register gallery

Go Back   Mazdaspeed Forums >
MAZDASPEED SECTION
>
Mazdaspeed 3/6 MZR Gen1 Forums (2006-2009)
> MazdaSpeed 3/6 - Big Turbo Builds

Notices

MazdaSpeed 3/6 - Big Turbo Builds MazdaSpeed 3/6 - Big Turbo Builds. All discussions about big turbos, hybrids and builds belong here.

Welcome to Mazdaspeed Forums .

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

*When you join MSF as a registered user, there will be No Ads.

*Registered Members get access to the Off Topic Area of the Forum

*Registered Members have an opportunity to upgrade their accounts to VIP, which brings a host of goddies for supporting MSF such as Raffles, Additional Forum Access, More PM Storage, The ability to upload more Images and many other enhancements.

*Registered members also get access to the live chat box!
Like Tree15Likes

Bookmark and Share LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
 Old 03-18-2010, 07:23 PM   #1

mason is the leader of the worldmason is the leader of the worldmason is the leader of the worldmason is the leader of the worldmason is the leader of the worldmason is the leader of the worldmason is the leader of the worldmason is the leader of the worldmason is the leader of the worldmason is the leader of the worldmason is the leader of the world
Groans: 3
Groaned at 3 Times in 3 Posts
(Thread Starter)
Not Ranked  0 score     
Default BNR stage 3 turbo

i was just on the site. looks like the stage 3 turbo would be a good way to go on stock block with supporting mods like fmic and DP, cai.
i did a search but..... what is our options on bolt on turbos. ATP, SST, BNR, ??? any more?

has anyone tried one of BNRs turbos?
and what do you guys think?

thanks
mason
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to mason For This Useful Post:
mroclimbr (07-15-2013), speedo (06-21-2010)
 Old 03-18-2010, 08:20 PM   #2

yearzero is the leader of the worldyearzero is the leader of the worldyearzero is the leader of the worldyearzero is the leader of the worldyearzero is the leader of the worldyearzero is the leader of the worldyearzero is the leader of the worldyearzero is the leader of the worldyearzero is the leader of the worldyearzero is the leader of the worldyearzero is the leader of the world
Groans: 41
Groaned at 21 Times in 7 Posts
Not Ranked  0 score     

i don't know of anyone that has tried it. it looks good though. maybe a little expensive. can't you just buy a regular gt****r with a t3 housing and run it with the proper exhaust mani and ewg? seems that would be the cheaper route. i know they sell them for as little as 1200$ (maybe less, i dunno). i don't much about this crap but i'm trying to learn so if i sound like a total ass just ignore me.
yearzero is offline   Reply With Quote
 Old 03-18-2010, 08:25 PM   #3

MattJackson86 is the leader of the worldMattJackson86 is the leader of the worldMattJackson86 is the leader of the worldMattJackson86 is the leader of the worldMattJackson86 is the leader of the worldMattJackson86 is the leader of the worldMattJackson86 is the leader of the worldMattJackson86 is the leader of the worldMattJackson86 is the leader of the worldMattJackson86 is the leader of the worldMattJackson86 is the leader of the world
Groaned at 14 Times in 9 Posts
Not Ranked  0 score     

bnr stage 1 & 2 are great turbos with great reviews. Stage 3 is not yet out, due soon. Stage 2 seems to be the best choice so far. I am looking at getting the stage 2, just debating cos of cost. The BNR is definitely going to be better than a modded K04, as its not a K04. Only the housing is the same but all the internals are different. And on the stage 2 even the exhaust housing is different. This is the main thread with all the info: Mazdaspeed 3/6 K04 Hybrid turbocharger 330WHP!!! - Mazda 6 Forums : Mazda 6 / Mazda Atenza Forum

Your also going to want some tuning (AP or SB) and not just bolt on the turbo.
rfinkle2 and ms6forthewin like this.
GTX3071 - SURE 3.25" Full3 Aeros - CP-E FMIC - CP-E Catted Downpipe - CNT Catback Exhaust - HKS SSQV BPV - James Barone 88 Trilogy - KMD CDFP Internals - CP-E Injector Seals - Cobb EBCS - ITV22 at .025 - 3 Bar MAP

Bitwise Motorsports http://www.bitwise-motorsports.com -
Mazdaspeed 3 BAR MAP Harness, Torque Plugins for Android, and 3-Port EBCS (coming soon!)
MattJackson86 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to MattJackson86 For This Useful Post:
rfinkle2 (04-30-2011)
 Old 03-18-2010, 08:40 PM   #4

mason is the leader of the worldmason is the leader of the worldmason is the leader of the worldmason is the leader of the worldmason is the leader of the worldmason is the leader of the worldmason is the leader of the worldmason is the leader of the worldmason is the leader of the worldmason is the leader of the worldmason is the leader of the world
(Thread Starter)
Not Ranked  0 score     

yeah, im running the cobb AP
 Old 03-18-2010, 08:59 PM   #5

banditscout is the leader of the worldbanditscout is the leader of the worldbanditscout is the leader of the worldbanditscout is the leader of the worldbanditscout is the leader of the worldbanditscout is the leader of the worldbanditscout is the leader of the worldbanditscout is the leader of the worldbanditscout is the leader of the worldbanditscout is the leader of the worldbanditscout is the leader of the world
Groans: 50
Groaned at 3 Times in 2 Posts
Not Ranked  0 score     

