register gallery

Go Back   Mazdaspeed Forums >
MAZDASPEED SECTION
>
Mazdaspeed 3 MZR Gen2 Forums (2010-2013)
> 2010 MS3 - Fuel, Nitrous & Water Injection

Welcome to Mazdaspeed Forums .

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

*When you join MSF as a registered user, there will be No Ads.

*Registered Members get access to the Off Topic Area of the Forum

*Registered Members have an opportunity to upgrade their accounts to VIP, which brings a host of goddies for supporting MSF such as Raffles, Additional Forum Access, More PM Storage, The ability to upload more Images and many other enhancements.

*Registered members also get access to the live chat box!
Like Tree4Likes

Bookmark and Share LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
 Old 01-20-2013, 08:13 PM   #481

jcutler0622 is a splendid one to beholdjcutler0622 is a splendid one to beholdjcutler0622 is a splendid one to beholdjcutler0622 is a splendid one to beholdjcutler0622 is a splendid one to beholdjcutler0622 is a splendid one to behold
Groans: 4
Groaned at 70 Times in 8 Posts
Not Ranked  0 score     

I have been reading for the past 2 hours. I know for most the answer might be simple. Honestly I am kinda heart broken as I was only going to mod on the light side CS CBE/CS SRI and turbo inlet/ racepipe and Forge BPV.

Am I at heavy danger if I drive this way for a couple months without upgrading internals. I have no way to log or and it will be 2-3 months before I can get some kind of data logger/HPFP Internals.

Should I take the intake and RP off until I can get the HPFP internals? Will the Forge BPV effect this in any way and am I safe to leave it on now?

Thanks guys for making the issue clear cut. I just need to be 110% sure I just bought the car last friday my wife would kill me if something went wrong this early. Thanks again.
 Old 01-20-2013, 08:29 PM   #482

motherfnmonsta is the leader of the worldmotherfnmonsta is the leader of the worldmotherfnmonsta is the leader of the worldmotherfnmonsta is the leader of the worldmotherfnmonsta is the leader of the worldmotherfnmonsta is the leader of the worldmotherfnmonsta is the leader of the worldmotherfnmonsta is the leader of the worldmotherfnmonsta is the leader of the worldmotherfnmonsta is the leader of the worldmotherfnmonsta is the leader of the world
Thanked 1,335 Times in 745 Posts
Groans: 106
Groaned at 22 Times in 19 Posts
Not Ranked  0 score     

race pipe and bpv will do nothing but giving you more sound. As far as the intake and tih it is your call I went for about a few months with just a cold air intake and a ap and just monitored my fuel pressure, to be honest if funds is a issue you can always sign up for me bill me later and purchase the internals that way, I would rather pay something off for 6 months instead of having to save money to purchase a new engine.
go fast- atp gt2871r,3bar map sensor,3port ebcs,freektune 4" wp intake,,jbr trilogy mount, turbosmart bov,cpe tmic,cpe cbe, UR catless DP, UR catless TP, autotech internals cobb ap v2, aem meth controller and pump, custom meth tank,snow solenoid and aquamist nozzle
suspension-c/s springs,c/s midbrace,jbr rsb, 235/40/18 nitto nt55

motherfnmonsta is offline   Reply With Quote
 Old 01-20-2013, 08:32 PM   #483

Zdraveca is the leader of the worldZdraveca is the leader of the worldZdraveca is the leader of the worldZdraveca is the leader of the worldZdraveca is the leader of the worldZdraveca is the leader of the worldZdraveca is the leader of the worldZdraveca is the leader of the worldZdraveca is the leader of the worldZdraveca is the leader of the worldZdraveca is the leader of the world
Thanked 2,748 Times in 1,432 Posts
Groans: 145
Groaned at 80 Times in 77 Posts
Not Ranked  0 score     

