register gallery

Go Back   Mazdaspeed Forums >
MAZDASPEED SECTION
>
Mazdaspeed 3 MZR Gen2 Forums (2010-2013)
> 2010 MS3 - Wheels & Tires

Welcome to Mazdaspeed Forums .

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

*When you join MSF as a registered user, there will be No Ads.

*Registered Members get access to the Off Topic Area of the Forum

*Registered Members have an opportunity to upgrade their accounts to VIP, which brings a host of goddies for supporting MSF such as Raffles, Additional Forum Access, More PM Storage, The ability to upload more Images and many other enhancements.

*Registered members also get access to the live chat box!
Like Tree2Likes
  • 1 Post By TORQUERULES
  • 1 Post By Ezkeal

Bookmark and Share LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
 Old 09-12-2014, 06:40 AM   #1

TORQUERULES has a reputation beyond reputeTORQUERULES has a reputation beyond reputeTORQUERULES has a reputation beyond reputeTORQUERULES has a reputation beyond reputeTORQUERULES has a reputation beyond reputeTORQUERULES has a reputation beyond reputeTORQUERULES has a reputation beyond reputeTORQUERULES has a reputation beyond reputeTORQUERULES has a reputation beyond reputeTORQUERULES has a reputation beyond reputeTORQUERULES has a reputation beyond repute
Groans: 0
Groaned at 4 Times in 2 Posts
(Thread Starter)
Not Ranked  0 score     
Question Affordable UHP all-season tire suggestion please.

This is for my daily driver 2013 Mazdaspeed 3. I am going up from the 225/40/18 on the stock 18x7.5 wheels to 235/40/18 on 18x8 wheels (I would love to go to a 245 series tire, but those are all priced out of my range). I am looking for the best quiet, affordable, decent wearing all-season UHP tire I can get in this size. I have been getting great results out of the Cooper RS3-A on other cars, but recently I got a bad set on my wife's car that have been wearing weird (had to already replace too and alignment, etc. is spot on). Her DD is a 2012 Mazda 3 2.5 GT. They were fantastic on my Focus though (in a 235/45/17).

My budget is $150 per tire max, but I could go higher if there was a good promotion on the horizon (like Black Friday/Cyber Monday or something like that). If could not find any 245's at that price that were a decent brand, but I see plenty of choices in a 235/40/18.

I usually get my tires at Discount Tire Direct as I find their prices hard to beat anywhere.

Any suggestions from experience?
cyclist20 likes this.
(SOLD) 2013 Crystal White MS3--JBR 3.5" intake, very minor PNP intake manifold, CS TMIC, CS HPFP internals, CS BPV, JBR EGR delete and block-off, CFM RMM, CS TM insert, Cobb AP V3 with Stratified Stage 3 tunes (93 and E85 mix), VTCS delete, coolant bypass, 1 step colder plugs, CS shifter bushings, CS short shifter, Damond OCC, Ultra Gauge, Progress RSB, Koni dampers, Eibach Pro-Kit springs, JBR rear spacers, 235/40/18 Nitto Motivo tires, Drag DR-49 18x8" wheels, CNT cat-less DP, CNT cat-back, DDM HIDs, etc.

2017 Mazda CX-3 Meteor Gray
TORQUERULES is offline   Reply With Quote
 Old 09-12-2014, 07:12 AM   #2

shamie is the leader of the worldshamie is the leader of the worldshamie is the leader of the worldshamie is the leader of the worldshamie is the leader of the worldshamie is the leader of the worldshamie is the leader of the worldshamie is the leader of the worldshamie is the leader of the worldshamie is the leader of the worldshamie is the leader of the world
Groans: 2
Groaned at 4 Times in 4 Posts
Not Ranked  0 score     

Don't know where you live but you can't go wrong with the Coni DWS. Great traction in everything but ice. I just got my 235/40/18 from DT for $140 (+ mounting, certs, etc). $740 OTD for 4.
2009 MGM MS3 - / HTP 3"/ COBB AP, FMIC, RMM, & DP / AT Internals / Manley Rods & Pistons / ARP studs & bolts / Koyorad radiator / DM OCCs / ACT Clutch / Bilstein B16 / CS Camber Plates, Camber Arms, & Seals / JBR .125 RSB, BSD, 51R Battery Box & Raider's AD / StopTech Brakes
shamie is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to shamie For This Useful Post:
dbrier (11-01-2014), Easter Bunny (01-18-2015), Erick13Speed3 (09-21-2014), TORQUERULES (09-12-2014)
 Old 09-12-2014, 07:32 AM   #3

