register gallery

Go Back   Mazdaspeed Forums >
MAZDASPEED SECTION
>
Mazdaspeed 3 MZR Gen2 Forums (2010-2013)
> 2010 MS3 - Engine, Transmission & Driveline

Welcome to Mazdaspeed Forums .

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

*When you join MSF as a registered user, there will be No Ads.

*Registered Members get access to the Off Topic Area of the Forum

*Registered Members have an opportunity to upgrade their accounts to VIP, which brings a host of goddies for supporting MSF such as Raffles, Additional Forum Access, More PM Storage, The ability to upload more Images and many other enhancements.

*Registered members also get access to the live chat box!
Like Tree11Likes

Bookmark and Share LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
 Old 09-20-2017, 01:32 AM   #1

spikespencer is a jewel in the roughspikespencer is a jewel in the roughspikespencer is a jewel in the roughspikespencer is a jewel in the rough
Groans: 0
Groaned at 0 Times in 0 Posts
(Thread Starter)
Not Ranked  0 score     
Default Anyone use VIS Motorsport HPFP Internals?

Seems like everyone here is running either Corksport or Autotech HPFP Internals but I've heard a lot of good things about VIS Motorsport HPFP Internals from non-Mazda owners and I understand whether they are Corksport (Gen-6-999-10), VIS (P495-15), or Autotech (10-127-100K) that they're all compatible in cars with similar HPFP.

I see some design differences, ones that I like more with VIS (Autotech left, Stage 2 VIS center and Stage 1 right in image below), but I would like to know if I'm going to be the first person to try this or if anyone else has ever installed VIS HPFP Internals? I couldn't find any other threads mentioning it, so I'm thinking I will be. If I end up being the first to try them I'll report back and let everyone know what I find in this thread.
zenit likes this.
 Old 09-20-2017, 05:15 AM   #2

GroceryGtr is the leader of the worldGroceryGtr is the leader of the worldGroceryGtr is the leader of the worldGroceryGtr is the leader of the worldGroceryGtr is the leader of the worldGroceryGtr is the leader of the worldGroceryGtr is the leader of the worldGroceryGtr is the leader of the worldGroceryGtr is the leader of the worldGroceryGtr is the leader of the worldGroceryGtr is the leader of the world
Groaned at 2 Times in 2 Posts
Not Ranked  0 score     

keep us updated. I hate the damn rattle from the autotechs and CS solution. Wondering if VIS has the same issue.

Silver 06 MS6 - DD stealth build - no show, all go....
'12 Abarth Challenge Car - very loud, very fast, very inconvenient to drive on the street...
GroceryGtr is offline   Reply With Quote
 Old 09-20-2017, 08:29 AM   #3

WAMBUSHHHH! is the leader of the worldWAMBUSHHHH! is the leader of the worldWAMBUSHHHH! is the leader of the worldWAMBUSHHHH! is the leader of the worldWAMBUSHHHH! is the leader of the worldWAMBUSHHHH! is the leader of the worldWAMBUSHHHH! is the leader of the worldWAMBUSHHHH! is the leader of the worldWAMBUSHHHH! is the leader of the worldWAMBUSHHHH! is the leader of the worldWAMBUSHHHH! is the leader of the world
Thanked 1,333 Times in 713 Posts
Groans: 9
Groaned at 3 Times in 3 Posts
Not Ranked  0 score     

Originally Posted by GroceryGtr View Post
keep us updated. I hate the damn rattle from the autotechs and CS solution. Wondering if VIS has the same issue.
You're not the first person I've heard this complaint from but in the 4 years I had my AT internals installed, I never once heard any rattle or if I did it wasn't noticeable enough to register. I assume that my RMM (JBR 70 which was later swapped for the MD RMM) was probably the reason I didn't hear any subtle noises from the internals as the slight increase in NVHs drowned out any subtle rattles. Another NATOR member said they heard a rattle caused by the AT internals but in the car I could hear nothing and only faintly heard something when I had my head in the engine and he started the car like a dickhead. If its loud enough to hear in the cabin and it drives you that crazy I'd probably pull them just to be certain everything is seated correctly?

OP I think you may be hard pressed to find someone who has used something different outside of AT and CS. AT and CS have been the only game in town for a while and for good reason. They're the tried and true internals for these car. They just work and because of that there really hasn't been a need to support other options. I would think you'd be hard pressed to find someone who has tried any other option outside of AT and CS for those reasons alone. If you factor in that this platform is 4 years past production death, internals are just not an area that needed innovation or more options. With that said though, trail-blaze and test them yourself! Who knows you may be able to offer a third option for the last remaining owners who need internals!

2004 Yamaha R6 - Micron Ricer Pipe / PC
2005 Honda CBR 600 F4i - R.I.P. 10/29/13
WAMBUSHHHH! is offline   Reply With Quote
 Old 09-20-2017, 09:14 AM   #4

Bexar is a splendid one to beholdBexar is a splendid one to beholdBexar is a splendid one to beholdBexar is a splendid one to beholdBexar is a splendid one to beholdBexar is a splendid one to beholdBexar is a splendid one to behold
Groans: 1
Groaned at 18 Times in 8 Posts
Not Ranked  0 score     

Originally Posted by WAMBUSHHHH! View Post
If you factor in that this platform is 4 years past production death, internals are just not an area that needed innovation or more options. With that said though, trail-blaze and test them yourself! Who knows you may be able to offer a third option for the last remaining owners who need internals!
Correct, internals don't need innovation. However, I don't agree that we don't need more options. It would be great to see a company come and undercut CS/AT prices if their quality was on-par.

