register gallery

Go Back   Mazdaspeed Forums >
MAZDASPEED SECTION
>
Mazdaspeed 3 MZR Gen2 Forums (2010-2013)
> 2010 MS3 - Engine, Transmission & Driveline

Notices

Welcome to Mazdaspeed Forums .

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

*When you join MSF as a registered user, there will be No Ads.

*Registered Members get access to the Off Topic Area of the Forum

*Registered Members have an opportunity to upgrade their accounts to VIP, which brings a host of goddies for supporting MSF such as Raffles, Additional Forum Access, More PM Storage, The ability to upload more Images and many other enhancements.

*Registered members also get access to the live chat box!
Like Tree4Likes

Bookmark and Share LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
 Old 07-30-2011, 07:38 AM   #1

eppopipe is the leader of the worldeppopipe is the leader of the worldeppopipe is the leader of the worldeppopipe is the leader of the worldeppopipe is the leader of the worldeppopipe is the leader of the worldeppopipe is the leader of the worldeppopipe is the leader of the worldeppopipe is the leader of the worldeppopipe is the leader of the worldeppopipe is the leader of the world
Groans: 3
Groaned at 12 Times in 8 Posts
(Thread Starter)
Not Ranked  0 score     
Default 2nd Gear Grind

So after I installed the JBR SSP, I grind second EVERY time I downshift into it going over 20-21 MPH. The grind never happens if I downshift under 20 MPH. Obviously I only downshift under 20 for obvious reasons. I don't recall this happening before I put in the SSP.
Dont matter if the clutch is to the floor or if I blip the throttle, it will happen all the time.
Anybody else have this issue? Is my SSP the issue?
CP-E Nano Intake - JBR 88D Trilogy - Cobb AP - Sure Shortcut - 20% tint - Blox 490g shift knob - Big stereo system (WIP) - Singer 400AMP alternator - Turbosmart dual port - KDM V2 FP Internals - 10k DDM HID's (lows) - 12k HID's (fogs) - UR CBE (no mufflers) - Vibrant Ultra Quiet resonator - CP-E TMIC - UR Resonated Test Pipe - Dano Perm Tune - Blockhead Dual Gauge Vent Pod (painted) - Aeroforce Interceptor x2 - 19 inch RonJon Inspyres
eppopipe is offline   Reply With Quote
 Old 07-30-2011, 07:52 AM   #2

D08SPEED3 is the leader of the worldD08SPEED3 is the leader of the worldD08SPEED3 is the leader of the worldD08SPEED3 is the leader of the worldD08SPEED3 is the leader of the worldD08SPEED3 is the leader of the worldD08SPEED3 is the leader of the worldD08SPEED3 is the leader of the worldD08SPEED3 is the leader of the worldD08SPEED3 is the leader of the worldD08SPEED3 is the leader of the world
Groans: 2
Groaned at 10 Times in 7 Posts
Not Ranked  0 score     

Fine tune your shifter

http://jamesbaroneracing.com/support/FineTune.htm
COBB AP (ICECld Tuned: E85 20%), UltraGauge, CS TMIC, Denso ITV22, HPFP Internals, HKS Hi-Power CBE, SURE Areos SRI, SU Test Pipe, Turboxs Downpipe, Turbosmart Dual Port BOV, TRZ RMM, JBR SSP+Shifter Bushings+Heavy Shift Knob, Eibach Springs, F2 Drilled and Slotted Rotors + Hawk HPS Pads, Sparco Seats, Rota Slipstream, HID Yellow Fogs, Autometer Cobalt Boost Gauge
D08SPEED3 is offline   Reply With Quote
 Old 07-30-2011, 08:07 AM   #3

eppopipe is the leader of the worldeppopipe is the leader of the worldeppopipe is the leader of the worldeppopipe is the leader of the worldeppopipe is the leader of the worldeppopipe is the leader of the worldeppopipe is the leader of the worldeppopipe is the leader of the worldeppopipe is the leader of the worldeppopipe is the leader of the worldeppopipe is the leader of the world
(Thread Starter)
Not Ranked  0 score     

