register gallery

Go Back   Mazdaspeed Forums >
MAZDASPEED SECTION
>
Mazdaspeed 3 MZR Gen2 Forums (2010-2013)
> 2010 MS3 - Fuel, Nitrous & Water Injection

Welcome to Mazdaspeed Forums .

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

*When you join MSF as a registered user, there will be No Ads.

*Registered Members get access to the Off Topic Area of the Forum

*Registered Members have an opportunity to upgrade their accounts to VIP, which brings a host of goddies for supporting MSF such as Raffles, Additional Forum Access, More PM Storage, The ability to upload more Images and many other enhancements.

*Registered members also get access to the live chat box!
Like Tree4Likes

Bookmark and Share LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
 Old 03-16-2011, 09:51 PM   #241

wolly6973 is the leader of the worldwolly6973 is the leader of the worldwolly6973 is the leader of the worldwolly6973 is the leader of the worldwolly6973 is the leader of the worldwolly6973 is the leader of the worldwolly6973 is the leader of the worldwolly6973 is the leader of the worldwolly6973 is the leader of the worldwolly6973 is the leader of the worldwolly6973 is the leader of the world
Thanked 2,558 Times in 1,132 Posts
Groans: 386
Groaned at 12 Times in 12 Posts
Not Ranked  0 score     

You are not seeing boost spikes.
A boost spike is where the boost all of a sudden jumps up very fast, and then goes back down.
You are just steadily increasing boost to meet the requested boost.

From what I have read, those miniscule amounts of KR should not be an issue.

You may also want to consider adding Boost Air Temp (BAT) to your list, it is pretty useful to see how well your intercooler is keeping up.
wolly6973 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to wolly6973 For This Useful Post:
bertrand_CX_7 (03-16-2011), DingoDave (03-19-2011)
 Old 03-16-2011, 10:01 PM   #242

bertrand_CX_7 is the leader of the worldbertrand_CX_7 is the leader of the worldbertrand_CX_7 is the leader of the worldbertrand_CX_7 is the leader of the worldbertrand_CX_7 is the leader of the worldbertrand_CX_7 is the leader of the worldbertrand_CX_7 is the leader of the worldbertrand_CX_7 is the leader of the worldbertrand_CX_7 is the leader of the worldbertrand_CX_7 is the leader of the worldbertrand_CX_7 is the leader of the world
Groans: 52
Groaned at 145 Times in 38 Posts
Not Ranked  0 score     

Merged messages...
2010 MazdaSpeed3 Velocity Red: Forge BPV V2, CP-e [HPFP, TMIC, Driver + passenger Mount, 75-A], CorkSport [RSB, Coilover, camber plate], SPC rear camber arm, JBR SSP stg2 + heavy knob, Cobb [ SRI, AP ], HTP 3.5" TIP, - STG2 PERM tuned by DJ, Ultimate Racing TBE (Metal core DP). Aeroforce dual guages, Hankook R-S3 on stock wheels, Sparco Evo2 race seat. ARP long wheel studs -- 17x9 ET 45+ Kosei K1 TS on 255/40/17 on Dunlop Direzza ZII.

Pending install: JB EGR block plate

Next mod:CorkSport[ Front + Rear swaybar endlinks ], OCC, brake upgrade (CorkSport or BBK), 6 point Harness.

2007 CX-7 GT AWD: CPE CAI, ETS 3" TMIC, JB EGR block plate ,Matt's OCC, AutoExec Strut tower bar, AutoExec lower arm bar, Nittos 420 tires, 12" JBL subwoofer with Bose system.
bertrand_CX_7 is offline   Reply With Quote
 Old 03-17-2011, 11:10 AM   #243

dizzydtrain is the leader of the worlddizzydtrain is the leader of the worlddizzydtrain is the leader of the worlddizzydtrain is the leader of the worlddizzydtrain is the leader of the worlddizzydtrain is the leader of the worlddizzydtrain is the leader of the worlddizzydtrain is the leader of the worlddizzydtrain is the leader of the worlddizzydtrain is the leader of the worlddizzydtrain is the leader of the world
Thanked 2,576 Times in 955 Posts
Groans: 64
Groaned at 13 Times in 13 Posts
Not Ranked  0 score     

Ok, so here is what has occurred so far.

