register gallery

Go Back   Mazdaspeed Forums >
MAZDASPEED SECTION
>
Mazdaspeed 3/6 MZR Gen1 Forums (2006-2009)
> Mazdaspeed3/6 General Discussion

Welcome to Mazdaspeed Forums .

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

*When you join MSF as a registered user, there will be No Ads.

*Registered Members get access to the Off Topic Area of the Forum

*Registered Members have an opportunity to upgrade their accounts to VIP, which brings a host of goddies for supporting MSF such as Raffles, Additional Forum Access, More PM Storage, The ability to upload more Images and many other enhancements.

*Registered members also get access to the live chat box!

Bookmark and Share LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
 Old 02-01-2011, 11:55 AM   #1

j996tt is an unknown quantity at this point
Groans: 0
Groaned at 0 Times in 0 Posts
(Thread Starter)
Not Ranked  0 score     
Default Decisions, Decisions... Need some advice

I am just about to buy a MS3 and have 2 options (both new):

2010 MS3 Tech. pkg at 22400
2011 MS3 Tech pkg at 23400

I know the differences in tech pkg. equipment 2010 vs. 2011. Is it worth the extra 1K to do the 2011? Basically getting factory HIDs and rear LEDs for 1K more. I know it is only 1K but 1K can buy some other things...

Thanks for the input. Jeff
j996tt is offline   Reply With Quote
 Old 02-01-2011, 12:06 PM   #2

MizzyMS3 is the leader of the worldMizzyMS3 is the leader of the worldMizzyMS3 is the leader of the worldMizzyMS3 is the leader of the worldMizzyMS3 is the leader of the worldMizzyMS3 is the leader of the worldMizzyMS3 is the leader of the worldMizzyMS3 is the leader of the worldMizzyMS3 is the leader of the worldMizzyMS3 is the leader of the worldMizzyMS3 is the leader of the world
Groans: 12
Groaned at 3 Times in 3 Posts
Not Ranked  0 score     

for only 1k, i would get the 2011. the Tech package for 2011 also adds the headlights that move with the road. IMO, you should go with the 2011.
Cobb AP V3 Purple Drank Tuned (E33 mix) | HTP 3.5' Intake | eBay Catless DP | UR CBE | CX-Racing FMIC | Autotechs | Turbosmart Dual Port BOV | JBR Short Throw Shifter | JBR Stage 2 SSP | JBR 88 duro RMM | RallyArmor Mudflaps | Eibach pro kit + Koni Yellows + SPC Camber Arms | NGK step colder

MizzyMS3 is offline   Reply With Quote
 Old 02-01-2011, 12:11 PM   #3

Design is the leader of the worldDesign is the leader of the worldDesign is the leader of the worldDesign is the leader of the worldDesign is the leader of the worldDesign is the leader of the worldDesign is the leader of the worldDesign is the leader of the worldDesign is the leader of the worldDesign is the leader of the worldDesign is the leader of the world
Thanked 1,029 Times in 622 Posts
Groans: 10
Groaned at 9 Times in 5 Posts
Not Ranked  0 score     

Well you need to look at it in terms of the increase in monthly payments, unless you're paying for it outright. On a four year plan it's probably no more than $20-30.

If you like HID's, definitely stick with OEM. Aftermarket is fine but they are notorious for stray beams in Halogen assemblies. If a cop is having a bad day they'll even cite you for it. GL.

Ownership & Build Thread
Design is offline   Reply With Quote
 Old 02-01-2011, 01:37 PM   #4

specvspeedfreak is the leader of the worldspecvspeedfreak is the leader of the worldspecvspeedfreak is the leader of the worldspecvspeedfreak is the leader of the worldspecvspeedfreak is the leader of the worldspecvspeedfreak is the leader of the worldspecvspeedfreak is the leader of the worldspecvspeedfreak is the leader of the worldspecvspeedfreak is the leader of the worldspecvspeedfreak is the leader of the worldspecvspeedfreak is the leader of the world
Thanked 1,537 Times in 799 Posts
Groans: 10
Groaned at 54 Times in 27 Posts
Not Ranked  0 score     

I would get the 11 tech..but if price is what your concerned about wait a few days and check incentives on edmunds or truecar.com ..itll tell you how much feb dealer incentives are. Jan they had 1K for the 11 and 1.5k for the 10's. there were no rebates just dealer incentive and most will pass it on to the customer. Its better cause you dont have the extra. Dealer incentives are also better for resale.