I'm intrigued. Forzda has one, we need to get the dirty from him.
banditscout is offline   Reply With Quote
 Old 03-19-2010, 07:41 AM   #6
Will fuck up ur day

Chimmike is the leader of the worldChimmike is the leader of the worldChimmike is the leader of the worldChimmike is the leader of the worldChimmike is the leader of the worldChimmike is the leader of the worldChimmike is the leader of the worldChimmike is the leader of the worldChimmike is the leader of the worldChimmike is the leader of the worldChimmike is the leader of the world
Thanked 8,005 Times in 3,139 Posts
Groans: 434
Groaned at 224 Times in 138 Posts
Not Ranked  0 score     

$1300 for a hybrid stock turbo to get you an additional 30whp? ripoff.

$1300 will buy you a good brand new GT turbo and for less than $2k all together you could have an external wg and manifold too, capable of a lot more power with less boost.
Turismo Vids - Store your car vids and pics here! Blog your builds too!
Click here for great deals at The RPM Store! PM me for pricing!
I hear that honkey at Protégé Garage is pretty decent too.
Chimmike is offline   Reply With Quote
 Old 03-19-2010, 07:51 AM   #7

SneakyP86 is the leader of the worldSneakyP86 is the leader of the worldSneakyP86 is the leader of the worldSneakyP86 is the leader of the worldSneakyP86 is the leader of the worldSneakyP86 is the leader of the worldSneakyP86 is the leader of the worldSneakyP86 is the leader of the worldSneakyP86 is the leader of the worldSneakyP86 is the leader of the worldSneakyP86 is the leader of the world
Groans: 18
Groaned at 19 Times in 13 Posts
Not Ranked  0 score     

Originally Posted by chimmike View Post
$1300 for a hybrid stock turbo to get you an additional 30whp? ripoff.

$1300 will buy you a good brand new GT turbo and for less than $2k all together you could have an external wg and manifold too, capable of a lot more power with less boost.

Well I think you might be leaving out just a thing or 2. You get the GT turbo your gonna need to weld the IWG closed or block it off. Your also gonna need to get a screamer pipe made for the EWG and lets not forget the EBCS that your gonna want to get to help control that new EWG. You will also have to more than likely get new oil and water lines run to as more than likely the old ones wont fit. Also if your gonna do that you might want to go ahead and have the whole shebang ceramic coated to help cut down on the heat. So no in my opinion if you are not changing shit out completely like going to a top mount mani or maybe a T3/T4 turbo its probably actually gonna be cheaper to go with the BNR turo.

I'VE BEEN PLAYING DUMB FOR SO LONG ITS NOT A GAME ANYMORE

IF IT WAS WORTH THE TIME IT TOOK YOU TO GET EVEN THAN WHY DIDNT YOU TAKE A LITTLE MORE AND GET AHEAD?
SneakyP86 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to SneakyP86 For This Useful Post:
breakfstincluded (07-01-2012), Dre (04-05-2010)
 Old 03-19-2010, 07:57 AM   #8

8.5MS3 is the leader of the world8.5MS3 is the leader of the world8.5MS3 is the leader of the world8.5MS3 is the leader of the world8.5MS3 is the leader of the world8.5MS3 is the leader of the world8.5MS3 is the leader of the world8.5MS3 is the leader of the world8.5MS3 is the leader of the world8.5MS3 is the leader of the world8.5MS3 is the leader of the world
Thanked 7,120 Times in 2,292 Posts
Groans: 325
Groaned at 53 Times in 51 Posts
Not Ranked  0 score     

I am considering this in the long run...
8.5MS3 is offline   Reply With Quote
 Old 03-19-2010, 08:04 AM   #9

Alpha is the leader of the worldAlpha is the leader of the worldAlpha is the leader of the worldAlpha is the leader of the worldAlpha is the leader of the worldAlpha is the leader of the worldAlpha is the leader of the worldAlpha is the leader of the worldAlpha is the leader of the worldAlpha is the leader of the worldAlpha is the leader of the world
Thanked 2,894 Times in 1,356 Posts
Groans: 24
Groaned at 107 Times in 59 Posts
Not Ranked  0 score     
Thumbs up

I've had a deposit on a stage 3 for a couple months now.

I'm just collecting my support mods before I give him the green light since he's holding a 2871 wheel for me.

As stated, this negates all of the headaches and requirements that are needed with the GT series turbos.

I'm keeping the stealth TMIC and IWG on this setup for a sleeper effect and once tuned I think it'll scoot pretty well for what it is.

For most of us, hitting 350 AWHP is PLENTY for this type of car. Most of us daily drive these cars, including myself, and if you honestly wanted big HP or ETs... you picked the wrong car IMHO.

