register gallery

Go Back   Mazdaspeed Forums >
MAZDASPEED SECTION
>
Mazdaspeed 3 MZR Gen2 Forums (2010-2013)
> 2010 MS3 - Car Audio & Electronics

Notices

Welcome to Mazdaspeed Forums .

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

*When you join MSF as a registered user, there will be No Ads.

*Registered Members get access to the Off Topic Area of the Forum

*Registered Members have an opportunity to upgrade their accounts to VIP, which brings a host of goddies for supporting MSF such as Raffles, Additional Forum Access, More PM Storage, The ability to upload more Images and many other enhancements.

*Registered members also get access to the live chat box!
Like Tree3Likes
  • 1 Post By Vater
  • 1 Post By snailD
  • 1 Post By klebel

Bookmark and Share LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
 Old 02-18-2010, 10:14 PM   #1

thenewzolt has much to be proud ofthenewzolt has much to be proud ofthenewzolt has much to be proud ofthenewzolt has much to be proud ofthenewzolt has much to be proud ofthenewzolt has much to be proud ofthenewzolt has much to be proud ofthenewzolt has much to be proud of
Groans: 3
Groaned at 0 Times in 0 Posts
(Thread Starter)
Not Ranked  0 score     
Default heated seats on a 2010..

So i took apart my dash earlier and it looks like the ash tray has the two connectors for the heated seats on the normal 3. I was wondering if we switched out the ash trays would we have heated seats?? anyone try this?

http://www.autoincar.com/wp-content/...3-interior.jpg
thenewzolt is offline   Reply With Quote
 Old 02-18-2010, 10:32 PM   #2

mtnrunner is the leader of the worldmtnrunner is the leader of the worldmtnrunner is the leader of the worldmtnrunner is the leader of the worldmtnrunner is the leader of the worldmtnrunner is the leader of the worldmtnrunner is the leader of the worldmtnrunner is the leader of the worldmtnrunner is the leader of the worldmtnrunner is the leader of the worldmtnrunner is the leader of the world
Groans: 21
Groaned at 5 Times in 5 Posts
Not Ranked  0 score     

Its going to take more than just plugging some switches into the harness in order for you to have heated seats. I am positive that your seats dont have heating elements inside of them.
thenewzolt (02-18-2010)
 Old 02-18-2010, 10:59 PM   #3

thenewzolt has much to be proud ofthenewzolt has much to be proud ofthenewzolt has much to be proud ofthenewzolt has much to be proud ofthenewzolt has much to be proud ofthenewzolt has much to be proud ofthenewzolt has much to be proud ofthenewzolt has much to be proud of
(Thread Starter)
Not Ranked  0 score     

alright thanks for the input. i knew it couldnt be that easy lol
 Old 02-20-2010, 03:11 AM   #4

liquoredonlife has a reputation beyond reputeliquoredonlife has a reputation beyond reputeliquoredonlife has a reputation beyond reputeliquoredonlife has a reputation beyond reputeliquoredonlife has a reputation beyond reputeliquoredonlife has a reputation beyond reputeliquoredonlife has a reputation beyond reputeliquoredonlife has a reputation beyond reputeliquoredonlife has a reputation beyond reputeliquoredonlife has a reputation beyond reputeliquoredonlife has a reputation beyond repute
Groans: 0
Not Ranked  0 score     

Maybe if there's a fuse for it, and you somehow obtain the GT seats from the regular 3.
liquoredonlife is offline   Reply With Quote
 Old 02-20-2010, 04:39 AM   #5

(Thread Starter)
Not Ranked  0 score     

yeah its really not worth it though.. i was just wondering
 Old 03-04-2010, 08:40 AM   #6

Seth has a spectacular aura aboutSeth has a spectacular aura about
Not Ranked  0 score     

My speed 3 has heated seats. there are 2 switch (one for each side). I dont know why I have them and you don't... maybe the canadian version of the 3's.... freezing our ass here!
Seth is offline   Reply With Quote
 Old 03-04-2010, 11:32 AM   #7

