Mazdaspeed Forums

Mazdaspeed Forums (http://www.mazdaspeedforums.org/forum/)
-   2010 MS3 - Engine, Transmission & Driveline (http://www.mazdaspeedforums.org/forum/f427/)
-   -   Best Gen 2 Transmission Fluid? (http://www.mazdaspeedforums.org/forum/f427/best-gen-2-transmission-fluid-219355/)

Tru3 09-11-2018 09:55 AM

Best Gen 2 Transmission Fluid?
 
Any recommendations? I’ve seen that the Motorcraft XT-M5-QS, works best for gen ones.

What are you running in your Gen 2? And purchase links are appreciated :)


2010 MS3 // CS Tip * CS Sri * CS Boost Tubes * CS MZR Bpv * CS Hpfp * Cp-e TMIC * COBB AP (Freektune OTS +)

Thor Hammer 09-11-2018 10:42 AM

No difference in fluid requirements between gens. Come on man. Its just trans fluid. Use the Motorcraft unicorn oil and get it on Amazon. Search next time brownie!

Tru3 09-11-2018 10:43 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Thor Hammer (Post 3150497)
No difference in fluid requirements between gens. Come on man. Its just trans fluid. Use the Motorcraft unicorn oil and get it on Amazon. Search next time brownie!



I can link you to a thread of people saying it didn’t work well for them? All gen twos


2010 MS3 // CS Tip * CS Sri * CS Boost Tubes * CS MZR Bpv * CS Hpfp * Cp-e TMIC * COBB AP (Freektune OTS +)

Db09ms3 09-11-2018 11:03 AM

Just do it. You'll be fine.

cyclist20 09-11-2018 11:13 AM

Technically, gen 2 requires 75W80 and gen 1 75w90. I have used both redline 75w80 and Ford unicorn jizz. I will be going back to redline. I think it just a touch better in the cold.

Tru3 09-11-2018 11:26 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cyclist20 (Post 3150505)
Technically, gen 2 requires 75W80 and gen 1 75w90. I have used both redline 75w80 and Ford unicorn jizz. I will be going back to redline. I think it just a touch better in the cold.



Thanks! Looking to get Redline MT-90


2010 MS3 // CS Tip * CS Sri * CS Boost Tubes * CS MZR Bpv * CS Hpfp * Cp-e TMIC * COBB AP (Freektune OTS +)

GohanX 09-11-2018 11:27 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Thor Hammer (Post 3150497)
No difference in fluid requirements between gens. Come on man. Its just trans fluid. Use the Motorcraft unicorn oil and get it on Amazon. Search next time brownie!

I just got a few quarts from Rockauto for my Speed 6, right now it's quite a bit cheaper than Amazon at $15.11 a quart. Haven't put it in because some asshole tightened the fill plug with an impact wrench...

Thor Hammer 09-11-2018 11:42 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tru3 (Post 3150498)
I can link you to a thread of people saying it didn’t work well for them? All gen twos


2010 MS3 // CS Tip * CS Sri * CS Boost Tubes * CS MZR Bpv * CS Hpfp * Cp-e TMIC * COBB AP (Freektune OTS +)

Then I guess you know better already right? It didn't work well for them because they beat the shit out of their cars. And when the trans stops shifting smooth and pops out of gear they blame it on the fluid. That's just ignorant.

Seriously dude, its a manual trans and just about any fluid with the correct ratings will work. If you don't like Motorcraft then use Redline. Don't make it complicated. We don't like oil discussions around here. Go check with your bro's on Facebook. they will talk about it all day long.

Quote:

Originally Posted by GohanX (Post 3150507)
I just got a few quarts from Rockauto for my Speed 6, right now it's quite a bit cheaper than Amazon at $15.11 a quart. Haven't put it in because some asshole tightened the fill plug with an impact wrench...

I've been using this fluid for the past 60K miles and changed it twice. My trans works perfectly. I don't drag race or beat on it though.

MoMS3 09-11-2018 05:23 PM

On a semi-related note, I've been having issues with my transmission grinding randomly (with clutch on the floor), I've got 20k mile old Redline MTL in the transmission (car has 50k miles), so thinking some Motorcraft or Motul Gear 300 is going in next oil change.

I have however noticed something rather strange, in that reflashing between maps seems to cure my notchy shifting temporarily. Like no joke, it goes from "my 2nd and 3rd synchros are fucked" to "feels like a fresh transmission". It seems like as my ECU relearns the adaptations, the shifting gets progressively more clunky, same with general on/off throttle transitions, starts off smooth, then gets more and more lurchy. It usually takes a couple weeks of commuting to notice this, but it has happened every time I reflashed this summer. Any thoughts?


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 10:43 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.6
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
SEO by vBSEO ©2011, Crawlability, Inc.
vB.Sponsors

©Copyright 2008 ; 2019 Cymru Internet Services LLC | FYHN™ Autosports HQ
Ad Management plugin by RedTyger

Page generated in 0.17608 seconds with 11 queries