register gallery

Go Back   Mazdaspeed Forums >
MAZDASPEED SECTION
>
Mazdaspeed 3/6 MZR Gen1 Forums (2006-2009)
> MazdaSpeed 3/6 - Big Turbo Builds

MazdaSpeed 3/6 - Big Turbo Builds MazdaSpeed 3/6 - Big Turbo Builds. All discussions about big turbos, hybrids and builds belong here.

Welcome to Mazdaspeed Forums .

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

*When you join MSF as a registered user, there will be No Ads.

*Registered Members get access to the Off Topic Area of the Forum

*Registered Members have an opportunity to upgrade their accounts to VIP, which brings a host of goddies for supporting MSF such as Raffles, Additional Forum Access, More PM Storage, The ability to upload more Images and many other enhancements.

*Registered members also get access to the live chat box!

Bookmark and Share LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
 Old 07-04-2010, 04:40 PM   #1

origjdm3 has a spectacular aura aboutorigjdm3 has a spectacular aura about
Groans: 0
Groaned at 0 Times in 0 Posts
(Thread Starter)
Not Ranked  0 score     
Default Anyone running a precision turbo on MS3

Looking to go the t3 route but not sure which one! I wanna break 400's as im sure everyone else wants to as well LOL! But all aside a P5557 is what im looking at or something similar to a 35r but spooling quicker! So feel free to jump in and leave some feed bk!
origjdm3 is offline   Reply With Quote
 Old 07-04-2010, 08:36 PM   #2

ScottH will become famous soon enough
Groaned at 2 Times in 1 Post
Not Ranked  0 score     

The 5557 is a nice turbo. Have you considered a Borg Warner turbo? The BW S256 in a t3 hotside would make 400+whp without much effort and spool up pretty quick.
ScottH is offline   Reply With Quote
 Old 07-04-2010, 08:46 PM   #3

Spoolme is the leader of the worldSpoolme is the leader of the worldSpoolme is the leader of the worldSpoolme is the leader of the worldSpoolme is the leader of the worldSpoolme is the leader of the worldSpoolme is the leader of the worldSpoolme is the leader of the worldSpoolme is the leader of the worldSpoolme is the leader of the worldSpoolme is the leader of the world
Groans: 54
Groaned at 4 Times in 4 Posts
Not Ranked  0 score     

Read Cageyvet threads
 Old 07-04-2010, 08:51 PM   #4
ILL3ST

xcoldricex is the leader of the worldxcoldricex is the leader of the worldxcoldricex is the leader of the worldxcoldricex is the leader of the worldxcoldricex is the leader of the worldxcoldricex is the leader of the worldxcoldricex is the leader of the worldxcoldricex is the leader of the worldxcoldricex is the leader of the worldxcoldricex is the leader of the worldxcoldricex is the leader of the world
Thanked 2,291 Times in 592 Posts
Groans: 105
Groaned at 30 Times in 22 Posts
Not Ranked  0 score     

Originally Posted by ScottH View Post
The 5557 is a nice turbo. Have you considered a Borg Warner turbo? The BW S256 in a t3 hotside would make 400+whp without much effort and spool up pretty quick.
hahaha
xcoldricex is offline   Reply With Quote
 Old 07-04-2010, 09:05 PM   #5

Not Ranked  0 score     

Just before my buddy sold his MS3 it put down 440whp on a s256 and was a blast to drive.... "shrugs". It was daily driven and he drove about 70-80 miles to/from work everyday. Now he drives a slow bmw.
 Old 07-04-2010, 09:09 PM   #6
ILL3ST

xcoldricex is the leader of the worldxcoldricex is the leader of the worldxcoldricex is the leader of the worldxcoldricex is the leader of the worldxcoldricex is the leader of the worldxcoldricex is the leader of the worldxcoldricex is the leader of the worldxcoldricex is the leader of the worldxcoldricex is the leader of the worldxcoldricex is the leader of the worldxcoldricex is the leader of the world
Not Ranked  0 score     

dynos?
 Old 07-04-2010, 09:13 PM   #7

Not Ranked  0 score     

Originally Posted by xcoldricex View Post
dynos?
I'll ask him Tuesday at work. It's been about two months since he sold it.
 Old 07-04-2010, 11:24 PM   #8

madvillain is the leader of the worldmadvillain is the leader of the worldmadvillain is the leader of the worldmadvillain is the leader of the worldmadvillain is the leader of the worldmadvillain is the leader of the worldmadvillain is the leader of the worldmadvillain is the leader of the worldmadvillain is the leader of the worldmadvillain is the leader of the worldmadvillain is the leader of the world
Thanked 23,992 Times in 1,708 Posts
Groans: 78
Groaned at 17 Times in 15 Posts
Not Ranked  0 score     

