register gallery

Go Back   Mazdaspeed Forums >
MAZDASPEED SECTION
>
Mazdaspeed 3/6 MZR Gen1 Forums (2006-2009)
> MazdaSpeed 3/6 - Big Turbo Builds

MazdaSpeed 3/6 - Big Turbo Builds MazdaSpeed 3/6 - Big Turbo Builds. All discussions about big turbos, hybrids and builds belong here.

Welcome to Mazdaspeed Forums .

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

*When you join MSF as a registered user, there will be No Ads.

*Registered Members get access to the Off Topic Area of the Forum

*Registered Members have an opportunity to upgrade their accounts to VIP, which brings a host of goddies for supporting MSF such as Raffles, Additional Forum Access, More PM Storage, The ability to upload more Images and many other enhancements.

*Registered members also get access to the live chat box!
Like Tree47Likes

Bookmark and Share LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
 Old 08-14-2015, 07:12 AM   #201

Ziggo is the leader of the worldZiggo is the leader of the worldZiggo is the leader of the worldZiggo is the leader of the worldZiggo is the leader of the worldZiggo is the leader of the worldZiggo is the leader of the worldZiggo is the leader of the worldZiggo is the leader of the worldZiggo is the leader of the worldZiggo is the leader of the world
Thanked 10,245 Times in 2,732 Posts
Groans: 6
Groaned at 16 Times in 15 Posts
(Thread Starter)
Not Ranked  0 score     

The turbo has no impact on emissions. I have an OBD2 inspection as well and have had no issues. Things like a cat less downpipe or EGR block off have more of an impact.

The OEM clutch is fine, excepting actual hard road course use. Sustained abuse on a hot day at the track results in a slipping clutch. I went to an ACT 6puck sprung probably 6 months after installing because of frustration on the race track

I get terrible MPG, about 18, but I drive 7 miles to work. I get probably 24 on longer drives. I've never cared to try to improve it, the 5/7 E85 mix doesn't help, and as always it's going to be dependent on your right foot. Some folks have reported better MPG with larger turbos than this, simply because with the delayed spool, you don't tend to squirt around as much.

No PCV or dipstick issues, but that has to do with motor health more than anything. I don't run a catch can.
BC Coilovers (-2.5º F, -1º R) \ Saitek Front Endlinks \ SPC Rear Camber Arms \ Hotchkis FSB & RSB
JBR 88 Duro RMM TMM PMM \ COBB AP (Self Tuned) \ EGT \ Oil Pres \ Oil Temp \ DashHawk
Ziggo is offline   Reply With Quote
 Old 08-14-2015, 09:15 AM   #202

g00s3y is the leader of the worldg00s3y is the leader of the worldg00s3y is the leader of the worldg00s3y is the leader of the worldg00s3y is the leader of the worldg00s3y is the leader of the worldg00s3y is the leader of the worldg00s3y is the leader of the worldg00s3y is the leader of the worldg00s3y is the leader of the worldg00s3y is the leader of the world
Thanked 2,166 Times in 964 Posts
Groans: 438
Groaned at 11 Times in 11 Posts
Not Ranked  0 score     

Mine should be here Monday, will probably take the old turbo out and prep it all Sunday night, should make for a nice quick install. I've taken the DP/turbo off a few times already, so everything should go smoothly. I'll probably throw up some pics just for the hell of it too.
 Old 08-14-2015, 09:49 AM   #203

Lex2007 has a reputation beyond reputeLex2007 has a reputation beyond reputeLex2007 has a reputation beyond reputeLex2007 has a reputation beyond reputeLex2007 has a reputation beyond reputeLex2007 has a reputation beyond reputeLex2007 has a reputation beyond reputeLex2007 has a reputation beyond reputeLex2007 has a reputation beyond reputeLex2007 has a reputation beyond reputeLex2007 has a reputation beyond repute
Groans: 0
Groaned at 10 Times in 8 Posts
Not Ranked  0 score     

Originally Posted by Ziggo View Post
The turbo has no impact on emissions. I have an OBD2 inspection as well and have had no issues. Things like a cat less downpipe or EGR block off have more of an impact.

The OEM clutch is fine, excepting actual hard road course use. Sustained abuse on a hot day at the track results in a slipping clutch. I went to an ACT 6puck sprung probably 6 months after installing because of frustration on the race track

I get terrible MPG, about 18, but I drive 7 miles to work. I get probably 24 on longer drives. I've never cared to try to improve it, the 5/7 E85 mix doesn't help, and as always it's going to be dependent on your right foot. Some folks have reported better MPG with larger turbos than this, simply because with the delayed spool, you don't tend to squirt around as much.

No PCV or dipstick issues, but that has to do with motor health more than anything. I don't run a catch can.
Thanks for the great info Ziggo. Much appreciated.

If you had to do it again, would you have chosen this same set up?

Originally Posted by g00s3y View Post
Mine should be here Monday, will probably take the old turbo out and prep it all Sunday night, should make for a nice quick install. I've taken the DP/turbo off a few times already, so everything should go smoothly. I'll probably throw up some pics just for the hell of it too.
Why you switching from a k04 that's already making plenty of power?

