register gallery

Go Back   Mazdaspeed Forums >
MAZDASPEED SECTION
>
Mazdaspeed 3 MZR Gen2 Forums (2010-2013)
> 2010 MS3 - Wheels & Tires

Welcome to Mazdaspeed Forums .

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

*When you join MSF as a registered user, there will be No Ads.

*Registered Members get access to the Off Topic Area of the Forum

*Registered Members have an opportunity to upgrade their accounts to VIP, which brings a host of goddies for supporting MSF such as Raffles, Additional Forum Access, More PM Storage, The ability to upload more Images and many other enhancements.

*Registered members also get access to the live chat box!
Like Tree5Likes
  • 1 Post By Neverlift
  • 1 Post By MikeBavaro
  • 1 Post By KiwiFlavor
  • 1 Post By Silaramic
  • 1 Post By MS3Shadow

Bookmark and Share LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
 Old 09-21-2016, 11:10 AM   #1

michaelhanson96 will become famous soon enoughmichaelhanson96 will become famous soon enough
Groans: 0
Groaned at 9 Times in 3 Posts
(Thread Starter)
Not Ranked  0 score     
Default What rims & tires?

I have a 2012 mazdaspeed3 I want to get xxr 530 18x8.75 +33. But what tires do I put on any recommendations? I live in Southern California there isn't that much rain to worry about. Also will I have to get my fenders rolled? It will be on stock suspension when I first get them. I don't know much about rims and tires, that's why I decided to post about it, thanks for any feedback.
michaelhanson96 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say NO Thank You to michaelhanson96 For This Un-useful Post:
g00s3y (09-21-2016), Neverlift (09-21-2016), Vansquish (09-21-2016)
 Old 09-21-2016, 11:11 AM   #2

KiwiFlavor is the leader of the worldKiwiFlavor is the leader of the worldKiwiFlavor is the leader of the worldKiwiFlavor is the leader of the worldKiwiFlavor is the leader of the worldKiwiFlavor is the leader of the worldKiwiFlavor is the leader of the worldKiwiFlavor is the leader of the worldKiwiFlavor is the leader of the worldKiwiFlavor is the leader of the worldKiwiFlavor is the leader of the world
Thanked 1,539 Times in 941 Posts
Groans: 18
Groaned at 6 Times in 5 Posts
Not Ranked  0 score     

Sir, please change the term rims to wheels.

Also, Nitto NT05 or RE71 seem to be of choice.

BNR S3 - JBR Tru 3.0" - CP-E TMIC - Corksport catless DP - Corksport catted race pipe - Forge V2 - Autotech internals + AP v3 - Swift springs - Enkei RPF1 17x9 + 45 (5mm JBR spacers in the front) - Freektune 320/346
KiwiFlavor is offline   Reply With Quote
 Old 09-21-2016, 11:25 AM   #3

MikeBavaro has a brilliant futureMikeBavaro has a brilliant futureMikeBavaro has a brilliant futureMikeBavaro has a brilliant futureMikeBavaro has a brilliant futureMikeBavaro has a brilliant futureMikeBavaro has a brilliant futureMikeBavaro has a brilliant futureMikeBavaro has a brilliant futureMikeBavaro has a brilliant futureMikeBavaro has a brilliant future
Groans: 1
Groaned at 2 Times in 2 Posts
Not Ranked  0 score     

This the adress to the the best online wheel/tire size calculator that I have ever seen Custom rims, wheel tire packages for your ride - RIMSnTIRES.com
CS Short Throw-Whiteline Bushings-CS Rear Bar
1968 Mustang
Built 289 w/ factory heads
Built C4
Bulit 8" posi
Runs low 14's at 100 flat
MikeBavaro is offline   Reply With Quote
 Old 09-21-2016, 11:36 AM   #4

KiwiFlavor is the leader of the worldKiwiFlavor is the leader of the worldKiwiFlavor is the leader of the worldKiwiFlavor is the leader of the worldKiwiFlavor is the leader of the worldKiwiFlavor is the leader of the worldKiwiFlavor is the leader of the worldKiwiFlavor is the leader of the worldKiwiFlavor is the leader of the worldKiwiFlavor is the leader of the worldKiwiFlavor is the leader of the world
Not Ranked  0 score     