I have a single digit LSX car if I want to race, this car's just a fun DD.
Alpha is online now   Reply With Quote
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Alpha For This Useful Post:
amoosenamedhank (05-19-2010), breakfstincluded (07-01-2012), Broxer (07-22-2011), Mistersix (12-31-2010), phillyb (03-30-2010), RhoadBlock (04-28-2010)
 Old 03-19-2010, 08:05 AM   #10

xxspeed3 has a reputation beyond reputexxspeed3 has a reputation beyond reputexxspeed3 has a reputation beyond reputexxspeed3 has a reputation beyond reputexxspeed3 has a reputation beyond reputexxspeed3 has a reputation beyond reputexxspeed3 has a reputation beyond reputexxspeed3 has a reputation beyond reputexxspeed3 has a reputation beyond reputexxspeed3 has a reputation beyond reputexxspeed3 has a reputation beyond repute
Groans: 1
Groaned at 6 Times in 3 Posts
Not Ranked  0 score     

i think the stage 3 is going to be the perfect turbo for the speed3, for all around DD and track, alot of ppl are trying to go big but we forget its a FWD, we broke lose like crazy as is at 350whrp, i spoke to bryan, he said this stage 3 is rated at 380whrp, which is pretty much a gt28 in hybrid mode.
xxspeed3 is offline   Reply With Quote
 Old 03-19-2010, 08:18 AM   #11

Alpha is the leader of the worldAlpha is the leader of the worldAlpha is the leader of the worldAlpha is the leader of the worldAlpha is the leader of the worldAlpha is the leader of the worldAlpha is the leader of the worldAlpha is the leader of the worldAlpha is the leader of the worldAlpha is the leader of the worldAlpha is the leader of the world
Not Ranked  0 score     

Originally Posted by xxspeed3 View Post
i think the stage 3 is going to be the perfect turbo for the speed3, for all around DD and track, alot of ppl are trying to go big but we forget its a FWD, we broke lose like crazy as is at 350whrp, i spoke to bryan, he said this stage 3 is rated at 380whrp, which is pretty much a gt28 in hybrid mode.
Speak for yourself, AWD BABY! Haha!

No, but you only need so much power not to mention reliable power on stock internals.
 Old 03-19-2010, 08:37 AM   #12

8.5MS3 is the leader of the world8.5MS3 is the leader of the world8.5MS3 is the leader of the world8.5MS3 is the leader of the world8.5MS3 is the leader of the world8.5MS3 is the leader of the world8.5MS3 is the leader of the world8.5MS3 is the leader of the world8.5MS3 is the leader of the world8.5MS3 is the leader of the world8.5MS3 is the leader of the world
Not Ranked  0 score     

Whats pushing me this way is autox. A big turbo is great for numbers, but during runs i rarely get out of 2nd and exceed 60mph. so having a turbo that spools like stock is great for coming out of hard corners at low speeds, where spool time can take valuable 1/10ths off your time
 Old 03-19-2010, 08:45 AM   #13
Will fuck up ur day

Chimmike is the leader of the worldChimmike is the leader of the worldChimmike is the leader of the worldChimmike is the leader of the worldChimmike is the leader of the worldChimmike is the leader of the worldChimmike is the leader of the worldChimmike is the leader of the worldChimmike is the leader of the worldChimmike is the leader of the worldChimmike is the leader of the world
Thanked 8,005 Times in 3,139 Posts
Groans: 434
Groaned at 224 Times in 138 Posts
Not Ranked  0 score     

Originally Posted by SneakyP86 View Post
Well I think you might be leaving out just a thing or 2. You get the GT turbo your gonna need to weld the IWG closed or block it off. Your also gonna need to get a screamer pipe made for the EWG and lets not forget the EBCS that your gonna want to get to help control that new EWG. You will also have to more than likely get new oil and water lines run to as more than likely the old ones wont fit. Also if your gonna do that you might want to go ahead and have the whole shebang ceramic coated to help cut down on the heat. So no in my opinion if you are not changing shit out completely like going to a top mount mani or maybe a T3/T4 turbo its probably actually gonna be cheaper to go with the BNR turo.
oil/water lines are easy to get made locally out of teflon/stainless.

You can get a GT turbo with a non IWG housing easily.

Regardless, you're paying $1300 (plus a tuner if you don't have one) to get you to 330whp from, say 300whp with all bolt ons. $1300 for 30whp=ripoff IMO. And the potential to get more power than that just won't be there. So you've basically paid $1300 for a low, low ceiling.
Turismo Vids - Store your car vids and pics here! Blog your builds too!
Click here for great deals at The RPM Store! PM me for pricing!
I hear that honkey at Protégé Garage is pretty decent too.
Chimmike is offline   Reply With Quote
 Old 03-19-2010, 08:52 AM   #14

Superstretch18 has a reputation beyond reputeSuperstretch18 has a reputation beyond reputeSuperstretch18 has a reputation beyond reputeSuperstretch18 has a reputation beyond reputeSuperstretch18 has a reputation beyond reputeSuperstretch18 has a reputation beyond reputeSuperstretch18 has a reputation beyond reputeSuperstretch18 has a reputation beyond reputeSuperstretch18 has a reputation beyond reputeSuperstretch18 has a reputation beyond reputeSuperstretch18 has a reputation beyond repute
Groans: 10
Groaned at 4 Times in 4 Posts
Not Ranked  0 score     

Originally Posted by chimmike View Post
oil/water lines are easy to get made locally out of teflon/stainless.

You can get a GT turbo with a non IWG housing easily.