I .. was.. running a precision t67. Its donezo though, I was sent a bad one. I will likely be replacing it with a 5557 or a 5857. Precisions are great turbos, I haven't heard anything but good about them, and they're much more affordable than garretts. Id also like to add that precisions customer service is bar none.
[Precision 5557 T4 flanged Journal Bearing Turbo][Race Roots Ceramic Coated T4 Manifold][Race Roots 3" V-Band Catless Downpipe][Race Roots Under-Car FMIC kit][CXracing 18"x31"x3" IC Core][Tial 44mm EWG With 0.9Bar Spring][Cobb AP][Full Str33tunit Mount Set][Madvillain 4" Inlet/Intake][Cp-e xcelXL Maf Housing][Devilsown Meth Injection Kit][HKS Ignition Amplifier][Cp-e Catback Exhaust][HKS bov][PTP IM Spacer][Whoosh EGR Delete][AEM Digital Boost Gauge][Matt Damond OCC Kit][Trunk Mounted Optima Battery with KnuKonceptz Kit][Madvillain ECU box][TWM Short Shifter][BC Coilovers][Cobb Rear Sway Bar][Falken Azenis rt615's][Eibach Pro 25mm Spacers]
madvillain is offline   Reply With Quote
 Old 07-05-2010, 02:56 PM   #9

(Thread Starter)
Not Ranked  0 score     

Originally Posted by madvillain View Post
I .. was.. running a precision t67. Its donezo though, I was sent a bad one. I will likely be replacing it with a 5557 or a 5857. Precisions are great turbos, I haven't heard anything but good about them, and they're much more affordable than garretts. Id also like to add that precisions customer service is bar none.
Yea i read your thread srry to hear that but when theres a down you always come bk up but BETTER lol well thats what i think! yea Im not tryin to make a track care but def wanna have a fun car to drive around and not have to worry about getting boost at like 5k. Hows your searching going for the turbo cause im def looking p5557
 Old 07-05-2010, 03:07 PM   #10
ILL3ST

Not Ranked  0 score     

origjdm3, you need to slow your roll and read more about the platform before you go all out or mod slowly - don't just jump in and throw a big turbo on your car.
 Old 07-05-2010, 03:34 PM   #11
rabble rabble

802MS3 is the leader of the world802MS3 is the leader of the world802MS3 is the leader of the world802MS3 is the leader of the world802MS3 is the leader of the world802MS3 is the leader of the world802MS3 is the leader of the world802MS3 is the leader of the world802MS3 is the leader of the world802MS3 is the leader of the world802MS3 is the leader of the world
Thanked 5,928 Times in 2,080 Posts
Groans: 221
Groaned at 103 Times in 56 Posts
Not Ranked  0 score     

Just before my buddy sold his MS3 it put down 440whp on a s256 and was a blast to drive.... "shrugs". It was daily driven and he drove about 70-80 miles to/from work everyday. Now he drives a slow bmw.
only dude that I heard of running that turbo on this car was that CrazyItalian dude
 Old 07-05-2010, 03:38 PM   #12
ILL3ST

Not Ranked  0 score     

and that's not mentioning... the highest hp ms3 we have on here is 420hp.
 Old 07-05-2010, 03:41 PM   #13
Banned

holeinmypocket is the leader of the worldholeinmypocket is the leader of the worldholeinmypocket is the leader of the worldholeinmypocket is the leader of the worldholeinmypocket is the leader of the worldholeinmypocket is the leader of the worldholeinmypocket is the leader of the worldholeinmypocket is the leader of the worldholeinmypocket is the leader of the worldholeinmypocket is the leader of the worldholeinmypocket is the leader of the world
Groans: 37
Groaned at 10 Times in 10 Posts
Not Ranked  0 score     

Originally Posted by opt_ms3 View Post
only dude that I heard of running that turbo on this car was that CrazyItalian dude
if ScottH makes claims like this he is gonna have to show a dyno...before the MSF GODS piss and shit all over him...just how it is around here

Last edited by holeinmypocket; 07-05-2010 at 03:45 PM. Reason: ninja edit
holeinmypocket is offline   Reply With Quote
 Old 07-05-2010, 03:44 PM   #14
ILL3ST