Last edited by Lex2007; 08-14-2015 at 09:49 AM. Reason: MSF Database - Automerged Doublepost
Lex2007 is offline   Reply With Quote
 Old 08-14-2015, 10:58 AM   #204

Ziggo is the leader of the worldZiggo is the leader of the worldZiggo is the leader of the worldZiggo is the leader of the worldZiggo is the leader of the worldZiggo is the leader of the worldZiggo is the leader of the worldZiggo is the leader of the worldZiggo is the leader of the worldZiggo is the leader of the worldZiggo is the leader of the world
Thanked 10,245 Times in 2,732 Posts
Groans: 6
Groaned at 16 Times in 15 Posts
(Thread Starter)
Not Ranked  0 score     

Absolutely. Its an even better deal now than it was when I bought it. IMO its the best path to maximizing the capabilities of the stock block. Use the money you save vs an ATP kit to get a 3.5" intake and/or a meth kit if E85 isn't available.
BC Coilovers (-2.5º F, -1º R) \ Saitek Front Endlinks \ SPC Rear Camber Arms \ Hotchkis FSB & RSB
JBR 88 Duro RMM TMM PMM \ COBB AP (Self Tuned) \ EGT \ Oil Pres \ Oil Temp \ DashHawk
Ziggo is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Ziggo For This Useful Post:
Code Monkey (08-14-2015), WAMBUSHHHH! (08-14-2015)
 Old 08-14-2015, 11:13 AM   #205

ItsNox is the leader of the worldItsNox is the leader of the worldItsNox is the leader of the worldItsNox is the leader of the worldItsNox is the leader of the worldItsNox is the leader of the worldItsNox is the leader of the worldItsNox is the leader of the worldItsNox is the leader of the worldItsNox is the leader of the worldItsNox is the leader of the world
Thanked 2,929 Times in 1,656 Posts
Groans: 7
Groaned at 5 Times in 5 Posts
Not Ranked  0 score     

If youre getting a beaner you need teh meths!!

Good info Ziggo! Thanks for this write up too bud.
Power & Drivetrain BNR S3v2 / AP V3 + 100% Meth / Autotechs / JBR Tru 3.5" SRI w/ 51R Battery / ETS TMIC / DO Meth D07 @ 100% / ACT6 Puck w/ Streetlight FW / 80mm CorkSport Exhaust / SLS Test Pipe / Turbosmart BPV / Techna-Fit SS CL / AP Shift Hammer / Bosch 3Bar / Grimspeed EBCS / NGK 1 Step Colder / JBR Boost Tubes / ProSport Sammich Plate / Rotella
Suspension & Mounts KWv2 Fronts & Bilstein Rears / AIDS Rear Diff Mounts / Whiteline RSB / Prothane Lowpro Bushings / Steeda Endlinks / JBR 88RMM / JBR Solid Bushings
Brakes & Wheels StopTech Slotted Rotors & Pads / Technafit SS Brake Lines / Evo X Wheels / 245/40/18 Potenza RE760s
Misc Redline & Unicorn Jizz (XTM5QS) / Sharkfin Antenna / Kuda Mount of Sweetness / Full TRS Mini-H1 Retrofit w/ Demon Eyes / TRS Xb LED Fogs / Hardwired Valentine 1 w/ Bluetooth / AuxMod w/Bluetooth

- Miltuned

On order/To be installed: E-btec Built Motor , BNR S4, CPe EWG Exhaust Mani, Precision 46mm WG, Kozmic 6th Port, CS FSB, RDMotorsportz Crash Bar, CS Injector Seals.

Georgia Motherfucking Nator
Originally Posted by Ziggylittles View Post
I hate that you can sleep on suckas and then make rape with your family sedan
ItsNox is offline   Reply With Quote
 Old 08-14-2015, 11:16 AM   #206

g00s3y is the leader of the worldg00s3y is the leader of the worldg00s3y is the leader of the worldg00s3y is the leader of the worldg00s3y is the leader of the worldg00s3y is the leader of the worldg00s3y is the leader of the worldg00s3y is the leader of the worldg00s3y is the leader of the worldg00s3y is the leader of the worldg00s3y is the leader of the world
Not Ranked  0 score     

Originally Posted by Lex2007 View Post
Why you switching from a k04 that's already making plenty of power?
I don't run it daily with the map that made 348/356. Was more of just a "push it as far as I can, and see what numbers I could hit on the dyno" map. I go daily with ~310/335.

