register gallery

Go Back   Mazdaspeed Forums > MSF News And Event Info > Site News & Events > Mazda Events & Meets

Welcome to Mazdaspeed Forums .

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

*When you join MSF as a registered user, there will be No Ads.

*Registered Members get access to the Off Topic Area of the Forum

*Registered Members have an opportunity to upgrade their accounts to VIP, which brings a host of goddies for supporting MSF such as Raffles, Additional Forum Access, More PM Storage, The ability to upload more Images and many other enhancements.

*Registered members also get access to the live chat box!
View Poll Results: What dates/events would you prefer?
May 27/28th 6 37.50%
July 1st-4th 5 31.25%
Aug 26/27 1 6.25%
TBD in MI 4 25.00%
Voters: 16. You may not vote on this poll

Like Tree25Likes

Bookmark and Share LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
 Old 12-06-2016, 06:45 PM   #41

nindoja is the leader of the worldnindoja is the leader of the worldnindoja is the leader of the worldnindoja is the leader of the worldnindoja is the leader of the worldnindoja is the leader of the worldnindoja is the leader of the worldnindoja is the leader of the worldnindoja is the leader of the worldnindoja is the leader of the worldnindoja is the leader of the world
Thanked 2,549 Times in 1,118 Posts
Groans: 16
Groaned at 4 Times in 4 Posts
Not Ranked  0 score     

Originally Posted by WetzMS3 View Post
I still say each team nominates certain people to count for more in each event, anyone who competes counts somehow, but designated car/drivers worth more.

Doesn't matter to me, shit should be fun, not overly complicated or competitive. Overly, we all know it'll be competitive.

Do Clint and Austin get to compete? And do they pick their teams? Cause if they pick their teams, isn't that kinda deciding the prize already? Lol

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk
I like the idea of teams picking one person per event to count more. Gives people an incentive to target one event but still count in others. I even like the idea of calling out others and having that factor in (+1 point for beating them, -1 point for losing, 0 points if you don't call someone out).
WetzMS3 likes this.
Brakes: Hawk HPS pads // ATE Superblue fluid // Stainless Steel Brake Lines
Other: CP-e Safe Seals // MattDamond shift plate // Masonvi shift knob // 3.5" WP w/recirc // RSB // IM + TB tigs // Synapse Engineering FMIC + BOV // Autotech internals
Tune: hypnotic tuned

Critical Stats:
// 305whp/352tq
// 13.34 @ 98 - Mason Dixon Dragway - 4/13/14

Titanium Gray 2006 Mazdaspeed 6
Damond Motorsports: OCC // Short shift plate // Turbo oil feed restrictor bolt
Other: Autotech internals // Ebay M2 DP // Masonvi shift knob //
nindoja is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to nindoja For This Useful Post:
WetzMS3 (12-06-2016)
 Old 12-06-2016, 08:14 PM   #42

MikeBavaro has a brilliant futureMikeBavaro has a brilliant futureMikeBavaro has a brilliant futureMikeBavaro has a brilliant futureMikeBavaro has a brilliant futureMikeBavaro has a brilliant futureMikeBavaro has a brilliant futureMikeBavaro has a brilliant futureMikeBavaro has a brilliant futureMikeBavaro has a brilliant futureMikeBavaro has a brilliant future
Groans: 1
Groaned at 2 Times in 2 Posts
Not Ranked  0 score     

Ill run my car at a strip in MI.....
CS Short Throw-Whiteline Bushings-CS Rear Bar
1968 Mustang
Built 289 w/ factory heads
Built C4
Bulit 8" posi
Runs low 14's at 100 flat
MikeBavaro is offline   Reply With Quote
 Old 12-06-2016, 08:21 PM   #43

WetzMS3 is the leader of the worldWetzMS3 is the leader of the worldWetzMS3 is the leader of the worldWetzMS3 is the leader of the worldWetzMS3 is the leader of the worldWetzMS3 is the leader of the worldWetzMS3 is the leader of the worldWetzMS3 is the leader of the worldWetzMS3 is the leader of the worldWetzMS3 is the leader of the worldWetzMS3 is the leader of the world
Thanked 9,203 Times in 3,608 Posts
Groans: 430
Groaned at 247 Times in 83 Posts
Not Ranked  0 score     

Originally Posted by MikeBavaro View Post
Ill run my car at a strip in MI.....
If that's what it takes, in.

