register gallery

Go Back   Mazdaspeed Forums >
MAZDASPEED SECTION
>
Mazdaspeed 3 MZR Gen2 Forums (2010-2013)
> 2010 MS3 - Wheels & Tires

Welcome to Mazdaspeed Forums .

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

*When you join MSF as a registered user, there will be No Ads.

*Registered Members get access to the Off Topic Area of the Forum

*Registered Members have an opportunity to upgrade their accounts to VIP, which brings a host of goddies for supporting MSF such as Raffles, Additional Forum Access, More PM Storage, The ability to upload more Images and many other enhancements.

*Registered members also get access to the live chat box!
Like Tree8Likes

Bookmark and Share LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
 Old 12-14-2015, 07:35 PM   #1

Porterhouse07 has a reputation beyond reputePorterhouse07 has a reputation beyond reputePorterhouse07 has a reputation beyond reputePorterhouse07 has a reputation beyond reputePorterhouse07 has a reputation beyond reputePorterhouse07 has a reputation beyond reputePorterhouse07 has a reputation beyond reputePorterhouse07 has a reputation beyond reputePorterhouse07 has a reputation beyond reputePorterhouse07 has a reputation beyond reputePorterhouse07 has a reputation beyond repute
Groans: 2
Groaned at 6 Times in 4 Posts
(Thread Starter)
Not Ranked  0 score     
Default Good all-season tires?

I'm nearing the point of needing to get some new rubber but there's 5 million options. I'm looking for a UHP all-season tire that wont break the bank. I dont do any autoX or drag racing besides the impromptu race. Has anyone tried the Nitto Neogen? They fit perfectly in my price range. I dont really need anything thats made for snow. Mainly something that will be good in wet conditions and ,of course, dry. They will be used on my factory '13 wheels so I'm guessing the standard 225/40/18 would be the best option or can I move up a little on the stock wheel?
CS SSP | Swift Springs | DM Stage 3 OCC and PCV Plate | EBC Slotted Rotors w/ Yellowstuff Pads | NGK Iridium

Freektuned 350/365
Porterhouse07 is offline   Reply With Quote
 Old 12-14-2015, 07:49 PM   #2

azarashi is the leader of the worldazarashi is the leader of the worldazarashi is the leader of the worldazarashi is the leader of the worldazarashi is the leader of the worldazarashi is the leader of the worldazarashi is the leader of the worldazarashi is the leader of the worldazarashi is the leader of the worldazarashi is the leader of the worldazarashi is the leader of the world
Groans: 0
Groaned at 2 Times in 2 Posts
Not Ranked  0 score     

I use Yokohama YK580, I havent had any issues with them. I don't do anything crazy like track or drag either. This is my daily driver. I have been told by one person that they arent good in the rain but I havent had any issues at all.

Im on Stock Gen 1 wheels and I believe these are 225/45/18, and they didnt break the bank for me at all they more middle of the price range from what I remember. And im almost certain these are exclusive to Discount Tire, which worked for me cause they were really good about everything.

Cause as much as people go on about Tire Rack, I prefer to get my tires from and installed at the same place.

2008 Mazdaspeed 3 GT - Cobb SRI, HKS BOV, Cobb AP V2, Sure RMM, EBC Front Rotors, Hawk HPS, ROCA PMM, Yokohama YK580, SenSen Rear shocks

Planned: Cobb TIP, Autotech HPFP, MattD RMM, Koni Street Shocks/struts
azarashi is offline   Reply With Quote
 Old 12-14-2015, 07:50 PM   #3

Porterhouse07 has a reputation beyond reputePorterhouse07 has a reputation beyond reputePorterhouse07 has a reputation beyond reputePorterhouse07 has a reputation beyond reputePorterhouse07 has a reputation beyond reputePorterhouse07 has a reputation beyond reputePorterhouse07 has a reputation beyond reputePorterhouse07 has a reputation beyond reputePorterhouse07 has a reputation beyond reputePorterhouse07 has a reputation beyond reputePorterhouse07 has a reputation beyond repute
(Thread Starter)
Not Ranked  0 score     

Thanks. I'll look into those
CS SSP | Swift Springs | DM Stage 3 OCC and PCV Plate | EBC Slotted Rotors w/ Yellowstuff Pads | NGK Iridium

Freektuned 350/365
 Old 12-14-2015, 07:59 PM   #4

speedfreak44 is the leader of the worldspeedfreak44 is the leader of the worldspeedfreak44 is the leader of the worldspeedfreak44 is the leader of the worldspeedfreak44 is the leader of the worldspeedfreak44 is the leader of the worldspeedfreak44 is the leader of the worldspeedfreak44 is the leader of the worldspeedfreak44 is the leader of the worldspeedfreak44 is the leader of the worldspeedfreak44 is the leader of the world
Groans: 10
Groaned at 3 Times in 2 Posts
Not Ranked  0 score     