The k04 dies off after ~5300rpm, while this BNR will pull nicely until redline. Plus I'm pretty positive I could hit my current daily numbers on just pump with the s3, and getting MPG back from having to run a corn mix. On pump with the k04 I maxed out ~290/330, so I'll be interested to see what I can get with it.
 Old 08-14-2015, 11:19 AM   #207

Lex2007 has a reputation beyond reputeLex2007 has a reputation beyond reputeLex2007 has a reputation beyond reputeLex2007 has a reputation beyond reputeLex2007 has a reputation beyond reputeLex2007 has a reputation beyond reputeLex2007 has a reputation beyond reputeLex2007 has a reputation beyond reputeLex2007 has a reputation beyond reputeLex2007 has a reputation beyond reputeLex2007 has a reputation beyond repute
Not Ranked  0 score     

Originally Posted by Ziggo View Post
Absolutely. Its an even better deal now than it was when I bought it. IMO its the best path to maximizing the capabilities of the stock block. Use the money you save vs an ATP kit to get a 3.5" intake and/or a meth kit if E85 isn't available.

Corksport's $1100 kit is spoken highly of on this forum. ATP has like 12 different turbo offerings. No idea what the real world differences are. So many choices is dizzying.

Regardless of the turbo, the essentials are 1. high pressure fuel pump internals to provide more fuel 2. COBB access port to be able to reprogram the computer to accept the new turbo parameters, 3. new boost controller, yes?

After that, the options for new headers, downpipe, turbo inlet pipe and larger cold air intake are all optional. Is that correct?

My problem is this is my daily driver. Cant have too much down time as I do the install and troubleshoot.
 Old 08-14-2015, 11:37 AM   #208

Not Ranked  0 score     

I don't run it daily with the map that made 348/356. Was more of just a "push it as far as I can, and see what numbers I could hit on the dyno" map. I go daily with ~310/335.

The k04 dies off after ~5300rpm, while this BNR will pull nicely until redline. Plus I'm pretty positive I could hit my current daily numbers on just pump with the s3, and getting MPG back from having to run a corn mix. On pump with the k04 I maxed out ~290/330, so I'll be interested to see what I can get with it.
ah good info. What did you pay for the Ko4 kit? Who sold it to you?
 Old 08-14-2015, 12:21 PM   #209

WAMBUSHHHH! is the leader of the worldWAMBUSHHHH! is the leader of the worldWAMBUSHHHH! is the leader of the worldWAMBUSHHHH! is the leader of the worldWAMBUSHHHH! is the leader of the worldWAMBUSHHHH! is the leader of the worldWAMBUSHHHH! is the leader of the worldWAMBUSHHHH! is the leader of the worldWAMBUSHHHH! is the leader of the worldWAMBUSHHHH! is the leader of the worldWAMBUSHHHH! is the leader of the world
Thanked 1,333 Times in 713 Posts
Groans: 9
Groaned at 3 Times in 3 Posts
Not Ranked  0 score     

ah good info. What did you pay for the Ko4 kit? Who sold it to you?
K04 comes in the car? Soooo, it was included in the price when he bought it..

Corksport's $1100 kit is spoken highly of on this forum. ATP has like 12 different turbo offerings. No idea what the real world differences are. So many choices is dizzying.

Regardless of the turbo, the essentials are 1. high pressure fuel pump internals to provide more fuel 2. COBB access port to be able to reprogram the computer to accept the new turbo parameters, 3. new boost controller, yes?

After that, the options for new headers, downpipe, turbo inlet pipe and larger cold air intake are all optional. Is that correct?

My problem is this is my daily driver. Cant have too much down time as I do the install and troubleshoot.
Lock down what your power goals are and from there the turbo selection should start to narrow down. If you need the car up and running quickly, I would go with either the BNR, CS or GT28 series as they give relatively the same power, great turbos for the stock block and are more or less direct bolt ons. Not sure if Edge is still doing their BNR sale but they have a kit with just about everyting you would need for a BNR.

While those are bolt-ons and can be done in roughly one day, with the luck, helping hands and patience, be sure to build in an extra day or so to troubleshoot issues. If you can't have the car down for too long, building that extra day in will help ease pressure off in case something unexpected happens. When I helped with a BNR install for a fellow NATOR, his MAP sensor was bad (it was new, covered thankfully) but he couldn't read boost. So tuning couldn't take place until we got that sorted out. Obvisouly an easy fix but did take a day to get a new one. His car was drivable but we just couldn't tell if he was getting any boost or too much. Since the BNR moved the turbo over ever so lightly, his intake was rubbing and hitting his BPV on his TMIC. Things like that happen and if you need the car the next day, it may not be possible to get everything sorted out. Just food for thought.

2004 Yamaha R6 - Micron Ricer Pipe / PC
2005 Honda CBR 600 F4i - R.I.P. 10/29/13
WAMBUSHHHH! is offline   Reply With Quote
 Old 08-14-2015, 12:37 PM   #210

Not Ranked  0 score     

Thanks Wambush. Good info. I recognize that little issues could delay the process by a week or so. I would anticipate a week's down time. (I didnt realize he was talking about the stock turbo, clearly. Thanks for clarifying)

Its hard know how much more power Im wanting honestly. If Im gonna drop $2000 on a Accessport and turbo I expect at least another 60-75 hp. Otherwise what's the point? But I dont know what that means for driveability, torque steer, MPG when not hammering it, ability of the clutch to handle the torque, LSD and gears to handle the torque.