Cobb: APV3, shiftknob, TIP Corksport: intake, SSP, HPFP, strut tower bar, hoodscoop
JBR:
rear sway bar + big brackets, recirc hose, shifter bushings CP-E: stage 2 RMM GFB: blow off HKS: filter

To install: downpipe, Damond EGR delete
Bexar is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Bexar For This Useful Post:
WAMBUSHHHH! (09-21-2017)
 Old 09-20-2017, 11:17 AM   #5

WAMBUSHHHH! is the leader of the worldWAMBUSHHHH! is the leader of the worldWAMBUSHHHH! is the leader of the worldWAMBUSHHHH! is the leader of the worldWAMBUSHHHH! is the leader of the worldWAMBUSHHHH! is the leader of the worldWAMBUSHHHH! is the leader of the worldWAMBUSHHHH! is the leader of the worldWAMBUSHHHH! is the leader of the worldWAMBUSHHHH! is the leader of the worldWAMBUSHHHH! is the leader of the world
Not Ranked  0 score     

Originally Posted by Bexar View Post
Correct, internals don't need innovation. However, I don't agree that we don't need more options. It would be great to see a company come and undercut CS/AT prices if their quality was on-par.
I suppose I should have phrased that last part differently. More options aren't necessarily NEEDED but would be WANTED by a select few. The vast majority of owners who are modding already have their internals and since AT and CS have withstood the test of time I highly doubt anyone is willing to remove their AT/CS internals for another option that hasn't withstood the same trials AT/CS internals have especially the aforementioned test of time.

The very small population of new owners looking for internals just isn't a market worth exploring since AT and CS are the proven titans. Any option that comes forward at this point will always pale in comparison because of how long AT/CS have been out and how many cars are running them. Even if a third option was discovered and it was priced better, there will always be doubt and comparison to their AT/CS counterparts. I would think based on the vast majority of owners that AT/CS would still be recommended over a 3rd option simply because more people are running them without issue. No one is going to recommend a product they haven't tested themselves. I highly doubt at this point given the small market segment that a third option would drive the price down on AT/CS internals, if that's what you were implying originally. For example, AT internals didn't fall in price when CS released their internals.

Like I said, I think he'll be hard pressed to find anyone who has tried these internals since they probably were never on the map to begin with. If a third option is so coveted, OP has a chance here to be bring it to light by testing himself! He can be the first!
Bexar likes this.

Old 09-20-2017, 01:12 PM   #6

zenit is the leader of the worldzenit is the leader of the worldzenit is the leader of the worldzenit is the leader of the worldzenit is the leader of the worldzenit is the leader of the worldzenit is the leader of the worldzenit is the leader of the worldzenit is the leader of the worldzenit is the leader of the worldzenit is the leader of the world
Thanked 2,086 Times in 732 Posts
Groans: 57
Groaned at 7 Times in 6 Posts
Not Ranked  0 score     

Interesting- keep us posted.

I wonder whether extra HPFP flow will do anything for maximum bhp achievable due to maxing out IDC's.

It could be that the mazdaspeed injectors can't use the extra flow and are the primary point of restriction.
@phate; @atvfreek; @xfeejayx; @silvapain;
silvapain likes this.

"if anyone else acts a fool, we'll punish them to Roberts oil hut to discuss string alignment technique"
-wetzel
zenit is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to zenit For This Useful Post:
WAMBUSHHHH! (09-21-2017)
 Old 09-20-2017, 01:18 PM   #7
Eth Fiend

phate is the leader of the worldphate is the leader of the worldphate is the leader of the worldphate is the leader of the worldphate is the leader of the worldphate is the leader of the worldphate is the leader of the worldphate is the leader of the worldphate is the leader of the worldphate is the leader of the worldphate is the leader of the world
Thanked 21,699 Times in 5,864 Posts
Groans: 7
Groaned at 17 Times in 14 Posts
Not Ranked  0 score     

Originally Posted by zenit View Post
Interesting- keep us posted.

I wonder whether extra HPFP flow will do anything for maximum bhp achievable due to maxing out IDC's.

It could be that the mazdaspeed injectors can't use the extra flow and are the primary point of restriction.
@phate; @atvfreek; @xfeejayx; @silvapain;
No extra pressure, no extra flow. We're limited by the ecu on max pressure, so the higher crack pressure relief valves are worthless as well.

Injectors are the next step, which isn't going to happen.

