register gallery

Go Back   Mazdaspeed Forums >
MAZDASPEED SECTION
>
Mazdaspeed 3/6 MZR Gen1 Forums (2006-2009)
> MazdaSpeed 3/6 - Big Turbo Builds

MazdaSpeed 3/6 - Big Turbo Builds MazdaSpeed 3/6 - Big Turbo Builds. All discussions about big turbos, hybrids and builds belong here.

Welcome to Mazdaspeed Forums .

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

*When you join MSF as a registered user, there will be No Ads.

*Registered Members get access to the Off Topic Area of the Forum

*Registered Members have an opportunity to upgrade their accounts to VIP, which brings a host of goddies for supporting MSF such as Raffles, Additional Forum Access, More PM Storage, The ability to upload more Images and many other enhancements.

*Registered members also get access to the live chat box!

Bookmark and Share LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
 Old 08-20-2012, 10:24 AM   #1

HawkNasty can only hope to improve
Groans: 0
Groaned at 5 Times in 2 Posts
(Thread Starter)
Not Ranked  0 score     
Default Blown Turbo

Okay, so about a week ago my turbo started smoking. And by smoking I mean a lot. Only happens at Idle after driving the car for about 10 minutes, doesn't do it at a cold start idle. My guess is the seal is gone in the turbo.

I'm going to just cut my losses and get a 3071R. My mods are Corksport TBE, TMIC, SRI/TIP, HPFP internals, Forge V1 BPV, CP-E RMM and Cobb AP. With these mods would I be able to just bolt on the turbo or what else would I need? Also is there any clues to why the stock Turbo failed? It was replaced by Mazda because of the smoking issue that most MS6's had.

Please excuse me if I haven't searched enough, but I'm trying to figure out specifically with my mods what else I'll need. Thanks for any help
HawkNasty is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say NO Thank You to HawkNasty For This Un-useful Post:
captain slow (08-20-2012), cbspd3flip (08-20-2012), jack_hammer (08-20-2012)
 Old 08-20-2012, 10:37 AM   #2

jack_hammer is the leader of the worldjack_hammer is the leader of the worldjack_hammer is the leader of the worldjack_hammer is the leader of the worldjack_hammer is the leader of the worldjack_hammer is the leader of the worldjack_hammer is the leader of the worldjack_hammer is the leader of the worldjack_hammer is the leader of the worldjack_hammer is the leader of the worldjack_hammer is the leader of the world
Thanked 17,259 Times in 3,186 Posts
Groans: 549
Groaned at 130 Times in 85 Posts
Not Ranked  0 score     

what is the point of your post? you already have made your decision. you're going to cut your losses and get a 3071r.

i know you're not asking how to do a BT swap, right? if so, then fuck you.
 Old 08-20-2012, 10:40 AM   #3

captain slow is the leader of the worldcaptain slow is the leader of the worldcaptain slow is the leader of the worldcaptain slow is the leader of the worldcaptain slow is the leader of the worldcaptain slow is the leader of the worldcaptain slow is the leader of the worldcaptain slow is the leader of the worldcaptain slow is the leader of the worldcaptain slow is the leader of the worldcaptain slow is the leader of the world
Thanked 3,930 Times in 1,987 Posts
Groans: 398
Groaned at 50 Times in 34 Posts
Not Ranked  0 score     

You haven't searched at all man. This info is everywhere.

2014 5.0 Gotta Have It Green w/Track Pack
captain slow is offline   Reply With Quote
 Old 08-20-2012, 10:51 AM   #4

HawkNasty can only hope to improve
Groaned at 5 Times in 2 Posts
(Thread Starter)
Not Ranked  0 score     

The point of my post was to ask if with my current set up should I replace any current mods and is there anything else I will need to upgrade to bolt on the turbo. Not all of us are as well versed in cars as you may be and even after searching posts still required some help and clarification.
HawkNasty is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say NO Thank You to HawkNasty For This Un-useful Post:
captain slow (08-20-2012), jack_hammer (08-20-2012)
 Old 08-20-2012, 12:36 PM   #5

jack_hammer is the leader of the worldjack_hammer is the leader of the worldjack_hammer is the leader of the worldjack_hammer is the leader of the worldjack_hammer is the leader of the worldjack_hammer is the leader of the worldjack_hammer is the leader of the worldjack_hammer is the leader of the worldjack_hammer is the leader of the worldjack_hammer is the leader of the worldjack_hammer is the leader of the world
Not Ranked  0 score     

