register gallery

Go Back   Mazdaspeed Forums >
MAZDASPEED SECTION
>
Mazdaspeed 3 MZR Gen2 Forums (2010-2013)
> 2010 MS3 - Dyno Sheets/Discussions

Welcome to Mazdaspeed Forums .

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

*When you join MSF as a registered user, there will be No Ads.

*Registered Members get access to the Off Topic Area of the Forum

*Registered Members have an opportunity to upgrade their accounts to VIP, which brings a host of goddies for supporting MSF such as Raffles, Additional Forum Access, More PM Storage, The ability to upload more Images and many other enhancements.

*Registered members also get access to the live chat box!
Like Tree8Likes

Bookmark and Share LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
 Old 07-26-2013, 07:51 AM   #41

Elvisrosales88 is the leader of the worldElvisrosales88 is the leader of the worldElvisrosales88 is the leader of the worldElvisrosales88 is the leader of the worldElvisrosales88 is the leader of the worldElvisrosales88 is the leader of the worldElvisrosales88 is the leader of the worldElvisrosales88 is the leader of the worldElvisrosales88 is the leader of the worldElvisrosales88 is the leader of the worldElvisrosales88 is the leader of the world
Groans: 0
Groaned at 9 Times in 2 Posts
(Thread Starter)
Not Ranked  0 score     

Originally Posted by JgamB View Post
I've never seen +10% LTFTs on one of @Lex;'s JBR specific maps, they are usually spot on - maybe it's something to do with your CAI getting turbulence? I'm grasping here, but I don't see too many people running them.

That 2nd log doesn't really look all that bad for the apparently shitty fuel and the persistent KR in the meat of your torque production, but you're certainly not making good power. You might need meth to get this sorted.
I'm going to remove that cold air extension and see if there are any changes on the ltft

Sent from my SPH-L720 using Tapatalk 2

Elvisrosales88 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Elvisrosales88 For This Useful Post:
JgamB (07-26-2013)
 Old 07-31-2013, 12:13 PM   #42

Elvisrosales88 is the leader of the worldElvisrosales88 is the leader of the worldElvisrosales88 is the leader of the worldElvisrosales88 is the leader of the worldElvisrosales88 is the leader of the worldElvisrosales88 is the leader of the worldElvisrosales88 is the leader of the worldElvisrosales88 is the leader of the worldElvisrosales88 is the leader of the worldElvisrosales88 is the leader of the worldElvisrosales88 is the leader of the world
(Thread Starter)
Not Ranked  0 score     

So I have taken off my CAI and TIP and put it back on, painstakingly ensuring that everything is nice and tight .. i also found a leak at the BPV which i fixed. I ran a series of 3rd gear logs and i seem to have corrected my LTFT, but the car still feels sluggish, not to mention the persistent KR at around 4k rmp.

numbers on VDyno are all over the place, including one which gives me 330HP/TQ (data log 4). the other two give me numbers very similar to when i dynoed (~~230hp 260TQ)

Any other suggestions as to what could be causing numbers this low?
Attached Files
File Type: csv datalog3.csv (36.8 KB, 3 views)
File Type: csv datalog4.csv (21.1 KB, 2 views)
File Type: csv datalog5 (3).csv (19.7 KB, 3 views)

Old 07-31-2013, 12:28 PM   #43

himurax13 is the leader of the worldhimurax13 is the leader of the worldhimurax13 is the leader of the worldhimurax13 is the leader of the worldhimurax13 is the leader of the worldhimurax13 is the leader of the worldhimurax13 is the leader of the worldhimurax13 is the leader of the worldhimurax13 is the leader of the worldhimurax13 is the leader of the worldhimurax13 is the leader of the world
Thanked 3,275 Times in 1,867 Posts
Groans: 255
Groaned at 28 Times in 23 Posts
Not Ranked  0 score     

Can you add Injector Duty Cycle to your logs?

How much time are you waiting between WOT runs?

The only things I can notice is that your Calculated Load and your WGDC seems to be a little low.