I installed the cp-e pump last week and just recently began data logging via Cobb AP to see how everything was running--My current mods are cp-e sri, tmic, and cp-e hpfp. So I began datalogging and posted some of my logs in order to find out that I have a fuel pressure drop to the 1400's during my wot log. The fuel pressure holds around 1650 and then dips down to mid-to low 1400's between the rpm ranges of 4500 and 5200.

I contacted Cobb and Cp-e, both got back to me promptly, to figure out the root cause of the drop. CP-e told me to flash the car to stock and take a log of that, which I did and the fuel pressure stayed at 1650+...even shooting up to 1730 during some of the run. However, this only lasted while having the stock map flashed because as soon as I switched back to a stage 1 93 map, the fuel pressure would dip back down to the 1400's and 1500's for psi.

Cp-e needs a log to proof that the pump is failing during wot with a the stock map--Cobb believes that if the pump is dropping in pressure then it's not able to keep up with the fueling demands. The rebuttal to this from Cp-e was that I need to take this up with Cobb since the pump works perfectly fine with the stock ECU calibrations.

Christian suggested that I might be able to lean out the car a bit in order stress the fueling system less during wot runs (is that even something that I would have to do with a hpfp?). I think the only way to do so at this point would be a pro-tune or ATR (not out yet for Gen2).
Attached Files
File Type: csv datalog15.csv (2.3 KB, 2 views)
File Type: csv datalog16.csv (3.2 KB, 4 views)
Cp-e HPFP : JBR 80duro RMM : JBR Special Edition Heavy Shift Knob : JBR EGR Delete : Matt Damond OCC kit : Cobb AP : Cobb DP : Cobb BPV XLE : ETS TMIC : CP-e SRI : Cp-e TIP : Magnaflow CBE : Aeroforce Interceptor Dual Gauge : Blockhead vent pod :PERM Tuned : H&R Springs : TSW Nurburgring 18x8.5 w/ 235/45 Hankook Ventus V12 Evo : DDM 6000k Lows : DDM 3000k Fogs : Corksport LED light kit : 3M 35% color stable tint
dizzydtrain is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to dizzydtrain For This Useful Post:
indianaryan (03-17-2011), rfinkle2 (03-17-2011)
 Old 03-17-2011, 11:17 AM   #244

indianaryan is the leader of the worldindianaryan is the leader of the worldindianaryan is the leader of the worldindianaryan is the leader of the worldindianaryan is the leader of the worldindianaryan is the leader of the worldindianaryan is the leader of the worldindianaryan is the leader of the worldindianaryan is the leader of the worldindianaryan is the leader of the worldindianaryan is the leader of the world
Groans: 39
Groaned at 14 Times in 10 Posts
Not Ranked  0 score     

Wow. This just made my decision EXTREMELY easy on whether to order internals or the CP-E pump. The whole point of an upgraded fuel pump is so that it will keep up with mods and a tune, which is exactly what the Autotech internals are doing. What makes a CP-E pump any better than the stock pump if it can't handle anything other than the stock tune? The stock pump can do that! For what CP-E is charging, I expected better.
indianaryan is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to indianaryan For This Useful Post:
DingoDave (03-19-2011), rfinkle2 (03-17-2011)
 Old 03-17-2011, 11:20 AM   #245

dachtler has a reputation beyond reputedachtler has a reputation beyond reputedachtler has a reputation beyond reputedachtler has a reputation beyond reputedachtler has a reputation beyond reputedachtler has a reputation beyond reputedachtler has a reputation beyond reputedachtler has a reputation beyond reputedachtler has a reputation beyond reputedachtler has a reputation beyond reputedachtler has a reputation beyond repute
Groans: 1
Groaned at 0 Times in 0 Posts
Not Ranked  0 score     

Dizzydtrain, is the 15 log on the stock map, and the 16 log on the Stg1? Your LTFTs on your second log are way out of whack. Have you done a MAF calibration to see how the particular Stg1 map is looking with your MAF sensor?
dachtler is offline   Reply With Quote
 Old 03-17-2011, 11:27 AM   #246

dizzydtrain is the leader of the worlddizzydtrain is the leader of the worlddizzydtrain is the leader of the worlddizzydtrain is the leader of the worlddizzydtrain is the leader of the worlddizzydtrain is the leader of the worlddizzydtrain is the leader of the worlddizzydtrain is the leader of the worlddizzydtrain is the leader of the worlddizzydtrain is the leader of the worlddizzydtrain is the leader of the world
Not Ranked  0 score     

Originally Posted by dachtler View Post
Dizzydtrain, is the 15 log on the stock map, and the 16 log on the Stg1? Your LTFTs on your second log are way out of whack. Have you done a MAF calibration to see how the particular Stg1 map is looking with your MAF sensor?
Log 15 is stock map, log 16 is the generic Stage 1 93 map. I ran the specific cp-e nano stage 1 93 log a couple of days ago (datalog 9) and the same fuel pressure drops were seen.

