register gallery

Go Back   Mazdaspeed Forums >
MAZDASPEED SECTION
>
Mazdaspeed 3/6 MZR Gen1 Forums (2006-2009)
> MazdaSpeed 3/6 - Big Turbo Builds

MazdaSpeed 3/6 - Big Turbo Builds MazdaSpeed 3/6 - Big Turbo Builds. All discussions about big turbos, hybrids and builds belong here.

Welcome to Mazdaspeed Forums .

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

*When you join MSF as a registered user, there will be No Ads.

*Registered Members get access to the Off Topic Area of the Forum

*Registered Members have an opportunity to upgrade their accounts to VIP, which brings a host of goddies for supporting MSF such as Raffles, Additional Forum Access, More PM Storage, The ability to upload more Images and many other enhancements.

*Registered members also get access to the live chat box!
Like Tree2Likes
  • 1 Post By SarcasticOne
  • 1 Post By rfinkle2

Bookmark and Share LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
 Old 01-02-2013, 02:24 PM   #1

shawn. is the leader of the worldshawn. is the leader of the worldshawn. is the leader of the worldshawn. is the leader of the worldshawn. is the leader of the worldshawn. is the leader of the worldshawn. is the leader of the worldshawn. is the leader of the worldshawn. is the leader of the worldshawn. is the leader of the worldshawn. is the leader of the world
Groans: 29
Groaned at 22 Times in 16 Posts
(Thread Starter)
Not Ranked  0 score     
Default Adjusting preload IWG

So I'm wondering how to go about adjusting the preload on my ATP GTX3071r without taking the turbo off of the car. I can only make 17psi with my MBC cranked all the way up so I was informed I need to preload the IWG arm...

I loosened the nut but am not positive how to tighten/shorten the arm. Also will I need to take the wastegate off of the turbo to get the arm to turn? If so is it just attached by the two bolts?

Thanks
ATP GTX3071r// Cobb 3 Port EBCS // 3 Bar MAP // Cobb Accessport Freek Tuned // E85 Mix // JBR 3.5" Intake/TIP // Treadstone TR8C FMIC // Autotech HPFP Internals // Ported IM //C-pe Catted Downpipe // TRZ RMM // Corksport CBE // ISC Coilovers // EBC Slotted Rotors--Redstuff Pads // TWM shifter bushings // Dashhawk v2 // 6000k HIDs
Built engine--Manley H Beam Rods--Wiseco Pistons
shawn. is offline   Reply With Quote
 Old 01-02-2013, 06:04 PM   #2

shawn. is the leader of the worldshawn. is the leader of the worldshawn. is the leader of the worldshawn. is the leader of the worldshawn. is the leader of the worldshawn. is the leader of the worldshawn. is the leader of the worldshawn. is the leader of the worldshawn. is the leader of the worldshawn. is the leader of the worldshawn. is the leader of the world
(Thread Starter)
Not Ranked  0 score     

Ok so do I need to disconnect the wg arm from the actual wastegate part? And then screw the part into the arm and then reconnect? If so how do I disconnect that wg arm or what? Still can't really figure it out after lookin at it and messin around with it a little.

I really don't wanna take out my turbo again lol
ATP GTX3071r// Cobb 3 Port EBCS // 3 Bar MAP // Cobb Accessport Freek Tuned // E85 Mix // JBR 3.5" Intake/TIP // Treadstone TR8C FMIC // Autotech HPFP Internals // Ported IM //C-pe Catted Downpipe // TRZ RMM // Corksport CBE // ISC Coilovers // EBC Slotted Rotors--Redstuff Pads // TWM shifter bushings // Dashhawk v2 // 6000k HIDs
 Old 01-02-2013, 06:19 PM   #3

atvfreek is the leader of the worldatvfreek is the leader of the worldatvfreek is the leader of the worldatvfreek is the leader of the worldatvfreek is the leader of the worldatvfreek is the leader of the worldatvfreek is the leader of the worldatvfreek is the leader of the worldatvfreek is the leader of the worldatvfreek is the leader of the worldatvfreek is the leader of the world
Thanked 23,000 Times in 6,143 Posts
Groans: 37
Groaned at 20 Times in 17 Posts
Not Ranked  0 score     

There is a c-clip you have to pop off. Check this out for a better idea.
11.321@129.93
atvfreek is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to atvfreek For This Useful Post:
dantes5823 (01-06-2013), Fizzyb (07-14-2013), impossible (05-10-2014), shawn. (01-02-2013)
 Old 01-02-2013, 06:24 PM   #4

SarcasticOne is the leader of the worldSarcasticOne is the leader of the worldSarcasticOne is the leader of the worldSarcasticOne is the leader of the worldSarcasticOne is the leader of the worldSarcasticOne is the leader of the worldSarcasticOne is the leader of the worldSarcasticOne is the leader of the worldSarcasticOne is the leader of the worldSarcasticOne is the leader of the worldSarcasticOne is the leader of the world
Thanked 2,018 Times in 561 Posts
Groans: 21
Groaned at 8 Times in 4 Posts
Not Ranked  0 score     