Not Ranked  0 score     

the op didn't, ScottH did.
 Old 07-05-2010, 03:47 PM   #15

m4tic is the leader of the worldm4tic is the leader of the worldm4tic is the leader of the worldm4tic is the leader of the worldm4tic is the leader of the worldm4tic is the leader of the worldm4tic is the leader of the worldm4tic is the leader of the worldm4tic is the leader of the worldm4tic is the leader of the worldm4tic is the leader of the world
Thanked 5,013 Times in 1,767 Posts
Groans: 12
Groaned at 24 Times in 22 Posts
Not Ranked  0 score     

you need to come correct or prepare to quickly grow some thick skin ... just a friendly warning

//2014 Mustang GT// Brembos - Bob's Can - SCT X4 - MGW - GT500 Quad-tip Axle back - Vorshlag Street Pro - Ford K Springs - BMR PHB

2007 MS6 w/ Cheez

// COBB V3 // SURE ID300 MAF // COBB TIP // CXRacing FMIC // PTP BSD // PTP Windage Tray // PTP TIG // KMD V2.1 CDFP Internals // HD Coil Packs //
Corksport DP // TurboXS RP // CP-e 3" Single Cat-back // Bilstein Shocks & H&R Springs // DSS Axle // TSW Interlagos 19x8 +35 // 235/35 Rubber
// Defi Red Racer // Block8head Defrost Pod // DDM 3k Fogs & 6k Lowbeams // Custom iPod Integration Hackjob //
m4tic is offline   Reply With Quote
 Old 07-05-2010, 03:53 PM   #16
Banned

holeinmypocket is the leader of the worldholeinmypocket is the leader of the worldholeinmypocket is the leader of the worldholeinmypocket is the leader of the worldholeinmypocket is the leader of the worldholeinmypocket is the leader of the worldholeinmypocket is the leader of the worldholeinmypocket is the leader of the worldholeinmypocket is the leader of the worldholeinmypocket is the leader of the worldholeinmypocket is the leader of the world
Not Ranked  0 score     

Originally Posted by bmorrisj View Post
you need to come correct or prepare to quickly grow some thick skin ... just a friendly warning
but on the flamesuit if ur not prepped to have that dyno for us
 Old 07-06-2010, 04:49 PM   #17

(Thread Starter)
Not Ranked  0 score     

Originally Posted by xcoldricex View Post
origjdm3, you need to slow your roll and read more about the platform before you go all out or mod slowly - don't just jump in and throw a big turbo on your car.
Sorry dude but im new to this form not sure how to list my mods. But ive been in the mazda game for some time now but my car mods are pretty much maxed out as far as bolt on's, so the only thing left for me to do is a big turbo. The platform isnt really as complex as ppl seem to make, our cars have alot of potential!
 Old 07-06-2010, 06:40 PM   #18

(Thread Starter)
Not Ranked  0 score     

Actually no i havent ill look into tho! Yea im not looking to go crazy you know so i would like a nice daily driven car.. But im madly in love with the p5557 lol.
 Old 07-06-2010, 06:51 PM   #19
Banned

The Great NY is the leader of the worldThe Great NY is the leader of the worldThe Great NY is the leader of the worldThe Great NY is the leader of the worldThe Great NY is the leader of the worldThe Great NY is the leader of the worldThe Great NY is the leader of the worldThe Great NY is the leader of the worldThe Great NY is the leader of the worldThe Great NY is the leader of the worldThe Great NY is the leader of the world
Groans: 8
Groaned at 26 Times in 15 Posts
Not Ranked  0 score     

so who tuned the 440whp speed3?
The Great NY is offline   Reply With Quote
 Old 07-06-2010, 08:13 PM   #20

spnkr21 is the leader of the worldspnkr21 is the leader of the worldspnkr21 is the leader of the worldspnkr21 is the leader of the worldspnkr21 is the leader of the worldspnkr21 is the leader of the worldspnkr21 is the leader of the worldspnkr21 is the leader of the worldspnkr21 is the leader of the worldspnkr21 is the leader of the worldspnkr21 is the leader of the world
Thanked 3,296 Times in 1,369 Posts
Groaned at 79 Times in 66 Posts
Not Ranked  0 score     

