register gallery

Go Back   Mazdaspeed Forums >
MAZDASPEED SECTION
>
Mazdaspeed 3/6 MZR Gen1 Forums (2006-2009)
> MazdaSpeed 3/6 - Big Turbo Builds

MazdaSpeed 3/6 - Big Turbo Builds MazdaSpeed 3/6 - Big Turbo Builds. All discussions about big turbos, hybrids and builds belong here.

Welcome to Mazdaspeed Forums .

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

*When you join MSF as a registered user, there will be No Ads.

*Registered Members get access to the Off Topic Area of the Forum

*Registered Members have an opportunity to upgrade their accounts to VIP, which brings a host of goddies for supporting MSF such as Raffles, Additional Forum Access, More PM Storage, The ability to upload more Images and many other enhancements.

*Registered members also get access to the live chat box!
Like Tree62Likes

Bookmark and Share LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
 Old 04-19-2015, 10:18 AM   #1
160k stock block

Cheapspeed is the leader of the worldCheapspeed is the leader of the worldCheapspeed is the leader of the worldCheapspeed is the leader of the worldCheapspeed is the leader of the worldCheapspeed is the leader of the worldCheapspeed is the leader of the worldCheapspeed is the leader of the worldCheapspeed is the leader of the worldCheapspeed is the leader of the worldCheapspeed is the leader of the world
Thanked 2,632 Times in 1,414 Posts
Groans: 29
Groaned at 18 Times in 17 Posts
(Thread Starter)
Neutral  +1 score     
Default Cheaps gtx3076/ewg

Alright guys, I'm off for at least 1 week, hopefully 2 but no guarantees. This is my opportunity to install this turbo on the cheap and hopefully get it somewhat dialed in.

My #1 issue is lack of enclosed workspace. Coworker tried to tell me my open heavily sloped driveway was as good as any other to jack my car up and tackle this project.

After the rain/wind/hail we got last night I wholeheartedly disagree.

There's @kevdog; has an awesome garage we're all familiar with, but I know he works during the week and I'd hate to leave his car sitting out in the weather.

There' my in-laws right around the corner here in McKinney. The bronco they usually keep in there is in the shop and I was told the garage if fully available with all their tools. I'm leaning towards this option right now.

There is also my coworker who lives in Anna, which is even further out than @Ziggo; who offered his garage, but driving to and from my house to his would be a pain should this last more than 2 days.

@Zdraveca; also has a garage, but I don't know if that's doable either or what his schedule is like.

My goals:Remove liberally smoking k04 and install my turbo, but also heat shield the CAT and the dump tube. There may be a few fittings/hoses I need to purchase so I'm going to try to tackle that today. I also have extra coolant but it sounds like I should just go ahead and drain and save my newish coolant.

Complications: I'm off but I still have an energetic 1 year old and you all know how that is. We've already paid his sitter for the month so Mon, Wed, Fri I'll be kid free for a better part of the day, but I'm trying to juggle my hobbies with trying to take some of the chores off my wife's shoulders. My biggest concern will be fitment of the EWG and removal of the old turbo. My car has over 130k miles and is not without its rust. Which reminds me, I need to get the liquid wrench penetrating oil.

Input on available help is appreciated. If I should wait until later this week like Thursday or Friday I will. Otherwise I'd like to get out the k04 tonight or tomorrow. North Dallas has gotten a little crazy with bigger turbos lately so I understand if Kevin and Z might be gettin' wore out.

EDIT: Threads of reference and a thanks to their authors.
@cld12pk2go; @Hamilton69;

Cld12pk2go's ATP GTX3071 Build

Hamilton's conservative gtx3076r build
kevdog, Zdraveca and TheFlash like this.
3.5'' HTP + GFB BPV + CP-E TMIC + UR Catted DP + UR Resonated TP + JBR TMM/RMM + 51r Battery Tray + TWM Full Replacement + Autotechs + 3bar Map + Stratified EBCS + AP V3

Last edited by Cheapspeed; 04-19-2015 at 10:54 AM.
Cheapspeed is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Cheapspeed For This Useful Post:
BrianB6 (04-24-2015), cld12pk2go (04-30-2015), kevdog (04-20-2015), rfinkle2 (01-27-2016), thepatient77 (04-20-2015), Zdraveca (04-20-2015)
 Old 04-19-2015, 10:21 AM   #2