Originally Posted by atvfreek View Post
There is a c-clip you have to pop off. Check this out for a better idea.
Wastegate Preload Setting - YouTube
Aussies have their C-clips pop off mid WOT pull
atvfreek likes this.
The Following User Says Thank You to SarcasticOne For This Useful Post:
atvfreek (01-02-2013)
 Old 01-06-2013, 12:01 AM   #5

Matrix311 is the leader of the worldMatrix311 is the leader of the worldMatrix311 is the leader of the worldMatrix311 is the leader of the worldMatrix311 is the leader of the worldMatrix311 is the leader of the worldMatrix311 is the leader of the worldMatrix311 is the leader of the worldMatrix311 is the leader of the worldMatrix311 is the leader of the worldMatrix311 is the leader of the world
Thanked 1,881 Times in 735 Posts
Groans: 0
Groaned at 3 Times in 3 Posts
Not Ranked  0 score     

If you still need help with the preload let me know. I messed with the pre load on my gtx3071r a lot and it can easily be adjusted on the car. No need to pull the turbo. You will want to tighten it. Just pm me if you need extra help.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 2

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
2007 MS3 Sport, gtx3071r, Full-Race Exhaust Manifold, SP PNP Intake Manifold, SP 88mm Pistons 9:5:1, Manley H Beam Rods, 10mm H11 Head Studs, ARP Main Studs, 4" HTP TIP + Small Battery Tray, 3 Bar MAP, Grimmspeed ECBS, CP-E FMIC, CP-E DP, CP-E Nexus CBE, Tokay Injector Seals, CP-E RMM, SU PMM, TRZ TMM, PTP FP Internals, DCR VVT, JBrone Shift Plate, SU Shifter Bushings, HKS SSQV, ITV22, DIY Perm Plate with dual OCC, Corksport Radiator Shroud, Southbend Stage 3 Clutch, DO Stage 2 Meth D10, Evo X Wheels, 245/40-18 Nitto NT05, Koni Sports + H&R Springs **463whp/409lb-ft via Mustang Dyno as of 3/28/14**

**9/19/13** Zoom Zoom Boom ** Currently Rebuilding with goal of 475whp
**11/19/13** Forged engine built and started up the car for the first time, success!
**3/28/14** Dyno results from build 463whp / 409lb-ft Mustang Dyno
**6/24/15** Sold the Mazdaspeed 3
**7/4/15** Purchased 2015 F150 Ecoboost Lariat FX4 with Sport Package
Matrix311 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Matrix311 For This Useful Post:
atvfreek (01-06-2013), shawn. (01-07-2013)
 Old 01-07-2013, 02:00 PM   #6

(Thread Starter)
Not Ranked  0 score     

thanks man i figured it out with that video justin posted, really isn't very hard at all.
The Following User Says Thank You to shawn. For This Useful Post:
atvfreek (01-07-2013)
 Old 08-05-2013, 08:57 AM   #7
Banned

bhamitgeek is the leader of the worldbhamitgeek is the leader of the worldbhamitgeek is the leader of the worldbhamitgeek is the leader of the worldbhamitgeek is the leader of the worldbhamitgeek is the leader of the worldbhamitgeek is the leader of the worldbhamitgeek is the leader of the worldbhamitgeek is the leader of the worldbhamitgeek is the leader of the worldbhamitgeek is the leader of the world
Groans: 3
Groaned at 3 Times in 3 Posts
Not Ranked  0 score     

I thought these kits already came preloaded to the desired preload that u requested on the form? am I thinking of something else?
bhamitgeek is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to bhamitgeek For This Useful Post:
rfinkle2 (08-05-2013)
 Old 08-05-2013, 09:02 AM   #8

rfinkle2 is the leader of the worldrfinkle2 is the leader of the worldrfinkle2 is the leader of the worldrfinkle2 is the leader of the worldrfinkle2 is the leader of the worldrfinkle2 is the leader of the worldrfinkle2 is the leader of the worldrfinkle2 is the leader of the worldrfinkle2 is the leader of the worldrfinkle2 is the leader of the worldrfinkle2 is the leader of the world
Thanked 33,219 Times in 10,050 Posts
Groans: 298
Groaned at 292 Times in 196 Posts
Not Ranked  0 score     

Originally Posted by bhamitgeek View Post
I thought these kits already came preloaded to the desired preload that u requested on the form? am I thinking of something else?
You are thinking that ATP gives a shit. I wish this was the case as well.

I suppose it can be argued that they are looked over before they are shipped, but it is always a good idea to hook the turbo up to a compressor and gauge and make sure the preload is close to where you want it...

Much easier to adjust out of the car and well worth the testing before dropping it in.
bhamitgeek likes this.
rfinkle2 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to rfinkle2 For This Useful Post:
bhamitgeek (08-05-2013), BigRedSpecial (08-05-2013)