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk
silvapain likes this.

www.mazdamotorsports.com <<--Mazda racer support program that is free to join and will save you a ton of money.
phate is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to phate For This Useful Post:
btstarcher (09-30-2017), Vansquish (09-20-2017), WAMBUSHHHH! (09-21-2017)
 Old 09-20-2017, 02:42 PM   #8

xfeejayx is the leader of the worldxfeejayx is the leader of the worldxfeejayx is the leader of the worldxfeejayx is the leader of the worldxfeejayx is the leader of the worldxfeejayx is the leader of the worldxfeejayx is the leader of the worldxfeejayx is the leader of the worldxfeejayx is the leader of the worldxfeejayx is the leader of the worldxfeejayx is the leader of the world
Thanked 2,693 Times in 980 Posts
Groans: 78
Groaned at 33 Times in 28 Posts
Not Ranked  0 score     

Also have diminishing returns with flow vs. pressure. I don't think you'll gain much with more pressure, but I haven't done the math to see what there is to be gained from the single orifice we have.
silvapain likes this.
xfeejayx is offline   Reply With Quote
 Old 09-20-2017, 03:18 PM   #9

nindoja is the leader of the worldnindoja is the leader of the worldnindoja is the leader of the worldnindoja is the leader of the worldnindoja is the leader of the worldnindoja is the leader of the worldnindoja is the leader of the worldnindoja is the leader of the worldnindoja is the leader of the worldnindoja is the leader of the worldnindoja is the leader of the world
Thanked 2,553 Times in 1,122 Posts
Groans: 16
Groaned at 4 Times in 4 Posts
Not Ranked  0 score     

Originally Posted by xfeejayx View Post
Also have diminishing returns with flow vs. pressure. I don't think you'll gain much with more pressure, but I haven't done the math to see what there is to be gained from the single orifice we have.
Didn't @Enki; do that in one of his threads?
Brakes: Hawk HPS pads // ATE Superblue fluid // Stainless Steel Brake Lines
Other: CP-e Safe Seals // MattDamond shift plate // Masonvi shift knob // 3.5" WP w/recirc // RSB // IM + TB tigs // Synapse Engineering FMIC + BOV // Autotech internals
Tune: hypnotic tuned

Critical Stats:
// 305whp/352tq
// 13.34 @ 98 - Mason Dixon Dragway - 4/13/14

Titanium Gray 2006 Mazdaspeed 6
Damond Motorsports: OCC // Short shift plate // Turbo oil feed restrictor bolt
Other: Autotech internals // Ebay M2 DP // Masonvi shift knob //
nindoja is offline   Reply With Quote
 Old 09-21-2017, 12:11 AM   #10

spikespencer is a jewel in the roughspikespencer is a jewel in the roughspikespencer is a jewel in the roughspikespencer is a jewel in the rough
(Thread Starter)
Not Ranked  0 score     

I'll certainly keep everyone updated, it'll be a couple of weeks until it gets here and have a chance to install the kit, final price after converting from £200 is $270USD. Certainly a competitive price if you don't need it the next day.

I agree with @phate there's no more flow and no more pressure to be had, with everything being limited by the injectors, I read through Enki's threads fascinating.

However, I'm not personally looking to build huge power, I just want this car to last as my daily (60 miles in Seattle traffic) and be more reliable than my 93 RX7, so HPFP Internals are going on as a reliability mod since it came with mild bolt-ons I don't want to take off and I want to be able to support a little bit more.

VIS is super responsive to Facebook IMs so when I asked them about Mazda applications they said:
We have sold a lot of Mazda owners too but we cannot publish any name as they are protected by law, the pump is the same as Mazda, all customers buy and use it in all applications which this kit fits and a lot of them are for sure Mazda too!

We have been working with race teams around the globe, car enthusiasts and simply customers with best results not to mention world record results too since 2009.

Also you have a full warranty not like other companies such as Autotech which has zero warranty ��
I agree though I know a lot of people run the Autotech internals with no problems, I just don't feel they look as strong, then there's things like this below coupled with the lack of warranty. I'm liking the VIS just for peace of mind...
 Old 09-21-2017, 04:43 AM   #11

silvapain is the leader of the worldsilvapain is the leader of the worldsilvapain is the leader of the worldsilvapain is the leader of the worldsilvapain is the leader of the worldsilvapain is the leader of the worldsilvapain is the leader of the worldsilvapain is the leader of the worldsilvapain is the leader of the worldsilvapain is the leader of the worldsilvapain is the leader of the world
Thanked 19,667 Times in 5,045 Posts
Groans: 136
Groaned at 47 Times in 41 Posts
Not Ranked  0 score     

Those “stage 2” internals look TOO big... and yes, you can have a pump that’s too big.

Once you deviate that far from the stock pump size, the ECU will have trouble maintaining consistent fuel pressure - in control lingo, the loop tuning becomes too hot. If you run the fuel pressure setpoint close to the crack pressure of the fuel rail pressure relief valve, it will activate frequently, which leads to premature failure of the valve. So to prevent that, you have to lower your fuel pressure setpoint, which won’t help with the spray pattern of the injector.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
WAMBUSHHHH! (09-21-2017), zenit (09-21-2017)
 Old 09-21-2017, 06:34 AM   #12

xfeejayx is the leader of the worldxfeejayx is the leader of the worldxfeejayx is the leader of the worldxfeejayx is the leader of the worldxfeejayx is the leader of the worldxfeejayx is the leader of the worldxfeejayx is the leader of the worldxfeejayx is the leader of the worldxfeejayx is the leader of the worldxfeejayx is the leader of the worldxfeejayx is the leader of the world
Thanked 2,693 Times in 980 Posts
Groans: 78
Groaned at 33 Times in 28 Posts
Not Ranked  0 score     