Zdraveca is the leader of the worldZdraveca is the leader of the worldZdraveca is the leader of the worldZdraveca is the leader of the worldZdraveca is the leader of the worldZdraveca is the leader of the worldZdraveca is the leader of the worldZdraveca is the leader of the worldZdraveca is the leader of the worldZdraveca is the leader of the worldZdraveca is the leader of the world
Thanked 2,748 Times in 1,432 Posts
Groans: 145
Groaned at 80 Times in 77 Posts
Not Ranked  0 score     

Man I also work from home during weekdays and watch the kids too, but im telling you that with 3people max thats a not even a full day job I started at 8am and started the car at 7pm and thats with 2 hour brake and doing it at extremely slow pace
redneck4Christ likes this.
AEM Meth Injection, Cobb AP, HTP 3' Intake, KMD interals, Shitty FMIC, JBR 88d RMM, JBR 88d TMM, JBR TIG's x2, JBR BSD, JBR Short THrow Shifter, JBR shifter bushings, Corksport License Plate Bracket, Forge BPV v1, ATP Downpipe, UR Straightpipe Beast Mod, Progress RSB, Koni Yellows, Eibach Pro Kit, Kosei K1-TS Gold 17x8,
E85 FREEKTUNE
Zdraveca is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Zdraveca For This Useful Post:
jack_hammer (04-19-2015)
 Old 04-19-2015, 10:26 AM   #3

Code Monkey is the leader of the worldCode Monkey is the leader of the worldCode Monkey is the leader of the worldCode Monkey is the leader of the worldCode Monkey is the leader of the worldCode Monkey is the leader of the worldCode Monkey is the leader of the worldCode Monkey is the leader of the worldCode Monkey is the leader of the worldCode Monkey is the leader of the worldCode Monkey is the leader of the world
Thanked 9,541 Times in 3,749 Posts
Groans: 16
Groaned at 31 Times in 21 Posts
Not Ranked  0 score     

If there are no glitches it is a half a day job. It is a big "if" though, so plan accordingly.

1991 Miata
FCM coilovers|1.8/1.8S BBK|TRMotorsport C1M 15x7|Direzza ZII
Code Monkey is online now   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Code Monkey For This Useful Post:
jack_hammer (04-19-2015), SamiChicago (04-29-2015), Zdraveca (04-19-2015)
 Old 04-19-2015, 10:46 AM   #4

NCspecV81 is the leader of the worldNCspecV81 is the leader of the worldNCspecV81 is the leader of the worldNCspecV81 is the leader of the worldNCspecV81 is the leader of the worldNCspecV81 is the leader of the worldNCspecV81 is the leader of the worldNCspecV81 is the leader of the worldNCspecV81 is the leader of the worldNCspecV81 is the leader of the worldNCspecV81 is the leader of the world
Thanked 2,467 Times in 1,090 Posts
Groaned at 32 Times in 17 Posts
Not Ranked  0 score     

Is this done yet?

NCspecV81 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to NCspecV81 For This Useful Post:
ABolewski (04-19-2015)
 Old 04-19-2015, 11:12 AM   #5

Zdraveca is the leader of the worldZdraveca is the leader of the worldZdraveca is the leader of the worldZdraveca is the leader of the worldZdraveca is the leader of the worldZdraveca is the leader of the worldZdraveca is the leader of the worldZdraveca is the leader of the worldZdraveca is the leader of the worldZdraveca is the leader of the worldZdraveca is the leader of the world
Not Ranked  0 score     

Ye finished like an hour ago
AEM Meth Injection, Cobb AP, HTP 3' Intake, KMD interals, Shitty FMIC, JBR 88d RMM, JBR 88d TMM, JBR TIG's x2, JBR BSD, JBR Short THrow Shifter, JBR shifter bushings, Corksport License Plate Bracket, Forge BPV v1, ATP Downpipe, UR Straightpipe Beast Mod, Progress RSB, Koni Yellows, Eibach Pro Kit, Kosei K1-TS Gold 17x8,
E85 FREEKTUNE
 Old 04-19-2015, 11:30 AM   #6
160k stock block

Cheapspeed is the leader of the worldCheapspeed is the leader of the worldCheapspeed is the leader of the worldCheapspeed is the leader of the worldCheapspeed is the leader of the worldCheapspeed is the leader of the worldCheapspeed is the leader of the worldCheapspeed is the leader of the worldCheapspeed is the leader of the worldCheapspeed is the leader of the worldCheapspeed is the leader of the world
(Thread Starter)
Not Ranked  0 score     

Drove to o'reilly's and just realized I'm still on ethanol. I need to burn it off and switch back to 93 for base tune.

