register gallery

Go Back   Mazdaspeed Forums >
MAZDASPEED SECTION
>
Mazdaspeed 3/6 MZR Gen1 Forums (2006-2009)
> Mazdaspeed3/6 General Discussion

Welcome to Mazdaspeed Forums .

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

*When you join MSF as a registered user, there will be No Ads.

*Registered Members get access to the Off Topic Area of the Forum

*Registered Members have an opportunity to upgrade their accounts to VIP, which brings a host of goddies for supporting MSF such as Raffles, Additional Forum Access, More PM Storage, The ability to upload more Images and many other enhancements.

*Registered members also get access to the live chat box!

Bookmark and Share LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
 Old 04-08-2011, 07:05 AM   #1

WTEngr has a reputation beyond reputeWTEngr has a reputation beyond reputeWTEngr has a reputation beyond reputeWTEngr has a reputation beyond reputeWTEngr has a reputation beyond reputeWTEngr has a reputation beyond reputeWTEngr has a reputation beyond reputeWTEngr has a reputation beyond reputeWTEngr has a reputation beyond reputeWTEngr has a reputation beyond reputeWTEngr has a reputation beyond repute
Groans: 1
Groaned at 0 Times in 0 Posts
(Thread Starter)
Not Ranked  0 score     
Default Cobb TIP vs Sure TIP

Hey all!! Happy f-ckin Friday.
Well i have had the speed3 for 2 weeks now and its time to buy some parts. The car currently has a CAI installed and I am looking at a TIP. I was wondering which TIP you all have and which I should get. Yes I tried the search button and struck out. They all look the same and probably perform the same, but being a noob to this car, I am once again looking to the experts.
WTEngr is offline   Reply With Quote
 Old 04-08-2011, 07:10 AM   #2

speedms6 is the leader of the worldspeedms6 is the leader of the worldspeedms6 is the leader of the worldspeedms6 is the leader of the worldspeedms6 is the leader of the worldspeedms6 is the leader of the worldspeedms6 is the leader of the worldspeedms6 is the leader of the worldspeedms6 is the leader of the worldspeedms6 is the leader of the worldspeedms6 is the leader of the world
Groans: 12
Groaned at 4 Times in 4 Posts
Not Ranked  0 score     

they're pretty much the same thing, which ever one you want, wont make a difference
2007 Mazdaspeed 6 - Ptp SST, Cobb AP, SSP 3.5" Intake, SURE Sidewinder, Autotech HPFP Internals, PTP 2150 psi HPRV, Cp-e Injector Seals, PTP Injector Studs, Jbarone TIG's, VTCS Delete, ETS 3.25" TMIC, M2 Catless Downpipe, Magnaflow Catback Exhaust, MD OCC, Denso ITV 22, H & R springs, Energy Suspension Rear Sway Bar Bushings, Dashhawk, Hawk HPs Pads, Centric Rotors, Street Unit Rear Motor Mount, TWM Stage II Shifter with Solid Bushings and Weighted Shift Knob, Autometer Mechanical Boost Gauge
speedms6 is offline   Reply With Quote
 Old 04-08-2011, 07:10 AM   #3

MS3inDC is the leader of the worldMS3inDC is the leader of the worldMS3inDC is the leader of the worldMS3inDC is the leader of the worldMS3inDC is the leader of the worldMS3inDC is the leader of the worldMS3inDC is the leader of the worldMS3inDC is the leader of the worldMS3inDC is the leader of the worldMS3inDC is the leader of the worldMS3inDC is the leader of the world
Thanked 3,627 Times in 1,399 Posts
Groans: 29
Groaned at 56 Times in 37 Posts
Not Ranked  0 score     

I love my f-cking tip.

And I f-cking love self censored posts

cobb ap v3 // RICHTUNE // autotech fpi // sp63 afc // cp-e nano // htp tip // nator dc fmic // nator dc PnP intake mani // hks ssqv *vta* // cs dp // su tp
jbr rmm(88duro) // jbr pmm(80duro) // cpe tm(75duro) // act 6-puck // act streetlite fw // jbr egr delete // md occ // sure ssb // nator dc sts // jbr hw shift knob
ebc red // rx-8s wrapped in conti dws 235/40s (winter) evo Xs wrapped in conti dw 235/40s (summer) www.sonictuning.com

311 whp - 345 lb/ft : Dynojet @ Moore Automotive *93 pump [4/13/13 MNM]
12.94 @ 109.00 @ Capitol Raceway *18' ASL [11/07/14]
Originally Posted by CWP_MS3 View Post
I would wear a pink unicorn shirt, and still call someone a faggot. Since when did MSFers begin to give fucks?...
MS3inDC is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to MS3inDC For This Useful Post:
WTEngr (04-08-2011)
 Old 04-08-2011, 07:12 AM   #4

