register gallery

Go Back   Mazdaspeed Forums >
MAZDASPEED SECTION
>
Mazdaspeed 3 MZR Gen2 Forums (2010-2013)
> 2010 MS3 - Troubleshoot/Diagnostics

Welcome to Mazdaspeed Forums .

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

*When you join MSF as a registered user, there will be No Ads.

*Registered Members get access to the Off Topic Area of the Forum

*Registered Members have an opportunity to upgrade their accounts to VIP, which brings a host of goddies for supporting MSF such as Raffles, Additional Forum Access, More PM Storage, The ability to upload more Images and many other enhancements.

*Registered members also get access to the live chat box!

Bookmark and Share LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
 Old 07-21-2011, 08:29 AM   #1

countzero2k9 is a glorious beacon of lightcountzero2k9 is a glorious beacon of lightcountzero2k9 is a glorious beacon of lightcountzero2k9 is a glorious beacon of lightcountzero2k9 is a glorious beacon of lightcountzero2k9 is a glorious beacon of light
Groans: 0
Groaned at 1 Time in 1 Post
(Thread Starter)
Not Ranked  0 score     
Exclamation Auto Climate Control Turning off

Over the last week my Automatic Climate Contol has been turning off at random times during the day. When it does this I'll hit the button on the knob and it will turn back on for a while but it will usually cut off again within 10 or 15 minutes.

The A/C itself never turns off, just the auto climate control setting. When it kicks off the fan turns up to almost full blast so that's how I know when it happens.

Has anyone else had this issue?

I'm worried if I take it to the dealer they will only drive it for a few minutes and won't be able to replicate it so nothing will get fixed.
2010 Black Mica Mazdaspeed3 (rebaded to MPS), COBB AP, Autotech Internals, Corksport SRI & TIP, CP-E RMM, Eibach Prokit, SPC Camber Links, 6000k 35w HIDs, Jbarone SSP and bushings, LED interior lights, Vent Visors, more to come...
countzero2k9 is offline   Reply With Quote
 Old 07-21-2011, 12:58 PM   #2

Silver Ecstasy is the leader of the worldSilver Ecstasy is the leader of the worldSilver Ecstasy is the leader of the worldSilver Ecstasy is the leader of the worldSilver Ecstasy is the leader of the worldSilver Ecstasy is the leader of the worldSilver Ecstasy is the leader of the worldSilver Ecstasy is the leader of the worldSilver Ecstasy is the leader of the worldSilver Ecstasy is the leader of the worldSilver Ecstasy is the leader of the world
Groans: 24
Groaned at 81 Times in 33 Posts
Not Ranked  0 score     

Try turning the fan speed to the lowest setting first, then hitting Auto?

Auto Climate Control will operate at the settings it needs to respond to the temperature you set. So if you put it to 60*, it's probably going to go full speed on the fans, A/C on, recirculating air on, and position the air delivery to the top vents.

If auto is turning off, it would essentially just resume whatever fan speed you had it on before, or continue to pump at the same speed as it was on "Auto". But the fan should gradually slow as the desired temp is reached.
2011 LSM Mazdaspeed 3 Sport w/tech pkg - sold
Silver Ecstasy is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Silver Ecstasy For This Useful Post:
countzero2k9 (07-21-2011)
 Old 07-21-2011, 01:50 PM   #3

countzero2k9 is a glorious beacon of lightcountzero2k9 is a glorious beacon of lightcountzero2k9 is a glorious beacon of lightcountzero2k9 is a glorious beacon of lightcountzero2k9 is a glorious beacon of lightcountzero2k9 is a glorious beacon of light
Groaned at 1 Time in 1 Post
(Thread Starter)
Not Ranked  0 score     

Nice suggestion to make it less annoying when it turns itself off. But its not supposed to turn off at all, or am I missing something?

Auto climate control never turned off by itself in my 2006 3s GT. It would always auto adjust the fan speed to as needed depending on the temperature I set. And thats what its doing in the MS3. It's just recently that the Auto function is turning off at random times for no apparent reason. One minute I can look down and the light is on and the next its blowing more and I look down and notice that the light is off and I have to reenable Auto Climate control.

Just seriously confused. Thanks for the response though I'm used to a lot of views and no responses...
2010 Black Mica Mazdaspeed3 (rebaded to MPS), COBB AP, Autotech Internals, Corksport SRI & TIP, CP-E RMM, Eibach Prokit, SPC Camber Links, 6000k 35w HIDs, Jbarone SSP and bushings, LED interior lights, Vent Visors, more to come...
countzero2k9 is offline   Reply With Quote
 Old 07-21-2011, 01:53 PM   #4

Silver Ecstasy is the leader of the worldSilver Ecstasy is the leader of the worldSilver Ecstasy is the leader of the worldSilver Ecstasy is the leader of the worldSilver Ecstasy is the leader of the worldSilver Ecstasy is the leader of the worldSilver Ecstasy is the leader of the worldSilver Ecstasy is the leader of the worldSilver Ecstasy is the leader of the worldSilver Ecstasy is the leader of the worldSilver Ecstasy is the leader of the world
Groans: 24
Groaned at 81 Times in 33 Posts
Not Ranked  0 score     