Sumitomo htrz III. Cheap and good
2009 Nissan Frontier LE loaded...big stereo system (traded)
2009 Cadillac CTS sport package...stock (blown and traded piece of shit)
1994 Integra RS built all motor (sold)
1990 Civic EF nitrous turbo motor swapped beast (sold)
1987 Dodge pick up...jacked up (sold)
speedfreak44 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to speedfreak44 For This Useful Post:
Porterhouse07 (12-14-2015)
 Old 12-14-2015, 08:00 PM   #5

monkey.bones.007 is the leader of the worldmonkey.bones.007 is the leader of the worldmonkey.bones.007 is the leader of the worldmonkey.bones.007 is the leader of the worldmonkey.bones.007 is the leader of the worldmonkey.bones.007 is the leader of the worldmonkey.bones.007 is the leader of the worldmonkey.bones.007 is the leader of the worldmonkey.bones.007 is the leader of the worldmonkey.bones.007 is the leader of the worldmonkey.bones.007 is the leader of the world
Thanked 4,585 Times in 2,011 Posts
Groans: 98
Groaned at 296 Times in 73 Posts
Not Ranked  0 score     

I'm running Bridgestone re97 as in a 225/40/18 and the only time I've had issues is in iced snow on a back country, unplowed road. Otherwise they've awesome in everything. I drove them at ENM at the Dragon last year and they did great.

tapatalk, it sucks
monkey.bones.007 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to monkey.bones.007 For This Useful Post:
Porterhouse07 (12-14-2015)
 Old 12-14-2015, 08:14 PM   #6

JgamB is the leader of the worldJgamB is the leader of the worldJgamB is the leader of the worldJgamB is the leader of the worldJgamB is the leader of the worldJgamB is the leader of the worldJgamB is the leader of the worldJgamB is the leader of the worldJgamB is the leader of the worldJgamB is the leader of the worldJgamB is the leader of the world
Thanked 4,236 Times in 1,437 Posts
Groans: 15
Groaned at 21 Times in 17 Posts
Not Ranked  0 score     

Neo gens are a 3 season (at best) tire. I ran them and noticed their cold grip diminished just like a Summer tire, and they have no siping for snow. Very low TWR for an all-season, sloppy sidewalls, and of course very good straight line grip for ye olde boosted FWD because of it. Branding them as all season is pretty much a bald faced lie.

If you really can't afford steelies and Winter tires and dedicated Summer rubber, I would suggest the Conti DWS06.
rockthebeats likes this.

13.10@117.1 full weight DD no prep 1/4 (BNR S3 / E85)
JgamB is offline   Reply With Quote
 Old 12-14-2015, 08:21 PM   #7

Balthazar is the leader of the worldBalthazar is the leader of the worldBalthazar is the leader of the worldBalthazar is the leader of the worldBalthazar is the leader of the worldBalthazar is the leader of the worldBalthazar is the leader of the worldBalthazar is the leader of the worldBalthazar is the leader of the worldBalthazar is the leader of the worldBalthazar is the leader of the world
Not Ranked  0 score     

I'm not sure if they are UHP but I've got some General Tire Gmax and I'm quite satisfied. They are really not too expensive and when I searched they had good reviews.
Balthazar is offline   Reply With Quote
 Old 12-14-2015, 08:38 PM   #8

doctavus is the leader of the worlddoctavus is the leader of the worlddoctavus is the leader of the worlddoctavus is the leader of the worlddoctavus is the leader of the worlddoctavus is the leader of the worlddoctavus is the leader of the worlddoctavus is the leader of the worlddoctavus is the leader of the worlddoctavus is the leader of the worlddoctavus is the leader of the world
Groans: 9
Groaned at 29 Times in 23 Posts
Neutral  -1 score     

All season's on a FWD hot rod, lol.
doctavus is offline   Reply With Quote
 Old 12-15-2015, 04:36 AM   #9

(Thread Starter)
Not Ranked  0 score     

I dont plan on racing in the winter and we dont get a ton of snow down here. I want all-seasons to get me to the summer and I plan on buying summer tires at that point.