I also recognize that 450hp for example in a FWD is sorta worthless accept on the highway. FWD has its limitations.
 Old 08-19-2015, 12:07 PM   #211

Not Ranked  0 score     

Well this sucks, I must have over rotated the housing. Wastegate isn't working properly, can't build any boost on the low end, WGDC shoots up when first going WOT, then just drops to 0. Turbo is still spiking around 20-21psi at redline. Was a pain in the ass getting the WG back on after rotating the housing. No where near as easy as anyone made it out to be. And the k04 WG rotation bracket that came with the HTP under route piping didn't help either.

Not blaming any company, just for anyone else thinking of going this route, it isn't just a straight up easy swap. Modifications will have to be made.
 Old 08-19-2015, 01:01 PM   #212
JBR
Approved MSF Vendor

JBR is the leader of the worldJBR is the leader of the worldJBR is the leader of the worldJBR is the leader of the worldJBR is the leader of the worldJBR is the leader of the worldJBR is the leader of the worldJBR is the leader of the worldJBR is the leader of the worldJBR is the leader of the worldJBR is the leader of the world
Thanked 13,815 Times in 2,745 Posts
Groans: 28
Groaned at 79 Times in 53 Posts
Not Ranked  0 score     

Well this sucks, I must have over rotated the housing. Wastegate isn't working properly, can't build any boost on the low end, WGDC shoots up when first going WOT, then just drops to 0. Turbo is still spiking around 20-21psi at redline. Was a pain in the ass getting the WG back on after rotating the housing. No where near as easy as anyone made it out to be. And the k04 WG rotation bracket that came with the HTP under route piping didn't help either.

Not blaming any company, just for anyone else thinking of going this route, it isn't just a straight up easy swap. Modifications will have to be made.
You should be able to clock the S3 using the wastegate bracket that came with the turbo. We've done with our under mounted piping and it works perfectly.

Mazda Performance Parts & Accessories // JamesBaroneRacing.com
JBR is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to JBR For This Useful Post:
neganox (08-19-2015)
 Old 08-19-2015, 02:08 PM   #213

ItsNox is the leader of the worldItsNox is the leader of the worldItsNox is the leader of the worldItsNox is the leader of the worldItsNox is the leader of the worldItsNox is the leader of the worldItsNox is the leader of the worldItsNox is the leader of the worldItsNox is the leader of the worldItsNox is the leader of the worldItsNox is the leader of the world
Not Ranked  0 score     

Man that does suck. @ms6mil; @G1sdaname; We clocked Gabes BNR for the JBR undermotor FMIC piping and didn't have any issues if I remember. Unfortunately I was balls deep in my own BNR swap and didn't see what they had to do. Can you guys chime in?
Power & Drivetrain BNR S3v2 / AP V3 + 100% Meth / Autotechs / JBR Tru 3.5" SRI w/ 51R Battery / ETS TMIC / DO Meth D07 @ 100% / ACT6 Puck w/ Streetlight FW / 80mm CorkSport Exhaust / SLS Test Pipe / Turbosmart BPV / Techna-Fit SS CL / AP Shift Hammer / Bosch 3Bar / Grimspeed EBCS / NGK 1 Step Colder / JBR Boost Tubes / ProSport Sammich Plate / Rotella
Suspension & Mounts KWv2 Fronts & Bilstein Rears / AIDS Rear Diff Mounts / Whiteline RSB / Prothane Lowpro Bushings / Steeda Endlinks / JBR 88RMM / JBR Solid Bushings
Brakes & Wheels StopTech Slotted Rotors & Pads / Technafit SS Brake Lines / Evo X Wheels / 245/40/18 Potenza RE760s
Misc Redline & Unicorn Jizz (XTM5QS) / Sharkfin Antenna / Kuda Mount of Sweetness / Full TRS Mini-H1 Retrofit w/ Demon Eyes / TRS Xb LED Fogs / Hardwired Valentine 1 w/ Bluetooth / AuxMod w/Bluetooth

- Miltuned

On order/To be installed: E-btec Built Motor , BNR S4, CPe EWG Exhaust Mani, Precision 46mm WG, Kozmic 6th Port, CS FSB, RDMotorsportz Crash Bar, CS Injector Seals.

Old 08-19-2015, 03:58 PM   #214
Feline Führer

neganox is the leader of the worldneganox is the leader of the worldneganox is the leader of the worldneganox is the leader of the worldneganox is the leader of the worldneganox is the leader of the worldneganox is the leader of the worldneganox is the leader of the worldneganox is the leader of the worldneganox is the leader of the worldneganox is the leader of the world
Thanked 4,356 Times in 1,252 Posts
Groans: 49
Not Ranked  0 score     

You should be able to reuse the WGA plate that comes on the BNR. There shouldn't be a need to use the k04 plate.
neganox is offline   Reply With Quote
 Old 08-19-2015, 04:20 PM   #215

Not Ranked  0 score     

Originally Posted by jbarone View Post
You should be able to clock the S3 using the wastegate bracket that came with the turbo. We've done with our under mounted piping and it works perfectly.
The bracket that it comes with is what I used, but it hit the compressor housing when it was rotated, and only one bolt would line up. It was impossible to get them both in.