I'm seeing 300euro on their site, ~$360. Am I missing something?
xfeejayx is offline   Reply With Quote
 Old 09-21-2017, 06:49 AM   #13

mituc is the leader of the worldmituc is the leader of the worldmituc is the leader of the worldmituc is the leader of the worldmituc is the leader of the worldmituc is the leader of the worldmituc is the leader of the worldmituc is the leader of the worldmituc is the leader of the worldmituc is the leader of the worldmituc is the leader of the world
Thanked 2,133 Times in 1,234 Posts
Groans: 111
Not Ranked  0 score     

Originally Posted by GroceryGtr View Post
This issue has been fixed by pretty much everyone like 450 years ago. The problem used to be (for some it still is) too high HPFP commanded pressure in low load/low RPM situations. Correct the fuel pressure tables in the tune (or simply use those stock tables, the ATs and CSs will land around 1800PSI anyway even if you command 1720) and that annoying rattle you can hear in those situations will simply go away.
Bilstein B12 + CS Camber plates + Eibach camber arms, SSR Type-F, Michelin PS4 225/40/R18, Cobb RMM, StopTech Street Pads + Stoptech Slotted disks, SouthBend Enduro Stage3 clutch, genpu TMM + CS Insert, TheSpeedLine 2X Rear Cross Floor and Rear Middle Lower Strut bars, Tanabe 4 Point Under Brace, Whiteline Bumpsteeer corection kit
JBR Tru-3" + CS CAI Box, SU TMIC, Cobb XLE, NGK LTR7IX, UR v3 catted DP and res&catted TP, Cobb CatBack, GS EBCS, Autotech internals, GTX3071, CS 3.5BAR, Guardian Angel, CoolingMist WMI, VCTS Delete, stock ported IM
SP63 87.5mm 4032 9.5:1 pistons, Manley rods, CA625+ head studs, Clevite AL main bearings, King rod bearings, CP-e safe seals, DCR VVT, Koyorad radiator.
StratiVersaTuned FTW to 28PSI, self-tuned to 32PSI

2008 Icy Blue Mazda CX7 6 Speed Manual
SU TMIC, Autotech HPFP internals, Cobb XLE, Cobb EBCS, CorkSport 3.5BAR MAP
GTX2867R gen2, stock spark plugs, stock cats and stock exhaust FTW, JBR Tru-3" Silicone intake
TheSpeedLine Top and Lower Strut bars
self-Versatuned to 22PSI
mituc is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to mituc For This Useful Post:
MSMS3 (09-21-2017)
 Old 09-21-2017, 07:00 AM   #14

MSMS3 is the leader of the worldMSMS3 is the leader of the worldMSMS3 is the leader of the worldMSMS3 is the leader of the worldMSMS3 is the leader of the worldMSMS3 is the leader of the worldMSMS3 is the leader of the worldMSMS3 is the leader of the worldMSMS3 is the leader of the worldMSMS3 is the leader of the worldMSMS3 is the leader of the world
Thanked 1,826 Times in 980 Posts
Groans: 140
Groaned at 47 Times in 31 Posts
Not Ranked  0 score     

Been running Autotech internals for about 6 years now or a bit more. No problem whatsoever. The same kit is used with success for many years in a lot of VW/Audi upgrade applications with their 2.0T engine.

Its reliability is well-established. Huge number of them in service. It gives us all the pressure and volume this engine can use with stock injectors. Bigger will not be better.

Sunlight Silver '08 MS3 GT Mods: (Sold 1/25/2019 after 10 years of ownership)
BNR Stage 1 (to fix smoking K04 turbo), TurboXS 3" Catless DP/RP "Stealthback" into stock CBE, Vibrant 3 inch Ultra Quiet Resonator in RP section, Magnaflow 3 1/2" exhaust tip, Mazdaspeed CAI w/air straightener and K&N conical filter, NGK 6510 Iridium IX one step colder plugs, Hypertech tune, Autotech HPFP internals, Stock BPV (works perfectly), Yokohama Advan Neova AD08R's (stock size on stock rims); Hawk HPS pads; SURE RMM; Grimmspeed EBCS (2 port mode), Bilstein B6's, SPC rear camber arms.
MSMS3 is offline   Reply With Quote
 Old 09-21-2017, 08:31 AM   #15

Not Ranked  0 score     

Originally Posted by spikespencer View Post
I agree though I know a lot of people run the Autotech internals with no problems, I just don't feel they look as strong, then there's things like this below coupled with the lack of warranty. I'm liking the VIS just for peace of mind...
Keep us posted when they arrive! I trust that you already have an AP or similar monitoring device to be sure that the fuel pressure is where it's supposed to be after install. I'm sure you know already what can happen if you're fuel pressure dips..

There is always going to be defects and the linked picture above is the exception not the rule when it comes to AT internals. They are the standard for our platform for a reason. If they were prone to massive failures trust that the community would have noted it and moved on to another option (cue Street Unit). I'm not sure why you have it in your mind that AT's reliability is questionable but to each their own. I'd be more inclined to use what the vast majority of owners have been using that has well over a decade worth of real world testing to back out their performance. But again, kudos for finding another possible option! Keep us posted!