Done that 20 times over already.
No matter how much I adjust it still grinds when downshifting over 20 mph. As long as im under that speed there's no grind. Could this be a problem with my trans that I should get the dealer to take care of?
CP-E Nano Intake - JBR 88D Trilogy - Cobb AP - Sure Shortcut - 20% tint - Blox 490g shift knob - Big stereo system (WIP) - Singer 400AMP alternator - Turbosmart dual port - KDM V2 FP Internals - 10k DDM HID's (lows) - 12k HID's (fogs) - UR CBE (no mufflers) - Vibrant Ultra Quiet resonator - CP-E TMIC - UR Resonated Test Pipe - Dano Perm Tune - Blockhead Dual Gauge Vent Pod (painted) - Aeroforce Interceptor x2 - 19 inch RonJon Inspyres
 Old 07-30-2011, 08:13 AM   #4

SWAY is the leader of the worldSWAY is the leader of the worldSWAY is the leader of the worldSWAY is the leader of the worldSWAY is the leader of the worldSWAY is the leader of the worldSWAY is the leader of the worldSWAY is the leader of the worldSWAY is the leader of the worldSWAY is the leader of the worldSWAY is the leader of the world
Thanked 1,890 Times in 1,065 Posts
Groans: 190
Groaned at 60 Times in 43 Posts
Not Ranked  0 score     

Deja vu, if it didn't do it before then yes you need to the keep adjusting the shifter

TEAM LBN BEERS -- FYCN
TEAM MUMFORD -- FYCN
SWAY is offline   Reply With Quote
 Old 07-30-2011, 08:25 AM   #5

D08SPEED3 is the leader of the worldD08SPEED3 is the leader of the worldD08SPEED3 is the leader of the worldD08SPEED3 is the leader of the worldD08SPEED3 is the leader of the worldD08SPEED3 is the leader of the worldD08SPEED3 is the leader of the worldD08SPEED3 is the leader of the worldD08SPEED3 is the leader of the worldD08SPEED3 is the leader of the worldD08SPEED3 is the leader of the world
Not Ranked  0 score     

Take off the plate and see if it does it. If it does grind your Synchro could be going out. But if it doesn't grind keep fine tuning the shifter. Trust me takes some time.

Also...I see you got the stag 2 SSP so are your bushings installed correctly?
COBB AP (ICECld Tuned: E85 20%), UltraGauge, CS TMIC, Denso ITV22, HPFP Internals, HKS Hi-Power CBE, SURE Areos SRI, SU Test Pipe, Turboxs Downpipe, Turbosmart Dual Port BOV, TRZ RMM, JBR SSP+Shifter Bushings+Heavy Shift Knob, Eibach Springs, F2 Drilled and Slotted Rotors + Hawk HPS Pads, Sparco Seats, Rota Slipstream, HID Yellow Fogs, Autometer Cobalt Boost Gauge
 Old 07-30-2011, 08:27 AM   #6

(Thread Starter)
Not Ranked  0 score     

How many different ways can it be adjusted? I've spent at least 10 hours marking different adjustments. The shifter feels great and shifts smoothly except for the 2nd gear downshift over 20.
Like I said other then downshifting into second over 20 the gear engages just fine. Yeah the bushing are installed correctly (Though im not sure how you could fuck that up hah)

Oh and its been doing this since like 800 miles, Ive been actively adjusting the shifter all the time (now 9000 miles).
 Old 07-30-2011, 08:33 AM   #7

Not Ranked  0 score     

Damn I feel your pain! Am on my 2nd tranny with this damn car! smh...take off the plate bro and put it back to stock. Then you'll def know

Careful with all the 2nd gear grinding action from all the back and forth messing with it. If it is the synchro it'll eventually go and you'll have no 2rd gear. Am curious with how everything is set up now what happens if you give that 2nd gear downshift a little more oomph and jam it dwn does it pop in without grinding?
 Old 07-30-2011, 08:35 AM   #8

(Thread Starter)
Not Ranked  0 score     

Doing that right now, though the problem only showed up once the SSP was on
 Old 07-30-2011, 09:01 AM   #9

(Thread Starter)
Not Ranked  0 score     

Alright, took it off and drove apart putting through the paces.
ZERO issues with the SSP off. Could my JBR SSP be improperly made?
 Old 07-30-2011, 09:22 AM   #10