Where is it? Ideally within 200 miles of home. Lol

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk

SLUNTWORKS SPEEDSHOP
WetzMS3 is offline   Reply With Quote
 Old 12-06-2016, 08:32 PM   #44

MikeBavaro has a brilliant futureMikeBavaro has a brilliant futureMikeBavaro has a brilliant futureMikeBavaro has a brilliant futureMikeBavaro has a brilliant futureMikeBavaro has a brilliant futureMikeBavaro has a brilliant futureMikeBavaro has a brilliant futureMikeBavaro has a brilliant futureMikeBavaro has a brilliant futureMikeBavaro has a brilliant future
Not Ranked  0 score     

Milan drag way is just off of rt23 south of Detroit ~40 min north of Toledo. Id just run for shits and giggles. There is no way in hell id have a chance running against most of you guys
There is also onondaga Dragway just south of Lansing
About how far will 200 miles take you into Michigan?
1968 Mustang
Built C4
Bulit 8" posi

Last edited by MikeBavaro; 12-06-2016 at 08:52 PM. Reason: Added another track
 Old 12-06-2016, 10:53 PM   #45

rocknrolla47 is just really nicerocknrolla47 is just really nicerocknrolla47 is just really nicerocknrolla47 is just really nice
Groans: 0
Groaned at 14 Times in 6 Posts
Not Ranked  0 score     

You guys should race for slips

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Corksport hpfp- Corksport long catted downpipe-Ultimate racing catback- tr6 front mount intercooler w/ cx racing piping- Jbr 3.5 tru wide path aluminum intake- Jbr 3port bcs- Jbr rear and passenger mount-Bosch 3 BAR MAP sensor- Jbr shifter bushings- Matt Damond shift plate-
rocknrolla47 is offline   Reply With Quote
 Old 12-07-2016, 07:55 PM   #46

xfeejayx is the leader of the worldxfeejayx is the leader of the worldxfeejayx is the leader of the worldxfeejayx is the leader of the worldxfeejayx is the leader of the worldxfeejayx is the leader of the worldxfeejayx is the leader of the worldxfeejayx is the leader of the worldxfeejayx is the leader of the worldxfeejayx is the leader of the worldxfeejayx is the leader of the world
Thanked 2,692 Times in 979 Posts
Groans: 78
Groaned at 33 Times in 28 Posts
Not Ranked  0 score     

Originally Posted by rocknrolla47 View Post
You guys should race for slips

If we're doing combined strip and track, I'd actually do it.
xfeejayx is offline   Reply With Quote
 Old 12-07-2016, 08:08 PM   #47

Not Ranked  0 score     

If I could afford a track day Id be all over it but my car is in desperate need of struts, good pads and sticky tires to be worth a shit on track. Its like auto-crossing a whale on the blown OEM's I have now.
1968 Mustang
Built C4
Bulit 8" posi
 Old 12-07-2016, 08:43 PM   #48

macdiesel is the leader of the worldmacdiesel is the leader of the worldmacdiesel is the leader of the worldmacdiesel is the leader of the worldmacdiesel is the leader of the worldmacdiesel is the leader of the worldmacdiesel is the leader of the worldmacdiesel is the leader of the worldmacdiesel is the leader of the worldmacdiesel is the leader of the worldmacdiesel is the leader of the world
Not Ranked  0 score     

I'm down for all dates except July fourth cuz 'Murica. In the event that there is a tie, maybe a hardpark off could be the deciding challenge. Give me some time to dial in my game.

2010 speed w/tech//Freektune//Autotech hpfp//Cobb APv3-SRI-TIH--cold air box//Corksport--Axle back exhaust//adjustable shocks and springs//LED's//Damond RMM--PMM--TMM--OCC stage II--SSP with OEM weight//HKS SSQV recirc//Fomoco honey//JBR bsd and baffle--shift bushings--51R battery tray--STS--bypass hose--tig tb coolant bypass//M2 test pipe//NGK 6510 one step chilly//StopTech SS brake lines//ETS TMIC//Progress 32mm rear sway//UMBRA tint by Nino 35%//Hawk DTC-60 up front and HPplus pads in rear//Mazda5 oem+rear brake kit//TrackMasters hood struts//

Coming up: Corksport injector seals
macdiesel is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to macdiesel For This Useful Post:
mooseaidz (12-07-2016), Nliiitend1 (12-08-2016), WetzMS3 (12-15-2016), xfeejayx (12-08-2016)
 Old 12-07-2016, 08:49 PM   #49

mooseaidz is infamous around these partsmooseaidz is infamous around these partsmooseaidz is infamous around these partsmooseaidz is infamous around these partsmooseaidz is infamous around these partsmooseaidz is infamous around these partsmooseaidz is infamous around these partsmooseaidz is infamous around these partsmooseaidz is infamous around these partsmooseaidz is infamous around these parts
Groans: 6
Groaned at 61 Times in 31 Posts
Neutral  -1 score     

Originally Posted by macdiesel View Post
I'm down for all dates except July fourth cuz 'Murica. In the event that there is a tie, maybe a hardpark off could be the deciding challenge. Give me some time to dial in my game.

