register gallery

Go Back   Mazdaspeed Forums >
MAZDASPEED SECTION
>
Mazdaspeed 3 MZR Gen2 Forums (2010-2013)
> 2010 MS3 - Wheels & Tires

Welcome to Mazdaspeed Forums .

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

*When you join MSF as a registered user, there will be No Ads.

*Registered Members get access to the Off Topic Area of the Forum

*Registered Members have an opportunity to upgrade their accounts to VIP, which brings a host of goddies for supporting MSF such as Raffles, Additional Forum Access, More PM Storage, The ability to upload more Images and many other enhancements.

*Registered members also get access to the live chat box!
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By Smelson

Bookmark and Share LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
 Old 08-21-2014, 07:35 AM   #1

StevenW is the leader of the worldStevenW is the leader of the worldStevenW is the leader of the worldStevenW is the leader of the worldStevenW is the leader of the worldStevenW is the leader of the worldStevenW is the leader of the worldStevenW is the leader of the worldStevenW is the leader of the worldStevenW is the leader of the worldStevenW is the leader of the world
Groans: 6
Groaned at 8 Times in 7 Posts
(Thread Starter)
Not Ranked  0 score     
Default 17x9 +35

Anyone else running these specs on your pu? I need some tires and found a steal for wheels and tires but they're in 17x9+35. From what I can gather, the wheel will be 1mm closer to the strut, and 36mm further out towards the fender and will probably rub if I run a 235 tire.

I'm trying to figure out my options, so has anyone else run this same wheel spec and tire size? What did it take to get them to fit and not constantly rub?
StevenW is offline   Reply With Quote
 Old 08-21-2014, 08:03 AM   #2

Smelson is the leader of the worldSmelson is the leader of the worldSmelson is the leader of the worldSmelson is the leader of the worldSmelson is the leader of the worldSmelson is the leader of the worldSmelson is the leader of the worldSmelson is the leader of the worldSmelson is the leader of the worldSmelson is the leader of the worldSmelson is the leader of the world
Thanked 2,302 Times in 1,056 Posts
Groans: 10
Groaned at 14 Times in 12 Posts
Not Ranked  0 score     

My new wheels are coming in today same spec and I'll be trying it with a 235. Hope someone can chime in, I know at the very least I have to roll my fenders. There is also a thread for aggressive fitment, people run a lot crazier set ups than this.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Tapatalk
Smelson is offline   Reply With Quote
 Old 08-21-2014, 08:16 AM   #3

Code Monkey is the leader of the worldCode Monkey is the leader of the worldCode Monkey is the leader of the worldCode Monkey is the leader of the worldCode Monkey is the leader of the worldCode Monkey is the leader of the worldCode Monkey is the leader of the worldCode Monkey is the leader of the worldCode Monkey is the leader of the worldCode Monkey is the leader of the worldCode Monkey is the leader of the world
Thanked 9,772 Times in 3,849 Posts
Groans: 17
Groaned at 32 Times in 22 Posts
Not Ranked  0 score     

Will probably rub a bit in the rear, nothing a roll and/or slight pull can't fix.

2017 Subaru BRZ
MCS TT1 coilovers|Brembo BBK|6UL 17x9|Trofeo R|ACE 350|flex fuel|Delicious tuned
Code Monkey is offline   Reply With Quote
 Old 08-21-2014, 08:31 AM   #4

StevenW is the leader of the worldStevenW is the leader of the worldStevenW is the leader of the worldStevenW is the leader of the worldStevenW is the leader of the worldStevenW is the leader of the worldStevenW is the leader of the worldStevenW is the leader of the worldStevenW is the leader of the worldStevenW is the leader of the worldStevenW is the leader of the world
(Thread Starter)
Not Ranked  0 score     

Thanks guys, @Smelson; please let me know how they work out! I'd hate these wheels to get away.

Also I'm a bit weary of rolling fenders. In reality I'm sure it's fine and what not, but I've seen so many poorly done fenders. Is this something you'd recommend as a DIY thing? Or best to just spend the money and take it somewhere?
 Old 08-21-2014, 08:38 AM   #5

Smelson is the leader of the worldSmelson is the leader of the worldSmelson is the leader of the worldSmelson is the leader of the worldSmelson is the leader of the worldSmelson is the leader of the worldSmelson is the leader of the worldSmelson is the leader of the worldSmelson is the leader of the worldSmelson is the leader of the worldSmelson is the leader of the world
Not Ranked  0 score     

Originally Posted by StevenW View Post
Thanks guys, @Smelson; please let me know how they work out! I'd hate these wheels to get away.

Also I'm a bit weary of rolling fenders. In reality I'm sure it's fine and what not, but I've seen so many poorly done fenders. Is this something you'd recommend as a DIY thing? Or best to just spend the money and take it somewhere?
It's not something I will be doing myself. I will pay a professional. Do you have suspension work done, lowered at all?

Old 08-21-2014, 08:49 AM   #6

(Thread Starter)
Not Ranked  0 score     

Originally Posted by Smelson View Post
It's not something I will be doing myself. I will pay a professional. Do you have suspension work done, lowered at all?

