register gallery

Go Back   Mazdaspeed Forums >
MAZDASPEED SECTION
>
Mazdaspeed 3/6 MZR Gen1 Forums (2006-2009)
> Mazdaspeed3/6 General Discussion

Welcome to Mazdaspeed Forums .

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

*When you join MSF as a registered user, there will be No Ads.

*Registered Members get access to the Off Topic Area of the Forum

*Registered Members have an opportunity to upgrade their accounts to VIP, which brings a host of goddies for supporting MSF such as Raffles, Additional Forum Access, More PM Storage, The ability to upload more Images and many other enhancements.

*Registered members also get access to the live chat box!

Bookmark and Share LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
 Old 01-11-2017, 09:17 PM   #1

Tuff Gong has much to be proud ofTuff Gong has much to be proud ofTuff Gong has much to be proud ofTuff Gong has much to be proud ofTuff Gong has much to be proud ofTuff Gong has much to be proud ofTuff Gong has much to be proud ofTuff Gong has much to be proud ofTuff Gong has much to be proud of
Groans: 0
Groaned at 6 Times in 5 Posts
(Thread Starter)
Not Ranked  0 score     
Default Bnr4 vs corksport turbo

Hey guys so I'm torn on Which is the better turbo in terms of ease install and overall quality, only looking to put down about 380whp since I don't pan to build internal and want my engine to last. Since I think both of these can reach that goal easily what would you guys say is the pros and cons of both...... So far my only pro to the corksport is that it will still fit my 2.5in intake, so what do you guys think

Tuff Gong is online now   Reply With Quote
 Old 01-11-2017, 09:28 PM   #2

Fstrnyou has a reputation beyond reputeFstrnyou has a reputation beyond reputeFstrnyou has a reputation beyond reputeFstrnyou has a reputation beyond reputeFstrnyou has a reputation beyond reputeFstrnyou has a reputation beyond reputeFstrnyou has a reputation beyond reputeFstrnyou has a reputation beyond reputeFstrnyou has a reputation beyond reputeFstrnyou has a reputation beyond reputeFstrnyou has a reputation beyond repute
Groaned at 3 Times in 2 Posts
Not Ranked  0 score     

My opinion, lower your goals a bit since you're a speed 6. I'm shooting for 350whp.
2nd: you shouldn't pick a turbo based on whether it fits your current intake or not. That's like buying a queen size bed because you already have the sheets, when deep down you really want the king.

My pick is Corksport. But I have read about boost creep issues with high flow intakes and exhausts. Might not have that problem with BNR.
2004 Olds Alero 2.2 - Broken for the past 12 months
1988 RX-7 TII - Sold (Megasquirt, streetport, custom SRI, custom TBE, 20psi, OE turbo, OE TMIC on ice, 13.467 @ 105.44)
1985 Camaro - Sold (150hp 5.0 slow -> 265hp 5.7 swap w/ Edelbrock intake & Hooker headers...not as slow)
Fstrnyou is offline   Reply With Quote
 Old 01-11-2017, 09:57 PM   #3

Tuff Gong has much to be proud ofTuff Gong has much to be proud ofTuff Gong has much to be proud ofTuff Gong has much to be proud ofTuff Gong has much to be proud ofTuff Gong has much to be proud ofTuff Gong has much to be proud ofTuff Gong has much to be proud ofTuff Gong has much to be proud of
Groaned at 6 Times in 5 Posts
(Thread Starter)
Not Ranked  0 score     

Originally Posted by Fstrnyou View Post
My opinion, lower your goals a bit since you're a speed 6. I'm shooting for 350whp.
2nd: you shouldn't pick a turbo based on whether it fits your current intake or not. That's like buying a queen size bed because you already have the sheets, when deep down you really want the king.

My pick is Corksport. But I have read about boost creep issues with high flow intakes and exhausts. Might not have that problem with BNR.
Lol it was mainly because I figured that with that turbo the 3 inch intake wouldn't be a must to make that power figure. I see what you saying about the power tho since its a speed 6, Geez I feel like I would crush my spirits if I dynod her at this current set up.

Also heard about ppl having problems with boostcreep when they first came out @CorkSport; has there been any revisions or anything to remedy this.