ETERNAL is the leader of the worldETERNAL is the leader of the worldETERNAL is the leader of the worldETERNAL is the leader of the worldETERNAL is the leader of the worldETERNAL is the leader of the worldETERNAL is the leader of the worldETERNAL is the leader of the worldETERNAL is the leader of the worldETERNAL is the leader of the worldETERNAL is the leader of the world
Thanked 3,371 Times in 281 Posts
Groans: 124
Groaned at 25 Times in 19 Posts
Neutral  +1 score     

The canadians get all the cool features, but pay an arm and a leg for them.
ETERNAL is offline   Reply With Quote
 Old 03-04-2010, 08:42 PM   #8

snailD is the leader of the worldsnailD is the leader of the worldsnailD is the leader of the worldsnailD is the leader of the worldsnailD is the leader of the worldsnailD is the leader of the worldsnailD is the leader of the worldsnailD is the leader of the worldsnailD is the leader of the worldsnailD is the leader of the worldsnailD is the leader of the world
Thanked 2,740 Times in 1,048 Posts
Groans: 19
Groaned at 26 Times in 19 Posts
Not Ranked  0 score     

i never really understood why anyone would want heated seats. it feels like you farted and it doesnt leave your pants.
snailD is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to snailD For This Useful Post:
neotide87 (11-12-2010)
 Old 03-05-2010, 07:12 PM   #9

Vater is the leader of the worldVater is the leader of the worldVater is the leader of the worldVater is the leader of the worldVater is the leader of the worldVater is the leader of the worldVater is the leader of the worldVater is the leader of the worldVater is the leader of the worldVater is the leader of the worldVater is the leader of the world
Groans: 5
Groaned at 1 Time in 1 Post
Not Ranked  0 score     

Heated seats are one of the greatest inventions ever. If your farts are that warm it's time to see a gastroenterologist.
chrischil likes this.

2010 Mazdaspeed3 Sport | Black Mica w/ Tech Package
__________________________________________________ _______________________________________________
| JBR SSP Stage 2 | JBR 88 duro RMM | Sure Aeros SRI | HTP TIP | DDM HID lows | Corksport LED fogs |
| FIAMM low tone Freeway Blaster | Kumho Ecsta LE Sport (stock wheels) | Black 16x7 Flik FTDs (winter) |

______________________________| 215/55/R16 Falken Eurowinters (winter) |____________________________
Vater is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Vater For This Useful Post:
chrischil (07-19-2014)
 Old 03-05-2010, 07:54 PM   #10

snailD is the leader of the worldsnailD is the leader of the worldsnailD is the leader of the worldsnailD is the leader of the worldsnailD is the leader of the worldsnailD is the leader of the worldsnailD is the leader of the worldsnailD is the leader of the worldsnailD is the leader of the worldsnailD is the leader of the worldsnailD is the leader of the world
Thanked 2,740 Times in 1,048 Posts
Groans: 19
Groaned at 26 Times in 19 Posts
Not Ranked  0 score     

i think i might..... but anyways i think a heated steering wheel would be awesome for the winter, my hands are always freezing after grabbing the cold wheel, and i find myself pointing my vents toward 10 and 2 and leaving my hands in those spots as much as possible
chrischil likes this.
snailD is offline   Reply With Quote
 Old 04-12-2010, 08:36 AM   #11

klebel is an unknown quantity at this point
Not Ranked  0 score     

Originally Posted by speedyD View Post
i never really understood why anyone would want heated seats. it feels like you farted and it doesnt leave your pants.

I got heated seats in my last car just because it came with them. I used to think the same thing as you. Now I will never live without them. When I found out that my new MS3 didn't even have the OPTION of all the bling stuff that the standard 3 had, I instantly upgraded to the autotinting mirror with Homelink and aftermarket seat warmers put in by the dealership. Worth every damn penny. When it is 25 deg out and I fire up the seats, I am in heaven. My lazy ass would have gotten the factory road following HIDS and auto wipers too if they would have offered them.
chrischil likes this.