Old 09-21-2017, 11:31 AM   #16

ChaunceyM is the leader of the worldChaunceyM is the leader of the worldChaunceyM is the leader of the worldChaunceyM is the leader of the worldChaunceyM is the leader of the worldChaunceyM is the leader of the worldChaunceyM is the leader of the worldChaunceyM is the leader of the worldChaunceyM is the leader of the worldChaunceyM is the leader of the worldChaunceyM is the leader of the world
Groans: 5
Groaned at 1 Time in 1 Post
Not Ranked  0 score     

Originally Posted by WAMBUSHHHH! View Post
If you factor in that this platform is 4 years past production death, internals are just not an area that needed innovation or more options. With that said though, trail-blaze and test them yourself! Who knows you may be able to offer a third option for the last remaining owners who need internals!
Go back to your VW circle-jerk, quitter!
TWM: Full Replacement Shifter
Cobb: AP
AutoTech: HPFP Internals
Ebay: Test Pipe
ChaunceyM is offline   Reply With Quote
 Old 09-21-2017, 11:39 AM   #17

Not Ranked  0 score     

Originally Posted by ChaunceyM View Post
Go back to your VW circle-jerk, quitter!
Says the guy who recently asked me about my trade-in value to help gauge some super secret project that would require the trading in of his speed...

The Following User Says Thank You to WAMBUSHHHH! For This Useful Post:
MSMS3 (10-07-2017)
 Old 09-21-2017, 11:52 AM   #18

ChaunceyM is the leader of the worldChaunceyM is the leader of the worldChaunceyM is the leader of the worldChaunceyM is the leader of the worldChaunceyM is the leader of the worldChaunceyM is the leader of the worldChaunceyM is the leader of the worldChaunceyM is the leader of the worldChaunceyM is the leader of the worldChaunceyM is the leader of the worldChaunceyM is the leader of the world
Groans: 5
Groaned at 1 Time in 1 Post
Not Ranked  0 score     

Nothing but hearsay and conjecture!
Besides, that has since dried up, meaning I'm still a loyal MS3 owner.
TWM: Full Replacement Shifter
Cobb: AP
AutoTech: HPFP Internals
Ebay: Test Pipe
ChaunceyM is offline   Reply With Quote
 Old 09-21-2017, 12:27 PM   #19

Not Ranked  0 score     

Originally Posted by ChaunceyM View Post
Nothing but hearsay and conjecture!
Besides, that has since dried up, meaning I'm still a loyal MS3 owner.
Yeah but you thought about it...

The Following User Says Thank You to WAMBUSHHHH! For This Useful Post:
MSMS3 (10-07-2017)
 Old 09-21-2017, 01:26 PM   #20

(Thread Starter)
Not Ranked  0 score     

Originally Posted by silvapain View Post
Those “stage 2” internals look TOO big... and yes, you can have a pump that’s too big.
I have no interest in the Stage 2, I'll let the Audi/VW guys wear out the supporting engine internals. Stage 1 looks more than good enough.

Originally Posted by xfeejayx View Post
I'm seeing 300euro on their site, ~$360. Am I missing something?
They have an official eBay account I submitted a Best Offer of £200 and now I'm wondering if I should have gone lower...Still a good deal I think.

I'm not expecting the AutoTech to fail but I've been on the unlucky side of a part "that never failed that way before" failing with my first Mazda3 so I like the idea of both saving money, getting a warranty, and having a part that looks less likely to fail based on my visual impression.
 Old 09-21-2017, 02:14 PM   #21

Not Ranked  0 score     

I'm not expecting the AutoTech to fail but I've been on the unlucky side of a part "that never failed that way before" failing with my first Mazda3 so I like the idea of both saving money, getting a warranty, and having a part that looks less likely to fail based on my visual impression.
That's fair. I'm not trying to convince you otherwise, just trying to make it known that AT internal failures are the exception not the rule. I mean, just like the VIS the AT internals are actually VW internals that just pair very well with our platform. Best of luck, sir!

Old 09-22-2017, 07:37 AM   #22

Arab has a spectacular aura aboutArab has a spectacular aura about
Not Ranked  0 score     

I have no interest in the Stage 2, I'll let the Audi/VW guys wear out the supporting engine internals. Stage 1 looks more than good enough.

They have an official eBay account I submitted a Best Offer of £200 and now I'm wondering if I should have gone lower...Still a good deal I think.

I'm on the unlucky side too, I got black death from running e30 but my AT internals have been noisy from the start and have only had pressure issues when the black death built up. Even then it was easy to clean with that redline stuff and has been hitting 1900~2000 psi at WOT since.