Originally Posted by HawkNasty View Post
The point of my post was to ask if with my current set up should I replace any current mods and is there anything else I will need to upgrade to bolt on the turbo. Not all of us are as well versed in cars as you may be and even after searching posts still required some help and clarification.
no, you aren't asking that. because if you were asking that, you would really be asking for an ass raping for asking questions that are sooooo extensively covered. the info for BT swap is well documented. you're gonna have to read for yourself.
 Old 08-20-2012, 12:38 PM   #6

JP_Playboy is the leader of the worldJP_Playboy is the leader of the worldJP_Playboy is the leader of the worldJP_Playboy is the leader of the worldJP_Playboy is the leader of the worldJP_Playboy is the leader of the worldJP_Playboy is the leader of the worldJP_Playboy is the leader of the worldJP_Playboy is the leader of the worldJP_Playboy is the leader of the worldJP_Playboy is the leader of the world
Groaned at 0 Times in 0 Posts
Not Ranked  0 score     

This thread makes me want to kill kittens...

Semper Fi
JP_Playboy is offline   Reply With Quote
 Old 08-20-2012, 12:59 PM   #7

gearhead750 is the leader of the worldgearhead750 is the leader of the worldgearhead750 is the leader of the worldgearhead750 is the leader of the worldgearhead750 is the leader of the worldgearhead750 is the leader of the worldgearhead750 is the leader of the worldgearhead750 is the leader of the worldgearhead750 is the leader of the worldgearhead750 is the leader of the worldgearhead750 is the leader of the world
Groans: 30
Groaned at 5 Times in 5 Posts
Not Ranked  0 score     

Originally Posted by DarkHeartMS6 View Post
I didnt think there was a person on this planet as stupid as you... Congratulations, you proved me wrong. WTF is a Mazda RX-7 if not one of the best "tuner" cars as you put it.. out there. Jump off the honda dick, pull the Golf R cock out of your mouth... replace it with a gun and end this world of your stupidity! Please, before you cause a retard apocolyptic end to our world

gearhead750 is offline   Reply With Quote
 Old 08-20-2012, 01:00 PM   #8

captain slow is the leader of the worldcaptain slow is the leader of the worldcaptain slow is the leader of the worldcaptain slow is the leader of the worldcaptain slow is the leader of the worldcaptain slow is the leader of the worldcaptain slow is the leader of the worldcaptain slow is the leader of the worldcaptain slow is the leader of the worldcaptain slow is the leader of the worldcaptain slow is the leader of the world
Thanked 3,930 Times in 1,987 Posts
Groans: 398
Groaned at 50 Times in 34 Posts
Not Ranked  0 score     

You fail at searching if you couldn't find this info. Here you go asshole

http://www.mazdaspeedforums.org/foru...al-way-111319/

One of many threads.

2014 5.0 Gotta Have It Green w/Track Pack
captain slow is offline   Reply With Quote
 Old 08-20-2012, 01:42 PM   #9
Approved MSF Vendor

EdgeAutosport.com is the leader of the worldEdgeAutosport.com is the leader of the worldEdgeAutosport.com is the leader of the worldEdgeAutosport.com is the leader of the worldEdgeAutosport.com is the leader of the worldEdgeAutosport.com is the leader of the worldEdgeAutosport.com is the leader of the worldEdgeAutosport.com is the leader of the worldEdgeAutosport.com is the leader of the worldEdgeAutosport.com is the leader of the worldEdgeAutosport.com is the leader of the world
Thanked 11,228 Times in 3,263 Posts
Groans: 7
Groaned at 10 Times in 8 Posts
Not Ranked  0 score     

Let me know if you need that turbo I will get you all set up
EdgeAutosport.com is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to EdgeAutosport.com For This Useful Post:
Bob-o (08-20-2012)
 Old 08-20-2012, 10:24 PM   #10

Scribbles is the leader of the worldScribbles is the leader of the worldScribbles is the leader of the worldScribbles is the leader of the worldScribbles is the leader of the worldScribbles is the leader of the worldScribbles is the leader of the worldScribbles is the leader of the worldScribbles is the leader of the worldScribbles is the leader of the worldScribbles is the leader of the world
Groans: 21
Groaned at 10 Times in 8 Posts
Not Ranked  0 score     

It's going to be much much much cheaper to put another k04 on. You're gonna need a dp, new inlet, maybe exhaust mani, and a way to control the boost. Look at lenny's how to thread in the sticky
Built motor with K1 rods/wesico pistons, ATP 3076r, SS Mani, ATP DP, Cobb FMIC V2, CPE FP, TurboSmart MBC, TurboSmart Dual Port BOV, Hotchkis RSB FSB, BC Coilovers, AP, Dashhawk, Trilogy JBR 88 duro's, JBR catch can, Guardian Angel
Perm
Scribbles is offline   Reply With Quote
 Old 08-20-2012, 10:30 PM   #11

greenespeed is the leader of the worldgreenespeed is the leader of the worldgreenespeed is the leader of the worldgreenespeed is the leader of the worldgreenespeed is the leader of the worldgreenespeed is the leader of the worldgreenespeed is the leader of the worldgreenespeed is the leader of the worldgreenespeed is the leader of the worldgreenespeed is the leader of the worldgreenespeed is the leader of the world
Groans: 14
Groaned at 6 Times in 3 Posts
Not Ranked  0 score     

@HawkNasty, why not just bolt on a bnrs3 and call it a day.