JS + MS3 is the leader of the worldJS + MS3 is the leader of the worldJS + MS3 is the leader of the worldJS + MS3 is the leader of the worldJS + MS3 is the leader of the worldJS + MS3 is the leader of the worldJS + MS3 is the leader of the worldJS + MS3 is the leader of the worldJS + MS3 is the leader of the worldJS + MS3 is the leader of the worldJS + MS3 is the leader of the world
Groans: 99
Groaned at 72 Times in 51 Posts
Not Ranked  0 score     

Do you happen to grind your 2nd from 1st under very heavy load shifting? I get it almost every time now..
 Old 07-30-2011, 09:27 AM   #11

SWAY is the leader of the worldSWAY is the leader of the worldSWAY is the leader of the worldSWAY is the leader of the worldSWAY is the leader of the worldSWAY is the leader of the worldSWAY is the leader of the worldSWAY is the leader of the worldSWAY is the leader of the worldSWAY is the leader of the worldSWAY is the leader of the world
Not Ranked  0 score     

Originally Posted by JS + MS3 View Post
Do you happen to grind your 2nd from 1st under very heavy load shifting? I get it almost every time now..
I find mine doing that from 4th to 5th, very annoying in a race

Op contact james and see what he says hell be able to help out

TEAM LBN BEERS -- FYCN
TEAM MUMFORD -- FYCN
The Following User Says Thank You to SWAY For This Useful Post:
mtnrunner (07-30-2011)
 Old 07-30-2011, 09:27 AM   #12

HLR Element is the leader of the worldHLR Element is the leader of the worldHLR Element is the leader of the worldHLR Element is the leader of the worldHLR Element is the leader of the worldHLR Element is the leader of the worldHLR Element is the leader of the worldHLR Element is the leader of the worldHLR Element is the leader of the worldHLR Element is the leader of the worldHLR Element is the leader of the world
Thanked 7,960 Times in 574 Posts
Groans: 109
Groaned at 12 Times in 11 Posts
Not Ranked  0 score     

Rev match when you downshift. Give the tranny a hand. I think the ssp makes a few problems, whenever I push the car ill grind going into third no matter what. And fine tuning does crap. I tuned it so it feels smooth but I don't drive hard end uhh everyday to tune it so I can find what makes it grind.
predapio (08-01-2011)
 Old 07-30-2011, 09:56 AM   #13

JS + MS3 is the leader of the worldJS + MS3 is the leader of the worldJS + MS3 is the leader of the worldJS + MS3 is the leader of the worldJS + MS3 is the leader of the worldJS + MS3 is the leader of the worldJS + MS3 is the leader of the worldJS + MS3 is the leader of the worldJS + MS3 is the leader of the worldJS + MS3 is the leader of the worldJS + MS3 is the leader of the world
Groans: 99
Groaned at 72 Times in 51 Posts
Not Ranked  0 score     

I'm sure he's rev matching the car.
 Old 07-30-2011, 10:36 AM   #14

Not Ranked  0 score     

yeah it sounds like another prob for sure

TEAM LBN BEERS -- FYCN
TEAM MUMFORD -- FYCN
 Old 07-30-2011, 06:25 PM   #15

mtran has a reputation beyond reputemtran has a reputation beyond reputemtran has a reputation beyond reputemtran has a reputation beyond reputemtran has a reputation beyond reputemtran has a reputation beyond reputemtran has a reputation beyond reputemtran has a reputation beyond reputemtran has a reputation beyond reputemtran has a reputation beyond reputemtran has a reputation beyond repute
Groans: 0
Groaned at 1 Time in 1 Post
Not Ranked  0 score     

May be a stupid question, but do you rev first or put it in 2nd gear first?
 Old 07-30-2011, 11:38 PM   #16

(Thread Starter)
Not Ranked  0 score     

Well, I think I figure out the issue.
The part where the cable attaches to the SSP is to high and makes it hard for the trans to hit 1st & 2nd nicely. No tuning has helped this. Its not actually a "grind" so much as a "clunk" getting into the gear (like a pulsing feedback making it real hard to get the car in gear)
No SSP= No problem
SSP installed= Issues.