I'm trying to perfect my hardparking skills @macdiesel;
WetzMS3 (12-15-2016)
 Old 12-08-2016, 04:06 PM   #50

AnimalMother is the leader of the worldAnimalMother is the leader of the worldAnimalMother is the leader of the worldAnimalMother is the leader of the worldAnimalMother is the leader of the worldAnimalMother is the leader of the worldAnimalMother is the leader of the worldAnimalMother is the leader of the worldAnimalMother is the leader of the worldAnimalMother is the leader of the worldAnimalMother is the leader of the world
Groans: 4
Groaned at 1 Time in 1 Post
Not Ranked  0 score     

Loser gets mooseaids.
Gerbilo (12-08-2016), monkey.bones.007 (12-08-2016), mooseaidz (12-08-2016)
 Old 12-08-2016, 04:25 PM   #51

mooseaidz is infamous around these partsmooseaidz is infamous around these partsmooseaidz is infamous around these partsmooseaidz is infamous around these partsmooseaidz is infamous around these partsmooseaidz is infamous around these partsmooseaidz is infamous around these partsmooseaidz is infamous around these partsmooseaidz is infamous around these partsmooseaidz is infamous around these parts
Not Ranked  0 score     

I agree! Woot! NATOR IL RULES!
WetzMS3 (12-09-2016)
 Old 12-09-2016, 02:21 PM   #52

Not Ranked  0 score     

@SofaKingAwesome;
Gerbilo (12-09-2016), WetzMS3 (12-09-2016), zenit (12-09-2016)
 Old 12-14-2016, 04:25 PM   #53

HawkeyeGeoff is the leader of the worldHawkeyeGeoff is the leader of the worldHawkeyeGeoff is the leader of the worldHawkeyeGeoff is the leader of the worldHawkeyeGeoff is the leader of the worldHawkeyeGeoff is the leader of the worldHawkeyeGeoff is the leader of the worldHawkeyeGeoff is the leader of the worldHawkeyeGeoff is the leader of the worldHawkeyeGeoff is the leader of the worldHawkeyeGeoff is the leader of the world
Thanked 2,707 Times in 1,397 Posts
Groans: 13
Groaned at 23 Times in 13 Posts
Not Ranked  0 score     

Just finally looked at all this.

So....do we have to bring a Mazdaspeed? Or whats the deal?
HawkeyeGeoff is offline   Reply With Quote
 Old 12-15-2016, 05:32 AM   #54

zenit is the leader of the worldzenit is the leader of the worldzenit is the leader of the worldzenit is the leader of the worldzenit is the leader of the worldzenit is the leader of the worldzenit is the leader of the worldzenit is the leader of the worldzenit is the leader of the worldzenit is the leader of the worldzenit is the leader of the world
Thanked 2,083 Times in 729 Posts
Groans: 56
Groaned at 7 Times in 6 Posts
(Thread Starter)
Not Ranked  0 score     

Originally Posted by HawkeyeGeoff View Post
Just finally looked at all this.

So....do we have to bring a Mazdaspeed? Or whats the deal?
I'll provide a proposal for rules/structure either tonight or tomorrow.

"if anyone else acts a fool, we'll punish them to Roberts oil hut to discuss string alignment technique"
-wetzel
zenit is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to zenit For This Useful Post:
HawkeyeGeoff (12-15-2016), WetzMS3 (12-15-2016)
 Old 12-15-2016, 05:53 AM   #55

HawkeyeGeoff is the leader of the worldHawkeyeGeoff is the leader of the worldHawkeyeGeoff is the leader of the worldHawkeyeGeoff is the leader of the worldHawkeyeGeoff is the leader of the worldHawkeyeGeoff is the leader of the worldHawkeyeGeoff is the leader of the worldHawkeyeGeoff is the leader of the worldHawkeyeGeoff is the leader of the worldHawkeyeGeoff is the leader of the worldHawkeyeGeoff is the leader of the world
Not Ranked  0 score     

Originally Posted by zenit View Post
I'll provide a proposal for rules/structure either tonight or tomorrow.
Sounds good.
 Old 12-17-2016, 03:56 PM   #56

zenit is the leader of the worldzenit is the leader of the worldzenit is the leader of the worldzenit is the leader of the worldzenit is the leader of the worldzenit is the leader of the worldzenit is the leader of the worldzenit is the leader of the worldzenit is the leader of the worldzenit is the leader of the worldzenit is the leader of the world
(Thread Starter)
Not Ranked  0 score     

Proposed Rules!
Please provide feedback
Vote in the poll if you have not already!

Group with 10 points wins.

-Overall Competition-
-Drag overall-
5 points go to the lowest combined ET of top 3 contenders in a group
-Track overall-
5 points go to the lowest combined lap times of top 3 contenders in a group

-Race-specific Competition-
-Drag-
Quickest 60 – 1 point
Quickest RT – 1 point
-Track-
Highest Cornering G’s – 1 point
Most consistent lap times – 1 point

Call-Outs & Style Points
-Call-Out rules-
Agreed upon by two people from different groups (Al v IL, MI v AL, MI v IL) about any aspect of racing (single drag race, grudge matches, etc.) – 1 point to the victor's team per challenge. Limit of 3 points per team.
-Bi-Winning-
Team of the individual with lowest combined ET & Lap time gets 1 point.
-Meat-ball flag-
Team with the most broken cars gets 1 point.
-'Endurance' Racing-
Team with that consumes the most booze over the weekend gets 1 point.