Regardless, you're paying $1300 (plus a tuner if you don't have one) to get you to 330whp from, say 300whp with all bolt ons. $1300 for 30whp=ripoff IMO. And the potential to get more power than that just won't be there. So you've basically paid $1300 for a low, low ceiling.
If your goal is all out power, you are correct. If your goal is a turbo that bolts up to all the stock mounting points, doesn't leak oil and gets you to a great power level for a daily driver, the BNR is a great solution. Far better than the PG or PTP rebuilds...
rfinkle2 likes this.

Originally Posted by martyxattack View Post
who has the most care? me 0 care.
Superstretch18 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Superstretch18 For This Useful Post:
Alpha (03-19-2010), cld12pk2go (03-26-2010), rfinkle2 (04-10-2011), RhoadBlock (03-23-2010)
 Old 03-19-2010, 09:07 AM   #15

Not Ranked  0 score     

Originally Posted by Superstretch18 View Post
If your goal is all out power, you are correct. If your goal is a turbo that bolts up to all the stock mounting points, doesn't leak oil and gets you to a great power level for a daily driver, the BNR is a great solution. Far better than the PG or PTP rebuilds...
Exactly. Not to mention EWGs sound like S&*t unless they're fabbed to dump back into the DP. (PITA)

Different goals, different means.
 Old 03-19-2010, 10:01 AM   #16

MattJackson86 is the leader of the worldMattJackson86 is the leader of the worldMattJackson86 is the leader of the worldMattJackson86 is the leader of the worldMattJackson86 is the leader of the worldMattJackson86 is the leader of the worldMattJackson86 is the leader of the worldMattJackson86 is the leader of the worldMattJackson86 is the leader of the worldMattJackson86 is the leader of the worldMattJackson86 is the leader of the world
Not Ranked  0 score     

Originally Posted by Alpha View Post
I've had a deposit on a stage 3 for a couple months now.
Why stage 3 and not 2? What were the main differences you liked stage 3?
GTX3071 - SURE 3.25" Full3 Aeros - CP-E FMIC - CP-E Catted Downpipe - CNT Catback Exhaust - HKS SSQV BPV - James Barone 88 Trilogy - KMD CDFP Internals - CP-E Injector Seals - Cobb EBCS - ITV22 at .025 - 3 Bar MAP

Mazdaspeed 3 BAR MAP Harness, Torque Plugins for Android, and 3-Port EBCS (coming soon!)
 Old 03-19-2010, 12:54 PM   #17

Not Ranked  0 score     

Originally Posted by MattJackson86 View Post
Why stage 3 and not 2? What were the main differences you liked stage 3?
The 2871 wheel is good for about 30 more WHP than the Stage 2 2860.
 Old 03-20-2010, 01:12 AM   #18

mattizle14 is a jewel in the roughmattizle14 is a jewel in the roughmattizle14 is a jewel in the roughmattizle14 is a jewel in the rough
Groans: 1
Groaned at 0 Times in 0 Posts
Not Ranked  0 score     

i = l337 noob...but why not just get the gt35r and hook it up as is to a tubular mani...and keep it internally wastegated?
2008.5 Mazdaspeed 3 GT...Fully Forged Block...Ported Heads...Wiseco Forged Pistons/Pauter Forged Rods...COBB SRI...COBB DP...COBB AP...PnP Fuel Pump Internals...Cometic Head Gasket...ARP Head Studs...Denso Iridium HR:8...StreetUnit Rear Motor Mount...ACT 6 Puck Sprung Clutch Kit...Aluminum Flywheel...
mattizle14 is offline   Reply With Quote
 Old 03-20-2010, 03:06 AM   #19

DSIT995 is the leader of the worldDSIT995 is the leader of the worldDSIT995 is the leader of the worldDSIT995 is the leader of the worldDSIT995 is the leader of the worldDSIT995 is the leader of the worldDSIT995 is the leader of the worldDSIT995 is the leader of the worldDSIT995 is the leader of the worldDSIT995 is the leader of the worldDSIT995 is the leader of the world
Thanked 1,168 Times in 674 Posts
Groans: 26
Groaned at 8 Times in 8 Posts
Not Ranked  0 score     

Im goin the stg2 route. Alpha and Fordza are lucky to have stg3's. They wont be up for a few months atleast.

Yeah its expensive, but I feel its worth it. Ive said in other posts that Im not looking to break any HP #'s. Run a tune @ 16lbs, have good usable power and Im finished for awhile on this car!
rfinkle2 likes this.

99 Miata NB - Stock for now

Building a EFR 6258 Kit w/ Megasquirt 2 enhanced, COPs, Methanol, 750cc Injectors
DSIT995 is online now   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to DSIT995 For This Useful Post:
Alpha (03-20-2010)
 Old 03-22-2010, 05:02 PM   #20

(Thread Starter)
Not Ranked  0 score     

i dont know, but ive been thinking......... go big or go home. im might just get a gt 35 or 3076. im still debating.
The Following User Says Thank You to mason For This Useful Post:
mpsanger6 (03-26-2010)
 Old 03-26-2010, 06:38 AM   #21
Eth/Meth Junkie

cld12pk2go is the leader of the worldcld12pk2go is the leader of the worldcld12pk2go is the leader of the worldcld12pk2go is the leader of the worldcld12pk2go is the leader of the worldcld12pk2go is the leader of the worldcld12pk2go is the leader of the worldcld12pk2go is the leader of the worldcld12pk2go is the leader of the worldcld12pk2go is the leader of the worldcld12pk2go is the leader of the world
Thanked 5,352 Times in 1,702 Posts
Not Ranked  0 score     

Go big if you want to hate your DD.