Freektuned 350/365
 Old 12-15-2015, 05:39 AM   #10

SCSI15 is the leader of the worldSCSI15 is the leader of the worldSCSI15 is the leader of the worldSCSI15 is the leader of the worldSCSI15 is the leader of the worldSCSI15 is the leader of the worldSCSI15 is the leader of the worldSCSI15 is the leader of the worldSCSI15 is the leader of the worldSCSI15 is the leader of the worldSCSI15 is the leader of the world
Groans: 1
Groaned at 1 Time in 1 Post
Not Ranked  0 score     

don't mean to thread hijack, I've been looking at good all seasons as well. I've been seriously looking at those Conti DWS06. They aren't too bad on tirerack.com

Might be a stupid question. Can you run summer tires up front and all seasons in the back in the summer?

SCSI15 is offline   Reply With Quote
 Old 12-15-2015, 05:40 AM   #11

anavrinIV is the leader of the worldanavrinIV is the leader of the worldanavrinIV is the leader of the worldanavrinIV is the leader of the worldanavrinIV is the leader of the worldanavrinIV is the leader of the worldanavrinIV is the leader of the worldanavrinIV is the leader of the worldanavrinIV is the leader of the worldanavrinIV is the leader of the worldanavrinIV is the leader of the world
Thanked 4,457 Times in 1,982 Posts
Groans: 63
Groaned at 43 Times in 22 Posts
Not Ranked  0 score     

Originally Posted by JgamB View Post
Neo gens are a 3 season (at best) tire. I ran them and noticed their cold grip diminished just like a Summer tire, and they have no siping for snow. Very low TWR for an all-season, sloppy sidewalls, and of course very good straight line grip for ye olde boosted FWD because of it. Branding them as all season is pretty much a bald faced lie.

If you really can't afford steelies and Winter tires and dedicated Summer rubber, I would suggest the Conti DWS06.
Dedicated winter tires in central NC are a waste of money.

DWS wouldn't be a bad option but I'll question their grip. I had the summer DW tires and they were okay at best...straight line grip I could chirp third easily with the 3071 and the sidewalls were too soft for my liking.

Neogens should be a decent option. I've had 2 sets of nitto tires that I've loved (Invos and NT05s) and currently have motivos on 2 tires that are...fine I guess. When these go neogens are on my list of replacements

"Speed has never killed anyone. Suddenly becoming stationary, that's what gets you."
anavrinIV is offline   Reply With Quote
 Old 12-15-2015, 07:48 AM   #12

(Thread Starter)
Not Ranked  0 score     

Originally Posted by anavrinIV View Post
Dedicated winter tires in central NC are a waste of money
My thoughts exactly...

I was taking a look at the BFGoodrich G-Force Comp-2 A/S. They fit right in my price range as well and have good reviews and rating on tirerack.
rockthebeats likes this.

Freektuned 350/365
 Old 12-15-2015, 08:07 AM   #13

Finchee has a reputation beyond reputeFinchee has a reputation beyond reputeFinchee has a reputation beyond reputeFinchee has a reputation beyond reputeFinchee has a reputation beyond reputeFinchee has a reputation beyond reputeFinchee has a reputation beyond reputeFinchee has a reputation beyond reputeFinchee has a reputation beyond reputeFinchee has a reputation beyond reputeFinchee has a reputation beyond repute
Groaned at 0 Times in 0 Posts
Not Ranked  0 score     

If the Continental DWS06 are too expensive for you, then yeah I would suggest the BFGoodrich G-Force Comp-2 A/S.
rockthebeats likes this.

Autotech Fuel Pump Internals
Cobb Accessport V3
Continental ExtremeContact DWS06
CorkSport SRI, TIP
CP-E xFlex Stage 1 65A Rear Motor Mount
Damond Motorsports Short Shift Plate
ETS TMIC
James Barone Racing Thermal Insulating Throttle Body Gasket & Coolant Bypass Kit
Magnaflow CBE
NGK Iridium IX Step Colder Plugs

Dizzy Tune in progress...

Finchee is offline   Reply With Quote
 Old 12-15-2015, 08:13 AM   #14

robbspeed is the leader of the worldrobbspeed is the leader of the worldrobbspeed is the leader of the worldrobbspeed is the leader of the worldrobbspeed is the leader of the worldrobbspeed is the leader of the worldrobbspeed is the leader of the worldrobbspeed is the leader of the worldrobbspeed is the leader of the worldrobbspeed is the leader of the worldrobbspeed is the leader of the world
Groans: 50
Groaned at 7 Times in 6 Posts
Neutral  +1 score     

Fuzion UHP sport all seasons. They're literally $75 a piece and did a good job up untill I got a freektune ots map. Now they're overwhelmed even in 3rd gear some times. They certainly won't break the bank though. http://www.tirerack.com/tires/tires....3&autoModClar= 4 tires for $306

These have been on the car since I bought it 7 months ago and I'll replace them with summers this spring. But like I said they've been ok.
 Old 12-15-2015, 08:14 AM   #15