I Love Brownies is the leader of the worldI Love Brownies is the leader of the worldI Love Brownies is the leader of the worldI Love Brownies is the leader of the worldI Love Brownies is the leader of the worldI Love Brownies is the leader of the worldI Love Brownies is the leader of the worldI Love Brownies is the leader of the worldI Love Brownies is the leader of the worldI Love Brownies is the leader of the worldI Love Brownies is the leader of the world
Thanked 5,156 Times in 2,461 Posts
Groans: 371
Groaned at 62 Times in 39 Posts
Not Ranked  0 score     

i use my tip to penetrate womens buttholes
I Love Brownies is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to I Love Brownies For This Useful Post:
emag remrofni (07-22-2011), Ex_WRX_driver (04-08-2011), frivolous_rob (04-08-2011), Harry Warden (07-22-2011), i8urgti (04-09-2011), jo.jacques (04-08-2011), karl-hungus (04-08-2011), TexasSpeed3 (07-23-2011), turd burglar (04-09-2011), WTEngr (04-08-2011)
 Old 04-08-2011, 07:15 AM   #5

MS3inDC is the leader of the worldMS3inDC is the leader of the worldMS3inDC is the leader of the worldMS3inDC is the leader of the worldMS3inDC is the leader of the worldMS3inDC is the leader of the worldMS3inDC is the leader of the worldMS3inDC is the leader of the worldMS3inDC is the leader of the worldMS3inDC is the leader of the worldMS3inDC is the leader of the world
Not Ranked  0 score     

Sure = Cobb = cp-e.
Aforementioned > Protege Garage or Cork Sport.

But if you're gonna go cheap, go Cork Sport.

Biggest difference between them is insulation... (Sure/Cobb/cp-e vs. PG/CS)

All in all, anything is better than stock.

None will improve power, so don't ask... They all flow better (smoother) than stock

cobb ap v3 // RICHTUNE // autotech fpi // sp63 afc // cp-e nano // htp tip // nator dc fmic // nator dc PnP intake mani // hks ssqv *vta* // cs dp // su tp
jbr rmm(88duro) // jbr pmm(80duro) // cpe tm(75duro) // act 6-puck // act streetlite fw // jbr egr delete // md occ // sure ssb // nator dc sts // jbr hw shift knob
ebc red // rx-8s wrapped in conti dws 235/40s (winter) evo Xs wrapped in conti dw 235/40s (summer) www.sonictuning.com

I would wear a pink unicorn shirt, and still call someone a faggot. Since when did MSFers begin to give fucks?...
 Old 04-08-2011, 07:16 AM   #6
patrick failman

karl-hungus is the leader of the worldkarl-hungus is the leader of the worldkarl-hungus is the leader of the worldkarl-hungus is the leader of the worldkarl-hungus is the leader of the worldkarl-hungus is the leader of the worldkarl-hungus is the leader of the worldkarl-hungus is the leader of the worldkarl-hungus is the leader of the worldkarl-hungus is the leader of the worldkarl-hungus is the leader of the world
Thanked 5,434 Times in 2,185 Posts
Groans: 74
Groaned at 55 Times in 47 Posts
Not Ranked  0 score     

i like how sure has a name for its tip.

2012 ingot silver mustang gt w/ 6 speed, 3.73 rear end, bama 93 tune, cat deletes, boss 302 oil cooler, roush cai, dynotech aluminum driveshaft, ford racing strut tower brace, dampers & springs, boss 302 sway bars, gt500 strut mounts, lower control arms & axle backs, j&m adjustable panhard bar, steeda upper control arm & 3 point braces, jlt catch can, barton short shifter & shift bracket
karl-hungus is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to karl-hungus For This Useful Post:
breakfstincluded (08-16-2011), ELiTeNeSs (04-08-2011), I Love Brownies (04-08-2011), ScarMS3 (04-08-2011)
 Old 04-08-2011, 07:30 AM   #7

dizzydtrain is the leader of the worlddizzydtrain is the leader of the worlddizzydtrain is the leader of the worlddizzydtrain is the leader of the worlddizzydtrain is the leader of the worlddizzydtrain is the leader of the worlddizzydtrain is the leader of the worlddizzydtrain is the leader of the worlddizzydtrain is the leader of the worlddizzydtrain is the leader of the worlddizzydtrain is the leader of the world
Thanked 2,576 Times in 955 Posts
Groans: 64
Groaned at 13 Times in 13 Posts
Not Ranked  0 score     