JBARONE Stage 2 Short Shift Kit - Corksport Turbo Inlet - Corksport Short Ram Intake - Corksport Motor Mount Inserts - Corksport Racing Pipe - Heated Seats - 20% tinted windows - Auto Dimming Mirror - Hot Co-Pilot
klebel is offline   Reply With Quote
 Old 11-11-2010, 04:34 PM   #12

ZipprSuitdSungod is the leader of the worldZipprSuitdSungod is the leader of the worldZipprSuitdSungod is the leader of the worldZipprSuitdSungod is the leader of the worldZipprSuitdSungod is the leader of the worldZipprSuitdSungod is the leader of the worldZipprSuitdSungod is the leader of the worldZipprSuitdSungod is the leader of the worldZipprSuitdSungod is the leader of the worldZipprSuitdSungod is the leader of the worldZipprSuitdSungod is the leader of the world
Groans: 68
Groaned at 11 Times in 7 Posts
Not Ranked  0 score     

Originally Posted by klebel View Post
I got heated seats in my last car just because it came with them. I used to think the same thing as you. Now I will never live without them. When I found out that my new MS3 didn't even have the OPTION of all the bling stuff that the standard 3 had, I instantly upgraded to the autotinting mirror with Homelink and aftermarket seat warmers put in by the dealership. Worth every damn penny. When it is 25 deg out and I fire up the seats, I am in heaven. My lazy ass would have gotten the factory road following HIDS and auto wipers too if they would have offered them.
Do you know what aftermarketer your dealer used in the heated seat install?
ZipprSuitdSungod is offline   Reply With Quote
 Old 11-12-2010, 02:23 PM   #13

edspeed3 is a glorious beacon of lightedspeed3 is a glorious beacon of lightedspeed3 is a glorious beacon of lightedspeed3 is a glorious beacon of lightedspeed3 is a glorious beacon of lightedspeed3 is a glorious beacon of light
Groans: 1
Groaned at 20 Times in 5 Posts
Not Ranked  0 score     

2011s have heated seats in the tech package. the 2010s were a base even with the tech which is why on the 2010 models you can see alot of things missing on the US version that the Canadian version got. the 2011 models should be pretty much identical though
CP-E 75dm RMM
DDM 55w 5k HIDs
resonator delete
Cobb SRI
Block8head defrost vent pod / Prosport 52mm electric boost gauge
Tanabe NF210 Springs
HKS SSQV V1 BPV
JbR Rear Sway Bar
edspeed3 is offline   Reply With Quote
 Old 11-12-2010, 02:41 PM   #14

Ckmazdaspeed3 is the leader of the worldCkmazdaspeed3 is the leader of the worldCkmazdaspeed3 is the leader of the worldCkmazdaspeed3 is the leader of the worldCkmazdaspeed3 is the leader of the worldCkmazdaspeed3 is the leader of the worldCkmazdaspeed3 is the leader of the worldCkmazdaspeed3 is the leader of the worldCkmazdaspeed3 is the leader of the worldCkmazdaspeed3 is the leader of the worldCkmazdaspeed3 is the leader of the world
Thanked 2,343 Times in 1,060 Posts
Groans: 134
Groaned at 22 Times in 19 Posts
Not Ranked  0 score     

I had a 2010 3s gt and the heated seats sucked compared to my vw. I wonder if aftermarkets are any better???

Originally Posted by klebel View Post
Totally agree, once you have them, they're pretty hard to live w/o... Even if they suck like my mazdas did.

What's the priceish on something like this?

