register gallery

Go Back   Mazdaspeed Forums >
MAZDASPEED SECTION
>
Mazdaspeed 3 MZR Gen2 Forums (2010-2013)
> 2010 MS3 - Engine, Transmission & Driveline

Welcome to Mazdaspeed Forums .

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

*When you join MSF as a registered user, there will be No Ads.

*Registered Members get access to the Off Topic Area of the Forum

*Registered Members have an opportunity to upgrade their accounts to VIP, which brings a host of goddies for supporting MSF such as Raffles, Additional Forum Access, More PM Storage, The ability to upload more Images and many other enhancements.

*Registered members also get access to the live chat box!

Bookmark and Share LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
 Old 09-07-2014, 10:17 AM   #1

Jadcock has much to be proud ofJadcock has much to be proud ofJadcock has much to be proud ofJadcock has much to be proud ofJadcock has much to be proud ofJadcock has much to be proud ofJadcock has much to be proud ofJadcock has much to be proud ofJadcock has much to be proud of
Groans: 0
Groaned at 0 Times in 0 Posts
(Thread Starter)
Not Ranked  0 score     
Default Slave/Master cylinder Intermittent Issues

I'm trying to figure out an occasional frustration with my clutch. Car has 23k miles. Stock clutch. I have shifter bushings and SSP.
What I've noticed sometimes at slightly uphill red lights is that when I come to a stop in gear, clutch pedal all the way down, the car won't roll back and it will be harder but not impossible to pull out of gear. Clutch pedal still down, I pull it out of gear and then the car rolls backwards.
Slave cylinder shouldn't be leaking because it won't slowly engage when I sit in gear with the pedal down.

Any ideas guys?
Thanks for any input.

Sent from my DROID RAZR HD using Tapatalk
Jadcock is offline   Reply With Quote
 Old 09-10-2014, 12:41 PM   #2

frequencysurfer is the leader of the worldfrequencysurfer is the leader of the worldfrequencysurfer is the leader of the worldfrequencysurfer is the leader of the worldfrequencysurfer is the leader of the worldfrequencysurfer is the leader of the worldfrequencysurfer is the leader of the worldfrequencysurfer is the leader of the worldfrequencysurfer is the leader of the worldfrequencysurfer is the leader of the worldfrequencysurfer is the leader of the world
Not Ranked  0 score     

If you look at your belly pan from the top, you can see the slave cylinder sitting right at the front bottom of the motor. When mine went out, it barfed up fluid everywhere on the belly pan. You can spot the drips before it goes out. That's if it's the slave... you may have some air in the lines, just try bleeding the clutch from the slave cylinder.
frequencysurfer is offline   Reply With Quote
 Old 09-10-2014, 12:50 PM   #3

Jadcock has much to be proud ofJadcock has much to be proud ofJadcock has much to be proud ofJadcock has much to be proud ofJadcock has much to be proud ofJadcock has much to be proud ofJadcock has much to be proud ofJadcock has much to be proud ofJadcock has much to be proud of
(Thread Starter)
Not Ranked  0 score     

Thanks for the input. I can't remember if there's a resivoir under the battery tray since I had it off last I'm sure there is one.
Any special fluid preferred by you guys?

Sent from my DROID RAZR HD using Tapatalk
Jadcock is offline   Reply With Quote
 Old 09-10-2014, 01:22 PM   #4

frequencysurfer is the leader of the worldfrequencysurfer is the leader of the worldfrequencysurfer is the leader of the worldfrequencysurfer is the leader of the worldfrequencysurfer is the leader of the worldfrequencysurfer is the leader of the worldfrequencysurfer is the leader of the worldfrequencysurfer is the leader of the worldfrequencysurfer is the leader of the worldfrequencysurfer is the leader of the worldfrequencysurfer is the leader of the world
Not Ranked  0 score     

The clutch and brakes are serviced by the same reservoir. Just top up the brake fluid reservoir, and the fluid will get to the clutch lines. If you just DD, you can use any old Dot3, otherwise, get some Dot4 if you track\Autox.
frequencysurfer is offline   Reply With Quote