register gallery

Go Back   Mazdaspeed Forums >
MAZDASPEED SECTION
>
Mazdaspeed 3 MZR Gen2 Forums (2010-2013)
> 2010 MS3 - Engine, Transmission & Driveline

Welcome to Mazdaspeed Forums .

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

*When you join MSF as a registered user, there will be No Ads.

*Registered Members get access to the Off Topic Area of the Forum

*Registered Members have an opportunity to upgrade their accounts to VIP, which brings a host of goddies for supporting MSF such as Raffles, Additional Forum Access, More PM Storage, The ability to upload more Images and many other enhancements.

*Registered members also get access to the live chat box!
Like Tree2Likes
  • 1 Post By outshined
  • 1 Post By SPEED6 KILLAH

Bookmark and Share LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
 Old 03-18-2012, 06:30 PM   #1

manila is the leader of the worldmanila is the leader of the worldmanila is the leader of the worldmanila is the leader of the worldmanila is the leader of the worldmanila is the leader of the worldmanila is the leader of the worldmanila is the leader of the worldmanila is the leader of the worldmanila is the leader of the worldmanila is the leader of the world
Thanked 1,190 Times in 611 Posts
Groans: 13
Groaned at 30 Times in 17 Posts
(Thread Starter)
Not Ranked  0 score     
Default 2-3 gear grind

This problem started to occur the beginning of this week and noticed that from going to 2-3 I grind while getting into 3rd. This happened twice within a week, which has me concerned. I granny shift all the time and haven't been shifting like a race car driver. Clutch is always depressed fully when engaging gears, so it's prolly not driver mod.

On a side note: Got the car back in Nov.

Any input or advice would be helpful

Thanks

COBB AP V3 >> AUTOTECH HPFP >> HTP 3.5" >> ATP DP (catless) >> AXLEBACK (no mufflers) >> COBB PIPING/TR6 CORE >>

JBR RMM >> SSP/BUSHINGS >> RSB >> STG. 2 OCC >>

HYPNOTIC TUNED: tehmadscientist & senor finkle

manila is offline   Reply With Quote
 Old 03-18-2012, 06:39 PM   #2

fywdyl is the leader of the worldfywdyl is the leader of the worldfywdyl is the leader of the worldfywdyl is the leader of the worldfywdyl is the leader of the worldfywdyl is the leader of the worldfywdyl is the leader of the worldfywdyl is the leader of the worldfywdyl is the leader of the worldfywdyl is the leader of the worldfywdyl is the leader of the world
Groans: 52
Groaned at 4 Times in 3 Posts
Not Ranked  0 score     

Ford Motorcraft XT-M5-QS transmission fluid.

You'll need 3 quarts.
Corksport TMIC || cp-e HPFP || COBB Accessport || JBR 3.5" WP SRI + 80 Duro Trilogy Mounts + RSB + IM TIG + TB Coolant Bypass & TIG + SSP + Bushings + Heavy Shift Knob || HKS SSQV III VTA || Denso ITV-22 || Ultimate Racing V2 Catted DP+Resonated TP || Ported IM || GT3071
Mods to come:
Driver Mod || Snow Performance Meth Kit
fywdyl is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to fywdyl For This Useful Post:
emag remrofni (03-18-2012), kritz (03-18-2012), MS6FL (03-18-2012), Pendarus (03-19-2012)
 Old 03-18-2012, 06:50 PM   #3

SWAY is the leader of the worldSWAY is the leader of the worldSWAY is the leader of the worldSWAY is the leader of the worldSWAY is the leader of the worldSWAY is the leader of the worldSWAY is the leader of the worldSWAY is the leader of the worldSWAY is the leader of the worldSWAY is the leader of the worldSWAY is the leader of the world
Thanked 1,891 Times in 1,066 Posts
Groans: 190
Groaned at 60 Times in 43 Posts
Not Ranked  0 score     

One of the many things that plagues this car, searching will dig up a ton of the same threads with solutions, one being the fluid and rmm.