Go reasonable if you want a fun DD.

The BNR stage 2/3 look like awesome drop in solutions for people wanting to push the stock internal limits for cheap.
rfinkle2 likes this.
08 MS3: ATP GTX3071 at 26PSI , AEM Dryflow 21-2147DK, CP-E 3.25'' MAF, CP-E Nviscid TIP, PG FMIC piping with Treadstone TR11 core, Cobb BPV, Ported IM, PG v1 manifold, CP-E catted DP, CNT CBE, KMD v2, Grimspeed EBCS, Alkycontrol Meth injection (M10 with 100% meth), E40 fuel, Cobb AP (ATR= WIN), ACT ZX4-HDSS, 3-Bar MAP, JBR RSB, and CP-E 60 Duro Engine Mount Set. (297.3WHP/366.9WTQ - on K04, 469.2WHP/420.7WTQ - on GTX3071)
cld12pk2go is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to cld12pk2go For This Useful Post:
2k10_BlkMica_in_MD (04-11-2010), 8.5MS3 (03-27-2010), Broxer (07-22-2011), Dre (04-05-2010), mroclimbr (07-15-2013), rfinkle2 (04-10-2011), RhoadBlock (04-28-2010), socks (04-12-2010), wassup61 (03-29-2010)
 Old 03-30-2010, 10:41 AM   #22
Banned

phillyb is the leader of the worldphillyb is the leader of the worldphillyb is the leader of the worldphillyb is the leader of the worldphillyb is the leader of the worldphillyb is the leader of the worldphillyb is the leader of the worldphillyb is the leader of the worldphillyb is the leader of the worldphillyb is the leader of the worldphillyb is the leader of the world
Thanked 18,736 Times in 5,164 Posts
Groans: 1,940
Groaned at 886 Times in 632 Posts
Not Ranked  0 score     

awesome thread.
will be following.
bump for anyone else using bnr turbos...
rfinkle2 likes this.
phillyb is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to phillyb For This Useful Post:
Dre (04-05-2010)
 Old 03-30-2010, 10:54 AM   #23

DSIT995 is the leader of the worldDSIT995 is the leader of the worldDSIT995 is the leader of the worldDSIT995 is the leader of the worldDSIT995 is the leader of the worldDSIT995 is the leader of the worldDSIT995 is the leader of the worldDSIT995 is the leader of the worldDSIT995 is the leader of the worldDSIT995 is the leader of the worldDSIT995 is the leader of the world
Not Ranked  0 score     

not yet, but soon...... very very soon.....

Building a EFR 6258 Kit w/ Megasquirt 2 enhanced, COPs, Methanol, 750cc Injectors
 Old 03-30-2010, 11:02 AM   #24

atenza_freak is the leader of the worldatenza_freak is the leader of the worldatenza_freak is the leader of the worldatenza_freak is the leader of the worldatenza_freak is the leader of the worldatenza_freak is the leader of the worldatenza_freak is the leader of the worldatenza_freak is the leader of the worldatenza_freak is the leader of the worldatenza_freak is the leader of the worldatenza_freak is the leader of the world
Groans: 8
Groaned at 23 Times in 12 Posts
Not Ranked  0 score     

Originally Posted by mattizle14 View Post
i = l337 noob...but why not just get the gt35r and hook it up as is to a tubular mani...and keep it internally wastegated?
Gt35r you wont hit boost until late 3000's and early 4grand. Internally wastegated 35r's i ve heard have had a tendency to spike and not hold boost as well as EWG. If you like to have a quick spool time and are happy with not getting to 400whp then this bnr shit sounds amazing.
 Old 03-30-2010, 11:03 AM   #25

Not Ranked  0 score     

Originally Posted by atenza_freak View Post
Gt35r you wont hit boost until late 3000's and early 4grand. Internally wastegated 35r's i ve heard have had a tendency to spike and not hold boost as well as EWG. If you like to have a quick spool time and are happy with not getting to 400whp then this bnr shit sounds amazing.
Indeed.
 Old 03-30-2010, 11:11 AM   #26

Not Ranked  0 score     

I wish that bryan @ BNR was more active on this board b/c he knows his shit, easy to deal with, and responds to all emails within minutes
I think more people would go this route once the saw proven gains from more than 1-2 people
I'll have #'s ina a couple months after I install it, goin the dyno tune route
rfinkle2 likes this.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to DSIT995 For This Useful Post:
phillyb (03-30-2010), rfinkle2 (04-30-2011), Superstretch18 (03-31-2010)
 Old 03-30-2010, 11:25 AM   #27

Not Ranked  0 score     

Originally Posted by DSIT995 View Post
I wish that bryan @ BNR was more active on this board b/c he knows his shit, easy to deal with, and responds to all emails within minutes
I think more people would go this route once the saw proven gains from more than 1-2 people
I'll have #'s ina a couple months after I install it, goin the dyno tune route
I know! He'd make a killing.
 Old 03-30-2010, 11:42 AM   #28
[MSF STIG]