Finchee has a reputation beyond reputeFinchee has a reputation beyond reputeFinchee has a reputation beyond reputeFinchee has a reputation beyond reputeFinchee has a reputation beyond reputeFinchee has a reputation beyond reputeFinchee has a reputation beyond reputeFinchee has a reputation beyond reputeFinchee has a reputation beyond reputeFinchee has a reputation beyond reputeFinchee has a reputation beyond repute
Groaned at 0 Times in 0 Posts
Not Ranked  0 score     

I second the suggestion for the Continental DWS. I had these on my old MZ3 2.5 and they were great all season tires.

For my MS3 I wanted to try out the Goodyear Eagle F1 Asymmetric All Seasons. I think they go for $160+ instead of $150 though. They are good tires, better overall performance than the Continental DWS. Good grip, great turn in, a little twitchy but you will get used to it eventually. Sidewall is stiffer than the Conti DWS, but not stiff enough that you know you are still driving on an all-season tire. The only thing I don't like about them is the tread noise, which is loud, and it doesn't ride as smooth as the OEM Dunlops or the Conti DWS. I noticed my phone mounts and Ultragauge mounts vibrated more with this tire. The tread noise did die down after about 2000 miles but it is still loud. The ride smoothness didn't improve though. If I were to buy new tires I would get the Michelin AS3 (expensive though) or just go back to the Conti DWS.
Finchee is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Finchee For This Useful Post:
dbrier (11-01-2014), Erick13Speed3 (09-21-2014), TORQUERULES (09-12-2014)
 Old 09-12-2014, 10:56 AM   #4

TORQUERULES has a reputation beyond reputeTORQUERULES has a reputation beyond reputeTORQUERULES has a reputation beyond reputeTORQUERULES has a reputation beyond reputeTORQUERULES has a reputation beyond reputeTORQUERULES has a reputation beyond reputeTORQUERULES has a reputation beyond reputeTORQUERULES has a reputation beyond reputeTORQUERULES has a reputation beyond reputeTORQUERULES has a reputation beyond reputeTORQUERULES has a reputation beyond repute
(Thread Starter)
Not Ranked  0 score     

Thanks guys. The Continental DWS has been on my short list, but I just hope the tread wear is better than the OEM Conit's that were on my 2012 Focus and my 2007 Edge. They were horrible. Of course that is a different tire model and I truly believe that some tires supplied to OEMs are of sub-par quality.

I've never ran a General, but has anyone tried the General GMax?
(SOLD) 2013 Crystal White MS3--JBR 3.5" intake, very minor PNP intake manifold, CS TMIC, CS HPFP internals, CS BPV, JBR EGR delete and block-off, CFM RMM, CS TM insert, Cobb AP V3 with Stratified Stage 3 tunes (93 and E85 mix), VTCS delete, coolant bypass, 1 step colder plugs, CS shifter bushings, CS short shifter, Damond OCC, Ultra Gauge, Progress RSB, Koni dampers, Eibach Pro-Kit springs, JBR rear spacers, 235/40/18 Nitto Motivo tires, Drag DR-49 18x8" wheels, CNT cat-less DP, CNT cat-back, DDM HIDs, etc.

Last edited by TORQUERULES; 09-12-2014 at 10:56 AM. Reason: MSF Database - Automerged Doublepost
 Old 09-12-2014, 12:30 PM   #5

shamie is the leader of the worldshamie is the leader of the worldshamie is the leader of the worldshamie is the leader of the worldshamie is the leader of the worldshamie is the leader of the worldshamie is the leader of the worldshamie is the leader of the worldshamie is the leader of the worldshamie is the leader of the worldshamie is the leader of the world
Groans: 2
Groaned at 4 Times in 4 Posts
Not Ranked  0 score     

I didn't get a ton of miles on the DWSs - just over 22K. DT did honor the mileage warrantee though and gave me ~50% credit for my next purchase. That was at a brick and mortar DT and not DTdirect. I also have bought all my tires there since 1990 (typing that just made me feel really old) so they may work with me.