Regarding the LTFT's on the second log..I did not do a MAF calibration. Datalog 9 is on the cp-e stage 1 93 map and the LTFT's are between 0 and 3.9ish.
Cp-e HPFP : JBR 80duro RMM : JBR Special Edition Heavy Shift Knob : JBR EGR Delete : Matt Damond OCC kit : Cobb AP : Cobb DP : Cobb BPV XLE : ETS TMIC : CP-e SRI : Cp-e TIP : Magnaflow CBE : Aeroforce Interceptor Dual Gauge : Blockhead vent pod :PERM Tuned : H&R Springs : TSW Nurburgring 18x8.5 w/ 235/45 Hankook Ventus V12 Evo : DDM 6000k Lows : DDM 3000k Fogs : Corksport LED light kit : 3M 35% color stable tint
The Following User Says Thank You to dizzydtrain For This Useful Post:
rfinkle2 (03-17-2011)
 Old 03-17-2011, 11:41 AM   #247

Not Ranked  0 score     

Originally Posted by indianaryan View Post
Wow. This just made my decision EXTREMELY easy on whether to order internals or the CP-E pump. The whole point of an upgraded fuel pump is so that it will keep up with mods and a tune, which is exactly what the Autotech internals are doing. What makes a CP-E pump any better than the stock pump if it can't handle anything other than the stock tune? The stock pump can do that! For what CP-E is charging, I expected better.
I don't want to keep people from buying their pump. I will be the first to admit that I love their products and maybe I am very unfortunate with the pump--there is also a possibility that I am missing something here altogether but I figured that it's best to keep everyone aware. After all, it's what makes this forum so great to begin with.
bertrand_CX_7 (03-17-2011), rfinkle2 (03-17-2011)
 Old 03-17-2011, 11:45 AM   #248

rfinkle2 is the leader of the worldrfinkle2 is the leader of the worldrfinkle2 is the leader of the worldrfinkle2 is the leader of the worldrfinkle2 is the leader of the worldrfinkle2 is the leader of the worldrfinkle2 is the leader of the worldrfinkle2 is the leader of the worldrfinkle2 is the leader of the worldrfinkle2 is the leader of the worldrfinkle2 is the leader of the world
Thanked 33,220 Times in 10,051 Posts
Groans: 298
Groaned at 292 Times in 196 Posts
Not Ranked  0 score     

Originally Posted by dizzydtrain View Post
I don't want to keep people from buying their pump. I will be the first to admit that I love their products and maybe I am very unfortunate with the pump--there is also a possibility that I am missing something here altogether but I figured that it's best to keep everyone aware. After all, it's what makes this forum so great to begin with.
You aren't the only one who sees their pressures teetering on the edge of concern..

When we first looked @ this (dizzy, Indian Ryan etc.), although I didn't want to jump to conclusions, I was afraid this was going to happen.

Did you mention to CP-E that others are running the same map, with Autotech Internals, and maintaining good pressure?

I had a feeling that when Christian didn't reply to the second request on the specific log (datalog #4), that their was an issue that somehow needs resolving.
rfinkle2 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to rfinkle2 For This Useful Post:
indianaryan (03-17-2011)
 Old 03-17-2011, 11:48 AM   #249

Not Ranked  0 score     

Originally Posted by rfinkle2 View Post
When we first looked @ this (dizzy, Indian Ryan etc.), although I didn't want to jump to conclusions, I was afraid this was going to happen.

Did you mention to CP-E that others are running the same map, with Autotech Internals, and maintaining good pressure?

