register gallery

Go Back   Mazdaspeed Forums >
MAZDASPEED SECTION
>
Mazdaspeed 3 MZR Gen2 Forums (2010-2013)
> 2010 MS3 - Troubleshoot/Diagnostics

Welcome to Mazdaspeed Forums .

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

*When you join MSF as a registered user, there will be No Ads.

*Registered Members get access to the Off Topic Area of the Forum

*Registered Members have an opportunity to upgrade their accounts to VIP, which brings a host of goddies for supporting MSF such as Raffles, Additional Forum Access, More PM Storage, The ability to upload more Images and many other enhancements.

*Registered members also get access to the live chat box!

Bookmark and Share LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
 Old 07-16-2017, 09:33 AM   #1

tmaiorca is a glorious beacon of lighttmaiorca is a glorious beacon of lighttmaiorca is a glorious beacon of lighttmaiorca is a glorious beacon of lighttmaiorca is a glorious beacon of lighttmaiorca is a glorious beacon of light
Groans: 1
Groaned at 0 Times in 0 Posts
(Thread Starter)
Not Ranked  0 score     
Default AP Boost Reading 98.9?

I've noticed this happening more often, almost once every other day. At first it was completely random - crushing in 6th or 5th at 2k rpms, not building boost whatsoever, and the AP would randomly for 2 seconds read 98.9PSI.

Now it's occurring when I go over a large hill, bump, or pothole. Where is the AP reading psi from? Is it possible a sensor is loose? I've never heard of this before.

The turbo builds / holds boost fine, and does not have any significant KR.

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk
RIP 2006 MS6:: CP-E CAI // 3" CP-E TIP // SU Turbosmart BPV // M2 3" Catless DP // Cobb AP v2 //CP-E Rear Motor Mount // JBR SSP //JBR OCC // 1" Springs // EGR Unplugged // JBR Coolant Bypass // JBR TIG

2010 Genpu:: JBR SRI // JBR TIH // SU Turbosmart Full Recirc BPV // Cobb AP v2 // S-OTS Tuned // RallyArmor UR
tmaiorca is offline   Reply With Quote
 Old 07-16-2017, 11:05 AM   #2

Shwa is the leader of the worldShwa is the leader of the worldShwa is the leader of the worldShwa is the leader of the worldShwa is the leader of the worldShwa is the leader of the worldShwa is the leader of the worldShwa is the leader of the worldShwa is the leader of the worldShwa is the leader of the worldShwa is the leader of the world
Groans: 0
Not Ranked  0 score     

Sounds like a connection is loose or maybe the map is going out. Haven't heard if this before
 Old 07-17-2017, 07:12 AM   #3
hidin in yo bushes

CWP_MS3 is the leader of the worldCWP_MS3 is the leader of the worldCWP_MS3 is the leader of the worldCWP_MS3 is the leader of the worldCWP_MS3 is the leader of the worldCWP_MS3 is the leader of the worldCWP_MS3 is the leader of the worldCWP_MS3 is the leader of the worldCWP_MS3 is the leader of the worldCWP_MS3 is the leader of the worldCWP_MS3 is the leader of the world
Thanked 12,742 Times in 4,717 Posts
Groans: 122
Groaned at 70 Times in 57 Posts

I've had it happen too. I think it was the connection coming loose at the AP side, IIRC. It was a while back though.

Rich Tuned
330WHP and 363TQ
10-19-13 Moore Automotive

CWP_MS3 is offline   Reply With Quote
 Old 07-17-2017, 09:54 AM   #4

qtrmile beast is the leader of the worldqtrmile beast is the leader of the worldqtrmile beast is the leader of the worldqtrmile beast is the leader of the worldqtrmile beast is the leader of the worldqtrmile beast is the leader of the worldqtrmile beast is the leader of the worldqtrmile beast is the leader of the worldqtrmile beast is the leader of the worldqtrmile beast is the leader of the worldqtrmile beast is the leader of the world
Thanked 2,487 Times in 984 Posts
Groans: 8
Groaned at 8 Times in 6 Posts
Not Ranked  0 score     

i have had this as well.. I just look at my boost gauge. Never seen this on the logs though..
track weight 3220
street weight 3370
fully built motor//carrilo rods//cp pistons//ACT 6 puck//all mounts//gt3582 turbo//CPE manifold//ported intake//h&r coils//brembo brakes//tr10 I/C//accessport
qtrmile beast is offline   Reply With Quote
 Old 07-17-2017, 11:07 AM   #5

Djohns is the leader of the worldDjohns is the leader of the worldDjohns is the leader of the worldDjohns is the leader of the worldDjohns is the leader of the worldDjohns is the leader of the worldDjohns is the leader of the worldDjohns is the leader of the worldDjohns is the leader of the worldDjohns is the leader of the worldDjohns is the leader of the world
Thanked 2,322 Times in 1,246 Posts
Groans: 81
Groaned at 7 Times in 6 Posts
Not Ranked  0 score     

