register gallery

Go Back   Mazdaspeed Forums >
MAZDASPEED SECTION
>
Mazdaspeed 3 MZR Gen2 Forums (2010-2013)
> 2010 MS3 - Engine, Transmission & Driveline

Welcome to Mazdaspeed Forums .

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

*When you join MSF as a registered user, there will be No Ads.

*Registered Members get access to the Off Topic Area of the Forum

*Registered Members have an opportunity to upgrade their accounts to VIP, which brings a host of goddies for supporting MSF such as Raffles, Additional Forum Access, More PM Storage, The ability to upload more Images and many other enhancements.

*Registered members also get access to the live chat box!

Bookmark and Share LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
 Old 11-11-2017, 12:29 PM   #1

espenc is an unknown quantity at this point
Groans: 0
Groaned at 0 Times in 0 Posts
(Thread Starter)
Not Ranked  0 score     
Default Ford XT-M5-QS Issue

Anyone here have issues with this oil? I recently started using this in my 2012, been noticing very poor shifting from 1-2 especially when cold, occasionally when warm.
espenc is offline   Reply With Quote
 Old 11-11-2017, 03:31 PM   #2

Djohns is the leader of the worldDjohns is the leader of the worldDjohns is the leader of the worldDjohns is the leader of the worldDjohns is the leader of the worldDjohns is the leader of the worldDjohns is the leader of the worldDjohns is the leader of the worldDjohns is the leader of the worldDjohns is the leader of the worldDjohns is the leader of the world
Thanked 2,391 Times in 1,290 Posts
Groans: 99
Groaned at 7 Times in 6 Posts
Not Ranked  0 score     

Had the same issue. That oil is more geared towards gen Juan guys. For a pu I would recommend redline. I switched over to that in mine and I love it. Much better than the ford stuff.
The go: Depo racing: downpipe (100 cell count), custom: FMIC. HTP: 3.5" intake, under route piping. JBR: shortshifter, RSB. Autotech: HPFP internals. Go fast bits: hybrid BPV, VMR: 18x8.5 V710s, Bridgestone: potenza re760 245/40/18, KW: v3 coilovers,SPC: camber arms, freektuned, Damond Motorsports: dual OCC, PMM, PCV plate, RMM, TMM, EGR delete, FoSt mani, Corksport: battery box(fuck this thing), injector seals, Cobb: EBCS, AP v3. AEM: methanol. Seibon: carbon fiber hood. UR: catback. Bosch: 3bar. BNR: s4, DNP: EWG manifold, Tial: 38mm mvs EWG.

The show: 5% tint all around, 50% tint windshield, rally armor mudflaps, Sony XAV64BT touchscreen headunit, katskin leather interior, CPE relocation plate, Maisonvi weighted shift knob, Corksport hoodscoop, black housing headlights.

Soon:built motor
Djohns is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Djohns For This Useful Post:
AveryPlaysBass (11-14-2017)
 Old 11-11-2017, 03:45 PM   #3

alden has a brilliant futurealden has a brilliant futurealden has a brilliant futurealden has a brilliant futurealden has a brilliant futurealden has a brilliant futurealden has a brilliant futurealden has a brilliant futurealden has a brilliant futurealden has a brilliant futurealden has a brilliant future
Groaned at 2 Times in 2 Posts
Not Ranked  0 score     

Yea I changed mine a few months back with the ford stuff. Much ragrets. I'll be switching to Redline sooner than later.
alden is offline   Reply With Quote
 Old 11-11-2017, 05:55 PM   #4

espenc is an unknown quantity at this point
(Thread Starter)
Not Ranked  0 score     

Huh. I will have to give the Redline a try. Its kinda odd that it works well in the gen juan's but not as much in the pu's...
espenc is offline   Reply With Quote
 Old 11-14-2017, 11:48 AM   #5

nekret is the leader of the worldnekret is the leader of the worldnekret is the leader of the worldnekret is the leader of the worldnekret is the leader of the worldnekret is the leader of the worldnekret is the leader of the worldnekret is the leader of the worldnekret is the leader of the worldnekret is the leader of the worldnekret is the leader of the world
Groaned at 1 Time in 1 Post
Not Ranked  0 score     