Pickles Tune in progress

himurax13 is offline   Reply With Quote
 Old 07-31-2013, 12:40 PM   #44

btstarcher is the leader of the worldbtstarcher is the leader of the worldbtstarcher is the leader of the worldbtstarcher is the leader of the worldbtstarcher is the leader of the worldbtstarcher is the leader of the worldbtstarcher is the leader of the worldbtstarcher is the leader of the worldbtstarcher is the leader of the worldbtstarcher is the leader of the worldbtstarcher is the leader of the world
Thanked 3,517 Times in 1,759 Posts
Groans: 112
Groaned at 38 Times in 22 Posts
Not Ranked  0 score     

Load values do look low. Any idea what the load targets are?
JBR 3.5" whale penis intake, HTP polished battery tray, PnP stock intake manifold w/VCTS delete (by Kmac), Corksport TMIC, Forge V2 BPV, JBR TIG's, Kozmic EGR delete, Cobb AP, PTP HPFP internals, stock TBE w/gutted cats, JBR RMM, SU PMM and TMM, Koni Yellow Sport struts, Swift springs, Tri Point Engineering RSB, Whiteline Anti Lift Kit, PTP Injector Seals, GenPu transmission, Fidanza flywheel, 3 BAR MAP sensor, Posifab 10.5:1 CR 88mm sexy pistons, Molnar rods, sleeved block, PTP BSD

SnailTune in progress
btstarcher is offline   Reply With Quote
 Old 07-31-2013, 12:44 PM   #45

The Nut is the leader of the worldThe Nut is the leader of the worldThe Nut is the leader of the worldThe Nut is the leader of the worldThe Nut is the leader of the worldThe Nut is the leader of the worldThe Nut is the leader of the worldThe Nut is the leader of the worldThe Nut is the leader of the worldThe Nut is the leader of the worldThe Nut is the leader of the world
Groans: 13
Groaned at 38 Times in 20 Posts
Not Ranked  0 score     

I still don't know how you can expect to be tuned correctly with a locked map (even a Strat one) if you can't even do a MAF Cal. Your LTFT in closed loop need to be +/- 2 in order to be running properly. Because every car is different, a car specific MAF Cal needs to be done. And that's just to start.
If everything is def tightened down, and you def have no leaks, I hate to say this, but you might wanna start from a reg OTS MAP, plug in values from the Strat map that you need for your specific intake, do a proper MAF Cal, then start plugging in other values from the Strat Map and fine tune from there.
Also, if the values he's giving are very aggressive, you might wanna consider a 33% E85 mixture. You'll lose more KR. Just my 2 cents, but it seems like trying to work from this locked map has caused you enough frustration already.
If you really want proper results, start fresh and get an E-tune from someone who knows what they're doing.
Go: Cobb- AP(v2)//AT- Internals//ETS- TMIC//CorkSport- True 3" Intake/Camber Plates/BPV/Boost Tubes/Recirc Tube//Denso- ITV22's//NATOR- TP//JBR- 80a Duro TMM & PMM/SSP/Counterweight/Anchors//CP-E- Stage II RMM//Tri-Point- RSB w/Monster Endlinks//GT-Spec- 4 Points Ladder Brace/Mid Chassis Brace/Front 4-Point Brace/Front & Rear Lower Tie Bar/Trunk Reinforcement Brace//Bosch- 3 Bar MAP Sensor//Technafit- SS Brake Lines//KW- v3 Coilovers//Swift- Springs (8K front/6K rear)//BC- Rear Spring Perches

Shoes: MB- Battles (Matte Gunmetal) 18X8 +43 wrapped wit Michelin PSS's 245/35/ZR18

Rice: Tint//Blacked Out Badging//CorkSport - Hoodlifts/Engine Compartment LEDs//JBR- Special Edition Cylindrical Knob
Stereo: Full Custom Mobile Audio/Video Entertainment System

91 & Corn diagnostics by:
The Nut is offline   Reply With Quote
 Old 07-31-2013, 12:58 PM   #46
Lex
Engineered Tuning

Lex is the leader of the worldLex is the leader of the worldLex is the leader of the worldLex is the leader of the worldLex is the leader of the worldLex is the leader of the worldLex is the leader of the worldLex is the leader of the worldLex is the leader of the worldLex is the leader of the worldLex is the leader of the world
Thanked 23,352 Times in 6,956 Posts
Groaned at 44 Times in 38 Posts
Not Ranked  0 score     

This is a 3rd gear log so you will see less power in 3rd than in 4th.