But like I said - they are that good I'm back in them for this upcoming winter.
2009 MGM MS3 - / HTP 3"/ COBB AP, FMIC, RMM, & DP / AT Internals / Manley Rods & Pistons / ARP studs & bolts / Koyorad radiator / DM OCCs / ACT Clutch / Bilstein B16 / CS Camber Plates, Camber Arms, & Seals / JBR .125 RSB, BSD, 51R Battery Box & Raider's AD / StopTech Brakes
shamie is offline   Reply With Quote
 Old 09-12-2014, 01:19 PM   #6

cnote308 has a reputation beyond reputecnote308 has a reputation beyond reputecnote308 has a reputation beyond reputecnote308 has a reputation beyond reputecnote308 has a reputation beyond reputecnote308 has a reputation beyond reputecnote308 has a reputation beyond reputecnote308 has a reputation beyond reputecnote308 has a reputation beyond reputecnote308 has a reputation beyond reputecnote308 has a reputation beyond repute
Groans: 5
Not Ranked  0 score     

I've posted this a couple times, figured it might help you...

I ran the Conti DWS for 30,000+ miles and recently (about 6,000 miles ago) switched to Kumho Ecsta 4x.

Relative to other A/S tires:

DWS - Excellent rain tire, quiet, good grip, above average snow traction, tracked straight from the start, horribly soft sidewalls, terrible turn-in response, "floaty, squirmy" feel, very slow to settle after hard cornering, had to run 40+ psi to combat soft sidewalls

Ecsta 4x - good rain tire, the MOST quiet tire I've ever run, good grip (not quite as good as DWS), no snow data yet, took about 300 miles to "break-in" (but after breaking in they track very straight), nice solid sidewalls, very little flex or "roll-over", very good turn-in response, predictable at the limit, settles nicely after hard cornering, very stable at high speed (90+ mph)

Conclusion: The DWS is an excellent tire but I just could not get over the soft sidewalls and poor handling characteristics. Believe it or not, the Ecsta 4x tire is the BEST A/S tire I've ever owned, and I've tried a considerable amount of different UHP A/S tires. They obviously cannot compete with Summer only tires when it comes to pure performance, but they are not far behind some of the summer tires I've run in the past. Unless snow performance is atrocious, I would have no problem recommending the 4X's.

Update: snow performance is acceptable for an all season tire...Conti DWS definitely wins the snow performance battle.
cnote308 is offline   Reply With Quote
 Old 09-12-2014, 04:18 PM   #7

(Thread Starter)
Not Ranked  0 score     

Thanks! The Kuhmo you mention I also on my list. It has been a few years since I ran Kuhmo brand tires, but this tire gets good reviews. Glad to hear they handle great on the MS3. They are also a little cheaper than the DWS. Decisions, decisions...

Sent from my Nokia Lumia 1520 using Tapatalk

Old 09-20-2014, 11:42 AM   #8

Ezkeal is a name known to allEzkeal is a name known to allEzkeal is a name known to allEzkeal is a name known to allEzkeal is a name known to allEzkeal is a name known to all
Groans: 1
Groaned at 1 Time in 1 Post
Not Ranked  0 score     

Iv been thinking about getting the Michelin Super Sport's the local Discount Tire guy suggested highly off these. He said these deal with our cars natural camber really well because of how the inner wall is made.

God spending 800+ dollars on tires sucks haha
macdiesel likes this.

For the Future:
CPE Top mount
Turbosmart Dual Port
Lowering Springs
Jbr tmm
Jbr pmm
Ezkeal is offline   Reply With Quote
 Old 09-20-2014, 01:41 PM   #9
Raiders Bitch

Shampu is the leader of the worldShampu is the leader of the worldShampu is the leader of the worldShampu is the leader of the worldShampu is the leader of the worldShampu is the leader of the worldShampu is the leader of the worldShampu is the leader of the worldShampu is the leader of the worldShampu is the leader of the worldShampu is the leader of the world
Groans: 25
Groaned at 8 Times in 8 Posts
Not Ranked  0 score     

Nitto neogens are inexpensive and handle negative camber well. I've had mine for a few thousand miles with no complaints
Cobb Tuning Accessport V3, Autotech HPFP Internals, HTP 3in Intake, Turbosmart Dual Port, Ultimate Racing Test Pipe, CP-e TMIC, Ultimate Racing Catback, DM RMM, DM PMM, CPE Trans Mount, JBR Shifter Bushings, OCC

