables way too aggressive for the new turbo and EBCS setup.
Also, the factory MAP sensor calibration will read lower manifold pressure on aftermarket MAP sensors, which means you will only have load limit protection, not boost limit protection. And the load limits are usually set pretty high.
I think your suggestion is a bit dangerous, as calculated load is based in part on MAF g/s. As a result, load limits are also based in part, on airflow detected by the MAF sensor. Given that the MAF sensor is going to be reading about 45% less airflow than is actually entering the engine, the load calculations are going to be artificially lower than they should be. Load limits aren't going to save the motor.

Old 07-13-2018, 07:10 AM   #8

Fstrnyou is the leader of the worldFstrnyou is the leader of the worldFstrnyou is the leader of the worldFstrnyou is the leader of the worldFstrnyou is the leader of the worldFstrnyou is the leader of the worldFstrnyou is the leader of the worldFstrnyou is the leader of the worldFstrnyou is the leader of the worldFstrnyou is the leader of the worldFstrnyou is the leader of the world
Not Ranked  0 score     

He already has a tune for his intake.

I suggested starting with the stock tune because the timing tables are likely less agressive and the fuel tables are excessively rich. Just copy/paste his current MAFcal, input values for the new MAP sensor, and wipe the WGDC table.

Other rides:
History:
2008 GSX-R 1000 - Stolen (With several runs past 180, I'd probably be dead by now if it wasn't stolen. So, in a way, I'm thankful.)
1988 RX-7 TII - Sold (Megasquirt, streetport, filter-on-turbo SRI, custom TBE, 20psi boost creep on OE turbo, OE TMIC on ice, 13.467 @ 105.44) apex seals said buh bye!
The Following User Says Thank You to Fstrnyou For This Useful Post:
Vansquish (07-13-2018)
 Old 07-13-2018, 07:43 AM   #9

Jeff23spl is the leader of the worldJeff23spl is the leader of the worldJeff23spl is the leader of the worldJeff23spl is the leader of the worldJeff23spl is the leader of the worldJeff23spl is the leader of the worldJeff23spl is the leader of the worldJeff23spl is the leader of the worldJeff23spl is the leader of the worldJeff23spl is the leader of the worldJeff23spl is the leader of the world
Groans: 1
Not Ranked  0 score     

Because you cannot go mechanically below the WG spring, you need to live with that amount of boost possibility, regardless of what you do.

To 0 out the WG duty, you can do it software but it can get tricky without all it needs....Disconnecting the wire to the EBCS do exactly that if the plumbing is right. If not, just connecting WG to turbo discharge and call it done.

For the Maf scalar, I read that it is the same intake. So it would not be a big deal. If not, just fit the smaller maf hosing until he can get the scalar done for a 3.5 inch maf. I would never drive with a 3.5'' tuned for a 2.65''...it is a direct call for ZZB. G/s drop by 80% so load drop calling for more timing and less fuel for the same conditions....

For the MAP, i would just drive with the oem one until the tune is made for it. it cost 0$ to keep it until he is ready to increase boost above 2x psi.

Another option i tough about but never tried would be to use the BPV as a relief valve. if you disconnect the top port. As soon as boost would beat the spring pressure, it will open and drop the boost. Bad side could be to stress the turbo thrust bearing if you lift the gaz too fast. (I had in mind a temporary measure with an aftermarket BPV and a weak spring but....It begin to get tricky.....(Maybe it is why you can buy a Stratified Guardian Angel to manage both conditions...)...

2007 rusted Speed6... in progress...
1993 Ford Probe KLZE 143dB
2012 Mazda3 Gs-sky 6.5l/100 when transporting speed parts
1989 GM 6.2 diesel pickup
Wife drive 2010 CX7

2007 speed3 burned (i'm proud to ran 12.7s with it)

...Because French Canadian...