This has nothing to do with htp piping kit, that works perfectly fine with the turbo clocked.

I'll try to get some pictures when I fix it to show. But I tried everything short of grinding down the compressor housing to get it to work. In the end I had to enlarge the holes for the WG and bracket so it would bolt up. Now it's just a matter of getting it adjusted so I can boost properly.
 Old 08-19-2015, 07:38 PM   #216

G1sdaname is the leader of the worldG1sdaname is the leader of the worldG1sdaname is the leader of the worldG1sdaname is the leader of the worldG1sdaname is the leader of the worldG1sdaname is the leader of the worldG1sdaname is the leader of the worldG1sdaname is the leader of the worldG1sdaname is the leader of the worldG1sdaname is the leader of the worldG1sdaname is the leader of the world
Groaned at 0 Times in 0 Posts
Not Ranked  0 score     

Originally Posted by jbarone View Post

Mine is clocked and under engine pipping is awesome!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

You will need to be tuned for this but rotating the actuator rod two full turns will improve the boost lag (hopefully I didn't misunderstand the issue)

You can do it without taking out the turbo...

Next up: Make more money for Meth (2x)
-Gabe-

Last edited by G1sdaname; 08-19-2015 at 07:38 PM. Reason: MSF Database - Automerged Doublepost
G1sdaname is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to G1sdaname For This Useful Post:
g00s3y (08-20-2015)
 Old 08-19-2015, 07:45 PM   #217

G1sdaname is the leader of the worldG1sdaname is the leader of the worldG1sdaname is the leader of the worldG1sdaname is the leader of the worldG1sdaname is the leader of the worldG1sdaname is the leader of the worldG1sdaname is the leader of the worldG1sdaname is the leader of the worldG1sdaname is the leader of the worldG1sdaname is the leader of the worldG1sdaname is the leader of the world
Not Ranked  0 score     

The bracket that it comes with is what I used, but it hit the compressor housing when it was rotated, and only one bolt would line up. It was impossible to get them both in.

This has nothing to do with htp piping kit, that works perfectly fine with the turbo clocked.

I'll try to get some pictures when I fix it to show. But I tried everything short of grinding down the compressor housing to get it to work. In the end I had to enlarge the holes for the WG and bracket so it would bolt up. Now it's just a matter of getting it adjusted so I can boost properly.

At first that's what I thought with my BNR3 but it ended up fitting with a little (a lot) elbow grease.

-Gabe-
 Old 08-20-2015, 05:58 AM   #218
JBR
Approved MSF Vendor

JBR is the leader of the worldJBR is the leader of the worldJBR is the leader of the worldJBR is the leader of the worldJBR is the leader of the worldJBR is the leader of the worldJBR is the leader of the worldJBR is the leader of the worldJBR is the leader of the worldJBR is the leader of the worldJBR is the leader of the world
Thanked 13,815 Times in 2,745 Posts
Groans: 28
Groaned at 79 Times in 53 Posts
Not Ranked  0 score     

@G1sdaname; Those are some awesome pictures.

Yeah, it can be tricky...You have to get the turbo in just the right spot.

Mazda Performance Parts & Accessories // JamesBaroneRacing.com
JBR is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to JBR For This Useful Post:
G1sdaname (08-20-2015)
 Old 08-20-2015, 06:36 AM   #219

Not Ranked  0 score     

Originally Posted by G1sdaname View Post
Thanks for this picture. Mine is pointed almost directly down, seems I need to have it point towards the front a bit more.

Yeah, I know about being able to do it without taking it off. I had the same exact problem when I rotated my k04, went a bit too much with it, and boost response was horrible. Was extremely happy though when I found out I could get to all the bolts with everything intact.

I need to get this fixed asap, I'm driving around with about 80hp/140tq around the city on my base map thanks to this lol. I could add some timing to compensate for the moment, but I should be able to get this fixed by Saturday, which is the better idea.

Did you rotate the WG also? The tip on mine points downward. Best pic I could get of it at the moment, with everything in the way, can't wait to clean up all that clutter.

Old 08-20-2015, 07:19 AM   #220

Not Ranked  0 score     

Thanks for this picture. Mine is pointed almost directly down, seems I need to have it point towards the front a bit more.

Yeah, I know about being able to do it without taking it off. I had the same exact problem when I rotated my k04, went a bit too much with it, and boost response was horrible. Was extremely happy though when I found out I could get to all the bolts with everything intact.

I need to get this fixed asap, I'm driving around with about 80hp/140tq around the city on my base map thanks to this lol. I could add some timing to compensate for the moment, but I should be able to get this fixed by Saturday, which is the better idea.

Did you rotate the WG also? The tip on mine points downward. Best pic I could get of it at the moment, with everything in the way, can't wait to clean up all that clutter.