Tiebreakers
In the unlikely event that two groups get 10 points, the team with the most points win. If two teams have exactly the same amount of points, then the group with the lowest combined 3 fastest ET’s & 3 track times win.

Details of events choices:

[/SIZE]
1) May 27th/28th @ Black Hawk Farms (HPDE&Time Trials) / Great Lakes Dragaway

2) July 1st-4th @ Black Hawk Farms (HPDE&time trials) / Great Lakes Dragaway

3) August 26/27th @ Milwaukee Mile (HPDE&Time Trials) / Great Lakes Dragaway

4) Dates TBD @ Gingerman (HPDE only) & drag strip TBD

Mentions:
@MATT DAMOND; Matt @silvapain; Daniel @xfeejayx; Farhan @phate; Clint @Speed_j23; Jonny Jon Jon @Nliiitend1; Alex @JTMS3; JT @Metal409; Charlie @Pharms3; @Carl; Hot Carl @FightaX; Eugene @JLee1469; Justin @naoandlater; Nao @93silvergt; @event; @Smily27; @dgus429; @seige123; @mbrown0304; @2011speed; @MS6 Sanchez; @G Sp33dy; @Alpha; Fernando @J-Liss; Josh @mazdafreak; Shawn @Amnesiac; @justinspeed3; Justin @blackmicamps6; Dom @06speedemon; @Sal's_MS6; Sal @windyzoom; @ant00man; @sick_role; Rob @Gladcow; Mike @MS3johanna; Johanna @dsb_chicago; David @Chicagospeed6; Fernando @Chuthor; John @classybum; @76TR6; @Deldran; Andrew @GODspeed7; Rich @Jabl3s; @xtasy; @roppy84; @Rizz Nasty; @Th3Bl3wmunk3y; @SneakySin; MarShaun @Jhornbrook; John @AlsMS6; @SPD3-11; @xtwoonamatchx; Cole @escobedo; Nick @fretburnr; Jay @monkey.bones.007; @LawLess; @ciezczak1; David @avesfan101; @WetzMS3; Chris @siegsuwa; Isaac @Mazdazilla6; Austin @agant13; Aaron @Trey-Z; Carlo @06speedemon; Tim @ilias; Ilia @G Sp33dy; Greg @dead-zone; Pavel @shpeedtree; Mark @Turbo_Steve; Steve @Faez0rbeamz; Fae @slowsp33d; Aaron @StellarSpeed; @dtrackstar; Demetri @msp2709; Ken @macdiesel; Sean @anthony2010speed3; @Cell Block 54; @darthxar; Scott @browntown; Nick @slowspd; Eric @Scott4957; Scott @SPD3-11; Brad @monkey.bones.007; Matty @stockms3; Eric @zenit; Robert @lj636; Jim @CFI2008; Steve @Heavybrownfoot; Angel @DBspeed3; Dan @MattyB; Matt @Arnie1229; Josh @untitledav; Dave @Mercondar; Karolis @deeAYEennENNwhy; Danny @Djohns; David @AnimalMother; Abe @Big Mike; Big Mike @Hemifreak; Ryan @ms_3; Niko @Nellz; Janelle @phillyb hates me!; @BlkMicaMS6; @Micha; Micha @muffhugger; Mike @Gerbilo;

@nindoja; @Bucker; @Tenchix; @Hemifreak; @spiffy9999; @Reijin; @YoursTruly; @JDW1; @Tallenm1; @Sideshow247; @Naaman; @chrischil; @moosehead; @SVNspeed; @SKiZZ; @Snoogans; @kentwat; @JBThrasher22; @kornybun; @BAZINGAboyd89; @JgamB; @ionux; @chaser27; @bhamitgeek; @Archer; @DaddyPete; @countzero2k9; @13Speed3; @babbakanoush; @biggman026; @slouth2000; @mattelmore; @DavesMS3; @Spoofmastafly; @CameronTaylor21; @neetriht; @jet2108; @moomooz12; @ghostrider; @ginger_ms6; @speedpickle; @thomasmesser707; @Luvmuscle99; @Zujin87; @vanos954; @CHefB; @IAmXxEpicxX; @ThePatient; @SpecE30Racer; @angel_1168; @bshotts422; @Dudeitsams6; @mdb4879; @ttgeoff; @DuckTape Dude; @Cmfk; @collink; @Xtrinsic1337; @thatguyinms; @Gswin10Spd3; @Tommyhusted