Regarding VIS I know they make decent carbon fiber parts, my prelude has had a hood and trunk from them for 10 years and they still look new, but I didn't know they made anything like HPFP internals. I'm interested in a review if you get them cuz if my awd civic build doesn't go good I'll need another hatch and I've been thinking about adding an ms3 to my garage.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk
 Old 09-22-2017, 10:35 AM   #23

(Thread Starter)
Not Ranked  0 score     

Originally Posted by Arab View Post
I'm on the unlucky side too, I got black death from running e30Regarding VIS I know they make decent carbon fiber parts, my prelude has had a hood and trunk from them for 10 years and they still look new, but I didn't know they made anything like HPFP internals.
Totally different company, the Vis Racing Sports Inc. you're referring to is a U.S. headquartered company that specializes in body kits. VIS Motorsport headquartered in Romania and specializing in one thing and one thing only: Fuel solutions for Audi & VW TFSI 2.0T and 2.5T engines with HPFPs.
 Old 09-22-2017, 10:48 AM   #24

Arab has a spectacular aura aboutArab has a spectacular aura about
Not Ranked  0 score     

Totally different company, the Vis Racing Sports Inc. you're referring to is a U.S. headquartered company that specializes in body kits. VIS Motorsport headquartered in Romania and specializing in one thing and one thing only: Fuel solutions for Audi & VW TFSI 2.0T and 2.5T engines with HPFPs.
Lol that makes way more sense

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk
 Old 09-22-2017, 12:40 PM   #25

mituc is the leader of the worldmituc is the leader of the worldmituc is the leader of the worldmituc is the leader of the worldmituc is the leader of the worldmituc is the leader of the worldmituc is the leader of the worldmituc is the leader of the worldmituc is the leader of the worldmituc is the leader of the worldmituc is the leader of the world
Not Ranked  0 score     

Wow... so I had these guys right under my nose and I found about them only now... Well, the fact that they deal mostly with failwagens and it only happens for our pumps to be alike kind of explains it.
Bilstein B12 + CS Camber plates + Eibach camber arms, SSR Type-F, Michelin PS4 225/40/R18, Cobb RMM, StopTech Street Pads + Stoptech Slotted disks, SouthBend Enduro Stage3 clutch, genpu TMM + CS Insert, TheSpeedLine 2X Rear Cross Floor and Rear Middle Lower Strut bars, Tanabe 4 Point Under Brace, Whiteline Bumpsteeer corection kit
JBR Tru-3" + CS CAI Box, SU TMIC, Cobb XLE, NGK LTR7IX, UR v3 catted DP and res&catted TP, Cobb CatBack, GS EBCS, Autotech internals, GTX3071, CS 3.5BAR, Guardian Angel, CoolingMist WMI, VCTS Delete, stock ported IM
SP63 87.5mm 4032 9.5:1 pistons, Manley rods, CA625+ head studs, Clevite AL main bearings, King rod bearings, CP-e safe seals, DCR VVT, Koyorad radiator.

GTX2867R gen2, stock spark plugs, stock cats and stock exhaust FTW, JBR Tru-3" Silicone intake
self-Versatuned to 22PSI
 Old 09-22-2017, 04:03 PM   #26

KiwiFlavor is the leader of the worldKiwiFlavor is the leader of the worldKiwiFlavor is the leader of the worldKiwiFlavor is the leader of the worldKiwiFlavor is the leader of the worldKiwiFlavor is the leader of the worldKiwiFlavor is the leader of the worldKiwiFlavor is the leader of the worldKiwiFlavor is the leader of the worldKiwiFlavor is the leader of the worldKiwiFlavor is the leader of the world
Thanked 1,541 Times in 943 Posts
Groans: 18
Groaned at 6 Times in 5 Posts
Not Ranked  0 score     

Originally Posted by mituc View Post
Wow... so I had these guys right under my nose and I found about them only now... Well, the fact that they deal mostly with failwagens and it only happens for our pumps to be alike kind of explains it.
@mituc;

Since they deal with fuel solutions, maybe u can ask them to make us injectors lol! I know it's far-fetched but probably worth asking. lol

BNR S3 - JBR Tru 3.0" - CP-E TMIC - Corksport catless DP - Corksport catted race pipe - Forge V2 - Autotech internals + AP v3 - Swift springs - Enkei RPF1 17x9 + 45 (5mm JBR spacers in the front) - Freektune 320/346
KiwiFlavor is offline   Reply With Quote
 Old 09-22-2017, 05:37 PM   #27

g00s3y is the leader of the worldg00s3y is the leader of the worldg00s3y is the leader of the worldg00s3y is the leader of the worldg00s3y is the leader of the worldg00s3y is the leader of the worldg00s3y is the leader of the worldg00s3y is the leader of the worldg00s3y is the leader of the worldg00s3y is the leader of the worldg00s3y is the leader of the world
Thanked 2,166 Times in 964 Posts
Groans: 439
Groaned at 11 Times in 11 Posts
Not Ranked  0 score     

This platform is on life support. More options for hpfp internals doesn't help anyone.

These are $359, how is that cheaper than autotech?
 Old 09-23-2017, 12:12 AM   #28

Not Ranked  0 score     

Originally Posted by g00s3y View Post
Here in Europe we get the Autotechs from the US. That means:
- $350 retail price;
- at least $30 for shipping, and for $30 shipping we usually wait 3-6 weeks;
- +20% VAT which is calculated for the retail price + shipping;
- +3-5% customs taxes, also calculated for the retail price + shipping;
= (350 + 30) * 1.25 =~ $475. So this is pretty much how much we pay for a set of autotech HPFP internals.

Now, the VIS Motorsports guys sell theirs for 300EUR which is about $350-360. So the price difference is quite significant for the Euro market.
So if you can source the VIS motorsports HPFP internals from an US/CAN reseller at a price which compares to the Autotechs and you realyl want these VIS motorsports internals then most probably it's going to worth it, as far as I understand the VIS internals are as reliable as they can be and they're available for more massmurderwagen TSI engines than the autotechs.