Rice: LED's, Black emblems, Rally Armor mudflaps, OEM Rain Visors, OEM Cargo Tray, Weathertech Floor mats, S204 lip (RIP), PERM shift knob, Cobb Exhaust hangers, Blue Evo X GSR wheels

Fluids/other shit: Rotella T6, NGK 1 step colder plugs
235/40 Pilot Super Sports

Tuned by Nishan
25% E85
Shampu is offline   Reply With Quote
 Old 09-20-2014, 01:46 PM   #10

franz is the leader of the worldfranz is the leader of the worldfranz is the leader of the worldfranz is the leader of the worldfranz is the leader of the worldfranz is the leader of the worldfranz is the leader of the worldfranz is the leader of the worldfranz is the leader of the worldfranz is the leader of the worldfranz is the leader of the world
Thanked 1,752 Times in 717 Posts
Groans: 4
Not Ranked  0 score     

Originally Posted by Ezkeal View Post
Iv been thinking about getting the Michelin Super Sport's the local Discount Tire guy suggested highly off these. He said these deal with our cars natural camber really well because of how the inner wall is made.

God spending 800+ dollars on tires sucks haha
The Super Sports are not all seasons, so if he recommended them as such he is a moron. Some of the Pilot Sport line are all seasons and some are summer, so be very careful what you choose.

@TORQUERULES; where do you live and how important is snow traction?

I have been doing the same research for the the wife's car. Her OEMs are on their last season. We have a set of snows, but I dont want to put full summers on her car, so here is what I have dug up. No personal experience with any of them.

The Conti DWS are probably the best A/S for snow use. I havent come accross a better tire yet in the size I was looking at. Although its probably attributed to the softer rubber, sidewall and increased wear that @cnote308; mentioned.

The General AS03 and Kumho Ecsta 4x seem to be good budget tires. The Hankook Ventus S1 is a bit more than those and seems to have very poor winter traction.

I will probably go with the Kumho's for their overall performance, good price and asymmetrical tread pattern to make tire rotations easier.
Bilstein B8/Swift Spec-R/ST120s/Nitto 555
JBR 70dur. RMM-TMM-PMM/SSP+Bushings/TIGs/OCC
franz is offline   Reply With Quote
 Old 09-20-2014, 02:30 PM   #11

someguy is the leader of the worldsomeguy is the leader of the worldsomeguy is the leader of the worldsomeguy is the leader of the worldsomeguy is the leader of the worldsomeguy is the leader of the worldsomeguy is the leader of the worldsomeguy is the leader of the worldsomeguy is the leader of the worldsomeguy is the leader of the worldsomeguy is the leader of the world
Groans: 24
Groaned at 166 Times in 32 Posts
Not Ranked  0 score     

True the PSS's aren't all seasons but damn they're amazing tires. Most amazing set of rubber I've ever driven on.

That said, I've heard good things about the Pilot Sport A/S 3 from a couple of the locals but they're probably out of budget at around $200/each.
- CS Brake Pads - Michelin Pilot Super Sport - CS Boost Tubes - CS Fog, DRL and Interior LEDs - Horns - Grounds - 20% Tint -
someguy is offline   Reply With Quote
 Old 09-20-2014, 03:03 PM   #12

Mastertrixter is the leader of the worldMastertrixter is the leader of the worldMastertrixter is the leader of the worldMastertrixter is the leader of the worldMastertrixter is the leader of the worldMastertrixter is the leader of the worldMastertrixter is the leader of the worldMastertrixter is the leader of the worldMastertrixter is the leader of the worldMastertrixter is the leader of the worldMastertrixter is the leader of the world
Groaned at 10 Times in 5 Posts
Not Ranked  0 score     

Best all season tire I've ever ran were the nitto motivos.

Had on my mini for winter and now on the ms3 for winter. Mind you I never run them during the summer.

Autoxd a few winter heats with them on the mini and they did fairly well. Really had to push them to get the sidewall to flex.