~Sent from my GNexus running Aokp~

TEAM LBN BEERS -- FYCN
TEAM MUMFORD -- FYCN
SWAY is offline   Reply With Quote
 Old 03-18-2012, 07:52 PM   #4

MS6FL is the leader of the worldMS6FL is the leader of the worldMS6FL is the leader of the worldMS6FL is the leader of the worldMS6FL is the leader of the worldMS6FL is the leader of the worldMS6FL is the leader of the worldMS6FL is the leader of the worldMS6FL is the leader of the worldMS6FL is the leader of the worldMS6FL is the leader of the world
Thanked 1,690 Times in 754 Posts
Groans: 43
Groaned at 4 Times in 4 Posts
Not Ranked  0 score     

Originally Posted by fywdyl View Post
Ford Motorcraft XT-M5-QS transmission fluid.

You'll need 3 quarts.
This.
“From a business standpoint, the Boss 302 shouldn’t have happened. But it happened. My dream for the car was that it would make a lot of money for a guy street racing. It should be a car that winds up on YouTube doing something illegal. I’ve been waiting 20-plus years to launch a car like this.”-Jim Farley
MS6FL is offline   Reply With Quote
 Old 03-18-2012, 07:58 PM   #5
Big Titty Sucker

BLK_MS3 is the leader of the worldBLK_MS3 is the leader of the worldBLK_MS3 is the leader of the worldBLK_MS3 is the leader of the worldBLK_MS3 is the leader of the worldBLK_MS3 is the leader of the worldBLK_MS3 is the leader of the worldBLK_MS3 is the leader of the worldBLK_MS3 is the leader of the worldBLK_MS3 is the leader of the worldBLK_MS3 is the leader of the world
Thanked 1,213 Times in 486 Posts
Groans: 139
Groaned at 20 Times in 19 Posts
Not Ranked  0 score     

FoMoCo tranny fluid, weighted shift knob and try shifting 2-3 with your palm.
BLK_MS3 is offline   Reply With Quote
 Old 03-18-2012, 08:05 PM   #6

Keko is the leader of the worldKeko is the leader of the worldKeko is the leader of the worldKeko is the leader of the worldKeko is the leader of the worldKeko is the leader of the worldKeko is the leader of the worldKeko is the leader of the worldKeko is the leader of the worldKeko is the leader of the worldKeko is the leader of the world
Thanked 1,441 Times in 666 Posts
Groans: 107
Groaned at 9 Times in 9 Posts
Not Ranked  0 score     

Originally Posted by BLK MS3 View Post
FoMoCo tranny fluid, weighted shift knob and try shifting 2-3 with your palm.
Which knob do you have? Would you recommend it?
Keko is offline   Reply With Quote
 Old 03-18-2012, 08:33 PM   #7

ms3bamf is the leader of the worldms3bamf is the leader of the worldms3bamf is the leader of the worldms3bamf is the leader of the worldms3bamf is the leader of the worldms3bamf is the leader of the worldms3bamf is the leader of the worldms3bamf is the leader of the worldms3bamf is the leader of the worldms3bamf is the leader of the worldms3bamf is the leader of the world
Groans: 9
Groaned at 1 Time in 1 Post
Not Ranked  0 score     

According to your sig you're stock...which means you have the stock RMM...which means your 2-3 shift never stood a chance... change that shit NOW!!!!

Previous - 2011 Mazdaspeed3 - Corned out FREEKTUNE
ms3bamf is offline   Reply With Quote
 Old 03-18-2012, 08:39 PM   #8

SWAY is the leader of the worldSWAY is the leader of the worldSWAY is the leader of the worldSWAY is the leader of the worldSWAY is the leader of the worldSWAY is the leader of the worldSWAY is the leader of the worldSWAY is the leader of the worldSWAY is the leader of the worldSWAY is the leader of the worldSWAY is the leader of the world
Not Ranked  0 score     

Originally Posted by Keko View Post
Jbr shift knob I believe is the heaviest and it's awesome and I used to roll with it. I'm using the moddiction anvil now, which I love and feels more natural imo, weighs about the same as the jbr knob. But biggest help you'll get is from an upgraded rmm.