Yeah i'm not sure if it's supposed to auto-shut off either? Maybe that's part of it being automatic at everything lol? Maybe it's reached the desired temperature?
2011 LSM Mazdaspeed 3 Sport w/tech pkg - sold
Silver Ecstasy is offline   Reply With Quote
 Old 07-21-2011, 02:01 PM   #5

adlpb is the leader of the worldadlpb is the leader of the worldadlpb is the leader of the worldadlpb is the leader of the worldadlpb is the leader of the worldadlpb is the leader of the worldadlpb is the leader of the worldadlpb is the leader of the worldadlpb is the leader of the worldadlpb is the leader of the worldadlpb is the leader of the world
Thanked 11,952 Times in 4,235 Posts
Groans: 669
Groaned at 34 Times in 32 Posts
Not Ranked  0 score     

No, I've had my auto climate control on for hours and it didn't shut off. Do your best to re create the situation with a service rep.

Fast cars are for straight lines. Corners are for fast drivers.

2006 Corvette Z06 - AKA "El Zorro"

Sold: 2012 Evolution X GSR - 394awhp / 378awtq

Sold: 2011 MS3 Hypnotic Tuned @ 322whp/370tq
adlpb is offline   Reply With Quote
 Old 07-21-2011, 02:33 PM   #6

messiahx1 has a spectacular aura aboutmessiahx1 has a spectacular aura aboutmessiahx1 has a spectacular aura about
Groaned at 0 Times in 0 Posts
Not Ranked  0 score     

yeah... mine has stayed on for hours of driving without shutting off. Something's definitely wrong there.
messiahx1 is offline   Reply With Quote
 Old 07-21-2011, 06:35 PM   #7

Jetech will become famous soon enoughJetech will become famous soon enough
Groaned at 4 Times in 3 Posts
Not Ranked  0 score     

Im getting a similar problem. If im idling for long periods of time my A/C starts going bonkers. Turns high then low. Circulation to outside, back to circulation. All the mean while no cold air is coming out. The vents get all wet from condensation and the a/c just cycles through this stupid settings with no cold air. I did have a front end collision in march, wondering if that could be the cause. Can anyone help?
Jetech is offline   Reply With Quote
 Old 07-21-2011, 06:42 PM   #8

Yanahdi is the leader of the worldYanahdi is the leader of the worldYanahdi is the leader of the worldYanahdi is the leader of the worldYanahdi is the leader of the worldYanahdi is the leader of the worldYanahdi is the leader of the worldYanahdi is the leader of the worldYanahdi is the leader of the worldYanahdi is the leader of the worldYanahdi is the leader of the world
Groans: 3
Not Ranked  0 score     

Weird almost sounds like something is shorting. Check your fuses? IDK
The auto climate when it reaches temp will just gradually step down to the lowest fan setting. If the desired temp is the same as ambient it will switch from recirc to fresh on it's own, it certainly shouldn't turn itself off.
Yanahdi is offline   Reply With Quote
 Old 07-21-2011, 06:47 PM   #9

burntRice is the leader of the worldburntRice is the leader of the worldburntRice is the leader of the worldburntRice is the leader of the worldburntRice is the leader of the worldburntRice is the leader of the worldburntRice is the leader of the worldburntRice is the leader of the worldburntRice is the leader of the worldburntRice is the leader of the worldburntRice is the leader of the world
Groans: 10
Groaned at 25 Times in 5 Posts
Not Ranked  0 score     

Originally Posted by Jetech View Post
Im getting a similar problem. If im idling for long periods of time my A/C starts going bonkers. Turns high then low. Circulation to outside, back to circulation. All the mean while no cold air is coming out. The vents get all wet from condensation and the a/c just cycles through this stupid settings with no cold air. I did have a front end collision in march, wondering if that could be the cause. Can anyone help?
This happened in my audi, but in that car it would go into eco mode and blow outside temp air. It was electrical...not a problem with any parts...brought the car to the dealer and after 3 hours all they had to say was "it was electrical" lol
08' Speed3 GT --> CP-e sri - CP-e tip - forge v1 bpv - TWM short shift - JBR shift knob - JBR 88duro trilogy - JBR shifter bushings - CNT racing CBE - CNT racing DP (waiting for fuel pump) - Evo X's - Federal SS595's 225/40r18
burntRice is offline   Reply With Quote
 Old 07-22-2011, 09:45 PM   #10

Jetech will become famous soon enoughJetech will become famous soon enough
Groaned at 4 Times in 3 Posts
Not Ranked  0 score     

The problem is that it was on manual settings. Fan control speeds up and slows down by itself. Auto was not on. In addition the air that comes out at first smells funky, like wet or moist towel. Any suggestions?
Jetech is offline   Reply With Quote
 Old 07-23-2011, 01:40 PM   #11

Yanahdi is the leader of the worldYanahdi is the leader of the worldYanahdi is the leader of the worldYanahdi is the leader of the worldYanahdi is the leader of the worldYanahdi is the leader of the worldYanahdi is the leader of the worldYanahdi is the leader of the worldYanahdi is the leader of the worldYanahdi is the leader of the worldYanahdi is the leader of the world
Groans: 3
Not Ranked  0 score     

Run the fan on fresh air whenever you drive for a few days. If that doesn't work check your cabin air filter.
Yanahdi is offline   Reply With Quote