Save your money and get a RMM.
Cp-e HPFP : JBR 80duro RMM : JBR Special Edition Heavy Shift Knob : JBR EGR Delete : Matt Damond OCC kit : Cobb AP : Cobb DP : Cobb BPV XLE : ETS TMIC : CP-e SRI : Cp-e TIP : Magnaflow CBE : Aeroforce Interceptor Dual Gauge : Blockhead vent pod :PERM Tuned : H&R Springs : TSW Nurburgring 18x8.5 w/ 235/45 Hankook Ventus V12 Evo : DDM 6000k Lows : DDM 3000k Fogs : Corksport LED light kit : 3M 35% color stable tint
dizzydtrain is offline   Reply With Quote
 Old 04-08-2011, 07:33 AM   #8

Not Ranked  0 score     

Originally Posted by dizzydtrain View Post
Save your money and get a RMM.
+1

With minimal bolt-ons this is a better way to go

Old 04-08-2011, 07:42 AM   #9

Silver Ecstasy is the leader of the worldSilver Ecstasy is the leader of the worldSilver Ecstasy is the leader of the worldSilver Ecstasy is the leader of the worldSilver Ecstasy is the leader of the worldSilver Ecstasy is the leader of the worldSilver Ecstasy is the leader of the worldSilver Ecstasy is the leader of the worldSilver Ecstasy is the leader of the worldSilver Ecstasy is the leader of the worldSilver Ecstasy is the leader of the world
Groans: 24
Groaned at 81 Times in 33 Posts
Not Ranked  0 score     

Something that no one has mentioned..

COBB TIP uses plastic vacuum nipple
CP-E and SURE uses metal vacuum nipple (at least, the SURE "looks" like metal, can't confirm on their website)

When I uninstalled my COBB TIP, pulling the silicone hose actually yanked the plastic nipple right out of the TIP. Wasn't too thrilled or impressed with that.
2011 LSM Mazdaspeed 3 Sport w/tech pkg - sold
Silver Ecstasy is offline   Reply With Quote
 Old 04-08-2011, 08:43 AM   #10

jo.jacques has a brilliant futurejo.jacques has a brilliant futurejo.jacques has a brilliant futurejo.jacques has a brilliant futurejo.jacques has a brilliant futurejo.jacques has a brilliant futurejo.jacques has a brilliant futurejo.jacques has a brilliant futurejo.jacques has a brilliant futurejo.jacques has a brilliant futurejo.jacques has a brilliant future
Groans: 3
Groaned at 2 Times in 2 Posts
Not Ranked  0 score     

Originally Posted by ms307nm View Post
LOLL can I keep that as my signature?
i use my TIP to penetrate womens buttholes
jo.jacques is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to jo.jacques For This Useful Post:
I Love Brownies (04-08-2011)
 Old 04-08-2011, 09:16 AM   #11
patrick failman

karl-hungus is the leader of the worldkarl-hungus is the leader of the worldkarl-hungus is the leader of the worldkarl-hungus is the leader of the worldkarl-hungus is the leader of the worldkarl-hungus is the leader of the worldkarl-hungus is the leader of the worldkarl-hungus is the leader of the worldkarl-hungus is the leader of the worldkarl-hungus is the leader of the worldkarl-hungus is the leader of the world
Thanked 5,434 Times in 2,185 Posts
Groans: 74
Groaned at 55 Times in 47 Posts
Not Ranked  0 score     

Originally Posted by jo.jacques View Post
yes, but use the french canadian translation...

i use my tip to penetrate little boy buttholes
2012 ingot silver mustang gt w/ 6 speed, 3.73 rear end, bama 93 tune, cat deletes, boss 302 oil cooler, roush cai, dynotech aluminum driveshaft, ford racing strut tower brace, dampers & springs, boss 302 sway bars, gt500 strut mounts, lower control arms & axle backs, j&m adjustable panhard bar, steeda upper control arm & 3 point braces, jlt catch can, barton short shifter & shift bracket
karl-hungus is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to karl-hungus For This Useful Post:
frivolous_rob (04-08-2011), I Love Brownies (04-08-2011), ScarMS3 (04-08-2011)
 Old 04-08-2011, 09:17 AM   #12

I Love Brownies is the leader of the worldI Love Brownies is the leader of the worldI Love Brownies is the leader of the worldI Love Brownies is the leader of the worldI Love Brownies is the leader of the worldI Love Brownies is the leader of the worldI Love Brownies is the leader of the worldI Love Brownies is the leader of the worldI Love Brownies is the leader of the worldI Love Brownies is the leader of the worldI Love Brownies is the leader of the world
Thanked 5,156 Times in 2,461 Posts
Groans: 371
Groaned at 62 Times in 39 Posts
Not Ranked  0 score     

i would be honored

Originally Posted by pat failman View Post
haha hilarious
I Love Brownies is offline   Reply With Quote
 Old 04-08-2011, 10:06 AM   #13

jo.jacques has a brilliant futurejo.jacques has a brilliant futurejo.jacques has a brilliant futurejo.jacques has a brilliant futurejo.jacques has a brilliant futurejo.jacques has a brilliant futurejo.jacques has a brilliant futurejo.jacques has a brilliant futurejo.jacques has a brilliant futurejo.jacques has a brilliant futurejo.jacques has a brilliant future
Groans: 3
Groaned at 2 Times in 2 Posts
Not Ranked  0 score     