Originally Posted by KiwiFlavor View Post
Since they deal with fuel solutions, maybe u can ask them to make us injectors lol! I know it's far-fetched but probably worth asking. lol
They're only making these fuel pump pistons... nothing else.
Moreover, they're in Europe where the 2.3DISI-T engine is not necessarily one that was sold as extensively as in the US/CAN. The idiots from the goverments here are more concerned about the CO2 emissions from the engines (gasoline or petrol) than the poisoning soot and ashes that the planet killing diesels spit out of their tailpipes no matter they meet the euro3 or euro6 emissions standards.

Also, in its induced and well cultivated hypocrisy the european car buyer only wants to get from A to B in the cheapest way possible, no matter that the vegetation and animals suffocate behind him. So they will guy diesels even for short trips.

Now you can understand why big petrol engines are quite rare.

This platform is on life support. More options for hpfp internals doesn't help anyone
That, and the failwagen people also have the option of larger injectors with the WV stamp on them. You can slap 4.0FSI injectors on a 2.0TFSI, or 3.0/4.0TSI injectors on 2.5TSI and all of a sudden there's 20-30% more fuel. That helped by a decently flowing HPFP and 600HP on the DI "factory" system is at reach with the supporting mods.
KiwiFlavor likes this.

self-Versatuned to 22PSI

Last edited by mituc; 09-23-2017 at 12:12 AM. Reason: MSF Database - Automerged Doublepost
g00s3y (10-06-2017)
 Old 09-23-2017, 12:38 AM   #29

(Thread Starter)
Not Ranked  0 score     

There still seem to be a few people on the forum who still drive these cars. I've been putting a lot of miles on mine since I got it so I'm at 67k and hope to keep it for another 150k.

If you buy them straight off the site it's not any cheaper. eBay Best Offer resulted in a $270USD new direct from the company price with free shipping through DHL (got to Cincinnati in less than a day after purchase). I don't think it will be here this weekend but hopefully by next week I'll have it installed.
g00s3y (10-06-2017), mituc (09-23-2017)
 Old 09-23-2017, 04:47 AM   #30

2008mazdaspeed3! will become famous soon enough2008mazdaspeed3! will become famous soon enough
Not Ranked  0 score     

Please let us know the results.
 Old 09-25-2017, 03:50 PM   #31

(Thread Starter)
Not Ranked  0 score     

It arrives today! Only problem is it will probably have to wait until this weekend to install. I was hoping it would get here this last weekend since I had everything torn apart for an EGR delete, Coolant bypass and a valve cleaning--that was one of the worst experiences working on a car in my life by the way, walnut shells did very little to help so I spent hours scraping oily carbon off manually by hand. However, I don't think I'm going to have the downtime to get it done any sooner. The worst part about working on the daily.
Bexar likes this.
mituc (09-26-2017)
 Old 09-26-2017, 09:00 AM   #32

Bexar is a splendid one to beholdBexar is a splendid one to beholdBexar is a splendid one to beholdBexar is a splendid one to beholdBexar is a splendid one to beholdBexar is a splendid one to beholdBexar is a splendid one to behold
Groans: 1
Groaned at 18 Times in 8 Posts
Not Ranked  0 score     

It arrives today! Only problem is it will probably have to wait until this weekend to install. I was hoping it would get here this last weekend since I had everything torn apart for an EGR delete, Coolant bypass and a valve cleaning--that was one of the worst experiences working on a car in my life by the way, walnut shells did very little to help so I spent hours scraping oily carbon off manually by hand. However, I don't think I'm going to have the downtime to get it done any sooner. The worst part about working on the daily.
Post some pics when you get the internals....and yeah fucking around with a dd is dangerous, especially when work depends on it like myself. I need to do EGR/bypass/valves too ....

Cobb: APV3, shiftknob, TIP Corksport: intake, SSP, HPFP, strut tower bar, hoodscoop
JBR:
rear sway bar + big brackets, recirc hose, shifter bushings CP-E: stage 2 RMM GFB: blow off HKS: filter

To install: downpipe, Damond EGR delete
Bexar is offline   Reply With Quote
 Old 09-26-2017, 05:31 PM   #33

(Thread Starter)
Not Ranked  0 score     

Originally Posted by Bexar View Post
Post some pics when you get the internals....and yeah fucking around with a dd is dangerous, especially when work depends on it like myself. I need to do EGR/bypass/valves too ....
I'll try and get some better pics later but the unit feels solid and the tolerances tight. Honestly if I could see anything concerning about it I wouldn't even chance it but it looks like the stage 1 pictures above. Packing was insane, they could have shipped a Fabergé egg in the same packing with no fears across the 6,000 mile journey.

I have a few backup vehicles that are less suited to daily driving but work fine, such as my Mazda B2600i I picked up for $350 a couple of years ago and only now got around to changing the fluids on...The thing is a beast and surprisingly fun to drive though I just use it to haul stuff and doesn't do great with stop and go traffic. The Harley the GSXR but those are not great for carpooling with my wife 30 miles every day only once or twice a week.

Valves are a must you would not believe how bad they can get. The dealership did them under warranty last time only 30k ago and I don't know how that thing was running. I feel like I still didn't get them as clean as I wanted but wasn't going to spend days on it. Hopefully the EGR delete will prevent further issues.