Grabbed some heat wrap, and 3/4'' coolant line because I might have to extend the line that runs near the inlet pipe. Just need a 3/4''-3/4'' barbed nipple.

Also just looked up how to assemble my tial mv-s.
https://youtu.be/qjfJ0P632pc

Freek wants 15psi, so I believe I'm going to use the blue and yellow spring which is 15.9psi according to their website. The only other colors in the package are green and white.
3.5'' HTP + GFB BPV + CP-E TMIC + UR Catted DP + UR Resonated TP + JBR TMM/RMM + 51r Battery Tray + TWM Full Replacement + Autotechs + 3bar Map + Stratified EBCS + AP V3

Last edited by Cheapspeed; 04-19-2015 at 12:00 PM.
 Old 04-19-2015, 12:06 PM   #7

Not Ranked  0 score     

Let me know if you need vacuum line I have like 5feet left.
E85 FREEKTUNE
Cheapspeed (04-19-2015)
 Old 04-19-2015, 01:21 PM   #8
160k stock block

(Thread Starter)
Not Ranked  0 score     

@Justin@Freektune; I just cracked open the wastegate and there was already a black and red spring which is 14.50psi.

You said 15psi in your e-mail, so I was going to put the blue and yellow in for 15.9psi. Your call.
 Old 04-19-2015, 02:41 PM   #9

El Beaner is the leader of the worldEl Beaner is the leader of the worldEl Beaner is the leader of the worldEl Beaner is the leader of the worldEl Beaner is the leader of the worldEl Beaner is the leader of the worldEl Beaner is the leader of the worldEl Beaner is the leader of the worldEl Beaner is the leader of the worldEl Beaner is the leader of the worldEl Beaner is the leader of the world
Thanked 1,849 Times in 1,051 Posts
Groans: 10
Groaned at 15 Times in 15 Posts
Not Ranked  0 score     

Hope all goes well man.

Styling Mods: Kevdog Tow Plate ~ RX-8 Wheels ~ LED interior lights ~ LED Fog Lights ~ LED Bumper Reflector ~ Corksport Battery Box ~ Corksport Mud Flaps ~ Maisonvi Knob ~ Blackvue Dr550gw-2ch ~ Passport 9500ix

Freektuned on Maize
El Beaner is online now   Reply With Quote
 Old 04-19-2015, 09:04 PM   #10
160k stock block

(Thread Starter)
Not Ranked  0 score     

3 hours of work. Done for the night. DP and turbo are unbolted.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Cheapspeed For This Useful Post:
Mikey (04-20-2015), SamiChicago (04-29-2015), Zdraveca (04-19-2015)
 Old 04-19-2015, 09:18 PM   #11

Not Ranked  0 score     

Hell yeah dfw is going bt crazy
Mikey and SamiChicago like this.
E85 FREEKTUNE
BrianB6 (04-24-2015)
 Old 04-19-2015, 09:24 PM   #12

Not Ranked  0 score     

Let me know if you need help
E85 FREEKTUNE
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Zdraveca For This Useful Post:
Cheapspeed (04-20-2015), Mikey (04-20-2015)
 Old 04-20-2015, 04:01 AM   #13

TheFlash is the leader of the worldTheFlash is the leader of the worldTheFlash is the leader of the worldTheFlash is the leader of the worldTheFlash is the leader of the worldTheFlash is the leader of the worldTheFlash is the leader of the worldTheFlash is the leader of the worldTheFlash is the leader of the worldTheFlash is the leader of the worldTheFlash is the leader of the world
Thanked 1,459 Times in 796 Posts
Groans: 3
Groaned at 33 Times in 30 Posts
Not Ranked  0 score     

Originally Posted by Zdraveca View Post
Hell yeah dfw is going bt crazy

All the better for me. I'm going to get a new summer tune for you ladies.