Obviously this differs from car to car as most people aren't having this issue. On the other hand, maybe I got a early revision of the SSP.
I tried my buddies J-Speed SSP and it worked flawlessly.
I think Ill shoot James a pm...
 Old 07-30-2011, 11:47 PM   #17

mtnrunner is the leader of the worldmtnrunner is the leader of the worldmtnrunner is the leader of the worldmtnrunner is the leader of the worldmtnrunner is the leader of the worldmtnrunner is the leader of the worldmtnrunner is the leader of the worldmtnrunner is the leader of the worldmtnrunner is the leader of the worldmtnrunner is the leader of the worldmtnrunner is the leader of the world
Groans: 21
Groaned at 5 Times in 5 Posts
Not Ranked  0 score     

I think the best thing to do is contact jbarone and see what he has to say. Initially i thought for sure it was just your second gear syncro but that would show up with the stock shift plate as well so it must be something with the plate.
 Old 07-30-2011, 11:51 PM   #18

(Thread Starter)
Not Ranked  0 score     

Originally Posted by mtnrunner View Post
I think the best thing to do is contact jbarone and see what he has to say. Initially i thought for sure it was just your second gear syncro but that would show up with the stock shift plate as well so it must be something with the plate.
Yeah, exactly. The car works just fine stock and with another brand SSP, so Its defiantly something to do with the JBR SSP.
Anybody else have this issue? Just want to make sure its a isolated incident.
 Old 07-31-2011, 12:21 AM   #19

dspider has much to be proud ofdspider has much to be proud ofdspider has much to be proud ofdspider has much to be proud ofdspider has much to be proud ofdspider has much to be proud ofdspider has much to be proud ofdspider has much to be proud ofdspider has much to be proud of
Not Ranked  0 score     

ha my car has 2000 k on it and its been doing that shit from day one.. going in for service and tranny flush on tuesday to see if that helps.
 Old 07-31-2011, 12:24 AM   #20

(Thread Starter)
Not Ranked  0 score     

Originally Posted by dspider View Post
ha my car has 2000 k on it and its been doing that shit from day one.. going in for service and tranny flush on tuesday to see if that helps.
I think you have a different issue if your grinding 2nd without the SSP.
The Following User Says Thank You to eppopipe For This Useful Post:
I_Heart_Haters (08-01-2011)
 Old 07-31-2011, 04:54 AM   #21
Approved MSF Vendor

jbarone is the leader of the worldjbarone is the leader of the worldjbarone is the leader of the worldjbarone is the leader of the worldjbarone is the leader of the worldjbarone is the leader of the worldjbarone is the leader of the worldjbarone is the leader of the worldjbarone is the leader of the worldjbarone is the leader of the worldjbarone is the leader of the world
Thanked 11,539 Times in 2,251 Posts
Groans: 26
Groaned at 24 Times in 19 Posts
Not Ranked  0 score     

Its not the SSP nor is it the the cable. It's also not a defect in the SSP itself. If it was a problem with SSP or the cable everyone would have the same problem.

Downshifting to second over 20-25MPH is not recommended with, or with out an SSP. There is no reason for it. The grind with the shift plate is the transmissions way of telling you two things. First, you're going to fast to downshift in to 2nd and unfortunately, it''s also telling you 2nd gear is going to give you trouble in the future.

Stay in third at speeds above 20-25mph.

Also have you taken a look to see if your Rear Motor Mount is still in good shape? Problems with it will certainly give you shifting issues. Id' like to also recommend you take some time getting used to the SSP before attempting to fine tune it or trying to race the first Mustang you see. You will grind and miss gears if you don't.

Thanks,
Jamie
sellers and eppopipe like this.

Mazda Performance Parts & Accessories // JamesBaroneRacing.com
jbarone is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to jbarone For This Useful Post:
AZSPEED3 (07-31-2011), eppopipe (07-31-2011), I_Heart_Haters (08-01-2011), predapio (08-01-2011), roguemazda (12-27-2013), sellers (07-31-2011), SWAY (07-31-2011)
 Old 07-31-2011, 10:10 AM   #22
Banned

sellers is the leader of the worldsellers is the leader of the worldsellers is the leader of the worldsellers is the leader of the worldsellers is the leader of the worldsellers is the leader of the worldsellers is the leader of the worldsellers is the leader of the worldsellers is the leader of the worldsellers is the leader of the worldsellers is the leader of the world
Thanked 1,882 Times in 595 Posts
Groans: 546
Groaned at 125 Times in 71 Posts
Not Ranked  0 score     

still #winning
sellers is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to sellers For This Useful Post:
jbarone (07-31-2011)
 Old 07-31-2011, 10:21 AM   #23