Jakeypoo has a reputation beyond reputeJakeypoo has a reputation beyond reputeJakeypoo has a reputation beyond reputeJakeypoo has a reputation beyond reputeJakeypoo has a reputation beyond reputeJakeypoo has a reputation beyond reputeJakeypoo has a reputation beyond reputeJakeypoo has a reputation beyond reputeJakeypoo has a reputation beyond reputeJakeypoo has a reputation beyond reputeJakeypoo has a reputation beyond repute
Neutral  +1 score     

FWIW I use Kumho Platinum 225/45 on stock wheels. I liked them so much better than the stock REs or Kumho 4X that I continue to buy them and have not tried anything else. They don't turn to crap when it's <50 and they are all season. Good in wet and have a 40,000 mile warranty which they brought down from 60,000 originally.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Porterhouse07 (12-15-2015)
 Old 12-15-2015, 09:00 AM   #16

(Thread Starter)
Not Ranked  0 score     

Originally Posted by robbspeed View Post
Fuzion UHP sport all seasons. They're literally $75 a piece and did a good job up untill I got a freektune ots map. Now they're overwhelmed even in 3rd gear some times. They certainly won't break the bank though. http://www.tirerack.com/tires/tires....3&autoModClar= 4 tires for $306

These have been on the car since I bought it 7 months ago and I'll replace them with summers this spring. But like I said they've been ok.
If a Freek OTS map made them give you trouble, then these will def not work for me.

Freektuned 350/365
 Old 12-15-2015, 09:19 AM   #17

robbspeed is the leader of the worldrobbspeed is the leader of the worldrobbspeed is the leader of the worldrobbspeed is the leader of the worldrobbspeed is the leader of the worldrobbspeed is the leader of the worldrobbspeed is the leader of the worldrobbspeed is the leader of the worldrobbspeed is the leader of the worldrobbspeed is the leader of the worldrobbspeed is the leader of the world
Groans: 50
Groaned at 7 Times in 6 Posts
Not Ranked  0 score     

I just saw your BT..
 Old 12-15-2015, 09:39 AM   #18

Jega has much to be proud ofJega has much to be proud ofJega has much to be proud ofJega has much to be proud ofJega has much to be proud ofJega has much to be proud ofJega has much to be proud ofJega has much to be proud of
Groaned at 39 Times in 10 Posts
Not Ranked  0 score     

+1 on Continental DWS06..
Jega is offline   Reply With Quote
 Old 12-15-2015, 09:57 AM   #19

Juicers is a splendid one to beholdJuicers is a splendid one to beholdJuicers is a splendid one to beholdJuicers is a splendid one to beholdJuicers is a splendid one to beholdJuicers is a splendid one to beholdJuicers is a splendid one to behold
Not Ranked  0 score     

I've had these on for almost a year now. Seem to be pretty decent, for where and how I drive. No issues on a down and back on the Dragon either.

http://www.tirerack.com/tires/tires....3&autoModClar=
 Old 12-15-2015, 10:52 AM   #20
Tachyonic Moderator

MS3Shadow is the leader of the worldMS3Shadow is the leader of the worldMS3Shadow is the leader of the worldMS3Shadow is the leader of the worldMS3Shadow is the leader of the worldMS3Shadow is the leader of the worldMS3Shadow is the leader of the worldMS3Shadow is the leader of the worldMS3Shadow is the leader of the worldMS3Shadow is the leader of the worldMS3Shadow is the leader of the world
Thanked 3,690 Times in 1,889 Posts
Groans: 283
Groaned at 20 Times in 16 Posts

+2 on Continental DWS

sent from my Nexus 6P
BNR S4, XSPower v3 Exhaust Manifold w/ Tial 44mm EWG Cobb accessport V3, Dizzy Tune in progress CP-e stage2 rmm, tmic, hpfp JBR boost tubes, Tru-3.5in Intake inside a Corksport Cold Air Box, Catless Downpipe & Racepipe, bypass hose, hood scoop, BPV, hood struts, stubby antenna, Aluminum Skid Plate, EBCS, 3.5BAR MAP Sensor, Magnaflow Catback Exhaust DM Full EGR Delete, Passenger Motor Mount, Transmission Motor Mount., Coolant Bypass, VTCS Delete, NGK ILTR6A-7G ,G-LOC R6 Brake pads and Centric High Carbon brake rotors Looks: 25% tint front, 5% back, Heat-blocking front windshield film Escort Passport Max360, RGBW Halos/Demon Eyes 20'' LED Light bar

Use my Updated Custom Google Search to search this forum since the advanced search here is broken
MS3Shadow is offline   Reply With Quote
 Old 12-15-2015, 11:10 AM   #21

(Thread Starter)
Neutral  +1 score     

If it wasnt right at christmas time, I'd go for the DWS. But my current budget just wont allow it. I'm leaning towards the BFGoodrich at this point. Thanks for everyones input.