Originally Posted by origjdm3 View Post
Sorry dude but im new to this form not sure how to list my mods. But ive been in the mazda game for some time now but my car mods are pretty much maxed out as far as bolt on's, so the only thing left for me to do is a big turbo. The platform isnt really as complex as ppl seem to make, our cars have alot of potential!
Ya you must be new cuz you have no idea what you're talking about. What are you tuning with? Dyno sheet or 440 didn't happen. I call BS.
 Old 07-06-2010, 10:08 PM   #21
Banned

Not Ranked  0 score     

day 2 and still no dyno sheet for the 440
 Old 07-07-2010, 03:47 PM   #22

(Thread Starter)
Not Ranked  0 score     

Originally Posted by spnkr21 View Post
Ya you must be new cuz you have no idea what you're talking about. What are you tuning with? Dyno sheet or 440 didn't happen. I call BS.
Well im not hear to bust heads with ppl everyone has their own insite on the car! But im tuned with AP i just got meth for the car and about to go get a pro tune and see what happens. I know ppl hear are not fans of cobb but i have hope in their tune i always hear cp-e is the only tune truly breaking 400's but also ap as well just need a good tuner.
 Old 07-07-2010, 03:58 PM   #23

spnkr21 is the leader of the worldspnkr21 is the leader of the worldspnkr21 is the leader of the worldspnkr21 is the leader of the worldspnkr21 is the leader of the worldspnkr21 is the leader of the worldspnkr21 is the leader of the worldspnkr21 is the leader of the worldspnkr21 is the leader of the worldspnkr21 is the leader of the worldspnkr21 is the leader of the world
Not Ranked  0 score     

Hahahaha. Again you got some reading to do. Prepare to be heartbroken. What turbo you running again?
 Old 07-07-2010, 04:02 PM   #24
Banned

phillyb is the leader of the worldphillyb is the leader of the worldphillyb is the leader of the worldphillyb is the leader of the worldphillyb is the leader of the worldphillyb is the leader of the worldphillyb is the leader of the worldphillyb is the leader of the worldphillyb is the leader of the worldphillyb is the leader of the worldphillyb is the leader of the world
Thanked 18,750 Times in 5,168 Posts
Groans: 1,940
Groaned at 886 Times in 632 Posts
Not Ranked  0 score     

good read.
keep it up.
phillyb is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to phillyb For This Useful Post:
xcoldricex (07-07-2010)
 Old 07-07-2010, 04:15 PM   #25
Banned

Not Ranked  0 score     

day 3 and still no dyno sheet for 440hp
 Old 07-07-2010, 04:18 PM   #26
ILL3ST

Not Ranked  0 score     

Originally Posted by origjdm3 View Post
Well im not hear to bust heads with ppl everyone has their own insite on the car! But im tuned with AP i just got meth for the car and about to go get a pro tune and see what happens. I know ppl hear are not fans of cobb but i have hope in their tune i always hear cp-e is the only tune truly breaking 400's but also ap as well just need a good tuner.
here.

people like both cobb and cp-e here.
 Old 07-07-2010, 05:15 PM   #27
Banned

The Great NY is the leader of the worldThe Great NY is the leader of the worldThe Great NY is the leader of the worldThe Great NY is the leader of the worldThe Great NY is the leader of the worldThe Great NY is the leader of the worldThe Great NY is the leader of the worldThe Great NY is the leader of the worldThe Great NY is the leader of the worldThe Great NY is the leader of the worldThe Great NY is the leader of the world
Groaned at 26 Times in 15 Posts
Not Ranked  0 score     

I wanna see this 440whp dyno. And know who tuned it. More so what they used to tune it
The Great NY is offline   Reply With Quote
 Old 07-07-2010, 05:37 PM   #28

qtrmile beast is the leader of the worldqtrmile beast is the leader of the worldqtrmile beast is the leader of the worldqtrmile beast is the leader of the worldqtrmile beast is the leader of the worldqtrmile beast is the leader of the worldqtrmile beast is the leader of the worldqtrmile beast is the leader of the worldqtrmile beast is the leader of the worldqtrmile beast is the leader of the worldqtrmile beast is the leader of the world
Thanked 2,488 Times in 985 Posts
Groaned at 8 Times in 6 Posts
Not Ranked  0 score     

