register gallery

Go Back   Mazdaspeed Forums >
MAZDASPEED SECTION
>
Mazdaspeed 3 MZR Gen2 Forums (2010-2013)
> 2010 MS3 - Wheels & Tires

Welcome to Mazdaspeed Forums .

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

*When you join MSF as a registered user, there will be No Ads.

*Registered Members get access to the Off Topic Area of the Forum

*Registered Members have an opportunity to upgrade their accounts to VIP, which brings a host of goddies for supporting MSF such as Raffles, Additional Forum Access, More PM Storage, The ability to upload more Images and many other enhancements.

*Registered members also get access to the live chat box!

Bookmark and Share LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
 Old 08-20-2011, 06:49 PM   #1

SLOWHATCH is the leader of the worldSLOWHATCH is the leader of the worldSLOWHATCH is the leader of the worldSLOWHATCH is the leader of the worldSLOWHATCH is the leader of the worldSLOWHATCH is the leader of the worldSLOWHATCH is the leader of the worldSLOWHATCH is the leader of the worldSLOWHATCH is the leader of the worldSLOWHATCH is the leader of the worldSLOWHATCH is the leader of the world
Thanked 1,838 Times in 1,013 Posts
Groans: 274
Groaned at 103 Times in 23 Posts
(Thread Starter)
Not Ranked  0 score     
Default 18x8 30mm offset

Today I came across a used set of Infinity G35 wheels with tires for a good price. I have always liked these wheels. Could not find a thread with rims and tires of this size to see if they would fit properly or not.

The end result is that they fit. I wasn't crazy about the fitment, but they definitely work without any rubbing issues so far. I only mounted the front left to verify they would work. They seem to stick out a bit more than I thought they would so they are not on the car right now.

My gf says they look good and maybe I can get used to the look, but not sure yet. May just sell them and keep my stockers.

Opinions please.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg alex wheels 1.jpg (74.9 KB, 202 views)
File Type: jpg alex wheels 3.jpg (3.0 KB, 673 views)
File Type: jpg alex wheels 5.jpg (57.3 KB, 264 views)

Last edited by SLOWHATCH; 09-06-2011 at 05:44 PM.
SLOWHATCH is offline   Reply With Quote
 Old 08-20-2011, 07:28 PM   #2

TRex is the leader of the worldTRex is the leader of the worldTRex is the leader of the worldTRex is the leader of the worldTRex is the leader of the worldTRex is the leader of the worldTRex is the leader of the worldTRex is the leader of the worldTRex is the leader of the worldTRex is the leader of the worldTRex is the leader of the world
Thanked 3,629 Times in 1,381 Posts
Groans: 20
Groaned at 106 Times in 69 Posts
Not Ranked  0 score     

look pretty lame......

but the 30 offset should be fine as long as you dont lower.....

imo if you want 8 inch wide i would go with rx8's even though everyone has them

but there is a reason that everyone has them
TRex is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to TRex For This Useful Post:
Darksun280 (08-21-2011), PunjabiPlaya (08-21-2011), SLOWHATCH (08-20-2011)
 Old 08-20-2011, 07:32 PM   #3

kmac is the leader of the worldkmac is the leader of the worldkmac is the leader of the worldkmac is the leader of the worldkmac is the leader of the worldkmac is the leader of the worldkmac is the leader of the worldkmac is the leader of the worldkmac is the leader of the worldkmac is the leader of the worldkmac is the leader of the world
Thanked 4,255 Times in 1,244 Posts
Groans: 8
Groaned at 13 Times in 12 Posts
Not Ranked  0 score     

I have a 32 mm offset and I wouldn't recommend anything less of an offset.
kmac is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to kmac For This Useful Post:
SLOWHATCH (08-20-2011)
 Old 08-20-2011, 07:35 PM   #4
Ur moms boyfriend

forcedinduktion is the leader of the worldforcedinduktion is the leader of the worldforcedinduktion is the leader of the worldforcedinduktion is the leader of the worldforcedinduktion is the leader of the worldforcedinduktion is the leader of the worldforcedinduktion is the leader of the worldforcedinduktion is the leader of the worldforcedinduktion is the leader of the worldforcedinduktion is the leader of the worldforcedinduktion is the leader of the world
Thanked 2,265 Times in 763 Posts
Groans: 70
Groaned at 99 Times in 70 Posts
Not Ranked  0 score     

no offense but not to crazy about the wheel style but fitment looks pretty good
forcedinduktion is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to forcedinduktion For This Useful Post:
SLOWHATCH (08-20-2011)
 Old 08-20-2011, 07:43 PM   #5