TEAM LBN BEERS -- FYCN
TEAM MUMFORD -- FYCN
 Old 03-18-2012, 08:46 PM   #9

manila is the leader of the worldmanila is the leader of the worldmanila is the leader of the worldmanila is the leader of the worldmanila is the leader of the worldmanila is the leader of the worldmanila is the leader of the worldmanila is the leader of the worldmanila is the leader of the worldmanila is the leader of the worldmanila is the leader of the world
(Thread Starter)
Not Ranked  0 score     

Thanks for the input and suggestions guys. I read a few previous threads that were posted a while ago, but was concerned if the solutions to resolving the problem were applied to the 12'. I'll try the new trans. fluid and the RMM.

COBB AP V3 >> AUTOTECH HPFP >> HTP 3.5" >> ATP DP (catless) >> AXLEBACK (no mufflers) >> COBB PIPING/TR6 CORE >>

Old 03-18-2012, 08:48 PM   #10

kritz is the leader of the worldkritz is the leader of the worldkritz is the leader of the worldkritz is the leader of the worldkritz is the leader of the worldkritz is the leader of the worldkritz is the leader of the worldkritz is the leader of the worldkritz is the leader of the worldkritz is the leader of the worldkritz is the leader of the world
Thanked 16,792 Times in 4,852 Posts
Groans: 95
Groaned at 48 Times in 40 Posts
Not Ranked  0 score     

All of the above will make you more happy. Donate please and search.
 Old 03-18-2012, 10:23 PM   #11

outshined is the leader of the worldoutshined is the leader of the worldoutshined is the leader of the worldoutshined is the leader of the worldoutshined is the leader of the worldoutshined is the leader of the worldoutshined is the leader of the worldoutshined is the leader of the worldoutshined is the leader of the worldoutshined is the leader of the worldoutshined is the leader of the world
Groans: 11
Not Ranked  0 score     

Despite the improvements brought about by the trans. fluid and RMM, your brand new car should not be grinding gears during normal driving. I would take that car in and duplicate the problem for a tech so they can diagnose the issue. No brand new car should have a transmission grind, period.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to outshined For This Useful Post:
FLHXterp (03-19-2012), radioflyer (03-19-2012)
 Old 03-19-2012, 12:01 AM   #12

Not Ranked  0 score     

Originally Posted by outshined View Post
Despite the improvements brought about by the trans. fluid and RMM, your brand new car should not be grinding gears during normal driving. I would take that car in and duplicate the problem for a tech so they can diagnose the issue. No brand new car should have a transmission grind, period.
Its grinding gears due to shitty shifting bc of the lack of stuff we mentioned, not bc the car is messed up.

TEAM LBN BEERS -- FYCN
TEAM MUMFORD -- FYCN
 Old 03-19-2012, 01:43 AM   #13

radioflyer is the leader of the worldradioflyer is the leader of the worldradioflyer is the leader of the worldradioflyer is the leader of the worldradioflyer is the leader of the worldradioflyer is the leader of the worldradioflyer is the leader of the worldradioflyer is the leader of the worldradioflyer is the leader of the worldradioflyer is the leader of the worldradioflyer is the leader of the world
Thanked 2,105 Times in 384 Posts
Groans: 28
Groaned at 22 Times in 12 Posts
Not Ranked  0 score     

Originally Posted by outshined View Post
Agreed, I would take it to the dealer. Especially since you're bone stock, this is one of the few reasons to stay stock if you own this car.

And as far as the rear motor mount goes, the car is far more comfortable with the stock one, and in the long run, is much easier on your drive train. Personally I have run a few different ones and do perform better during spirited driving, but ultimately you have to give it more clutch as that tiny bit of movement allows the clutch to grab sooner and with less clamping force. I run an aftermarket one because I can put up with all of that, but don't go out and get urethane bushings before taking this into consideration.

The motor craft MTF fluid is pure gold (costs as much too, like $60 total). After mazda does whatever they need to do to make that grind stop, once you get the car back I definitely recommend buying the fluid mentioned. It has made shifting so much more pleasant for me.
radioflyer is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to radioflyer For This Useful Post:
outshined (03-19-2012)
 Old 03-19-2012, 08:00 AM   #14

Not Ranked  0 score     

Originally Posted by radioflyer View Post
Agreed, I would take it to the dealer. Especially since you're bone stock, this is one of the few reasons to stay stock if you own this car.