You rotate the WG rod, I gotta find the write up and I'll post it.

-Gabe-
 Old 08-20-2015, 08:44 AM   #221

Not Ranked  0 score     

You rotate the WG rod, I gotta find the write up and I'll post it.

I understand all that, that's not what I'm talking about. The WG itself, I see yours has the nipple pointing upward, mine is pointing down. I don't believe I rotated the WG itself, so I was wondering why the nipple would be facing the other way.
 Old 08-20-2015, 05:49 PM   #222

Not Ranked  0 score     
Default BNR S3 Swap How To

Well you have to place it in the right location but no you don't have to do anything to the WG itself

Here are some other pictures maybe this helps...

g00s3y likes this.
-Gabe-

Last edited by G1sdaname; 08-20-2015 at 05:49 PM. Reason: MSF Database - Automerged Doublepost
The Following User Says Thank You to G1sdaname For This Useful Post:
g00s3y (08-21-2015)
 Old 08-20-2015, 07:44 PM   #223

Project_dog has a reputation beyond reputeProject_dog has a reputation beyond reputeProject_dog has a reputation beyond reputeProject_dog has a reputation beyond reputeProject_dog has a reputation beyond reputeProject_dog has a reputation beyond reputeProject_dog has a reputation beyond reputeProject_dog has a reputation beyond reputeProject_dog has a reputation beyond reputeProject_dog has a reputation beyond reputeProject_dog has a reputation beyond repute
Groaned at 7 Times in 5 Posts
Not Ranked  0 score     

Anyone here running a turbo blanket? On it

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Tapatalk
2007 Mazda CX-7: Custom FMIC, Forge V1 BPV, Grimmspeed 3 port EBC, BNR S3 turbo, 3 inch Catless DP, Muffler Delete, JBR 3.5 intake, Autotech HPFP Internals, JBR OCC, Vogland Springs. Stereo: Two Memphis 10" Subs, 2 Memphis 1.500 Amps. Memphis 4.50 Amp, Image Dynamics Components and Coaxials.
Project_dog is offline   Reply With Quote
 Old 08-21-2015, 09:53 AM   #224

Not Ranked  0 score     

Here are some other pictures maybe this helps...

Test it with an air compressor... wow... I'm an idiot. This would have saved me so much time, and blood, and beer. Why did I not think of this all these times. The air compressor was just sitting right there in the corner of the garage, looking at me, knowing damn well what it could have done...

I should probably just sell this car and get a prius now.
 Old 11-11-2015, 10:34 PM   #225

Micha is the leader of the worldMicha is the leader of the worldMicha is the leader of the worldMicha is the leader of the worldMicha is the leader of the worldMicha is the leader of the worldMicha is the leader of the worldMicha is the leader of the worldMicha is the leader of the worldMicha is the leader of the worldMicha is the leader of the world
Thanked 4,947 Times in 1,777 Posts
Groans: 261
Groaned at 73 Times in 60 Posts
Not Ranked  0 score     

Sorry to resurrect an old thread but its pertinent to my situation.

I acquired what is to be an early BNR S3 V1. This has been confirmed with Bryan.

Anyways, while trying to clock it to put into my speed 3(yes she is going back together) it seems that the cold side of the turbo housing gets in the way of the WGA on the turbo.

Is the diameter possibly different on another WGA or even the second gen versions? Thank you very much for your help.
Micha is offline   Reply With Quote
 Old 11-12-2015, 05:36 AM   #226
Feline Führer

neganox is the leader of the worldneganox is the leader of the worldneganox is the leader of the worldneganox is the leader of the worldneganox is the leader of the worldneganox is the leader of the worldneganox is the leader of the worldneganox is the leader of the worldneganox is the leader of the worldneganox is the leader of the worldneganox is the leader of the world
Thanked 4,356 Times in 1,252 Posts
Groans: 49
Not Ranked  0 score     

Originally Posted by Micha View Post

I acquired what is to be an early BNR S3 V1. This has been confirmed with Bryan.

Anyways, while trying to clock it to put into my speed 3(yes she is going back together) it seems that the cold side of the turbo housing gets in the way of the WGA on the turbo.

Is the diameter possibly different on another WGA or even the second gen versions? Thank you very much for your help.
That seems odd. Does your V1 look like the left turba in this picture?