Only if you use the Redneck translation....

i use my tip to penetrate my sister's and cousin's buttholes
ahahah
i use my TIP to penetrate womens buttholes
jo.jacques is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to jo.jacques For This Useful Post:
ELiTeNeSs (04-08-2011), I Love Brownies (04-08-2011), ScarMS3 (04-08-2011)
 Old 04-08-2011, 10:10 AM   #14

manelscout4life is the leader of the worldmanelscout4life is the leader of the worldmanelscout4life is the leader of the worldmanelscout4life is the leader of the worldmanelscout4life is the leader of the worldmanelscout4life is the leader of the worldmanelscout4life is the leader of the worldmanelscout4life is the leader of the worldmanelscout4life is the leader of the worldmanelscout4life is the leader of the worldmanelscout4life is the leader of the world
Thanked 1,779 Times in 741 Posts
Groans: 661
Groaned at 45 Times in 33 Posts
Not Ranked  0 score     

get a pg one. no need to pay more then 100$
manelscout4life is offline   Reply With Quote
 Old 04-08-2011, 10:15 AM   #15

ms3brendan is the leader of the worldms3brendan is the leader of the worldms3brendan is the leader of the worldms3brendan is the leader of the worldms3brendan is the leader of the worldms3brendan is the leader of the worldms3brendan is the leader of the worldms3brendan is the leader of the worldms3brendan is the leader of the worldms3brendan is the leader of the worldms3brendan is the leader of the world
Groans: 2
Groaned at 13 Times in 9 Posts
Not Ranked  0 score     

I'm parting out slowly, I think I'm removing my Cobb TIP this weekend.. If ya want to go cheap I'll make sure the nipple doesn't come out of mine and you can have mine for cheap..

I wouldn't even get a TIP if I were to do it over though.. I don't think it made any difference whatsoever lol but it's def been a long time.
 Old 04-08-2011, 10:17 AM   #16

Silver Ecstasy is the leader of the worldSilver Ecstasy is the leader of the worldSilver Ecstasy is the leader of the worldSilver Ecstasy is the leader of the worldSilver Ecstasy is the leader of the worldSilver Ecstasy is the leader of the worldSilver Ecstasy is the leader of the worldSilver Ecstasy is the leader of the worldSilver Ecstasy is the leader of the worldSilver Ecstasy is the leader of the worldSilver Ecstasy is the leader of the world
Not Ranked  0 score     

You definitely get used to the TIP, just like anything else. You hear a little more turbo spool, and that's about it. It's a lot of work for a part that doesn't have any proof that it helps. And I don't follow the whole "Look at the stock TIP and you'll see why it helps" bit. I am willing to give Mazda 1 OUNCE of trust that although it doesn't look pretty, it serves it's purpose and doesn't choke the turbo like everyone claims.
 Old 04-08-2011, 10:48 AM   #17

ms3brendan is the leader of the worldms3brendan is the leader of the worldms3brendan is the leader of the worldms3brendan is the leader of the worldms3brendan is the leader of the worldms3brendan is the leader of the worldms3brendan is the leader of the worldms3brendan is the leader of the worldms3brendan is the leader of the worldms3brendan is the leader of the worldms3brendan is the leader of the world
Groans: 2
Groaned at 13 Times in 9 Posts
Not Ranked  0 score     

Originally Posted by Silver Ecstasy View Post
You definitely get used to the TIP, just like anything else. You hear a little more turbo spool, and that's about it. It's a lot of work for a part that doesn't have any proof that it helps. And I don't follow the whole "Look at the stock TIP and you'll see why it helps" bit. I am willing to give Mazda 1 OUNCE of trust that although it doesn't look pretty, it serves it's purpose and doesn't choke the turbo like everyone claims.
This.

I bought mine used and I bought into the whole "look at the stock pancake one" which yeah, it definitely looks ridiculously useless but I'm sure there's restriction there for a reason..

It does give you the placebo effects though that you get quicker spool.. lol.
 Old 04-08-2011, 10:52 AM   #18

Not Ranked  0 score     

Originally Posted by ms3brendan View Post
This.

