register gallery

Go Back   Mazdaspeed Forums >
MAZDASPEED SECTION
>
Mazdaspeed 3 MZR Gen2 Forums (2010-2013)
> 2010 MS3 - Engine, Transmission & Driveline

Welcome to Mazdaspeed Forums .

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

*When you join MSF as a registered user, there will be No Ads.

*Registered Members get access to the Off Topic Area of the Forum

*Registered Members have an opportunity to upgrade their accounts to VIP, which brings a host of goddies for supporting MSF such as Raffles, Additional Forum Access, More PM Storage, The ability to upload more Images and many other enhancements.

*Registered members also get access to the live chat box!

Bookmark and Share LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
 Old 09-25-2018, 03:34 AM   #1

GUCCISUPREME is an unknown quantity at this point
Groans: 0
Groaned at 0 Times in 0 Posts
(Thread Starter)
Not Ranked  0 score     
Default Potential clutch issue. need help

ok so ive done a lot of searching both on and off this forum and havent found anyone experiencing the same issue as me.

i first noticed the issue when i was next to a wall and the sound bounced back at me but its started to get louder. it sounded like a metal scraping/maybe a rubber squeaking when going in to first almost like aluminum foil scraping is the best way i can describe it. the noise is not made in neutral when pressing and releasing the clutch only when the clutch is engaging and sometimes i can hear it when going over bumps like it almost sounds like a suspension issue but its clearly not.

ive tested this by just slowly clutching in to first with no gas and it only starts making the noise right as the gear is grabbing. also the sound usually only happens right after i drive the car really hard and is hot. also once if i turn the car off i can hear the noise as its shutting off, it almost sounds like a squeaky belt. im really lost as to what it could be any ideas what this could be?

i can try making a video if possible but my exhaust is really loud so im not sure how it would turn out. thanks guys
GUCCISUPREME is offline   Reply With Quote
 Old 09-28-2018, 02:35 PM   #2

ProChargedLS2 is a jewel in the roughProChargedLS2 is a jewel in the roughProChargedLS2 is a jewel in the rough
Groaned at 5 Times in 2 Posts
Neutral  +1 score     

Mount the camera up front, take multiple shots and areas that you can hear it most in the videos.
Clutches make noise so it might just be your first time hearing clutch noise amplified off walls, but from what you described it might be a worse issue.
Any vibes and/or grabbing issues? Does it slip at all?
Also did you ever question the integrity of your clutch at any point in time before you heard these noises?
I've had a nice long relationship with clutch chatter, so I'm somewhat used to noises from there. A video would really help

JBR BSB + Baffle kit, SU TMIC, cp-e SRI + TIP, CS RMM, CS SSB, JBR SSP, Forge BPV, CS HPFP Internals
ProChargedLS2 is offline   Reply With Quote
 Old 09-30-2018, 11:53 PM   #3

(Thread Starter)
Not Ranked  0 score     

Originally Posted by ProChargedLS2 View Post
Mount the camera up front, take multiple shots and areas that you can hear it most in the videos.
Clutches make noise so it might just be your first time hearing clutch noise amplified off walls, but from what you described it might be a worse issue.
Also did you ever question the integrity of your clutch at any point in time before you heard these noises?
I've had a nice long relationship with clutch chatter, so I'm somewhat used to noises from there. A video would really help
no vibes or grabbing, the clutch works perfectly fine and i did not question its integrity at all before i heard the noises, and even now that i hear the noises it still works perfectly fine.

the noise is strange, because it only starts when the car is warm after being driven hard and recently its been making noise when the car is going over bumps or is being jolted around. its so strange. ill try and take a video of it soon
 Old 10-05-2018, 10:16 AM   #4

Fstrnyou is the leader of the worldFstrnyou is the leader of the worldFstrnyou is the leader of the worldFstrnyou is the leader of the worldFstrnyou is the leader of the worldFstrnyou is the leader of the worldFstrnyou is the leader of the worldFstrnyou is the leader of the worldFstrnyou is the leader of the worldFstrnyou is the leader of the worldFstrnyou is the leader of the world
Groans: 19
Groaned at 6 Times in 5 Posts
Not Ranked  0 score     

Does the noise change with rpm or speed or constant?
Versatuner, 3-bar MAP, NGK6510, CP-e TMIC
CS Turbo/DP/RP/HPFP/BPV/R-DiffMount
White Widow F-DiffMount, Whiteline RSB
Russian Bushings in Back, Poly FSB Bushings, Magnaflow CBE, ACT sprung 6-puck/Streetlite
JBR Tru-3.5/3-port EBCS/EGR-D
Damond RMM/PMM/Stage 2 OCC/PCV Plate
AWR TMM on stand-by
Other rides:
2002 Tacoma ExtCab 2.4L 5spd 2WD - 355k mile Speed support vehicle.
2004 Olds Alero ECOtec 2.2 - Broken (since Christmas 2015 and I really need to get rid of it)
History:
2008 GSX-R 1000 - Stolen (With several runs past 180, I'd probably be dead by now if it wasn't stolen. So in a way, I'm thankful.)
1988 RX-7 TII - Sold (Megasquirt, streetport, filter-on-turbo SRI, custom TBE, 20psi boost creep on OE turbo, OE TMIC on ice, 13.467 @ 105.44) apex seals said buh bye!
1985 Camaro - Sold (est. 265bhp 5.7 swap, Edelbrock intake & Hooker headers)
Fstrnyou is offline   Reply With Quote
 Old 10-10-2018, 04:16 AM   #5

(Thread Starter)
Not Ranked  0 score     

Originally Posted by Fstrnyou View Post
noise only lasts for a split second while the clutch is engaging, and then once i get on the gas i cant hear it at all. probably because im straight pipe so im not sure if its still making the noise. i got it on video last night im going to upload it today.
 Old 10-11-2018, 12:54 PM   #6

(Thread Starter)
Not Ranked  0 score     

Originally Posted by ProChargedLS2 View Post
Originally Posted by Fstrnyou View Post

here is a link to the sound. this is in reverse and first gear

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=29dD...ature=youtu.be
 Old 10-14-2018, 11:02 AM   #7

(Thread Starter)
Not Ranked  0 score     

anyone have any ideas?