Last edited by Jeff23spl; 07-16-2018 at 06:48 AM.
Jeff23spl is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Jeff23spl For This Useful Post:
Vansquish (07-13-2018)
 Old 07-13-2018, 01:30 PM   #10

mituc is the leader of the worldmituc is the leader of the worldmituc is the leader of the worldmituc is the leader of the worldmituc is the leader of the worldmituc is the leader of the worldmituc is the leader of the worldmituc is the leader of the worldmituc is the leader of the worldmituc is the leader of the worldmituc is the leader of the world
Not Ranked  0 score     

Originally Posted by Vansquish View Post
Given that the MAF sensor is going to be reading about 45% less airflow than is actually entering the engine.
At 45% deviation, or anything more than 25 the engine will shut off 2 seconds after startup.
This is why I mentioned "if the intake is the same", because the turbo upgrade will not affect the MAF cal, nor will do the rest of the mods from his list.
Bilstein B12 + CS Camber plates + Eibach camber arms, SSR Type-F, Michelin PS4 225/40/R18, Cobb RMM, StopTech Street Pads + Stoptech Slotted disks, SouthBend Enduro Stage3 clutch, genpu TMM + CS Insert, TheSpeedLine 2X Rear Cross Floor and Rear Middle Lower Strut bars, Tanabe 4 Point Under Brace, Whiteline Bumpsteeer corection kit
JBR Tru-3" + CS CAI Box, SU TMIC, Cobb XLE, NGK LTR7IX, UR v3 catted DP and res&catted TP, Cobb CatBack, GS EBCS, Autotech internals, GTX3071, CS 3.5BAR, Guardian Angel, CoolingMist WMI, VCTS Delete, stock ported IM
SP63 87.5mm 4032 9.5:1 pistons, Manley rods, CA625+ head studs, Clevite AL main bearings, King rod bearings, CP-e safe seals, DCR VVT, Koyorad radiator.

SU TMIC, Autotech HPFP internals, GTX2867R gen2, stock cats and stock exhaust FTW
Versatuned
The Following User Says Thank You to mituc For This Useful Post:
Vansquish (07-13-2018)
 Old 07-14-2018, 02:43 PM   #11

5doorsoffury is the leader of the world5doorsoffury is the leader of the world5doorsoffury is the leader of the world5doorsoffury is the leader of the world5doorsoffury is the leader of the world5doorsoffury is the leader of the world5doorsoffury is the leader of the world5doorsoffury is the leader of the world5doorsoffury is the leader of the world5doorsoffury is the leader of the world5doorsoffury is the leader of the world
Not Ranked  0 score     

Yes you can adjust OTS maps for whatever you want. But the reason why I can’t do that is because I haven’t bought the tune yet. I just spent all this money on the turbo and supporting mods, I have to wait until next week to be able to buy the custom tune. But I still need a car, hence just getting it driving even if it’s not making power.
You didnt read my post at all did you.....

I didnt ask you if you can modify a ots tune. I said can you modify maps period since Cobb instated the inability to make custom maps without takeing a course offered by them.

Then you ignored the fact that i gave you a solution that will work ...... ok follow me now...

You modify a map until you get a custom tune .
Do a maf cal.
Setup a 2 port mode on the ebcs.
Zero out the wgdc.
Then wait until you get tuned........

Or just get a manual boost controller.
What is so difficult? Get a junk yard ko4 until you have a base map in hand. Make a map that will work from the mounds of tuning info available on this site. Do what they did back in the day and get a MBC. Get a uber. Eat a dick. Use ben gay in place of lube. Idk man its not like this is a rb26 swap into a cressida its just a simple change to a map or hard part.
PTE 5858 Vband .82ar // Tial EWG // CPE Mani // 3" Turboback // JBR Under route hot pipe // MD ST mani+spacer with PI // Siemens 60lb Injectors // Splitsecond inj controller // JBR 88 duro RMM/TMM // MD PMM // TWM Full replacement shifter // JBR CC // Autotech FP Internals // SP63 SB/Manley rods SP63 pro pistons // Treadstone FMIC TR824 // FoMoCo Tranny Jizz // South Bend Clutch Stage 3 enduro// GFB Respons // FJ 4" intake // WMI 100% VPM1 // Air Lift 1000 in rear // N2MB WOT BOX
Rfinkle tune in progress

Last edited by 5doorsoffury; 07-14-2018 at 03:24 PM. Reason: Huuked on fonix didnt werk for me
The Following User Says Thank You to 5doorsoffury For This Useful Post:
Vansquish (07-14-2018)
 Old 07-14-2018, 03:15 PM   #12

Not Ranked  0 score     

I'm starting to put my money on him not having ATR.
Jeff23spl likes this.