OP! Read this

The Ultimate "Will They Fit" Thread - Everything you need to know about wheels, spacers and tires for your MS

I myself used to own XXR 530s with the exact same specs. Let me tell you man, you're going to have to roll your fenders flat and cut bumper tabs. Read: A lot of work

BNR S3 - JBR Tru 3.0" - CP-E TMIC - Corksport catless DP - Corksport catted race pipe - Forge V2 - Autotech internals + AP v3 - Swift springs - Enkei RPF1 17x9 + 45 (5mm JBR spacers in the front) - Freektune 320/346
The Following User Says Thank You to KiwiFlavor For This Useful Post:
Thor Hammer (09-21-2016)
 Old 09-21-2016, 02:01 PM   #5

michaelhanson96 will become famous soon enoughmichaelhanson96 will become famous soon enough
(Thread Starter)
Not Ranked  0 score     

Originally Posted by KiwiFlavor View Post
OP! Read this

The Ultimate "Will They Fit" Thread - Everything you need to know about wheels, spacers and tires for your MS

I myself used to own XXR 530s with the exact same specs. Let me tell you man, you're going to have to roll your fenders flat and cut bumper tabs. Read: A lot of work
So in all honesty should I just get the xxr 530 18x7.5 +38? It has the same width as stock wheel which is 18x7.5 +52.5.
The Following 4 Users Say NO Thank You to michaelhanson96 For This Un-useful Post:
g00s3y (09-21-2016), stockms3 (09-21-2016), Thor Hammer (09-21-2016), Vansquish (09-21-2016)
 Old 09-21-2016, 02:11 PM   #6

Not Ranked  0 score     

Depends. With that offset and width, you will have less of a concave look.

Old 09-21-2016, 02:13 PM   #7

MikeBavaro has a brilliant futureMikeBavaro has a brilliant futureMikeBavaro has a brilliant futureMikeBavaro has a brilliant futureMikeBavaro has a brilliant futureMikeBavaro has a brilliant futureMikeBavaro has a brilliant futureMikeBavaro has a brilliant futureMikeBavaro has a brilliant futureMikeBavaro has a brilliant futureMikeBavaro has a brilliant future
Not Ranked  0 score     

Originally Posted by michaelhanson96 View Post
So in all honesty should I just get the xxr 530 18x7.5 +38? It has the same width as stock wheel which is 18x7.5 +52.5.
You are going to be 14.5mm closer to the brakes and suspension...... I would run spacers
1968 Mustang
Built C4
Bulit 8" posi
The Following User Says NO Thank You to MikeBavaro For This Un-useful Post:
Neverlift (09-21-2016)
 Old 09-21-2016, 02:16 PM   #8

Not Ranked  0 score     

Originally Posted by MikeBavaro View Post
You are going to be 14.5mm closer to the brakes and suspension...... I would run spacers

Uhh, with +38 offset he will move outwards. Closer to the fender.

The Following User Says Thank You to KiwiFlavor For This Useful Post:
PearlySpeed (09-21-2016)
 Old 09-21-2016, 02:17 PM   #9

(Thread Starter)
Not Ranked  0 score     

Are there any cons to spacers, I've heard any type of aggressive driving is not good on spacers. What do you think?
The Following 2 Users Say NO Thank You to michaelhanson96 For This Un-useful Post:
g00s3y (09-21-2016), Vansquish (09-21-2016)
 Old 09-21-2016, 02:18 PM   #10

Not Ranked  0 score     

Are there any cons to spacers, I've heard any type of aggressive driving is not good on spacers. What do you think?

You won't need spacers for that offset.

I use 5mm spacers. No problem. It's a problem if you use spacers that are bigger than 5mm without extended studs.