And as far as the rear motor mount goes, the car is far more comfortable with the stock one, and in the long run, is much easier on your drive train. Personally I have run a few different ones and do perform better during spirited driving, but ultimately you have to give it more clutch as that tiny bit of movement allows the clutch to grab sooner and with less clamping force. I run an aftermarket one because I can put up with all of that, but don't go out and get urethane bushings before taking this into consideration.

The motor craft MTF fluid is pure gold (costs as much too, like $60 total). After mazda does whatever they need to do to make that grind stop, once you get the car back I definitely recommend buying the fluid mentioned. It has made shifting so much more pleasant for me.
This is not all true, im fully bolted and have had trouble with my car and dealer hasn't said shit about my mods. Then you say rmm is bad for your car then say you have one, stop contradicting yourself. The fluid might help but only so much, rmm will help a lot paired with a weighted knob. A lot of us go through the grinding gears it's been around a while.

TEAM LBN BEERS -- FYCN
TEAM MUMFORD -- FYCN
 Old 03-19-2012, 08:13 AM   #15
Big Titty Sucker

BLK_MS3 is the leader of the worldBLK_MS3 is the leader of the worldBLK_MS3 is the leader of the worldBLK_MS3 is the leader of the worldBLK_MS3 is the leader of the worldBLK_MS3 is the leader of the worldBLK_MS3 is the leader of the worldBLK_MS3 is the leader of the worldBLK_MS3 is the leader of the worldBLK_MS3 is the leader of the worldBLK_MS3 is the leader of the world
Not Ranked  0 score     

Originally Posted by Keko View Post
Moddiction Anvil.
 Old 03-19-2012, 11:14 AM   #16

iggy097 is the leader of the worldiggy097 is the leader of the worldiggy097 is the leader of the worldiggy097 is the leader of the worldiggy097 is the leader of the worldiggy097 is the leader of the worldiggy097 is the leader of the worldiggy097 is the leader of the worldiggy097 is the leader of the worldiggy097 is the leader of the worldiggy097 is the leader of the world
Thanked 1,543 Times in 351 Posts
Groaned at 5 Times in 3 Posts
Not Ranked  0 score     

Happened to my car brand new. Mazda ended up replacing the transmission on it under warranty.

Cobb AP / SURE Aeros / JBR RMM *Uninstalled* / JBR RSB / JBR Heavy Knob / JBR Solid Shifter Bushings / JBR Short Shifter Plate / Autotech Internals / UR Test Pipe

E85 70/30 Tune by Dizzy Tunes
304/363

www.epictalentmedia.com
www.seductivestudios.com - NSFW
iggy097 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to iggy097 For This Useful Post:
outshined (03-19-2012), radioflyer (03-19-2012)
 Old 03-19-2012, 11:22 AM   #17
I <3 your mom

Dash08 is the leader of the worldDash08 is the leader of the worldDash08 is the leader of the worldDash08 is the leader of the worldDash08 is the leader of the worldDash08 is the leader of the worldDash08 is the leader of the worldDash08 is the leader of the worldDash08 is the leader of the worldDash08 is the leader of the worldDash08 is the leader of the world
Thanked 28,304 Times in 4,352 Posts
Groans: 293
Groaned at 132 Times in 91 Posts
Not Ranked  0 score     

Step one: replace rear motor mount with JBR mount.

Step two: replace stock rubber shifter base bushings with aluminum spacers.

Step three: Swap transmission fluid with a full synthetic fluid. Preferably, Ford Motorcraft or redline MT-90.