Other rides:
History:
Vansquish (07-14-2018)
 Old 07-15-2018, 01:26 AM   #13

Not Ranked  0 score     

Oh wait, you can't even change a MAF cal on the Cobb OTS tunes? Or do they provide some OTSs with MAF cals for various intakes?
In this case using Cobb AP and not having hired a tuner who's ready to send you a map just to get out of the shop is not going to send it...

Versatuned
The Following User Says Thank You to mituc For This Useful Post:
kTaLgsTo (07-15-2018)
 Old 07-20-2018, 04:18 PM   #14

(Thread Starter)
Not Ranked  0 score     

Since for some reason you all think I can’t edit the OTS maps, I went ahead and used my plan anyways. I’ve been driving the car for about a week, and yes I have ordered a tune just waiting on the base map now.

It seems like a lot of people jump to conclusions because they don’t fully understand what I’m asking. I was going to edit the OTS map in the first place to calibrate for my MAF and MAP, which I did. I zeroed our the WGDC so it peaks at about 10-12 PSI. Car runs fine, no knock or unusual numbers.

People saying ‘you can’t use other people’s maps’, of course I can’t. I’m not stupid, I know that, what I was asking is if there was any OTS style tune for big turbos like mine. Anyway I figured it out, I’m just waiting for my tune right now.

Only one other thing, I installed the 3.5 bar MAP today and set the scalars in ATR, exactly as they read on the MAP sensor itself. Though it seems to read lower boost pressure, not sure what that’s about. With the stock MAP it would read 12.1-12.7 PSI peak, where as now it reads 10.1 peak. I’m no expert but it seems like something is off, don’t know if it was the stock MAP or my new one.
The Following User Says Thank You to achulz For This Useful Post:
Vansquish (Yesterday)
 Old 07-20-2018, 04:26 PM   #15

(Thread Starter)
Not Ranked  0 score     

Originally Posted by Fstrnyou View Post
I'm starting to put my money on him not having ATR.
I have ATR, I even paid for it through their Ďtrainingí.

Lol, you guys call me an idiot and then suggest the exact same fucking thing I originally said in my OP. Load OTS map with modified MAF, MAP, and WGDC.

Itís like to get an answer on this forum calling someone a fucking dumbass is required first. Iím starting to put my money on most guys here not having a clue what theyíre talking about and verbally abusing people over some forums to cover for it.
The Following User Says Thank You to achulz For This Useful Post:
LowFlyin (Yesterday)
 Old 07-20-2018, 04:31 PM   #16

Not Ranked  0 score     

Use mechanical boost gauge to verify. Your low altitude should be adequate since mechanical gauges are calibrated for sea level.

As mentioned MANY times, OTS tunes are junk.

I suggested modifying your stock tune because the timing is likely more conservative, AFRs are richer, and load targets are lower. Should be quite safe.

Other rides:
History:
Vansquish (Yesterday)
 Old 07-20-2018, 05:19 PM   #17

Not Ranked  0 score     

Since for some reason you all think I canít edit the OTS maps, I went ahead and used my plan anyways. Iíve been driving the car for about a week, and yes I have ordered a tune just waiting on the base map now.

It seems like a lot of people jump to conclusions because they donít fully understand what Iím asking. I was going to edit the OTS map in the first place to calibrate for my MAF and MAP, which I did. I zeroed our the WGDC so it peaks at about 10-12 PSI. Car runs fine, no knock or unusual
Soooo what was the point of this thread .... was it just a big is it safe if i modify a ots map question?