Originally Posted by motherfnmonsta View Post
race pipe and bpv will do nothing but giving you more sound. As far as the intake and tih it is your call I went for about a few months with just a cold air intake and a ap and just monitored my fuel pressure, to be honest if funds is a issue you can always sign up for me bill me later and purchase the internals that way, I would rather pay something off for 6 months instead of having to save money to purchase a new engine.
Testpipe is just for sound eh?
are you sure?
Sent from a GenPu
AEM Meth Injection, Cobb AP, HTP 3' Intake, KMD interals, Shitty FMIC, JBR 88d RMM, JBR 88d TMM, JBR TIG's x2, JBR BSD, JBR Short THrow Shifter, JBR shifter bushings, Corksport License Plate Bracket, Forge BPV v1, ATP Downpipe, UR Straightpipe Beast Mod, Progress RSB, Koni Yellows, Eibach Pro Kit, Kosei K1-TS Gold 17x8,
E85 FREEKTUNE
Zdraveca is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Zdraveca For This Useful Post:
Easter Bunny (01-21-2013), Hush (01-20-2013), KusteLokal (01-21-2013)
 Old 01-20-2013, 08:35 PM   #484

ASHMS3 is the leader of the worldASHMS3 is the leader of the worldASHMS3 is the leader of the worldASHMS3 is the leader of the worldASHMS3 is the leader of the worldASHMS3 is the leader of the worldASHMS3 is the leader of the worldASHMS3 is the leader of the worldASHMS3 is the leader of the worldASHMS3 is the leader of the worldASHMS3 is the leader of the world
Thanked 1,123 Times in 604 Posts
Groans: 126
Groaned at 5 Times in 3 Posts
Not Ranked  0 score     

If you don't have an AP, then you really don't know do you? You are probably fine, bit you don't know if you can't monitor.

Tappin'

'09 Red MS3 - AP self tuned, CS HPFP, JBR 3.5 WP, CP-e S2 RMM, M2 Catless DP, CX FMIC, CNT CBE
ASHMS3 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to ASHMS3 For This Useful Post:
jcutler0622 (01-20-2013)
 Old 01-20-2013, 08:37 PM   #485

motherfnmonsta is the leader of the worldmotherfnmonsta is the leader of the worldmotherfnmonsta is the leader of the worldmotherfnmonsta is the leader of the worldmotherfnmonsta is the leader of the worldmotherfnmonsta is the leader of the worldmotherfnmonsta is the leader of the worldmotherfnmonsta is the leader of the worldmotherfnmonsta is the leader of the worldmotherfnmonsta is the leader of the worldmotherfnmonsta is the leader of the world
Not Ranked  0 score     

Originally Posted by Zdraveca View Post
Testpipe is just for sound eh?
are you sure?
Sent from a GenPu
when mounted to the stock downpipe I would not think you would really see that much gain as you would if where mounted to a catless downpipe to be honest if I am wrong then oops and I am sorry.

But he should get internals before doing anything else especially with his vehicle being a 2010 and getting some age on it,no telling how much stress has been put on his stock internals
go fast- atp gt2871r,3bar map sensor,3port ebcs,freektune 4" wp intake,,jbr trilogy mount, turbosmart bov,cpe tmic,cpe cbe, UR catless DP, UR catless TP, autotech internals cobb ap v2, aem meth controller and pump, custom meth tank,snow solenoid and aquamist nozzle

Old 01-20-2013, 08:52 PM   #486

Zdraveca is the leader of the worldZdraveca is the leader of the worldZdraveca is the leader of the worldZdraveca is the leader of the worldZdraveca is the leader of the worldZdraveca is the leader of the worldZdraveca is the leader of the worldZdraveca is the leader of the worldZdraveca is the leader of the worldZdraveca is the leader of the worldZdraveca is the leader of the world
Not Ranked  0 score     

when mounted to the stock downpipe I would not think you would really see that much gain as you would if where mounted to a catless downpipe to be honest if I am wrong then oops and I am sorry.

But he should get internals before doing anything else especially with his vehicle being a 2010 and getting some age on it,no telling how much stress has been put on his stock internals
Blog : Does a downpipe make a difference on a stock turbo MazdaSpeed3? : Stratified Automotive Controls
AEM Meth Injection, Cobb AP, HTP 3' Intake, KMD interals, Shitty FMIC, JBR 88d RMM, JBR 88d TMM, JBR TIG's x2, JBR BSD, JBR Short THrow Shifter, JBR shifter bushings, Corksport License Plate Bracket, Forge BPV v1, ATP Downpipe, UR Straightpipe Beast Mod, Progress RSB, Koni Yellows, Eibach Pro Kit, Kosei K1-TS Gold 17x8,
E85 FREEKTUNE
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Zdraveca For This Useful Post:
Hush (01-20-2013), jcutler0622 (01-20-2013)
 Old 01-20-2013, 09:04 PM   #487

