register gallery

Go Back   Mazdaspeed Forums >
MAZDASPEED SECTION
>
Mazdaspeed 3 MZR Gen2 Forums (2010-2013)
> 2010 MS3 - Wheels & Tires

Welcome to Mazdaspeed Forums .

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

*When you join MSF as a registered user, there will be No Ads.

*Registered Members get access to the Off Topic Area of the Forum

*Registered Members have an opportunity to upgrade their accounts to VIP, which brings a host of goddies for supporting MSF such as Raffles, Additional Forum Access, More PM Storage, The ability to upload more Images and many other enhancements.

*Registered members also get access to the live chat box!

Bookmark and Share LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
 Old 04-08-2015, 12:32 PM   #1

Snapple415 has a spectacular aura aboutSnapple415 has a spectacular aura about
Groans: 0
Groaned at 0 Times in 0 Posts
(Thread Starter)
Not Ranked  0 score     
Default Opinion on Wheels

I can't decide which would look nicer on the car...

these or..
these.

Opinions? I find the first set to be extremely unique as I haven't seen them anywhere before. the first set is 21 lbs a wheel. the 2nd is 19 lbs a wheel. They're a local manufacturer so they're not expensive at all!
Snapple415 is offline   Reply With Quote
 Old 04-08-2015, 01:07 PM   #2

hollar1211 has a reputation beyond reputehollar1211 has a reputation beyond reputehollar1211 has a reputation beyond reputehollar1211 has a reputation beyond reputehollar1211 has a reputation beyond reputehollar1211 has a reputation beyond reputehollar1211 has a reputation beyond reputehollar1211 has a reputation beyond reputehollar1211 has a reputation beyond reputehollar1211 has a reputation beyond reputehollar1211 has a reputation beyond repute
Groaned at 1 Time in 1 Post
Not Ranked  0 score     

I vote #2 , 3 lbs lighter and nicer imo. The first ones are unique though.
Freek Tuned e33: Cobb AP, Autotech Internals, UR Test Pipe, CPE TMIC, JBR Power Path Stage 2 SRI-TIP/ Short Shifter/ Solid Shifter Bushings/ Heavy Shift Knob/ 88 Duro RMM/ EGR Delete & Block Off Plate/ Throttle Body TIG, NGK IX 6510, 18x8 +35 Drag DR-49
hollar1211 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to hollar1211 For This Useful Post:
tooslow10 (04-09-2015)
 Old 04-08-2015, 01:55 PM   #3

nekret is the leader of the worldnekret is the leader of the worldnekret is the leader of the worldnekret is the leader of the worldnekret is the leader of the worldnekret is the leader of the worldnekret is the leader of the worldnekret is the leader of the worldnekret is the leader of the worldnekret is the leader of the worldnekret is the leader of the world
Not Ranked  0 score     

Originally Posted by hollar1211 View Post
I vote #2 , 3 lbs lighter and nicer imo. The first ones are unique though.
+1

Also who makes these?
CorkSport 3.5" MAF & TIP | CP-E FMIC | Synapse BPV | CorkSport EBCS (Interrupt) | Bosch 3 bar MAP | CorkSport HPFP Internals | CP-E Catted Downpipe | CP-E Triton 3" CBE | JBR Stage 2 OCC | Kozmic Primary EGR Delete | JBR Secondary EGR delete | NGK 6510 | TB coolant Bypass | JBR IM & TB Gaskets | Damond RMM, PMM, & TMM | JBR light shift weight | TWM Full Replacement Shifter | Cobb AccessPort V3 | FreekTune

Chassis
JBR Front & Rear Sway Bars | JBR Billet Rear Sway Bar Brackets | Whiteline Adjustable Front&Rear sway bar links | JBR Coilovers | Corksport BBK | Corksport Lower Tie Bar | Corksport Mid Chasis Brace

Rice
LED bumper reflectors | Morimoto LED Fog lights | VLEDs LED Highbeams | Independent Fogs | AP Engine & HPFP cover | CorkSport Pulleys | Corksport Leather Shift Knob | Corksport Steering Wheel | Damond front plate mount | Lukas LK-9750 2ch dashcam | Eonon GA7163 | thespeedline.com blue mirrors | thespeedline.com hood dampers

nekret is offline   Reply With Quote
 Old 04-08-2015, 05:01 PM   #4

(Thread Starter)
Not Ranked  0 score     

A company called Fast.

http://www.fastwheels.ca/

That's the only close to "real" picture I could find of the first wheel. The uniqueness really attracts me.

Randomly found these too which i find epic.

