register gallery

Go Back   Mazdaspeed Forums >
MAZDASPEED SECTION
>
Mazdaspeed 3/6 MZR Gen1 Forums (2006-2009)
> Mazdaspeed3/6 General Discussion

Welcome to Mazdaspeed Forums .

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

*When you join MSF as a registered user, there will be No Ads.

*Registered Members get access to the Off Topic Area of the Forum

*Registered Members have an opportunity to upgrade their accounts to VIP, which brings a host of goddies for supporting MSF such as Raffles, Additional Forum Access, More PM Storage, The ability to upload more Images and many other enhancements.

*Registered members also get access to the live chat box!

Bookmark and Share LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
 Old 12-13-2011, 06:58 AM   #1

ufboostedgator has a brilliant futureufboostedgator has a brilliant futureufboostedgator has a brilliant futureufboostedgator has a brilliant futureufboostedgator has a brilliant futureufboostedgator has a brilliant futureufboostedgator has a brilliant futureufboostedgator has a brilliant futureufboostedgator has a brilliant futureufboostedgator has a brilliant futureufboostedgator has a brilliant future
Groans: 0
Groaned at 0 Times in 0 Posts
(Thread Starter)
Not Ranked  0 score     
Default Click Click in reverse

Before I get flamed, I did search around and have come up with some answers but I am still curious. Every time I am backing out of a parking spot, I get a 2 clicks from the front. Now, it won't do it if you back straight up only if backing up while turning. It also won't click going forward from reverse. Say I back into my spot and then leave, it is smooth. It reminds me of my 4wd truck with auto hubs. When you put it back into 2wd from 4wd, I have to back up about 15 feet until it unlocks the hubs with a distinctive click click then it's good to go. Could it be my LSD that is clicking or does it sound like the CV axles. I read that tightening your axle nut could potentially solve the issue as can greasing everything but before I break down and do it, I want to make sure I am not wasting my time. How often do you have to rebuild the LSD/do you have to on these cars? I am sitting just over 96K miles and I figure it is about that time for an overhaul/go over everything just seeing where I should start. Thanks for the input.

~Matt
Turbosmart BPV
HKS Hi-Flo exhaust
Greddy Ti-C Muffler
Autotech FP Internals
BNR Stg. 2 Turbo
Grimmspeed EBCS (3 Port Mode)
Cobb AP
Spec Stg. 3+ Clutch
Street Unit RMM
Custom Tune by boost_creep
Eibach Pro-Kit Springs
Tenzo-R DC 6's
ufboostedgator is offline   Reply With Quote
 Old 12-13-2011, 07:03 AM   #2

Rokusek is the leader of the worldRokusek is the leader of the worldRokusek is the leader of the worldRokusek is the leader of the worldRokusek is the leader of the worldRokusek is the leader of the worldRokusek is the leader of the worldRokusek is the leader of the worldRokusek is the leader of the worldRokusek is the leader of the worldRokusek is the leader of the world
Thanked 7,594 Times in 2,498 Posts
Groans: 101
Groaned at 50 Times in 41 Posts
Not Ranked  0 score     

Can you make a video with the sound that your hearing? might help us out in determining what the issue might be

Originally Posted by Raider View Post
The only guy here getting away with giving his car a name...
Daily: Evelyn (Eve), 04 4Motion 6Speed VW Passat W8
Sold to @yourstruly; : Isabella (Izzy), 06 MS6 GT with Navigation #1271
Sold to @downmented; : Audrey, 95 Miata
Totaled: Vivian (Viv), 07 MS3 bolted and built, brutally murdered by a texting driver
Rokusek is offline   Reply With Quote
 Old 12-13-2011, 07:06 AM   #3

ufboostedgator has a brilliant futureufboostedgator has a brilliant futureufboostedgator has a brilliant futureufboostedgator has a brilliant futureufboostedgator has a brilliant futureufboostedgator has a brilliant futureufboostedgator has a brilliant futureufboostedgator has a brilliant futureufboostedgator has a brilliant futureufboostedgator has a brilliant futureufboostedgator has a brilliant future
Groans: 0
Groaned at 0 Times in 0 Posts
(Thread Starter)
Not Ranked  0 score     

Yes, I definitely can after I get off of work. I rode my motorcycle today so I will have to wait until I get home and go from there. I only question the CV axles because it does not seem to come from any particular side, just clicks in general.
Turbosmart BPV
HKS Hi-Flo exhaust
Greddy Ti-C Muffler
Autotech FP Internals
BNR Stg. 2 Turbo
Grimmspeed EBCS (3 Port Mode)
Cobb AP
Spec Stg. 3+ Clutch
Street Unit RMM
Custom Tune by boost_creep
Eibach Pro-Kit Springs
Tenzo-R DC 6's
ufboostedgator is offline   Reply With Quote
 Old 12-13-2011, 07:09 AM   #4

Rokusek is the leader of the worldRokusek is the leader of the worldRokusek is the leader of the worldRokusek is the leader of the worldRokusek is the leader of the worldRokusek is the leader of the worldRokusek is the leader of the worldRokusek is the leader of the worldRokusek is the leader of the worldRokusek is the leader of the worldRokusek is the leader of the world
Thanked 7,594 Times in 2,498 Posts
Groans: 101
Groaned at 50 Times in 41 Posts
Not Ranked  0 score     

hmm... yea post a video inside and outside the car if you can

Originally Posted by Raider View Post
The only guy here getting away with giving his car a name...
Daily: Evelyn (Eve), 04 4Motion 6Speed VW Passat W8
Sold to @yourstruly; : Isabella (Izzy), 06 MS6 GT with Navigation #1271
Sold to @downmented; : Audrey, 95 Miata
Totaled: Vivian (Viv), 07 MS3 bolted and built, brutally murdered by a texting driver
Rokusek is offline   Reply With Quote
 Old 12-13-2011, 07:13 AM   #5

IshiKage is the leader of the worldIshiKage is the leader of the worldIshiKage is the leader of the worldIshiKage is the leader of the worldIshiKage is the leader of the worldIshiKage is the leader of the worldIshiKage is the leader of the worldIshiKage is the leader of the worldIshiKage is the leader of the worldIshiKage is the leader of the worldIshiKage is the leader of the world
Thanked 4,010 Times in 1,854 Posts
Groans: 278
Groaned at 533 Times in 425 Posts
Not Ranked  0 score     

its normal. look through Rodrigos posts, he made a thread on this