Step four: donate to the forums and praise us all for telling you how to make your car more better.

a) to provide really good technical information
b) to provide amusement at the expense of others
Dash08 is offline   Reply With Quote
 Old 03-19-2012, 11:27 AM   #18

Keko is the leader of the worldKeko is the leader of the worldKeko is the leader of the worldKeko is the leader of the worldKeko is the leader of the worldKeko is the leader of the worldKeko is the leader of the worldKeko is the leader of the worldKeko is the leader of the worldKeko is the leader of the worldKeko is the leader of the world
Thanked 1,441 Times in 666 Posts
Groans: 107
Groaned at 9 Times in 9 Posts
Not Ranked  0 score     

OP when you shift into third are they actually grinding or making a thud/clunk? I get a clunk/thud sometimes but it doesn't sound like grinding gears like you are describing. It can be fairly loud from 2-3 but I have a RMM coming soon so I'm not going to worry about it for now. Will also be switching to FoMoCo and possibly JBR shift knob

I just wish I had a friend that had a speed3 so I could drive that and compare.
Keko is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Keko For This Useful Post:
outshined (03-19-2012)
 Old 03-19-2012, 11:29 AM   #19

iggy097 is the leader of the worldiggy097 is the leader of the worldiggy097 is the leader of the worldiggy097 is the leader of the worldiggy097 is the leader of the worldiggy097 is the leader of the worldiggy097 is the leader of the worldiggy097 is the leader of the worldiggy097 is the leader of the worldiggy097 is the leader of the worldiggy097 is the leader of the world
Not Ranked  0 score     

OP, i'm pretty sure it was the same thing that happened to me. Maybe you can have them call the dealer here, Charleston SC and talk to the shop, they have all of my info on record, and what I had to go through. PM if you need more info.

Cobb AP / SURE Aeros / JBR RMM *Uninstalled* / JBR RSB / JBR Heavy Knob / JBR Solid Shifter Bushings / JBR Short Shifter Plate / Autotech Internals / UR Test Pipe

304/363

www.epictalentmedia.com
The Following User Says Thank You to iggy097 For This Useful Post:
outshined (03-19-2012)
 Old 03-19-2012, 12:59 PM   #20

outshined is the leader of the worldoutshined is the leader of the worldoutshined is the leader of the worldoutshined is the leader of the worldoutshined is the leader of the worldoutshined is the leader of the worldoutshined is the leader of the worldoutshined is the leader of the worldoutshined is the leader of the worldoutshined is the leader of the worldoutshined is the leader of the world
Groans: 11
Not Ranked  0 score     

Originally Posted by SWAY View Post
This is not all true, im fully bolted and have had trouble with my car and dealer hasn't said shit about my mods. Then you say rmm is bad for your car then say you have one, stop contradicting yourself. The fluid might help but only so much, rmm will help a lot paired with a weighted knob. A lot of us go through the grinding gears it's been around a while.

He's not saying the RMM is bad per se, he's saying that it causes a feeling of more immediate clutch takeup.

How do you explain the folks, like myself, who have never once experienced gear grind with a 100% stock car with stock trans fluid, shift plate, and shift knob?

I respectfully disagree with the suggestions for aftermarket parts and stand by my recommendation for the OP to find a responsive dealer and have the issue repaired on warranty.

It's one thing for this to occur at 20k or higher mileage, where trans fluid and components can start to show signs of degradation (especially on a car that's driven hard). Where the OP has a brandy new Speed with I'm guessing less than 5k miles, this can really ONLY be a faulty transmission or shifter component.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Hamilton69 likes this.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to outshined For This Useful Post:
Hamilton69 (03-19-2012), SLOWHATCH (04-02-2012)
 Old 03-19-2012, 01:43 PM   #21

(Thread Starter)
Not Ranked  0 score     

I appreciate all the feedback you guys have posted. Very helpful info. Looks like a trip to the dealer is the best option for now. It would suck to get the trans replaced since there is less than 5k mi. on the car. But if this resolves the issue so be it.

Thanks again guys

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to manila For This Useful Post:
outshined (03-19-2012), SWAY (03-19-2012)
 Old 03-19-2012, 01:50 PM   #22

Not Ranked  0 score     

Originally Posted by manilaMS12 View Post
I appreciate all the feedback you guys have posted. Very helpful info. Looks like a trip to the dealer is the best option for now. It would suck to get the trans replaced since there is less than 5k mi. on the car. But if this resolves the issue so be it.