I had a feeling that when Christian didn't reply to the second request on the specific log (datalog #4), that their was an issue that somehow needs resolving.
I did mention it but I have not received a response regarding that yet. I guess this leaves me somewhat stranded for the time being until I can somehow get a replacement or upgrade my medium pressure fuel pump with some autotech internals...
 Old 03-17-2011, 11:52 AM   #250

rfinkle2 is the leader of the worldrfinkle2 is the leader of the worldrfinkle2 is the leader of the worldrfinkle2 is the leader of the worldrfinkle2 is the leader of the worldrfinkle2 is the leader of the worldrfinkle2 is the leader of the worldrfinkle2 is the leader of the worldrfinkle2 is the leader of the worldrfinkle2 is the leader of the worldrfinkle2 is the leader of the world
Not Ranked  0 score     

I did mention it but I have not received a response regarding that yet. I guess this leaves me somewhat stranded for the time being until I can somehow get a replacement or upgrade my medium pressure fuel pump with some autotech internals...

What really sucks is I sent my pump in with 2,000 miles on it, shining and new, and have a "medium pressure" , lets say greater than 2,000 mile fuel pump.

You go on the record as coining the phrase "medium pressure fuel pump". LOL!
indianaryan (03-17-2011)
 Old 03-17-2011, 11:57 AM   #251

indianaryan is the leader of the worldindianaryan is the leader of the worldindianaryan is the leader of the worldindianaryan is the leader of the worldindianaryan is the leader of the worldindianaryan is the leader of the worldindianaryan is the leader of the worldindianaryan is the leader of the worldindianaryan is the leader of the worldindianaryan is the leader of the worldindianaryan is the leader of the world
Not Ranked  0 score     

I'm a fan of CP-E because they put out quality products. What I don't understand is what makes their pump any better than the stock pump in this situation, and why can't they back their product when it obviously isn't doing what it was meant for?

I assume there are others that have had no issues with the CP-E HPFP, so maybe there is a valid explanation for it not holding the fp above 1600 psi in Dizzy's situation. But I don't think it's fair for CP-E to only guarantee that it will keep the fp above 1600 psi ONLY for a stock tune.

I guess it is possible that there is a problem with Cobb's map. I'll stay tuned and hope that either CP-E or Cobb comes up with an answer.
The Following User Says Thank You to indianaryan For This Useful Post:
rfinkle2 (03-17-2011)
 Old 03-17-2011, 12:02 PM   #252

Not Ranked  0 score     

I'm a fan of CP-E because they put out quality products. What I don't understand is what makes their pump any better than the stock pump in this situation, and why can't they back their product when it obviously isn't doing what it was meant for?

I assume there are others that have had no issues with the CP-E HPFP, so maybe there is a valid explanation for it not holding the fp above 1600 psi in Dizzy's situation. But I don't think it's fair for CP-E to only guarantee that it will keep the fp above 1600 psi ONLY for a stock tune.

I guess it is possible that there is a problem with Cobb's map. I'll stay tuned and hope that either CP-E or Cobb comes up with an answer.
Indianryan, I am just shooting my opinions out there...

I don't know what flashing to the stock map does in CP-E's favor, given CP-E knows why we purchased these pumps, and that certainly was not to run the stock map.

CP-E, Cobb and Ecutek are the only companies yet to crack this ECU (or bother), and surely they know the ECU's behavior @ stock and more agressive tuning levels.
indianaryan (03-17-2011)
 Old 03-17-2011, 12:08 PM   #253

Not Ranked  0 score     

Indianryan, I am just shooting my opinions out there...

I don't know what flashing to the stock map does in CP-E's favor, given CP-E knows why we purchased these pumps, and that certainly was not to run the stock map.

CP-E, Cobb and Ecutek are the only companies yet to crack this ECU (or bother), and surely they know the ECU's behavior @ stock and more agressive tuning levels.
Agreed.

The stage1 is hardly an aggressive tune, which makes me wonder how far the CP-E pump was actually designed to go...

It's hard not to jump to conclusions at this point, but maybe there's more to this than what we know now.
rfinkle2 (03-17-2011)
 Old 03-17-2011, 12:12 PM   #254

Not Ranked  0 score     

Agreed.

The stage1 is hardly an aggressive tune, which makes me wonder how far the CP-E pump was actually designed to go...

It's hard not to jump to conclusions at this point, but maybe there's more to this than what we know now.

What bugs me is the willingness of Christian to alter the tune (@ least offer suggestive help), and the perception I get of Cp-e's answer to Dizzy.