BNR s3 v2
snow performance wmi
dammon occ, egr deletes
htp 3"
cx piping with tr6 core
ebay dp
corksport catback
autotech internals
grimmspeed 3port
turbosmart bpv
3bar
jbp ssp, weight, bushings, rmm, and rsb

koni oranges with road magnet springs
motegi mr116 18x8 +45

Powered by PURPLE DRANK
350/360 vdyno cf 1.01 on 91 pump only
Mastertrixter is offline   Reply With Quote
 Old 09-20-2014, 03:37 PM   #13

Littlescroll is the leader of the worldLittlescroll is the leader of the worldLittlescroll is the leader of the worldLittlescroll is the leader of the worldLittlescroll is the leader of the worldLittlescroll is the leader of the worldLittlescroll is the leader of the worldLittlescroll is the leader of the worldLittlescroll is the leader of the worldLittlescroll is the leader of the worldLittlescroll is the leader of the world
Groans: 26
Not Ranked  0 score     

I have pilot sport as3s and they've been excellent. They ride well and have worn well. I'll probably get 45k out of them. And that's with plenty of traction control off shenanigans. That said, they're around 200/tire (I run a 235/40 as well)

^Sold August 2015^

Current: 2008 Acura TL

Littlescroll is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Littlescroll For This Useful Post:
darthxar (09-20-2014)
 Old 09-20-2014, 04:36 PM   #14

Yatta is the leader of the worldYatta is the leader of the worldYatta is the leader of the worldYatta is the leader of the worldYatta is the leader of the worldYatta is the leader of the worldYatta is the leader of the worldYatta is the leader of the worldYatta is the leader of the worldYatta is the leader of the worldYatta is the leader of the world
Thanked 1,278 Times in 645 Posts
Groans: 1
Groaned at 7 Times in 7 Posts
Not Ranked  0 score     

I've just gotten some General Altimax HP's (apparently General is owned by Conti...) and they have been good so far, dry, cold, wet, waiting to find out how they fair in the snow but reviews for them were generally good. at $105 a corner I couldn't pass.
mods: \\// AT HPFP // AccessPort // CS S2 TIP, SRI and TMIC // CPe S2 RMM // Synapse BPV // Mazda gutted secondary cat // S-OTS+ 91S2 // HKS TP DLi II // Wilwood DP6 13” brakes // TCE 2 piece rear rotors // Maxwell SuperCap/LiFePO4 cell \\//

waiting for install: \\// CPE Catted DP // CS Battery Box // Devils Own Meth kit // H&R Coilovers \\//
Yatta is offline   Reply With Quote
 Old 09-20-2014, 04:56 PM   #15

darthxar is the leader of the worlddarthxar is the leader of the worlddarthxar is the leader of the worlddarthxar is the leader of the worlddarthxar is the leader of the worlddarthxar is the leader of the worlddarthxar is the leader of the worlddarthxar is the leader of the worlddarthxar is the leader of the worlddarthxar is the leader of the worlddarthxar is the leader of the world
Not Ranked  0 score     

I'll also put a plug in for the pilot sport a/s 3. I've mine on for about 15k miles and there is nearly no noticeable wear. They grip hard in the dry, are great in the rain, and have sharper turn in feel than some summer tires I have ran. With all that said, they are only passable in snow, but I got through a pretty nasty winter on them last year.

darthxar is offline   Reply With Quote
 Old 09-20-2014, 05:22 PM   #16

someguy is the leader of the worldsomeguy is the leader of the worldsomeguy is the leader of the worldsomeguy is the leader of the worldsomeguy is the leader of the worldsomeguy is the leader of the worldsomeguy is the leader of the worldsomeguy is the leader of the worldsomeguy is the leader of the worldsomeguy is the leader of the worldsomeguy is the leader of the world
Groans: 24
Groaned at 166 Times in 32 Posts
Not Ranked  0 score     

Really all seasons aren't worth while in real winter...if you live somewhere where the snow stays on the ground throughout the winter, you really should run a proper winter tire. It's really no more expensive than running all seasons that just wear out sooner. 2 sets of all seasons or 1 set of summers and 1 set of winters, little difference.
- CS Brake Pads - Michelin Pilot Super Sport - CS Boost Tubes - CS Fog, DRL and Interior LEDs - Horns - Grounds - 20% Tint -
someguy is offline   Reply With Quote
 Old 09-20-2014, 07:01 PM   #17

stoickiwi is the leader of the worldstoickiwi is the leader of the worldstoickiwi is the leader of the worldstoickiwi is the leader of the worldstoickiwi is the leader of the worldstoickiwi is the leader of the worldstoickiwi is the leader of the worldstoickiwi is the leader of the worldstoickiwi is the leader of the worldstoickiwi is the leader of the worldstoickiwi is the leader of the world
Groaned at 2 Times in 2 Posts
Not Ranked  0 score     

Originally Posted by Mastertrixter View Post
Best all season tire I've ever ran were the nitto motivos.