Hush is the leader of the worldHush is the leader of the worldHush is the leader of the worldHush is the leader of the worldHush is the leader of the worldHush is the leader of the worldHush is the leader of the worldHush is the leader of the worldHush is the leader of the worldHush is the leader of the worldHush is the leader of the world
Groans: 156
Groaned at 3 Times in 3 Posts
Not Ranked  0 score     

Originally Posted by jcutler0622 View Post
I have been reading for the past 2 hours. I know for most the answer might be simple. Honestly I am kinda heart broken as I was only going to mod on the light side CS CBE/CS SRI and turbo inlet/ racepipe and Forge BPV.

Am I at heavy danger if I drive this way for a couple months without upgrading internals. I have no way to log or and it will be 2-3 months before I can get some kind of data logger/HPFP Internals.

Just to be sure...when you say turbo inlet/ racepipe, these are two different things, TIP is attached to your SRI, the Racepipe replaces the mid-pipe and a catylitic converter just below the DP in the exhaust system.

Should I take the intake and RP off until I can get the HPFP internals? Will the Forge BPV effect this in any way and am I safe to leave it on now?

Thanks guys for making the issue clear cut. I just need to be 110% sure I just bought the car last friday my wife would kill me if something went wrong this early. Thanks again.
If I were in your shoes....I would take the RP off. Danger is unknown, without monitoring. You might be OK, you might be about to outrun the hpfp. I would tread lightly until I knew for sure, had an AP, and internals ready to go in.

Removing a cat is power gain.

-2012 CWP MS3 -
- COBB AP V2b - Autotech HPFP Internals - JBR 3.0 WP - CP-E TMIC - UR TP - NGK ILTR6A-8G # 3787 plugs - EGR delete - Bosch 3-bar TMap - DO WMI 50/50
- JBR RMM 88a - JBR PMM 70a + JBR TMM 70a - JBR OCC S2 - JBR SSP - JBR SSB - JBR RSB -
- Block8head single defrost pod - VDO Vision Boost Gauge - Maisonvi Custom Stainless Steel Ball Shift Knob -
- Self Tuning 91 octane of fail with 50/50 WMI of win -
Hush is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Hush For This Useful Post:
DingoDave (01-20-2013), Easter Bunny (01-21-2013), jcutler0622 (01-20-2013)
 Old 01-20-2013, 09:05 PM   #488

jcutler0622 is a splendid one to beholdjcutler0622 is a splendid one to beholdjcutler0622 is a splendid one to beholdjcutler0622 is a splendid one to beholdjcutler0622 is a splendid one to beholdjcutler0622 is a splendid one to behold
Not Ranked  0 score     

So I am going to take the intake off after reading this. Thanks guys. Should I be good with the catless racepipe ( which I know I will see gains from) I did on my previous ms3 gen1's x3.

So untill I get AP and HPFP internals I would be safe running catless RP, CBE and forge bpv right? Or should I wait.

The car has been babied. I know it is 2010. But with only 16k miles on it. All service records, owned by an old man. The car is clean.

suggestions would be great! Thanks guys!
 Old 01-20-2013, 09:05 PM   #489

Not Ranked  0 score     

ya that is for downpipe bro, the guy above mentioned a race pipe which is the mid pipe or some people call a test pipe, that replaces the second catalytic converter, but either way he needs to get something monitor his shit or upgrade the internals, dont want to turn this into a pissing contest or anything so do not take offense to anything I am saying.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to motherfnmonsta For This Useful Post:
Hush (01-20-2013), jcutler0622 (01-20-2013)
 Old 01-20-2013, 09:06 PM   #490

Not Ranked  0 score     

Originally Posted by Hush View Post
If I were in your shoes....I would take the RP off. Danger is unknown, without monitoring. You might be OK, you might be about to outrun the hpfp. I would tread lightly until I knew for sure, had an AP, and internals ready to go in.