I bought mine used and I bought into the whole "look at the stock pancake one" which yeah, it definitely looks ridiculously useless but I'm sure there's restriction there for a reason..

It does give you the placebo effects though that you get quicker spool.. lol.
Agreed. I would think if it actually did create a restriction, our MPG ratings would plummet because your car would always be faced with calculated load increases due to a chokehold. In a way, I think that pancaked stock TIP creates just the right amount of restriction to balance the hot and cold side of the turbo for the appropriate rotational speed. The turbo has both sides working at the same time. Technically speaking, a downpipe makes more sense than the TIP because the downpipe allows the hot side to spin more freely. The benefit of that is that the two are obviously connected, so the turbo can work more easily to draw air in and create boost.
 Old 04-08-2011, 10:56 AM   #19

WTEngr has a reputation beyond reputeWTEngr has a reputation beyond reputeWTEngr has a reputation beyond reputeWTEngr has a reputation beyond reputeWTEngr has a reputation beyond reputeWTEngr has a reputation beyond reputeWTEngr has a reputation beyond reputeWTEngr has a reputation beyond reputeWTEngr has a reputation beyond reputeWTEngr has a reputation beyond reputeWTEngr has a reputation beyond repute
(Thread Starter)
Not Ranked  0 score     

Good shit gents. Thanks for the info, and the damn good laughs.
WTEngr is offline   Reply With Quote
 Old 04-08-2011, 11:00 AM   #20

Not Ranked  0 score     

Originally Posted by manelscout4life View Post
get a pg one. no need to pay more then 100$
PG is full of fail... go Cork Sport... trust me.

Sloppy welds on the PG leave a big ass chunk of metal right in' the path of your turbo... should that happen to give way, your compressor eats it with nothing stopping it...

Do what you want, I just know what i've seen with my own eyes

and as much as I agree that there is no true benefit, it "looks" as though the air path is more turbulent through the stocker. Thats why I emphasized "smoother"

But unless flow is restricted on the intake side, there is no point in spending almost $200 for noise.

Old 04-08-2011, 11:10 AM   #21

frivolous_rob is the leader of the worldfrivolous_rob is the leader of the worldfrivolous_rob is the leader of the worldfrivolous_rob is the leader of the worldfrivolous_rob is the leader of the worldfrivolous_rob is the leader of the worldfrivolous_rob is the leader of the worldfrivolous_rob is the leader of the worldfrivolous_rob is the leader of the worldfrivolous_rob is the leader of the worldfrivolous_rob is the leader of the world
Thanked 1,340 Times in 743 Posts
Groans: 4
Groaned at 44 Times in 17 Posts
Not Ranked  0 score     

nipple on the Sure's TIP is metal.
I Love Brownies (04-08-2011)
 Old 04-08-2011, 03:30 PM   #22

JohnMS3 is the leader of the worldJohnMS3 is the leader of the worldJohnMS3 is the leader of the worldJohnMS3 is the leader of the worldJohnMS3 is the leader of the worldJohnMS3 is the leader of the worldJohnMS3 is the leader of the worldJohnMS3 is the leader of the worldJohnMS3 is the leader of the worldJohnMS3 is the leader of the worldJohnMS3 is the leader of the world
Groans: 10
Groaned at 6 Times in 5 Posts
Not Ranked  0 score     

METAL NIPPLE!!!

| Cobb AP | Cobb SRI/TIP | CXRacing/Godspeed FMIC | AQ Motorsports downpipe | Mazdaspeed CBE | Autotech HPFP internals | Koni Yellows | Eibach Prokit | Progress RSB | Mazdaspeed camber arms | CPE RMM | TWM shortshifter/bushings | Redlinegoods shifter/e-brake boots | Defi Red Racer boost gauge | RPM ventpod | OEM RX8 wheels | Yokohama S-drive 245/40/18 | Volt 4300K HID | Ho-en yellow fogs | Mazda5 rear rotors | Dual Fiamm horns |
JohnMS3 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to JohnMS3 For This Useful Post:
breakfstincluded (08-16-2011), frivolous_rob (04-09-2011)
 Old 04-08-2011, 03:53 PM   #23

dizzin9 is the leader of the worlddizzin9 is the leader of the worlddizzin9 is the leader of the worlddizzin9 is the leader of the worlddizzin9 is the leader of the worlddizzin9 is the leader of the worlddizzin9 is the leader of the worlddizzin9 is the leader of the worlddizzin9 is the leader of the worlddizzin9 is the leader of the worlddizzin9 is the leader of the world
Thanked 1,331 Times in 525 Posts
Groans: 77
Groaned at 39 Times in 27 Posts
Not Ranked  0 score     