It happened to me, my map sensor was just a little loose. Tightened it up and it was good to go.
The go: Depo racing: downpipe (100 cell count), custom: FMIC. HTP: 3.5" intake, under route piping. JBR: shortshifter, RSB. Autotech: HPFP internals. Go fast bits: hybrid BPV, VMR: 18x8.5 V710s, Bridgestone: potenza re760 245/40/18, KW: v3 coilovers,SPC: camber arms, freektuned, Damond Motorsports: dual OCC, PMM, PCV plate, RMM, TMM, EGR delete, FoSt mani, Corksport: battery box(fuck this thing), injector seals, Cobb: EBCS, AP v3. AEM: methanol. Seibon: carbon fiber hood. UR: catback. Bosch: 3bar. BNR: s4, DNP: EWG manifold, Tial: 38mm mvs EWG.

The show: 5% tint all around, 50% tint windshield, rally armor mudflaps, Sony XAV64BT touchscreen headunit, katskin leather interior, CPE relocation plate, Maisonvi weighted shift knob, Corksport hoodscoop, black housing headlights.

Soon:built motor
Djohns is online now   Reply With Quote
 Old 07-17-2017, 11:36 AM   #6

tmaiorca is a glorious beacon of lighttmaiorca is a glorious beacon of lighttmaiorca is a glorious beacon of lighttmaiorca is a glorious beacon of lighttmaiorca is a glorious beacon of lighttmaiorca is a glorious beacon of light
(Thread Starter)
Not Ranked  0 score     

Originally Posted by CWP_MS3 View Post
I've had it happen too. I think it was the connection coming loose at the AP side, IIRC. It was a while back though.
Interesting, I'll try and Tighten up all connections again. Thanks

Originally Posted by Djohns View Post
It happened to me, my map sensor was just a little loose. Tightened it up and it was good to go.
Huh... Would make sense. Dumb question - where is the MAP sensor located? Maf is obviously on the intake. I'd like to check mine for sure

RIP 2006 MS6:: CP-E CAI // 3" CP-E TIP // SU Turbosmart BPV // M2 3" Catless DP // Cobb AP v2 //CP-E Rear Motor Mount // JBR SSP //JBR OCC // 1" Springs // EGR Unplugged // JBR Coolant Bypass // JBR TIG

2010 Genpu:: JBR SRI // JBR TIH // SU Turbosmart Full Recirc BPV // Cobb AP v2 // S-OTS Tuned // RallyArmor UR

Last edited by tmaiorca; 07-17-2017 at 11:36 AM. Reason: MSF Database - Automerged Doublepost
 Old 07-17-2017, 04:46 PM   #7

Djohns is the leader of the worldDjohns is the leader of the worldDjohns is the leader of the worldDjohns is the leader of the worldDjohns is the leader of the worldDjohns is the leader of the worldDjohns is the leader of the worldDjohns is the leader of the worldDjohns is the leader of the worldDjohns is the leader of the worldDjohns is the leader of the world
Thanked 2,322 Times in 1,246 Posts
Groans: 81
Groaned at 7 Times in 6 Posts
Not Ranked  0 score     

Originally Posted by tmaiorca View Post
Interesting, I'll try and Tighten up all connections again. Thanks

Huh... Would make sense. Dumb question - where is the MAP sensor located? Maf is obviously on the intake. I'd like to check mine for sure

Located on the passenger side of the intake manifold. Right under runner 1.
The go: Depo racing: downpipe (100 cell count), custom: FMIC. HTP: 3.5" intake, under route piping. JBR: shortshifter, RSB. Autotech: HPFP internals. Go fast bits: hybrid BPV, VMR: 18x8.5 V710s, Bridgestone: potenza re760 245/40/18, KW: v3 coilovers,SPC: camber arms, freektuned, Damond Motorsports: dual OCC, PMM, PCV plate, RMM, TMM, EGR delete, FoSt mani, Corksport: battery box(fuck this thing), injector seals, Cobb: EBCS, AP v3. AEM: methanol. Seibon: carbon fiber hood. UR: catback. Bosch: 3bar. BNR: s4, DNP: EWG manifold, Tial: 38mm mvs EWG.

The show: 5% tint all around, 50% tint windshield, rally armor mudflaps, Sony XAV64BT touchscreen headunit, katskin leather interior, CPE relocation plate, Maisonvi weighted shift knob, Corksport hoodscoop, black housing headlights.

Soon:built motor
Djohns is online now   Reply With Quote
 Old 07-17-2017, 04:47 PM   #8

(Thread Starter)
Not Ranked  0 score     

Originally Posted by Djohns View Post
Located on the passenger side of the intake manifold. Right under runner 1.
Perfect, thanks for the info. Will check back with results