@06MS6GT; @aackthpt; @AlaskaTransplant; @ALPINEST4RS; @Badazz Pitbull; @Badger_; @Beans; @Blueiii; @Boo5ted; @BoostedM; @Boostin'likeAboss; @Braindeadx64; @buggy164; @buttons; @bwbranden; @Bzammitt; @cabrone; @Captain_Slow; @Chef_A2; @chrisjnas; @derek0609; @desync0; @det_ms3; @det_ms3; @DetSpeed3; @dixiesmash; @Dr. Racecraft; @dstemplez; @econman; @ehaab; @Etipp98; @FilthyMonkey187; @FlipMz3Drvr; @fornetti14; @Frost881; @Funkster777; @grantica2000; @HawkeyeGeoff; @IamJamen; @InkedInspector; @itsstock02; @jbbuie; @Jebus; @jgarmo; @jonj1017; @Jsayre88; @KeithNash; @khammzz; @KingOfSpades007; @lat0102; @LuvMySpeed3; @LynzeC; @maisonvi; @Mastermind46 ; @MazdaSleeper; @Mazdaspeed3569; @Mazdazilla6; @mazspeedshiz; @MCsamsquanch; @mdetweil; @mdp3; @MiUnicorn; @mole; @Motocooney; @Nate...; @Nathan_H; @natthomp; @nickaspeed3; @Noodlesincup; @nosnhoj1078; @NoTraction; @Oni; @PearlySpeed3; @pingaboo; @pirate steve; @punkk77; @r0cknry; @R4LLY3; @RaPiER; @RastaRican718; @Roketdriver; @sailnaked6842; @Shawn_Diggidy; @Simoli; @slide; @speed3 britz; @Speed3_Guy; @speed312; @speeda; @SpeedNess; @squats; @StaticPrevails; @Timmysb1980; @TMiller; @TrickShot; @TuRbii; @under28world; @Vansquish; @WhiteLightning1106; @Will915; @xcoldricex; @Xroads97; @Zipper; @speedfreak39; @06Speed6OhThree41; @MikeBavaro; @jrupp; @speedfreak426; @Bingo; @ToyCop; @kravisha; @dammitcam; @LeveeciusMS6; @Rivak;
macdiesel likes this.

"if anyone else acts a fool, we'll punish them to Roberts oil hut to discuss string alignment technique"
-wetzel

Last edited by zenit; 12-17-2016 at 04:48 PM.
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to zenit For This Useful Post:
Djohns (12-17-2016), Gerbilo (12-20-2016), Mastermind46 (12-21-2016), MATT DAMOND (01-12-2017), Mazdazilla6 (12-17-2016), WetzMS3 (12-19-2016)
 Old 12-17-2016, 04:01 PM   #57

Djohns is the leader of the worldDjohns is the leader of the worldDjohns is the leader of the worldDjohns is the leader of the worldDjohns is the leader of the worldDjohns is the leader of the worldDjohns is the leader of the worldDjohns is the leader of the worldDjohns is the leader of the worldDjohns is the leader of the worldDjohns is the leader of the world
Thanked 2,498 Times in 1,359 Posts
Groans: 105
Groaned at 9 Times in 8 Posts
Not Ranked  0 score     

Points for breaking shit? Nator IL has this shit in the bag, my car breaks when I look at it.
The go: Depo racing: downpipe (100 cell count), custom: FMIC. HTP: 3.5" intake, under route piping. JBR: shortshifter, RSB. Autotech: HPFP internals. Go fast bits: hybrid BPV, VMR: 18x8.5 V710s, Bridgestone: potenza re760 245/40/18, KW: v3 coilovers,SPC: camber arms, freektuned, Damond Motorsports: dual OCC, PMM, PCV plate, RMM, TMM, EGR delete, FoSt mani, Corksport: battery box(fuck this thing), injector seals, Cobb: EBCS, AP v3. AEM: methanol. Seibon: carbon fiber hood. UR: catback. Bosch: 3bar. BNR: s4, DNP: EWG manifold, Tial: 38mm mvs EWG.

The show: 5% tint all around, 50% tint windshield, rally armor mudflaps, Sony XAV64BT touchscreen headunit, katskin leather interior, CPE relocation plate, Maisonvi weighted shift knob, Corksport hoodscoop, black housing headlights.