CobraStarVIII is a splendid one to beholdCobraStarVIII is a splendid one to beholdCobraStarVIII is a splendid one to beholdCobraStarVIII is a splendid one to beholdCobraStarVIII is a splendid one to beholdCobraStarVIII is a splendid one to beholdCobraStarVIII is a splendid one to beholdCobraStarVIII is a splendid one to behold
Groaned at 0 Times in 0 Posts
Not Ranked  0 score     

Originally Posted by eppopipe View Post
So after I installed the JBR SSP, I grind second EVERY time I downshift into it going over 20-21 MPH. The grind never happens if I downshift under 20 MPH. Obviously I only downshift under 20 for obvious reasons. I don't recall this happening before I put in the SSP.
Dont matter if the clutch is to the floor or if I blip the throttle, it will happen all the time.
Anybody else have this issue? Is my SSP the issue?
same exact thing is happening to me ive tried everything to fine tune it and with it stock there is no problem at all and its only downshifting into second at ANY speed even if i rev match, i took the plates out, im not gonna fuck up the trans because of this, i like the way the shifter is other wise just sucks it has to do that, its not the trans, if it was it would do it with the stock shifter plates, not that i do it, but i can downshift to second with stock shift plates with out and noise or problem what so ever, ive heard/read a few cases of this exact same problem, i know someone with the exact same car, im gonna install the ssp on his and see what happens.
2010 vrm w/tech package-CS sri and tip, AUTO TECH internals, JBR ssp, adjustable rear camber arms and rmm, COBB ap stage 2 93 slightly tweaked, FORD motorcraft syn trans fluid, BC coilovers, H&R 15mm wheel spacers, DDM 6000k lows and fogs, OBX catless downpipe, ETS top mount ic.
CobraStarVIII is offline   Reply With Quote
 Old 07-31-2011, 10:35 AM   #24

mrmonk7663 is the leader of the worldmrmonk7663 is the leader of the worldmrmonk7663 is the leader of the worldmrmonk7663 is the leader of the worldmrmonk7663 is the leader of the worldmrmonk7663 is the leader of the worldmrmonk7663 is the leader of the worldmrmonk7663 is the leader of the worldmrmonk7663 is the leader of the worldmrmonk7663 is the leader of the worldmrmonk7663 is the leader of the world
Thanked 2,094 Times in 1,061 Posts
Groans: 13
Groaned at 17 Times in 9 Posts
Not Ranked  0 score     

I put in the shifter bushings only and if I shift to seocnd it is very audible. It isn't a grinding, just very audible. It's only 2nd gear. I can be going 0mph in my driveway or 10mph on my street...same noise everytime. Prior to the bushing installation I heard nothing. It goes into gear fine, no resistance, just very audible. My car has less than 2000k miles on it. I have no idea how you can mess the bushing installation up. It's pretty straight forward.

Waiting to install- JTMS3 SUB BOX!!!

TEAM LBN BEERS -- FYCN
TEAM MUMFORD -- FYCN
mrmonk7663 is offline   Reply With Quote
 Old 07-31-2011, 11:46 AM   #25
Approved MSF Vendor

jbarone is the leader of the worldjbarone is the leader of the worldjbarone is the leader of the worldjbarone is the leader of the worldjbarone is the leader of the worldjbarone is the leader of the worldjbarone is the leader of the worldjbarone is the leader of the worldjbarone is the leader of the worldjbarone is the leader of the worldjbarone is the leader of the world
Not Ranked  0 score     

I love how these "2nd Gear or 3rd gear Grind" threads pop up every few months and it always turns out to be the transmission.

If the car grinds with an SSP, it grinds without it. You just may not be able to hear or feel it as much. Long story short it's the transmission.

Changing the fluid helps a lot.

Old 07-31-2011, 01:30 PM   #26

(Thread Starter)
Not Ranked  0 score     

Originally Posted by jbarone View Post
Its not the SSP nor is it the the cable. It's also not a defect in the SSP itself. If it was a problem with SSP or the cable everyone would have the same problem.