The first thing Christian / Cobb wants to do is help correct the problem, where as the first thing Cp-e does is blame Cobb (albeit indirectly).
indianaryan (03-17-2011)
 Old 03-17-2011, 12:15 PM   #255

Not Ranked  0 score     

I've always hated it when companies point the finger to the other company. It's like CP-E is refusing to look into the possibility that there COULD be a problem with their pump.
rfinkle2 (03-17-2011)
 Old 03-17-2011, 12:19 PM   #256

Not Ranked  0 score     

Agreed.

I agree, I have not been able to find any other instances of fuel pressure dropping with the cp-e pump which really puts me in a bind. It's actually ironic at this point because the reliability and quality of this product makes it very tough to proof any faults (if in fact there are any).
The Following User Says Thank You to dizzydtrain For This Useful Post:
indianaryan (03-17-2011)
 Old 03-17-2011, 12:21 PM   #257

trf5000 is the leader of the worldtrf5000 is the leader of the worldtrf5000 is the leader of the worldtrf5000 is the leader of the worldtrf5000 is the leader of the worldtrf5000 is the leader of the worldtrf5000 is the leader of the worldtrf5000 is the leader of the worldtrf5000 is the leader of the worldtrf5000 is the leader of the worldtrf5000 is the leader of the world
Thanked 3,578 Times in 1,432 Posts
Groans: 16
Groaned at 10 Times in 10 Posts
Not Ranked  0 score     

I just put my CP-E pump in about 2 weeks ago. My first logs were awesome and in the upper RPMs i was hitting upwards of 2000PSI. Just did a few logs last night after swtiching maps and was hitting 1700 and 1800 psi, which is pretty good, but not as high as I was initially hitting with my first map. Im gonna keep an eye on my pump as I plan on driving my car alot more now that its warmer and I am curious to see if the pressures will continually drop over time.

trf5000 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to trf5000 For This Useful Post:
dizzydtrain (03-17-2011), indianaryan (03-17-2011)
 Old 03-17-2011, 12:23 PM   #258

Not Ranked  0 score     

Hindsight is always 20/20 (sorry for the cliché), but I feel a bit naive not looking into exactly what the fuel demands would be, and exactly what the CP-E is guaranteed to hold.

Admittedly, I bought the CP-E becuase of the "warranty", but feel like a fool because I'm not even sure what that warranty entails.
 Old 03-17-2011, 12:45 PM   #259

Not Ranked  0 score     

I agree, I have not been able to find any other instances of fuel pressure dropping with the cp-e pump which really puts me in a bind. It's actually ironic at this point because the reliability and quality of this product makes it very tough to proof any faults (if in fact there are any).
Sorry to double post, but the ability of the pump to maintain the target psi is just as important as not dropping into the 1400's.

I am interested in how the ecu acts, what the effects on afr targets are etc. if the pump falls below the ap's targets Christian posted in the last page of this thread. (very close to the ~1700 range @ all points wot. )
indianaryan (03-17-2011)
 Old 03-17-2011, 12:45 PM   #260

Not Ranked  0 score     

Originally Posted by trf5000 View Post
I just put my CP-E pump in about 2 weeks ago. My first logs were awesome and in the upper RPMs i was hitting upwards of 2000PSI. Just did a few logs last night after swtiching maps and was hitting 1700 and 1800 psi, which is pretty good, but not as high as I was initially hitting with my first map. Im gonna keep an eye on my pump as I plan on driving my car alot more now that its warmer and I am curious to see if the pressures will continually drop over time.
I am jealous of that. If I could consistently stay in the 1700's during wot, I wouldn't be posting here right now.
Post pwned (03-17-2011), trf5000 (03-17-2011)
 Old 03-17-2011, 12:49 PM   #261

TsaktuO is a glorious beacon of lightTsaktuO is a glorious beacon of lightTsaktuO is a glorious beacon of lightTsaktuO is a glorious beacon of lightTsaktuO is a glorious beacon of lightTsaktuO is a glorious beacon of light
Groans: 0
Groaned at 0 Times in 0 Posts
Not Ranked  0 score     

If this is their "warranty":

The rebuttal to this from Cp-e was that I need to take this up with Cobb since the pump works perfectly fine with the stock ECU calibrations.