Freektuned 350/365
 Old 12-17-2015, 08:15 PM   #22

Donnyg20 is a glorious beacon of lightDonnyg20 is a glorious beacon of lightDonnyg20 is a glorious beacon of lightDonnyg20 is a glorious beacon of lightDonnyg20 is a glorious beacon of lightDonnyg20 is a glorious beacon of light
Not Ranked  0 score     

I second the General GMAX, my wife daily drove her Genesis coupe with GMAX's on a staggered set up 245/40/19 and 225/40/19 up front and she never got stuck in the 3 Wisconsin winters she drove it through.
Donnyg20 is offline   Reply With Quote
 Old 12-17-2015, 09:05 PM   #23

ibcrusn is the leader of the worldibcrusn is the leader of the worldibcrusn is the leader of the worldibcrusn is the leader of the worldibcrusn is the leader of the worldibcrusn is the leader of the worldibcrusn is the leader of the worldibcrusn is the leader of the worldibcrusn is the leader of the worldibcrusn is the leader of the worldibcrusn is the leader of the world
Not Ranked  0 score     

Ditto on the DWS06, they've worked well on the wif's RWD Merc in shitty ice/snow.

I'm happy with my Pilot Sport A/S 3 in the same ice/snow mess.

Drive like a sane person and virtually any brand name all season will be fine for the amount of snow you might get in NC.

Strive for perfection in everything. Take the best that exists and make it better.
If it doesn't exist, create it. Accept nothing nearly right or good enough.
Sir Henry Royce

ibcrusn is offline   Reply With Quote
 Old 12-19-2015, 12:46 PM   #24

SSMS3 will become famous soon enough
Not Ranked  0 score     

+4 Conti DWS

Pretty impressive in the snow for uhp all seasons from my experience.
You'll notice the soft sidewalls when cornering but they also ride pretty well because of that.
 Old 12-19-2015, 02:38 PM   #25

mituc is the leader of the worldmituc is the leader of the worldmituc is the leader of the worldmituc is the leader of the worldmituc is the leader of the worldmituc is the leader of the worldmituc is the leader of the worldmituc is the leader of the worldmituc is the leader of the worldmituc is the leader of the worldmituc is the leader of the world
Thanked 2,116 Times in 1,223 Posts
Groans: 111
Groaned at 17 Times in 14 Posts
Not Ranked  0 score     

Michelin Crossclimate, if you have them available there.
Bilstein B12 + CS Camber plates + Eibach camber arms, SSR Type-F, Michelin PS4 225/40/R18, Cobb RMM, StopTech Street Pads + Stoptech Slotted disks, SouthBend Enduro Stage3 clutch, genpu TMM + CS Insert, TheSpeedLine 2X Rear Cross Floor and Rear Middle Lower Strut bars, Tanabe 4 Point Under Brace, Whiteline Bumpsteeer corection kit
JBR Tru-3" + CS CAI Box, SU TMIC, Cobb XLE, NGK LTR7IX, UR v3 catted DP and res&catted TP, Cobb CatBack, GS EBCS, Autotech internals, GTX3071, CS 3.5BAR, Guardian Angel, CoolingMist WMI, VCTS Delete, stock ported IM
SP63 87.5mm 4032 9.5:1 pistons, Manley rods, CA625+ head studs, Clevite AL main bearings, King rod bearings, CP-e safe seals, DCR VVT, Koyorad radiator.
StratiVersaTuned FTW to 28PSI, self-tuned to 32PSI

2008 Icy Blue Mazda CX7 6 Speed Manual
SU TMIC, Autotech HPFP internals, Cobb XLE, Cobb EBCS
GTX2867R gen2, stock spark plugs, stock intake, stock cats and stock exhaust FTW
self-Versatuned to 22PSI
mituc is offline   Reply With Quote
 Old 12-19-2015, 02:47 PM   #26

ToyCop has a reputation beyond reputeToyCop has a reputation beyond reputeToyCop has a reputation beyond reputeToyCop has a reputation beyond reputeToyCop has a reputation beyond reputeToyCop has a reputation beyond reputeToyCop has a reputation beyond reputeToyCop has a reputation beyond reputeToyCop has a reputation beyond reputeToyCop has a reputation beyond reputeToyCop has a reputation beyond repute
Not Ranked  0 score     