Old 09-21-2016, 02:19 PM   #11

Neverlift is the leader of the worldNeverlift is the leader of the worldNeverlift is the leader of the worldNeverlift is the leader of the worldNeverlift is the leader of the worldNeverlift is the leader of the worldNeverlift is the leader of the worldNeverlift is the leader of the worldNeverlift is the leader of the worldNeverlift is the leader of the worldNeverlift is the leader of the world
Thanked 6,370 Times in 2,494 Posts
Groans: 1,143
Groaned at 206 Times in 144 Posts
Neutral  -1 score     

Aggressive driving on quality hub centric spacers is perfectly fine should you have 12.9+ grade hardware installed. OEM wheels studs are not adequate for spacers + aggressive driving. With a lower offset, you will not need spacers. That is misinformation you can positively ignore. The wheel will be more flush with the body lines & fenders compared to stock.
michaelhanson96 likes this.
'06 MS6: COBB SRI/TIP//18x8 Enkei Imola//TooLateTuning Springs//SPC Balljoints//JBR RMM//Techna-Fit SS Clutch line
Bimmer Challenge & Global Time Attack Project
'99 BMW 328is: KW Variant3 w/ Vorshlag plates//AKG M3 Adj. Endlinks w/ 95 M3 FSB//18x9.5 +35 Advanti Optimo w/ 245/35 Hankook Z214 (C51)//E46 330i Front w/ Hawk DTC60 & E46 328i Rear w/ Hawk DTC50 & Hard Motorsport Ducting//Turner CTSCC Camber Arms//SLR Adjustable Lollipops//3 clutch 3.73 LSD//Welded 4 Point Gusseted X Brace Rollbar + Harness Bar//Sparco Ergo II w/ 6 point Schroth Clubman//Garagistic Delrin Motor & Trans Mounts, Rear Subframe, & Differential Bushings//OEM M3 Rear Subframe Reinforcement & Rear Trailing Arm Pocket Reinforcement//Z3 Steering Rack & Garagistic DSSR SSK//UUC Stage 2 Flywheel & M5 Clutch//S52 Camshafts w/ 7100 redline//M50 Intake Manifold//S50 Oilpan w/ VAC Baffle & Oil Filter Housing//CSF Radiator & Expansion Tank w/ Spal fan//3.5" MAF & Dinan CAI//#24 lb Injectors//VAC Fuel Starvation Kit//Active Autowerke GenII Header-back//OBD1 M52B28 w/ 230+whp
Neverlift is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Neverlift For This Useful Post:
anavrinIV (09-22-2016), KiwiFlavor (09-21-2016), Vansquish (09-21-2016)
 Old 09-21-2016, 02:21 PM   #12

Not Ranked  0 score     

Uhh, with +38 offset he will move outwards. Closer to the fender.
Its not 38mm more offset than stock.... its +38 compared to +52.5, a -14mm differential.
To answer your question OP, spacers can be an issue if you do not have enough thread engagement on your studs. as long as you have enough thread you should be good.
1968 Mustang
Built C4
Bulit 8" posi
 Old 09-21-2016, 02:25 PM   #13

Not Ranked  0 score     

This is what you posted.

I am well aware of how offset works man. How is a +38 going to be closer to the brake and suspension compared to +52?

Lower offset WILL bring the wheels outside and not inside.

Old 09-21-2016, 02:27 PM   #14

Not Ranked  0 score     

Wait..................... I done gone and went full retard. Its been a long day, My bad
1968 Mustang
Built C4
Bulit 8" posi
The Following User Says Thank You to MikeBavaro For This Useful Post:
KiwiFlavor (09-21-2016)
 Old 09-21-2016, 02:29 PM   #15

Neutral  +1 score     

Wait..................... I done gone and went full retard. Its been a long day, My bad

Lol we've all had that day.

Old 09-21-2016, 02:33 PM   #16

(Thread Starter)
Neutral  +1 score     

Thanks for the info and the great laugh.
The Following User Says Thank You to michaelhanson96 For This Useful Post:
KiwiFlavor (09-21-2016)
 Old 09-21-2016, 02:42 PM   #17

Not Ranked  0 score     

Thanks for the info and the great laugh.

Are you planning to lower your car at all? Will you have passengers a lot of time?

Old 09-21-2016, 02:43 PM   #18

(Thread Starter)
Not Ranked  0 score     

Are you planning to lower your car at all? Will you have passengers a lot of time?
Yea and yea.
 Old 09-21-2016, 02:46 PM   #19

Not Ranked  0 score     

Then if u dont want all the work, i'd suggest getting something 8" with +38 at the most. U're still going to have to roll your fenders but prob wont be as much as your first option

Old 09-21-2016, 02:50 PM   #20

(Thread Starter)
Not Ranked  0 score     

Then if u dont want all the work, i'd suggest getting something 8" with +38 at the most. U're still going to have to roll your fenders but prob wont be as much as your first option
So 18x8+38. And as far as rolling fenders you can roll the back fenders on the speed3 right? Because this dude on YouTube had his front rolled and they cut the back and it was a hack job. He had 18x8.5 on coils not sure on offset
KiwiFlavor (09-21-2016)
 Old 09-21-2016, 02:55 PM   #21

Not Ranked  0 score     

Yes. On that link i gave u, u will find that everyone if not most of them have their fenders rolled. You wont need to roll your front.