FORZDA 1 is the leader of the worldFORZDA 1 is the leader of the worldFORZDA 1 is the leader of the worldFORZDA 1 is the leader of the worldFORZDA 1 is the leader of the worldFORZDA 1 is the leader of the worldFORZDA 1 is the leader of the worldFORZDA 1 is the leader of the worldFORZDA 1 is the leader of the worldFORZDA 1 is the leader of the worldFORZDA 1 is the leader of the world
Thanked 3,902 Times in 735 Posts
Groans: 15
Groaned at 23 Times in 13 Posts
Not Ranked  0 score     

Yeah, I have my BNR stage 3 turbo in hand along with a Jet-Hot 2000 coated DNP manifold. It is going to be a while before I get the time to get it all installed. My work keeps me away more than I would like lately. I also don't do these projects in a hurry. I will also install heat shielding on the firewall to deflect the additional direct heat from the exposed manifold.

One of the primary reasons I like the BNR hybrid turbo is that is bolts up to all the OEM braces that support the turbo and manifold. The only part reused from an OEM turbo is the exhaust housing. I paid for the core and kept my perfectly fine OEM turbo in the unlikely event I want to put the car fully back to OEM specs. I already have a new-in-the-wrapper 3071 ATP (for ~2 years now)and have deferred installing it due to the IWG boost creep issues and the fact it hangs from the manifold with no support which WILL lead to manifold cracks later. This car is not a fad for me, it is a "keeper". I kept my last "keeper" car for 17 years and it still is next door with my neighbor.
`07 Speed6 Sport Tit Gray w/Cobb; ETS; CorkSport; TXS; M2Perf; BNR; DNP; MAP; Perrin; KMD; F2; SM; Labonte; Autometer & DH; Koni; Whiteline; Racing Beat; SPC; 18x8 SSR; 225/45 Z1 SS Dunlops (17x9 RPF1 w/ 245/40s waiting); SU; TT, etc... currently broken Sleeper Express

`11 Ducati 1198SP SBK Red w/Termi exh; Redline flash-tune + PC-5; Sargent; Shift-tech, CDT, & EVR Carbon; 14F/39R FBF QC; Speedymoto; R&G; ProGrip; Custom LED; Antigravity; Ducabike; Duc Perf, etc... a 182whp/105wtq Land Rocket

`12 Ducati 1100SP EVO Hyper CORSE w/Termi exh; Redline flash-tune + PC-5; Ducshop Hyperstacks; 14F/41R FBF QC; Shift-tech, CDT, & BST(wheels) Carbon; R&G; ProGrip; Antigravity; Ducabike; Duc Perf, etc... a 95whp/75wtq Hooligan Toy

`12 Aprilia RSV4 Factory SBK w/Akra Tit exh & race map; 15/42 gear; R&G; ProGrip; Gilles; CompWerkes; LightWerkes; Lightech; LSL Pegs; Antigravity; Zero Gravity; AF1 Flat Carbon, etc... the 181whp/83wtq Land Rocket 2

`14 Ford Fiesta ST Stock for now. Well almost... Pocket Rocket Fun Toy

Last edited by FORZDA 1; 03-30-2010 at 01:10 PM.
FORZDA 1 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 13 Users Say Thank You to FORZDA 1 For This Useful Post:
802MS3 (03-30-2010), breakfstincluded (07-01-2012), Cameron Letcher (05-03-2011), Decepticon (03-30-2010), DingoDave (04-01-2011), DSIT995 (03-30-2010), i <3 bitches (04-09-2010), MicaBlackMS6 (04-12-2010), mpsanger6 (03-31-2010), MPSdriver (03-30-2010), phillyb (03-30-2010), RhoadBlock (04-28-2010), xtasy (08-30-2011)
 Old 03-30-2010, 11:47 AM   #29
Banned

phillyb is the leader of the worldphillyb is the leader of the worldphillyb is the leader of the worldphillyb is the leader of the worldphillyb is the leader of the worldphillyb is the leader of the worldphillyb is the leader of the worldphillyb is the leader of the worldphillyb is the leader of the worldphillyb is the leader of the worldphillyb is the leader of the world
Thanked 18,736 Times in 5,164 Posts
Groans: 1,940
Groaned at 886 Times in 632 Posts
Not Ranked  0 score     

cooool
phillyb is offline   Reply With Quote
 Old 03-30-2010, 11:51 AM   #30

Not Ranked  0 score     

Originally Posted by FORZDA 1 View Post
Yeah, I have mine BNR stage 3 turbo in hand along with a Jet-Hot 2000 coated DNP manifold. It is going to be a while before I get the time to get it all installed. My work keeps me away more than I would like lately. I also don't do these projects in a hurry. I will also install heat shielding on the firewall to deflect the additional direct heat from the exposed manifold.