Downshifting to second over 20-25MPH is not recommended with, or with out an SSP. There is no reason for it. The grind with the shift plate is the transmissions way of telling you two things. First, you're going to fast to downshift in to 2nd and unfortunately, it''s also telling you 2nd gear is going to give you trouble in the future.

Stay in third at speeds above 20-25mph.

Also have you taken a look to see if your Rear Motor Mount is still in good shape? Problems with it will certainly give you shifting issues. Id' like to also recommend you take some time getting used to the SSP before attempting to fine tune it or trying to race the first Mustang you see. You will grind and miss gears if you don't.

Thanks,
Jamie
Thanks alot for this. So its just because the throw is shorter that the trans has more feedback to tell me that I can't downshift above 20mph? I would take the car to the dealer to have em check the 2nd gear but once I take the plate off it has ZERO problems. That and it works fine with another brand SSP...
Thoughts?
Oh and btw- I just checked the RMM, Still looks good

Originally Posted by CobraStarVIII View Post
same exact thing is happening to me ive tried everything to fine tune it and with it stock there is no problem at all and its only downshifting into second at ANY speed even if i rev match, i took the plates out, im not gonna fuck up the trans because of this, i like the way the shifter is other wise just sucks it has to do that, its not the trans, if it was it would do it with the stock shifter plates, not that i do it, but i can downshift to second with stock shift plates with out and noise or problem what so ever, ive heard/read a few cases of this exact same problem, i know someone with the exact same car, im gonna install the ssp on his and see what happens.
Please let me know how it goes.

Originally Posted by jbarone View Post
I love how these "2nd Gear or 3rd gear Grind" threads pop up every few months and it always turns out to be the transmission.

If the car grinds with an SSP, it grinds without it. You just may not be able to hear or feel it as much. Long story short it's the transmission.

Changing the fluid helps a lot.
Hope its not my trans, since the car has been doing it since I put the SSP on at around 400 or so miles on the clock

Just want to let everybody know. I have no beef with jbarone. I very much appreciate his feedback and will continue to buy his product.
 Old 07-31-2011, 05:21 PM   #27

mrmonk7663 is the leader of the worldmrmonk7663 is the leader of the worldmrmonk7663 is the leader of the worldmrmonk7663 is the leader of the worldmrmonk7663 is the leader of the worldmrmonk7663 is the leader of the worldmrmonk7663 is the leader of the worldmrmonk7663 is the leader of the worldmrmonk7663 is the leader of the worldmrmonk7663 is the leader of the worldmrmonk7663 is the leader of the world
Thanked 2,094 Times in 1,061 Posts
Groans: 13
Groaned at 17 Times in 9 Posts
Not Ranked  0 score     

JBarone or anyone else, what kind of tranny fluid do you reccomend for the Genpu? I want to go ahead and get this done.

Waiting to install- JTMS3 SUB BOX!!!

TEAM LBN BEERS -- FYCN
TEAM MUMFORD -- FYCN
mrmonk7663 is offline   Reply With Quote
 Old 07-31-2011, 06:28 PM   #28
Approved MSF Vendor

Not Ranked  0 score     

Ford Full Synthetic, no friction modifier.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to jbarone For This Useful Post:
eppopipe (07-31-2011), JS + MS3 (07-31-2011)
 Old 07-31-2011, 07:14 PM   #29

specvspeedfreak is the leader of the worldspecvspeedfreak is the leader of the worldspecvspeedfreak is the leader of the worldspecvspeedfreak is the leader of the worldspecvspeedfreak is the leader of the worldspecvspeedfreak is the leader of the worldspecvspeedfreak is the leader of the worldspecvspeedfreak is the leader of the worldspecvspeedfreak is the leader of the worldspecvspeedfreak is the leader of the worldspecvspeedfreak is the leader of the world
Thanked 1,127 Times in 622 Posts
Groans: 8
Groaned at 54 Times in 27 Posts
Not Ranked  0 score     