Would I be safe to drive the car like that for a while (a week at most)? I donít believe there is anything else I need to change in the map but Iím open to suggestions.
Guess it was.... .

Are you a fuckin retard? Since you paid cobb to be taught how to tune and have accsess to atr just to get tuned on locked maps you must be retarted... In that case no it is not safe to drive around on a map you modified. Well since thay was the only question you had i hope you had fun paying for cobbs master training then coming here asking if its safe for you to touch a map.
Rfinkle tune in progress

Old Yesterday, 06:19 AM   #18
Police - Grammarhead

I have ATR, I even paid for it through their Ďtrainingí.

Lol, you guys call me an idiot and then suggest the exact same fucking thing I originally said in my OP. Load OTS map with modified MAF, MAP, and WGDC.

Itís like to get an answer on this forum calling someone a fucking dumbass is required first. Iím starting to put my money on most guys here not having a clue what theyíre talking about and verbally abusing people over some forums to cover for it.
I would offer the thought that if you have a question like the one you have been posing, that you should provide all the pertinent information when you ask.

That is, if you're asking, "Is it safe to modify a stock or OTS map for my new turbo, intake, and MAP sensor?", then it would be useful to know if you have access to ATR. I would gladly have pointed you in the right direction, but you kept asking things in a way that was cryptic and didn't indicate that you A) knew anything about tuning this platform or about the way that ATR works, and B) that you had access to and (at least in theory) knew how to use ATR.

With that all in mind, the answer to your questions is "yes." You can safely modify the OTS and/or stock map to safely run your new turbo, intake, and MAP sensor. There are a couple of good tuning guides on the forum here that will teach you to tune your car yourself at this point. Depending on how confident you are in your understanding of the ECU, you could tune your own vehicle reasonably safely. I certainly have.

Old Yesterday, 08:36 AM   #19

g00s3y is the leader of the worldg00s3y is the leader of the worldg00s3y is the leader of the worldg00s3y is the leader of the worldg00s3y is the leader of the worldg00s3y is the leader of the worldg00s3y is the leader of the worldg00s3y is the leader of the worldg00s3y is the leader of the worldg00s3y is the leader of the worldg00s3y is the leader of the world
Thanked 2,160 Times in 961 Posts
Groans: 435
Groaned at 11 Times in 11 Posts
Not Ranked  0 score     

What was the point of bragging about paying $240 for overnight shipping, when you then complained about not having money for a tune?

Also, you have ATR, you seem to actually understand tuning, and know what to edit in ATR to make things work. So why are you paying someone else to do what you can do yourself? You don't have AUX fueling, meth, or anything else that may make it a bit more complicated. I say save the cash, do some more reading on here, and tune it yourself.
 Old Yesterday, 09:30 AM   #20

Not Ranked  0 score     

Been tuning mine since I was stock. Hadn't ZZB'd yet and I'm an idiot.

Other rides:
History:
 Old Yesterday, 10:19 AM   #21

(Thread Starter)
Not Ranked  0 score     

Originally Posted by g00s3y View Post
What was the point of bragging about paying $240 for overnight shipping, when you then complained about not having money for a tune?

Also, you have ATR, you seem to actually understand tuning, and know what to edit in ATR to make things work. So why are you paying someone else to do what you can do yourself? You don't have AUX fueling, meth, or anything else that may make it a bit more complicated. I say save the cash, do some more reading on here, and tune it yourself.
One, I already bought the tune.

Two, I trust myself enough to adjust simple things like MAF tables and MAP scalars, I donít trust myself enough to adjust fuel, ignition, WGDC tables, etc. (aside from zeroing the WGDC, simple enough) I would rather leave that to the guys that have tuned many of these cars in several configurations who really know what theyíre doing. Yes I understand how it works and what the changes do but I donít trust myself to correctly adjust them. This is my daily driver and I canít afford blowing it up because I put in a wrong number. Iíd love to learn more on how to tune, but reading isnít going to help me as much as going out and doing it myself, after all thatís the only way I really learn, something Iím not willing to risk on (currently) my only car.