Should have mentioned, Lowered on GC and Koni yellows.
 Old 08-21-2014, 08:52 AM   #7

Not Ranked  0 score     

Should have mentioned, Lowered on GC and Koni yellows.
I'm on swift with Koni's, I'll see if I can test fit a wheel tonight.

The Following User Says Thank You to Smelson For This Useful Post:
StevenW (08-21-2014)
 Old 08-21-2014, 09:22 AM   #8

(Thread Starter)
Not Ranked  0 score     

Originally Posted by Smelson View Post
I'm on swift with Koni's, I'll see if I can test fit a wheel tonight.

Sweet, thanks I appreciate it!

Edit: He came down even more on his price. I'm picking them up ASAP so hopefully they fit...if not I'll sell them here lol

Last edited by StevenW; 08-21-2014 at 09:41 AM.
 Old 08-21-2014, 02:31 PM   #9

Not Ranked  0 score     

Sweet, thanks I appreciate it!

Edit: He came down even more on his price. I'm picking them up ASAP so hopefully they fit...if not I'll sell them here lol
Yea...UPS sucks, no wheels today. Out of curiosity what wheels are you picking up?

Old 08-21-2014, 09:16 PM   #10

clintosaraus is a jewel in the roughclintosaraus is a jewel in the roughclintosaraus is a jewel in the roughclintosaraus is a jewel in the rough
Groans: 0
Groaned at 0 Times in 0 Posts
Not Ranked  0 score     

On those specs a 235 should be fine, I have a set of 17x9.75 +25 with 255s even though I'm on stock suspension I don't rub, even over killer dips or auto crossing
JBR RSB
17x9.75 +25 XXr 530 wrapped in 255/40 dunlop direzza z2 for autox
clintosaraus is offline   Reply With Quote
 Old 08-21-2014, 10:37 PM   #11

(Thread Starter)
Not Ranked  0 score     

@clintosaraus; Thanks for the info. I test fitted the front and they look like they should be fine, should be perfect once I get some camber plates.
@Smelson; I got some Rota Titan's with nankang ns 20. Never heard of the tire and rotas are rotas, but I got them both in brand new albeit dirty condition for an absolute steal. They're going to be my track wheels haha
The Following User Says Thank You to StevenW For This Useful Post:
Smelson (08-22-2014)
 Old 08-22-2014, 11:39 AM   #12

Yousuf is the leader of the worldYousuf is the leader of the worldYousuf is the leader of the worldYousuf is the leader of the worldYousuf is the leader of the worldYousuf is the leader of the worldYousuf is the leader of the worldYousuf is the leader of the worldYousuf is the leader of the worldYousuf is the leader of the worldYousuf is the leader of the world
Groans: 128
Groaned at 5 Times in 4 Posts
Not Ranked  0 score     

@aznvng; has 18x9+35 with 235 tires, shaved rear fenders

Mod-bug's back...
Yousuf is offline   Reply With Quote
 Old 08-22-2014, 07:34 PM   #13

Not Ranked  0 score     

Wheels came in, I've decided to go with a 225/45/17. I have a set of FD wheels when I want to go play so I'm not too worried about a little stretch.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 20140822_161942.jpg (3.90 MB, 43 views)
File Type: jpg 20140822_163501.jpg (4.81 MB, 38 views)
File Type: jpg 20140822_163518.jpg (5.18 MB, 43 views)
File Type: jpg 20140822_163541.jpg (3.31 MB, 39 views)
BLKSTIG likes this.
 Old 09-03-2014, 12:46 PM   #14

Not Ranked  0 score     

For the record, 17x9 +35 with 225/45/17 lowered with swift springs does not rub.

The Following User Says Thank You to Smelson For This Useful Post:
StevenW (09-03-2014)
 Old 09-03-2014, 04:22 PM   #15

(Thread Starter)
Not Ranked  0 score     

I got my 17x9 + 35 with 235's to fit and no rub. If you were lower than max on GC set up then you might.. I'll probably roll and try to fit a 255 tire.
 Old 09-03-2014, 05:10 PM   #16

Deldran is the leader of the worldDeldran is the leader of the worldDeldran is the leader of the worldDeldran is the leader of the worldDeldran is the leader of the worldDeldran is the leader of the worldDeldran is the leader of the worldDeldran is the leader of the worldDeldran is the leader of the worldDeldran is the leader of the worldDeldran is the leader of the world
Thanked 3,293 Times in 1,323 Posts
Groans: 118
Groaned at 44 Times in 34 Posts
Not Ranked  0 score     

Why such a stretch. A 245 would be perfect 225 to narrow

Sent from my gs5

Deldran is offline   Reply With Quote
 Old 09-04-2014, 05:40 AM   #17

Not Ranked  0 score     

Originally Posted by Deldran View Post
Why such a stretch. A 245 would be perfect 225 to narrow

Sent from my gs5
I agree, I was worried about rubbing. I will be swapping to my 235's as soon as I get my rear fenders rolled.