Last edited by Snapple415; 04-08-2015 at 05:01 PM. Reason: MSF Database - Automerged Doublepost
 Old 04-08-2015, 05:27 PM   #5

kicksonfiyah92 is a splendid one to beholdkicksonfiyah92 is a splendid one to beholdkicksonfiyah92 is a splendid one to beholdkicksonfiyah92 is a splendid one to beholdkicksonfiyah92 is a splendid one to beholdkicksonfiyah92 is a splendid one to beholdkicksonfiyah92 is a splendid one to behold
Groans: 4
Groaned at 6 Times in 3 Posts
Not Ranked  0 score     

2nd set is nicer
 Old 04-08-2015, 05:38 PM   #6

nilashish is the leader of the worldnilashish is the leader of the worldnilashish is the leader of the worldnilashish is the leader of the worldnilashish is the leader of the worldnilashish is the leader of the worldnilashish is the leader of the worldnilashish is the leader of the worldnilashish is the leader of the worldnilashish is the leader of the worldnilashish is the leader of the world
Groans: 17
Groaned at 10 Times in 6 Posts
Not Ranked  0 score     

Fast makes decent wheels. I prefer the second set as well. Those are actually reps of HRE P101 wheels. What size are you looking at?
nilashish is offline   Reply With Quote
 Old 04-08-2015, 07:03 PM   #7

ibcrusn is the leader of the worldibcrusn is the leader of the worldibcrusn is the leader of the worldibcrusn is the leader of the worldibcrusn is the leader of the worldibcrusn is the leader of the worldibcrusn is the leader of the worldibcrusn is the leader of the worldibcrusn is the leader of the worldibcrusn is the leader of the worldibcrusn is the leader of the world
Groaned at 2 Times in 2 Posts
Not Ranked  0 score     

I vote the 2nd, looks similar to Vorsteiner Wheels V-FF 103's

V-FF 103 | Vorsteiner Wheels

Strive for perfection in everything. Take the best that exists and make it better.
If it doesn't exist, create it. Accept nothing nearly right or good enough.
Sir Henry Royce

ibcrusn is offline   Reply With Quote
 Old 04-08-2015, 08:08 PM   #8

(Thread Starter)
Not Ranked  0 score     

I just bought 235/40R18 tires. They come in 18x8, 18x9, or 18x10. I don't know much about offset (they come in either +30 or +40) and such as i'm new to aftermarket wheels.

But I do know that I plan on staying on stock suspension and would rather not roll my fenders. Would like to go as aggressive as I can with the set up though
 Old 04-08-2015, 08:21 PM   #9

attomica has a reputation beyond reputeattomica has a reputation beyond reputeattomica has a reputation beyond reputeattomica has a reputation beyond reputeattomica has a reputation beyond reputeattomica has a reputation beyond reputeattomica has a reputation beyond reputeattomica has a reputation beyond reputeattomica has a reputation beyond reputeattomica has a reputation beyond reputeattomica has a reputation beyond repute
Groans: 1
Groaned at 14 Times in 5 Posts
Not Ranked  0 score     

Another vote for the 2nd set.
attomica is offline   Reply With Quote
 Old 04-09-2015, 01:28 PM   #10

(Thread Starter)
Not Ranked  0 score     

It seems that +40 offset is too low and will rub unfortunately.. So will have to look for another wheel
 Old 04-09-2015, 06:26 PM   #11

hollar1211 has a reputation beyond reputehollar1211 has a reputation beyond reputehollar1211 has a reputation beyond reputehollar1211 has a reputation beyond reputehollar1211 has a reputation beyond reputehollar1211 has a reputation beyond reputehollar1211 has a reputation beyond reputehollar1211 has a reputation beyond reputehollar1211 has a reputation beyond reputehollar1211 has a reputation beyond reputehollar1211 has a reputation beyond repute
Not Ranked  0 score     

I just sold a set of 18x8 +40 with 225-40 and they never rubbed, don't be afraid of the +40 offset. Plus, most fender rollers charge about $20 per fender, and you only need to do the rears.
Freek Tuned e33: Cobb AP, Autotech Internals, UR Test Pipe, CPE TMIC, JBR Power Path Stage 2 SRI-TIP/ Short Shifter/ Solid Shifter Bushings/ Heavy Shift Knob/ 88 Duro RMM/ EGR Delete & Block Off Plate/ Throttle Body TIG, NGK IX 6510, 18x8 +35 Drag DR-49
hollar1211 is offline   Reply With Quote
 Old 04-09-2015, 06:42 PM   #12

(Thread Starter)
Not Ranked  0 score     

I'm gonna be running 235/40R18 (if that makes any difference). I just really want to avoid the hassle of rolling. I spoke to someone at 1010tires and they told me the wheel would rub against the caliper from the front... Found that extremely surprising :S
 Old 04-09-2015, 06:56 PM   #13

nilashish is the leader of the worldnilashish is the leader of the worldnilashish is the leader of the worldnilashish is the leader of the worldnilashish is the leader of the worldnilashish is the leader of the worldnilashish is the leader of the worldnilashish is the leader of the worldnilashish is the leader of the worldnilashish is the leader of the worldnilashish is the leader of the world
Groans: 17
Groaned at 10 Times in 6 Posts
Not Ranked  0 score     

Originally Posted by Snapple415 View Post
I'm gonna be running 235/40R18 (if that makes any difference). I just really want to avoid the hassle of rolling. I spoke to someone at 1010tires and they told me the wheel would rub against the caliper from the front... Found that extremely surprising :S
LOL what?? +40 means it will be closer to the fenders than factory spec (which is +52 offset). I think +40 is doable especially with 235/40 on a 18x8 wheel.