Are you rolling into the throttle or punching it? If you aren't punching it, punch it since it will give you a more aggressive boost response.

The KR you are seeing at 5k RPM shows that you won't have much room for power without better fuel

Finally, with some VD logs showing 330 and others 230, the logs are not consistent enough to be trusted for power results.

Take a look here:
How To: Setup and use Virtual Dyno

Originally Posted by The Nut View Post
I still don't know how you can expect to be tuned correctly with a locked map (even a Strat one) if you can't even do a MAF Cal. Your LTFT in closed loop need to be +/- 2 in order to be running properly.
This statement is not correct. LTFTs will fluctuate more than +/-2 simply based on weather, fuel used, the A/C being on.

LTFTs are designed to self calibrate and that means they will change by design. This does not make the car run poorly or any worse. It's just the ECU self calibrating.

The gen2 adjusts fueling even under WOT up to ~+/-12%

I start to consider adjusting the MAF calibration when LTFTs off idle are at +/-10 or larger and/or WOT AFRs deviate from targets by more than ~0.3 or so to even move above the noise floor.

Don't chase your tail trying to 0 LTFTs thinking it makes the car run at its best because it's not the case.

Large (+/-10%) changes in LTFTs that happen suddenly can be used to diagnose leaks if the fuel is kept consistent and that is how they can best be used as a diagnostic tool.
sick_speed likes this.

We Engineer, and that's better than just tuning!

www.stratifiedauto.com
COBB AP and VersaTuner Custom Tuning. Guardian Angel Protection and Boost Control.

Last edited by Lex; 07-31-2013 at 01:02 PM. Reason: MSF Database - Automerged Doublepost
Lex is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Lex For This Useful Post:
btstarcher (07-31-2013), himurax13 (07-31-2013), Hush (07-31-2013), jseams (07-31-2013), ms3rick (07-31-2013), The Nut (07-31-2013)
 Old 07-31-2013, 01:10 PM   #47

The Nut is the leader of the worldThe Nut is the leader of the worldThe Nut is the leader of the worldThe Nut is the leader of the worldThe Nut is the leader of the worldThe Nut is the leader of the worldThe Nut is the leader of the worldThe Nut is the leader of the worldThe Nut is the leader of the worldThe Nut is the leader of the worldThe Nut is the leader of the world
Groaned at 38 Times in 20 Posts
Not Ranked  0 score     

Thanks for the education @Lex;. I love to learn a little more every day. Esp when I learned bad info from one joker, and got the correct info from someone who actually knows what they're talking about.
sick_speed likes this.
Go: Cobb- AP(v2)//AT- Internals//ETS- TMIC//CorkSport- True 3" Intake/Camber Plates/BPV/Boost Tubes/Recirc Tube//Denso- ITV22's//NATOR- TP//JBR- 80a Duro TMM & PMM/SSP/Counterweight/Anchors//CP-E- Stage II RMM//Tri-Point- RSB w/Monster Endlinks//GT-Spec- 4 Points Ladder Brace/Mid Chassis Brace/Front 4-Point Brace/Front & Rear Lower Tie Bar/Trunk Reinforcement Brace//Bosch- 3 Bar MAP Sensor//Technafit- SS Brake Lines//KW- v3 Coilovers//Swift- Springs (8K front/6K rear)//BC- Rear Spring Perches

Shoes: MB- Battles (Matte Gunmetal) 18X8 +43 wrapped wit Michelin PSS's 245/35/ZR18

Rice: Tint//Blacked Out Badging//CorkSport - Hoodlifts/Engine Compartment LEDs//JBR- Special Edition Cylindrical Knob
Stereo: Full Custom Mobile Audio/Video Entertainment System

91 & Corn diagnostics by:
The Nut is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to The Nut For This Useful Post:
Lex (07-31-2013), rfinkle2 (07-31-2013)
 Old 07-31-2013, 05:04 PM   #48

(Thread Starter)
Not Ranked  0 score     

Originally Posted by btstarcher View Post
Load values do look low. Any idea what the load targets are?
Im not sure what the load targets are on this map. Maybe @Lex; can shed some light on this.