Thanks again guys
Since you can that's the best option since it's free, if there's nothing wrong then you know what to do.

TEAM LBN BEERS -- FYCN
TEAM MUMFORD -- FYCN
The Following User Says Thank You to SWAY For This Useful Post:
outshined (03-19-2012)
 Old 03-20-2012, 07:04 AM   #23

mw6886 is a splendid one to beholdmw6886 is a splendid one to beholdmw6886 is a splendid one to beholdmw6886 is a splendid one to beholdmw6886 is a splendid one to beholdmw6886 is a splendid one to beholdmw6886 is a splendid one to beholdmw6886 is a splendid one to behold
Groans: 0
Groaned at 1 Time in 1 Post
Not Ranked  0 score     

Similar thing just started happening with my 11. I've just recently passed the 10k mark, and 8k of those miles are highway.

Hate to take it to the dealer; warranty work is always shitty.

Maybe I should bite the bullet and get the Ferd XR4Ti Hooked on Phonics trans fluid and STFU.
 Old 03-20-2012, 09:44 AM   #24
Big Titty Sucker

Not Ranked  0 score     

Originally Posted by mw6886 View Post
Similar thing just started happening with my 11. I've just recently passed the 10k mark, and 8k of those miles are highway.

Hate to take it to the dealer; warranty work is always shitty.

Maybe I should bite the bullet and get the Ferd XR4Ti Hooked on Phonics trans fluid and STFU.
If your car is doing it on slow, normal shifts it most likely is something else like an actual gearbox problem.

Most of the above recommendations (fluid, weighed knob, RMM) are for people having issues with quick shifting, which this gearbox just doesn't always like and some improvements will help that. As I said, palm shifting 2-3 helps a lot as well.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to BLK_MS3 For This Useful Post:
outshined (03-20-2012), radioflyer (03-24-2012)
 Old 03-20-2012, 07:08 PM   #25

Not Ranked  0 score     

OP by the way, I talked to another gen 2 owner today who is having the same problem. He just thought it was him, not being able to shift or something, always into third gear, and right around 4500 rpm. He bought his car from the same place as mine, so he's calling the dealer tomorrow.

304/363

www.epictalentmedia.com
The Following User Says Thank You to iggy097 For This Useful Post:
outshined (03-20-2012)
 Old 03-27-2012, 12:07 AM   #26
Banned

Illusion has a brilliant futureIllusion has a brilliant futureIllusion has a brilliant futureIllusion has a brilliant futureIllusion has a brilliant futureIllusion has a brilliant futureIllusion has a brilliant futureIllusion has a brilliant futureIllusion has a brilliant futureIllusion has a brilliant futureIllusion has a brilliant future
Groans: 2
Groaned at 34 Times in 12 Posts
Not Ranked  0 score     

hey manila got 7k miles on mine and it grinds 3rd gear every now and then and thats with
sure RMM
sure anchors
jbr knob

it would make complete sence to replace the tranny fluid with full synthetic if oem fluid is not full synthetic as our vehicles are performance cars. just my 2 cents
i think i will look into that as well...
Illusion is offline   Reply With Quote
 Old 03-27-2012, 02:34 AM   #27

evolizzee is the leader of the worldevolizzee is the leader of the worldevolizzee is the leader of the worldevolizzee is the leader of the worldevolizzee is the leader of the worldevolizzee is the leader of the worldevolizzee is the leader of the worldevolizzee is the leader of the worldevolizzee is the leader of the worldevolizzee is the leader of the worldevolizzee is the leader of the world
Groaned at 17 Times in 6 Posts
Not Ranked  0 score     