Another vote for the Yokohama YK580. Handled a Michigan winter pretty well, but I bought dedicated snow tires the following season.
ToyCop is offline   Reply With Quote
 Old 12-19-2015, 02:47 PM   #27

akurma is the leader of the worldakurma is the leader of the worldakurma is the leader of the worldakurma is the leader of the worldakurma is the leader of the worldakurma is the leader of the worldakurma is the leader of the worldakurma is the leader of the worldakurma is the leader of the worldakurma is the leader of the worldakurma is the leader of the world
Groaned at 2 Times in 1 Post
Not Ranked  0 score     

been running continental DWS for a year and a half now in Pennsylvania , tread still looks brand new and holds its own in 6 inches of snow. They have updated the DWS to DWS06 now, curious to try a set of those
akurma is offline   Reply With Quote
 Old 01-01-2016, 09:32 AM   #28
AJS

AJS has a spectacular aura aboutAJS has a spectacular aura about
Not Ranked  0 score     

Been running the bfg comp a/s for about 2k miles. good wet weather traction, quiet and way better than the stock dunlops. Price was good along with rebate made them a steal (~250 installed after rebate)
AJS is offline   Reply With Quote
 Old 01-01-2016, 09:58 AM   #29

taf0422 is the leader of the worldtaf0422 is the leader of the worldtaf0422 is the leader of the worldtaf0422 is the leader of the worldtaf0422 is the leader of the worldtaf0422 is the leader of the worldtaf0422 is the leader of the worldtaf0422 is the leader of the worldtaf0422 is the leader of the worldtaf0422 is the leader of the worldtaf0422 is the leader of the world
Thanked 4,709 Times in 2,017 Posts
Groans: 192
Groaned at 24 Times in 20 Posts
Not Ranked  0 score     

I have the DSW on the car now and have for over 3 years. Tires just last and last, good in all conditions.

You can feel the roll of the tires if you take a turn hard. I've been trying to abuse them for sometime now and they just wont die. Lol.

[SIZE="1"]07 MS3 GT..
Engine:Cobb V3,GTX3076r EWG,Wiseco Pistons/Manley Rods, L19's,JMF, Bosch 3.5bar MAP,CS cat-back,M2 DP, full race manifold,FP internals,FREEK 4",CP-E flange HKS,DO Stage II ss lines,Cobb piping,TR8L,MD RMM&TMM,JBR RSB & FSB,JBR SST,JBR knob,ACT 6puck,JBR EGR delete,CPE Seals,Grimmspeed EBC,JBR BSD,MD Catch Can.Looks:yellow lamin-x fogs,chrome turn signals,side moldings removed,20% tint,CS wheelSuspension/Wheels:Enkei RPF1 17x9,Eibach 5mm spaces H&R springs,koni yellows.

GTX3076r --- 479/412
S4-460/400
Highest HP BNR S3
BNR-S3 424/397
taf0422 is offline   Reply With Quote
 Old 01-08-2016, 03:38 PM   #30

AJsMS3 is the leader of the worldAJsMS3 is the leader of the worldAJsMS3 is the leader of the worldAJsMS3 is the leader of the worldAJsMS3 is the leader of the worldAJsMS3 is the leader of the worldAJsMS3 is the leader of the worldAJsMS3 is the leader of the worldAJsMS3 is the leader of the worldAJsMS3 is the leader of the worldAJsMS3 is the leader of the world
Not Ranked  0 score     

I had the Conti DWS and they were awesome, but switched to Nitto Motivo, still have yet to see how the Nitto's do in the snow.
CS TIP
CS RMM
Cobb AP V2
CS Race Pipe
CPE TMIC
AutoTech Internals
Freek Tuned
AJsMS3 is offline   Reply With Quote
 Old 01-08-2016, 03:50 PM   #31

Biggus Dealius is an unknown quantity at this point
Not Ranked  0 score     

Do the DWS06 tires have a little lip that comes out and protects the edge of the rim like the OEM Dunlops?
Biggus Dealius is offline   Reply With Quote
 Old 01-08-2016, 04:41 PM   #32

SuckSqueezBangBlow has a reputation beyond reputeSuckSqueezBangBlow has a reputation beyond reputeSuckSqueezBangBlow has a reputation beyond reputeSuckSqueezBangBlow has a reputation beyond reputeSuckSqueezBangBlow has a reputation beyond reputeSuckSqueezBangBlow has a reputation beyond reputeSuckSqueezBangBlow has a reputation beyond reputeSuckSqueezBangBlow has a reputation beyond reputeSuckSqueezBangBlow has a reputation beyond reputeSuckSqueezBangBlow has a reputation beyond reputeSuckSqueezBangBlow has a reputation beyond repute
Groans: 3
Groaned at 8 Times in 6 Posts
Not Ranked  0 score     