MODS : Cobb AP // Cobb SF // Sure TIP // JBR RMM // JBR SSB // JBR SSP // Magnaflow CBE // MSR 045 18 X 8 +35 // ACT ZX5-HDG6 // M2 3" catless DP // AT HPFP Internals // NGK's -- FREEKTUNE in progress

Having a 12 second Honda is just like coming out of the closet; You're going to surprise a bunch of people, but in the end you're still gay.
greenespeed is offline   Reply With Quote
 Old 08-21-2012, 05:39 AM   #12

Not Ranked  0 score     

Originally Posted by greenespeed View Post
@HawkNasty, why not just bolt on a bnrs3 and call it a day.
because he doesn't know what that is
greenespeed (08-21-2012)
 Old 08-21-2012, 08:38 AM   #13

greenespeed is the leader of the worldgreenespeed is the leader of the worldgreenespeed is the leader of the worldgreenespeed is the leader of the worldgreenespeed is the leader of the worldgreenespeed is the leader of the worldgreenespeed is the leader of the worldgreenespeed is the leader of the worldgreenespeed is the leader of the worldgreenespeed is the leader of the worldgreenespeed is the leader of the world
Not Ranked  0 score     

Originally Posted by broncojd78 View Post
because he doesn't know what that is
You are probably right. Although it is a big secret here on MSF, I had to search for 5 hours just to find out myself. LOL

MODS : Cobb AP // Cobb SF // Sure TIP // JBR RMM // JBR SSB // JBR SSP // Magnaflow CBE // MSR 045 18 X 8 +35 // ACT ZX5-HDG6 // M2 3" catless DP // AT HPFP Internals // NGK's -- FREEKTUNE in progress

Having a 12 second Honda is just like coming out of the closet; You're going to surprise a bunch of people, but in the end you're still gay.
 Old 08-21-2012, 09:10 AM   #14

JP_Playboy is the leader of the worldJP_Playboy is the leader of the worldJP_Playboy is the leader of the worldJP_Playboy is the leader of the worldJP_Playboy is the leader of the worldJP_Playboy is the leader of the worldJP_Playboy is the leader of the worldJP_Playboy is the leader of the worldJP_Playboy is the leader of the worldJP_Playboy is the leader of the worldJP_Playboy is the leader of the world
Groaned at 0 Times in 0 Posts
Not Ranked  0 score     

Originally Posted by greenespeed View Post
You are probably right. Although it is a big secret here on MSF, I had to search for 5 hours just to find out myself. LOL
At least you searched before making another stupid ass thread like OP

Semper Fi
JP_Playboy is offline   Reply With Quote
 Old 08-21-2012, 03:40 PM   #15

Not Ranked  0 score     

Originally Posted by JP_Playboy View Post
At least you searched before making another stupid ass thread like OP
My post was a joke. I know what BNRs3 is after like 3 seconds.

Old 08-21-2012, 03:51 PM   #16

Colin1337 is the leader of the worldColin1337 is the leader of the worldColin1337 is the leader of the worldColin1337 is the leader of the worldColin1337 is the leader of the worldColin1337 is the leader of the worldColin1337 is the leader of the worldColin1337 is the leader of the worldColin1337 is the leader of the worldColin1337 is the leader of the worldColin1337 is the leader of the world
Groans: 15
Groaned at 3 Times in 3 Posts
Not Ranked  0 score     

If your not "well versed" in cars, I wouldnt go BT if I was you. At MOST I'd say BNR s3, but even then I'd be worried.

2006 Mazdaspeed6 SOLD
COBB AP /|\ 3' Magnaflow CBE /|\ Autotech FPI /|\ COBB SF Intake /|\ NGK plugs /|\ RMM /|\ Megan springs /|\ GReddy RS BOV /|\ Strapped diff /|\ eGay catless DP /|\ BSD 'kit" /|\ PTP oil pan baffle /|\ Custom FMIC /|\ Spin on oil filter conversion

1995 Miata SOLD
Tokiko Illumina Adjustables | FM springs | HardDog M2 rollbar w/Single diagonal | GV rep front lip | Flyin' Miata rear shock mounts.
Colin1337 is offline   Reply With Quote