Fully mount up or go get it replaced under warranty... Best two options. It's freakin night and day between stock mounts, fluid, and shifting components versus going balls deep. It all just depends on your short AND long-term goals with your new Speed. Are you gonna baby it around the entire time you own it...or drive the shit out of it...
COBB: AP, DP, SRI, TIP, OCC // Blitz Steel Mesh Filter // SURE: RMM, Boost Tubes, Counter Weight, Shift Anchors, AGS Knob // JBR: Tranny Mount, Passenger Mount// PT-P: HPFP, Rail Valve // PCV Vent // Forge BPV V1 // ETS 3.5" TMIC // NGK IXs // EGR Delete // Resonator Delete // FoMoCo Gear Oil // Castrol Syn Power 5w-40 // Koni Yellows // H&R Sport Springs // SPC Camber Arms// Spec: Stage 3+ SR Clutch, 12lb Flywheel
13.2@113mph
evolizzee is offline   Reply With Quote
 Old 03-27-2012, 03:35 AM   #28

(Thread Starter)
Not Ranked  0 score     

Originally Posted by iggy097 View Post
OP by the way, I talked to another gen 2 owner today who is having the same problem. He just thought it was him, not being able to shift or something, always into third gear, and right around 4500 rpm. He bought his car from the same place as mine, so he's calling the dealer tomorrow.
No shit? Well let me know how things go for him. As for me still trying to find a day off to make a trip to the dealer closest one is 2hrs away. It kind of sucks buying a brand new car and shit starts to break and mess up. That's just part of life I guess haha

Originally Posted by Illusion View Post
hey manila got 7k miles on mine and it grinds 3rd gear every now and then and thats with
sure RMM
sure anchors
jbr knob

it would make complete sence to replace the tranny fluid with full synthetic if oem fluid is not full synthetic as our vehicles are performance cars. just my 2 cents
i think i will look into that as well...
Yea I'm sitting at 4,800 on mine an it did it a total of 4 times within the past two weeks. Grinded 3 times in just casual driving and another while speeding in traffic. Also grinded while engaging into 2nd. Dealer visit real soon can't tolerate this BS

Originally Posted by SWAY View Post
Since you can that's the best option since it's free, if there's nothing wrong then you know what to do.

Yea true. My biggest problem is reproducing the grind. Don't wanna get to the dealership and I'm SOL when I can't make the car grind while driving. Waste Of 2hrs and a tank of gas, but I understand your point though

Last edited by manila; 03-27-2012 at 03:35 AM. Reason: MSF Database - Automerged Doublepost
 Old 03-27-2012, 04:05 AM   #29

SPEED6 KILLAH is the leader of the worldSPEED6 KILLAH is the leader of the worldSPEED6 KILLAH is the leader of the worldSPEED6 KILLAH is the leader of the worldSPEED6 KILLAH is the leader of the worldSPEED6 KILLAH is the leader of the worldSPEED6 KILLAH is the leader of the worldSPEED6 KILLAH is the leader of the worldSPEED6 KILLAH is the leader of the worldSPEED6 KILLAH is the leader of the worldSPEED6 KILLAH is the leader of the world
Thanked 4,772 Times in 853 Posts
Groans: 14
Groaned at 2 Times in 2 Posts
Not Ranked  0 score     

The problem you might have is one of the shift fork tabs are broken and cause a misalignment when going into gear..

Good shift fork
SPEED6 KILLAH is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to SPEED6 KILLAH For This Useful Post:
Burger2002 (04-05-2012)
 Old 03-27-2012, 04:17 AM   #30

SPEED6 KILLAH is the leader of the worldSPEED6 KILLAH is the leader of the worldSPEED6 KILLAH is the leader of the worldSPEED6 KILLAH is the leader of the worldSPEED6 KILLAH is the leader of the worldSPEED6 KILLAH is the leader of the worldSPEED6 KILLAH is the leader of the worldSPEED6 KILLAH is the leader of the worldSPEED6 KILLAH is the leader of the worldSPEED6 KILLAH is the leader of the worldSPEED6 KILLAH is the leader of the world
Thanked 4,772 Times in 853 Posts
Groans: 14
Groaned at 2 Times in 2 Posts
Not Ranked  0 score     

Also in the picture you can see the third gear is on the top gear but on the bottom gear of 3/4 gear and second in right under...
SLOWHATCH likes this.
SPEED6 KILLAH is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to SPEED6 KILLAH For This Useful Post:
Burger2002 (04-05-2012), SLOWHATCH (04-02-2012)