Old 09-21-2016, 04:34 PM   #22

(Thread Starter)
Not Ranked  0 score     

Yes. On that link i gave u, u will find that everyone if not most of them have their fenders rolled. You wont need to roll your front.
How about 18x8 +40
KiwiFlavor (09-21-2016)
 Old 09-21-2016, 05:14 PM   #23

Not Ranked  0 score     

Like i said, go to that link and see what people have. If i were you, I'd roll my fenders anyway.

Old 09-21-2016, 06:40 PM   #24

Donnyg20 is a glorious beacon of lightDonnyg20 is a glorious beacon of lightDonnyg20 is a glorious beacon of lightDonnyg20 is a glorious beacon of lightDonnyg20 is a glorious beacon of lightDonnyg20 is a glorious beacon of light
Groaned at 0 Times in 0 Posts
Not Ranked  0 score     

I have 18x8 et35 lowered on corksport springs on koni orange struts. I don't rub even with 4 people in the car. (No fender rolling done). I also run the stock tire size.
Donnyg20 is offline   Reply With Quote
 Old 09-21-2016, 08:47 PM   #25

Silaramic has much to be proud ofSilaramic has much to be proud ofSilaramic has much to be proud ofSilaramic has much to be proud ofSilaramic has much to be proud ofSilaramic has much to be proud ofSilaramic has much to be proud ofSilaramic has much to be proud ofSilaramic has much to be proud ofSilaramic has much to be proud of
Groaned at 0 Times in 0 Posts
Not Ranked  0 score     

So 18x8+38. And as far as rolling fenders you can roll the back fenders on the speed3 right? Because this dude on YouTube had his front rolled and they cut the back and it was a hack job. He had 18x8.5 on coils not sure on offset
You've got to be talking about Danny......hahah!
Silaramic is offline   Reply With Quote
 Old 09-21-2016, 09:13 PM   #26
Tachyonic Moderator

MS3Shadow is the leader of the worldMS3Shadow is the leader of the worldMS3Shadow is the leader of the worldMS3Shadow is the leader of the worldMS3Shadow is the leader of the worldMS3Shadow is the leader of the worldMS3Shadow is the leader of the worldMS3Shadow is the leader of the worldMS3Shadow is the leader of the worldMS3Shadow is the leader of the worldMS3Shadow is the leader of the world
Thanked 3,690 Times in 1,889 Posts
Groans: 283
Groaned at 20 Times in 16 Posts

Originally Posted by Silaramic View Post
Lol, with his ricelands. And said his speed 3 was AWD.

sent from my Nexus 6P
BNR S4, XSPower v3 Exhaust Manifold w/ Tial 44mm EWG Cobb accessport V3, Dizzy Tune in progress CP-e stage2 rmm, tmic, hpfp JBR boost tubes, Tru-3.5in Intake inside a Corksport Cold Air Box, Catless Downpipe & Racepipe, bypass hose, hood scoop, BPV, hood struts, stubby antenna, Aluminum Skid Plate, EBCS, 3.5BAR MAP Sensor, Magnaflow Catback Exhaust DM Full EGR Delete, Passenger Motor Mount, Transmission Motor Mount., Coolant Bypass, VTCS Delete, NGK ILTR6A-7G ,G-LOC R6 Brake pads and Centric High Carbon brake rotors Looks: 25% tint front, 5% back, Heat-blocking front windshield film Escort Passport Max360, RGBW Halos/Demon Eyes 20'' LED Light bar

Use my Updated Custom Google Search to search this forum since the advanced search here is broken
MS3Shadow is offline   Reply With Quote
 Old 09-21-2016, 10:27 PM   #27

(Thread Starter)
Not Ranked  0 score     

Originally Posted by Silaramic View Post
Yea that's who I'm reffering to.