I second this. I have them on my MS3 and couldn't be happier.

Stock AF
stoickiwi is offline   Reply With Quote
 Old 09-20-2014, 08:29 PM   #18

Wizkid817 is a splendid one to beholdWizkid817 is a splendid one to beholdWizkid817 is a splendid one to beholdWizkid817 is a splendid one to beholdWizkid817 is a splendid one to beholdWizkid817 is a splendid one to beholdWizkid817 is a splendid one to behold
Not Ranked  0 score     

I had conti dws for about 37k miles and I liked them for being an all season tire. Got me through the snow we had in Nc early this year. I was living in statesville then and I had to pickup people 38 miles away because they couldn't get home. Has no issues going down i77 which hadn't been cleared yet. If you get them make sure they are rotated. I rotated every 3-4k miles but after the weather warmed up and the ice went away they got really loud. The packed ice that formed from the melt wore them funny.
Wizkid817 is offline   Reply With Quote
 Old 09-21-2014, 07:19 AM   #19

(Thread Starter)
Not Ranked  0 score     

Thanks everyone for the replies. Winters can get bad here in WV, but in the deep snow I have an old beater V8 Ranger to drive (and have some sleeper fun). I just need AS tires for light snow, rain, cold weather, etc.

Sent from my Nokia Lumia 1520 using Tapatalk

Old 09-21-2014, 09:35 AM   #20

Finchee has a reputation beyond reputeFinchee has a reputation beyond reputeFinchee has a reputation beyond reputeFinchee has a reputation beyond reputeFinchee has a reputation beyond reputeFinchee has a reputation beyond reputeFinchee has a reputation beyond reputeFinchee has a reputation beyond reputeFinchee has a reputation beyond reputeFinchee has a reputation beyond reputeFinchee has a reputation beyond repute
Not Ranked  0 score     

Originally Posted by darthxar View Post
I'll also put a plug in for the pilot sport a/s 3. I've mine on for about 15k miles and there is nearly no noticeable wear. They grip hard in the dry, are great in the rain, and have sharper turn in feel than some summer tires I have ran. With all that said, they are only passable in snow, but I got through a pretty nasty winter on them last year.
The Michelin Pilot Sport AS/3 is not that good in snow based on Tirerack's testing. The Continental DWS is still the top all season tire for winter driving. That said, like others suggested, if you get really bad winters in your area, you would want to be running true winter tires.
Finchee is offline   Reply With Quote
 Old 10-31-2014, 09:33 PM   #21

BrettMillerKY is an unknown quantity at this point
Not Ranked  0 score     

I had a set of these Maxxis MA-Z4S on my Protege5 and they seemed to be a pretty nice tire. Now that I have gotten a Speed3, I was wondering if anyone had tried these and how they worked out.

https://www.onlinetires.com/products...ictra+92w.html

Last edited by BrettMillerKY; 10-31-2014 at 09:52 PM.
BrettMillerKY is offline   Reply With Quote
 Old 11-13-2014, 07:30 AM   #22

(Thread Starter)
Not Ranked  0 score     
Thumbs up

I just got in a set of Nitto Motivo 235/40/18s. I will mount them to my stock wheels for now and when the weather gets better they are going on some 18x8 wheels.

They were purchased from Discount Tire Direct and were recommended by their representative on the SVTPerformance forums.

They look very nice and get great reviews. Made in the USA too! Nice plus.

Old 11-13-2014, 09:33 AM   #23
Raiders Bitch

Shampu is the leader of the worldShampu is the leader of the worldShampu is the leader of the worldShampu is the leader of the worldShampu is the leader of the worldShampu is the leader of the worldShampu is the leader of the worldShampu is the leader of the worldShampu is the leader of the worldShampu is the leader of the worldShampu is the leader of the world
Groans: 25
Groaned at 8 Times in 8 Posts
Not Ranked  0 score     

Yeah Ive got neogens (I believe the motivo replaced those if I'm not mistaken) I love them
Good choice!
Cobb Tuning Accessport V3, Autotech HPFP Internals, HTP 3in Intake, Turbosmart Dual Port, Ultimate Racing Test Pipe, CP-e TMIC, Ultimate Racing Catback, DM RMM, DM PMM, CPE Trans Mount, JBR Shifter Bushings, OCC