Michelin Pilot Super Sports are great all around tires. Just slapped some on last night... need to update sig.
robbspeed (01-08-2016)
 Old 01-08-2016, 05:29 PM   #33
Raider is mah Homie

Easter Bunny is the leader of the worldEaster Bunny is the leader of the worldEaster Bunny is the leader of the worldEaster Bunny is the leader of the worldEaster Bunny is the leader of the worldEaster Bunny is the leader of the worldEaster Bunny is the leader of the worldEaster Bunny is the leader of the worldEaster Bunny is the leader of the worldEaster Bunny is the leader of the worldEaster Bunny is the leader of the world
Thanked 14,694 Times in 4,613 Posts
Groans: 2,978
Groaned at 94 Times in 82 Posts
Not Ranked  0 score     

Most everyone in Maryland runs DWS.
scepterspainbey likes this.

I hugged rfinkle2
Easter Bunny is offline   Reply With Quote
 Old 01-08-2016, 05:38 PM   #34

thrisnospork has a reputation beyond reputethrisnospork has a reputation beyond reputethrisnospork has a reputation beyond reputethrisnospork has a reputation beyond reputethrisnospork has a reputation beyond reputethrisnospork has a reputation beyond reputethrisnospork has a reputation beyond reputethrisnospork has a reputation beyond reputethrisnospork has a reputation beyond reputethrisnospork has a reputation beyond reputethrisnospork has a reputation beyond repute
Not Ranked  0 score     

Originally Posted by Biggus Dealius View Post
Do the DWS06 tires have a little lip that comes out and protects the edge of the rim like the OEM Dunlops?

These are 235/50/17 on an 8 inch wide wheel, doesn't look like a lip to me but the sidewall definitely sticks out farther than the wheel

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk
thrisnospork is offline   Reply With Quote
 Old 01-09-2016, 11:38 AM   #35

ibcrusn is the leader of the worldibcrusn is the leader of the worldibcrusn is the leader of the worldibcrusn is the leader of the worldibcrusn is the leader of the worldibcrusn is the leader of the worldibcrusn is the leader of the worldibcrusn is the leader of the worldibcrusn is the leader of the worldibcrusn is the leader of the worldibcrusn is the leader of the world
Not Ranked  0 score     

Originally Posted by Biggus Dealius View Post
They do but not as pronounced as some other brands and it'll depend on the wheel width. Here's a 225/40/18 on a Merc 18x8.

Strive for perfection in everything. Take the best that exists and make it better.
If it doesn't exist, create it. Accept nothing nearly right or good enough.
Sir Henry Royce

ibcrusn is offline   Reply With Quote
 Old 01-12-2016, 09:03 PM   #36

rockthebeats is a splendid one to beholdrockthebeats is a splendid one to beholdrockthebeats is a splendid one to beholdrockthebeats is a splendid one to beholdrockthebeats is a splendid one to beholdrockthebeats is a splendid one to beholdrockthebeats is a splendid one to behold
Not Ranked  0 score     

Originally Posted by Finchee View Post
If the Continental DWS06 are too expensive for you, then yeah I would suggest the BFGoodrich G-Force Comp-2 A/S.
Wondering if you purchased tires yet. I went with the BFG G-Force Comp-2 A/S's and they do great in all conditions. Went through 6 inches of snow Thanksgiving weekend and had no problems.
rockthebeats is offline   Reply With Quote
 Old 01-13-2016, 05:00 AM   #37

(Thread Starter)
Not Ranked  0 score     

Originally Posted by rockthebeats View Post
Wondering if you purchased tires yet. I went with the BFG G-Force Comp-2 A/S's and they do great in all conditions. Went through 6 inches of snow Thanksgiving weekend and had no problems.
Yea, I went with the BFGs. I thought I posted that... Oh well. But they have been awesome so far. Snow really isn't an issue for me. If it snows enough here to stick to the road, we don't drive anywhere anyways.

Freektuned 350/365
 Old 01-13-2016, 08:23 AM   #38

Finchee has a reputation beyond reputeFinchee has a reputation beyond reputeFinchee has a reputation beyond reputeFinchee has a reputation beyond reputeFinchee has a reputation beyond reputeFinchee has a reputation beyond reputeFinchee has a reputation beyond reputeFinchee has a reputation beyond reputeFinchee has a reputation beyond reputeFinchee has a reputation beyond reputeFinchee has a reputation beyond repute
Not Ranked  0 score     

Originally Posted by rockthebeats View Post
Not really sure if you were asking me or OP. Anyway, I'm getting DWS06 tires installed this weekend. I picked the DWS06 mainly for its ride quality (ranked highest in ride comfort/noise) and wet weather performance. The soft sidewalls also supposedly help with straight line traction, so we'll see how it goes.