Had the same exact problem with mine. took it off.. Got SURE ssp (have a thread in this section on it) and I don't have that problem anymore.but the fluid is magic so it might help out with the noise.
specvspeedfreak is offline   Reply With Quote
 Old 07-31-2011, 07:15 PM   #30
Banned

sellers is the leader of the worldsellers is the leader of the worldsellers is the leader of the worldsellers is the leader of the worldsellers is the leader of the worldsellers is the leader of the worldsellers is the leader of the worldsellers is the leader of the worldsellers is the leader of the worldsellers is the leader of the worldsellers is the leader of the world
Not Ranked  0 score     

I bet that SURE's design they copied off Jamie is the reason it's not happening.
 Old 07-31-2011, 07:29 PM   #31

specvspeedfreak is the leader of the worldspecvspeedfreak is the leader of the worldspecvspeedfreak is the leader of the worldspecvspeedfreak is the leader of the worldspecvspeedfreak is the leader of the worldspecvspeedfreak is the leader of the worldspecvspeedfreak is the leader of the worldspecvspeedfreak is the leader of the worldspecvspeedfreak is the leader of the worldspecvspeedfreak is the leader of the worldspecvspeedfreak is the leader of the world
Not Ranked  0 score     

Originally Posted by sellers View Post
I bet that SURE's design they copied off Jamie is the reason it's not happening.
huh? design is different. concept is the same ill give you that.... Jazzy was making these before, did Jamie copy him? I was just stating my experience..Im not hating on jamies stuff. I know it works for most... for the rest the more aggressive throws might be too much and it causes the issue (but thats just my theory)..anyways go back to hugging jamies nuts
 Old 07-31-2011, 07:32 PM   #32
Banned

Not Ranked  0 score     

Originally Posted by specvspeedfreak View Post
huh? design is different. concept is the same ill give you that.... Jazzy was making these before, did Jamie copy him? I was just stating my experience..Im not hating on jamies stuff. I know it works for most... for the rest the more aggressive throws might be too much and it causes the issue (but thats just my theory)..anyways go back to hugging jamies nuts
Sure just made it look pretty, like all of their products. They've brought nothing new to the community, just remade parts in nice packaging.

I had a grinding issue with Jamie's SSP, and adjusted my shifter, and guess what? It's fucking buttery smooth right now.
The Following User Says Thank You to sellers For This Useful Post:
jbarone (08-01-2011)
 Old 07-31-2011, 07:42 PM   #33

Not Ranked  0 score     

You dont know what you're talking about. having a plate for a short shifter is not a new thing. Jamie didn't invent it. He took time in our community to support it and thats why he is appreciated around here. Nothing he has made is a new thing. did he not come out with a RMM after everyone else? do we discredit him? No cause he shows support for our platform.. listen, the point you're trying to make is wrong.

My response for the OP was not to make this about what is better.. It was about my experience (same as his)..

OP also adjusted his.. and guess what? it still makes the noise.
 Old 07-31-2011, 07:44 PM   #34
Banned

Not Ranked  0 score     

Yeah, *you're right.
 Old 07-31-2011, 07:47 PM   #35

Not Ranked  0 score     

Originally Posted by sellers View Post
Yeah, *you're right.
fixed it for you Mr. spellcheck
 Old 07-31-2011, 07:48 PM   #36
Banned

Not Ranked  0 score     

Thanks Mr. Genpu
 Old 07-31-2011, 09:30 PM   #37

corwyn09 has a spectacular aura aboutcorwyn09 has a spectacular aura about
Groaned at 2 Times in 1 Post
Not Ranked  0 score     

same thing was happening to me. i ended up figuring it wasn't worth effort for the shorter throw so i had it off for a year. i read a couple threads about the sure ssp and figured i would give it a shot, works great for me too. don't have to worry about it at all now. seemed to me like the 3 to 2 throw wasn't allowing the synchro to do its job. really wish that my jbr ssp would have worked though, i know a lot of others, most everyone on here, has had success. doesn't make any sense to me why it would be different from car to car.

and the designs are different by the way. the ball is set lower on the plate than on the jbr. doesn't allow for as short of a throw, but it does seem to keep the cable in a relatively good mood.
 Old 07-31-2011, 09:40 PM   #38