I got my 2011 ms3 yesterday cause I was not sure if the incentives will stay the same, go up or down. ms3 usually havent had incentives or rebates so i took the chance and just bought it yesterday.

to save a bit more look on mazdausa dealer inventory for 11' that have msrp of 23,340 and not 23,700 (unless the tech package on these don't come with hid's and led, i think they do though)

with that info you should be able to get an 11' ms3 for less than 23,400 (assuming 1k incentive stays)

sorry if you knew all that but it might help out some future buyers.

i got my non tech 11 ms3 for 20700.
specvspeedfreak is offline   Reply With Quote
 Old 02-01-2011, 01:40 PM   #5
Fuck sushi rolls

rodrigo is the leader of the worldrodrigo is the leader of the worldrodrigo is the leader of the worldrodrigo is the leader of the worldrodrigo is the leader of the worldrodrigo is the leader of the worldrodrigo is the leader of the worldrodrigo is the leader of the worldrodrigo is the leader of the worldrodrigo is the leader of the worldrodrigo is the leader of the world
Thanked 24,876 Times in 7,891 Posts
Groans: 356
Groaned at 509 Times in 380 Posts
Not Ranked  0 score     

save the moneyz and get 2010..... headlights that move lol.... yeah thats fucken really needed for them high speed canyon carving runs we all do...

gtfo

2007 Ms3 3071r fully bolted , retired and sold after 110k miles of abuse

2014 Black Track Pack premium , NA 4lyfe ...AED dyno tuned on E85 466.6whp / 406.8 TQ SAE

rodrigo is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to rodrigo For This Useful Post:
ClutchEngaged (02-04-2011)
 Old 02-01-2011, 01:55 PM   #6
Blue 2 shims

Nazarite is the leader of the worldNazarite is the leader of the worldNazarite is the leader of the worldNazarite is the leader of the worldNazarite is the leader of the worldNazarite is the leader of the worldNazarite is the leader of the worldNazarite is the leader of the worldNazarite is the leader of the worldNazarite is the leader of the worldNazarite is the leader of the world
Thanked 2,642 Times in 702 Posts
Groans: 66
Groaned at 30 Times in 19 Posts
Not Ranked  0 score     

I'm with Lenny, but it depends on you man. You already said you know the difference, so decide if it's worth 1k. But that tip about incentives is money. Look into that regardless.
 Old 02-01-2011, 02:03 PM   #7

dizzydtrain is the leader of the worlddizzydtrain is the leader of the worlddizzydtrain is the leader of the worlddizzydtrain is the leader of the worlddizzydtrain is the leader of the worlddizzydtrain is the leader of the worlddizzydtrain is the leader of the worlddizzydtrain is the leader of the worlddizzydtrain is the leader of the worlddizzydtrain is the leader of the worlddizzydtrain is the leader of the world
Thanked 2,576 Times in 955 Posts
Groans: 64
Groaned at 13 Times in 13 Posts
Not Ranked  0 score     

I would go with the 2010 and see if you can get the price lower. With the money you save you can buy mods, you know you want to. The price difference can take care of the must have mods for this car like RMM, intake, and ssp.

The only thing i think of when I hear "headlights that turn" is expensive repair cost. A lot of people here also say that the bose system is not that great.
Cp-e HPFP : JBR 80duro RMM : JBR Special Edition Heavy Shift Knob : JBR EGR Delete : Matt Damond OCC kit : Cobb AP : Cobb DP : Cobb BPV XLE : ETS TMIC : CP-e SRI : Cp-e TIP : Magnaflow CBE : Aeroforce Interceptor Dual Gauge : Blockhead vent pod :PERM Tuned : H&R Springs : TSW Nurburgring 18x8.5 w/ 235/45 Hankook Ventus V12 Evo : DDM 6000k Lows : DDM 3000k Fogs : Corksport LED light kit : 3M 35% color stable tint
dizzydtrain is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to dizzydtrain For This Useful Post:
stanley0910 (02-03-2011)
 Old 02-01-2011, 02:13 PM   #8

wankular is the leader of the worldwankular is the leader of the worldwankular is the leader of the worldwankular is the leader of the worldwankular is the leader of the worldwankular is the leader of the worldwankular is the leader of the worldwankular is the leader of the worldwankular is the leader of the worldwankular is the leader of the worldwankular is the leader of the world
Thanked 5,537 Times in 2,045 Posts
Groans: 5
Groaned at 19 Times in 18 Posts
Not Ranked  0 score     