I suppose that the frustration is coming from getting such low numbers (whether it'd be on a Dynojet or vDyno). I understand that i have to get e-tuned to really get more out of my car and that all cars are different, but the fact that "baseline" seems low (even lower than some stock MS3s) makes me believe that there is something wrong with it. I'm pulling out my hair trying to trouble shoot it.

As a side note, i have noticed that its burning through gas at a much quicker rate than it used to. My guess is that these two are issues are related. WTH can it be? any other ideas?

Old 07-31-2013, 05:11 PM   #49

(Thread Starter)
Not Ranked  0 score     

Originally Posted by Lex View Post
Are you rolling into the throttle or punching it? If you aren't punching it, punch it since it will give you a more aggressive boost response.

The KR you are seeing at 5k RPM shows that you won't have much room for power without better fuel
I'm punching it!!

Old 07-31-2013, 06:54 PM   #50

himurax13 is the leader of the worldhimurax13 is the leader of the worldhimurax13 is the leader of the worldhimurax13 is the leader of the worldhimurax13 is the leader of the worldhimurax13 is the leader of the worldhimurax13 is the leader of the worldhimurax13 is the leader of the worldhimurax13 is the leader of the worldhimurax13 is the leader of the worldhimurax13 is the leader of the world
Thanked 3,275 Times in 1,867 Posts
Groans: 255
Groaned at 28 Times in 23 Posts
Not Ranked  0 score     

Maybe the vacuum line going from the stock boost control to the wastegate solenoid needs to be replaced. Ot seems like the wastegate isn't really closing while WOT.

Sent via blown passenger side speakers.

Pickles Tune in progress

himurax13 is offline   Reply With Quote
 Old 04-13-2018, 02:53 AM   #51

Speed3kid93 will become famous soon enoughSpeed3kid93 will become famous soon enough
Groaned at 16 Times in 5 Posts
Not Ranked  0 score     

your turbo is shot,

After looking at your data log your turbo is only holding about 15 psi in the high RPMS.

A healthy turbo will be holding 17-18.5 psi at redline.

Tuned by Nishan made a really good video on youtube called " why some speed 3s make less power than others"

he had 2 examples, 2 speed 3s with very similar miles and the same exact mods tuned on the same dyno.

One was tuned on 93 and the other was tuned on e85 and the car tuned on 93 made almost 40 more horsepower than the e85 car. This is because the e85 car was only holding 15 psi and the pump gas car was holding 18.5 psi at redline.
5doorsoffury (04-13-2018), Amnesiac (04-13-2018), Hoyoman (04-13-2018), JSmith (04-13-2018), Thor Hammer (04-13-2018)
 Old 04-13-2018, 06:36 AM   #52

kTaLgsTo is the leader of the worldkTaLgsTo is the leader of the worldkTaLgsTo is the leader of the worldkTaLgsTo is the leader of the worldkTaLgsTo is the leader of the worldkTaLgsTo is the leader of the worldkTaLgsTo is the leader of the worldkTaLgsTo is the leader of the worldkTaLgsTo is the leader of the worldkTaLgsTo is the leader of the worldkTaLgsTo is the leader of the world
Groans: 11
Groaned at 1 Time in 1 Post
Not Ranked  0 score     

It sounds like your eyes are shot.

A healthy set of eyes would have seen this post is from 2013.

The eye doctor has a really good chart/example to show you if your eyes are shot called "snellen chart"

He has several examples of letters you read back to him to see if your eyes are shit, or similar to that of a bat.

Get the fuck out of this old ass thread and invest in a snellen chart.
The Following User Says Thank You to kTaLgsTo For This Useful Post:
Pu Manchu (04-13-2018)
 Old 04-13-2018, 09:08 AM   #53

Speed3kid93 will become famous soon enoughSpeed3kid93 will become famous soon enough
Not Ranked  0 score     

The fuck Is ur problem bro I was just trying to help the guy
Db09ms3 (04-13-2018), Hoyoman (04-13-2018), JSmith (04-13-2018), sharksinspace (04-15-2018), Thor Hammer (04-13-2018)
 Old 04-13-2018, 09:16 AM   #54

kTaLgsTo is the leader of the worldkTaLgsTo is the leader of the worldkTaLgsTo is the leader of the worldkTaLgsTo is the leader of the worldkTaLgsTo is the leader of the worldkTaLgsTo is the leader of the worldkTaLgsTo is the leader of the worldkTaLgsTo is the leader of the worldkTaLgsTo is the leader of the worldkTaLgsTo is the leader of the worldkTaLgsTo is the leader of the world
Groans: 11
Groaned at 1 Time in 1 Post
Not Ranked  0 score     