Matrix311 is the leader of the worldMatrix311 is the leader of the worldMatrix311 is the leader of the worldMatrix311 is the leader of the worldMatrix311 is the leader of the worldMatrix311 is the leader of the worldMatrix311 is the leader of the worldMatrix311 is the leader of the worldMatrix311 is the leader of the worldMatrix311 is the leader of the worldMatrix311 is the leader of the world
Thanked 1,677 Times in 671 Posts
Groaned at 3 Times in 3 Posts
Not Ranked  0 score     

thanks for the post and the link on his website to fine tune the shifter. my car has been having issues with only 2nd gear after installing the SSP. I already had shifter bushings installed long long long ago and decided to install his SSP. I love the short shifting but the grinding in 2nd is really annoying when i'm wanting to get on it. I'm due for a tranny fluid flush, i've got about 30k miles on the redline tranny fluid i currently have in the car. It's not a buttery smooth as it was when i put it in. So i'm going to give the ford stuff a try and also try to fine tune my shifter to see if i can get the car back to properly shifting into 2nd.

Sent from my Transformer TF101 using Tapatalk

2007 MS3 Sport, gtx3071r, Full-Race Exhaust Manifold, SP PNP Intake Manifold, SP 88mm Pistons 9:5:1, Manley H Beam Rods, 10mm H11 Head Studs, ARP Main Studs, 4" HTP TIP + Small Battery Tray, 3 Bar MAP, Grimmspeed ECBS, CP-E FMIC, CP-E DP, CP-E Nexus CBE, Tokay Injector Seals, CP-E RMM, SU PMM, TRZ TMM, PTP FP Internals, DCR VVT, JBrone Shift Plate, SU Shifter Bushings, HKS SSQV, ITV22, DIY Perm Plate with dual OCC, Corksport Radiator Shroud, Southbend Stage 3 Clutch, DO Stage 2 Meth D10, Evo X Wheels, 245/40-18 Nitto NT05, Koni Sports + H&R Springs **463whp/409lb-ft via Mustang Dyno as of 3/28/14**

**9/19/13** Zoom Zoom Boom ** Currently Rebuilding with goal of 475whp
**11/19/13** Forged engine built and started up the car for the first time, success!
**3/28/14** Dyno results from build 463whp / 409lb-ft Mustang Dyno
Matrix311 is offline   Reply With Quote
 Old 07-31-2011, 09:46 PM   #39

ahskeetz is the leader of the worldahskeetz is the leader of the worldahskeetz is the leader of the worldahskeetz is the leader of the worldahskeetz is the leader of the worldahskeetz is the leader of the worldahskeetz is the leader of the worldahskeetz is the leader of the worldahskeetz is the leader of the worldahskeetz is the leader of the worldahskeetz is the leader of the world
Groans: 1
Groaned at 7 Times in 5 Posts
Not Ranked  0 score     

I've had the same problem since I installed my JBR SSP. Aside from the 3rd to 2nd downshift, everything has been jiffy. I might try out the SURE SSP if you guys are having better luck.
2010 Black Mica MS3 |CP-E Nano.TIP.TMIC.RMM|1G DSM BPV|UR DP.TP|H&R springs|eBay camber arms|ITV-22|Ford XT-M5-QS|Sure Shortcut|PG shift weight|JBR Bushings|Maisonvi Chode Knob|MD OCC|Cobb AP tuned by me
2008 Suzuki GSX-R750 |Yoshimura R55 CF slip-on
2013 Kawasaki Ninja 300|15T sprocket
ahskeetz is offline   Reply With Quote
 Old 07-31-2011, 09:58 PM   #40

Zulu is a name known to allZulu is a name known to allZulu is a name known to allZulu is a name known to allZulu is a name known to allZulu is a name known to all
Not Ranked  0 score     

ok so i'm in the same position as the OP. i have the JBR SSP and am having the same clunky noise down shifiting into 2nd. i noticed that if i granny shifty it in its not as bad but thats only under that condition. i never really spoke up because i figured that with the music off and windows down, the clunky noise was nothing too far out of the ordinary. after all its just a more pronounced shifting sound, there's no grinding or anything like that.

what are my options here? am i causing damage as a result of leaving the SSP in? my car is at 5600 miles and still under warranty. should i stock out and take it to the dealer to see if its the tranny?

To be installed: EGR Kit
Zulu is offline   Reply With Quote