Removing a cat is power gain.
Thanks Hush!! Noted.
The Following User Says Thank You to jcutler0622 For This Useful Post:
Hush (01-20-2013)
 Old 01-20-2013, 09:13 PM   #491

Not Ranked  0 score     

ya that is for downpipe bro, the guy above mentioned a race pipe which is the mid pipe or some people call a test pipe, that replaces the second catalytic converter, but either way he needs to get something monitor his shit or upgrade the internals, dont want to turn this into a pissing contest or anything so do not take offense to anything I am saying.
are you really going to teach me what replaces what? the point is that you have more gains with TP/RP than dp.

The guy should make himself a favor and take both intake and testpipe unti he gets something to monitor with or internals
E85 FREEKTUNE
The Following User Says Thank You to Zdraveca For This Useful Post:
Hush (01-20-2013)
 Old 01-20-2013, 09:17 PM   #492

alphasaur is the leader of the worldalphasaur is the leader of the worldalphasaur is the leader of the worldalphasaur is the leader of the worldalphasaur is the leader of the worldalphasaur is the leader of the worldalphasaur is the leader of the worldalphasaur is the leader of the worldalphasaur is the leader of the worldalphasaur is the leader of the worldalphasaur is the leader of the world
Thanked 3,438 Times in 1,295 Posts
Groans: 235
Groaned at 60 Times in 48 Posts
Not Ranked  0 score     

Testpipe/Racepipe is what makes the power gains while on stock turbo.
@jcutler0622; have an old android device? buy a bluetooth obdII adapter on ebay for $20 and torque with mazdaspeed pids for $15. Easy & cheap way to monitor.

/91 miata with basic suspension bits
/Turbo ep3 BWAAAAA PSH
/speed 3- bye
/possessed speed 6- dead ((((((

/lol nator.
alphasaur is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to alphasaur For This Useful Post:
Hush (01-20-2013)
 Old 01-20-2013, 09:26 PM   #493

Not Ranked  0 score     

Originally Posted by alphasaur View Post
Testpipe/Racepipe is what makes the power gains while on stock turbo.
@jcutler0622; have an old android device? buy a bluetooth obdII adapter on ebay for $20 and torque with mazdaspeed pids for $15. Easy & cheap way to monitor.
Found the adapter. Does an app exist for it? I have an iphone right now not quite sure how I can freak this. What are the mazdaspeed pids for 15 bucks. Thanks for the advice I think I am going to go this route and monitor whats going down.

Thanks again everyone for all help!
 Old 01-20-2013, 09:32 PM   #494

alphasaur is the leader of the worldalphasaur is the leader of the worldalphasaur is the leader of the worldalphasaur is the leader of the worldalphasaur is the leader of the worldalphasaur is the leader of the worldalphasaur is the leader of the worldalphasaur is the leader of the worldalphasaur is the leader of the worldalphasaur is the leader of the worldalphasaur is the leader of the world
Thanked 3,438 Times in 1,295 Posts
Groans: 235
Groaned at 60 Times in 48 Posts
Not Ranked  0 score     

I believe torque is only available for android devices.

You can purchase a cheap android device (like a motorola droid) for about $30-$40. The torque application is $5 I believe, and the plugin to read mazdaspeed3 specific parameters is $15. The adaptor is about $20. You're looking at about $80 total.

I'd still recommend an ap over this solution, but it does okay in a pinch.

/91 miata with basic suspension bits
/Turbo ep3 BWAAAAA PSH
/speed 3- bye
/possessed speed 6- dead ((((((

/lol nator.
alphasaur is offline   Reply With Quote
 Old 01-20-2013, 09:38 PM   #495

Not Ranked  0 score     

or he can get this and be done with it UltraGauge Automotive Information Center and OBDII Scan Tool
E85 FREEKTUNE
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Zdraveca For This Useful Post:
alphasaur (01-20-2013), jcutler0622 (01-21-2013)
 Old 01-21-2013, 08:05 AM   #496

Not Ranked  0 score     

Had a sweet talk with the wife. Ordering the HPFP internals today. Rolling with the Autotech. Thanks for all the valuable info. Last question. Running just the RP,SRI w/ turbo inlet and CBE w/ the upgraded internals. Should I be good, no reliability issues to worry about? Trying to keep car as close to stock with just a little power. I am not trying to go big at all. AP would be my next upgrade I guess. Breaks my heart I can't do coilovers and rims next.
 Old 01-21-2013, 11:18 AM   #497

hippiekid can only hope to improve
Groans: 0
Groaned at 3 Times in 1 Post
Not Ranked  0 score     