One of the primary reasons I like the BNR hybrid turbo is that is bolts up to all the OEM braces that support the turbo and manifold. The only part reused from an OEM turbo is the exhaust housing. I paid for the core and kept my perfectly fine OEM turbo in the unlikely event I want to put the car fully back to OEM specs. I already have a new-in-the-wrapper 3071 ATP (for ~2 years now)and have deferred installing it due to the IWG boost creep issues and the fact it hangs from the manifold with no support which WILL lead to manifold cracks later. This car is not a fad for me, it is a "keeper". I kept my last "keeper" car for 17 years and it still is next door with my neighbor.
Definitely. I'm swapping A LOT of stuff at once with my BNR setup too. It's ridiculous. Haha!
 Old 03-30-2010, 03:46 PM   #31

Speedkid is just really niceSpeedkid is just really niceSpeedkid is just really niceSpeedkid is just really nice
Groans: 2
Groaned at 0 Times in 0 Posts
Not Ranked  0 score     

How much power does that turbo make?
Speedkid is offline   Reply With Quote
 Old 03-30-2010, 04:04 PM   #32

Not Ranked  0 score     

Originally Posted by Speedkid View Post
How much power does that turbo make?
bnrsupercars.com
 Old 03-30-2010, 05:21 PM   #33
[MSF STIG]

FORZDA 1 is the leader of the worldFORZDA 1 is the leader of the worldFORZDA 1 is the leader of the worldFORZDA 1 is the leader of the worldFORZDA 1 is the leader of the worldFORZDA 1 is the leader of the worldFORZDA 1 is the leader of the worldFORZDA 1 is the leader of the worldFORZDA 1 is the leader of the worldFORZDA 1 is the leader of the worldFORZDA 1 is the leader of the world
Not Ranked  0 score     

Originally Posted by 8.5MS3 View Post
Yep, pretty cool setup. The photos of the Stage 3 are my turbo!
`07 Speed6 Sport Tit Gray w/Cobb; ETS; CorkSport; TXS; M2Perf; BNR; DNP; MAP; Perrin; KMD; F2; SM; Labonte; Autometer & DH; Koni; Whiteline; Racing Beat; SPC; 18x8 SSR; 225/45 Z1 SS Dunlops (17x9 RPF1 w/ 245/40s waiting); SU; TT, etc... currently broken Sleeper Express

`11 Ducati 1198SP SBK Red w/Termi exh; Redline flash-tune + PC-5; Sargent; Shift-tech, CDT, & EVR Carbon; 14F/39R FBF QC; Speedymoto; R&G; ProGrip; Custom LED; Antigravity; Ducabike; Duc Perf, etc... a 182whp/105wtq Land Rocket

`12 Ducati 1100SP EVO Hyper CORSE w/Termi exh; Redline flash-tune + PC-5; Ducshop Hyperstacks; 14F/41R FBF QC; Shift-tech, CDT, & BST(wheels) Carbon; R&G; ProGrip; Antigravity; Ducabike; Duc Perf, etc... a 95whp/75wtq Hooligan Toy

`12 Aprilia RSV4 Factory SBK w/Akra Tit exh & race map; 15/42 gear; R&G; ProGrip; Gilles; CompWerkes; LightWerkes; Lightech; LSL Pegs; Antigravity; Zero Gravity; AF1 Flat Carbon, etc... the 181whp/83wtq Land Rocket 2

The Following User Says Thank You to FORZDA 1 For This Useful Post:
rfinkle2 (04-10-2011)
 Old 03-30-2010, 06:15 PM   #34

Babyface is the leader of the worldBabyface is the leader of the worldBabyface is the leader of the worldBabyface is the leader of the worldBabyface is the leader of the worldBabyface is the leader of the worldBabyface is the leader of the worldBabyface is the leader of the worldBabyface is the leader of the worldBabyface is the leader of the worldBabyface is the leader of the world
Thanked 1,387 Times in 82 Posts
Groans: 2
Groaned at 4 Times in 3 Posts
Not Ranked  0 score     

I want one of these!!!!
 Old 03-30-2010, 06:16 PM   #35

DaleNixon is the leader of the worldDaleNixon is the leader of the worldDaleNixon is the leader of the worldDaleNixon is the leader of the worldDaleNixon is the leader of the worldDaleNixon is the leader of the worldDaleNixon is the leader of the worldDaleNixon is the leader of the worldDaleNixon is the leader of the worldDaleNixon is the leader of the worldDaleNixon is the leader of the world
Thanked 1,496 Times in 624 Posts
Groans: 91
Groaned at 17 Times in 9 Posts
Not Ranked  0 score     

Beaner turbos? Ask Mexicant.
Gay car #1: 2001 Miata (Gay White)

Gay car #2: 2011 Mazda 2 (Gay Blue)
DaleNixon is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to DaleNixon For This Useful Post:
ganque (03-28-2011)
 Old 03-30-2010, 07:12 PM   #36

dizzin9 is the leader of the worlddizzin9 is the leader of the worlddizzin9 is the leader of the worlddizzin9 is the leader of the worlddizzin9 is the leader of the worlddizzin9 is the leader of the worlddizzin9 is the leader of the worlddizzin9 is the leader of the worlddizzin9 is the leader of the worlddizzin9 is the leader of the worlddizzin9 is the leader of the world
Thanked 1,327 Times in 525 Posts
Groans: 77
Groaned at 39 Times in 27 Posts
Not Ranked  0 score     