Last edited by MS3Shadow; 11-12-2015 at 06:08 AM.
neganox is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to neganox For This Useful Post:
Micha (11-12-2015)
 Old 11-12-2015, 05:44 AM   #227

Not Ranked  0 score     

Originally Posted by Micha View Post

I had the same problem with my BNR S3 v2. It was a pain in the ass getting the WG back on. Had to drill out the holes a bit on the bracket so the WG could fit correctly on the bracket and not be at an angle from coming in contact from the housing.
Micha (11-12-2015)
 Old 11-12-2015, 06:32 AM   #228

aviator79 is the leader of the worldaviator79 is the leader of the worldaviator79 is the leader of the worldaviator79 is the leader of the worldaviator79 is the leader of the worldaviator79 is the leader of the worldaviator79 is the leader of the worldaviator79 is the leader of the worldaviator79 is the leader of the worldaviator79 is the leader of the worldaviator79 is the leader of the world
Thanked 1,699 Times in 1,064 Posts
Groans: 67
Groaned at 17 Times in 12 Posts
Not Ranked  0 score     

is it the two port WG? That is what I have so ya there are different WGs.
MS6 - BNRs3 - Cobb AP - JBR Tru-3.0 - Spearco FMIC - MAC EBCS - Synapse BOV - DNP - CPE DP->MF - SU RRM - TTFMM - TT + CPE Diff Mounts - Mrlilguy HPFP - Projector HID fogs - TSX projector retrofit - LI jammers - Advan RZs w/ 245 PSSs - Koni - WL RSB
aviator79 is offline   Reply With Quote
 Old 11-12-2015, 05:02 PM   #229

Micha is the leader of the worldMicha is the leader of the worldMicha is the leader of the worldMicha is the leader of the worldMicha is the leader of the worldMicha is the leader of the worldMicha is the leader of the worldMicha is the leader of the worldMicha is the leader of the worldMicha is the leader of the worldMicha is the leader of the world
Thanked 4,947 Times in 1,777 Posts
Groans: 261
Groaned at 73 Times in 60 Posts
Not Ranked  0 score     

Originally Posted by neganox View Post
That seems odd. Does your V1 look like the left turba in this picture?

Yessir. Single port WGA.
Micha is offline   Reply With Quote
 Old 05-12-2016, 08:44 AM   #230

Josadol is an unknown quantity at this point
Not Ranked  0 score     
Cool

Hello my friends...I am happy to join this community ... where the main and most important our Mazdaspeed3 som ... I hope to learn a lot from you
Josadol is offline   Reply With Quote
 Old 05-12-2016, 10:32 AM   #231

Code Monkey is the leader of the worldCode Monkey is the leader of the worldCode Monkey is the leader of the worldCode Monkey is the leader of the worldCode Monkey is the leader of the worldCode Monkey is the leader of the worldCode Monkey is the leader of the worldCode Monkey is the leader of the worldCode Monkey is the leader of the worldCode Monkey is the leader of the worldCode Monkey is the leader of the world
Thanked 9,779 Times in 3,854 Posts
Groans: 17
Groaned at 32 Times in 22 Posts
Not Ranked  0 score     

taf0422 likes this.

2017 Subaru BRZ
MCS TT1 coilovers|Brembo BBK|6UL 17x9|Trofeo R|ACE 350|flex fuel|Delicious tuned
Code Monkey is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Code Monkey For This Useful Post:
broda (05-12-2016), ItsNox (05-12-2016), Vansquish (09-06-2016)
 Old 05-12-2016, 11:20 AM   #232

broda is the leader of the worldbroda is the leader of the worldbroda is the leader of the worldbroda is the leader of the worldbroda is the leader of the worldbroda is the leader of the worldbroda is the leader of the worldbroda is the leader of the worldbroda is the leader of the worldbroda is the leader of the worldbroda is the leader of the world
Groans: 2
Groaned at 3 Times in 2 Posts
Not Ranked  0 score     

Off to a resounding start
broda is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to broda For This Useful Post:
Code Monkey (05-12-2016), Vansquish (09-06-2016)
 Old 05-12-2016, 11:22 AM   #233

Not Ranked  0 score     

Originally Posted by Code Monkey View Post
At least he doesn't have a speed 6 for once.

- Miltuned

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to ItsNox For This Useful Post:
Code Monkey (05-12-2016), Vansquish (09-06-2016)
 Old 09-06-2016, 11:16 AM   #234

PRIME-B has a spectacular aura aboutPRIME-B has a spectacular aura aboutPRIME-B has a spectacular aura about
Not Ranked  0 score     

Are you guys reusing the factory oil drain gasket or buying a new one? I'm going from stock to bnr s3 with all the supporting mods in pretty much one day, so doing my best to be prepared. Also, the coolant line is the only line that needs to be extended right? I read somewhere that the heater core hose needs to be done as well, but not all the write ups say that. thanks in advanced and wish me luck
 Old 09-06-2016, 11:51 AM   #235

everton99 is the leader of the worldeverton99 is the leader of the worldeverton99 is the leader of the worldeverton99 is the leader of the worldeverton99 is the leader of the worldeverton99 is the leader of the worldeverton99 is the leader of the worldeverton99 is the leader of the worldeverton99 is the leader of the worldeverton99 is the leader of the worldeverton99 is the leader of the world
Groaned at 8 Times in 7 Posts
Not Ranked  0 score     

I believe my S4 came with new gaskets, but it's been a while since I installed it.

everton99 is offline   Reply With Quote
 Old 09-06-2016, 11:53 AM   #236

PRIME-B has a spectacular aura aboutPRIME-B has a spectacular aura aboutPRIME-B has a spectacular aura about
Not Ranked  0 score     

Originally Posted by everton99 View Post
I believe my S4 came with new gaskets, but it's been a while since I installed it.