Ok in the 6 weeks that ive been apart of this forum I consider myself a short time reader, first time poster, I reciently installed a Cobb AP Checked the two parameters for FP that it monitors( I believe act. press and dis. press) before I installed auto tech HPFP internals, AP was showing at idle about 450ish on both and 1660ish on both accelerating. with new HPFP internals, 550ish at idle on both, and 1660 dis. press, 1760 act.press accelerating. Now for the question, ive read < 1600psi = bad day so A. why did i start with < that (at Idle) and 2. why do I still see 550# after install? I did Install Myself In a CLEANNNN dinning room area, (car was in CLEAN shop as well) IM a Nub, I know this, if the answer is on here and I havent seen it please just give me a Keyword to search for. thanks all
hippiekid is offline   Reply With Quote
 Old 01-21-2013, 11:58 AM   #498

Hush is the leader of the worldHush is the leader of the worldHush is the leader of the worldHush is the leader of the worldHush is the leader of the worldHush is the leader of the worldHush is the leader of the worldHush is the leader of the worldHush is the leader of the worldHush is the leader of the worldHush is the leader of the world
Groans: 156
Groaned at 3 Times in 3 Posts
Not Ranked  0 score     

Originally Posted by hippiekid View Post
Ok in the 6 weeks that ive been apart of this forum I consider myself a short time reader, first time poster, I reciently installed a Cobb AP Checked the two parameters for FP that it monitors( I believe act. press and dis. press) before I installed auto tech HPFP internals, AP was showing at idle about 450ish on both and 1660ish on both accelerating. with new HPFP internals, 550ish at idle on both, and 1660 dis. press, 1760 act.press accelerating. Now for the question, ive read < 1600psi = bad day so A. why did i start with < that (at Idle) and 2. why do I still see 550# after install? I did Install Myself In a CLEANNNN dinning room area, (car was in CLEAN shop as well) IM a Nub, I know this, if the answer is on here and I havent seen it please just give me a Keyword to search for. thanks all
Not sure if this answers your question, but idle is not the problem, you are OK. It is at WOT that you want to be over 1600psi.

-2012 CWP MS3 -
- COBB AP V2b - Autotech HPFP Internals - JBR 3.0 WP - CP-E TMIC - UR TP - NGK ILTR6A-8G # 3787 plugs - EGR delete - Bosch 3-bar TMap - DO WMI 50/50
- JBR RMM 88a - JBR PMM 70a + JBR TMM 70a - JBR OCC S2 - JBR SSP - JBR SSB - JBR RSB -
- Block8head single defrost pod - VDO Vision Boost Gauge - Maisonvi Custom Stainless Steel Ball Shift Knob -
- Self Tuning 91 octane of fail with 50/50 WMI of win -
Hush is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Hush For This Useful Post:
ASHMS3 (01-21-2013), Easter Bunny (01-21-2013), hippiekid (01-21-2013)
 Old 01-21-2013, 12:13 PM   #499

PUGENE is the leader of the worldPUGENE is the leader of the worldPUGENE is the leader of the worldPUGENE is the leader of the worldPUGENE is the leader of the worldPUGENE is the leader of the worldPUGENE is the leader of the worldPUGENE is the leader of the worldPUGENE is the leader of the worldPUGENE is the leader of the worldPUGENE is the leader of the world
Thanked 2,595 Times in 999 Posts
Groans: 61
Groaned at 12 Times in 9 Posts
Not Ranked  0 score     

I guess it's a really difficult concept.

If you're going to mod the car, get internals. Yeesh, you need a degree in Mechanical Engineering to comprehend that.

AP/Internals should be the first thing anyone should buy for this car. Regardless. You will get more gains from an AP than you will from just an intake/tip...there's no justification in doing it the other way around. One of the most important things you need to do with the car is monitor certain parameters (Act. Fuel Pressure, KR, etc.).

Sorry, end rant, I'm not a gear head, but, cmon.
HTP: 3.5" Intake + 51r Battery Tray
CPE: Stage 2 RMM//Manifold
JBR: SSP//Shifter Bushings//Knob//TMM//OCC
UR: CBE
HKS: SSQV4
CS: Springs
NGK 1-Step Colder