SLOWHATCH is the leader of the worldSLOWHATCH is the leader of the worldSLOWHATCH is the leader of the worldSLOWHATCH is the leader of the worldSLOWHATCH is the leader of the worldSLOWHATCH is the leader of the worldSLOWHATCH is the leader of the worldSLOWHATCH is the leader of the worldSLOWHATCH is the leader of the worldSLOWHATCH is the leader of the worldSLOWHATCH is the leader of the world
(Thread Starter)
Not Ranked  0 score     

Originally Posted by TRex View Post
look pretty lame......

but the 30 offset should be fine as long as you dont lower.....

imo if you want 8 inch wide i would go with rx8's even though everyone has them

but there is a reason that everyone has them
I'd rather have these over the RX8's.
RX8's are REALLY lame. Don't like them at all. I 'd rather stay with my stockers.

I was dissapointed in the way it turned out. The tire sticking out so far was not what I was going for at all. Due to the lack of info I had to find out first hand. But thats what you get with a 30mm offset.

What I don't get is how guys are running 8.5 wide wheels with 35mm offset and they look flush? I'm lost on that one.
 Old 08-20-2011, 07:48 PM   #6

rghispanic88 is the leader of the worldrghispanic88 is the leader of the worldrghispanic88 is the leader of the worldrghispanic88 is the leader of the worldrghispanic88 is the leader of the worldrghispanic88 is the leader of the worldrghispanic88 is the leader of the worldrghispanic88 is the leader of the worldrghispanic88 is the leader of the worldrghispanic88 is the leader of the worldrghispanic88 is the leader of the world
Thanked 4,162 Times in 1,330 Posts
Groans: 263
Groaned at 73 Times in 43 Posts
Not Ranked  0 score     

i think the look good. not the best though. i like how much they stick out.

2004 EVO 8 Green Monster The "7up"
rghispanic88 is offline   Reply With Quote
 Old 08-20-2011, 08:04 PM   #7

(Thread Starter)
Not Ranked  0 score     

maybe i'll clean them up tomorrow and put all 4 on and see how it looks. i'll post more pics afterwards.
 Old 08-20-2011, 08:06 PM   #8

BlueDmnSpeed is the leader of the worldBlueDmnSpeed is the leader of the worldBlueDmnSpeed is the leader of the worldBlueDmnSpeed is the leader of the worldBlueDmnSpeed is the leader of the worldBlueDmnSpeed is the leader of the worldBlueDmnSpeed is the leader of the worldBlueDmnSpeed is the leader of the worldBlueDmnSpeed is the leader of the worldBlueDmnSpeed is the leader of the worldBlueDmnSpeed is the leader of the world
Groans: 15
Groaned at 32 Times in 11 Posts
Not Ranked  0 score     

roll and pull your fenders and it'll look better
Ultimate Racing DP V2 flange\35W 6000k DDM HID's\HKS SSQV3 VTA\GTX2867R\Tanabe STB\HTP 3.5" intake\PTP HPFP\UR FMIC\Ultimate Racing turbo-back exhaust\JBR RSB\JBR 80Duro Trilogy mounts\Cobb AP v3\Stage 2\22.5PSI \Sonic Tuning Coilovers\TWM full replacement shifter and SSP\PnP Intake Manifold/CP-e EWG Exhaust Manifold/Tial 44mm EWG

11/10/2012 NATOR DC DYNO day 304Whp/356 FT lbs Tqe Uncorrected
4/13/2013 Mega NATOR Meat Dyno Day 300WHP/ 344ft lbs/wtqe Corrected
BlueDmnSpeed is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to BlueDmnSpeed For This Useful Post:
SLOWHATCH (08-20-2011)
 Old 08-20-2011, 08:08 PM   #9

(Thread Starter)
Not Ranked  0 score     

Originally Posted by BlueDmnSpeed View Post
roll and pull your fenders and it'll look better
You should come help me. How do you pull fenders? Just tug on them? LOL. Guessing rolling the fenders won't help much with the way they look and I doubt I will have any rubbing issues on stock suspension.
 Old 08-20-2011, 08:27 PM   #10