Ah, I bought mine used so I don't get such luxuries lol
 Old 09-06-2016, 04:19 PM   #237

Not Ranked  0 score     

Is everyone pulling oem studs off of the k04 or buying new ones? With how much of a pain the dp bolts were I feel like pulling the oem studs would be sketch.
 Old 09-06-2016, 09:13 PM   #238

Not Ranked  0 score     

Originally Posted by PRIME-B View Post
Is everyone pulling oem studs off of the k04 or buying new ones? With how much of a pain the dp bolts were I feel like pulling the oem studs would be sketch.
My studs were no problem coming out. My buddies got all mangled up when we pulled his out. A lot of factors go into it like age of car, miles, location, if turbo was pulled recently, etc. I would spend the extra few dollars for those parts, just in case.

The most valuable thing in my garage is the BOX-O-BOLTS i've accumulated over a few years of install days at my house. When your balls deep in an install and you lost/break/cut off a bolt you need, that backup is near priceless at that time.
OverBoosted likes this.

- Miltuned

The Following User Says Thank You to ItsNox For This Useful Post:
PRIME-B (09-07-2016)
 Old 09-06-2016, 09:26 PM   #239

himurax13 is the leader of the worldhimurax13 is the leader of the worldhimurax13 is the leader of the worldhimurax13 is the leader of the worldhimurax13 is the leader of the worldhimurax13 is the leader of the worldhimurax13 is the leader of the worldhimurax13 is the leader of the worldhimurax13 is the leader of the worldhimurax13 is the leader of the worldhimurax13 is the leader of the world
Thanked 3,276 Times in 1,868 Posts
Groans: 255
Groaned at 28 Times in 23 Posts
Not Ranked  0 score     

Originally Posted by PRIME-B View Post
I have snapped enough reuses studs in the past that I just buy new ones. Nothing sucks more than having to pull the turbo back out and extracting what is left.

Sent from my VS986 using Tapatalk

Pickles Tune in progress

himurax13 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to himurax13 For This Useful Post:
ItsNox (09-07-2016), PRIME-B (09-07-2016)
 Old 09-07-2016, 10:18 AM   #240

Not Ranked  0 score     

@ItsNox; @himurax13; Thanks for the input fellas, I just placed the order with edge auto for all the studs and bolts along with the oil return line gasket. That should wrap it up. Ill post on how the install went for me once I get it in.

LinkBacks (?)
LinkBack to this Thread: http://www.mazdaspeedforums.org/forum/f498/bnr-s3-swap-how-88946/
Posted By For Type Date
Turbolader ausbauen / tauschen This thread Refback 06-09-2015 11:25 AM
Eine Frage an die Turbo Spezialisten - leichtes Pfeifen unter Last This thread Refback 12-31-2014 03:56 AM
TURBO Ein-Ausbau, Tips bzw. Anleitung This thread Refback 10-21-2014 01:11 PM
Turbolader defekt - Seite 2 This thread Refback 07-23-2014 02:20 AM
How do I remove the oil drain from a KO4 turbo ? - Page 6 - Mazda 6 Forums : Mazda 6 Forum / Mazda Atenza Forum This thread Refback 06-02-2014 03:35 PM
Turboaufladung - [ALLE] BNR Turbo Upgrades This thread Refback 07-08-2013 10:01 AM
Bnr s3 upgrade help This thread Pingback 06-24-2013 11:36 PM
Whats New/General Speed 6 Discussion - Page 236 This thread Refback 06-08-2013 04:23 PM
Beaner time! - Page 15 - Mazda 6 Forums : Mazda 6 Forum / Mazda Atenza Forum This thread Refback 05-10-2013 03:37 PM
BNR Stage 3 Turbo Upgrade - Page 5 - Mazda 6 Forums : Mazda 6 Forum / Mazda Atenza Forum This thread Refback 02-24-2013 04:04 PM
Turboaufladung - [ALLE] BNR Turbo Upgrades - Seite 5 This thread Refback 02-20-2013 02:00 AM
Beaner time! - Mazda 6 Forums : Mazda 6 Forum / Mazda Atenza Forum This thread Refback 01-26-2013 07:23 PM
mikey32235 everything is broken - Page 11 This thread Refback 12-01-2012 06:42 AM
• View topic - KO4E Turbo Upgrade This thread Refback 11-28-2012 10:27 PM
[ALLE] BNR Turbo Upgrades - Seite 5 - Turboaufladung - mazda-mps.de This thread Refback 11-13-2012 09:41 PM
[ALLE] BNR Turbo Upgrades - Turboaufladung - mazda-mps.de This thread Refback 11-03-2012 10:53 AM
BNR Stage 3 Turbo Upgrade - Page 2 - Mazda 6 Forums : Mazda 6 Forum / Mazda Atenza Forum This thread Pingback 10-12-2012 09:04 AM
INTERCEPTOR EVOLUTION!!! This thread Refback 11-24-2011 01:15 PM