Tuff Gong is online now   Reply With Quote
 Old 01-11-2017, 10:24 PM   #4

tegxsi is the leader of the worldtegxsi is the leader of the worldtegxsi is the leader of the worldtegxsi is the leader of the worldtegxsi is the leader of the worldtegxsi is the leader of the worldtegxsi is the leader of the worldtegxsi is the leader of the worldtegxsi is the leader of the worldtegxsi is the leader of the worldtegxsi is the leader of the world
Groans: 39
Groaned at 0 Times in 0 Posts
Not Ranked  0 score     

CS still creeps...more than I expected on a stock DP but still safe.

2007 TSX 6MT
tegxsi is online now   Reply With Quote
 Old 01-12-2017, 08:27 AM   #5

dale_gribble is the leader of the worlddale_gribble is the leader of the worlddale_gribble is the leader of the worlddale_gribble is the leader of the worlddale_gribble is the leader of the worlddale_gribble is the leader of the worlddale_gribble is the leader of the worlddale_gribble is the leader of the worlddale_gribble is the leader of the worlddale_gribble is the leader of the worlddale_gribble is the leader of the world
Thanked 10,426 Times in 2,866 Posts
Groans: 12
Groaned at 24 Times in 21 Posts
Not Ranked  0 score     

BNR S4. I guess the S4 v2 if it's coming out soon. Listen, you don't want to get a turbo where the turbo still has to get to the edge of its efficiency/high boost to hit your power goals. Get a higher flowing turbo that makes the same airflow at lower boost.

The S4 is still spooled around 3600, so it's comparable to the CS, and it flows more. I have a BNR S3 and I'll be swapping in an S4 soon. S3 is fine, but I don't like boosting to 26-27psi with higher BATs to hit my flow/power goals.

Considering the boost creep issues I read about on CS, it's kind of a no brainer to me.
BILSTEIN - H&R SPRINGS - 18x8.5 +48 ROTA SVN - 265/35R18 HTR ZIII
MINI H1 6.0 - CAR LED TAILS

SEE MORE USING !SHOUTTAG.COM - ENTER: !6SPEED6
dale_gribble is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to dale_gribble For This Useful Post:
ChaunceyM (01-12-2017), Thor Hammer (01-16-2017), WAMBUSHHHH! (01-12-2017)
 Old 01-16-2017, 04:10 PM   #6
Approved MSF Vendor

CorkSport is the leader of the worldCorkSport is the leader of the worldCorkSport is the leader of the worldCorkSport is the leader of the worldCorkSport is the leader of the worldCorkSport is the leader of the worldCorkSport is the leader of the worldCorkSport is the leader of the worldCorkSport is the leader of the worldCorkSport is the leader of the worldCorkSport is the leader of the world
Thanked 5,202 Times in 1,394 Posts
Groans: 2
Groaned at 28 Times in 16 Posts
Not Ranked  0 score     

There have been changes made to the turbos since they have release initially.

-Derrick

CorkSport is offline   Reply With Quote
 Old 01-16-2017, 06:05 PM   #7

Thor Hammer is the leader of the worldThor Hammer is the leader of the worldThor Hammer is the leader of the worldThor Hammer is the leader of the worldThor Hammer is the leader of the worldThor Hammer is the leader of the worldThor Hammer is the leader of the worldThor Hammer is the leader of the worldThor Hammer is the leader of the worldThor Hammer is the leader of the worldThor Hammer is the leader of the world
Groans: 15
Groaned at 1 Time in 1 Post
Not Ranked  0 score     

BNR S4 V2 FTW!
2007 MS6- H&R Coilovers/ C-PE Catted DP/Corksport HPFP Internals/ AEM CAI/ ETS TMIC/ CPE Austenite Dual CBE/ CPE TIH/ Synapse Synchronic/ Freektuned/ AP Short Shifter/ AWR RMM and OEM TMM with CS Inserts/ Southbend Stage 2 Endurance/Stop Tech Slotted Rear and DBA T3 4000 Series Front with EBC Reds/CPE xFlex Rear Diff Mount/ Whiteline Rear Sway Bar/DSS Level 2.9 Rear Axles

Waiting for Install: Damond OCC/ CS Injector Seals/ WMI/ Torque Solutions Shifter base bushings
Thor Hammer is offline   Reply With Quote