Then you can't say it any better than this:

TsaktuO
TsaktuO is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to TsaktuO For This Useful Post:
 Old 03-17-2011, 12:51 PM   #262

Not Ranked  0 score     

Originally Posted by TsaktuO View Post
If this is their "warranty":

The rebuttal to this from Cp-e was that I need to take this up with Cobb since the pump works perfectly fine with the stock ECU calibrations.

Then you can't say it any better than this:

TsaktuO
I think one of the ways to get to the bottom of this is to find out what the CP-E standback's wot targets are for fuel pressure.
 Old 03-17-2011, 12:54 PM   #263

Not Ranked  0 score     

I think one of the ways to get to the bottom of this is to find out what the CP-E standback's wot targets are for fuel pressure.
According to Sander at CP-E, it's 1667.5 psi.
rfinkle2 (03-17-2011)
 Old 03-17-2011, 01:02 PM   #264

Not Ranked  0 score     

That is completely in line with Cobb's targets.

1) So, I think we need someone with the standback to show us their stage 1 equivalent logs, and evidence the standback's tuning commands and holds that pressure with the CP-E pump.

Considering friendliness is few and far between on this forum, does anyone know someone with the standback and a cp-e pump willing to share their logs?

2) OR... we need to look @ logs with the autotech internals @ that specific rpm area that Dizzy is having problems with. If there is a dip in FP, although still above the target, we would have a clue as to whether it was the map vs. the pump.

Last edited by rfinkle2; 03-17-2011 at 01:23 PM. Reason: added a q
 Old 03-17-2011, 01:36 PM   #265

Not Ranked  0 score     

That is completely in line with Cobb's targets.

1) So, I think we need someone with the standback to show us their stage 1 equivalent logs, and evidence the standback's tuning commands and holds that pressure with the CP-E pump.

Considering friendliness is few and far between on this forum, does anyone know someone with the standback and a cp-e pump willing to share their logs?

2) OR... we need to look @ logs with the autotech internals @ that specific rpm area that Dizzy is having problems with. If there is a dip in FP, although still above the target, we would have a clue as to whether it was the map vs. the pump.
Are you referring to anyone with autotech internals and similar mods running Cobb AP or a standback?
 Old 03-17-2011, 02:36 PM   #266

Not Ranked  0 score     

Ap... that way, if in that portion of the rev band, the autotech internals dip also, @ that point (no matter if the fuel pressure is above the target), it may be a glitch in the tune.

I.E. We'd expect the auto-tech internals to be above the cp-e pump pressures, but a marked dip where your pump went into the 1400's, maybe the auto techs dip there also, but just not to the extent (1400's) that the cp-e does.
 Old 03-17-2011, 02:45 PM   #267

bertrand_CX_7 is the leader of the worldbertrand_CX_7 is the leader of the worldbertrand_CX_7 is the leader of the worldbertrand_CX_7 is the leader of the worldbertrand_CX_7 is the leader of the worldbertrand_CX_7 is the leader of the worldbertrand_CX_7 is the leader of the worldbertrand_CX_7 is the leader of the worldbertrand_CX_7 is the leader of the worldbertrand_CX_7 is the leader of the worldbertrand_CX_7 is the leader of the world
Groans: 52
Groaned at 145 Times in 38 Posts
Not Ranked  0 score     

Hey guys what about my log datalog16 I posted last night?

I saw something below 1600 psi with 70% throttle position. Is this a concern?

No one answered me on that.

Thanks pls for taking a look.
2010 MazdaSpeed3 Velocity Red: Forge BPV V2, CP-e [HPFP, TMIC, Driver + passenger Mount, 75-A], CorkSport [RSB, Coilover, camber plate], SPC rear camber arm, JBR SSP stg2 + heavy knob, Cobb [ SRI, AP ], HTP 3.5" TIP, - STG2 PERM tuned by DJ, Ultimate Racing TBE (Metal core DP). Aeroforce dual guages, Hankook R-S3 on stock wheels, Sparco Evo2 race seat. ARP long wheel studs -- 17x9 ET 45+ Kosei K1 TS on 255/40/17 on Dunlop Direzza ZII.

Pending install: JB EGR block plate

Next mod:CorkSport[ Front + Rear swaybar endlinks ], OCC, brake upgrade (CorkSport or BBK), 6 point Harness.