Last edited by Ckmazdaspeed3; 11-12-2010 at 02:41 PM. Reason: MSF Database - Automerged Doublepost
Ckmazdaspeed3 is offline   Reply With Quote
 Old 11-12-2010, 02:54 PM   #15

ZipprSuitdSungod is the leader of the worldZipprSuitdSungod is the leader of the worldZipprSuitdSungod is the leader of the worldZipprSuitdSungod is the leader of the worldZipprSuitdSungod is the leader of the worldZipprSuitdSungod is the leader of the worldZipprSuitdSungod is the leader of the worldZipprSuitdSungod is the leader of the worldZipprSuitdSungod is the leader of the worldZipprSuitdSungod is the leader of the worldZipprSuitdSungod is the leader of the world
Groans: 68
Groaned at 11 Times in 7 Posts
Not Ranked  0 score     

If they are offering heated seats on the 2011 Speed, it's news to me......AND to Mazda. No such creature in the tech package.
ZipprSuitdSungod is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to ZipprSuitdSungod For This Useful Post:
Nataphen (11-13-2010)
 Old 11-12-2010, 08:33 PM   #16

bertrand_CX_7 is the leader of the worldbertrand_CX_7 is the leader of the worldbertrand_CX_7 is the leader of the worldbertrand_CX_7 is the leader of the worldbertrand_CX_7 is the leader of the worldbertrand_CX_7 is the leader of the worldbertrand_CX_7 is the leader of the worldbertrand_CX_7 is the leader of the worldbertrand_CX_7 is the leader of the worldbertrand_CX_7 is the leader of the worldbertrand_CX_7 is the leader of the world
Groans: 53
Groaned at 145 Times in 38 Posts
Not Ranked  0 score     

Had 1 on my 2007 CX-7 GT AWD and never used it.

The first weeks after I bougth that car it tried to used it and the gas tank was going down like an inflatted ballon....
2010 MazdaSpeed3 Velocity Red: Forge BPV V2, CP-e [HPFP, TMIC, Driver + passenger Mount, 75-A], CorkSport [RSB, Coilover, camber plate], SPC rear camber arm, JBR SSP stg2 + heavy knob, Cobb [ SRI, AP ], HTP 3.5" TIP, - STG2 PERM tuned by DJ, Ultimate Racing TBE (Metal core DP). Aeroforce dual guages, Hankook R-S3 on stock wheels, Sparco Evo2 race seat. ARP long wheel studs -- 17x9 ET 45+ Kosei K1 TS on 255/40/17 on Dunlop Direzza ZII.

Pending install: JB EGR block plate

Next mod:CorkSport[ Front + Rear swaybar endlinks ], OCC, brake upgrade (CorkSport or BBK), 6 point Harness.

2007 CX-7 GT AWD: CPE CAI, ETS 3" TMIC, JB EGR block plate ,Matt's OCC, AutoExec Strut tower bar, AutoExec lower arm bar, Nittos 420 tires, 12" JBL subwoofer with Bose system.
bertrand_CX_7 is offline   Reply With Quote
 Old 11-12-2010, 08:41 PM   #17

Ckmazdaspeed3 is the leader of the worldCkmazdaspeed3 is the leader of the worldCkmazdaspeed3 is the leader of the worldCkmazdaspeed3 is the leader of the worldCkmazdaspeed3 is the leader of the worldCkmazdaspeed3 is the leader of the worldCkmazdaspeed3 is the leader of the worldCkmazdaspeed3 is the leader of the worldCkmazdaspeed3 is the leader of the worldCkmazdaspeed3 is the leader of the worldCkmazdaspeed3 is the leader of the world
Thanked 2,343 Times in 1,060 Posts
Groans: 134
Groaned at 22 Times in 19 Posts
Not Ranked  0 score     

Originally Posted by bertrand_CX_7 View Post
Had 1 on my 2007 CX-7 GT AWD and never used it.

The first weeks after I bougth that car it tried to used it and the gas tank was going down like an inflatted ballon....
I have no idea what you are talking about.
Ckmazdaspeed3 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Ckmazdaspeed3 For This Useful Post:
neotide87 (11-12-2010)