cobb coz i'm not sure about SURE

2012 FORD MUSTANG GT >>> 400A Premium _ Performance White _ 6MT _ 3.73 _ HID & Security Pkg

Koni Yellows _ Whiteline FSB & RSB _ FRPP K-Springs w/ Bump Stops, Boss 302 Strut Tower Brace, GT500 Strut Mounts, GT500 RCA, GT500-style AB
J&M PHB _ Eibach Camber Bolts _ Avant Garde M510 Satin Silver 19x9.5 40ET _ Hankook Ventus S1 noble2 275/40/19

dizzin9 is offline   Reply With Quote
 Old 04-09-2011, 12:11 AM   #24

frivolous_rob is the leader of the worldfrivolous_rob is the leader of the worldfrivolous_rob is the leader of the worldfrivolous_rob is the leader of the worldfrivolous_rob is the leader of the worldfrivolous_rob is the leader of the worldfrivolous_rob is the leader of the worldfrivolous_rob is the leader of the worldfrivolous_rob is the leader of the worldfrivolous_rob is the leader of the worldfrivolous_rob is the leader of the world
Thanked 1,340 Times in 743 Posts
Groans: 4
Groaned at 44 Times in 17 Posts
Not Ranked  0 score     

ooh rofls. plastic nip or metal nips.... i go with metal cause that shits hot^
 Old 04-09-2011, 01:27 AM   #25

ZsSpeed3 has a brilliant futureZsSpeed3 has a brilliant futureZsSpeed3 has a brilliant futureZsSpeed3 has a brilliant futureZsSpeed3 has a brilliant futureZsSpeed3 has a brilliant futureZsSpeed3 has a brilliant futureZsSpeed3 has a brilliant futureZsSpeed3 has a brilliant futureZsSpeed3 has a brilliant futureZsSpeed3 has a brilliant future
Groaned at 1 Time in 1 Post
Not Ranked  0 score     

I am going to go SURE when i get chance to purchase some parts. I had a PG and the fitment was WAY to tight. People have said that the SURE TIP is a perfect fit. It has my vote.
ZsSpeed3 is offline   Reply With Quote
 Old 04-09-2011, 06:20 AM   #26

Not Ranked  0 score     

Originally Posted by MS3inDC View Post
PG is full of fail... go Cork Sport... trust me.

Sloppy welds on the PG leave a big ass chunk of metal right in' the path of your turbo... should that happen to give way, your compressor eats it with nothing stopping it...

Do what you want, I just know what i've seen with my own eyes

and as much as I agree that there is no true benefit, it "looks" as though the air path is more turbulent through the stocker. Thats why I emphasized "smoother"

But unless flow is restricted on the intake side, there is no point in spending almost $200 for noise.
Truth. I have personally witnessed this fail and it is devastating when it happens. 3 2008 MS3's, 3 PG inlets. 1 catastrophic failure. We all installed our inlets and decided to go for quick test runs around the block. All 3 cars were equipped with Dashhawks, SRI's, and Forge BPVs. Car #3 was cruising just fine until a CEL came on, and the Dashhawk was reporting only 6psi Boost, and a hellified supercharger whine coming from underneath the hood.

We think maybe it's the inlet? So we de-mod and put completely back to stock and run into the same exact situation. Then we realize, there's a piece of the inlet that's missing. Guess where it went...

PG - never-fucking-again.
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Silver Ecstasy For This Useful Post:
giordanos4 (05-09-2011), I Love Brownies (04-09-2011), JohnMS3 (04-09-2011), karl-hungus (04-09-2011), MS3inDC (04-10-2011), TexasSpeed3 (07-24-2011)
 Old 04-09-2011, 06:28 AM   #27

clowncar is the leader of the worldclowncar is the leader of the worldclowncar is the leader of the worldclowncar is the leader of the worldclowncar is the leader of the worldclowncar is the leader of the worldclowncar is the leader of the worldclowncar is the leader of the worldclowncar is the leader of the worldclowncar is the leader of the worldclowncar is the leader of the world
Groans: 70
Groaned at 23 Times in 15 Posts
Not Ranked  0 score     

i like how sure has a name for its tip.
Atleast you can actually read SURE's name for it...

last time I checked CP-e has a name for theirs too.. Nviscid™

SURE gives their products names and they get shit for it...

But CP-e gives their product a name you cant even pronounce and everyone sucks their dick for it
JohnMS3 (04-09-2011), Stealth01 (07-24-2011)
 Old 04-09-2011, 06:46 AM   #28
jbr makes fall-a-parts.