2007 CX-7 GT AWD: CPE CAI, ETS 3" TMIC, JB EGR block plate ,Matt's OCC, AutoExec Strut tower bar, AutoExec lower arm bar, Nittos 420 tires, 12" JBL subwoofer with Bose system.
bertrand_CX_7 is offline   Reply With Quote
 Old 03-17-2011, 02:55 PM   #268

Not Ranked  0 score     

Originally Posted by bertrand_CX_7 View Post
Hey guys what about my log datalog16 I posted last night?

I saw something below 1600 psi with 70% throttle position. Is this a concern?

No one answered me on that.

Thanks pls for taking a look.
I don't think that any of us is 100% sure what the throttle position vs di fuel pressure targeted means in the instance it does dip below the ap targeted fuel pressure yet... but I won't forget about this post and that you asked that question.

Fwiw, full throttle logs are usually in the mid 70's, so it may be (speculation) that the fuel pump was, in fact keeping up.
bertrand_CX_7 (03-17-2011)
 Old 03-17-2011, 03:04 PM   #269

JTMS3 is the leader of the worldJTMS3 is the leader of the worldJTMS3 is the leader of the worldJTMS3 is the leader of the worldJTMS3 is the leader of the worldJTMS3 is the leader of the worldJTMS3 is the leader of the worldJTMS3 is the leader of the worldJTMS3 is the leader of the worldJTMS3 is the leader of the worldJTMS3 is the leader of the world
Thanked 4,146 Times in 1,311 Posts
Groans: 22
Groaned at 21 Times in 15 Posts
Not Ranked  0 score     

According to Sander at CP-E, it's 1667.5 psi.
Im no pump expert but that seems on the low side vs. upgraded internals. Maybe it lengthens the life of the HPFP based off of CP-e research. I am holding low 18xxs psi during WOT pulls and that is with my scary PTP internals with the end of pulls reaching 20xx psi. If/when CS comes out with a HPFP we can least have a pump to compare to the CPe in regards to holding pressure at WOT.

4/15/12 dynojet results: 305whp / 355 tq

JTMS3 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to JTMS3 For This Useful Post:
indianaryan (03-18-2011), rfinkle2 (03-17-2011)
 Old 03-17-2011, 06:24 PM   #270

Not Ranked  0 score     

I got an email from Sander and he would like to see some more Cobb AP logs of 2010 speed3's with similar mods as mine. He also mentioned that the logs can not be of cars with an aftermarket release valve (I am guessing this would be a BOV).

I did mention to him that it appears other internals seem to be running a bit higher at wot than the cp-e pumps.

If you guys have a stage 1 Gen2 with similar mods to mine, could you please send me some logs? I currently have a cp-e tmic, cpe-sri, and cp-e hpfp. It doesn't matter what internals you have, the more I can gather the better for comparison.

I will start looking at the ones that I used as examples. Thanks in advance.

Last edited by dizzydtrain; 03-17-2011 at 06:49 PM.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to dizzydtrain For This Useful Post:
indianaryan (03-18-2011), rfinkle2 (03-18-2011), Speed3eak (03-17-2011)
 Old 03-18-2011, 05:42 AM   #271

Not Ranked  0 score     

I got an email from Sander and he would like to see some more Cobb AP logs of 2010 speed3's with similar mods as mine. He also mentioned that the logs can not be of cars with an aftermarket release valve (I am guessing this would be a BOV).

I did mention to him that it appears other internals seem to be running a bit higher at wot than the cp-e pumps.

If you guys have a stage 1 Gen2 with similar mods to mine, could you please send me some logs? I currently have a cp-e tmic, cpe-sri, and cp-e hpfp. It doesn't matter what internals you have, the more I can gather the better for comparison.

I will start looking at the ones that I used as examples. Thanks in advance.
I'll have take my turbosmart valve off, but I can do that in a hot minute and get you some logs tomorrow (3/19/2011)

First it was the tune, now its the BPV...hmmm.