Originally Posted by atenza_freak View Post
Gt35r you wont hit boost until late 3000's and early 4grand.
LOL of the day

2012 FORD MUSTANG GT >>> 400A Premium _ Performance White _ 6MT _ 3.73 _ HID & Security Pkg

Koni Yellows _ Whiteline FSB & RSB _ FRPP K-Springs w/ Bump Stops, Boss 302 Strut Tower Brace, GT500 Strut Mounts, GT500 RCA, GT500-style AB
J&M PHB _ Eibach Camber Bolts _ Avant Garde M510 Satin Silver 19x9.5 40ET _ Hankook Ventus S1 noble2 275/40/19

dizzin9 is offline   Reply With Quote
 Old 03-30-2010, 08:09 PM   #37

Flightmedic is a splendid one to beholdFlightmedic is a splendid one to beholdFlightmedic is a splendid one to beholdFlightmedic is a splendid one to beholdFlightmedic is a splendid one to beholdFlightmedic is a splendid one to beholdFlightmedic is a splendid one to beholdFlightmedic is a splendid one to behold
Groans: 5
Groaned at 4 Times in 3 Posts
Neutral  -1 score     

I have a brand new BNR stage 2 that has been sitting in a box in my garage since last august along with a ton of supporting mods. Having a baby really puts a damper on modding my car : ) Hopefully when it warms up a bit I will get the turbo, DP, Mani, l/a IC bolted on and give you guys some more data.
Flightmedic is offline   Reply With Quote
 Old 03-30-2010, 08:28 PM   #38
Must Have Teh 10's!

superskaterxes is the leader of the worldsuperskaterxes is the leader of the worldsuperskaterxes is the leader of the worldsuperskaterxes is the leader of the worldsuperskaterxes is the leader of the worldsuperskaterxes is the leader of the worldsuperskaterxes is the leader of the worldsuperskaterxes is the leader of the worldsuperskaterxes is the leader of the worldsuperskaterxes is the leader of the worldsuperskaterxes is the leader of the world
Thanked 20,948 Times in 5,258 Posts
Groans: 101
Groaned at 138 Times in 95 Posts
Not Ranked  0 score     

Originally Posted by FORZDA 1 View Post
Yeah, I have my BNR stage 3 turbo in hand along with a Jet-Hot 2000 coated DNP manifold. It is going to be a while before I get the time to get it all installed. My work keeps me away more than I would like lately. I also don't do these projects in a hurry. I will also install heat shielding on the firewall to deflect the additional direct heat from the exposed manifold.

my 3076 is completely supported by the stock drainline and the inlet. i left it like that all night and shit held fine before i put the mani on. plus u also have the stock downpipe. i put the manifold on last and i could BARELY move the turbo to get the turbo studs to line up. its def got plenty of support.
2006 Mazdaspeed 6 GT Black Mica #4126
KILLAH Built/SPEED PERF6RMANC3 (SP) 10.6:1 Pistons ~ SP 11mm H11 Head Studs ~ K1 rods ~ SP CNC Head Work ~ Crower 65lb Valve Springs ~ Fully Keyed/Pinned Motor ~ GTX35R w/Tial .82AR Hotside ~ JMF IM w/1000cc PI Injectors ~ SP 75mm TB ~ SP In-Tank FP w/Dual DW300's ~ AEM FPR ~ SP Custom PI Fuel kit ~ CPE 4" MAF ~ CPE SAFEseals ~ TR1035 FMIC ~ CPE Atmosphere DP/Ex Manifold/Oil/Water Lines ~ Tial MV-R EWG VTA'd ~ Denso ITV-24's ~ CPE Dual CBE ~ CPE BT TIP ~ CPE RMM ~ JBR TMM ~ JBR PMM ~ TTFMM ~ CPE RDM ~ Sonic Tuning CO's ~ LED Tails ~ Sonic Tuning HID's ~ Whiteline RSB ~ ACT 6 Puck w/unicorn dust
First K04 in the 12's
First MS6 in the 11's
Certified RichTune E-Tuner
superskaterxes is offline   Reply With Quote
 Old 03-31-2010, 06:13 AM   #39
[MSF STIG]

Not Ranked  0 score     

Originally Posted by superskaterxes View Post
..... i put the manifold on last and i could BARELY move the turbo to get the turbo studs to line up. its def got plenty of support.

That's my point, your turbo is even putting stress on the manifold while static rather than a simple attachment. Under a few years of use, a tubular turbo manifold will almost surely crack from the stress.

Old 04-05-2010, 10:21 PM   #40

Not Ranked  0 score     

Any word on the pricing of the stage 3?

LinkBacks (?)
LinkBack to this Thread: http://www.mazdaspeedforums.org/forum/f498/bnr-stage-3-turbo-51531/
Posted By For Type Date
Flip UltraHD Camcorder, 120 Minutes (Black) This thread Refback 06-25-2012 03:08 PM
404 Not Found This thread Refback 06-15-2012 04:23 AM
FS: Cooling mist Meth kit with m10 nozzle This thread Refback 05-15-2012 11:41 AM
318racing.org &bull; View topic - FS: Cooling mist Meth kit with m10 nozzle This thread Refback 02-25-2011 08:47 PM