Sent while comparing belt buckles and guns and bragging about Bush n shit
Mikey (04-20-2015)
 Old 04-20-2015, 06:49 AM   #14

redneck4Christ is the leader of the worldredneck4Christ is the leader of the worldredneck4Christ is the leader of the worldredneck4Christ is the leader of the worldredneck4Christ is the leader of the worldredneck4Christ is the leader of the worldredneck4Christ is the leader of the worldredneck4Christ is the leader of the worldredneck4Christ is the leader of the worldredneck4Christ is the leader of the worldredneck4Christ is the leader of the world
Thanked 1,273 Times in 702 Posts
Groans: 23
Groaned at 5 Times in 5 Posts
Not Ranked  0 score     

Dang. Wish I could get out there to help. Good luck Anthony!

Originally Posted by TheFlash View Post
Sorry I couldn't make it out, I ran out of makeup so I didn't leave the house.
redneck4Christ is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to redneck4Christ For This Useful Post:
 Old 04-20-2015, 07:26 AM   #15
160k stock block

(Thread Starter)
Not Ranked  0 score     

Originally Posted by redneck4Christ View Post
Dang. Wish I could get out there to help. Good luck Anthony!
By the way, thanks for posting that info about liquid wrench. I picked it up instead of PB blaster and so far everything has come apart with relative ease. Only had 1 stud back out with the nut, but didn't even try parting them yet. @kevdog; you have any studs/nuts left over in case they won't come apart?

About to head back over now to start removing turbo. Any and all help is appreciated. I'll PM address to anyone that's shown interest in stopping by.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Cheapspeed For This Useful Post:
jack_hammer (04-20-2015), Mikey (04-20-2015)
 Old 04-20-2015, 07:39 AM   #16

Ziggo is the leader of the worldZiggo is the leader of the worldZiggo is the leader of the worldZiggo is the leader of the worldZiggo is the leader of the worldZiggo is the leader of the worldZiggo is the leader of the worldZiggo is the leader of the worldZiggo is the leader of the worldZiggo is the leader of the worldZiggo is the leader of the world
Thanked 10,231 Times in 2,731 Posts
Groans: 6
Groaned at 16 Times in 15 Posts
Not Ranked  0 score     

I have spare studs\nuts. At home today working on the miata so just let me know.
BC Coilovers (-2.5º F, -1º R) \ Saitek Front Endlinks \ SPC Rear Camber Arms \ Hotchkis FSB & RSB
JBR 88 Duro RMM TMM PMM \ COBB AP (Self Tuned) \ EGT \ Oil Pres \ Oil Temp \ DashHawk
Ziggo is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Ziggo For This Useful Post:
 Old 04-20-2015, 07:48 AM   #17

Mikey is the leader of the worldMikey is the leader of the worldMikey is the leader of the worldMikey is the leader of the worldMikey is the leader of the worldMikey is the leader of the worldMikey is the leader of the worldMikey is the leader of the worldMikey is the leader of the worldMikey is the leader of the worldMikey is the leader of the world
Thanked 1,029 Times in 630 Posts
Groans: 104
Groaned at 45 Times in 36 Posts
Not Ranked  0 score     

If I wasnt so far from you, you could of used my garage homie. It would of just taken a couple of day if took our sweet time. But looking forward to see how this comes out man.
Mikey is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Mikey For This Useful Post:
Cheapspeed (04-20-2015)
 Old 04-20-2015, 10:28 AM   #18

thepatient77 has a reputation beyond reputethepatient77 has a reputation beyond reputethepatient77 has a reputation beyond reputethepatient77 has a reputation beyond reputethepatient77 has a reputation beyond reputethepatient77 has a reputation beyond reputethepatient77 has a reputation beyond reputethepatient77 has a reputation beyond reputethepatient77 has a reputation beyond reputethepatient77 has a reputation beyond reputethepatient77 has a reputation beyond repute
Groans: 0
Groaned at 0 Times in 0 Posts
Not Ranked  0 score     