Autotech Fuel Pump Internals
Cobb Accessport V3
Continental ExtremeContact DWS06
CorkSport SRI, TIP
CP-E xFlex Stage 1 65A Rear Motor Mount
Damond Motorsports Short Shift Plate
ETS TMIC
James Barone Racing Thermal Insulating Throttle Body Gasket & Coolant Bypass Kit
Magnaflow CBE
NGK Iridium IX Step Colder Plugs

Dizzy Tune in progress...

Finchee is offline   Reply With Quote
 Old 01-13-2016, 08:39 AM   #39

MazdaspeedKills is the leader of the worldMazdaspeedKills is the leader of the worldMazdaspeedKills is the leader of the worldMazdaspeedKills is the leader of the worldMazdaspeedKills is the leader of the worldMazdaspeedKills is the leader of the worldMazdaspeedKills is the leader of the worldMazdaspeedKills is the leader of the worldMazdaspeedKills is the leader of the worldMazdaspeedKills is the leader of the worldMazdaspeedKills is the leader of the world
Groans: 4
Groaned at 7 Times in 4 Posts
Not Ranked  0 score     

Originally Posted by Finchee View Post
I can attest to both of these tires as I just finished with my DWS's and installed the Comp-2 A/S. Overall, the DSW's are more expensive and a much quieter tire. In terms of grip, in the dry the Comp-2 A/S outperform the DWS's. DWS's like to squeal in tight turns but you hear alot more overall road noise (aka road hum) with the Comp-2's. In the wet/snow, DWS's outperform the Comp-2's.

If these tires were in the same price range, I would go with DWS's. Tire Rack was running a special on the DWS's that made them more affordable when I originally purchased. Ultimately, it comes down to personal preference and what kind of hit you're willing to take on your wallet..
'06 MS6: BNR S3//CP-E FMIC//Forge V3/CP-E Nano Intake//TIP//DNP Swain Tech Coated Exhaust Mani//CP-E Catted Swain Tech Coated DP//Magnaflow CBE//CP-E RMM & TT Rear Diff Mount//PnP & Coated Intake Mani// VCTS and EGR delete//GS EBCS//3 Bar MAP//RMM//SafeSeals//PT-P FP Internals//TWM Stage II STS//SSP//Saikou Michi OCC//Snow Stage 2 WMI w/ D07 nozzle//Cobb AP V3//RICH TUNE!//Stoptech Slotted Rotors and EBC RedStuff Pads//H&R springs w/spacers//Bilsteins//SPC Balljoints//AeroForce ScanGauge & WideBand//Snow Performance WMI Failsafe & Guardian Angel//Morimoto HID Projector Upgrade//Hella HID Fogs

MazdaspeedKills is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to MazdaspeedKills For This Useful Post:
Finchee (01-13-2016), rockthebeats (01-13-2016), TheProYodler (02-14-2016)
 Old 01-13-2016, 09:09 AM   #40

Shwaykid is the leader of the worldShwaykid is the leader of the worldShwaykid is the leader of the worldShwaykid is the leader of the worldShwaykid is the leader of the worldShwaykid is the leader of the worldShwaykid is the leader of the worldShwaykid is the leader of the worldShwaykid is the leader of the worldShwaykid is the leader of the worldShwaykid is the leader of the world
Groaned at 1 Time in 1 Post
Not Ranked  0 score     

They aren't all season rated... but the Sumitomo HTR Z IIIs I have are great. For the money, you can't beat them, and they have pretty good ratings on Tire Rack.

My personal experience, I got caught in the I10 highway closures in West Texas right before New Year's. Closure was due to snow and iced over roads. After being stranded for 13 hours on the highway, I had to ice crawl in my lowered speed for a couple hours. The tires never felt like they were going to break loose.

Essentially, I saw almost every weather condition (slush, snow, rain, sunny, freezing temps, ice) in 24 hours and never felt sketched by any of it.

JBR TRU 3.5 Aluminum WP // Corksport TBE // JBR OCC Stage 2 // AP v3 (Tweaked [by me] E40 Tune) // Autotech Internals // Stratified EBCS // TWM Full Replacement w/ Type R Knob // CP-e Stage 2 RMM // JBR/Damond Full EGR Delete // Synchronic DV // NGK 6510s // FMIC [TR8 w/ JBR Pipes] // CorkSport Adjustable Struts/Lowering Springs // Progress RSB

Jet Black Wax (06/24/2017)
Better compression than Silaramic (02/20/2016)
Shwaykid is offline   Reply With Quote