Custom rims, wheel tire packages for your ride - RIMSnTIRES.com

Go on above link and check out different setups.
nilashish is offline   Reply With Quote
 Old 04-09-2015, 11:17 PM   #14

The General has a reputation beyond reputeThe General has a reputation beyond reputeThe General has a reputation beyond reputeThe General has a reputation beyond reputeThe General has a reputation beyond reputeThe General has a reputation beyond reputeThe General has a reputation beyond reputeThe General has a reputation beyond reputeThe General has a reputation beyond reputeThe General has a reputation beyond reputeThe General has a reputation beyond repute
Not Ranked  0 score     

I have +40 with 235/40r18 wrapping. Rolled the rears and just graze the bumper tabs on dips. Depending on your brand of rubber, the actual tread width can vary a bit so keep that in mind.

Willtheyfit.com is a great tool to compare different wheel specs against each other. When you start playing with wheel widths, offsets, spacers, sometimes all the numbers jumble together after a while, so it's nice to actually see a comparison. It also gives you a rough idea how the tire will sit on the rim too.

The first set are unique and you won't see anything too similar out the road. The more I look at them, the more I dig them.
 Old 04-10-2015, 09:55 AM   #15

(Thread Starter)
Not Ranked  0 score     

You are GEN1 I believe. Gen 2 have more room from what i've been reading. It's hard to find a definitive answer, some say it will rub some say there will be no problem.

I Might end up going with the first set just to be safe.
 Old 04-10-2015, 01:23 PM   #16

The General has a reputation beyond reputeThe General has a reputation beyond reputeThe General has a reputation beyond reputeThe General has a reputation beyond reputeThe General has a reputation beyond reputeThe General has a reputation beyond reputeThe General has a reputation beyond reputeThe General has a reputation beyond reputeThe General has a reputation beyond reputeThe General has a reputation beyond reputeThe General has a reputation beyond repute
Not Ranked  0 score     

Ya I forgot about the extra room with the pu's. I know it applies to the front clearances, can't remember about the rears. There's tons of fitment threads though that it's been addressed. Tires play a role in having no definitive or contradicting answers to the rubbing issues though.

Those wheels will look dope, but you really can't go wrong with either of those choices.
 Old 04-10-2015, 02:05 PM   #17

HighwayUFO is a jewel in the roughHighwayUFO is a jewel in the roughHighwayUFO is a jewel in the roughHighwayUFO is a jewel in the rough
Not Ranked  0 score     

My Advan wheels are 18x8.5 +38 and I'm rolling 245 40 tires with no rub anywhere. Flushed the gap on the fenders perfectly and with plenty of room everywhere in the wheel wells.
HighwayUFO is offline   Reply With Quote
 Old 04-11-2015, 04:06 PM   #18

(Thread Starter)
Not Ranked  0 score     

Are you saying 18x9 +40 would even fit on stock suspension without any modification? Reason being is because I could get a more concave look out of the wheels
 Old 04-11-2015, 05:52 PM   #19

tparker14 has a reputation beyond reputetparker14 has a reputation beyond reputetparker14 has a reputation beyond reputetparker14 has a reputation beyond reputetparker14 has a reputation beyond reputetparker14 has a reputation beyond reputetparker14 has a reputation beyond reputetparker14 has a reputation beyond reputetparker14 has a reputation beyond reputetparker14 has a reputation beyond reputetparker14 has a reputation beyond repute
Groans: 3
Not Ranked  0 score     

Originally Posted by Snapple415 View Post
Are you saying 18x9 +40 would even fit on stock suspension without any modification? Reason being is because I could get a more concave look out of the wheels
I think it would be close but if anything a slight roll to the rears.

And my vote goes to the third bronze set.
tparker14 is offline   Reply With Quote
 Old 04-24-2015, 08:27 PM   #20

(Thread Starter)
Not Ranked  0 score     

No rubbing!! 18x9 +40. it would probably rub if i were to drop the car but for now. i'm golden! I just got them installed tonight but they look mean! Will get better pics soon.

I was thinking of getting different colour lug nuts. Any ideas? Gold? Neochrome?
The Following User Says Thank You to Snapple415 For This Useful Post:
The General (04-26-2015)
 Old 04-25-2015, 04:25 PM   #21

Jankster has a brilliant futureJankster has a brilliant futureJankster has a brilliant futureJankster has a brilliant futureJankster has a brilliant futureJankster has a brilliant futureJankster has a brilliant futureJankster has a brilliant futureJankster has a brilliant futureJankster has a brilliant futureJankster has a brilliant future
Not Ranked  0 score     

^That looks good man! Where did you order the wheels from?
 Old 04-25-2015, 05:27 PM   #22

(Thread Starter)
Not Ranked  0 score     

A local shop. I weighed the wheels and they were 18.5 lbs each =) And they only cost me 215$ each brand new!