Soon:built motor
Djohns is offline   Reply With Quote
 Old 12-17-2016, 04:14 PM   #58

maisonvi is the leader of the worldmaisonvi is the leader of the worldmaisonvi is the leader of the worldmaisonvi is the leader of the worldmaisonvi is the leader of the worldmaisonvi is the leader of the worldmaisonvi is the leader of the worldmaisonvi is the leader of the worldmaisonvi is the leader of the worldmaisonvi is the leader of the worldmaisonvi is the leader of the world
Thanked 4,968 Times in 1,844 Posts
Groans: 75
Groaned at 10 Times in 10 Posts
Not Ranked  0 score     

Obviously gingerman is my choice, plus it's probably the most in the middle for Chicago and Detroit people. As for the strip, there are a few choices I think, but I've never been to either. I can post them later once I'm on a computer

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk
maisonvi is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to maisonvi For This Useful Post:
zenit (12-17-2016)
 Old 12-17-2016, 04:24 PM   #59

KingOfSpades007 is the leader of the worldKingOfSpades007 is the leader of the worldKingOfSpades007 is the leader of the worldKingOfSpades007 is the leader of the worldKingOfSpades007 is the leader of the worldKingOfSpades007 is the leader of the worldKingOfSpades007 is the leader of the worldKingOfSpades007 is the leader of the worldKingOfSpades007 is the leader of the worldKingOfSpades007 is the leader of the worldKingOfSpades007 is the leader of the world
Groaned at 0 Times in 0 Posts
Not Ranked  0 score     

If we're going for broken, I can chalk one up for MI if I bring my Lesbaru. /s

I'm really in this to have a good time and that's about it. Something tells me a Protege5 won't exactly be quick on the strip, and so long as I don't throw a rod, it'll do "meh" on the track.

I have RallyCross race on May 27th, so any other date I'm down with.

2002 Protege5

Performance
TWM SS
CS shifter bushings
Fidanza flywheel
Eibach springs
Tokico Illumina 5 way adj. struts
AWR MM (all 4)

Visual
JDM tails
Mini H1 7.0 35W 4500K

1993 Ford Escort GT
"The Rally-X Pig"

That cone looked rather tasty...

KingOfSpades007 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to KingOfSpades007 For This Useful Post:
zenit (12-17-2016)
 Old 12-17-2016, 04:35 PM   #60

(Thread Starter)
Not Ranked  0 score     

Originally Posted by KingOfSpades007 View Post
I'm really in this to have a good time and that's about it.
At a minimum your beer consumption helps with the 'endurance' racing points.

Originally Posted by maisonvi View Post
Obviously gingerman is my choice, plus it's probably the most in the middle for Chicago and Detroit people. As for the strip, there are a few choices I think, but I've never been to either. I can post them later once I'm on a computer

Do you have know of any groups that run time trials at gingerman?
It's hard to compare lap times in the middle of an HPDE session, due to traffic, instructors, etc.

-wetzel

Last edited by zenit; 12-17-2016 at 04:35 PM. Reason: MSF Database - Automerged Doublepost
 Old 12-17-2016, 04:37 PM   #61

maisonvi is the leader of the worldmaisonvi is the leader of the worldmaisonvi is the leader of the worldmaisonvi is the leader of the worldmaisonvi is the leader of the worldmaisonvi is the leader of the worldmaisonvi is the leader of the worldmaisonvi is the leader of the worldmaisonvi is the leader of the worldmaisonvi is the leader of the worldmaisonvi is the leader of the world
Thanked 4,968 Times in 1,844 Posts
Groans: 75
Groaned at 10 Times in 10 Posts
Not Ranked  0 score     

At a minimum your beer consumption helps with the 'endurance' racing points.

Do you have know of any groups that run time trials at gingerman?
It's hard to compare lap times in the middle of an HPDE session, due to traffic, instructors, etc.
I will contact them.

zenit likes this.
maisonvi is offline   Reply With Quote
 Old 12-19-2016, 09:41 AM   #62

Nliiitend1 is the leader of the worldNliiitend1 is the leader of the worldNliiitend1 is the leader of the worldNliiitend1 is the leader of the worldNliiitend1 is the leader of the worldNliiitend1 is the leader of the worldNliiitend1 is the leader of the worldNliiitend1 is the leader of the worldNliiitend1 is the leader of the worldNliiitend1 is the leader of the worldNliiitend1 is the leader of the world
Thanked 7,629 Times in 3,120 Posts
Groans: 67
Groaned at 17 Times in 16 Posts
Not Ranked  0 score     

Yeah, getting a clean lap can be a bitch sometimes at a crowded HPDE. There have even been times I'll only end up with one or two even at a somewhat sparsely attended CGI day...

2008 MS3 GT
2016 MX-5 Club

Nliiitend1 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Nliiitend1 For This Useful Post:
WetzMS3 (12-19-2016)
 Old 12-19-2016, 01:00 PM   #63

xfeejayx is the leader of the worldxfeejayx is the leader of the worldxfeejayx is the leader of the worldxfeejayx is the leader of the worldxfeejayx is the leader of the worldxfeejayx is the leader of the worldxfeejayx is the leader of the worldxfeejayx is the leader of the worldxfeejayx is the leader of the worldxfeejayx is the leader of the worldxfeejayx is the leader of the world
Thanked 2,692 Times in 979 Posts
Groans: 78
Groaned at 33 Times in 28 Posts
Not Ranked  0 score     

I think all that does is mess up the "most consistent laps" bit. Everybody will deal with the same traffic, and everybody should get a few clean laps. Make them count.