BlueDmnSpeed is the leader of the worldBlueDmnSpeed is the leader of the worldBlueDmnSpeed is the leader of the worldBlueDmnSpeed is the leader of the worldBlueDmnSpeed is the leader of the worldBlueDmnSpeed is the leader of the worldBlueDmnSpeed is the leader of the worldBlueDmnSpeed is the leader of the worldBlueDmnSpeed is the leader of the worldBlueDmnSpeed is the leader of the worldBlueDmnSpeed is the leader of the world
Groans: 15
Groaned at 32 Times in 11 Posts
Not Ranked  0 score     

fuck i don't know how nor would i do it myself. go to a body shop and have them do it. make sure you do research on them before hand though and look at the fenders after they are done. as some shops will do a shit job and crack the paint when doing it. which you don't want. frmo the research that i did it looks like it'll cost around 100 to 175 total.
Ultimate Racing DP V2 flange\35W 6000k DDM HID's\HKS SSQV3 VTA\GTX2867R\Tanabe STB\HTP 3.5" intake\PTP HPFP\UR FMIC\Ultimate Racing turbo-back exhaust\JBR RSB\JBR 80Duro Trilogy mounts\Cobb AP v3\Stage 2\22.5PSI \Sonic Tuning Coilovers\TWM full replacement shifter and SSP\PnP Intake Manifold/CP-e EWG Exhaust Manifold/Tial 44mm EWG

11/10/2012 NATOR DC DYNO day 304Whp/356 FT lbs Tqe Uncorrected
4/13/2013 Mega NATOR Meat Dyno Day 300WHP/ 344ft lbs/wtqe Corrected
BlueDmnSpeed is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to BlueDmnSpeed For This Useful Post:
SLOWHATCH (08-20-2011)
 Old 08-20-2011, 08:37 PM   #11

Wolfgang5884 has a reputation beyond reputeWolfgang5884 has a reputation beyond reputeWolfgang5884 has a reputation beyond reputeWolfgang5884 has a reputation beyond reputeWolfgang5884 has a reputation beyond reputeWolfgang5884 has a reputation beyond reputeWolfgang5884 has a reputation beyond reputeWolfgang5884 has a reputation beyond reputeWolfgang5884 has a reputation beyond reputeWolfgang5884 has a reputation beyond reputeWolfgang5884 has a reputation beyond repute
Groans: 5
Groaned at 0 Times in 0 Posts
Not Ranked  0 score     

If you end up liking the new wheels, I may be interested in buying your stock wheels
Wolfgang5884 is offline   Reply With Quote
 Old 08-20-2011, 08:47 PM   #12

(Thread Starter)
Not Ranked  0 score     

Originally Posted by Wolfgang5884 View Post
If you end up liking the new wheels, I may be interested in buying your stock wheels
I'll let you know.
 Old 08-21-2011, 09:58 AM   #13

raphspeed3 will become famous soon enough
Groans: 0
Groaned at 1 Time in 1 Post
Not Ranked  0 score     

personnaly I prefer the stock wheels, too much offset for me!
SLOWHATCH (08-21-2011)
 Old 08-21-2011, 11:29 AM   #14
Banned

Rich-PMS is the leader of the worldRich-PMS is the leader of the worldRich-PMS is the leader of the worldRich-PMS is the leader of the worldRich-PMS is the leader of the worldRich-PMS is the leader of the worldRich-PMS is the leader of the worldRich-PMS is the leader of the worldRich-PMS is the leader of the worldRich-PMS is the leader of the worldRich-PMS is the leader of the world
Groans: 68
Groaned at 62 Times in 28 Posts
Not Ranked  0 score     

those aren't g35 wheels....well atleast i've never seen them on any g35's

you can also get smaller tires, a drop, and slight camber to help them not stick out so much
Rich-PMS is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Rich-PMS For This Useful Post:
SLOWHATCH (10-13-2011)
 Old 08-21-2011, 11:50 AM   #15

(Thread Starter)
Not Ranked  0 score     

Yeah, I am startig to realize that now as well. I have been searching on google for these wheels and cannot find them anywhere. I know they came off a G35 but are NOT oem wheels from what I can find.

The guys that I bought them from thought they were, because that's what was on the car when he bought it. I thought I recall seeing some similar oem wheels but they are 19's. I'm gonna keep looking. I know they are Zenetti Design wheels and seem to be pricey, at least that brand is. Just can't find these exact ones.

