register gallery

Go Back   Mazdaspeed Forums >
MAZDASPEED SECTION
>
Mazdaspeed 3 MZR Gen2 Forums (2010-2013)
> 2010 MS3 - Fuel, Nitrous & Water Injection

Welcome to Mazdaspeed Forums .

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

*When you join MSF as a registered user, there will be No Ads.

*Registered Members get access to the Off Topic Area of the Forum

*Registered Members have an opportunity to upgrade their accounts to VIP, which brings a host of goddies for supporting MSF such as Raffles, Additional Forum Access, More PM Storage, The ability to upload more Images and many other enhancements.

*Registered members also get access to the live chat box!

Bookmark and Share LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
 Old 02-08-2018, 11:58 AM   #1

SlamChop has a little shameless behaviour in the past
Groans: 0
Groaned at 1 Time in 1 Post
(Thread Starter)
Not Ranked  0 score     
Default Fuel pressure too high after WOT

2010 ms3 here, cpe tmic, htp 3.5 intake, Autotech internals, hks bov, corksport dp, custom Catless cbe, dizzy tuned, was running 1:3 e85 ratio mix then switched back to 93 once problems started happening. So to make a long story short (I will provide answers to any questions anyone has) I installed my htp intake replacing a crappy one that was on the car when I bought it thinking that it would fix my fuel trims because car was running lean. After I replaced it nothing really changed. Found out my maf sensor was bad so I replaced that too, trims were fixed but i noticed I was having some stuttering for a few seconds when I would let off the gas. I started paying close attention to my Hpfp act pressure, saw that it was consistently too high like between shifts, when engine was braking, things like that. Seemed the pressure would get stuck higher than it should be and my car would be slightly boggy. I then took apart my Hpfp to inspect everything and found a little (black death). Took everything apart ( including Hpfp housing) and soaked it in b12 chemtool. Everything was then clean and I re installed. Everything seemed to be okay like between shifts and engine braking the psi was normal. So I decided to give it a wot to see how things were and I hit my target fuel psi and boost psi but for 10-15 seconds after wot ( now in 4th gear ) my fuel psi is stuck at 900+ without touching the pedal, if I touch the pedal at all to shoots up to 1700-1900 with any amount of acceleration. While the lressure is high like that my car stutters and basically has no power for that 10-15 seconds. Not really sure what this could be. Maybe just my internals went bad and don’t slide as smoothly as they should? I have no idea
SlamChop is offline   Reply With Quote
 Old 02-08-2018, 01:17 PM   #2

Thor Hammer is the leader of the worldThor Hammer is the leader of the worldThor Hammer is the leader of the worldThor Hammer is the leader of the worldThor Hammer is the leader of the worldThor Hammer is the leader of the worldThor Hammer is the leader of the worldThor Hammer is the leader of the worldThor Hammer is the leader of the worldThor Hammer is the leader of the worldThor Hammer is the leader of the world
Groans: 143
Groaned at 2 Times in 2 Posts
Not Ranked  0 score     

Nice wall of text. Makes it hard to read. FYI.

When you changed intake was it same diameter as before? If not, you need to get re-tuned/MAF calibration.

Letting off the gas you will see dips in pressure. 17-1900 is not too high. Its normal.
2007 MS6- H&R Coilovers/ C-PE Catted DP/Corksport HPFP Internals/ AEM CAI/ ETS TMIC/ CPE Austenite Dual CBE/ CPE TIH/ Synapse Synchronic/ Freektuned/ AP Short Shifter/ AWR RMM and OEM TMM with CS Inserts/ Southbend Stage 2 Endurance/Stop Tech Slotted Rear and DBA T3 4000 Series Front with EBC Reds/CPE xFlex Rear Diff Mount/ Whiteline Rear Sway Bar/DSS Level 2.9 Rear Axles

Waiting for Install: BNR S3/HTP 3.5 Intake/Damond OCC/ CS Injector Seals/ WMI/MAPerformance Rev3 Intake Manifold
Thor Hammer is offline   Reply With Quote
 Old 02-08-2018, 01:50 PM   #3

Jeff23spl is the leader of the worldJeff23spl is the leader of the worldJeff23spl is the leader of the worldJeff23spl is the leader of the worldJeff23spl is the leader of the worldJeff23spl is the leader of the worldJeff23spl is the leader of the worldJeff23spl is the leader of the worldJeff23spl is the leader of the worldJeff23spl is the leader of the worldJeff23spl is the leader of the world
Groans: 1
Not Ranked  0 score     

1700-1900 with pump internals seem normal to me...stabilize around 1750 under wot and spike back a bit above when you drop de pedal.
When i put back mine, i do remember it take few km to get it stabilized.

While engine breaking i think mine is about 450psi and it goes back above 1000 very quickly to reach target as soon as i ask for some load.

have you confirmed that pedal reading read correctly ? I don't know if a special throttle table could affect this....

Why not just put back a stock tune with your actual maf cal (And map if not oem) to see if it change anything?

Is your AFR ok during that time? it should fall to 29 when you let go the pedal but get back to stoich or target as soon as you go back in load....If AFR is ok, there is no reason the fuel pressure make the engine goes bad

IMO Bad pump won't rise pressure but instead keep it lower than expected....it would be the release/spill valve in that case maybe
I remember some thread here about ethanol problems but you will have to search.