I would advise against BHF for a group of adrenaline filled amateurs with moderate HP FWD cars. It's not nearly as forgiving as Gingerman for run off, which I'm most likely to need.
xfeejayx is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to xfeejayx For This Useful Post:
nindoja (12-19-2016)
 Old 12-21-2016, 10:33 AM   #64

Mastermind46 is the leader of the worldMastermind46 is the leader of the worldMastermind46 is the leader of the worldMastermind46 is the leader of the worldMastermind46 is the leader of the worldMastermind46 is the leader of the worldMastermind46 is the leader of the worldMastermind46 is the leader of the worldMastermind46 is the leader of the worldMastermind46 is the leader of the worldMastermind46 is the leader of the world
Groans: 0
Groaned at 0 Times in 0 Posts
Not Ranked  0 score     

... so does this mean no one gets @mooseaidz; now??

- TR8 - HTP Under Route - Custom Cold Side - CS TP - HTP 3.5" Intake - Cobb AP V3 - DM Full Motor Mount Set - Forge V2 BPV - Autotech Internals - JBR Solid Shifter Bushings - CS DP (terMINATOR style) - Custom CBE - Whiteline RSB - Koni Sports - Eibach Springs - SPC Camber Arms - StopTech SS Lines and Pads - ATE Fluid - 55W DDM Tuning 6000K Lows - JBR OCC - DM SSP - CS LED Fogs - Maisonvi EGR Delete - DM FoST Intake Manifold - BNR S4 IWG -

Winter Beater/Exploration: 1998 Isuzu Rodeo
Autocross: 1992 Miata

Mastermind46 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Mastermind46 For This Useful Post:
Gerbilo (12-23-2016), monkey.bones.007 (12-21-2016)
 Old 12-28-2016, 08:33 AM   #65

dsb_chicago is the leader of the worlddsb_chicago is the leader of the worlddsb_chicago is the leader of the worlddsb_chicago is the leader of the worlddsb_chicago is the leader of the worlddsb_chicago is the leader of the worlddsb_chicago is the leader of the worlddsb_chicago is the leader of the worlddsb_chicago is the leader of the worlddsb_chicago is the leader of the worlddsb_chicago is the leader of the world
Groans: 28
Groaned at 5 Times in 3 Posts
Not Ranked  0 score     

Originally Posted by WetzMS3 View Post
@mooseaidz; has never showed his face at a meet. He never has been or likely will be Nator of any sort.
who the fuck is mooseaidz?!?!?!
WetzMS3 likes this.
ZOOM ZOOM PARTS- DIZZY TUNED - AutoTech Internals - COBB Accessport - COBB DP - HTP 3.5in - BNR S3 - Corksport shifter bushings - FMIC - Damond Motorsports GOLD RMM - Damond Motorsports SSP - Damond Motorsports OCC - Straight pipes - BC Coils - HKS - NGK 1 step colders plugs - e36 front endlinks - MOOG rear endlinks - 3 gal mix of e85 -
EYE CANDY- 5'7 korean driver mod behind the wheel of this beast - custom shift KNOB made by maisonvi - Block8head dual pods - and don't forget my passenger boost gauge to let you know when I am hitting light speed.
dsb_chicago is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to dsb_chicago For This Useful Post:
monkey.bones.007 (12-28-2016)
 Old 12-28-2016, 05:19 PM   #66

macdiesel is the leader of the worldmacdiesel is the leader of the worldmacdiesel is the leader of the worldmacdiesel is the leader of the worldmacdiesel is the leader of the worldmacdiesel is the leader of the worldmacdiesel is the leader of the worldmacdiesel is the leader of the worldmacdiesel is the leader of the worldmacdiesel is the leader of the worldmacdiesel is the leader of the world
Not Ranked  0 score     

You'll see at the track

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
WetzMS3 likes this.
2010 speed w/tech//Freektune//Autotech hpfp//Cobb APv3-SRI-TIH--cold air box//Corksport--Axle back exhaust//adjustable shocks and springs//LED's//Damond RMM--PMM--TMM--OCC stage II--SSP with OEM weight//HKS SSQV recirc//Fomoco honey//JBR bsd and baffle--shift bushings--51R battery tray--STS--bypass hose--tig tb coolant bypass//M2 test pipe//NGK 6510 one step chilly//StopTech SS brake lines//ETS TMIC//Progress 32mm rear sway//UMBRA tint by Nino 35%//Hawk DTC-60 up front and HPplus pads in rear//Mazda5 oem+rear brake kit//TrackMasters hood struts//

Coming up: Corksport injector seals
macdiesel is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to macdiesel For This Useful Post:
dsb_chicago (01-11-2017), monkey.bones.007 (12-29-2016), WetzMS3 (12-28-2016)
 Old 01-12-2017, 03:09 PM   #67
I have candy in my van

MATT DAMOND is the leader of the worldMATT DAMOND is the leader of the worldMATT DAMOND is the leader of the worldMATT DAMOND is the leader of the worldMATT DAMOND is the leader of the worldMATT DAMOND is the leader of the worldMATT DAMOND is the leader of the worldMATT DAMOND is the leader of the worldMATT DAMOND is the leader of the worldMATT DAMOND is the leader of the worldMATT DAMOND is the leader of the world
Thanked 5,274 Times in 1,154 Posts
Groans: 70
Groaned at 17 Times in 14 Posts
Not Ranked  0 score     

I'll be gaming for that consistent lap time point. Gonna bring something fun to this.