Good luck sir! Everyone and their BTs! Makes me wanna jump on and get one!
thepatient77 is offline   Reply With Quote
 Old 04-20-2015, 11:33 AM   #19

El Beaner is the leader of the worldEl Beaner is the leader of the worldEl Beaner is the leader of the worldEl Beaner is the leader of the worldEl Beaner is the leader of the worldEl Beaner is the leader of the worldEl Beaner is the leader of the worldEl Beaner is the leader of the worldEl Beaner is the leader of the worldEl Beaner is the leader of the worldEl Beaner is the leader of the world
Thanked 1,849 Times in 1,051 Posts
Groans: 10
Groaned at 15 Times in 15 Posts
Not Ranked  0 score     

Originally Posted by Cheapspeed View Post
By the way, thanks for posting that info about liquid wrench. I picked it up instead of PB blaster and so far everything has come apart with relative ease. Only had 1 stud back out with the nut, but didn't even try parting them yet. @kevdog; you have any studs/nuts left over in case they won't come apart?

About to head back over now to start removing turbo. Any and all help is appreciated. I'll PM address to anyone that's shown interest in stopping by.
There is a brand new stud/nut leftover from my downpipe install that I left over at Kevin's that you're welcome to. I bought 2 and only needed 1.

Styling Mods: Kevdog Tow Plate ~ RX-8 Wheels ~ LED interior lights ~ LED Fog Lights ~ LED Bumper Reflector ~ Corksport Battery Box ~ Corksport Mud Flaps ~ Maisonvi Knob ~ Blackvue Dr550gw-2ch ~ Passport 9500ix

Freektuned on Maize
El Beaner is online now   Reply With Quote
 Old 04-20-2015, 11:44 AM   #20
160k stock block

(Thread Starter)
Not Ranked  0 score     

I never get tired of the comparisons.

Thanks @kevdog; for letting me know the EM needs to come out.

In other news I don't see a single stud in the box. Going to try and take out the old ones. Not sure how I missed that.
kevdog and SamiChicago like this.
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Cheapspeed For This Useful Post:
jack_hammer (04-20-2015), kevdog (04-20-2015), redneck4Christ (04-22-2015), WhiTe_JeZebel (04-22-2015)
 Old 04-20-2015, 11:55 AM   #21

kevdog is the leader of the worldkevdog is the leader of the worldkevdog is the leader of the worldkevdog is the leader of the worldkevdog is the leader of the worldkevdog is the leader of the worldkevdog is the leader of the worldkevdog is the leader of the worldkevdog is the leader of the worldkevdog is the leader of the worldkevdog is the leader of the world
Groans: 4
Groaned at 15 Times in 14 Posts
Not Ranked  0 score     

i want to come over, but I have to work all day, get kids, and then get wife from airport. I'm tapped homie.
 Old 04-20-2015, 11:57 AM   #22

Mikey is the leader of the worldMikey is the leader of the worldMikey is the leader of the worldMikey is the leader of the worldMikey is the leader of the worldMikey is the leader of the worldMikey is the leader of the worldMikey is the leader of the worldMikey is the leader of the worldMikey is the leader of the worldMikey is the leader of the world
Thanked 1,029 Times in 630 Posts
Groans: 104
Groaned at 45 Times in 36 Posts
Not Ranked  0 score     

I have so blue vacuum hoses if you need some... Notice your westgate was blue.
Mikey is offline   Reply With Quote
 Old 04-20-2015, 01:01 PM   #23

Ziggo is the leader of the worldZiggo is the leader of the worldZiggo is the leader of the worldZiggo is the leader of the worldZiggo is the leader of the worldZiggo is the leader of the worldZiggo is the leader of the worldZiggo is the leader of the worldZiggo is the leader of the worldZiggo is the leader of the worldZiggo is the leader of the world
Thanked 10,231 Times in 2,731 Posts
Groans: 6
Groaned at 16 Times in 15 Posts
Not Ranked  0 score     

You trying to break my neck?
BC Coilovers (-2.5º F, -1º R) \ Saitek Front Endlinks \ SPC Rear Camber Arms \ Hotchkis FSB & RSB
JBR 88 Duro RMM TMM PMM \ COBB AP (Self Tuned) \ EGT \ Oil Pres \ Oil Temp \ DashHawk
Ziggo is offline   Reply With Quote
 Old 04-20-2015, 02:36 PM   #24
160k stock block

(Thread Starter)
Not Ranked  0 score     

Originally Posted by Ziggo View Post
You trying to break my neck?
Phone always posts sideways for some reason.