Tokay444 is the leader of the worldTokay444 is the leader of the worldTokay444 is the leader of the worldTokay444 is the leader of the worldTokay444 is the leader of the worldTokay444 is the leader of the worldTokay444 is the leader of the worldTokay444 is the leader of the worldTokay444 is the leader of the worldTokay444 is the leader of the worldTokay444 is the leader of the world
Thanked 26,388 Times in 7,871 Posts
Groans: 793
Groaned at 496 Times in 321 Posts
Not Ranked  0 score     

That's the catholic translation.
Tokay444 is offline   Reply With Quote
 Old 04-09-2011, 07:01 AM   #29

Mistersix is the leader of the worldMistersix is the leader of the worldMistersix is the leader of the worldMistersix is the leader of the worldMistersix is the leader of the worldMistersix is the leader of the worldMistersix is the leader of the worldMistersix is the leader of the worldMistersix is the leader of the worldMistersix is the leader of the worldMistersix is the leader of the world
Groans: 7
Groaned at 3 Times in 3 Posts
Not Ranked  0 score     

i've had the pg and cobb. both fit just fine. neither make a difference in performance really. its just another piece of the puzzle to maximizing your turbo's effeiciancy.

the only real difference between the two is pg has a mounting tabb on top and the cobb does not.
also, the blow off valve sound is a little different between the metal and silicone. It got a tad quieter and softer sounding. with the metal it was louder and more brash sounding.
Mistersix is offline   Reply With Quote
 Old 04-09-2011, 07:34 AM   #30

Not Ranked  0 score     

Originally Posted by Mistersix View Post
i've had the pg and cobb. both fit just fine. neither make a difference in performance really. its just another piece of the puzzle to maximizing your turbo's effeiciancy.

the only real difference between the two is pg has a mounting tabb on top and the cobb does not.
also, the blow off valve sound is a little different between the metal and silicone. It got a tad quieter and softer sounding. with the metal it was louder and more brash sounding.
I ran into an issue with my PG inlet rubbing against a hose that connects to the firewall. Not sure if you ever ran into that. Had some marring on the hose, and black gumming on the inlet finish from the hose.
 Old 04-09-2011, 02:06 PM   #31

Mistersix is the leader of the worldMistersix is the leader of the worldMistersix is the leader of the worldMistersix is the leader of the worldMistersix is the leader of the worldMistersix is the leader of the worldMistersix is the leader of the worldMistersix is the leader of the worldMistersix is the leader of the worldMistersix is the leader of the worldMistersix is the leader of the world
Not Ranked  0 score     

yes it did rub on something and it was a tight fit between the motor and the battery as does the cobb. But nothing to cry about really. it fit and did its job.
 Old 04-09-2011, 07:54 PM   #32

Not Ranked  0 score     

Originally Posted by Mistersix View Post
yes it did rub on something and it was a tight fit between the motor and the battery as does the cobb. But nothing to cry about really. it fit and did its job.
You dont see me shedding tears.. My cobb tip didnt rub.
 Old 04-09-2011, 08:27 PM   #33

mazdamx3freak has a reputation beyond reputemazdamx3freak has a reputation beyond reputemazdamx3freak has a reputation beyond reputemazdamx3freak has a reputation beyond reputemazdamx3freak has a reputation beyond reputemazdamx3freak has a reputation beyond reputemazdamx3freak has a reputation beyond reputemazdamx3freak has a reputation beyond reputemazdamx3freak has a reputation beyond reputemazdamx3freak has a reputation beyond reputemazdamx3freak has a reputation beyond repute
Groans: 13
Groaned at 4 Times in 3 Posts
Not Ranked  0 score     

how come nobody mentioned Hituned?
Hi-Tuned Performance | Products

JBR:3.5 intake, fmic, r51 Battery Box, Ancors, EGR Delete, Thermal Spacers, 5mm Wheel spacers, Shift plate.

Matt Dimond OCC, Autotech Internals, CNT catted downpipe, itv-22, Threadstone T8L FMIC,SU Turbosmart Bpv, SUv2 Rmm
mazdamx3freak is offline   Reply With Quote
 Old 04-10-2011, 06:42 AM   #34

Not Ranked  0 score     

Originally Posted by mazdamx3freak View Post
how come nobody mentioned Hituned?
Hi-Tuned Performance | Products
Because the title says "cobb vs sure". Good looking out though.
 Old 04-10-2011, 09:59 AM   #35

Not Ranked  0 score     

Originally Posted by Silver Ecstasy View Post
Truth. I have personally witnessed this fail and it is devastating when it happens. 3 2008 MS3's, 3 PG inlets. 1 catastrophic failure. We all installed our inlets and decided to go for quick test runs around the block. All 3 cars were equipped with Dashhawks, SRI's, and Forge BPVs. Car #3 was cruising just fine until a CEL came on, and the Dashhawk was reporting only 6psi Boost, and a hellified supercharger whine coming from underneath the hood.

