register gallery

Go Back   Mazdaspeed Forums > Mazdaspeed Forums Sponsors > CorkSport

CorkSport To say that CorkSport is passionate about Mazda Performance is understatement. It is the essence of what we do. Our mission to offer unparalleled customer service and support, an uncompromising commitment to the community, and deliver top quality performance parts is demonstrated with each product we develop to help fulfill your vehicles performance potential. At CorkSport we believe it doesn’t have to come in a fancy package or be the most expensive product on the market to be the best.

Welcome to Mazdaspeed Forums .

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

*When you join MSF as a registered user, there will be No Ads.

*Registered Members get access to the Off Topic Area of the Forum

*Registered Members have an opportunity to upgrade their accounts to VIP, which brings a host of goddies for supporting MSF such as Raffles, Additional Forum Access, More PM Storage, The ability to upload more Images and many other enhancements.

*Registered members also get access to the live chat box!
Like Tree2Likes
  • 1 Post By Barett@CorkSport
  • 1 Post By MrMS3

Bookmark and Share LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
 Old 04-05-2017, 01:03 PM   #1
Approved MSF Vendor

Barett@CorkSport is the leader of the worldBarett@CorkSport is the leader of the worldBarett@CorkSport is the leader of the worldBarett@CorkSport is the leader of the worldBarett@CorkSport is the leader of the worldBarett@CorkSport is the leader of the worldBarett@CorkSport is the leader of the worldBarett@CorkSport is the leader of the worldBarett@CorkSport is the leader of the worldBarett@CorkSport is the leader of the worldBarett@CorkSport is the leader of the world
Groans: 1
Groaned at 0 Times in 0 Posts
(Thread Starter)
Neutral  +2 score     
Default Stage 2 RMM Release

I'm excited to share with you our new RMM for the Mazdaspeed 3!
We took a whole new approach to the design of the RMM and I have to admit, the results are stunning.
We have been running a couple prototype RMM's on a beta tester's car out of Idaho and on an employees car (Mr. White) for a little over 3 months now. NVH is surprisingly tame and feel is very solid.

Checkout the listing and video here:
https://corksport.com/mazdaspeed-3-s...ine-mount.html

We will release more info in a blog in a couple days. Enjoy!
If you guys or gals have any questions don't hesitate to ask or call Luke and Brett.
Attached Images
File Type: png Mazdaspeed-3-stage-II-mount-installed-2.png (1.29 MB, 69 views)
Db09ms3 likes this.
barett@corksport.com
360-260-2675

2009 MS3 with most of the CS goodies you can buy...and some you can't...
Barett@CorkSport is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Barett@CorkSport For This Useful Post:
[R]usty (04-05-2017)
 Old 04-07-2017, 11:59 PM   #2

mituc is the leader of the worldmituc is the leader of the worldmituc is the leader of the worldmituc is the leader of the worldmituc is the leader of the worldmituc is the leader of the worldmituc is the leader of the worldmituc is the leader of the worldmituc is the leader of the worldmituc is the leader of the worldmituc is the leader of the world
Thanked 2,107 Times in 1,215 Posts
Groans: 111
Groaned at 17 Times in 14 Posts
Not Ranked  0 score     

How's the NVH with this one compared to the race RMM with 80duro bushings?
Bilstein B12 + CS Camber plates + Eibach camber arms, SSR Type-F, Michelin PS4 225/40/R18, Cobb RMM, StopTech Street Pads + Stoptech Slotted disks, SouthBend Enduro Stage3 clutch, genpu TMM + CS Insert, TheSpeedLine 2X Rear Cross Floor and Rear Middle Lower Strut bars, Tanabe 4 Point Under Brace, Whiteline Bumpsteeer corection kit
JBR Tru-3" + CS CAI Box, SU TMIC, Cobb XLE, NGK LTR7IX, UR v3 catted DP and res&catted TP, Cobb CatBack, GS EBCS, Autotech internals, GTX3071, CS 3.5BAR, Guardian Angel, CoolingMist WMI, VCTS Delete, stock ported IM
SP63 87.5mm 4032 9.5:1 pistons, Manley rods, CA625+ head studs, Clevite AL main bearings, King rod bearings, CP-e safe seals, DCR VVT, Koyorad radiator.
StratiVersaTuned FTW to 28PSI, self-tuned to 32PSI

2008 Icy Blue Mazda CX7 6 Speed Manual
SU TMIC, Autotech HPFP internals, Cobb XLE, Cobb EBCS
GTX2867R gen2, stock spark plugs, stock intake, stock cats and stock exhaust FTW
self-Versatuned to 22PSI
mituc is offline   Reply With Quote
 Old 04-08-2017, 08:53 PM   #3