FYI crazyitalian had a s258 turbo and another note that no one knows is that when that car made the 409 it made 356 on the mustang about 1 hour before. Well about 3 weeks later the car made 380 on the mustang it just was never taken to the dyno jet to see what it will do on there. The turbo that he was going with before he gave up was PT 6262 but never made it to his car.. If you want a great spoolin turbo then go with a 3082 with the .82A/R turbine housing!!! 35r power with a 30r spool...
qtrmile beast is offline   Reply With Quote
 Old 07-07-2010, 11:16 PM   #29

madvillain is the leader of the worldmadvillain is the leader of the worldmadvillain is the leader of the worldmadvillain is the leader of the worldmadvillain is the leader of the worldmadvillain is the leader of the worldmadvillain is the leader of the worldmadvillain is the leader of the worldmadvillain is the leader of the worldmadvillain is the leader of the worldmadvillain is the leader of the world
Thanked 23,992 Times in 1,708 Posts
Groans: 78
Groaned at 17 Times in 15 Posts
Not Ranked  0 score     

Is that a unicorn I smell?
madvillain is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to madvillain For This Useful Post:
xcoldricex (07-08-2010)
 Old 07-08-2010, 12:03 AM   #30
Banned

Not Ranked  0 score     

pretty much
The Following User Says Thank You to holeinmypocket For This Useful Post:
xcoldricex (07-08-2010)
 Old 07-08-2010, 12:09 AM   #31

HutcHJC is the leader of the worldHutcHJC is the leader of the worldHutcHJC is the leader of the worldHutcHJC is the leader of the worldHutcHJC is the leader of the worldHutcHJC is the leader of the worldHutcHJC is the leader of the worldHutcHJC is the leader of the worldHutcHJC is the leader of the worldHutcHJC is the leader of the worldHutcHJC is the leader of the world
Not Ranked  0 score     

Wow! A car that runs on Unicorns! Gasoline's GOT to be cheaper than that.

2010 Black Mica MazdaSpeed3 - jbarone stage 2 ssp w/ weighted shift knob - cp-e 60D rmm - 15% Tint + AIR Blue 80 - DDM 55w 5000k HIDs (waiting to install) - CorkSport SRI+TIP (on order) - EBC RedStuff Brake Pads (on order)

HutcHJC is offline   Reply With Quote
 Old 07-08-2010, 08:10 AM   #32

(Thread Starter)
Not Ranked  0 score     

Hahahaha. Again you got some reading to do. Prepare to be heartbroken. What turbo you running again?
Im only running stock turbo, soon to be running t3 setup p5557 or p5857 if all gos well! What are you making with your setup? what tune are you with?
 Old 07-08-2010, 08:48 AM   #33

Not Ranked  0 score     

I'm running standback & flashes. You won't break 400 with the ap which is too bad for those turbos. I'm 400+hp but haven't been to the dyno yet. Next week! if I can get ahold of the dyno guy
 Old 07-08-2010, 09:49 AM   #34
rabble rabble

802MS3 is the leader of the world802MS3 is the leader of the world802MS3 is the leader of the world802MS3 is the leader of the world802MS3 is the leader of the world802MS3 is the leader of the world802MS3 is the leader of the world802MS3 is the leader of the world802MS3 is the leader of the world802MS3 is the leader of the world802MS3 is the leader of the world
Not Ranked  0 score     

wellllll we don't really know yet about the AP and big power. Cobb fixed the load cap issue, but I don't think anyone has dynoed or hit the track with a big turbo and fixed ATR/protune.
madvillain (07-08-2010), xcoldricex (07-08-2010), zx2man (07-10-2010)
 Old 07-08-2010, 11:14 AM   #35

Not Ranked  0 score     

Well someone needs to get on that!!! If it does fix it that would be great for the ap guys but I'm not holding my breath lol. I think it's more than that.
 Old 07-08-2010, 11:46 AM   #36
rabble rabble

Not Ranked  0 score     

Are you messing around with the fuel pressure? I guess there is still that to be unlocked with the AP.
 Old 07-08-2010, 11:47 AM   #37

Not Ranked  0 score     

Yea full pressure is up.
 Old 07-08-2010, 04:04 PM   #38

(Thread Starter)
Not Ranked  0 score     

I'm running standback & flashes. You won't break 400 with the ap which is too bad for those turbos. I'm 400+hp but haven't been to the dyno yet. Next week! if I can get ahold of the dyno guy
Oh sweet man gald your making good power, well once my mani comes in ill be orderly the turbo so hopefully ill be the one makin the big news!
Are you using a direct bolt on turbo n did u go external and weld the iwg closed?

Last edited by origjdm3; 07-08-2010 at 06:14 PM.