FWIW I switched to Torco RTF and noticed significant cold weather improvement over the Redline.
CorkSport 3.5" MAF & TIP | CP-E FMIC | Synapse BPV | CorkSport EBCS (Interrupt) | Bosch 3 bar MAP | CorkSport HPFP Internals | CP-E Catted Downpipe | CP-E Triton 3" CBE | JBR Stage 2 OCC | Kozmic Primary EGR Delete | JBR Secondary EGR delete | NGK 6510 | TB coolant Bypass | JBR IM & TB Gaskets | Damond RMM, PMM, & TMM | JBR light shift weight | TWM Full Replacement Shifter | Cobb AccessPort V3 | FreekTune

Chassis
JBR Front & Rear Sway Bars | JBR Billet Rear Sway Bar Brackets | Whiteline Adjustable Front&Rear sway bar links | JBR Coilovers | Corksport BBK | Corksport Lower Tie Bar | Corksport Mid Chasis Brace

Rice
LED bumper reflectors | Morimoto LED Fog lights | VLEDs LED Highbeams | Independent Fogs | AP Engine & HPFP cover | CorkSport Pulleys | Corksport Leather Shift Knob | Corksport Steering Wheel | Damond front plate mount | Lukas LK-9750 2ch dashcam | Eonon GA7163 | thespeedline.com blue mirrors | thespeedline.com hood dampers

nekret is offline   Reply With Quote
 Old 11-14-2017, 01:27 PM   #6

Db09ms3 will become famous soon enoughDb09ms3 will become famous soon enough
Not Ranked  0 score     

Works great in my GenWon '09. I believe the weight did change between gens
Db09ms3 is offline   Reply With Quote
 Old 11-14-2017, 02:15 PM   #7

5doorsoffury is the leader of the world5doorsoffury is the leader of the world5doorsoffury is the leader of the world5doorsoffury is the leader of the world5doorsoffury is the leader of the world5doorsoffury is the leader of the world5doorsoffury is the leader of the world5doorsoffury is the leader of the world5doorsoffury is the leader of the world5doorsoffury is the leader of the world5doorsoffury is the leader of the world
Groans: 67
Groaned at 4 Times in 3 Posts
Not Ranked  0 score     

Funny it has worked fine for me? There are many threads on unicorn tranny jizz and some people needed friction modifier some didn't some went redline so its up to the owner. The fuckin price of that shit was so much that i am not up to trying diffrent fluids out lol.
PTE 5858 Vband .82ar // Tial EWG // CPE Mani // 3" Turboback // JBR Under route hot pipe // MD ST mani+spacer with PI // Siemens 60lb Injectors // Splitsecond inj controller // JBR 88 duro RMM/TMM // MD PMM // TWM Full replacement shifter // JBR CC // Autotech FP Internals // SP63 SB/Manley rods SP63 pro pistons // Treadstone FMIC TR824 // FoMoCo Tranny Jizz // South Bend Clutch Stage 3 enduro// GFB Respons // FJ 4" intake // WMI 100% VPM1// Air Lift 1000 in rear
Rfinkle tune in progress

The Brooklyn beater: 2005 1.8 Auto Sentra

5doorsoffury is offline   Reply With Quote
 Old 11-14-2017, 02:21 PM   #8

AveryPlaysBass has a brilliant futureAveryPlaysBass has a brilliant futureAveryPlaysBass has a brilliant futureAveryPlaysBass has a brilliant futureAveryPlaysBass has a brilliant futureAveryPlaysBass has a brilliant futureAveryPlaysBass has a brilliant futureAveryPlaysBass has a brilliant futureAveryPlaysBass has a brilliant futureAveryPlaysBass has a brilliant futureAveryPlaysBass has a brilliant future
Groaned at 6 Times in 4 Posts
Not Ranked  0 score     

Damn i thought i was the only genpu that switched to Ford and was not all that thrilled with it. What would be a good recommendation for 2nd gens, Redline?

2012 MS3 w/Tech Package

Engine: CS SRI/Tip, AutoTech internals, Damond Banjo Bolt, CFM Mount, CS Racepipe, Resonator delete, Tuned by FREEKTUNE

Trans: CS insert, CS bushings, Damond Shifter Plate

Suspension: Koni Orange with CS springs, Konig Controls 17x7.5 with 225/45 Conti DW's

Appearance: Plasti Dipped Emblems, Bumper Guard, CS Steering wheel/Shift knob/E-brake handle,dumb stickers
AveryPlaysBass is offline   Reply With Quote
 Old 11-14-2017, 03:01 PM   #9

aackthpt is the leader of the worldaackthpt is the leader of the worldaackthpt is the leader of the worldaackthpt is the leader of the worldaackthpt is the leader of the worldaackthpt is the leader of the worldaackthpt is the leader of the worldaackthpt is the leader of the worldaackthpt is the leader of the worldaackthpt is the leader of the worldaackthpt is the leader of the world
Groans: 4
Groaned at 3 Times in 2 Posts
Not Ranked  0 score     