If you watch those Mazda TV commercials at the end in small print it always says "Excludes Mazdaspeed 3". So good luck on incentives unless a specific dealership is offering one.
 Old 02-01-2011, 03:13 PM   #9
Banned

07slsms3 has much to be proud of07slsms3 has much to be proud of07slsms3 has much to be proud of07slsms3 has much to be proud of07slsms3 has much to be proud of07slsms3 has much to be proud of07slsms3 has much to be proud of07slsms3 has much to be proud of07slsms3 has much to be proud of
Groans: 2
Groaned at 16 Times in 4 Posts
Not Ranked  0 score     

I would go with the 2010 my self...Actually i wouldnt buy a Genpoo BUT if I were you and I had to choose between 1 of the 2 choices, I would go with a 2010 MS3 and try to negotiate the price down a little bit like 22000 plus tax ,tags ect...

Good luck and I hope you get it man , you will love everything about the car EXCEPT the smiling grille...lol
07slsms3 is offline   Reply With Quote
 Old 02-01-2011, 06:52 PM   #10

scriccs is the leader of the worldscriccs is the leader of the worldscriccs is the leader of the worldscriccs is the leader of the worldscriccs is the leader of the worldscriccs is the leader of the worldscriccs is the leader of the worldscriccs is the leader of the worldscriccs is the leader of the worldscriccs is the leader of the worldscriccs is the leader of the world
Groans: 50
Groaned at 2 Times in 2 Posts
Not Ranked  0 score     

Id go 2011. I love my HIDs.
 Old 02-01-2011, 09:23 PM   #11

Caldazar has a reputation beyond reputeCaldazar has a reputation beyond reputeCaldazar has a reputation beyond reputeCaldazar has a reputation beyond reputeCaldazar has a reputation beyond reputeCaldazar has a reputation beyond reputeCaldazar has a reputation beyond reputeCaldazar has a reputation beyond reputeCaldazar has a reputation beyond reputeCaldazar has a reputation beyond reputeCaldazar has a reputation beyond repute
Not Ranked  0 score     

for a grand, take the newer car!! It will be worth more whenever you decide to resell it, period. Given the two cars are in identical shape and have identical miles on them, the one that is one year newer will sell for more later on. (excluding things where the older generation is cooler such as going from a 69 Camaro to a 70 Camaro etc)

91 Talon TSi, 5spd AWD, GT3076R, fmic, 3" exhaust, Jackal EMS, methanol injection, JIC C/O and more. Looking at 10's
Caldazar is offline   Reply With Quote
 Old 02-02-2011, 02:59 PM   #12

j996tt is an unknown quantity at this point
(Thread Starter)
Not Ranked  0 score     
Default Thanks! for the advice and tips... Decision made:

I bit the bullet and bought the 2011. Was able to shave a few more $$s off the car. Pick it up as soon as I get back from a long business trip to Asia.

I am pretty excited. I did want the factory HIDs in the end (even though they might be a PITA maintenance wise down the road). I have had other cars with factory HIDs and they seem reliable enough. All the other stuff is in the Tech. pkg is not terribly important to me... FWIW the car also has the electrochromatic miror w/ homelink, wheel locks, all weather mats, and cargo net. Pretty much all factory options.

Again, thank you for the help.

Jeff
j996tt is offline   Reply With Quote
 Old 02-02-2011, 04:08 PM   #13

ZipprSuitdSungod is the leader of the worldZipprSuitdSungod is the leader of the worldZipprSuitdSungod is the leader of the worldZipprSuitdSungod is the leader of the worldZipprSuitdSungod is the leader of the worldZipprSuitdSungod is the leader of the worldZipprSuitdSungod is the leader of the worldZipprSuitdSungod is the leader of the worldZipprSuitdSungod is the leader of the worldZipprSuitdSungod is the leader of the worldZipprSuitdSungod is the leader of the world
Groans: 68
Groaned at 11 Times in 7 Posts
Not Ranked  0 score     

Good choice.......but I'm biased.
ZipprSuitdSungod is offline   Reply With Quote