Here's another. Just enough in the 15' roll to cover the CAT and the dump tube but not the whole DP. Fuck it, it's better than it was.

The Following User Says Thank You to Cheapspeed For This Useful Post:
redneck4Christ (04-22-2015)
 Old 04-20-2015, 03:57 PM   #25
160k stock block

(Thread Starter)
Not Ranked  0 score     

Alright so I'm calling it quits, I'm mentally exhausted. Redline said he'd stop to help, then that he wouldn't be able to until around 5pm.

All I really got done today was removing the k04, and moving the old studs to the new turbo and disconnecting and starting the wrap on the DP. I probably wasted 2.5 hours trying to pull the k04 out the bottom.

Thought about trying to wrap the DP in place, but figured that wouldn't go well so I spent quite a bit of time removing those bolts to get it out.

@Zdraveca; could you stop by tomorrow? I really think I could use a 2nd pair of hands that know their way around wrenching a Speed. I'm not really pressed for time, but it's not my garage and I feel uncomfortable leaving it there for too long.
The Following User Says Thank You to Cheapspeed For This Useful Post:
Zdraveca (04-20-2015)
 Old 04-20-2015, 04:14 PM   #26

Not Ranked  0 score     

i will try Anthony, the girl child had pretty bad fever last night and ill see how work is going to be tomorrow but ill try my best to come help out!
E85 FREEKTUNE
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Zdraveca For This Useful Post:
 Old 04-20-2015, 05:32 PM   #27

kevdog is the leader of the worldkevdog is the leader of the worldkevdog is the leader of the worldkevdog is the leader of the worldkevdog is the leader of the worldkevdog is the leader of the worldkevdog is the leader of the worldkevdog is the leader of the worldkevdog is the leader of the worldkevdog is the leader of the worldkevdog is the leader of the world
Not Ranked  0 score     

I never get tired of the comparisons.

Thanks @kevdog; for letting me know the EM needs to come out.

In other news I don't see a single stud in the box. Going to try and take out the old ones. Not sure how I missed that.

Looking at the k04, did you pull the coolant feed hard line out with it?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
 Old 04-20-2015, 06:28 PM   #28
160k stock block

(Thread Starter)
Not Ranked  0 score     

Originally Posted by kevdog View Post
Looking at the k04, did you pull the coolant feed hard line out with it?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Yeah, probably. No big deal, I'll get it tomorrow. I was just trying to get it out as easily as possible.

I honestly would love input putting this thing back in. I don't find working by myself as enjoyable on a big project like this, but that's what I get for starting it on a Sunday night.

Didn't we have like 7 guys for @jbmazda6; 's downpipe? Even if it takes as long those were some good times.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Cheapspeed For This Useful Post:
doctavus (04-20-2015), kevdog (04-20-2015)
 Old 04-20-2015, 07:57 PM   #29

Not Ranked  0 score     

Yeah, probably. No big deal, I'll get it tomorrow. I was just trying to get it out as easily as possible.

I honestly would love input putting this thing back in. I don't find working by myself as enjoyable on a big project like this, but that's what I get for starting it on a Sunday night.

Didn't we have like 7 guys for @jbmazda6; 's downpipe? Even if it takes as long those were some good times.
today was a nightmare for me. When you came over for the stud I was between a ton of nightmare calls. I should have some time tomorrow afternoon if you want someone to hang out with / curse at.
 Old 04-20-2015, 09:29 PM   #30

doctavus is the leader of the worlddoctavus is the leader of the worlddoctavus is the leader of the worlddoctavus is the leader of the worlddoctavus is the leader of the worlddoctavus is the leader of the worlddoctavus is the leader of the worlddoctavus is the leader of the worlddoctavus is the leader of the worlddoctavus is the leader of the worlddoctavus is the leader of the world
Groans: 9
Groaned at 29 Times in 23 Posts
Not Ranked  0 score     

Cool you are able to get all that done by yourself so fast sir. I would love to help but work Monday-Friday 10a-7pm. It's more enjoyable with people around and extra wrench hands are super awesome too.

