register gallery

Go Back   Mazdaspeed Forums >
MAZDASPEED SECTION
>
Mazdaspeed 3 MZR Gen2 Forums (2010-2013)
> 2010 MS3 - Fuel, Nitrous & Water Injection

Welcome to Mazdaspeed Forums .

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

*When you join MSF as a registered user, there will be No Ads.

*Registered Members get access to the Off Topic Area of the Forum

*Registered Members have an opportunity to upgrade their accounts to VIP, which brings a host of goddies for supporting MSF such as Raffles, Additional Forum Access, More PM Storage, The ability to upload more Images and many other enhancements.

*Registered members also get access to the live chat box!

Bookmark and Share LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
 Old 07-04-2018, 03:54 PM   #1

achulz has a spectacular aura aboutachulz has a spectacular aura aboutachulz has a spectacular aura about
Groans: 1
Groaned at 2 Times in 2 Posts
(Thread Starter)
Not Ranked  0 score     
Default What Do I Need for E85?

I want to make absolutely sure I have everything I need before I put E85 in my tank. I am going big turbo with the BNR S4 and I am aiming for 360-380WHP, I thought about meth injection but I think E85 would be a better route, as I did some research and there are actually quite a few ethanol stations near my home in Houston and the city I work at in Louisiana. So if I need to refuel, it's a little bit longer of a drive but I'm good.

I have Corksport HPFP internals, and obviously I have an Accessport for tuning (I was already running a 21 PSI tune when my K04 hot side oil seals blew out). Is that really all I need?

And can I expect that amount of power with E85 and the S4? I've seen 350WHP on 93, so I'm assuming E85 will open a lot of doors.
achulz is offline   Reply With Quote
 Old 07-04-2018, 05:11 PM   #2

Solarsurge is the leader of the worldSolarsurge is the leader of the worldSolarsurge is the leader of the worldSolarsurge is the leader of the worldSolarsurge is the leader of the worldSolarsurge is the leader of the worldSolarsurge is the leader of the worldSolarsurge is the leader of the worldSolarsurge is the leader of the worldSolarsurge is the leader of the worldSolarsurge is the leader of the world
Groans: 0
Groaned at 1 Time in 1 Post
Not Ranked  0 score     

I seriously hope you're not talking about going full E85 with absolutely no supporting mods other than a turbo. Am I reading that right?
Solarsurge is offline   Reply With Quote
 Old 07-04-2018, 06:27 PM   #3

achulz has a spectacular aura aboutachulz has a spectacular aura aboutachulz has a spectacular aura about
(Thread Starter)
Not Ranked  0 score     

Originally Posted by Solarsurge View Post
I seriously hope you're not talking about going full E85 with absolutely no supporting mods other than a turbo. Am I reading that right?
No.

CS HPFP, JBR 3.5" intake, 3" catless DP and 3" straight pipe, C-PE TMIC, CS 3.5 bar MAP sensor, Grimmspeed 3-port EBCS, GFB TMS Respons BPV set at 50/50. Fully bolted with the S4 turbo.

I'm wondering what else I need, I heard about the 'black death' thing with the HPFP so I'm figuring if E30 or (maybe) 50/50 would be a better idea and if there's anything else I can add in to make the car more ethanol friendly, as I read I can still reach MBT with the mix and the effects are less present.
 Old 07-04-2018, 06:37 PM   #4

5doorsoffury is the leader of the world5doorsoffury is the leader of the world5doorsoffury is the leader of the world5doorsoffury is the leader of the world5doorsoffury is the leader of the world5doorsoffury is the leader of the world5doorsoffury is the leader of the world5doorsoffury is the leader of the world5doorsoffury is the leader of the world5doorsoffury is the leader of the world5doorsoffury is the leader of the world
Groans: 74
Groaned at 9 Times in 8 Posts
Not Ranked  0 score     

Tires.

I wouldn't be worried about how much WHP you gain since ETH brings on the torque. You can get close to 400 lb of torque on a stock turbo with a e85 mix and blow your rods faster then a virgin busts a nut from a hookers bj while shes tripping on ecstasy.

Have a toon that brings the power on easy in the first 2 gears and don't boost like a fuck nut in 5th+ If done right e85 will increase the life of the motor if done wrong you will blow the motor and get built and go faster. I run a eth mix and always have my meth kit ready that i can turn on when i need it incase i have to switch to a 93 toon on a long trip.

If you go with a 1:2 mix of e85:93 you will get close to MBT and stave off "Black Death" anything more like 50/50 you will need to clean the pump or occasionally run a tank or 2 of 93 to keep the pump ok.