HarambeSpeed3 is a jewel in the roughHarambeSpeed3 is a jewel in the roughHarambeSpeed3 is a jewel in the roughHarambeSpeed3 is a jewel in the rough
Groans: 0
Groaned at 1 Time in 1 Post
Not Ranked  0 score     

Awesome!! Definitely excited to get this replacement.
HarambeSpeed3 is offline   Reply With Quote
 Old 04-09-2017, 06:14 AM   #4

Tibby0323 is a jewel in the roughTibby0323 is a jewel in the roughTibby0323 is a jewel in the roughTibby0323 is a jewel in the rough
Not Ranked  0 score     

Damn I just received my damond rmm... Wish I would've saw this one before
Tibby0323 is offline   Reply With Quote
 Old 05-03-2017, 01:25 PM   #5

MrMS3 is a jewel in the roughMrMS3 is a jewel in the roughMrMS3 is a jewel in the rough
Not Ranked  0 score     

I'm tempted to try this out...Looks pretty solid in the video.
 Old 05-04-2017, 06:58 AM   #6

APEXistud is a name known to allAPEXistud is a name known to allAPEXistud is a name known to allAPEXistud is a name known to allAPEXistud is a name known to allAPEXistud is a name known to all
Not Ranked  0 score     

Nice! I love the "Because Torque Steer" quote too. Great job Corksport! I've been a fan of you guys since I had my Yellow MP3 back in 01.
 Old 05-08-2017, 10:48 AM   #7

MrMS3 is a jewel in the roughMrMS3 is a jewel in the roughMrMS3 is a jewel in the rough
Not Ranked  0 score     

Just ordered the Stage 2 RMM. I'll share my review of the install and performance once I receive it.

Thanks CS!
 Old 05-08-2017, 11:49 PM   #8

mituc is the leader of the worldmituc is the leader of the worldmituc is the leader of the worldmituc is the leader of the worldmituc is the leader of the worldmituc is the leader of the worldmituc is the leader of the worldmituc is the leader of the worldmituc is the leader of the worldmituc is the leader of the worldmituc is the leader of the world
Thanked 2,107 Times in 1,215 Posts
Groans: 111
Groaned at 17 Times in 14 Posts
Not Ranked  0 score     

Originally Posted by MrMS3 View Post
Just ordered the Stage 2 RMM. I'll share my review of the install and performance once I receive it.
What are you using now?
Bilstein B12 + CS Camber plates + Eibach camber arms, SSR Type-F, Michelin PS4 225/40/R18, Cobb RMM, StopTech Street Pads + Stoptech Slotted disks, SouthBend Enduro Stage3 clutch, genpu TMM + CS Insert, TheSpeedLine 2X Rear Cross Floor and Rear Middle Lower Strut bars, Tanabe 4 Point Under Brace, Whiteline Bumpsteeer corection kit
JBR Tru-3" + CS CAI Box, SU TMIC, Cobb XLE, NGK LTR7IX, UR v3 catted DP and res&catted TP, Cobb CatBack, GS EBCS, Autotech internals, GTX3071, CS 3.5BAR, Guardian Angel, CoolingMist WMI, VCTS Delete, stock ported IM
SP63 87.5mm 4032 9.5:1 pistons, Manley rods, CA625+ head studs, Clevite AL main bearings, King rod bearings, CP-e safe seals, DCR VVT, Koyorad radiator.
StratiVersaTuned FTW to 28PSI, self-tuned to 32PSI

2008 Icy Blue Mazda CX7 6 Speed Manual
SU TMIC, Autotech HPFP internals, Cobb XLE, Cobb EBCS
GTX2867R gen2, stock spark plugs, stock intake, stock cats and stock exhaust FTW
self-Versatuned to 22PSI
mituc is offline   Reply With Quote
 Old 05-09-2017, 05:15 AM   #9

Not Ranked  0 score     

Originally Posted by mituc View Post
What are you using now?
Stock, this will be the first RMM for my 13' genpu. So unfortunately, I won't be able to compare it firsthand to other ones. From what I'm told, the nvh is very minimal and uses 95A polyurethane bushings. Cant wait to see how this new design works out.
CorkSport likes this.
 Old 05-17-2017, 08:08 AM   #10

Not Ranked  0 score     

Here's my initial review:

Just installed the Stage 2 RMM last night. First off, this RMM definitely reduces torque steer and I noticed the significant difference after a few hard pulls from 2nd. I have yet to go WOT from 1st gear but I can tell the steering wheel stays straight now and does not want to pull like it used when I had the stock RMM.

This being my first aftermarket RMM, the NVH was noticeable and my MS3 has a different feel to it. I was not sure how I felt about it at first last night but after driving to work this morning its already growing on me. I would say noise is the most noticeable, there's some added harshness, and vibration is really minimal.