That turbo is a freaking monster
doctavus is offline   Reply With Quote
 Old 04-22-2015, 11:28 AM   #31
160k stock block

(Thread Starter)
Not Ranked  0 score     

@Ziggo; can I run the ewg like this? Using the top side air port instead if the top center air port to go to port 2 on my ebcs?

The oil drain line cuts across the top and I think I'm going to abandon the 90* piping and install directly to the hotside.
 Old 04-22-2015, 11:56 AM   #32

NCspecV81 is the leader of the worldNCspecV81 is the leader of the worldNCspecV81 is the leader of the worldNCspecV81 is the leader of the worldNCspecV81 is the leader of the worldNCspecV81 is the leader of the worldNCspecV81 is the leader of the worldNCspecV81 is the leader of the worldNCspecV81 is the leader of the worldNCspecV81 is the leader of the worldNCspecV81 is the leader of the world
Not Ranked  0 score     

@Ziggo; can I run the ewg like this? Using the top side air port instead if the top center air port to go to port 2 on my ebcs?

The oil drain line cuts across the top and I think I'm going to abandon the 90* piping and install directly to the hotside.
Only hose I run to mine is on the bottom side port. You can cap the top side port and leave the top one completely open if you want. or whatever works.

Old 04-22-2015, 12:03 PM   #33

Not Ranked  0 score     

Shit wrong thread...ignore me. *edit* I'm a doofus

Old 04-22-2015, 12:03 PM   #34
160k stock block

(Thread Starter)
Not Ranked  0 score     

Originally Posted by NCspecV81 View Post
Only hose I run to mine is on the bottom side port. You can cap the top side port and leave the top one completely open if you want. or whatever works.
I've read that but not sure what is best for reliability and tuneability. I have a couple diagrams cobbs recircs back to the ebcs others show venting to air. Just not sur is best for my setup.
 Old 04-22-2015, 12:05 PM   #35

Not Ranked  0 score     

I've read that but not sure what is best for reliability and tuneability. I have a couple diagrams cobbs recircs back to the ebcs others show venting to air. Just not sur is best for my setup.
I've had it setup both ways. I've had the ECBS going from port 1 to the top port of the EWG and I've had port 1 vta and the EWG vta. Both worked identically for me.

The Following User Says Thank You to NCspecV81 For This Useful Post:
Cheapspeed (04-22-2015)
 Old 04-22-2015, 02:31 PM   #36
160k stock block

(Thread Starter)
Not Ranked  0 score     

Progress is slow. Clocked top half of ewg so side port would clear. Had to remove oil drain from turbo to get vband on. DP is in place but not bolted. Have to tighten vband but it's in a tight spot and reattach oil drain. Otherwise, it'll clear without 90* elbow so that's nice. Then run all my vacuum lines. Need to go pick up a T fitting for 7/32" tubing.
kevdog likes this.
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Cheapspeed For This Useful Post:
kevdog (04-22-2015), Mikey (04-22-2015), redneck4Christ (04-22-2015), Zdraveca (04-22-2015)
 Old 04-22-2015, 02:48 PM   #37
160k stock block

(Thread Starter)
Not Ranked  0 score     

kevdog, Zdraveca, Mikey and 1 others like this.
The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Cheapspeed For This Useful Post:
Code Monkey (04-22-2015), doctavus (04-22-2015), kevdog (04-22-2015), Mikey (04-22-2015), redneck4Christ (04-22-2015), thepatient77 (04-22-2015), Zdraveca (04-22-2015)
 Old 04-22-2015, 04:25 PM   #38

Not Ranked  0 score     

im so jelly
E85 FREEKTUNE
kevdog (04-22-2015)
 Old 04-22-2015, 07:23 PM   #39
160k stock block

(Thread Starter)
Not Ranked  0 score     

I hate life right now.

Apparently I ordered a 4''-3'' coupler, instead of a 4''-3.5''...I can't even put the intake on...
 Old 04-22-2015, 07:34 PM   #40

Not Ranked  0 score     

Call topspeedpro1 in carrollton tomorrow see if they have any
E85 FREEKTUNE
Cheapspeed (04-22-2015)