I will take this moment to ask.... what are your goals with this car?
PTE 5858 Vband .82ar // Tial EWG // CPE Mani // 3" Turboback // JBR Under route hot pipe // MD ST mani+spacer with PI // Siemens 60lb Injectors // Splitsecond inj controller // JBR 88 duro RMM/TMM // MD PMM // TWM Full replacement shifter // JBR CC // Autotech FP Internals // SP63 SB/Manley rods SP63 pro pistons // Treadstone FMIC TR824 // FoMoCo Tranny Jizz // South Bend Clutch Stage 3 enduro// GFB Respons // FJ 4" intake // WMI 100% VPM1 // Air Lift 1000 in rear // N2MB WOT BOX
Rfinkle tune in progress

The Brooklyn beater: 2005 1.8 Auto Sentra

5doorsoffury is offline   Reply With Quote
 Old 07-04-2018, 06:43 PM   #5

Solarsurge is the leader of the worldSolarsurge is the leader of the worldSolarsurge is the leader of the worldSolarsurge is the leader of the worldSolarsurge is the leader of the worldSolarsurge is the leader of the worldSolarsurge is the leader of the worldSolarsurge is the leader of the worldSolarsurge is the leader of the worldSolarsurge is the leader of the worldSolarsurge is the leader of the world
Groans: 0
Groaned at 1 Time in 1 Post
Not Ranked  0 score     

Originally Posted by achulz View Post
No.

CS HPFP, JBR 3.5" intake, 3" catless DP and 3" straight pipe, C-PE TMIC, CS 3.5 bar MAP sensor, Grimmspeed 3-port EBCS, GFB TMS Respons BPV set at 50/50. Fully bolted with the S4 turbo.

I'm wondering what else I need, I heard about the 'black death' thing with the HPFP so I'm figuring if E30 or (maybe) 50/50 would be a better idea and if there's anything else I can add in to make the car more ethanol friendly, as I read I can still reach MBT with the mix and the effects are less present.
OK, thank god lol. Yea, there's pretty substantial testing that shows there's virtually nothing to be gained by going above 50% ethanol and, in most cases, it causes more harm than good on our platform. 50/50 mix is the max I'd personally run. But you are fuel limited to 380ish HP no matter how you go unless you upgrade the stock in-tank fuel pump or add another tank with PI.
Solarsurge is offline   Reply With Quote
 Old 07-04-2018, 07:18 PM   #6

(Thread Starter)
Not Ranked  0 score     

Originally Posted by 5doorsoffury View Post
Tires.

I wouldn't be worried about how much WHP you gain since ETH brings on the torque. You can get close to 400 lb of torque on a stock turbo with a e85 mix and blow your rods faster then a virgin busts a nut from a hookers bj while shes tripping on ecstasy.

Have a toon that brings the power on easy in the first 2 gears and don't boost like a fuck nut in 5th+ If done right e85 will increase the life of the motor if done wrong you will blow the motor and get built and go faster. I run a eth mix and always have my meth kit ready that i can turn on when i need it incase i have to switch to a 93 toon on a long trip.

If you go with a 1:2 mix of e85:93 you will get close to MBT and stave off "Black Death" anything more like 50/50 you will need to clean the pump or occasionally run a tank or 2 of 93 to keep the pump ok.

I will take this moment to ask.... what are your goals with this car?
I want to keep the stock motor. Bolt ons are okay in terms of cost, rebuilding the engine or getting a long block is not something I want for this car. If I'm going to spend that kind of money I don't want to spend it on a FWD car. The whole reason I got it was because one, I've liked the car ever since I was a kid and two, so I can fly past Mustangs and see the look on their face when a Japanese hatchback passes their American muscle. If I were to spend any money on a built motor it would be an STI, as much as I like this car I like the STI a whole lot more, it's been my dream car ever since I could remember. This car is just a stepping stone for me to get into tuning and really modifying for power gains. And for the record I really do love this platform the more I get into it. It has its problems but overall it's a great motor.

It is still my daily though, so I would like to keep the power well within the limits of the stock block to increase longevity. If running ethanol gets me too close to the limit then I will stick with plain old 93. But I'd like to make enough power, like I mentioned before, to fly past Mustangs. I know it's more than possible with the S4, as I was already pretty damn close with my K04.

The only reason I am going big turbo is because my K04 blew up and the S4 is the same cost as a new K04 from Mazda. I will be working with Purple Drank for my tune, I keep hearing great things about them and I like how they keep the low end torque down to spare the connecting rods.
 Old 07-04-2018, 07:23 PM   #7

(Thread Starter)
Not Ranked  0 score     

Originally Posted by Solarsurge View Post
OK, thank god lol. Yea, there's pretty substantial testing that shows there's virtually nothing to be gained by going above 50% ethanol and, in most cases, it causes more harm than good on our platform. 50/50 mix is the max I'd personally run. But you are fuel limited to 380ish HP no matter how you go unless you upgrade the stock in-tank fuel pump or add another tank with PI.
I think I'll go for E30 mix. Keep it safe on the HPFP and Stratified has great instructions on how to mix for E30. I am going to get it tuned with Purple Drank though, Stratified kind of let me down with the speed of service and took a whole week to reply to literally any questions I had.