Last edited by rfinkle2; 03-18-2011 at 06:02 AM.
dizzydtrain (03-18-2011)
 Old 03-18-2011, 05:57 AM   #272

trf5000 is the leader of the worldtrf5000 is the leader of the worldtrf5000 is the leader of the worldtrf5000 is the leader of the worldtrf5000 is the leader of the worldtrf5000 is the leader of the worldtrf5000 is the leader of the worldtrf5000 is the leader of the worldtrf5000 is the leader of the worldtrf5000 is the leader of the worldtrf5000 is the leader of the world
Thanked 3,578 Times in 1,432 Posts
Groans: 16
Groaned at 10 Times in 10 Posts
Not Ranked  0 score     

Hey Dizzy,

Here is my log for your viewing pleasure.
Attached Files
File Type: csv datalog2.csv (9.9 KB, 4 views)

trf5000 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to trf5000 For This Useful Post:
dizzydtrain (03-18-2011)
 Old 03-18-2011, 06:00 AM   #273

Not Ranked  0 score     

I'll have take my turbosmart valve off, but I can do that in a hot minute and get you some logs tomorrow (3/19/2011)

First it was the tune, now its the BOV...hmmm.
I can verify with Sander but I think if you have a BPV, it's fine. BOV tends to make the car run rich if you run without a tune, if I recall correctly.
 Old 03-18-2011, 06:07 AM   #274

Not Ranked  0 score     

I can verify with Sander but I think if you have a BPV, it's fine. BOV tends to make the car run rich if you run without a tune, if I recall correctly.
Understood... I have a Turbosmart BPV (only has full recirc ), and always use those interchangeably (need to be more specific). I'll reinstall my stock one just to avoid any issues.

Will Sander be OK with the floormats I have?

I'm kidding. I understand (to a degree) his apprehension to blame his pump... but we are talking about other quality manufacturers who have been in the game for a long time... not some ebay knockoffs etc.
 Old 03-18-2011, 08:04 AM   #275

wolly6973 is the leader of the worldwolly6973 is the leader of the worldwolly6973 is the leader of the worldwolly6973 is the leader of the worldwolly6973 is the leader of the worldwolly6973 is the leader of the worldwolly6973 is the leader of the worldwolly6973 is the leader of the worldwolly6973 is the leader of the worldwolly6973 is the leader of the worldwolly6973 is the leader of the world
Not Ranked  0 score     

I bet Sander was referring to the Pressure Relief Valve (PRV), not BOV.
The Following User Says Thank You to wolly6973 For This Useful Post:
rfinkle2 (03-18-2011)
 Old 03-18-2011, 08:06 AM   #276

Not Ranked  0 score     

Originally Posted by wolly6973 View Post
I bet Sander was referring to the Pressure Relief Valve (PRV), not BOV.
That makes sense, considering I've seen mention of a possible larger fuel orifice and prv (x>2000 psi) upgrade.

Thanks Wolly.

It is still fishy though, imo..
 Old 03-18-2011, 08:10 AM   #277

Not Ranked  0 score     

I can give you some logs with the stock pump, then next week should be able to get some with autotech internals.
I haz CS SRI + TIP & ETS TMIC
The Following User Says Thank You to wolly6973 For This Useful Post:
rfinkle2 (03-18-2011)
 Old 03-18-2011, 08:21 AM   #278

Not Ranked  0 score     

Originally Posted by wolly6973 View Post
I can give you some logs with the stock pump, then next week should be able to get some with autotech internals.
I haz CS SRI + TIP & ETS TMIC
That would be great Wolly. Can you post on here or pm me?

Thanks.
 Old 03-18-2011, 08:22 AM   #279

Teethkikr is the leader of the worldTeethkikr is the leader of the worldTeethkikr is the leader of the worldTeethkikr is the leader of the worldTeethkikr is the leader of the worldTeethkikr is the leader of the worldTeethkikr is the leader of the worldTeethkikr is the leader of the worldTeethkikr is the leader of the worldTeethkikr is the leader of the worldTeethkikr is the leader of the world
Thanked 1,187 Times in 241 Posts
Groans: 50
Groaned at 15 Times in 8 Posts
Not Ranked  0 score     

I haz autotech internals with SRI and 93 octane....
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Teethkikr For This Useful Post:
dizzydtrain (03-18-2011), rfinkle2 (03-18-2011)
 Old 03-18-2011, 08:23 AM   #280

Not Ranked  0 score     

I'll be getting my AP in on Monday. I'll post some logs with the stock pump as well.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to indianaryan For This Useful Post:
dizzydtrain (03-18-2011), rfinkle2 (03-18-2011), Silver Ecstasy (03-18-2011)