Originally Posted by AveryPlaysBass View Post
Damn i thought i was the only genpu that switched to Ford and was not all that thrilled with it. What would be a good recommendation for 2nd gens, Redline?
Redline MTL. Just buy the gallon: https://www.amazon.com/Red-Line-5020.../dp/B002INJ69I

I've got it in now. For me, no real difference from the Ford juice, which was no real difference from factory fill. On the other hand no complaints and the whole gallon was cheaper than 3 quarts of Ford.
The Following User Says Thank You to aackthpt For This Useful Post:
AveryPlaysBass (11-14-2017)
 Old 11-15-2017, 10:32 AM   #10

Bexar is a name known to allBexar is a name known to allBexar is a name known to allBexar is a name known to allBexar is a name known to allBexar is a name known to all
Groans: 1
Groaned at 18 Times in 8 Posts
Not Ranked  0 score     

Here's what I got, one of the best deals since our transmissions need approx a little less than 3qt. For Redline 75w90

Redline special 3qts

Need to be installed: TurboXS downpipe, midpipe // Hawk pads + rotors // Redline trans fluid // Damond EGR delete

I ❤ hatches
Bexar is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Bexar For This Useful Post:
AveryPlaysBass (11-15-2017)
 Old 11-15-2017, 12:53 PM   #11

aackthpt is the leader of the worldaackthpt is the leader of the worldaackthpt is the leader of the worldaackthpt is the leader of the worldaackthpt is the leader of the worldaackthpt is the leader of the worldaackthpt is the leader of the worldaackthpt is the leader of the worldaackthpt is the leader of the worldaackthpt is the leader of the worldaackthpt is the leader of the world
Not Ranked  0 score     

Originally Posted by Bexar View Post
Here's what I got, one of the best deals since our transmissions need approx a little less than 3qt. For Redline 75w90

Redline special 3qts
Good call! Same deal for MTL: https://www.ebay.com/itm/Red-Line-Oi...T/182738268188

MTL fits the specs from the manual better, at least for later years (not sure if the spec changed over the years). But reading the descriptions and specs there appears to be so little difference between MT-90 and MTL that it probably doesn't matter much.
The Following User Says Thank You to aackthpt For This Useful Post:
AveryPlaysBass (11-15-2017)
 Old 11-15-2017, 01:06 PM   #12

Bexar is a name known to allBexar is a name known to allBexar is a name known to allBexar is a name known to allBexar is a name known to allBexar is a name known to all
Groans: 1
Groaned at 18 Times in 8 Posts
Not Ranked  0 score     

Hmmm...so did I get slightly the "wrong" one? I still haven't done the fluid change so I've still got the unopened bottles.

Need to be installed: TurboXS downpipe, midpipe // Hawk pads + rotors // Redline trans fluid // Damond EGR delete

I ❤ hatches
Bexar is offline   Reply With Quote
 Old 11-15-2017, 05:17 PM   #13

Not Ranked  0 score     

Originally Posted by Bexar View Post
Hmmm...so did I get slightly the "wrong" one? I still haven't done the fluid change so I've still got the unopened bottles.
Check your manual but I just downloaded the 2013 ms3 manual from the Mazda site, it says GL-4 and 75w-80.

MTL says 75w80 in the title: https://www.redlineoil.com/mtl-75w80-gl-4-gear-oil
but also says "Satisfies the gear oil viscosity requirements of 75W, 80W and motor oil viscosities of SAE 30, 10W30 and 5W30"

MT-90 says 75w90 in the title: https://www.redlineoil.com/mt-90-75w90-gl-4-gear-oil
but also says "Satisfies the gear oil viscosity requirements of 75W90, 80W90, 90 and motor oil viscosities of SAE 40, 10W40 and 15W40"

Both say GL-4, syncromesh, etc etc blah blah blah. Interestingly there is a fair bit of viscosity difference between 80 and 90 weight oils: SAE viscosity grades ? viscosity table and viscosity chart
...80 -> 8.02-11.0 and 90 -> 13.13-18.5 ....I'm surprised it's that much different. Normal engine oil doesn't have nearly that much difference between 30 and 40 weight for example.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to aackthpt For This Useful Post:
Bexar (11-15-2017), krimsonviper (11-21-2017)