Rice: LED's, Black emblems, Rally Armor mudflaps, OEM Rain Visors, OEM Cargo Tray, Weathertech Floor mats, S204 lip (RIP), PERM shift knob, Cobb Exhaust hangers, Blue Evo X GSR wheels

Fluids/other shit: Rotella T6, NGK 1 step colder plugs
235/40 Pilot Super Sports

Tuned by Nishan
25% E85
Shampu is offline   Reply With Quote
 Old 11-21-2014, 11:53 AM   #24

(Thread Starter)
Not Ranked  0 score     

I put about 500 miles on them this week on a business trip. They handle every bit as good or better than the summer compound Dunlop SP Sport 2050 tires that were stock (I lean towards better than the Dunlops). The steering response is amazing. Much better than the Dunlops. The tires ride good and look fantastic. Although these are 235 vs stock 225, they are far wider than I expected. They must run wide for their size which is perfectly fine with me. :-)

I have 18x8 wheels I am going to be running during the spring and summer, and I may get these same tires. I did not buy this car for 10/10's driving, but instead for a fun and nimble daily driver (of course I have to modify it though...). I just need to find a good deal on TPMS sensors...

Last edited by TORQUERULES; 11-21-2014 at 11:53 AM. Reason: MSF Database - Automerged Doublepost
 Old 11-21-2014, 01:22 PM   #25

BrettMillerKY is an unknown quantity at this point
Not Ranked  0 score     

Sounds good. I'm probably going to go up to the 235s as well. I like the idea of having just a little more meat on the road. Do you get any tire rub with the bigger size? Post a pic showing how much wider.
BrettMillerKY is offline   Reply With Quote
 Old 11-21-2014, 04:38 PM   #26

(Thread Starter)
Not Ranked  0 score     

I'll post one tomorrow or so. It has no rubbing btw. I also use 5mm spacers in the back. Makes things look better. Not needed for clearance.

Sent from my Windows Phone

Old 11-24-2014, 11:19 AM   #27

(Thread Starter)
Not Ranked  0 score     

Originally Posted by TORQUERULES View Post
I'll post one tomorrow or so. It has no rubbing btw. I also use 5mm spacers in the back. Makes things look better. Not needed for clearance.

Sent from my Windows Phone

Washed it real quick to take a couple of pics. Hope you can see the difference.

The Following User Says Thank You to TORQUERULES For This Useful Post:
mxlplx71 (11-24-2014)
 Old 01-14-2015, 11:38 AM   #28

(Thread Starter)
Not Ranked  0 score     
Thumbs up

An update:

Encountered some sudden ice/snow today and the tires performed admirably. It took A LOT to make them slip. I was impressed for a wide, low-profile 18" tire.

Old 01-18-2015, 08:28 AM   #29

SSMS3 will become famous soon enough
Not Ranked  0 score     

Mounted Conti DWS (225/40) a few weeks ago and was impressed how well they performed in 5" of snow, no issues. Increased sidewall flex/improved ride quality vs the stock Dunlop's and ok with that for my winter setup. $145 at Walmart
 Old 01-22-2015, 07:16 AM   #30

maestro787 is an unknown quantity at this point
Not Ranked  0 score     

Another plug for Conti DWS, Ive gone thru 2 sets of Coni DWS and the first one lasted about 33k miles (rated for 55k) and the current set will probably last me around 28k. They performed great on the ice/snow when we had that really bad one ice storm in Atlanta last year. Got me up a hill when I see most cars spinning their tires.

Discout Tire (brick and mortar) has been good about honoring the warranty and if the tire is short of the expected life span will credit you the difference. I am thinking of switching to Pilot Sport A/S 3 as Ive heard good things about them but Im still on the fence about the price difference and the lower thread rating.
maestro787 is offline   Reply With Quote
 Old 01-22-2015, 09:37 AM   #31

darthxar is the leader of the worlddarthxar is the leader of the worlddarthxar is the leader of the worlddarthxar is the leader of the worlddarthxar is the leader of the worlddarthxar is the leader of the worlddarthxar is the leader of the worlddarthxar is the leader of the worlddarthxar is the leader of the worlddarthxar is the leader of the worlddarthxar is the leader of the world
Not Ranked  0 score     

I love the performance of my as/3's but, it looks like I am only going to get about 20k out of mine. They have 16k now and are petty close to the bars. Also, when new the snow performance was passable, now its deplorable. Still good on dry and wet though.

darthxar is offline   Reply With Quote