I think I'm going to hold off on doing the internals until the AccessPort I ordered gets here, I've been holding off on getting one until I could find one less than $300. I'm not a huge fan of the CEL being on all the time from the EGR delete so, the AP is a must now.
 Old 09-26-2017, 05:36 PM   #34

MaxSpeed13 is a jewel in the roughMaxSpeed13 is a jewel in the roughMaxSpeed13 is a jewel in the roughMaxSpeed13 is a jewel in the rough
Not Ranked  0 score     

I have been following this thread as i am curious. That does look like some really good packaging for sure. I also do like the fact that they have a warranty on the product. Will keep an eye out for your update.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G920A using Tapatalk
MaxSpeed13 is offline   Reply With Quote
 Old 09-27-2017, 06:12 AM   #35

Not Ranked  0 score     

I think I'm going to hold off on doing the internals until the AccessPort I ordered gets here, I've been holding off on getting one until I could find one less than $300. I'm not a huge fan of the CEL being on all the time from the EGR delete so, the AP is a must now.
Yes, good plan. While it's not a requirement to have a monitoring solution for installing internals, its highly recommended since you won't have any way of knowing for sure if everything was installed correctly and working properly. As a cheaper alternative, you can try using the torque app if you wanted to keep saving up for an AP.

Old 09-29-2017, 10:21 AM   #36

GettaJaab is on a distinguished road
Groaned at 3 Times in 1 Post
Not Ranked  0 score     

This platform is on life support. More options for hpfp internals doesn't help anyone.

Your mom's on life support.
g00s3y (10-06-2017), mituc (09-29-2017), MS3Shadow (10-08-2017)
 Old 09-29-2017, 08:33 PM   #37

Not Ranked  0 score     

Originally Posted by GettaJaab View Post
Be phoken realistic and show respect to other people, you're not talking to a pair of balls here but to real people which quite a bit of experience. Or maybe you're talking with your chin against a pair of balls, I don't know... but do it somewhere else.

self-Versatuned to 22PSI
g00s3y (10-06-2017)
 Old 09-30-2017, 05:09 AM   #38

5doorsoffury is the leader of the world5doorsoffury is the leader of the world5doorsoffury is the leader of the world5doorsoffury is the leader of the world5doorsoffury is the leader of the world5doorsoffury is the leader of the world5doorsoffury is the leader of the world5doorsoffury is the leader of the world5doorsoffury is the leader of the world5doorsoffury is the leader of the world5doorsoffury is the leader of the world
Groans: 74
Groaned at 12 Times in 10 Posts
Not Ranked  0 score     

You could of done better then that... You literally just stuck "your mom" in front of what he said. You must be very sophisticated in an argument.

You could of said your mom is so old her dildo is on life support.
Your mom is so fat her shoes are on life support.
Maby i fucked your mom so hard she is on life support.

Very basic but affective. Next time you want to spout a yo mama joke take a minute and think before you speak.
Arab, KiwiFlavor and g00s3y like this.
PTE 5858 Vband .82ar // Tial EWG // CPE Mani // 3" Turboback // JBR Under route hot pipe // MD ST mani+spacer with PI // Siemens 60lb Injectors // Splitsecond inj controller // JBR 88 duro RMM/TMM // MD PMM // TWM Full replacement shifter // JBR CC // Autotech FP Internals // SP63 SB/Manley rods SP63 pro pistons // Treadstone FMIC TR824 // FoMoCo Tranny Jizz // South Bend Clutch Stage 3 enduro// GFB Respons // FJ 4" intake // WMI 100% VPM1 // Air Lift 1000 in rear // N2MB WOT BOX
Rfinkle tune in progress

The Brooklyn beater: 2005 1.8 Auto Sentra

5doorsoffury is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to 5doorsoffury For This Useful Post:
g00s3y (10-06-2017), KiwiFlavor (10-02-2017)
 Old 10-05-2017, 04:37 PM   #39

MaxSpeed13 is a jewel in the roughMaxSpeed13 is a jewel in the roughMaxSpeed13 is a jewel in the roughMaxSpeed13 is a jewel in the rough
Not Ranked  0 score     

Any update on install OP?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G920A using Tapatalk
MaxSpeed13 is offline   Reply With Quote
 Old 10-06-2017, 07:53 AM   #40

g00s3y is the leader of the worldg00s3y is the leader of the worldg00s3y is the leader of the worldg00s3y is the leader of the worldg00s3y is the leader of the worldg00s3y is the leader of the worldg00s3y is the leader of the worldg00s3y is the leader of the worldg00s3y is the leader of the worldg00s3y is the leader of the worldg00s3y is the leader of the world
Thanked 2,166 Times in 964 Posts
Groans: 439
Groaned at 11 Times in 11 Posts
Not Ranked  0 score     

Too bad they didn't take you off life support when you came out of your mothers diseased vagina 3 months prematurely from all the crack and cock she constantly took while pregnant with you. Trying as hard as possible to remove the worthless little shit that would be ruining her blue waffle of a vagina, and her already worthless life. Knowing you would be nothing more than a financial drain on her alcohol/drug money (aka child support) she gets every month from your dad who divorced the cum guzzling slut.