Is your o2 seem to read ok ?

I would go back to basic since your car seem to go bad from the beginning...
Check compression
Timing chain
new spark plugs
Leak test
Maf cal again and confirm your open loop afr vs target

2007 rusted Speed6... in progress...
1993 Ford Probe KLZE 143dB
2012 Mazda3 Gs-sky 6.5l/100 when transporting speed parts
1989 GM 6.2 diesel pickup
Wife drive 2010 CX7

2007 speed3 burned (i'm proud to ran 12.7s with it)

...Because French Canadian...
Jeff23spl is offline   Reply With Quote
 Old 02-08-2018, 07:38 PM   #4

(Thread Starter)
Not Ranked  0 score     

Originally Posted by Thor Hammer View Post
Nice wall of text. Makes it hard to read. FYI.

When you changed intake was it same diameter as before? If not, you need to get re-tuned/MAF calibration.

Letting off the gas you will see dips in pressure. 17-1900 is not too high. Its normal.
I did get a re tune when I got intake
 Old 02-08-2018, 10:59 PM   #5

(Thread Starter)
Not Ranked  0 score     

Also, Anytime I throw it into neutral and let the RPMs drop all the way down to idle it drops below my normal idle and my actual afr drops to 8-9 and then bobs back up to normal

Last edited by SlamChop; 02-08-2018 at 11:11 PM.
 Old 02-09-2018, 09:43 AM   #6

Thor Hammer is the leader of the worldThor Hammer is the leader of the worldThor Hammer is the leader of the worldThor Hammer is the leader of the worldThor Hammer is the leader of the worldThor Hammer is the leader of the worldThor Hammer is the leader of the worldThor Hammer is the leader of the worldThor Hammer is the leader of the worldThor Hammer is the leader of the worldThor Hammer is the leader of the world
Groans: 143
Groaned at 2 Times in 2 Posts
Not Ranked  0 score     

What about Bob?
2007 MS6- H&R Coilovers/ C-PE Catted DP/Corksport HPFP Internals/ AEM CAI/ ETS TMIC/ CPE Austenite Dual CBE/ CPE TIH/ Synapse Synchronic/ Freektuned/ AP Short Shifter/ AWR RMM and OEM TMM with CS Inserts/ Southbend Stage 2 Endurance/Stop Tech Slotted Rear and DBA T3 4000 Series Front with EBC Reds/CPE xFlex Rear Diff Mount/ Whiteline Rear Sway Bar/DSS Level 2.9 Rear Axles

Waiting for Install: BNR S3/HTP 3.5 Intake/Damond OCC/ CS Injector Seals/ WMI/MAPerformance Rev3 Intake Manifold
Thor Hammer is offline   Reply With Quote
 Old 02-09-2018, 10:17 AM   #7

(Thread Starter)
Not Ranked  0 score     

Originally Posted by Thor Hammer View Post
What about Bob?
He’s a nice fella
 Old 02-12-2018, 05:01 AM   #8

(Thread Starter)
Not Ranked  0 score     

What could cause my afr to dip like that?
 Old 02-12-2018, 02:09 PM   #9

Jeff23spl is the leader of the worldJeff23spl is the leader of the worldJeff23spl is the leader of the worldJeff23spl is the leader of the worldJeff23spl is the leader of the worldJeff23spl is the leader of the worldJeff23spl is the leader of the worldJeff23spl is the leader of the worldJeff23spl is the leader of the worldJeff23spl is the leader of the worldJeff23spl is the leader of the world
Not Ranked  0 score     

a bov maybe

Wife drive 2010 CX7

Old 02-13-2018, 03:52 PM   #10

(Thread Starter)
Not Ranked  0 score     

@jeff23spl how would a bov cause this?
 Old 02-14-2018, 06:31 AM   #11

shamie is the leader of the worldshamie is the leader of the worldshamie is the leader of the worldshamie is the leader of the worldshamie is the leader of the worldshamie is the leader of the worldshamie is the leader of the worldshamie is the leader of the worldshamie is the leader of the worldshamie is the leader of the worldshamie is the leader of the world
Groans: 2
Groaned at 3 Times in 3 Posts
Not Ranked  0 score     

If you are VTA.
2009 MGM MS3 - / HTP 3"/ COBB AP V3, FMIC, RMM, & DP / AT Internals / Manley Rods & Pistons / ARP studs & bolts / Koyorad radiator / DM PS Cooler & OCCs / ACT Clutch / Bilstein B16 / CS Camber Plates, Camber Arms, & Seals / JBR .125 RSB, 51R Battery Box & Raider's AD / StopTech Brakes
shamie is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to shamie For This Useful Post:
Jeff23spl (02-14-2018)
 Old 02-14-2018, 09:27 AM   #12

Not Ranked  0 score     

as said above, when it open and flow outside, the maf continue measure flow and call to add fuel but that flow isn't going inside the engine. This is why a full VTA is fun but a BPV is better

Wife drive 2010 CX7

Old 02-14-2018, 11:24 AM   #13

(Thread Starter)
Not Ranked  0 score     

Interesting... I never started having the problem until the new intake.. I did get a new map sent to me for it but could it be tuned for? Like I’m just confused on why it has started happening all of a sudden. I know it’s better for the car to go bpv I still feel like it should atleast be as smooth as it used to be. Maybe like a month ago