Just want to get some more info on them so I can get them sold. They are lighter than my stockers, but I'll get the exact weight later on today.
 Old 08-21-2011, 12:09 PM   #16
das macht kein sinn

mizboo102 is the leader of the worldmizboo102 is the leader of the worldmizboo102 is the leader of the worldmizboo102 is the leader of the worldmizboo102 is the leader of the worldmizboo102 is the leader of the worldmizboo102 is the leader of the worldmizboo102 is the leader of the worldmizboo102 is the leader of the worldmizboo102 is the leader of the worldmizboo102 is the leader of the world
Thanked 5,506 Times in 583 Posts
Groaned at 5 Times in 5 Posts
Not Ranked  0 score     

Originally Posted by Wolfgang5884 View Post
Donate for the for sale section

Rolling fenders isn't hard to do, especially not in the summer time. Are you sure they are 18x8 +30 if they aren't the wheels you thought they were?

Personally, I think they stick out too far as is. If you ever lower the car you'll have major problems. If you do decide to keep them I think Rich-PMS has good advice - smaller tires and negative camber.

What size tires did it come with?

"Making your mark on the world is hard. If it were easy, everybody would do it. But it's not. It takes patience, it takes commitment, and it comes with plenty of failure along the way. The real test is not whether you avoid this failure, because you won't, it's whether you let it harden or shame you into inaction, or whether you learn from it; whether you choose to persevere."
mizboo102 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to mizboo102 For This Useful Post:
SLOWHATCH (08-21-2011)
 Old 08-21-2011, 01:02 PM   #17

(Thread Starter)
Not Ranked  0 score     

Originally Posted by mizboo102 View Post
Donate for the for sale section

Rolling fenders isn't hard to do, especially not in the summer time. Are you sure they are 18x8 +30 if they aren't the wheels you thought they were?

Personally, I think they stick out too far as is. If you ever lower the car you'll have major problems. If you do decide to keep them I think Rich-PMS has good advice - smaller tires and negative camber.

What size tires did it come with?
Yeah, I checked the back of the spokes and says 18x8 and 30mm offset. I know that much for sure. They are 245/40's. Personally I like the wheels, I just don't like how far they poke out.
They fit without rubbing, barely but no contact anywhere in the fenderwell, which is good. I agree may fit better with smaller tire. Just not likely I will make the investment. I'd rather sell or trade for some better fitting wheels.
 Old 08-21-2011, 03:13 PM   #18

(Thread Starter)
Not Ranked  0 score     
Default 18x8.5

So apparently I fail at reading. Also fail for listening to someone who apparently knows less than me. Went out to clean up the wheels so I can post them fs and it turns out they are 8.5 wide. Not 8. Explains why they poke out so much. Or more than I thought they would.
 Old 08-21-2011, 03:18 PM   #19

rfinkle2 is the leader of the worldrfinkle2 is the leader of the worldrfinkle2 is the leader of the worldrfinkle2 is the leader of the worldrfinkle2 is the leader of the worldrfinkle2 is the leader of the worldrfinkle2 is the leader of the worldrfinkle2 is the leader of the worldrfinkle2 is the leader of the worldrfinkle2 is the leader of the worldrfinkle2 is the leader of the world
Thanked 33,219 Times in 10,050 Posts
Groans: 298
Groaned at 292 Times in 196 Posts
Not Ranked  0 score     

If you eventually sell them (hopefully for a profit), 18x8.5 with a 45 offset is exactly flush with the fender.
rfinkle2 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to rfinkle2 For This Useful Post:
SLOWHATCH (08-21-2011)
 Old 10-09-2011, 09:35 PM   #20

DNick454 has a spectacular aura aboutDNick454 has a spectacular aura aboutDNick454 has a spectacular aura about
Groaned at 0 Times in 0 Posts
Not Ranked  0 score     

Yeah, that pretty much sums it up. 225/40 is the stock tire size so if you wanted a 245, then you'd need 245/35 to keep the same rolling diameter. A 245 tire is pretty big to begin with, almost an inch wider than the stock rubber (25mm = 1in btw) not to mention 23mm lower offset than stock too. So more or less, the outer edge of the tire with that setup is protruding 33mm which is just shy of an inch and a half.

The fact that you've got a 245/40 on an 8.5 is making the sidewall bulge a bit which isn't helping your case either. The 245 tire is easily do-able, just not on that rim with that offset, and that sidewall aspect-ratio.

My recommendation would be 18x9 ET 38-42 with a 235/40 or 245/35 tire. Would look seckz
DNick454 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to DNick454 For This Useful Post:
SLOWHATCH (10-10-2011)