My problem 'bro', is you don't give advice to someone five years later. It's called being asinine...
 Old 04-13-2018, 11:01 AM   #55

5doorsoffury is the leader of the world5doorsoffury is the leader of the world5doorsoffury is the leader of the world5doorsoffury is the leader of the world5doorsoffury is the leader of the world5doorsoffury is the leader of the world5doorsoffury is the leader of the world5doorsoffury is the leader of the world5doorsoffury is the leader of the world5doorsoffury is the leader of the world5doorsoffury is the leader of the world
Groans: 72
Groaned at 7 Times in 6 Posts
Not Ranked  0 score     

Originally Posted by Speed3kid93 View Post
The fuck Is ur problem bro I was just trying to help the guy
I think if he is still haveing problems after 5 years i doubt you are going to help out but hey who am i to say anything that post was pure gold. If only you were here 5 years ago you could of solved the OP's issue with 1 post!!!!
PTE 5858 Vband .82ar // Tial EWG // CPE Mani // 3" Turboback // JBR Under route hot pipe // MD ST mani+spacer with PI // Siemens 60lb Injectors // Splitsecond inj controller // JBR 88 duro RMM/TMM // MD PMM // TWM Full replacement shifter // JBR CC // Autotech FP Internals // SP63 SB/Manley rods SP63 pro pistons // Treadstone FMIC TR824 // FoMoCo Tranny Jizz // South Bend Clutch Stage 3 enduro// GFB Respons // FJ 4" intake // WMI 100% VPM1 // Air Lift 1000 in rear // N2MB WOT BOX
Rfinkle tune in progress

The Brooklyn beater: 2005 1.8 Auto Sentra

5doorsoffury is offline   Reply With Quote
 Old 04-13-2018, 02:56 PM   #56

Thor Hammer is the leader of the worldThor Hammer is the leader of the worldThor Hammer is the leader of the worldThor Hammer is the leader of the worldThor Hammer is the leader of the worldThor Hammer is the leader of the worldThor Hammer is the leader of the worldThor Hammer is the leader of the worldThor Hammer is the leader of the worldThor Hammer is the leader of the worldThor Hammer is the leader of the world
Groans: 143
Groaned at 2 Times in 2 Posts
Not Ranked  0 score     

Originally Posted by Speed3kid93 View Post
your turbo is shot,

After looking at your data log your turbo is only holding about 15 psi in the high RPMS.

A healthy turbo will be holding 17-18.5 psi at redline.

Tuned by Nishan made a really good video on youtube called " why some speed 3s make less power than others"

he had 2 examples, 2 speed 3s with very similar miles and the same exact mods tuned on the same dyno.

One was tuned on 93 and the other was tuned on e85 and the car tuned on 93 made almost 40 more horsepower than the e85 car. This is because the e85 car was only holding 15 psi and the pump gas car was holding 18.5 psi at redline.
Da fuck?
2007 MS6- H&R Coilovers/ C-PE Catted DP/Corksport HPFP Internals/ AEM CAI/ ETS TMIC/ CPE Austenite Dual CBE/ CPE TIH/ Synapse Synchronic/ Freektuned/ AP Short Shifter/ AWR RMM and OEM TMM with CS Inserts/ Southbend Stage 2 Endurance/Stop Tech Slotted Rear and DBA T3 4000 Series Front with EBC Reds/CPE xFlex Rear Diff Mount/ Whiteline Rear Sway Bar/DSS Level 2.9 Rear Axles

Waiting for Install: BNR S3/HTP 3.5 Intake/Damond OCC/ CS Injector Seals/ WMI/MAPerformance Rev3 Intake Manifold
Thor Hammer is offline   Reply With Quote
 Old 04-13-2018, 09:12 PM   #57

Not Ranked  0 score     

I’m sorry I didn’t notice how old the post was.