We think maybe it's the inlet? So we de-mod and put completely back to stock and run into the same exact situation. Then we realize, there's a piece of the inlet that's missing. Guess where it went...

PG - never-fucking-again.
more PG fail

like I said... if you're gonna go cheap, go Cork Sport.

Theirs has the little stock mounting tab, a metal nipple, costs only $100 blah blaah blaaah.

The Following User Says Thank You to MS3inDC For This Useful Post:
giordanos4 (05-09-2011)
 Old 04-10-2011, 02:20 PM   #36

manelscout4life is the leader of the worldmanelscout4life is the leader of the worldmanelscout4life is the leader of the worldmanelscout4life is the leader of the worldmanelscout4life is the leader of the worldmanelscout4life is the leader of the worldmanelscout4life is the leader of the worldmanelscout4life is the leader of the worldmanelscout4life is the leader of the worldmanelscout4life is the leader of the worldmanelscout4life is the leader of the world
Thanked 1,779 Times in 741 Posts
Groans: 661
Groaned at 45 Times in 33 Posts
Not Ranked  0 score     

damn I hope my inlet doesn't fall apart.
manelscout4life is offline   Reply With Quote
 Old 04-10-2011, 02:23 PM   #37

RayRay is the leader of the worldRayRay is the leader of the worldRayRay is the leader of the worldRayRay is the leader of the worldRayRay is the leader of the worldRayRay is the leader of the worldRayRay is the leader of the worldRayRay is the leader of the worldRayRay is the leader of the worldRayRay is the leader of the worldRayRay is the leader of the world
Thanked 41,156 Times in 2,762 Posts
Groaned at 9 Times in 5 Posts
Not Ranked  0 score     

NATOR BUTT SEX!!!!
RayRay is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to RayRay For This Useful Post:
I Love Brownies (04-10-2011)
 Old 04-10-2011, 02:26 PM   #38
jbr makes fall-a-parts.

Tokay444 is the leader of the worldTokay444 is the leader of the worldTokay444 is the leader of the worldTokay444 is the leader of the worldTokay444 is the leader of the worldTokay444 is the leader of the worldTokay444 is the leader of the worldTokay444 is the leader of the worldTokay444 is the leader of the worldTokay444 is the leader of the worldTokay444 is the leader of the world
Thanked 26,388 Times in 7,871 Posts
Groans: 793
Groaned at 496 Times in 321 Posts
Not Ranked  0 score     

Originally Posted by manelscout4life View Post
damn I hope my inlet doesn't fall apart.
In for your inlet falling apart.
Tokay444 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Tokay444 For This Useful Post:
manelscout4life (04-10-2011)
 Old 04-10-2011, 02:38 PM   #39

Bitner16 has a reputation beyond reputeBitner16 has a reputation beyond reputeBitner16 has a reputation beyond reputeBitner16 has a reputation beyond reputeBitner16 has a reputation beyond reputeBitner16 has a reputation beyond reputeBitner16 has a reputation beyond reputeBitner16 has a reputation beyond reputeBitner16 has a reputation beyond reputeBitner16 has a reputation beyond reputeBitner16 has a reputation beyond repute
Groans: 0
Not Ranked  0 score     

I would go with SURE TIP!
I had the Cobb TIP in 2009, and in 2010 a CEL came on and I found that my Cobb TIP had cracked at the silicone bend to the plastic nipple. also the metal piping was cheesy and started to oval out and leak.
I bought the SURE and saw that it had thicker silicone by the nipple and that the nipple was indeed metal.
The best thing with the SURE was that the metal piping seems to be twice as strong and a little thicker! I was able to crank down those clamps without ovals! better hose clamps too
Silver Ecstasy (04-10-2011)
 Old 04-10-2011, 10:42 PM   #40

EL F00LI0 is the leader of the worldEL F00LI0 is the leader of the worldEL F00LI0 is the leader of the worldEL F00LI0 is the leader of the worldEL F00LI0 is the leader of the worldEL F00LI0 is the leader of the worldEL F00LI0 is the leader of the worldEL F00LI0 is the leader of the worldEL F00LI0 is the leader of the worldEL F00LI0 is the leader of the worldEL F00LI0 is the leader of the world
Groans: 5
Groaned at 2 Times in 1 Post
Not Ranked  0 score     

I chose sure just because I've read the cobb sri & tip combo isn't good together. They look identical except for the metal nipple...no gains from it just a slightly louder turbo and better airflow.
| Cquence Drilled/Slotted Rotors | Hawk HPS Pads | TWM STS | Glowshift Boost Gauge | Sti V Limited Front Lip |
EL F00LI0 is offline   Reply With Quote