The endurance point is mine. Shall I bring ze Malort?
WetzMS3 and macdiesel like this.

MATT DAMOND is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to MATT DAMOND For This Useful Post:
monkey.bones.007 (01-12-2017), WetzMS3 (01-13-2017)
 Old 02-10-2017, 08:15 PM   #68

(Thread Starter)
Not Ranked  0 score     

Update time:

I called and emailed the guys at CGI who run HPDE's at Gingerman, and while great guys they weren't enthused about us trying to take timed runs during their HPDE sessions and weren't interested in allowing us to do a short segment time trials between run groups. They cited insurance issues, even if we handled the logistics of the timed runs.
I'm not subverting the CGI's organizational authority so we can sneak in timed runs, but I'm not giving up on Gingerman a local for NATOR wars.

Those of you who are familiar with Gingerman @HawkeyeGeoff; , @MATT DAMOND; @maisonvi; give me an idea if there are other groups who might be more amenable, or at least I can talk to about this.

-wetzel
 Old 02-22-2017, 08:34 PM   #69

Not Ranked  0 score     

Sounds like we need some celly phones with lap timers and not tell them we are doing it.
 Old 02-23-2017, 04:43 AM   #70

(Thread Starter)
Not Ranked  0 score     

Originally Posted by HawkeyeGeoff View Post
Sounds like we need some celly phones with lap timers and not tell them we are doing it.
I'm not subverting the CGI's organizational authority so we can sneak in timed runs, but I'm not giving up on Gingerman a local for NATOR wars.
In the next few days I'm going to reach out to the Michigan people here to figure out how we can make this work in a legit manner.

-wetzel
 Old 02-23-2017, 07:58 AM   #71

nindoja is the leader of the worldnindoja is the leader of the worldnindoja is the leader of the worldnindoja is the leader of the worldnindoja is the leader of the worldnindoja is the leader of the worldnindoja is the leader of the worldnindoja is the leader of the worldnindoja is the leader of the worldnindoja is the leader of the worldnindoja is the leader of the world
Thanked 2,549 Times in 1,118 Posts
Groans: 16
Groaned at 4 Times in 4 Posts
Not Ranked  0 score     

In the next few days I'm going to reach out to the Michigan people here to figure out how we can make this work in a legit manner.
I know it'd be one heck of a drive to AL, but we've got a local track (Little Talladega Grand Prix) that's cheap for private rentals and could easily support timed laps.

There's some tracks a little farther away (Indy or so) that might work too?
zenit likes this.
Brakes: Hawk HPS pads // ATE Superblue fluid // Stainless Steel Brake Lines
Other: CP-e Safe Seals // MattDamond shift plate // Masonvi shift knob // 3.5" WP w/recirc // RSB // IM + TB tigs // Synapse Engineering FMIC + BOV // Autotech internals
Tune: hypnotic tuned

Critical Stats:
// 305whp/352tq
// 13.34 @ 98 - Mason Dixon Dragway - 4/13/14

Titanium Gray 2006 Mazdaspeed 6
Damond Motorsports: OCC // Short shift plate // Turbo oil feed restrictor bolt
Other: Autotech internals // Ebay M2 DP // Masonvi shift knob //
nindoja is offline   Reply With Quote
 Old 06-02-2017, 05:10 AM   #72
I have candy in my van

MATT DAMOND is the leader of the worldMATT DAMOND is the leader of the worldMATT DAMOND is the leader of the worldMATT DAMOND is the leader of the worldMATT DAMOND is the leader of the worldMATT DAMOND is the leader of the worldMATT DAMOND is the leader of the worldMATT DAMOND is the leader of the worldMATT DAMOND is the leader of the worldMATT DAMOND is the leader of the worldMATT DAMOND is the leader of the world
Thanked 5,274 Times in 1,154 Posts
Groans: 70
Groaned at 17 Times in 14 Posts
Not Ranked  0 score     

Bump

GPS Track Time, LLC | Noncompetitive Driving Pricing is pretty great, and for a little extra you can get GPS timing. This is the group to run with for this.

There's a Gingerman date 1 month away. Other than that, I'd suggest ACC South in Sept, so there's plenty of time for people to get their shit together.
nindoja and macdiesel like this.

MATT DAMOND is offline   Reply With Quote