Install was easy. I have included a photo of the five pieces of RMM hardware from CorkSport and the tools required for install. CorkSport also includes step-by-step instructions in the package so just follow that.

Some recommendations I have for the install:

It's easier to use a 1/2 in. drive ratchet, torque wrench and sockets rather than 3/8 in. in my opinion, especially if you're cramped under your car using jack stands. Also, I had to make a trip to a few different hardware stores (Sears, Advance, and finally O'Reilly) to find a 23mm socket which they only had in a 1/2in drive. For some reason, tool brands like to skip from 22mm to 24mm.

When bolting down the Brace Bar, you'll need to work in the bolts on both sides as its a snug fit and keep the bolts really lose until their both in place. I found it easier to get the 23mm bolt started first through the mounting plate, pull the brace bar toward the front of the car and then get the rear 17mm bolt in (opposite of the paper instructions provided).

Overall, I am satisfied so far with the reduced torque steer and smooth shifts. WOT test to come.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_0188.JPG (1.69 MB, 24 views)
File Type: jpg FullSizeRender.jpg (2.16 MB, 22 views)
CA_MS3 (03-14-2018)
 Old 03-13-2018, 09:35 PM   #11

CA_MS3 has a spectacular aura aboutCA_MS3 has a spectacular aura about
Not Ranked  0 score     

Any updates on the CS Stage 2 RMM?
Did NVH go down after a break-in period?
CA_MS3 is offline   Reply With Quote
 Old 03-14-2018, 06:44 AM   #12

sharksinspace is the leader of the worldsharksinspace is the leader of the worldsharksinspace is the leader of the worldsharksinspace is the leader of the worldsharksinspace is the leader of the worldsharksinspace is the leader of the worldsharksinspace is the leader of the worldsharksinspace is the leader of the worldsharksinspace is the leader of the worldsharksinspace is the leader of the worldsharksinspace is the leader of the world
Groans: 121
Groaned at 9 Times in 8 Posts
Not Ranked  0 score     

I run it. I like it. Engine feels a lot more stable compared to the basic CS RMM that it replaced.
Bilstein B8; Swift Springs; JBR STS; Enkei RPF1 17x9 +45
PD by Will
sharksinspace is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to sharksinspace For This Useful Post:
CA_MS3 (03-14-2018)
 Old 03-14-2018, 02:39 PM   #13

CA_MS3 has a spectacular aura aboutCA_MS3 has a spectacular aura about
Not Ranked  0 score     

Originally Posted by sharksinspace View Post
I run it. I like it. Engine feels a lot more stable compared to the basic CS RMM that it replaced.
Thanks for the feedback. Can you perchance compare it with the CPE "Stage 2" RMM? I tried the latter for ~300miles and found the NVH unbearable. Specifically, road noise increased and several vibration modes excited interior parts (dash and rear view mirror) from idle to 4500rpm. I appreciated the direct, planted behavior, but for a daily driver NVH is a big deal.
CA_MS3 is offline   Reply With Quote
 Old 03-14-2018, 04:22 PM   #14

sharksinspace is the leader of the worldsharksinspace is the leader of the worldsharksinspace is the leader of the worldsharksinspace is the leader of the worldsharksinspace is the leader of the worldsharksinspace is the leader of the worldsharksinspace is the leader of the worldsharksinspace is the leader of the worldsharksinspace is the leader of the worldsharksinspace is the leader of the worldsharksinspace is the leader of the world
Groans: 121
Groaned at 9 Times in 8 Posts
Not Ranked  0 score     

No experience with the CPe mount; sorry. NVH did increase over the standard CS mount but I don't notice it much after break in and acclimation. I also have DM PMM/TMM so i def got the vibes in my car, anyway. Car is my DD.

Honestly, I'd give it more than 300 miles before pulling a amount; some of them take a bit to break in and who knows, maybe you'll just get used to it and appreciate the performance value over NVH issues.
Bilstein B8; Swift Springs; JBR STS; Enkei RPF1 17x9 +45
PD by Will
sharksinspace is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to sharksinspace For This Useful Post:
CA_MS3 (03-14-2018)
 Old 03-24-2018, 06:58 PM   #15

Not Ranked  0 score     

Here’s my 10 month review of the CS Stage 2 RMM. It’s awesome. After the intial install, NVH was of course noticeable but it settled down within the first couple of weeks and from then on I’ve hardly noticed it. Shifting became a lot smoother, especially from 1st and at WOT. From what I can tell Torque steer decreased as well. It’s really a great RMM and is holding up really well. No complaints. I would recommend this to anyone looking for a better driving experience.

✌��
CA_MS3 (03-25-2018)